[RELEASE] Effganic: Genesis

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VBigB" data-cite="VBigB" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49686" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey I have a question for those doing watcher games in this mod. Has anyone seen AOW get an owner? I have never seen it and they always go out of business because they can't run shows.<p> </p><p> Looking in the in-game editor in my current sim there seems to only be 2 potential owners left for Britain and they are both female (but no limit on age or company size - they are not generated characters). Wondering if they won't get involved in all-male promotions?</p><p> </p><p> What's weird though is that Pride of Germany, Quebec Championship Wrestling and Viva La Lucha all found potential owners from generated characters. The owner for Pride of Germany was generated in Britain.</p><p> </p><p> Now I've only simmed 5 years so I'll see what happens over the next 5.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am currently running a watcher game and I have encountered the same problem. I manually added an owner I picked from the generated workers in the British Isles. That seemed to do the trick. But it is still strange to see.</p>

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Portlius" data-cite="Portlius" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49686" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I find that Anthony Henry just will not become the owner of AOW</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think I lucked out in the save that leads to the 1942 mod. He actually opened it and it has been successful thus far.</p>

It is not. My first thought is that it doesn't have the pictures and you have generation set to only happen if there are available pictures.

I only chose to install the gifs to take advantage of new features. Is this an issue?

P.S., in August of '21, all schools shut down as well.

You'll have to mass edit the workers and free pictures to GIF instead of JPG in the editor. They are JPG by default.

Got ya Eff!

I restarted and got worker generation going. With no .jpeg's to chose, no pic is loaded. I appreicate this though, that way i can pick each pic as a worker is debuts.

Are you still having issues? I just downloaded it and it seems to be working.

It was Firefox's fault, and I think it's specific to my personal setup, I just used Edge and it worked.

I guess that's what happens when you're a power user and super customize your PC lol.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49686" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It sort of depends on your size and whether you're willing to turn off repetitive booking penalties.<p> </p><p> I successfully ran shows with three workers at insignificant with double duty. XD</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah, yeah, I don't mean for running shows. I mean for the game areas to be stable and for promotions to open/run. Like is there a ratio you want of active wrestlers to companies?</p>

Ah, yeah, I don't mean for running shows. I mean for the game areas to be stable and for promotions to open/run. Like is there a ratio you want of active wrestlers to companies?

If you have small roster penalty on, I'd say 12 - 16, if it is off then I'd say you could probably get by with 10.

Does the game not create new

Referees

Colour Commentators

Announcers

After 10 years not one new non-wrestler emerged...

You have to turn on Auto Fix Imbalances.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BobbyRogers" data-cite="BobbyRogers" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49686" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As an Effganic/MVP player, I fired this would be a good thread to to confirm that as long as you allow organic companies, autobalance, new workers, and whatever else you want, you could actually set up a bare bones mod with one worker, one company, a user character, and the standard DB imports (broadcaster/names/gimmicks etc.). <p> </p><p> 5 years in and I have 10 new companies and only one in Canada has never hired. I don't even have future workers or companies.</p><p> </p><p> This runs MUCH better than previous games, where it seems no one would ever be hired, bankruptcies, and there were never enough workers.</p></div></blockquote><p> Did the sim produce road agents? I am 50 years in the sim and only 3 road agents were generated!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="i effin rule" data-cite="i effin rule" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49686" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you have small roster penalty on, I'd say 12 - 16, if it is off then I'd say you could probably get by with 10.<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> You have to turn on Auto Fix Imbalances.</p></div></blockquote><p> I did not. But after 50 years only 3 road agents were created…:-/</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CapGermany" data-cite="CapGermany" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49686" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did not. But after 50 years only 3 road agents were created…:-/</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I dunno if it's a bug or not, but here's how I see things :</p><p> </p><p> Workers are not organically made to be "Road Agent", unlike broadcast workers or referees.</p><p> They have to be wrestlers, retired or not, and being asked to become road agents.</p>

<p>In early versions of the game, it was essentially impossible for a worker to become a Road Agent unless set to. Adam has since upped this so in theory it is supposed to happen more often. Additionally, I believe he said that anyone who retires and is a Professional or Stalwart should become a Road Agent.</p><p> </p><p>

You can also do a Quick Fill to add some Road Agents as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="i effin rule" data-cite="i effin rule" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49686" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Additionally, I believe he said that anyone who retires and is a Professional or Stalwart should become a Road Agent.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is what it is specifically:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49686" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>- Made Stalwarts and Professional workers who qualify automatically become road agents upon retirement, removing the random element</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The requirements are Psychology 65, Respect 70 & Experience 70. This means that for the first few decades it's going to be hard to get road agents organically. I did sim once all the way to 1979 and I was starting to see more (but it wasn't all done in the patch that made the change for Professional/Stalwart).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jonfun" data-cite="Jonfun" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49686" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Would it be possible to use the workers from this mod in cornellverse?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You could, but there aren't a whole lot of default workers. The ones that are in the database would need to be tweaked, else they'll be 120+ years old.</p>