How is everyone enjoying the game?

After being so back and forth for so long, I am definitely a big fan. Many of my complaints about the game were either patched, changed, or simply took time to get used to.

Honestly I've forgotten most of the issues I had with it in the first place. I could never go back to TEW2016 at this point.

A bit regretting buying it. My impression right now is that everything is too easy, no one goes bankrupt, every promotion gets 60-70 rated cards (with very select few exceptions). Finances are still all over the place.

There's a lot of upsides, sure, but it isn't there yet for me.

Really getting into a game rebuilding OLLIE right now, and my impressions are pretty positive. Most of my complaints from the initial beta have been addressed, and while there are still a few niggling UI choices that I don't like, the game is vastly improved. Once all of the bugs are ironed out and the last few balancing tweaks are made, I think this will be the definitive TEW.

A bit regretting buying it. My impression right now is that everything is too easy, no one goes bankrupt, every promotion gets 60-70 rated cards (with very select few exceptions). Finances are still all over the place.

Are you playing a converted mod?

I'm having the exact opposite experience right now. The top promotions are getting the mid70s and up, midsized promotions hit 60-70, lower-tier promotions get 35-50ish.

I regret nothing! But yeah, everything is just EZ street and that's putting me off the most. I guess not a lot of people complain about that, but they soon will when they find out after a year of gameplay that there's nothing left to too. I guess you can "conquer" Europe, but it's... not quite the same as in CK2. :p

I like the engine, I like how the gameworld's alive. And it helps that I kinda "skipped" TEW16 apart from one 6y long game and a few smaller ones. There's some personal quirks like relationships not playing into hirings/firings. Small quirks but big consequences for immersion in a game world I've grond fond of. There's been some enjoyment already, but I'm fearful for starting a new game already.

I still haven’t been able to sink a significant amount of time into it yet, but was playing a game last night and REALLY enjoying it. I think it’s an excellent game now.

I still have a laundry list of about five things I’d really like to see implemented, but even if they’re not, it won’t stop me playing this game long term.

It’s so far superior to TEW2016 in almost every way I couldn’t go back.

I'm having the exact opposite experience right now. The top promotions are getting the mid70s and up, midsized promotions hit 60-70, lower-tier promotions get 35-50ish.

It's important to understand that FIN is an unabashed power gamer. And he's looking for Battle Brothers all Eunuch level of difficulty. For everyone that just wants a realistic booking sim I actually think it's very close to the goldilocks zone for most. If you don't buy a broadcaster and look for exploits, the game is fairly challenging.

It's so much breezier. It used to be that playing as a Small or smaller company was remarkably grindy and frustrating. Now, it's nice to actually see all the hard work of putting on great shows show some results.

My one complaint, and this is very C-Verse specific, is that if you want to open up a new women's only fed, it's going to be tricky depending on what size you want. While AAA is closed, CZCW and ACPW has started hiring women, and most of the companies that had already employed women hired more.

With many of the remaining free agents nearing retirement, it can be tricky, and that's not taking into account the companies that will open in the future.

It's almost the exact opposite of 2016, where there were too many free agents compared to the job opportunities available.

It's so much breezier. It used to be that playing as a Small or smaller company was remarkably grindy and frustrating. Now, it's nice to actually see all the hard work of putting on great shows show some results.

My one complaint, and this is very C-Verse specific, is that if you want to open up a new women's only fed, it's going to be tricky depending on what size you want. While AAA is closed, CZCW and ACPW has started hiring women, and most of the companies that had already employed women hired more.

Brazzle, Rose & Lilly, Black Diamond, Malloy, Kornishkova, Reece, Wells, Sentinel, Higgins, Higa, Quinzel, Ryder. Aki, Floss, Charlton, Gomez, DD, DupiKate, Ellie May, Geena WP, Eve Grunge, JMB, Silver, Goodlooks, Power Girl, Oliva D, Star, Steffi Chee, TK and Blake. That's a 31 man roster. Depending on your size that's a rather deep pool and almost all are willing to relocate if you've got Silver Tongue skillz.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FINisher" data-cite="FINisher" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49804" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A bit regretting buying it. My impression right now is that everything is too easy, no one goes bankrupt, every promotion gets 60-70 rated cards (with very select few exceptions). Finances are still all over the place.<p> </p><p> There's a lot of upsides, sure, but it isn't there yet for me.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Try creating an era and having Lower for TV and PPV. I also reduced Arena sizes by 25% and removed locations. On these settings USPW is still making significant cash (about 25 million profit in 5 months). SWF made 6 million, TCW under 2 million in that same period. I would say that Big level companies will never go bankrupt, but then again, they never did for me in 2016 as well. </p><p> </p><p> Smaller companies are not really increasing their money at all from what i see, maybe making a small profit. It is not impossible for those that fail to get large enough going out of business.</p>

<p>Having a good time! Still within the adjustment period on some stuff and some changes I like more than others, but it looks like I'm gonna be just as into it as I was the prior ones.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FINisher" data-cite="FINisher" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49804" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>no one goes bankrupt.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Man I'm working on a mod and currently everybody goes bankrupt within two years :\</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49804" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Brazzle, Rose & Lilly, Black Diamond, Malloy, Kornishkova, Reece, Wells, Sentinel, Higgins, Higa, Quinzel, Ryder. Aki, Floss, Charlton, Gomez, DD, DupiKate, Ellie May, Geena WP, Eve Grunge, JMB, Silver, Goodlooks, Power Girl, Oliva D, Star, Steffi Chee, TK and Blake. That's a 31 man roster. Depending on your size that's a rather deep pool and almost all are willing to relocate if you've got Silver Tongue skillz.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sentinel, Kornishkova, Quinzel, and Higa are already employed, and I don't like to hire people who already have steady jobs. Candy Floss, DD, Ellie May, Geena, Grunge, JMB, Power Girl, Star, Chee, and Blake all might retire in the first year.</p><p> </p><p> Combine that with there are only about 6 "canon" women set to debut, and CWA and USPW seem less likely to cut women on the roster for little reason, yeah, I personally think the pool is much shallower this year than in 2016.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49804" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sentinel, Kornishkova, Quinzel, and Higa are already employed, and I don't like to hire people who already have steady jobs. Candy Floss, DD, Ellie May, Geena, Grunge, JMB, Power Girl, Star, Chee, and Blake all might retire in the first year.<p> </p><p> Combine that with there are only about 6 "canon" women set to debut, and CWA and USPW seem less likely to cut women on the roster for little reason, yeah, I personally think the pool is much shallower this year than in 2016.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sentinel and Kornishkova work for a Tiny indy fed. It's not like they are on ironclad exclusives, and Quinzel and Higa are poachable stars. But I do agree that Adam really went lazy on adding "Yet to Debut" people with all of the 40-something in the game. My advice would be to do what I did. And RAID the re-renders for usable Free Pics.(P.S. Render Brahs and Bros, making easy to download packs with renamed files to CVFP_ so we can easily find them and add them in as free workers would be oui Excelente.) and let the new Dojo system bail it out.</p>

Sentinel and Kornishkova work for a Tiny indy fed. It's not like they are on ironclad exclusives, and Quinzel and Higa are poachable stars. But I do agree that Adam really went lazy on adding "Yet to Debut" people with all of the 40-something in the game. My advice would be to do what I did. And RAID the re-renders for usable Free Pics.(P.S. Render Brahs and Bros, making easy to download packs with renamed files to CVFP_ so we can easily find them and add them in as free workers would be oui Excelente.) and let the new Dojo system bail it out.

"Hey, this game of Monopoly didn't come with any play money."

"Oh, well you can just take some paper from the notebook and use that."

Yeah, I CAN do all that, but I don't want to. Especially when copying a database is still kind of a hassle.

"Hey, this game of Monopoly didn't come with any play money."

"Oh, well you can just take some paper from the notebook and use that."

Yeah, I CAN do all that, but I don't want to. Especially when copying a database is still kind of a hassle.

I wouldn't go that far. As I displayed, You can very feasibly sustain a women's fed on the 25-30 workers available, especially for the first few years just vanilla, it would appear Adam wanted the Dojo rework to be a thing that supplements the game world in a real way. I'm just recommending you diversify the render pool so you always get a fresh experience game-to-game.

I thought the AI would be better, not sure why i thought that but i figured that was an obvious important element.

Probably didn't have the right people helping him for that depth.

Well, it depends on what you mean by "better". Certainly, I haven't seen many companies run themselves into the ground, whereas in 2016, you could set your watch by when ACPW and SAISHO would go out of business in 2017.

I am having a bunch of fun, but definitely know what you mean. Every promotion is just a bank account collecting interest and never goes broke or even comes close. I am using a Real World Mod though for my first play through and these stats are completely out of whack and wayyyy to high.