Momentum For Non-Wrestlers

I've seen a little bit of discussion around this and I guess I'm just looking to see if everyone is having as hard a time with momentum for non-wrestlers as I am?

I'm five months into a game as TCW and every single non-wrestler (whether they be a manager, interviewer, announcer or colour commentator) has bad momentum. RDJ had decent momentum for a while (I, like seemingly everyone, hired him as an on-screen "Sheriff" and he was in a lot of good segments) but even he now has Cooled Momentum despite rarely taking part in a segment that scores less than 80.

Are there any tricks I'm missing? The announcers and commentators are regularly calling Size-increasing shows, most managers are regularly involved in segments that are equal-to-or-better-than their current popularity. It just seems very difficult to avoid these non-wrestlers losing a ton of momentum and I'm wondering a) what I can do to change that and b) what impact it's having on my scores. Do "Chilly" commentators drag down show grades by virtue of being involved in every segment?

Anyone else struggling with this? Or better yet, anyone else NOT struggling - what's your secret?

Um, who cares? Who cares if your offscreen personnel have no momentum? What do they need it for? Momentum is mainly for IN-RING personnel. I don't care about what momentum my managers or non-wrestlers have. But, being involved in hot angles and storylines seems to give them momentum as a matter of course. Here:

http://i.imgur.com/3Qlaf9im.jpg

She's the manager of the top heel stable in the company, which includes the world champ. She's often in segments with the authority figure and the champion (and the other Major Stars chasing the title). Those tend to rate highly. I've never once thought about her momentum. It's bad enough she gains popularity at such a glacial pace, despite being featured in the highest rated angles on the show, week in and week out. Here's my 'Charly Caruso' (backstage interviewer):

M5UwWDP.jpg

All she does is hold a microphone on angles. What does she need momentum for? Unless I ask her to come out of retirement (which I wouldn't do), I'm not seeing the impact her 'Very Warm' is having. It's not making her gain popularity faster because, again, non-wrestlers had their popularity gain nerfed in 1.02. My #1 and #2 announce teams all have Warm or Very Warm momentum because I use them in angles a lot (hyping the next match, end of show or post-show roundtable discussions, etc). But I'm not fixated on that because, in my view, it's not important.

I could definitely be wrong here because I haven't paid a lick of attention to my non-wrestlers' momentum. I'm more fixated on how slowly they gain popularity. It's getting to the point where my managers' lack of popularity is starting to seriously tank segments.

Um, who cares? Who cares if your offscreen personnel have no momentum? What do they need it for? Momentum is mainly for IN-RING personnel. I don't care about what momentum my managers or non-wrestlers have. But, being involved in hot angles and storylines seems to give them momentum as a matter of course. Here:

http://i.imgur.com/3Qlaf9im.jpg

She's the manager of the top heel stable in the company, which includes the world champ. She's often in segments with the authority figure and the champion (and the other Major Stars chasing the title). Those tend to rate highly. I've never once thought about her momentum. It's bad enough she gains popularity at such a glacial pace, despite being featured in the highest rated angles on the show, week in and week out. Here's my 'Charly Caruso' (backstage interviewer):

M5UwWDP.jpg

All she does is hold a microphone on angles. What does she need momentum for? Unless I ask her to come out of retirement (which I wouldn't do), I'm not seeing the impact her 'Very Warm' is having. It's not making her gain popularity faster because, again, non-wrestlers had their popularity gain nerfed in 1.02. My #1 and #2 announce teams all have Warm or Very Warm momentum because I use them in angles a lot (hyping the next match, end of show or post-show roundtable discussions, etc). But I'm not fixated on that because, in my view, it's not important.

I could definitely be wrong here because I haven't paid a lick of attention to my non-wrestlers' momentum. I'm more fixated on how slowly they gain popularity. It's getting to the point where my managers' lack of popularity is starting to seriously tank segments.

The reason I care (or am at least curious) is because I don't know to what extent the momentum affects angle scores. I like to use managers and interviewers very regularly but I would rethink that if their Chilly momentum is negatively affecting any angle they're involved in. Likewise with commentators - does their momentum affect every segment/match they commentate?

I guess it also just seems inconsistent in my current play experience. I don't really understand why Jason Azaria and Kyle Rhodes have bad momentum when they're regularly commentating 80+ rated shows. Likewise Ricky Dale Johnson having poor momentum despite routinely being in 80+ angles. It's not game-breaking or anything but it's a little confusing, especially when, as I say, I'm not certain of the affects on scores when it comes to the angles/segments these non-wrestlers take part in.

The reason I care (or am at least curious) is because I don't know to what extent the momentum affects angle scores. I like to use managers and interviewers very regularly but I would rethink that if their Chilly momentum is negatively affecting any angle they're involved in. Likewise with commentators - does their momentum affect every segment/match they commentate?

I guess it also just seems inconsistent in my current play experience. I don't really understand why Jason Azaria and Kyle Rhodes have bad momentum when they're regularly commentating 80+ rated shows. Likewise Ricky Dale Johnson having poor momentum despite routinely being in 80+ angles. It's not game-breaking or anything but it's a little confusing, especially when, as I say, I'm not certain of the affects on scores when it comes to the angles/segments these non-wrestlers take part in.

It especially doesn't make sense for road agents. Most fans will never know who booked an individual segment, so even if it flops, their individual image should remain unblemished.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50068" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It especially doesn't make sense for road agents. Most fans will never know who booked an individual segment, so even if it flops, their individual image should remain unblemished.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sure, it doesn't make sense, but I often do shrug when a producer meddles in angles. In the end that's what it does: reducing the rating of the angle a bit.</p><p> </p><p> But honestly I'd rather have it stay at neutral so it doesn't pollude the contracts screen.</p><p> </p><p> I do often use my colour commentators in angles in a more active role. Almost all of the angles were successes, yet they've got "chilly" momentum. I do think something's wrong here. Success doesn't bring cold momentum. Not saying it should be "warm". Just not cold.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50068" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>But honestly I'd rather have it stay at neutral so it doesn't pollude the contracts screen.<p> </p><p> I do often use my colour commentators in angles in a more active role. Almost all of the angles were successes, yet they've got "chilly" momentum. I do think something's wrong here. Success doesn't bring cold momentum. Not saying it should be "warm". Just not cold.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This might make for a good suggestion. Have non-wrestlers (i.e. those directly affected by the slowed popularity gain from 1.02) momentum bottom out at Neutral. I'm almost positive it'll just be a visual thing because I'm not seeing any real benefit from my non-wrestlers having higher momentum.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50068" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This might make for a good suggestion. Have non-wrestlers (i.e. those directly affected by the slowed popularity gain from 1.02) momentum bottom out at Neutral. I'm almost positive it'll just be a visual thing because I'm not seeing any real benefit from my non-wrestlers having higher momentum.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea from what I can tell there doesn't seem to be any negative or positive for non wrestlers having good or bad momentum. . and if there isn't any effect I'd rather non wrestlers, especially referee's and road agents just be locked to neutral momentum personally.. if only for the aesthetic but also to make it a little easier to identify the wrestlers with negative momentum on the analysis screen. .</p>

Um, who cares? Who cares if your offscreen personnel have no momentum? What do they need it for? Momentum is mainly for IN-RING personnel. I don't care about what momentum my managers or non-wrestlers have.

Is this in the handbook anywhere? The only thing I can find states "Each worker has a momentum system within any company that they are employed by. It affects many things, such as their Perception rating, the level of popularity growth or decline that they're eligible for when taking part in segments, morale, etc."

From observation it doesn't seem like it does particularly matter for non-wrestlers, but the handbook definitely doesn't make that clear and I can see new players to the game assuming they're doing something wrong when their announcers and referees continually fall to ice cold, which is what seems to be happening to me. (Unless I AM doing something wrong!)

Is this in the handbook anywhere? The only thing I can find states "Each worker has a momentum system within any company that they are employed by. It affects many things, such as their Perception rating, the level of popularity growth or decline that they're eligible for when taking part in segments, morale, etc."

From observation it doesn't seem like it does particularly matter for non-wrestlers, but the handbook definitely doesn't make that clear and I can see new players to the game assuming they're doing something wrong when their announcers and referees continually fall to ice cold, which is what seems to be happening to me. (Unless I AM doing something wrong!)

Yeah, the way it's written seems like it assumes the player will assume "worker" means "wrestler". I've booked hundreds of segments since release (been playing way more than I'd like to admit) and my road agents and announcers have high momentum because I always run a talk show (ala Talking Smack) either after the main event or in the post-show. It's just a habit I picked up in TEW16. I haven't paid much attention to anyone's momentum (outside of star/major star) since I've been fixated on getting people over (i.e. popularity). Testing to see if my normal method from 13 and 16 still work and if not, what adjustments need to be made. I haven't seen anything to indicate a non-wrestler's momentum is at all useful.

Currently I am playing MAW and I am using Sam Keith a lot like WWF used Jack Tunney back in the day. His appearance is rare but when you see him you know things are going down. Him having Ice Cold Momentum hurts my ratings more then at the very start of the game when he defaulted with neutral momentum.

My guess is that this is occurring because whenever someone isn't used they lose some momentum but surely not being used shouldn't impact momentum or possibly move them back to neutral?

In real life when a wrestler or someone goes away for a while then makes a triumphant return they usually get a huge pop. Think HHH when he returned from his quad or Edge's return at Royal Rumble or numerous other times of wrestler or authority figure return after not being used for a while. Heck, while she has made sparse apperances since if next month it was announces that the new GM of Raw was Vickie Guerrero she would come back with great momentum despite the last time she was seen in a more active role she was fired in a pudding match.

The solution to this is they should be reset to Neutral after say three or six months or maybe 20 shows of none use like they were redebuting.

Currently I am playing MAW and I am using Sam Keith a lot like WWF used Jack Tunney back in the day. His appearance is rare but when you see him you know things are going down. Him having Ice Cold Momentum hurts my ratings more then at the very start of the game when he defaulted with neutral momentum.

My guess is that this is occurring because whenever someone isn't used they lose some momentum but surely not being used shouldn't impact momentum or possibly move them back to neutral?

In real life when a wrestler or someone goes away for a while then makes a triumphant return they usually get a huge pop. Think HHH when he returned from his quad or Edge's return at Royal Rumble or numerous other times of wrestler or authority figure return after not being used for a while. Heck, while she has made sparse apperances since if next month it was announces that the new GM of Raw was Vickie Guerrero she would come back with great momentum despite the last time she was seen in a more active role she was fired in a pudding match.

The solution to this is they should be reset to Neutral after say three or six months or maybe 20 shows of none use like they were redebuting.

Yeah exactly. When someone isn’t used their momentum should reset to neutral, even for in-ring guys.

If you have a guy with really bad momentum and keep him off tv for a long period of time, that should offset the bad momentum just like it would if they have hot momentum.

Everyone should trend towards neutral, not ice cold.

That would fix all of these issues.

Yea from what I can tell there doesn't seem to be any negative or positive for non wrestlers having good or bad momentum.

The angle they are a part of will get a slight penalty, so it does bother me. I don't think they ever get positive. Would indeed be best to lock their momentum. It clutters the roster screen so you'd have to filter out all non-wrestlers. It's a bit annoying.

The angle they are a part of will get a slight penalty, so it does bother me. I don't think they ever get positive. Would indeed be best to lock their momentum. It clutters the roster screen so you'd have to filter out all non-wrestlers. It's a bit annoying.

Again, I don't think they should lock, they should reset towards neutral if not used on a show in an active role (onscreen in an angle or participating in/interfering in a match).

Because you MAY want to use non-wrestlers in angles or matches, and in that case they should absolutely accrue momentum.

Also, there shouldn't be a different system for wrestlers and non-wrestlers, it should just be that anybody who isn't being used resets towards neutral.

I just want to add my voice to this, it is making the game borderline unplayable for me. I signed Dawn Gemmel as my GM for SWF and set her in a feud with Emma Chase. These are two of the best non-wrestlers in the game. I have them in angles every week that get 85+ and they have good perception in the storyline, but Dawn never goes past cooled and Emma is Ice Cold. The problem is annoying with workers (I had Steven Parker on an 8 match winning streak and he was still cold) but a real issue with non-workers.

It's also aesthetically annoying to look at the road agents, referees and announcers having ice cold momentum when you are on the booking analysis screen - surely they should be neutral?

If there was a way this could be fixed in an upcoming patch, it would make the game much more enjoyable for me.