WCW One Night Stand..........

WCW Nitro Preview [B]Todays Date - Saturday Week 1, 2007. WCW Tuesday Nitro Preview on Spike TV - From WCW.COM[/B] [CENTER][url=http://www.storage4all.com][img]http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/b33d195233.jpg[/img][/url] [B]WCW Tuesday Night Nitro only Live on Spike TV![/B] Catch the first Nitro of 2007 live from the Safeco Field!!!! "HBK" Shawn Michaels is set to make a huge announcement on Tuesday Night that you won't want to miss! See the No.1 Contenders Match for US Title, Goldberg VS "Nature Boy" Ric Flair VS Sting with US Champion Chris Benoit as Special Guest Referee!! Tag Team Champions the Dominant "Untouchables" are in action, and WCW President Eric Bischoff is sure to be in tow! Will WCW Owner Shane McMahon make an address for 2007??? All this and more, only on Spike TV!!![/CENTER]

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont see anything that might make a fan want to tune in to watch WCW week in, week out. The wrestlers seem to be young and not over, but have been pushed into WCW anyway. For example, Mark Copani, Sean O'Haire, Billy Kidman and Mark Jindrak. How is a fan able to respect these wrestlers since they were fired or departed the WWE?

[QUOTE=Doublezero]I dont see anything that might make a fan want to tune in to watch WCW week in, week out. The wrestlers seem to be young and not over, but have been pushed into WCW anyway. For example, Mark Copani, Sean O'Haire, Billy Kidman and Mark Jindrak. How is a fan able to respect these wrestlers since they were fired or departed the WWE?[/QUOTE] have you never seen a WCW show? Kidman, of all people mind, was pushed into the Main Event scene and had a fued with Hulk Hogan, Kidman was seriously over in WCW, and was seen as a stable figure in the Cruserweight division. Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak were both teaming together towards the end of WCW, and had Palumbo not replaced Jindrak when WCW "invaded" WWE, you probably would have been looking at one hell of a tag team pairing. Copani, ok, yeah he is a bit of a youngster that people may not want to see in the main event, let alone as a face, but it seems to be working, the fans love the guy, and if he does become a new sting, then WCW have a fantastic young worker to have at the head of their promotion for many years to come. ------------------------------ Anyways, i think this is a fantastic diary, the characters are well thought out, and you have stopped at nothing in describing the finer details that fans would want to know, like previously mentioned, Copani being pushed as the new Sting.

Double Zero, You would probably have been the sort of guy who digged the WCW Invasion Angle, coz no WCW Superstars were actually in it. The Whole point of this diary is the Brand Split extending to WCW. Hurricanendp, you see exactly what is supposed to be seen! Well done bud!

[QUOTE=The Stallion]Yea, I have to say the whole feel of this is cool. I just have one question. You say Venom is all about Pure wrestling right? Well how the heck did you manage that when the different brands cannot have different styles? Enquiring minds want to know.[/QUOTE] you could always use the ingame editor to alter the Promotions style right before and after the actual card

[QUOTE=The Ego]Double Zero, You would probably have been the sort of guy who digged the WCW Invasion Angle, coz no WCW Superstars were actually in it. The Whole point of this diary is the Brand Split extending to WCW. [/QUOTE] I assume this is 2006, meaning no fan is familar with Harry Smith or CM Punk, yet they are the main event. Are you saying that they are WCW or deserve it? Certainly, the other WCW wrestlers deserve a second chance, however I wonder if fans of the WWE would respect them.

You guys are probably right but he is getting into it and obviously in his game the fake fans are into it or else he would be losing popularity. So let him do his thing. It is an interesting read even if it might not be spot on when it comes to real life. I could see Harry Smith getting the rub from Bret Hart in this situation. It makes sense. Now if the fans buy into it is another story. Copani was a nationwide issue for news reporters and stuff as people got really mad at the Hassan character. So let him do his thing and see how it developes. If he has fun then good. Don't critique him by saying this isn't real.

This is really cool. I actually registered so I could leave a positive comment. I really wish this would actually happen, since I was a huge WCW for years. With today being the ECW relaunch date, I've been a little sad. Don't get me wrong, I liked ECW a lot and still do, but would prefer WCW. This actually cheered me up a little, lol. Nice to see there are some WCW fans still out there despite the many internet slams on the company I seem to run into on an almost daily basis. I like your stuff you've posted here. It's really cool. I've read over some of the other WCW threads on here and I like your stuff the best. I mean that, and have no reaosn to tell you otherwise. Keep up the good work, The Ego.:D

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee]You guys are probably right but he is getting into it and obviously in his game the fake fans are into it or else he would be losing popularity. So let him do his thing. It is an interesting read even if it might not be spot on when it comes to real life. I could see Harry Smith getting the rub from Bret Hart in this situation. It makes sense. Now if the fans buy into it is another story. Copani was a nationwide issue for news reporters and stuff as people got really mad at the Hassan character. So let him do his thing and see how it developes. If he has fun then good. Don't critique him by saying this isn't real.[/QUOTE] 100% agree. The point of the diary is to show a version of the wrestling world through our eyes. Im my diary (cheap plug, New Age Of WWF pt.2), I have the WWF going after guys who actually have talent and pushing a Super Juniors division. I have very big douts that the WWF would have done this, especially back in 93. Look at the diary as an alternate universe that anything can and will happen in.

Stallion, loving your work :-).....Venom is pure wrestling, tick. But the actual company is Cutting Edge, but all i do is just book Pure Matches on Venom with a couple of angles to make the card win the fans. Its just WCWs take on Pure Wrestling. Its not the overall promotion style. Hey Yo, im glad you liked this diary, i am really trying to keep it as close to real life as poss. The fans are diggin the promotion, but we are in a peak for the wrestling world. and when two fan favourites HBK & Mark Copani eventually lock up, summits gotta give!!! Harry Smith started out as an opener, but he is now Main Eventing?! He did have a couple of tag matches with Copani, Goldberg, HBK vs Horsemen etc, so maybe that did it? He has also been involved against Eric Bischoff, so the push may have come from there. Double Zero, yes other WCW talent deserves another shot, but O'Haire, Jindrak & Billy Kidman are top of that list as you can see. Lance Storm is continuing where WCW ended, Mike Awesome is there, Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko, Ric Flair. Its all good.

Hey man its your world, we only get to visit (kind of like George Lucus). However it is always good to listen to the fans (in this case the readers), while keeping trueto your original vision. Love the stuff you are doing and I cant wait untill Shawn and Mark lock up. Mark always had a lot of potential but was held back by that stupid gimmick. Now that he is free of it (in real life) I think he could go all the way to the main event scene, kind of like in your diary.

[CENTER][url=http://www.storage4all.com][img]http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/f6bb717aa7.jpg[/img][/url] [B]WCW Tuesday Nitro Live on Spike TV - Tuesday, Week 1 2007. Live from the Safeco Field.[/B] Nitro hits the air as the pyros fire up towards the top of the titantron and around the Entrance way (like the old school Nitro). “Welcome to the Jungle” by Guns n Roses fills the arena as, The fans cheer WCW, which is live for the first time in 2007. We cut straight to Michael Buffer who’s in the ring. Buffer – “We welcome you tonight to WCW Nitro, Live from the Safeco Field….Happy New Year to you all…..LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMBLE!” The fans go crazy as Buffer drops his trademark line. We cut down to ringside with Tony Schiavone. Tony Schaivone, Gene Okerland & Bobby Heenan are facing the camera. Tony – “Good evening wrestling fans, tonight HBK Shawn Michaels conducts an interview with our very own Mean Gene Okerland, where HBK has a special announcement that is sure to shock the wrestling world!” Gene – “I had the privilege of doing that interview and I can tell you, this will get the fans going! Tonight we will also see on this first Nitro of 2007, a mammoth 3 way match for No.1 contendership of Chris Benoits United States Championship!” Bobby – “Shut up Gene, the main man Dean Malenko will be making another defense of his Cruiserweight Strap against that wimp Billy Kidman & woman Torrie Wilson!” Tony – “Apparently there’s an arrival backstage…….” *************** The Shiny Red Limo pulls up the parking lot, which signals the arrival of “The Masterplan” here tonight. It pulls up and Johnny “The Body” Jeter steps out first and holds the door for Sean O’Haire, Mark Jindrak, Chris Benoit & WCW President Eric Bischoff who steps out smiling away, and he puts his arm over Benoit’s shoulder, showing the world that Benoit is his top guy. All the members of the Masterplan are wearing dark red suits, other than Bischoff who is wearing his usual leather jacket. They all stroll off and walk into the Masterplan Executive Room, where we see a bevy of girls waiting for them….the door closes….. **************** We are back to ringside at the announce table…. Tony – “Know folks we are gonna go this HBK Interview with Mean Gene Okerland and find out what this bombshell will be….” The camera cuts into HBK’s Gym, it is recognisable as the same Gym shown in the HBK warm up before his Iron Man Match with Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 10. We see Mean Gene dressed in his usual dark suit and HBK wearing a vest and shorts. Gene – “Shawn Michaels, The Heartbreak Kid, many thanks for having us come to your private gym for what you have called a titanic bombshell!” HBK – “Lean Gene, Green Gene, Mean Gene, Say that 3 times………” Gene smiles and chuckles away as HBK continues to speak HBK – “As you are well aware, Shawn Michaels left the WWE last year for a new challenge right here in WCW…..and as you are aware, last year I won a WCW Money in The Bank Match….which means I can demand a title shot whenever I like…for whatever I like……. Gene – “That’s right HBK, you beat Lance Storm at War Games…” HBK – “So Mean Gene, im cashing it in….im cashing it in for Nitro, the first Nitro of 2007, and im gonna beat Mark Copani!!” Gene – “WOW! So your gonna challenge Mark Copani for the World Heavyweight Title on Nitro this Tuesday?! Aren’t you two guys friends?!” HBK – “That’s right Gene, Tuesday Night Nitro, Shawn Michaels vs Mark Copani, title on the line…….. The biggest match of the century, WCWs Golden Boy vs The WWE Degenerate, the baddest man on the planet, HBK Shawn Michaels!!! Good friends, better enemies Gene!!” Gene – “What do you think Mark Copani will say Shawn?” HBK – “Its un-important what Mark says, this is my destiny, im the Icon, the Showstoppa, the Main Event….and after Nitro, ill be the World Heavyweight Champ!” The Screen fades out as we cut back to Nitro and the crowd are going nuts at that ground-breaking news. ******************* We are back with our announce team… Gene – “I told you it was good wrestling fans!” Bobby – “Tonight?! They are gonna destroy each other here tonight!” Tony – “My word, what an announcement! HBK Shawn Michaels is cashing in his title shot, and is starting his push to be World Champion! He could have gone for the PPV in 2 weeks time, but NO! He wants Copani tonight!! The Top 2 guys in Wrestling will battle it out tonight with the Title on the line!!! Stay with us!! Up next we have the WCW Tag Team Champions, the Untouchables in action!” ******************** WCW World Tag Team Championship The Untouchables © Vs Jeff Hardy & Perry Saturn Perry Saturn comes to the ring to a nice little pop from the fans here tonight. Jeff Hardy completes this unlikely partnership here tonight, when he appears to the fans delight. Sean O’Haire & Mark Jindrak then make their way out to the ring to their usual theme music and the crowd boo! The Finish – Jeff Hardy goes upto the top to nail Sean O’Haire with a Swanton Bomb, but Jindrak appears from no where to push Hardy off into the ring, O’Haire recovers and nails Hardy with the Seanton bomb for the win!!! The Untouchables make their 21st defense of the World Tag Team Titles. ******************** Backstage, Mark Copani arrives in training gear with his bag over his shoulder, unaware of HBKs announcement earlier……The Miz tries to get a word with him, he mentions HBKs challenge and Copani walks off looking stunned. The Miz then promises to try to get a word with World Champion Copani later tonight. ******************** World Cruiserweight Title Match Dean Malenko © Vs Billy Kidman w/Torrie Wilson Both men enter nice pops, Torrie gets the crowd going aswell. The Finish – Kidman looks set to score with a ddt, but Malenko pulls away and gives Kidman a low blow….the bell rings for a double DQ….this ones far from over… ******************** We now cut to a pre-taped segment with Johnny Jeter where he is recording his new entrance music. It’s a Cover version of Right Said Fred’s “Im too Sexy”. All in all it’s a very camp segment, but very comical! ******************** Non Title Match WCW TV Champion Harry Smith Vs Jeff Jarrett Jarrett gets some serious heel heat and Smith receives a nice pop. The Finish – Jarrett scores, in reality, an easy submission victory and teases the crowd a bit…he then picks up Smith’s Union Jack flag and tears it up! ********************* We see a very risqué dark vignette from Paul Bearer’s “Darkness” Stable involving The Demon Deville, Diablo & Mordecai. We see the Darkness haunting various places and lurking in dark alleys etc. ********************* Number One Contendership for the United States Championship Special Guest Referee – US Champion, Chris Benoit “Nature Boy” Ric Flair vs Goldberg Vs Sting All 3 men & Benoit all get decent heat in their entrances. The Finish – Goldberg looked to score with a Jackhammer, but Sting flipped out of it, Flair was down, Sting turned Goldberg and nailed a DDT. 1, 2, 3! Sting vs Benoit for the US Title!!!! ******************* We cut to the backstage with The Miz, He promised us earlier tonight that an interview with Mark Copani will come our way regarding Shawn Michaels’ challenge tonight…..Copani comes out of his dressing room ready for the match, but just pushes The Miz out the way and down to the ground, Copani looks mean tonight. ******************* We cut to the announce table.. Tony – “Next up fans, we see “Mr Money in The Bank” Shawn Michaels vs “Marvellous” Mark Copani for the World Heavyweight Championship!! HBK is ready to beat Copani for that title tonight, but we haven’t managed to speak to Mark Copani tonight regarding this!” The bell rings……….. ******************** World Heavyweight Title Match – The Money in The Bank Challenge Referee – Charles Robinson “Marvellous” Mark Copani © vs “HBK” Shawn Michaels “HBK” makes his way down to the ring to SEXY BOY as tradition! The fans go wild for HBK as he does his usual routine. Copani’s music a remake of Mr.Perfects WWF theme hits the PA as the crowd go wild, just as for HBK. He has the World Title round his waist, he looks pssed here tonight, and he cant take his eyes off Shawn Michaels. This has got a WMXX feel about it!!! Both men get checked over by Charles Robinson, and he rings the bell. Both men stare each other down. They walk to the middle of the ring and are about to lock up………… ……HALL & NASH!! HALL & NASH!! HALL & NASH!! The Outsiders are here, they’ve come from the crowd!!! What are they doing here?! Both HBK & Copani look on in shock as The Outsiders appear and get into the ring!!! The crowd is wild, some cheering, some booing!!!! Hall runs towards Copani and nails him down as Robinson rings for the bell!!! This isn’t gonna be pretty…… …..WCW fades the screen and puts up a logo……….. “WE APOLOGISE FOR THE CONTENT, WE ARE UNABLE TO BROADCAST AT THIS CURRENT TIME” ….the screen then fades as we see the WCW Logo and music!!!! End of Show!!![/CENTER]

Oh Yeah A c'mon now, you never have sent any criticism over my way. What you think of my WCW dynasty. Im about to read over your whole thread and give you a detailed report of what I think, I ask you do the same for me. Someone has to appreciate the work we put into this.

alright Alright Ill wait a half hour and, well heres what I got so far. First off, I like how certain WWE staff memebers jumped to the WCW as staff memebers, when WCW was created. Very realistic seeing how most, if not all of them were from WCW. Like I said, I finally was able to picture Mark Copani with the character/gimmick you gave him. Now that I see it, I think its awesome. You have proven to me that maybe Copani can overcome the Hassan gimmick. Cant knock it, cuz im still using the Hassan character, I think its a great character as well. I would have rather seen Rey Mysterio just simply jump to WCW with the World Title, instead of dropping it to Flair, who then brought it over. But Flair's okay as champ no matter how old he is, Flair is the face of WCW. Of course bringing back Eric Bischoff is a great idea. I have been tryin to sign him for months in my game, but he wont sign. :mad: You kinda mirrored my Harry Smith .vs. Rene Dupree fued, and brought in your own elements. Plus you were using the WCW tv title and I was using the WWE European title, which was bought by WCW, making it the WCW European Title. I dont think Nick Hogan will ever make it as a wrestler. And hes only like 16. I like how your WCW is slowly pulling away from the WWE. I think Samoa Joe is too good for the Venom roster. Im not to fond of the Venom show, and Id love to see Samoa Joe match up with some of the Nitro main eventers. HBK .vs. Samoa Joe, that'd be tight. All of our ideas are almost exactly alike, I swear we think the same things. ha

Archived