1996: Hostile Takeover BETA Release

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Nickman" data-cite="The Nickman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50407" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ok thanks, gaz. How can I add her to my save game, can I just import her somehow?<p> </p><p> BTW I'm REALLY loving this mod so far, going to post screenshots of my first Raw and Nitro soon!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes importing from the same database into the save should work!</p>

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hvacrepairman" data-cite="hvacrepairman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50407" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Matt Hyson/Spike Dudley missing from data, active wrestler during this time</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll get him added for the next update</p>

Hey gaz, a couple more things while you're doing your next update:

- Dean Malenko really should be Lightweight or he doesn't qualify for either the WCW Cruiserweight OR WWF Light Heavyweight belts, both with he held on multiple occasions (and in fact he was the previous WCW Cruiserweight champ in this very mod)

- The WCW World Heavyweight title has spelling errors in the dates of the last 3 reigns (Ric Flair (4), Randy Savage (2), Ric Flair (5)).

Hey gaz, a couple more things while you're doing your next update:

- Dean Malenko really should be Lightweight or he doesn't qualify for either the WCW Cruiserweight OR WWF Light Heavyweight belts, both with he held on multiple occasions (and in fact he was the previous WCW Cruiserweight champ in this very mod)

- The WCW World Heavyweight title has spelling errors in the dates of the last 3 reigns (Ric Flair (4), Randy Savage (2), Ric Flair (5)).

Cheers bud, I'll fix them now

I ran a War Games match in WCW with Hogan, Hall, Nash, and Syxx vs. Flair, AA, Benoit, and JJ....it got like a 25 due to the fans not liking that type of match. Not sure what should be tweaked, but that match would have been super over in WCW.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BIGJOSH" data-cite="BIGJOSH" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50407" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I ran a War Games match in WCW with Hogan, Hall, Nash, and Syxx vs. Flair, AA, Benoit, and JJ....it got like a 25 due to the fans not liking that type of match. Not sure what should be tweaked, but that match would have been super over in WCW.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did you create the match type yourself? Iv got a WCW save going, just ran War Games and got a 78 with Hogan, Hall, Nash, Tatanka Vs. Sting, Flair, Luger & Savage. Got no mention of disliking the match type.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BIGJOSH" data-cite="BIGJOSH" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50407" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No, used the Cage Wars match in the game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Aghh, that's a more high risk version that features weapons etc like you see in NXT nowadays. Think I created a version that just used cage.</p>

What state is this mod in? Want to play it but don't want to start a long-term save until all that's left are minor patches.

It's in an extremely stable state imo.

You can start a long term game right now with absolutely no noticable issues.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Darkestearth" data-cite="Darkestearth" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50407" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It looks like Prince Iaukea isn't in the data either...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I'm missing him in my WCW save.</p>

<p>So I just started this mod, which has been amazing so far!</p><p> </p><p>

My story goes like this:</p><p> </p><p>

Randy Savage takes the leg drop from Hogan and decides that his time with WCW is over, as he has no interest in being part of Hogan's new game.</p><p> </p><p>

The Macho Man was approached by Paul Heyman and together they're going to do business in ECW, handing Savage the book with Heyman overseeing things as a road agent and owner.</p><p> </p><p>

I just put the title on Savage and we're trying to build ECW as a rival.</p>

Sexton Hardcastle is who you're looking for

Sexton Hardcastle is nowhere to be found, neither is Adam Copland. So it seems that Edge is not available in the current database.

Besides that, I have a bug from January 1, 97. The Main Screen page is no longer taken into account by the skin interface. A blank page appears with the words "Explore The Internet" and "MSN Membership" on the top. I can still read most of the news, but all the news classified in the "Top Stories" does not appear (white on white). I can still access it by clicking randomly on it but impossible to see the titles of the articles.

Several wrestlers do not have pictures either (Dave Batista, Gene Snitsky, James Storm, Matt Bloom, Ron Killings to name a few).

Apart from that the DB is really cool, good job. ;)

Sexton Hardcastle is nowhere to be found, neither is Adam Copland. So it seems that Edge is not available in the current database.

He's definitely in there as Sexton Hardcastle, I have him signed. Do you have the latest version of this mod? He may have been missing from an earlier version.

He's definitely in there as Sexton Hardcastle, I have him signed. Do you have the latest version of this mod? He may have been missing from an earlier version.

I took the mod on TEWDB, which dates from June 7. I'll try to download 1.2 here to see if it changes anything, maybe the problem is there.

EDIT : Indeed the DB on TEWDB is not up to date. Problem solved with update 1.2. Thank you for the information. :)

Is there a time frame for the full pic pack for this? As there are loads of wrestlers without faces, no events or TV pics and a lot of logos missing? Also have the workers that have been commented as missing being put into a new patch? It's been a few days since the modder has answered anything?

Is there a time frame for the full pic pack for this? As there are loads of wrestlers without faces, no events or TV pics and a lot of logos missing? Also have the workers that have been commented as missing being put into a new patch? It's been a few days since the modder has answered anything?

Not got a time frame, i wasn't originally going to release the data until the full pic pack was ready but people couldn't wait and requested the standalone data so i released it separately.