More Scandal Options

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50877" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Considering the news going on lately, any chance of having more scandals relevant to recent incidents, specifically sexism and being a predator.</strong><p> </p><p> And if anyone else has any more ideas feel free to add here.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They are already in the game. I can't simulate past a IWA-WS show without one</p><p> </p><p> The only thing that I wish would be the case...would be more severe consequences with these scandals. Because unless the victims had many in-game relationships with other workers, it never really feels like anything comes out of these scandals</p>

They are already in the game. I can't simulate past a IWA-WS show without one

The only thing that I wish would be the case...would be more severe consequences with these scandals. Because unless the victims had many in-game relationships with other workers, it never really feels like anything comes out of these scandals

I'm specifically referring to starting scandals, those that can be set in the editor before starting a save, I'm currently having to use Racism as an alternative for these predators.

I noticed there was a thread in he mod forum about this, I wouldn't suggest the extremes they did, that's a bit too much, however I could see someone making sexist comments, like "women shouldn't wrestle", a predator scandal may be too real to replicate in game, however maybe a more generic non descript action, like a scandal based on doing "illegal activities" or something around doing negative backstage actions, the severity levels are there for how bad the incidence is.

Personally I do think the scandals need a tidy up, made a bit more generic and expanded, however I would not want specifically detailed incidents included.

Maybe a way to link scandals to incidents, so when someone gets a news story where they go to jail, it generates a scandal along side that lasts longer than the jail time.

This is probably covered by the databases themselves, I'd be into a Scandal Frequency option, like there is with relationships and injuries. So I can have a scummy world where random/unexpected characters are revealed to have been scumbags all along. Much like sometimes I want a world with lots of injuries to shake things up.

EDIT: Actually, is this what "Randomness Frequency" is?

I posted it in the wrong forum being tired. I was sickened by it. Evidently nobody wants to use it from an editor standpoint.

I would actually agree, if I saw an incident regarding rape show up in game I'd just not want to play the game again, it's about finding a balance having an option that could cover such an incident while not being specific.

I would actually agree, if I saw an incident regarding rape show up in game I'd just not want to play the game again, it's about finding a balance having an option that could cover such an incident while not being specific.

The closest I've come on my database I've been working on is marking it racism and devastating. That's what I'm going to do once the dust settles and everyone currently is released, fired, blacklisted, etc.

From your standpoint, I'd say the debate becomes should they have a personality trait for this activity?

The closest I've come on my database I've been working on is marking it racism and devastating. That's what I'm going to do once the dust settles and everyone currently is released, fired, blacklisted, etc.

From your standpoint, I'd say the debate becomes should they have a personality trait for this activity?

Yeah that's what I've done, the only other closest option would be a sex tape and that just seems in bad taste.

I do like the personality trait idea, or for the TEW context a personality attribute, maye something like "Uncomfortable", where if you have someone with this attribute on your roster it can tank the backstage rating.

Yeah. This is ground that if it's to be tread at all has to be tread very lightly. Like, for example, the Hollywood Mogul/Movie Studio series by Carey DeVuono not only has it where talent can die but that can entail things like committing suicide or suffering from cancer. But to keep things from being too heavy, those matters aren't dwelt on. You just have a newspaper headline. "Alex Miles Dead! Cancer claims actor" or "Carley Gray Dies. Troubled young actress takes own life." Just enough to know it happened and be realistic without being overly morbid. I don't think I'd play either if there were things in the game like Chris Champion/Buck Zumhofe style molestation events with detail.

I suggest:

- XWorker took a very controversial political stance publicly (can add or subtract popularity).

- XWorker's dirty laundry from a past relationship with a non-wrestling personality was exposed. The fans have been supportive (add popularity). The fans has turned their back (subtract popularity).

I think an issue with softening up or abstracting scandals is that it takes away the seriousness of the situations. It makes them easy to sweep aside and ignore, which sort of defeats the purpose of them.

I've seen the "bullied a 12 year old on social media" event a few times. Is that a scandal? I've never taken it seriously or changed anything I'm doing. Partly because I don't believe in social media, and partly because it's goofy and silly and who cares.

I don't know a 'right' way to do it. Keeping it serious without it being harsh. Having the emotional response... without the emotional response? Maybe the idea is just that the scandal puts a black mark on the worker, yet the player is a passive observer, worried about the ones and zeroes and the bottom line. Then the text won't matter.

Problem with really scandalous things in-game is when somebody sees a screenshot of them being an abuser and next thing Ryland has got the lawyers on the line. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet given some of the stuff workers can get in trouble for in TEW.

I remember in an ancient version of Championship Manager there was an edit you could do that would add scandals to game, but they would never trigger for 'real' players, only regens. Could be a way to do it in TEW - also promote user of the CVerse as somewhere you can get the full sleaze experience.

The problem comes in that even with regens there will be vitriol. Adam Ryland had announced a feature where regens could come out as homosexual, which is how football manager does it if I recall, and...well yeah I read the forum and the reddit threads, he rolled it back not long after because of it. I read someone ranting about how he wouldn't want to be pushing someone only for them to come out and that was one of the milder ones. Make it something more controversial and it probably doesn't go well.

Problem with really scandalous things in-game is when somebody sees a screenshot of them being an abuser and next thing Ryland has got the lawyers on the line. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet given some of the stuff workers can get in trouble for in TEW.

I remember in an ancient version of Championship Manager there was an edit you could do that would add scandals to game, but they would never trigger for 'real' players, only regens. Could be a way to do it in TEW - also promote user of the CVerse as somewhere you can get the full sleaze experience.

That's not what I'm suggesting through, firstly I'm suggesting an option for sexism which is the only logical option not covered, the other is a catch option term that can cover multiple options and uses the severity level to base on how bad the incident is without being specific.

I’m sure nobody wants to see that along with racism or whatever is in games. Adam doesn’t have real names in his game so it’s a player editing and I’m sure it would not hold up in the court of law

I’m all for realism and sexual scandals does seem to be a topic over the years. I saw one suggestion of sexual predator or rape. You don’t need to be that graphic.

I’m sure nobody wants to see their name linked with death from a car crash or any death, or family members of the already deceased. If you want to have a realistic game you’ve got to make it realistic as you can

Some people don’t like seeing Chris Benoit in mods or dynasty’s but I don’t get what the issue is.

Someone mentioned football manager a while ago. They use real names it’s completely different

I think you're misremembering - the scandals would by default only happen to regens, but with the ARSE command they would happen to all players including the default real ones.

That protected SI, as it was the user's action which allowed such things to happen.

It wouldn't be an issue here as the game doesn't come with real workers; any scandal that real workers were linked to would be attributable to the user-made mod rather than the game.

Having said that, I'd prefer not to have particularly on-the-nose scandals in the game. It'd be nice to have some escape from that.

• 4 weeks later...

TEW 2020 is a great game because it lets us control a lot of what is reality around the world of wrestling

adding more scandals (especially for what has happen recently) will be great

pro-****, sex tape, racism is already in the game so I don't understand why people would feel "sexual assault" or "sexual misconduct" would be crossing the line

I mean.... you can literally ask your workers to take steriods and you can hire a dirty doctor so how would those two scandals be any different far as boundaries are concerned

someone could also see a screen shot of them being a former steroid user, so it's no different really.. and ryan doesn't create real world mods so I'm sure he will be fine

someone could also see a screen shot of them being a former steroid user, so it's no different really.. and ryan doesn't create real world mods so I'm sure he will be fine

There is a difference of being accused of being a steroid user and being accused of being a rapist...