Totally Radical Beach Wrestling [C-Verse 2020]

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: God of War vs Surfer Dude Lucas

Surfer Dude is your dude, dude.

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: Michel Bernard vs Wes Schnorfesst

If my predictions pan out, this is a very face win heavy card anyway plus Bernard has been one of the MVPs of the recent shows it feels like.

Queensland Tag Tournament Semi Final: Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman vs D-Pod & Jesse Tasman

Queensland Tag Tournament Semi Final: S&M Connection vs The Bat Men

Queensland Tag Tournament Final: D-Pod & Jesse Tasman vs S&M Connection

I think D-Pod and Jesse might take it here getting a win over the big heel team, but I am also leaning this way just because the S&M Connection really stank up the joint in their debut.

Craig Phoenix vs Moonchild

Moonchild feels like he has more potential going forward.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucas

GoW is here to put over faces in the big matches

Michel Bernard

This iss more because I think there's a place for a Wes/Moonchild tag team and getting the belt off of Wes and putting it on the just as reliable Bernard allows Wes to do that.

Rigsby & Tallman

With all these lads being connected to the main event match, I can see GoW getting involved to give the heels the win. Allowing Tasman to feud with Tallman and Rigsby and Pod to feud with GoW.

The Bat Men

I just feel there's more about them then S&M. I don't particularly like S&M either so I go with my preference here.

Rigsby and Tallman

This opens the door for Tasman to find a partner and go after the belts when the team that screwed his team win them outright. Plus, reward your originals instead of the blow ins.

Moonchild

This is just a momentum getter for Moonchild as Phoenix jobs

Looking forward to seeing the updated perf averages of the lads seems you said you'd revisit it after June. No doubt in my mind Lucas continues to be the best worker in the company but interested to see who's improved who's fallen, what is Bernard and The Bat Men scoring. Also interested in what's next for the company post Brisbane Bash, new blood, reward currant workers with pay upgrades, move into another territory with a new show. I'm so ready for more of this.

<p><strong>The Brisbane Bash (Saturday Week 4 June 2020) Streets Beach, Brisbane</strong></p><p><strong>

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: </strong>God of War vs <strong>Surfer Dude Lucas</strong></p><p> </p><p>

God of War is going to serve his purpose and put over the Champ during the biggest show of the year. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: Michel Bernard</strong> vs Wes Schnorfesst</p><p> </p><p>

Michel Bernard is talent. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Queensland Tag Tournament Semi Final:</strong> Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman vs <strong>D-Pod & Jesse Tasman</strong></p><p> </p><p>

I thought D-Pod was a heel and Lucketti was the face this entire time lol. I would prefer Tallman to win as I want to see him with a title but S&M are going to the finals and it doesnt make sense to heel v heel. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Queensland Tag Tournament Semi Final: S&M Connection </strong>vs The Bat Men</p><p> </p><p>

S&M are the better more established team. I love the Bat Men and wouod have liked to see them make the finals. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Queensland Tag Tournament Final: ??????????</strong> vs ???????????</p><p> </p><p>

D-Pod and Tasman win here after the doubts of S&M. </p><p> </p><p>

Craig Phoenix vs <strong>Moonchild</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The Warbird is great but Moonchild has a tag-team partner.</p>

<p>Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: God of War vs <strong>Surfer Dude Lucas</strong></p><p>

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: Michel Bernard vs <strong>Wes Schnorfesst</strong></p><p>

Queensland Tag Tournament Semi Final: Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman vs <strong>D-Pod & Jesse Tasman</strong></p><p>

Queensland Tag Tournament Semi Final: <strong>S&M Connection</strong> vs The Bat Men</p><p>

Queensland Tag Tournament Final: D-Pod & Jesse Tasman vs <strong>S&M Connection</strong></p><p>

Craig Phoenix vs <strong>Moonchild</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p>

cZqJQZb.jpg

Saturday Week 4 June 2020

Streets Beach, Brisbane

118 in attendance ($944 gate)

CMh56Ju.jpg

DALE YOUNG

Hello Brisbane. We have a wonderful show for you tonight.

Not only have we brought the Heavyweight Champion of

the Gold Coast here to defend his title, not only have we

brought the Bubbleweight Champion of the Sunshine Coast

here to defend his title, but we will also be crowning the first

ever Queensland Tag Team Champions in an extraordinary

four team tournament. Without any further ado, who's

ready for some BEACH Wrestling???

CRAIG PHOENIX VS MOONCHILD

05g3Vgy.jpgfTZb65K.jpgNkwDLkM.jpg

Moonchild teaches the Brisbane crowd about peace and love and armbars, until Phoenix scorches him with a rising uppercut! Craig matches the hippy for height and reach, but not for power, and Moonchild lets his freak flag fly with groovy body slams and far out flying clotheslines! Summer of 69 (2nd Rope legdrop)! 1... 2... 3!

MOONCHILD WINS (9:46)

QUEENSLAND TOURNAMENT SEMI FINAL

Smasher & Mauler /w Taniko Jo

THE S&M CONNECTION

iJAC06d.jpgZv7vihD.jpgFmlCybz.jpgfTZb65K.jpgcvbwRmq.jpg2LvFoCv.jpg

THE BAT MEN

Syrus & Slugger

The Bat Men swing for the fences from the opening pitch, brawling into the outfield, but S&M take pleasure from the pain and are eager to please their mistress. Syrus gets tied up for a while in the dungeon of deviance, but refuses to submit to Taniko's will and soon Slugger's back up to bat, hitting home runs and socking dingers! Baseball Slide! Bunt! One Strike! Two Strikes! Th- No! Taniko interrupts the pitch and a distracted Slugger gets Smashed! Running Powerslam! Smash Hammer (Elbow Drop)! 1... 2... 3.

THE S&M CONNECTION ADVANCE (9:59)

QUEENSLAND TOURNAMENT SEMI FINAL

PAT RIGSBY & TREY TALLMAN VS JESSE TASMAN & D-POD

3hhCaGF.jpgRDnNCTW.jpgfTZb65K.jpgPdA30w3.jpgBTJINuN.jpg

Jesse attacks with bubbly enthusiasm and D-Pod amazes with his arsenal of acrobatics, but Tallman extinguishes D's momentum with fireman's carry takeovers. Trey grinds the much smaller man into the mat as Rigsby bludgeons the neck, looking for his patented Stuff Piledriver, until D-Pod counters with a huracarana and slips and slides and makes the tag! Jabs! Chops! Rolling Waves Suplexes! The villains try to double team but Rigsby accidentally knocks his partner out of the ring! Jesse locks in a Surfboard! D-Pod Moonsault! 1... 2... 3!

JESSE TASMAN & D-POD ADVANCE (14:32)

SUNSHINE COAST BUBBLEWEIGHT TITLE

nCEg6tD.jpg

MICHEL BERNARD VS WES SCHNORFESST ©

BhM88qf.jpgfTZb65K.jpggHjysUt.jpg

Schnorfesst counters the fancy Frenchman's submission artistry with smooth and sleek German efficiency, until Bernard feigns surrender and snaps Wes' arm over the ropes! The challenger attacks the arm sans pitié, but Wes has some tricks up his sleeve. Frankensteiner! German Suplex! Another! He tries to chain together more, but his arm is too weak. Cross Armlock! Bernard twists and wrenches. Wes tries to get to the ropes... but taps!

MICHEL BERNARD WINS. NEW CHAMPION (15:35)

QUEENSLAND TAG TEAM TITLES

CLq00ok.jpgCLq00ok.jpg

THE S&M CONNECTION

iJAC06d.jpgZv7vihD.jpgFmlCybz.jpgfTZb65K.jpgPdA30w3.jpgBTJINuN.jpg

JESSE TASMAN & D-POD

Benefiting from a longer rest between matches, S&M overpower both of their opponents, but it's Jesse that Taniko Jo wants to see tied up in the dungeon of deviance. Smasher & Mauler are eager to please their mistress, but Jesse won't submit. Jabs! Chops! He tags in D-Pod! Dropkicks! Bulldog! Seated Neck Plant! Mauler catches D's moonsault, but Jesse saves his partner from a Running Powerslam. Rolling Waves Suplexes! He locks in the Surfboard! D-Pod climbs up top... but Taniko Jo grabs his ankle. Referee Glen Lee gives her a warning, but behind his back Jesse gets hit with the Smash Hammer (Elbow Drop) and D-Pod gets shoved off the top rope onto the sands! Running Powerslam! 1... 2... 3!

THE S&M CONNECTION WIN. NEW CHAMPIONS (11:44)

GOLD COAST HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

RuAFRXy.jpg

GOD OF WAR VS SURFER DUDE LUCAS ©

VwDKPZ8.jpgfTZb65K.jpg1Ikl4yi.jpg

God of War doesn't get the hero's welcome he was hoping for, and he is furious. Lucas out-wrestles, out-strikes and even out-muscles the big man, which the War God entirely blames on the children in attendance. He flees outside, stumbling through sandcastles as Lucas unloads, until he throws a handful of sand into the Surfer Dude's eyes! Lucas is blind and God of War is finally able to overpower the Champion with big slams and a full nelson. Lucas may not have all of his usual Little Dudes to cheer him on, but he's made some new ones, and he can't let them down. Beach Breakers! Ankle Biters! He wipes the War God out with a gnarly dropkick and dives out of the ring onto him! God of War grabs another handful of sand, but it's kicked into his own face! He's blind! Spinning Angled Slam! 1... 2... 3!

SURFER DUDE LUCAS WINS (15:07)

GOD OF WAR

That's not fair... You-You-You cheated! I want a rematch! I'll get

you next time!

SURFER DUDE LUCAS

I can't wait to see you try, paddlepuss. Surf's always good on the Gold

Coast, come find me there. We're there every month. Or try following

me up and down the Sunshine Coast. Or maybe you wanna wait until

we're back here in Brisbane. What did you call it? Your 'home turf'?

Doesn't seem like they like you here all that much, brah. Seems like a

lot of my Little Dudes in the crowd. You wanna wait until we're back in

Brisbane? You won't have to wait long. Totally Radical BEACH Wrestling

had such a great time here tonight, and we've loved this crowd so

much, that's we're coming back. Last Saturday in December. We're

calling it the River City Rumble. I'm gonna be there! Are my Little

Dudes gonna be there? Are you gonna be there, War God?

GOD OF WAR

I- I- I would be... but I might have a haircut that day...

Shut up, you little punks! I'll get you one day, Lucas!

If it's the last thing I do!

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="80%" align="left" valign="center">Welcome to the Show

Craig Phoenix vs Moonchild

S&M Connection vs The Bat Men

Rigsby & Tallman vs D-Pod & Jesse

Michel Bernard vs Wes Schnorfesst

S&M Connection vs D-Pod & Jesse

God of War vs Surfer Dude Lucas

Surfer Dude Lucas Plugs

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast</td><td width="20%" align="left" valign="center">22 / E-

29 / E

29 / E

36 / D-

38 / D-

35 / E+

44 / D

59 / C-

44 / D</td></tr></table>

+ $944 Ticket Sales

+ $118 Merchandise

- $937 Production

- $880 Workers

$1,159 LOSS

Our best show so far (previously 41 was the record) which does surprise me a little. God of War vs Surfer Dude is a solid headliner, but nothing exceptional. I think the strong undercard helped. I didn't book any stinkers on this one. Even the opener. I chose Phoenix over Lucketti and Davey because he's solid and experienced. And S&M certainly picked up their game. Which is good, because I came REALLY close to changing the finish and rewriting the next 6 months after their dreadful debut.

I need a better MC.

With this show we are now at Tiny. Which I think means that wrestling media acknowledges our existence and we've set up a facebook? We can get into Regional Battles if someone tries to run Queensland, or if I move into New South Wales. There has actually been 'competition' of sorts. Someone ran a show in Brisbane at the beginning of the month, drawing 550 people (!!!!). 10 matches. Several tags. Monday next. Wasteful. The Buchanans and Ice Ice Davey hustled their way onto the card, so I can't be too mad.

LBMUitN.jpg

Q2 PERFORMANCES

<table width="60%"><tr><td width="10%" align="center" valign="center">1

20</td><td width="25%" align="right" valign="center">Surfer Dude Lucas

D-Pod

Wes Schnorfesst

Jesse Tasman

Trey Tallman

Pat Rigsby

Moonchild

Slugger

Craig Phoenix

Dee Lucketti

Michel Bernard

God of War

Syrus

Ice Ice Davey

Mauler

Flip Buchanan

Toby Tough

Two-Face Tucker

Smasher

Bounce Buchanan</td><td width="15%" align="right" valign="center">45.9

19.0</td><td width="28%" align="right" valign="center">Big Up from 39.5

Up from 29.0

Slight Up from 31.2

Up from 29.3

Up from 27.3

Up from 25.8

No Change

New Entry

Slight Up from 27.0

Up from 24.2

New Entry

Up from 23.6

New Entry

Up from 22.0

New Entry

New Entry

Up from 18.7

Slight Up from 21.4

New Entry

New Entry</td><td width="22%" align="right" valign="center">Hot

Very Warm

Very Warm

Cooled

Very Warm

Warm

Chilly

Very Warm

Chilly

Chilly

Very Warm

Very Warm

Very Warm

Chilly

Warm

Chilly

Chilly

Cold

Warm

Chilly</td></tr></table>

Surfer Dude Lucas is streaking ahead, no doubt thanks to his strong push. Pleased to see a couple of heels making headway. Not just Tallman & Rigsby, but Dee has found his stride and God of War is doing well despite constant stamina issues. Biggest New Entry was Slugger, hitting the crowd running in tag contests, but he's nowhere near as good as a single. My favorite hot tag in the company.

LBMUitN.jpg

JUNE FINANCES

<table width="60%"><tr><td width="60%" align="left" valign="center">Wrestling on the Gold Coast

Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast

The Brisbane Bash

General Running Costs

Sponsorships

Mail Order Merchandise

June Profit/Loss

Tax</td><td width="40%" align="right" valign="center">$ 1,146 LOSS

$ 355 LOSS

$ 1,159 LOSS

$ 504 LOSS

$ 3,833 GAIN

$ 100 GAIN

$ 769 PROFIT

$ 38 TAX</td></tr></table>

I really expected a loss this month, but the wrestling business is clearly a gold mine. Dale Young put a shift in promoting three shows, so it's only fair he gets aptly rewarded with a $731 salary (Remaining Bank Balance $2,500). I fully expect him to be able to quit his day job (approx $2k/month) by the end of the year.

Starting this month, all in-ring talent will be paid $50 per show. This puts them in line with my two referees, but still behind my road agent; Original Lone Rider. I'd like to stick to this wage for a long time, but we are making serious bank right now, and I don't see the growth slowing down. So who knows? Eventually I'll hit a point where I'll need to prioritize big money guest stars over a malleable roster, but it's not this day. In exchange the pay rise, I'm expecting the workers to do a bit more travelling, as we're adding 4 extra shows to the second half of the year with a bit more travelling.

<table width="70%"><tr><td width="34%" align="left" valign="center">Saturday Week 4 September

Saturday Week 4 October

Saturday Week 4 November

Saturday Week 4 December</td><td width="33%" align="left" valign="center">SugarBrawl

Halloween Hervey

Inland Stampde

The River City Rumble</td><td width="33%" align="left" valign="center">Bargara Beach (4hr drive)

Hervey Bay (3hr drive)

Toowoowomba (90min drive)

Streets Beach (local)</td></tr></table>

I'm not planning big write-ups for the first three. They are simple spots shows with a little bit of a gimmick to them. I might even make them "Lesser" events. The River City Rumble, like the Brisbane Bash, will get the full treatment to close out the year.

LBMUitN.jpg

JULY CARDS

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 July 2020) Mermaid Beach

Queensland Tag Team Titles: D-Pod & Jesse Tasman vs The S&M Connection ©

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: Dee Lucketti vs Surfer Dude Lucas

Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman vs The Bat Men

God of War vs Moonchild

Craig Phoenix vs Wes Schnorfesst

Ice Ice Davey vs Toby Tough

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 July 2020) Coolum Beach

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: Wes Schorfesst vs Michel Bernard ©

Pat Rigsby vs Moonchild

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 July 2020) Mermaid Beach</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Queensland Tag Team Titles: D-Pod & Jesse Tasman vs <strong>The S&M Connection ©</strong></p><p>

<em>The champs won't just lose the rematch straight away.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: Dee Lucketti vs <strong>Surfer Dude Lucas</strong></p><p>

<em>There's no way that you're in a position to crown an Ace, but if you were it would be Lucas.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman</strong> vs The Bat Men</p><p>

<em>As you look to develop your Heels, these guys are strong prospects.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>God of War</strong> vs Moonchild</p><p>

<em>Moonchild is good, but God of War is big and still producing.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Craig Phoenix vs <strong>Wes Schnorfesst</strong></p><p>

<em>The former champ could potentially go through a turn and become a challenger to Lucas.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Ice Ice Davey vs <strong>Toby Tough</strong></p><p>

<em>Coin flip.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 July 2020) Coolum Beach</p><p> </p><p>

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: Wes Schorfesst vs <strong>Michel Bernard ©</strong></p><p>

<em>Michel can get a nice long run to build up his stock.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Pat Rigsby</strong> vs Moonchild</p><p>

<em>Pat could also potentially be a challenger to Lucas. Let's give him a shot.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Also, I love seeing the underdogs rising. I'd see the shift to Tiny as proof that you're not running a fly-by-night operation here that's going to collapse at the first sign of hardship. TRBW could actually go somewhere. It warms my heart to see the incremental progress, people's pay rising, the shows spreading up and down the coast. I love it.</p>

S&M

Little shocked to see them win the title but they won't drop it here

Lucas

Lucketti is not even a level or two below Lucas not to mind on the same level.

Rigsby & Tallman

Like the pairing, feel they can be solid tag team heels for you

God of War

Weird to see GoW so soon after his loss, but he seems ready for another run at Lucas, if that actually happens we'll see

Wes

Losing the belt opens up Wes to losing a little, though not to Phoenix, though he's been solid for you perf wise

Davey

He's been a better performer and there's a semblance of character there that you could expand on, plus heel side is still a little weaker

Bernard

Rigsby

Generally feel that Lucas is unstoppable right now and nobody on the heel side comes close and even the other faces are lagging behind. Not sure this is Lucas just getting over or just being an actually superb talent (at this level). I remember saying Bernard was a good performer but he's not been all that amazing but when Phoenix, Tasman and Moonchild all out-perform you there's something up. Feel it might be a popularity thing though.

God of War vs Moonchild

Pat Rigsby vs Moonchild

I had been sleeping on this so far but finally managed to catch up and happy that I did, since this is great diary and I´m really loving the roster insight you provide after shows.

They just won the belts so they won´t drop them here. That said, I do assume they need to better if they want to keep the belt on the long run as 15th and 19th best performances aren´t were champs should be in 20 man roster.

Don´t see Lucketti being the next champ... actually, I´m not sure who that would eventually be but I do figure you still have some time figure that out before Lucas drops the belt

This is a tough one as Rigsby and Tallman are your best performing heels but Bat Men could use the win to give them reason to challenge for tag belts. In the end, I put top heels over potential tag title shot but I could see this one going the other way.

God of War vs Moonchild

I guess GoW still has business to settle with Lucas.

Bounce back win for Wes after dropping his belt

Thinking that Davey has slightly more going on.

Bernard just won the belt so he ain´t giving it back

Pat Rigsby vs Moonchild

Rigsby looks to be higher on pecking order.

Generally feel that Lucas is unstoppable right now and nobody on the heel side comes close and even the other faces are lagging behind. Not sure this is Lucas just getting over or just being an actually superb talent (at this level). I remember saying Bernard was a good performer but he's not been all that amazing but when Phoenix, Tasman and Moonchild all out-perform you there's something up. Feel it might be a popularity thing though.

Popularity is definitely a factor. A lot of the improvements come down to the crowd growing more familiar with these guys. God of War is in Time Decline, so it's not like his stats are improving, but his performances are. The teenagers (Dee, Toby, Ice) all performed terribly at first, but since gaining 10+ points of popularity they're doing varying-degrees-of-better. Schnorfesst is solid, but the Bubbleweight push surely made him sing. I'm sure Bernard got stung by this in his first few matches. His debut against Flip had a dreadful reaction from the crowd. It's not like my fans reject unknowns, but they appreciate familiarity.

This being said, Surfer Dude was the best from Day One, even out-performing guys more popular than him. He's not the best at everything (D-Pod's a better talker, Jesse's more charismatic, Rigsby's psychology) but no one fits the "heroic wrestling champion" role better. A good-looking, muscular guy with a big gold belt that looks like a star to any crowd, and can deliver the exciting match to send the fans home happy. It's not just stats and popularity. I don't have anyone else who can do all of that.

I had been sleeping on this so far but finally managed to catch up and happy that I did, since this is great diary and I´m really loving the roster insight you provide after shows.

Buckle up. I might have some weird roster-deep-dives coming.

The champs dont lose after judt winning.

Lucketti has a stupid haircut. Lucas is the best in the company.

Give me Trey Tallmans future title reign. Even if jt is in a tag-team.

God of War vs Moonchild

Just to keep his momentum steady. I dont think he puts over Moonchild.

Former champ needs a bounce back match.

Pat Rigsby vs Moonchild

pxLeeMJ.jpg

Saturday Week 2 July 2020

Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast, Queensland

135 in attendance ($810 gate)

CMh56Ju.jpg

DALE YOUNG

Welcome to another action packed day of Beach Wrestling!

Two week ago we were in Brsibane where we crowned the

first ever Queensland Tag Team Champions, and-

ZCrYiA6.jpgiJAC06d.jpgN9lm9tI.jpg

TANIKO JO makes her way onto the beach, flanked by SMASHER and MAULER, both Queensland Tag Team Title belts around her waist.

TANIKO JO

When I want something, I get it. It's not complicated. I told my men I

wanted the Queensland Tag Team Titles, and so they went to Brisbane

and got them for me. They are highly skilled, highly motivated, and

eager to please. D-Pod and Jesse Tasman want to take my prizes from

me, but they need to learn that man's true place in this world is at my

feet, fulfilling my every desire. And I have a lot of desires. I'm taking

over this beach, and there isn't a man out there that can stop me.

GOD OF WAR VS MOONCHILD

VwDKPZ8.jpgfTZb65K.jpgNkwDLkM.jpg

Moonchild tries to cheer his opponent up with peace and love and armbars, but God of War is beyond furious. He overpowers Moonchild with big slams and a full nelson, until the hippy lets his lets his freak flag fly with groovy punches and far out flying clotheslines. God of War catches a crossbody, but gets distracted yelling at the fans. Moonchild wriggles free! Roll up! 1... 2... 3!

MOONCHILD WINS (9:44)

God of War is furious and Moonchild can't believe his luck, jumping for joy at the upset victory.

ICE ICE DAVEY VS TOBY TOUGH

q2237qn.jpgfTZb65K.jpgj9EPxLJ.jpg

Davey delivers a cold-hearted beat-down from the opening bell. Tough fights from underneath with punches and kicks but is sent flying with a Cold Shoulder! Icey Blast (Hot Shot)! 1... 2... 3.

ICE ICE DAVEY WINS (8:22)

PAT RIGSBY & TREY TALLMAN VS THE BAT MEN (Syrus & Slugger)

3hhCaGF.jpgRDnNCTW.jpgfTZb65K.jpgcvbwRmq.jpg2LvFoCv.jpg

The Bat Men swing for the fences from the opening pitch, taking the fight into the outfield for a trip around the bases, until Tallman extinguishes Syrus' momentum with a series of fireman carry takeovers and grinds him into the mat. Rigsby can't hit his patented Stuff Piledriver and soon Slugger's back up to bat, hitting home runs and socking dingers! Baseball Slide! Rigsby tries to bludgeon but runs right a Bunt from Syrus! Three Strikes! Rigsby's Out, but Tallman sneaks up behind Slugger and locks him in a Complex Cradle. 1... 2... 3!

RIGSBY & TALLMAN WIN (16:17)

CRAIG PHOENIX VS WES SCHNORFESST

05g3Vgy.jpgfTZb65K.jpggHjysUt.jpg

Schnorfesst controls his 6'3 opponent with smooth and sleek German efficiency, until the Warbird uses his immense reach advantage to deliver looping punches and big boots. Wes won't be undone. Frankensteiner! Repeated German Suplexes! Schnorfesst Bomb (Spinning Back Suplex Bomb)! 1... 2... 3!

WES SCHNORFESST WINS (13:19)

CASgiD8.jpgLxKYgh8.jpg

D-POD

Are you ready to hear the D-Vine voice of the one-and-only

D-Lectable D-Pod? Nutritious and D-Licious. To0 fly to D-Ny and

keen to supply the whole of Queensland with the tag team

champions of their heart D-Sires. Jesse and I were D-Frauded

at the Brisbane Bash. Those tag team titles would have been

ours, if not for the intervention of that villainous villainess;

D-Plorable and D-Praved, Taniko Jo. You want a war, Jo? Ask

and you shall receive. I aim to please!

JESSE TASMAN

Cheaters never prosper, dudes.

QUEENSLAND TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

CLq00ok.jpgCLq00ok.jpg

D-POD & JESSE TASMAN

BTJINuN.jpgPdA30w3.jpgfTZb65K.jpgZv7vihD.jpgFmlCybz.jpgiJAC06d.jpg

THE S&M CONNECTION ©

D-Pod immediately dives over the ropes and wipes out S&M before they can get get to the ring! Jesse wades in and the fight is on, all four men wildly brawling all over the beach. Vastly undersized, D-Pod is overpowered and squashed with a Running Powerslam on the sands! Jesse's such a chill dude that fighting alone doesn't concern him. Jabs! Chops! Rolling Waves Suplexes! He hits a Wave Rider (Tornado Bulldog) on Mauler, but Smasher breaks up the pin. Smash Hammer (Elbow Drop)! 1... 2... D-Pod makes it back just in time to make the save. Jesse locks in a Surfboard. D-Pod climbs up top. Taniko Jo tries to interfere, but Referee Wels Famer restrains her. D-Pod flies with a Moonsault... and is caught in midair by Mauler! Running Powerslam on top of everyone! Smash Hammer! 1... 2... 3.

THE S&M CONNECTION WIN (9:33)

6BU35Fq.jpg

DEE LUCKETTI

I knew D-Pod couldn't do it! You wanna know

why? Because he's a loser. I kicked his ass last

month, all by myself, and proved that I'm the

biggest Dee in Beach Wrestling. I'm the sexiest

stud on the Gold Coast. And tonight I'm going

to become your Heavyweight Champion!

GOLD COAST HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

RuAFRXy.jpg

DEE LUCKETTI VS SURFER DUDE LUCAS

91ctn2h.jpgfTZb65K.jpg1Ikl4yi.jpg

Emboldened by his recent victory, Cocky Dee smugly tries to beat the Champion at his own game, but is out-wrestled, out-struck, and out-muscled. Escaping a Spinning Angled Slam, Dee flees, using his excellent agility to avoid Lucas and turn the tables with springboards, before recklessly using his own body as a weapon. Lucas actually struggles to keep up with the high flying... but catches a break when Dee gets cocky, poses too long before a shooting star, and crashes and burns when Lucas moves. Beach Breakers! Ankle Biters! Dee takes to the skies but Lucas wipes him out with a gnarly dropkick! Spinning Angled Slam! 1... 2... 3!

SURFER DUDE LUCAS WINS (14:40)

Surfer Dude celebrates with his Little Dudes, holding the Gold Coast Heavyweight title belt aloft, when-

TANIKO JO

Smasher. That belt. I want it.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="80%" align="left" valign="center">Welcome to the Taniko Jo Show

God of War vs Moonchild

Rigsby & Tallman vs The Bat Men

D-Pod & Jesse Promo

D-Pod & Jesse vs S&M Connection

Dee Lucketti Promo

Dee Lucketti vs Surfer Dude Lucas

Confrontation

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast</td><td width="20%" align="left" valign="center">27 / E

26 / E

21 / E-

36 / D-

30 / E+

47 / D

34 / E+

40 / D-

40 / D-

33 / E+

38 / D-</td></tr></table>

+ $810 Ticket Sales

+ $135 Merchandise

- $1,890 Production

- $1,220 Workers

$2,165 LOSS

Permits. I forgot about the permits.

Now that we're no longer Insignificant, we can't just fly under the radar and set up wrestling rings on the beach. Councils and local authorities are paying attention, expecting permits and liability insurance and health & safety precautions. They want money, the vultures. Our General Show costs rose from $350 to $1250 overnight, effectively doubling my Production costs. I'm not saying I regret giving the boys a pay rise, but the timing wasn't great. Momentum and prestige increases from hitting Tiny have helped the attendance, so I guess some of the Brisbane crowd got hooked and made the trip.

It was a solid show. Dee Lucketti hasn't been built to be a real challenger, so probably shouldn't have been on last, but I knew Lucas would lead him to the match of the night. Both got pats on the back. Meanwhile, in the requisite clunker, Tough vs Davey was always going to suck. Two inexperienced teenagers punching and kicking... and they don't click. Davey's in a tricky situation. He's pretty good, but has few experienced babyfaces to work with, and fewer to beat. I made him shave. The beard makes him look older, but I want to embrace the fact he's only 19.

Craig Phoenix isn't happy with how he's being booked. I don't like his physique, but he's slightly too good to completely write off so soon. Might need to appease him somehow.

A lot of predictions that God of War/Surfer Dude Lucas was going to continue, and I can see that, based on the promo Lucas cut at the Bash. That wasn't the intent of the promo, however. I just wanted Lucas to tell everyone that we have more shows going on (driveable from Brisbane) and he'll be on them. Come find me, fans. This isn't to say God of War couldn't challenge for the title again at a moment's notice, particularly in new towns where he still looks like the most legitimate villain on the roster. The Gold Coast narrative is moving on in a different direction.

LBMUitN.jpg

THE POSTER RULE

Like most tiny companies, our main form of advertising is posters, spread out in the areas around the venues, trying to catch the eye of passers by. When I was first training, I was frequently sent out to poster certain areas, and it was a thrill when I finally appeared on one. There's a science to a good wrestling poster, I was taught, and the choice of workers you choose to feature is vital. You need to cover the following bases...

• Wrestling. Not only should the word itself be big and bold, but you need a wrestler on there. An adult in recognizable "wrestling" attire gear with a decent physique. (Surfer Dude Lucas, Pat Rigsby, Michel Bernard, Trey Tallman, God of War & at a push Wes Schnorfesst). You'd be amazed how many indy promotions miss this, and I think it's worth pointing out who I don't think visually convey this on my roster. Dee Lucketti, Ice Ice Davey & Toby Tough are all teenagers. Jesse Tasman, Moonchild & S&M wear gimmicky attire. The Bat Men are wearing t-shirts. D-Pod & Craig Phoenix are too skinny.
  • Menace. Someone with solid Menace who looks violent and dangerous. (God of War, S&M Connection, The Bat Men)
  • Muscles. TV has taught us that wrestlers are muscular. (Surfer Dude Lucas, God of War, Referee Wels Farmer?)
  • Gimmick. A colourful character. This will be fun. (Jesse Tasman, Michel Bernard, Moonchild, S&M Connection, The Bat Men)
  • Something for the ladies. Sex Appeal. A pretty boy for the girls. Muscles for the mums. (Jesse Tasman, Moonchild, Surfer Dude Lucas, D-Pod)
  • Something for the lads. This won't be a sausage fest. There will be women too. (Taniko Jo)
  • What's relevant? A featured match or match-up. A title belt is great.

So here are some sample posters.

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast Version #1 (Generic, Alternating)

Surfer Dude Lucas (1, 3, 5, 7) God of War (1, 2, 3) Moonchild (4, 5) Taniko Jo (6) Trey Tallman (1) Wes Schnorfesst (1)

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast Version #2 (Generic, Alternating)

Taniko Jo (6) Smasher (2, 4) Mauler (2, 4) Surfer Dude Lucas (1, 3, 5, 7) Jesse Tasman (4, 5) Pat Rigsby (1)

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (July, Coolum Beach)

God of War (1, 2, 3) Michel Bernard (1, 4, 7) Wes Schnorfesst (1, 7) Taniko Jo (6) Jesse Tasman (4, 5)

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (August, Caloundra)

Surfer Dude Lucas (1, 3, 5) Michel Bernard (1, 4, 7) D-Pod (5, 7) God of War (1, 2, 3) Moonchild (3, 5) Taniko Jo (6)

BEACH Wrestling: SugarBrawl

I already know I'm featuring a Sugar Cane match on this one, so I need Slugger (2, 4, 7) Syrus (2, 4, 7) Pat Rigsby (1, 7) Trey Tallman (1, 7) Surfer Dude Lucas (1, 3, 5) and Taniko Jo (6)

So what am I missing from my roster? Well, I only have two muscle guys, and if God of War retires I'm going to get sick of shoving Lucas down everyone's throats. I also only have the one female option. Unfortunately Australia isn't well set-up for a Queen of Queensland division, and RAW have a monopoly on female managers. I plan on doing some talking and meddling to fix that. Eventually.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="90%"><tr><td width="30%" align="center" valign="center">b0WOmla.jpg

Saturday Week 3 July 2020

Coolum Beach, Sunshine Coast, Queensland

112 in attendance

$1,120 Gate</td><td width="70%" align="left" valign="center">(4 months ago, on the last Coolum Beach Show; God of War and Trey Tallman teamed up to run roughshod over the heroes of Coolum Beach.

• Jesse Tasman beat Ice Ice Davey in 10:12 via Wave Rider. 29 / E
  • Moonchild beat Pat Rigsby in 9:58 via Cheeky Roll Up. 29 / E
  • Michel Bernard bragged about becoming the Bubbleweight Champion. He's is happy to have won in Brisbane, but disgusted that it means he has to defend it on the Sunshine Coast. 22 / E-
  • Michel Bernard beat Wes Schnorfesst in 15:17 via Cross Armlock after blatantly cheating to retain the Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title. 33 / E+
  • God of War & Trey Tallman beat The Bat Men in 10:30. Slugger had the War God beat after Three Strikes (Yooooou're Out!) but Tallman rolled him up with a handful of tights. 32 / E+
  • Surfer Dude Lucas beat Dee Lucketti in 15:04 via Spinning Angled Slam. 36 / D-
  • Surfer Dude Lucas thanked the crowd and hoped to see them again when Beach Wrestling returns to Coolum Beach in November. 60 / C

</td></tr></table>

FINAL RATING: 37 / D-

$1,299 LOSS

LBMUitN.jpg

JULY FINANCES

<table width="60%"><tr><td width="60%" align="left" valign="center">Wrestling on the Gold Coast

General Running Costs

Sponsors

Mail Order Merchandise

July Profit/Loss

Tax</td><td width="40%" align="right" valign="center">$ 2,165 LOSS

$ 1,299 LOSS

$ 504 LOSS

$ 4,076 GAIN

$ 112 GAIN

$ 220 PROFIT

$ 11 TAX</td></tr></table>

I don't like how this looks. I'm still profitable, but I don't like how every show looks like a financial failure. Even though, in TEW, that's kinda true. I'd make more money if I stopped running shows and just collected the sponsorship money. I guess I'm running under the conceit that if I don't run at least once a month, I'd need to give the sponsorship money back. I have an idea to rework how I present these figures, by directly putting sponsor money into the show calculations. The first two weeks of sponsor money ($1,852 in July) are specifically for the tent-pole Gold Coast show. The third week is specifically for Sunshine Coast ($1,085) and the fourth week is for running costs and any third show. So that would be...

General Running Costs

General Sponsors

Mail Order Merchandise

July Profit/Loss

Tax</td><td width="40%" align="right" valign="center">$ 313 LOSS

$ 214 LOSS

$ 504 LOSS

$ 1,139 GAIN

$ 112 GAIN

$ 220 PROFIT

$ 11 TAX</td></tr></table>

In some ways that looks better, but I'm not sure. My shows are the money loser, and the amount of shows I can run is limited by sponsor money, until I start drawing a lot more fans. This obfuscates that... but isn't that what accounting is all about?

Dale Young doesn't like taking pay cuts, so he'll be taking the same $731 as last month (Remaining Bank Balance $1,978). He earned it filling out those permit forms. I'm going to have to tighten certain belts and maybe increase ticket prices in the Gold Coast shows, especially with all those extra spot shows I booked starting September.

LBMUitN.jpg

AUGUST CARDS

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 August 2020) Mermaid Beach

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: Smasher vs Surfer Dude Lucas

Non-Title: Michel Bernard vs D-Pod

God of War, Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman vs Moonchild & The Bat Men

Ice Ice Davey & Dee Lucketti vs Wes Schnorfesst & Toby Tough

Mauler vs Jesse Tasman

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 August 2020) Caloundra

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: D-Pod vs Michel Bernard

Mauler vs Surfer Dude Lucas

Yet again I enjoyed the look behind the scenes, it is giving a more realistic and vivid picture of growth as opposed to just showing popularity growth or things like that.

Mauler vs Jesse Tasman

Lucas

D-Pod

GoW, Rigsby and Tallman

Wes and Toby

Mauler

Bernard

Lucas

Rigsby and Tallman

I think you made the right choice in choosing Lucas as the ace when the game began but I'm interested to see what happens when everybody catches up. Tasman is. The games choice as a future figurehead, D-Pod might eventually agree to bulk up, I feel now there are no question about who is your "DeColt" in this project its just down the line as Tasman improves his experience andd ring work, or if D-Pod got bigger and got some SQ on him would you be tempted to drop Lucas for them?

I personally think Lucas is a perfect ace and his unscripted promo work has been beyond great but the main issue is he doesn't have the heels to fight right now. You could arguably say a heel would have been a better choice as first champ because of the more potential of solid feuds, after GoW who was dragged to good matched by Lucas who is there really, I like Tallman and Rigsby but I wouldn't be putting any belts that are main event on them or anything. I am really intrigued about who you might bring in to make the heel side that bit better.

Also saw that your CGC 2013 diary got lost in the shuffle over of sub-forums, such a massive shame, I Was a huge fan of it.

Mauler vs Jesse Tasman

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DAVEFAN95" data-cite="DAVEFAN95" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51009" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Also saw that your CGC 2013 diary got lost in the shuffle over of sub-forums, such a massive shame, I Was a huge fan of it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Perhaps there's a thread somewhere that is a better place for the discussion but I'm surprised to have heard so little about this. Has any explanation been given to anyone? It seems quite random who has had diaries lost, and many of them were great, long running ones like Self's you mentioned so I'm surprised not to see more uproar or at least a proper apology posted. But again maybe there has been and I've just missed it.</p>

<p>BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 August 2020) Mermaid Beach</p><p>

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: Smasher vs <strong>Surfer Dude Lucas</strong></p><p>

<em>Lucas keeps his win streak going for now.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Non-Title: Michel Bernard vs <strong>D-Pod</strong></p><p>

<em>Non-title so lets set-up that title match on enxt show by having challenger go over here.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>God of War, Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman</strong> vs Moonchild & The Bat Men</p><p>

<em>These three still feel like your best heels althoguh Bernard and S&M Connection might have something to say about that.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ice Ice Davey & Dee Lucketti </strong>vs Wes Schnorfesst & Toby Tough</p><p>

<em>Tpby looks like the weak link here.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mauler </strong>vs Jesse Tasman</p><p>

<em>Guessing Mauler would be the next guy who gets title shot.</em></p><p> </p><p>

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 August 2020) Caloundra</p><p>

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: D-Pod vs <strong>Michel Bernard</strong></p><p>

<em>I could see D-Pod being the next Bubbleweight champion but not quite yet.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Mauler vs Surfer Dude Lucas</p><p>

<em>I actually go with draw here. Mainly because I expect Mauler to be next challenger but Lucas has been so good that I have hard time seeing him losing to pretty much anyone from your current roster.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rigsby & Tallman</strong> vs The Bat Men</p><p>

<em>Again, following my current logic that these two are you top heels until proven otherwise.</em></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51009" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wait. What happened? <p> </p><p> Just checked my bookmarks and sure enough, my original CGC diary isn't working. Which is... kinda devastating.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's really strange how certain ones have gone. Like I had plenty of pretty garbage diaries back then, all of them are fine, and yet some really long standing ones are gone. You'd hope if they had to free or space or something they'd be able to pick to get rid of hundreds of short diaries as opposed to what's happened. Granted I know nothing about servers and have no details on what went down.</p><p> </p><p> Lloyd's 2 year long WWE one has gone, and with your 2013 CGC those might be my two favourite diaries. So it really sucks. Hopefully you're able to get some answers!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="christmas_ape" data-cite="christmas_ape" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51009" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yet again I enjoyed the look behind the scenes, it is giving a more realistic and vivid picture of growth as opposed to just showing popularity growth or things like that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The popularity score is the least interesting way to show anything, I think. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DAVEFAN95" data-cite="DAVEFAN95" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51009" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think you made the right choice in choosing Lucas as the ace when the game began but I'm interested to see what happens when everybody catches up. Tasman is. The games choice as a future figurehead, D-Pod might eventually agree to bulk up, I feel now there are no question about who is your "DeColt" in this project its just down the line as Tasman improves his experience andd ring work, or if D-Pod got bigger and got some SQ on him would you be tempted to drop Lucas for them?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it's less a case of what happens when people catch up, and more about what happens if Lucas out-grows the company? He already asked for $40 when I renegotiated his deal. How long until he wants $60? Or more? Will it be cost effective to give everyone a pay-rise to match? Will I need Lucas enough to make him an exception? I think there are a lot of ways things can change on the beach. I always need a top superhero, but Lucas is more expendable than the DeColts were. I have backup options. </p><p> </p><p> I just want D-Pod to not be skinny. He can stay a lightweight, just get <em>some</em> meat on his bones.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DAVEFAN95" data-cite="DAVEFAN95" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51009" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You could arguably say a heel would have been a better choice as first champ because of the more potential of solid feuds</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From my point of view, feuds aren't what's putting butts in seats at this level. Our main draw is <em>"oh wow, wrestling is coming to our town, can we go Mum?"</em> or <em>"I had fun last time. I'll go again"</em>. It's about nice posters and sending the crowd home happy with a hero standing tall at the end. We're not Monday Night RAW. The bulk of our shows are meant to be self-contained, satisfying nights of entertainment. Movies, not TV shows. Hopefully in a year/six-months time you'll be back for another. You won't remember what happened last time, but you'll remember you had fun.</p><p> </p><p> This being said, the monthly Gold Coast shows are beginning to be more narrative focused, so I can play around with stuff there. And will need to if I'm to keep local fans (and readers) interested. In some ways, it could be argued I got the belts a little bit backwards. Wes Schnorfesst was not the man to hold a touring belt in a headlining capacity. Perhaps the Sunshine Coast should have had the Heavyweight belt. </p><p> </p><p> We're figuring it out. I like that. I like how the inexperienced roster are still figuring out their act, and I'm figuring out the way to structure this.</p>

pxLeeMJ.jpg

Saturday Week 2 August 2020

Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast, Queensland

159 in attendance ($954 gate)

CMh56Ju.jpg

DALE YOUNG

Welcome to another action packed day of Beach Wrestling!

Today the Gold Coast Heavyweight Champion Surfer Dude

Lucas defends his title against-

TANIKO JO makes her way onto the beach, flanked by SMASHER and MAULER, both Queensland Tag Team Title belts around her waist.

TANIKO JO

It's not complicated. When I want something, I get it, and last

month I saw I want. I saw the Gold Coast Heavyweight Title belt.

So today, Smasher is going to add it to my collection. Your precious

Surfer Dude Lucas is going to learn that his place is the same as all

men. At my feet. Fulfilling my every desire. I'm taking over this

beach, and there isn't a man out there that can stop me.

LxKYgh8.jpg

JESSE TASMAN

Whoa, dude. I'm all for the empowerment of women, but you

cheated to get the belts you do have, and I'm not gonna stand

by and let you cheat to get another one. Lucas can handle

Smasher later, but Mauler's all mine.

MAULER VS JESSE TASMAN

FmlCybz.jpgfTZb65K.jpgPdA30w3.jpg

Jesse's happy to get his hands on one of the tag team champions, but can't lift the bulky behemoth for a body slam. Eager to please his mistress, Mauler ties Jesse up in a dungeon of deviance, but Jesse won't submit. Jabs! Chops! Big Body Slam! Mauler powers free of the Surfboard, and Taniko is delighted as her man sets up his Running Power Slam... but Jesse slips free. Wave Rider (Tornado Bulldog)! 1... 2... 3!

JESSE TASMAN WINS (9:43)

LLOYD BANKS VS ELVIS ROBINSON

DvIZg72.jpgfTZb65K.jpgAC47E16.jpg

High fiving fans and happy to be here, Young Elvis dominates his older, surlier, skinnier opponent with his mighty strength and rock hard abs. Banks responds with bargain basement brawling, but he's clearly going nowhere against the muscular adonis. Blue Suede Shoe (Running Boot)! Jailhouse Rock (Tilt a Whirl Slam)! Elvis effortlessly lifts his foe Banks for a Stalling Suplex, encouraging the crowd to count how long he can hold the helpless man upside down! 18... 19... 20 seconds! Banks is all shook up! Wrist Clutch Exploder! 1... 2... 3!

ELVIS ROBINSON WINS (7:45)

DEE LUCKETTI & ICE ICE DAVEY VS FLIP & BOUNCE BUCHANAN

91ctn2h.jpgq2237qn.jpgfTZb65K.jpgj9EPxLJ.jpggHjysUt.jpg

Teenage scoundrels Dee and Davey get taught a lesson in smooth and sleek German efficiency (and suplexes) until Dee distracts and Davey freezes Wes' momentum with forearm shivers. The cocky teens are just so proud of themselves as they work the veteran over, but Tough tags in and attacks with punches and kicks. He and Wes have Davey right where they want him, but Lucketti recklessly springboards into the pile, and Davey hits the Cold Shoulder on Tough for the pin.

LUCKETTI & DAVEY WIN (12:22)

CASgiD8.jpgFvuJ5Rf.jpg

D-POD

Are you ready to hear the D-Vine voice of the one-and-only

D-Lectable D-Pod? Nutritious and D-Licious. To fly to D-Ny and

I spy with my little eye some gold that is soon to be mine. I was

D-Frauded out of the tag team titles by a D-Plorable, D-Praved,

villainous villainess but there are more goldfish in the sea. Bubbles

float and fly and soar through the sky with a twinkle in their eye

and who does that better than the D-Lightful D-Pod?

MICHEL BERNARD

Sacré bleu! Zis is not ze Sunshine Coast. No title shot for you.

D-POD

Then I guess I'll have to D-Feat you for the fun of it.

NON-TITLE MATCH

MICHEL BERNARD VS D-POD

BhM88qf.jpgfTZb65K.jpgBTJINuN.jpg

Disgusted with D-Pod's arsenal of acrobatics, the snooty Frenchman responds with judo throws and elaborate submission artisty. D-Pod won't quit that easily. Fun and games are over, now D-Pod lets the moves do the talking. Bulldog! Seated Neck Plant! Rolling Inverted DDT! Bernard tries to desperate latch onto the arm, but D-Pod twists into a cover! 1... 2... 3!

D-POD WINS (12:58)

Michel Bernard can't believe it! He accuses D-Pod of cheating, but doesn't want to stick around to prove it. He grabs his Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title and flees.

PAT RIGSBY, TREY TALLMAN & GOD OF WAR

3hhCaGF.jpgRDnNCTW.jpgVwDKPZ8.jpg

9o6XwjD.jpg

cvbwRmq.jpgNkwDLkM.jpg2LvFoCv.jpg

MOONCHILD & THE BAT MEN

Moonchild shows his new friends the joys of peace and love and armbars, until Tallman extinguishes Syrus' momentum with fireman's carry takeovers. Rigsby blungeons, God slams, and Tallman grinds, but soon Slugger's up to bat, hitting home runs and socking dingers! Baseball Slide! God of War charges... right into Syrus' Bunt! Strike One! Strike Two! Strike Three! God of War is out! Rigsby and Tallman blindside the Bat Men. TDT! Stuff Piledriver! The villainous duo have Moonchild all alone, but Rigsby accidentally bludgeons Tallman out of the ring and gets rolled up! 1... 2... 3!

MOONCHILD & THE BAT MEN WIN (16:55)

RuAFRXy.jpg

/w Taniko Jo SMASHER VS SURFER DUDE LUCAS

iJAC06d.jpgZv7vihD.jpgfTZb65K.jpg1Ikl4yi.jpgvmiWLNy.jpg

Lucas out-wrestles and out-strikes the challenger, but struggles to lift the bulky heavyweight for his Spinning Angled Slam and gets smashed. Eager to please his Mistress, Smasher ties the champion up in his dungeon of deviance, but Lucas can't let his Little Dudes down. He avoids the Smash Hammer (Elbow Drop)! Ankle Biters! Beach Breakers! Gnarly Barefoot Dropkick! All fired up, Lucas finally hits the Spinning Angled Slam... but Taniko Jo 'faints' outside, distracting the referee.

N9lm9tI.jpg

Behind the distracted referee's back, Mauler mauls, but Lucas slips free of the Running Powerslam, runs S&M into each other, and hits another Spinnning Angled Slam just as referee Glen Lee realises Jo is faking. 1... 2... 3!

SURFER DUDE LUCAS WINS (15:03)

No time to celebrate, Surfer Dude Lucas is immediately jumped by Smasher and Mauler, following Jo's furious orders.

LxKYgh8.jpg

Here comes JESSE TASMAN! Jabs! Chops! S&M regroup as Jesse helps the Surfer Dude to his feet. Taniko screams orders. She wants blood... but Dale Young has something to say.

DALE YOUNG

Ladies and Gentlemen what an exciting main event, and next month

we have another one for you. I have just been given confirmation that

next month, Surfer Dude Lucas will defend his Gold Coast Heavyweight

Title against... Jesse Tasman!

Taniko is furious. Jesse is delighted. Lucas sizes up his next opponent.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="80%" align="left" valign="center">Welcome to the Taniko Jo Show

Mauler vs Jesse Tasman

Lloyd Banks vs Elvis Robinson

Dee & Davey vs Tough & Schnorfesst

D-Pod talks to Michel

Michel Bernard vs D-Pod

God/Rigsby/Tallman vs Moonchild & Bat Men

Smasher vs Surfer Dude Lucas

New Challenger Announced

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast</td><td width="20%" align="left" valign="center">34 / E+

27 / E

19 / E-

30 / E+

43 / D

37 / D-

36 / D-

41 / D-

35 / E+

39 / D-</td></tr></table>

+ $954 Ticket Sales

+ $159 Merchandise

+$1933 Sponsors

- $1,892 Production

- $1,320 Workers

$166 LOSS

Elvis Robinson is a guy who probably should have been on my starting roster. Young. Sexy. Muscular. I just hate his default picture, and wanted my guys to all be the same (2) style(s). Nothing a little photoshop can't fix. I whipped this up and here he is. I didn''t plan to bring him in as a white meat babyface, but it was either that or he wait a year, not getting any ring time.

Lloyd Banks also exists. He calls himself the Barbed Wire Messiah, and there's no room for that on this beach. Good experience. Could be useful from time to time. This was just a one night shot.

I've switched Ice Ice Davey's gimmick, from 'realistic' ice man to young, cocky weasel. It went fine, but most importantly it reset his momentum. I like him and Dee together. Two teenagers with more similarities than I first thought. Similar charisma, star quality, hardcore skills etc. I think using them as a team could give them good direction for the next 6-months.

LBMUitN.jpg

HEELS

Do I have a heel problem? My babyfaces have generally been out-performing my heels, and I certainly don't have one the level of Surfer Dude Lucas, but... No. I don't think I do. At least, I'm not missing an amazingly talented top heel. Much like CGC, we're a babyface promotion, so what we need is a wide assortment of hateable heels to cycle in and out to fight our DeColt. Unlike CGC, we're not building those heels with TV. They need to be threatening and/or unlikeable as soon as they walk through the curtain. I think we have that. A ramshackle 'good enough' version of that. I couldn't find a slot of Elvis Robinson on the heel side, because all of his best opponents are already here.

MONSTER HEELS

God of War (41) Muscular Heavyweight. 61 Menace

Smasher (42) Bulky Light Heavyweight. 66 Menace

Mauler (41) Bulky Light Heavyweight. 71 Menace

sBi1fya.jpgZCrYiA6.jpgN9lm9tI.jpg

Instantly believable from the first time you see them walk out of the curtain, Monster heels are great in a camp show setting. In TV promotions, you tend to have them squash job guys repeatedly, because as soon as they bump or sell or lose, their aura vanishes. That's less of a problem here, where we're frequently performing in front of fresh crowds.

The problem with my three monsters is that they're all over 40. In some ways that's great. Elvis Robinson is going to benefit working with that experience. But they're all on Time Decline, and God of War is almost at the point where he can't go 10 minutes (stamina down from 42 to 36). Hurting their main events. I also don't need all three of them. Variety is the spice of life, and Smasher and Mauler don't give much variety when you're jamming them onto a 5-match card. In a perfect world I'd have two Monsters. One veteran. One rookie. Gimmicks different enough to stand alone, but can team up from time to time.

BUMPING HEELS

Trey Tallman (33) Middleweight - 66ish Selling 70ish Psychology

Pat Rigsby (33) Middleweight - 58ish Selling 64ish Psychology

Craig Phoenix (33) SKinny Lightweight - 62ish Selling 52ish Psychology

gDJRJkm.jpgpiIkBhP.jpgcWrItPn.jpg

Your garden variety indy heel, who will bump around for Elvis' 5-moves-of-doom and make him look cooler and more handsome by comparison, while also being experienced enough to lead him through a match. Again, no TV to build heat, they need to look mean and unpleasant from the moment they walk through the curtain. Rigsby is short and squat. Phoenix skinny with freakishly long limbs. Tallman... actually... I don't know what fans would dislike about Tallman. Nice physique. Decent looking guy. He cheats a lot, and is boring, I guess. He's certainly the best worker of the bunch.

Phoenix is already complaining about his booking, and I don't know if I want to fix it. There's not much room on the Bubbleweight side. Tallman and Rigsby have been booked much more strongly, and they're nearing 15 tag experience, making them wonderfully versatile for spot shows. Tag? Two singles? Two singles, followed by a tag main event? Wonderful.

COCKY CHICKENSHITS

Dee Lucketti (19) Lightweight - 74ish Charisma

Ice Ice Davey (19) Middleweight - 70ish Charisma

Michel Bernard (28) Lightweight - 59ish Charisma

6BU35Fq.jpg4RxMOWV.jpgFvuJ5Rf.jpg

This was my bread and butter when I wrestled on the indies. An undersized, cocky jerk who fled from danger at a moment's notice. The crowd thought they could kick my ass, and then the babyface did it for them. Neither Dee nor Davey are natural Swagger guys, but I need chickenshits on the card and they don't seem ready for their 'grown up' gimmicks. Dee Lucketti's default gimmick is "Demented" while Davey should be Legitimate/Realistic, but they're 19 and have scored pretty well in Swagger/Weasel respectively. The issue with these two is that unlike every other heel they're very inexperienced. They wouldn't be able to lead Elvis. They need to be babysat themselves, lest they do the cool movez and ruin their heat (Lucketti you flippy ass).

Snooty Frenchman Michel is more of a character heel, and I dig it. His style doesn't really fit the Bubbleweight division (too technical, not enough aerial) so I might get him to bulk up next year. Which would make him viable in a main event position, and good against Elvis. 44 experience isn't amazing, but it's enough to lead a match at this level.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="90%"><tr><td width="30%" align="center" valign="center">b0WOmla.jpg

Saturday Week 3 August 2020

Caloundra, Sunshine Coast, Queensland

125 in attendance

$1,250 Gate</td><td width="70%" align="left" valign="center">(4 months ago, on the last Caloundra Show; anti-beach villains Rigsby, Tallman & God of War were defeated by Surfer Dude Lucas, Jesse Tasman & Toby Tough.)

• Ice Ice Davey beat Wes Schnorfesst in 10:25 with a Cold Shoulder after interference from Dee Lucketti. 28 / E
  • After the match, Jesse Tasman came out to let the teenage scoundrels know that cheaters never prosper, and challenged Lucketti to a match. 40 / D-
  • Jesse Tasman beat Dee Lucketti in 9:51 with the Wave Rider after Wes Schnorfesst foiled Ice Ice Davey's interference. 29 /E
  • The Bat Men beat Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman in 14:40 with Three Strikes (Yooooou're Out) on Rigsby. 29 / E
  • D-Pod beat Michel Bernard in 14:30 by Count Out when Bernard fled the ring. Michel retains the Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title. 35 / E+
  • After the match, D-Pod D-Clared Bernard a coward, and D-Mands a rematch for the title. 48 / D+
  • Surfer Dude Lucas beat Mauler in 9:44 after a wild brawl that spilled out into the crowd. 44 / D

</td></tr></table>

FINAL RATING: 42 / D-

$ 39 LOSS

Unexpected sleeper hit. In skills, Smasher appears to be better than Mauler to my eyes, but Mauler's getting better results for some reason. Perhaps the wild brawl here worked in his favour, while the slow build worked against Smasher. I also got some good results from Ice & Dee managing each other. No positive chemistry, but they both have some charisma.

Cost-cutting and allocation of sponsorship money makes the show finances look better, but they're still losing money. Not a great sign going into a busier schedule. Taniko Jo was dropped from this show at the last second. Clearly Mauler didn't need her, and that's an extra $50 in my pocket.

LBMUitN.jpg

AUGUST FINANCES

General Running Costs

General Sponsors

Mail Order Merchandise

August Profit/Loss

Tax</td><td width="40%" align="right" valign="center">$ 166 LOSS

$ 32 LOSS

$ 504 LOSS

$ 1,265 GAIN

$ 112 GAIN

$ 668 PROFIT

$ 33 TAX</td></tr></table>

Next month, I have three shows. When I booked those new venues, I was flying high, but the added per-show costs from being Tiny have taken their toll. I think we can make it without going under, but I gotta make some adjustments. We're raising the prices of the Gold Coast tickets, from Very Cheap $6 to Cheap $8. I need money more than I need popularity boosts, and that should give us an extra $300 at the gate. I don't want to reduce the card (other than avoiding 6-man tags) but I'll save $320 if I give one referee the night off and keep Original Lone Rider home. I'm already doing this for the Sunshine Coast shows. Rider's pretty mad, but the shows are clearly good enough without him.

Dale Young doesn't want to give up his $731 a month, so he won't (Remaining Bank Balance $1,882). Yet. It all depends how these extra shows go. Unfortunately we're still at the stage where shows lose money. Hopefully I break through that barrier in terms of attendance where I can handle this schedule. I may need to keep things lean in the first half of 2021, but I have my eye on the school holidays in April or July for some extra touring/travelling.

LBMUitN.jpg

SEPTEMBER SHOWS

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 September 2020) Mermaid Beach

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: Jesse Tasman vs Surfer Dude Lucas ©

Queensland Tag Team Titles: The Bat Men vs S&M Connection

God of War vs Moonchild

Trey Tallman vs Wes Schnorfesst

Pat Rigsby vs Elvis Robinson

Ice Ice Davey & Dee Lucketti vs Flip & Bounce Buchanan

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 September 2020) Noosa Heads

Ice Ice Davey & Dee Lucketti vs Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas

BEACH Wrestling presents; SugarBrawl 2020 (Saturday Week 4 September 2020) Bargara Beach, Bundaberg

Sugar Cane Match: Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman vs The Bat Men

Ice Ice Davey vs Moonchild