Totally Radical Beach Wrestling [C-Verse 2020]

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 September 2020) Mermaid Beach</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: Jesse Tasman vs <strong>Surfer Dude Lucas ©</strong></p><p>

<em>But the pair of them hug it out afterwards.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Queensland Tag Team Titles: The Bat Men vs <strong>S&M Connection</strong></p><p>

<em>Too big, too scary.</em></p><p> </p><p>

God of War vs <strong>Moonchild</strong></p><p>

<em>God of War may be big, but he's old and easily gassed.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Trey Tallman vs <strong>Wes Schnorfesst</strong></p><p>

<em>Skilled, tough and generally good.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Pat Rigsby vs <strong>Elvis Robinson</strong></p><p>

<em>What's cooking, good looking?</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ice Ice Davey & Dee Lucketti</strong> vs Flip & Bounce Buchanan</p><p>

<em>What's this I see? Looks like a couple of JOBBERS!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 September 2020) Noosa Heads</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: D-Pod vs <strong>Michel Bernard</strong></p><p>

<em>Too French to lose.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Ice Ice Davey & Dee Lucketti vs <strong>Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas</strong></p><p>

<em>Win it for the little dudes!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">BEACH Wrestling presents; SugarBrawl 2020 (Saturday Week 4 September 2020) Bargara Beach, Bundaberg</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Sugar Cane Match: Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman vs <strong>The Bat Men</strong></p><p>

<em>Swinging for the hills seems like their thing.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Ice Ice Davey vs <strong>Moonchild</strong></p><p>

<em>Groovy.</em></p>

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 September 2020) Mermaid Beach

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: Jesse Tasman vs Surfer Dude Lucas ©

Queensland Tag Team Titles: The Bat Men vs S&M Connection

God of War vs Moonchild

Trey Tallman vs Wes Schnorfesst

Pat Rigsby vs Elvis Robinson

Ice Ice Davey & Dee Lucketti vs Flip & Bounce Buchanan

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 September 2020) Noosa Heads

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: D-Pod vs Michel Bernard

Ice Ice Davey & Dee Lucketti vs Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas

BEACH Wrestling presents; SugarBrawl 2020 (Saturday Week 4 September 2020) Bargara Beach, Bundaberg

Sugar Cane Match: Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman vs The Bat Men

Ice Ice Davey vs Moonchild

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 September 2020) Mermaid Beach

God of War vs Moonchild

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 September 2020) Noosa Heads

BEACH Wrestling presents; SugarBrawl 2020 (Saturday Week 4 September 2020) Bargara Beach, Bundaberg

God of War vs Moonchild

I could see a title chance here as giving belt to another face would extend the time to figure out which of the heels should be on top. That said, I still think Lucas is going to win here.

They just won the belts.

God of War vs Moonchild

I do wonder if God of War is slighly sliding down the pecking order now that he don´t look to be the number one contender anymore but I do think he´s going over Moonchild here.

Could see this one going either way but I do rate Wes slighly higher thanks to his title run.

Thinking Rigsby gets the win here by virtue of being more established talent.

Looks like Davey and Lucketti are moving up on pecking order with win last week and likely another win here.

Not yet time for Bernard to drop the belt

Davey and Lucketti might be getting wins but this is a bridge too far for them.

Going with the team that has actual name plus I kind of feel they would need a win since they been on the losing end more often than not (or at least that´s my gut feeling, I didn´t actually count their wins and losses.)

Thinking Moonchild is slighly higher on pecking order at least when it´s singles match.

Lucas

Now isn't the time to change strategies

S&M

They need to be dominant if they are going to be Lucas' new big bads

Moonchild

Sommething tells me you're using up the last bit of GoW's usefulness before letting him go

Trey

Dude could be a future contender, he's got enough about him to be that even if he's more of a tag guy right now

Rigsby

Beats the new guy to show him he has to pay his dues

Davey and Lucketti

The Buchanans are jobbers

Bernard

Lucas and Tasman

The Bat Men

Moonchild

Nice to see Tasman get a chance. Enjoyed the deep dive into your heels though I still think you need that one mega heel to jump out (ala Trent or Bloodstone). Think Bernard could be that guy if he gets bigger, though I don't know if he will.

Nice Elvis Robinson debut, though I immediately thought "Look at this man doing his best Alex DeColt impression". Could see aa heel turn for him down the line, could be that break out heel.

Lucas should win or the match will end in shenanigans with Heels getting involved. Not really sure who will ever challenge SDL.

The bat men are here to lose which is a shame they are so far down the pecking order which is weird to say when they are in a title match.

God of War vs Moonchild

Moonchild on a run of surprise success.

This could be a coinflip but Tallman is my guy.

Elvis has come in looking like an absolute star.

I hope Ice turns on Dee Loser and retires him. Poor Buchanan Brothers.

D-Pod vs Michel Bernard

Weird these guys arent on the bigger show on the Coast. But backing Michel who I love. Bjt both guys are money.

pxLeeMJ.jpg

Saturday Week 2 September 2020

Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast, Queensland

174 in attendance ($1,392 gate)

CMh56Ju.jpg

DALE YOUNG

Welcome to another action packed day of Totally Radical Beach

Wrestling. Today, two Surfers clash in our main event, but which

will ride the waves well enough to bring home the Gold Coast

Heavyweight Title? We'll find out. So who's ready to get started

with some Beach Wrestling?

GOD OF WAR VS MOONCHILD

VwDKPZ8.jpgfTZb65K.jpgNkwDLkM.jpg

Determined not to be distracted by the fans this time, God of War is distracted by the fans. Peace! Love! Groovy Punches! Far Out Flying Clotheslines! The War God overpowers his foe with big slams, a full nelson and tries a Superplex, but Peace is inevitable. Moonchild knocks him off of the ropes! Summer of 69 (2nd Rope Legdrop)! 1... 2... 3!

MOONCHILD WINS (9:52)

PAT RIGSBY VS ELVIS ROBINSON

3hhCaGF.jpgfTZb65K.jpgAC47E16.jpg

All big smiles and high fives, Elvis is thrilled to show off his impressive strength early, but Rigsby's a nasty little bugger, chopping the muscular Adonis down at the knees before bludgeoning the neck, looking for his patented Stuff Piledriver. Elvis powers free. Blue Suede Shoe (Running Boot)! Jailhouse Rock (Tilt a Whirl Slam)! Elvis hoists him up for a Stalling Suplex, encouraging the crowd to count the seconds, but Rigsby's having none of it. Upside down eye rake! Stuff Piledriver! 1... 2... 3!

PAT RIGSBY WINS (9:40)

ZCrYiA6.jpgiJAC06d.jpgN9lm9tI.jpg

TANIKO JO

This isn't complicated. When I want something, I get it. I want the Gold

Coast Heavyweight Title, so my men should be allowed to get it for me.

That Jesse Tasman gets a shot at the title today is a disgrace and a

travesty. He couldn't win my Queensland Tag Team Titles and he

doesn't stand a chance against Surfer Dude Lucas.

LxKYgh8.jpg

JESSE TASMAN

Whoa. Harsh vibes, Taniko. Lucas is an awesome fighter, but I can

kick a lot of ass myself. I'm going to believe in myself, try my best,

and if this is my time, I'll ride that wave to victory.

TANIKO JO

You know... we don't have to be enemies, Jesse. You have a lot of potential.

Alone you may not stand a chance against Lucas, but you don't have

to be alone. I can help you. We can help you. You can be a champion,

ruling this beach. Under me, of course.

Taniko Jo offers Jesse a spiked collar. He considers it... or perhaps is just trying to understand the question.

JESSE TASMAN

No thanks. I don't really do jewelry. I'm just gonna try my best

and may the better man win. Besides, I think your boys are

going to have their hands full today with The Bat Men.

QUEENSLAND TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

CLq00ok.jpg

Syrus & Slugger

THE BAT MEN

cvbwRmq.jpg2LvFoCv.jpgfTZb65K.jpgZv7vihD.jpgFmlCybz.jpgiJAC06d.jpg

THE S&M CONNECTION

Smasher & Mauler /w Taniko Jo

The Bat Men swing for the fences from the opening pitch, brawling into the outfield, but S&M take pleasure from pain and overpower them. Syrus looks weakest, but Taniko Jo has other ideas, ordering her men to focus on Slugger. Eager to please their Mistress, S&M tie up the Bat Men's power hitter in their dungeon of deviance, but Slugger refuses to submit and soon Syrus is back up to bat... and not too sure what to do. Mauler charges- BUNT! Smasher charges- BUNT! Bunt! Bunt! Baseball Slide! Taniko Jo climbs onto the apron and Syrus is smitten. Mauler mauls! Smasher smashes! 1... 2... 3.

THE S&M CONNECTION RETAIN (10:50)

TREY TALLMAN VS WES SCHNORFESST

RDnNCTW.jpgfTZb65K.jpggHjysUt.jpg

Wes counters Tallman's fireman carry takeovers with smooth and sleek efficiency, forcing Tallman to extinguish the German's momentum with his fists. Trey pounds the smaller man into the mat until Wes unleashes hell. Repeated Germans! Frankensteiner! Tallman has the Schnorfesst Bomb scouted, but gets caught in a Schnorfesst Sleeper! Tallman slowly drifts off to the land of... No! Desperation back elbow! Complex Cradle! 1... 2... 3!

TREY TALLMAN WINS (15:13)

6BU35Fq.jpg4RxMOWV.jpg

DEE LUCKETTI & ICE ICE DAVEY take it in turns filming each other on their phones.

DEE LUCKETTI

How's it going everybody it's ya boy Dee Lucketti here with another

epic video. Today ladies and gentlemen we're going to show you

how to beat up two skinny pipsqueeks; Flip and Bounce Buchanan.

ICE ICE DAVEY

If everyone on this beach would shut their pie holes, I can tell you

that this video is sponsored by SimpleStilts.com. Are you a tiny,

shrimpy weirdo who thinks stilts will make them less off-putting,

but gets confused by all the options on the high street? You need

SimpleStilts.com.

DEE LUCKETTI

Use our promo code "TwinsAreCreepy" for free shipping, and don't

forget to comment, like and subscribe so you don't miss out on all

of our videos.

DEE LUCKETTI & ICE ICE DAVEY VS FLIP & BOUNCE BUCHANAN

91ctn2h.jpgq2237qn.jpgfTZb65K.jpgIAgxfAH.jpg4hFnqHi.jpg

Teenage scoundrels Dee and Davey take turns recording each other one their phones as they decimate the tiny Buchanans with fancy flips and forearm shivers. The Buchanans use Twin Magic to confuse and irritate, until Davey bounces Flip with the Cold Shoulder and Dee flips Bounce with a Canadian Dee-Stroyer! 1. 2. 3.

DEE LUCKETTI & ICE ICE DAVEY WIN (7:41)

JESSE TASMAN VS SURFER DUDE LUCAS

PdA30w3.jpgfTZb65K.jpg1Ikl4yi.jpg

Jesse tests himself against the Surfer Dude, and finds himself wanting. Over-powered. Out-wrestled. He's a little faster, but Lucas is smarter, wiping him out with a gnarly dropkick.

iJAC06d.jpg

TANIKO JO takes a seat at ringside, taunting Jesse, claiming he can't win without her help, offering him a spiked collar. Jesse's such a chill dude that it doesn't bother or frustrate him at all. He just keeps going and going and going, and as the Surfer Dude begins to tire Jesse gets his chance. Jabs! Chops! Rolling Waves Suplexes! Lucas tries to cut him off with a Beach Breaker... but Taniko reaches in and grabs his ankle.

Jesse didn't like that. He confronts Jo, who offers him the collar again... and Lucas doesn't give him a chance to accept. Big Dive! Ankle Biters! Beach Breakers! He tries a Spinning Angled Slam, but Jesse slips free! Wave Rider (Tornado Bulldog)! 1... 2... Lucas kicks out and Jesse's actually getting frustrated. Taniko blatantly offers Jesse the spiked collar, and he takes it... and throws it into the sea! Wave Ri- No! Spinning Angle- No! Both men grapple for dominance... and a furious Taniko jumps on top and starts hitting both men!

NO CONTEST (18:36)

ZCrYiA6.jpgN9lm9tI.jpg

Lucas restrains Jo, but SMASHER and MAULER charge down to the ring to beat him down. Jesse comes to the Surfer Dude's rescue, sending the villains fleeing with jabs and chops.

SURFER DUDE LUCAS

This isn't your beach, Taniko. You've tried to come for my title? How

about next month, I come for yours. How does that sound, Jesse? How

does that sound, Little Dudes? Do you want to see Surfer Dude

Lucas and Jesse Tasman kick the hell out of these guys and take

their Queensland tag team titles?

JESSE TASMAN

Sounds like a good idea to me, Dude.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="80%" align="left" valign="center">Welcome to the Show

God of War vs Moonchild

Taniko tries to recruit Jesse

The Bat Men vs S&M Connection

Dee & Davey Promo

Dee Lucketti & Ice Ice Davey vs Flip & Bounce Buchanan

Jesse Tasman vs Surfer Dude Lucas

Challenge for next month

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast</td><td width="20%" align="left" valign="center">22 / E-

30 / E+

26 / E

34 / E+

28 / E

33 / E+

34 / E+

23 / E-

43 / D

36 / D-

39 / D-</td></tr></table>

+ $1,392 Ticket Sales

+ $174 Merchandise

+$1,891 Sponsors

- $900 Workers

- $1,546 Production

- $100 Marketing

- $250 Production

$661 PROFIT

In terms of ratings, this was kind of a weak show, with only the main event segments sneaking up into the D-range. It really missed a strong promo. D-Pod wasn't on the card, and Surfer Dude's desire to be unscripted is great for him, but not for everyone around him. Still, everything was fine,and Elvis is getting over the initial who-are-ya factor. Tallman and Schnorfesst had great chemistry, but boy did that match lack charisma.

In terms of finances, I'm thrilled with this. More ticket sold. More expensive tickets. A leaner roster with Original Lone Rider left at home. A $800 swing from last month, which will surely help make up for the losses I'll take in the SugarBrawl.

A few surprise results, based on your predictions. I am very excited by Elvis Robinson, but that doesn't equal a Jesus-push just yet. Pat Rigsby is nobody's stepping stone. Wes Schnorfesst had a good run with the Bubbleweight belt, but he's no headliner, and he's considerably smaller than Trey Tallman. God of War, while coming off of a main event run, is on Time Decline. I feel his best use is working with rookie babyfaces, and putting over the ones I have plans for.

I still think you need that one mega heel to jump out (ala Trent or Bloodstone). Think Bernard could be that guy if he gets bigger, though I don't know if he will.

I could do with a central heel, just in terms of the Gold Coast narrative. To keep reading it interesting. Taniko's sort of in that role now, but manager popularity has been severely nerfed since the original release. I mean, it was broken then, but there's zero movement now.

Michel's being a bit uppity about toning up, so I doubt he's going to be into moving up a weight class.

Nice Elvis Robinson debut, though I immediately thought "Look at this man doing his best Alex DeColt impression". Could see a heel turn for him down the line, could be that break out heel.

I really did want him to be a heel, but booking him this month I can see he needs seasoning first. Working guys like Rigsby will get him ready. Now that you mention it, yeah, definite Alex vibes. Similar look (how common is the FlatTop haircut in the C-Verse? Lot of Guile marks) and crossover in the moveset. He's not as smart as Alex, though. Few are.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="90%"><tr><td width="30%" align="center" valign="center">b0WOmla.jpg

Saturday Week 3 September 2020

Noosa Heads, Sunshine Coast, Queensland

140 in attendance

$1,400 Gate</td><td width="70%" align="left" valign="center">(4 months ago, Surfer Dude Lucas got revenge on Tallman & Rigsby by beating the former in a Lifeguard Match)

• Moonchild beat God of War in 8:12 with the Summer of 69. 32 / E+
  • Trey Tallman beat Wes Schnorfesst in 15:28 with a Complex Cradle, pulling the tights after an otherwise clean technical affair. 33 / E+
  • Surfer Dude Lucas & Jesse Tasman beat Dee Lucketti & Ice Ice Davey in 12:03. During the match, Lucas accidentally wiped Jesse out with a gnarley dropkick, leading to him being taken out with a Cold Shoulder and Canadian Dee-Stroyer. All alone, Jesse overcame the odds, pinning Davey with the Wave Rider. 44 / D
  • Pat Rigsby beat Elvis Robinson in 9:22, tricking the rookie by feigning an injury before hitting the Stuff Piledriver. 22 / E-
  • D-Pod beat Michel Bernard in 14:31 with a Moonsault to become the Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Champion. 41 / D-
  • After the match, D-Pod thanked the crowd, telling them he is D-Lighted to be their new champion. He aims to D-Fend the belt with honour and integrity, and hopes to see everyone again really soon. 51 / D+

</td></tr></table>

FINAL RATING: 41 / D-

$ 124 PROFIT

If the Gold Coast can have their Champion go on last, why not the Sunshine Coast Champion too? Skinny as he may be, I think D-Pod can be the Sunshine Coast's version of Surfer Dude Lucas. A strong babyface and electric promo who can close a show by sending the crowd home happy. Michel has performed really well in his role. Against Schnorfesst. Against D-Pod. Problem is... that's it. I have no more babyface bubbleweights for him to fight, and few options I'm interested in bringing in. Michel is also not what I'm looking for as a Bubbleweight. I want flips. Michel does not flip. D-Pod do. What I think I need Michel to do is become an all-around theat. To lightweights. To heavyweights. To tags. A versatile character heel, and not just the scourge of the Sunshine Coast.

Not a great performance from young Elvis tonight. I tried him in a Wild Brawl, and it isn't his jam.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="90%"><tr><td width="30%" align="center" valign="center">cwa3YEi.jpg

Saturday Week 4 September 2020

Bargara Beach, Near Bundaberg, Queensland

108 in attendance

$1,080 Gate</td><td width="70%" align="left" valign="center">

• Moonchild beat Ice Ice Davey in 9:49 with the Summer of 69. 32 / E+
  • Mauler beat Jesse Tasman in 10:18 after interference from Taniko Jo and Smasher. 33 / E+
  • After the match, the S&M Connection continued to beat Jesse down, until Surfer Dude Lucas made the save, challenging Mauler to a match later tonight. 38 / D-
  • Pat Rigsby & Trey Tallman beat The Bat Men in 14:45 in a Sugar Cane Match, where both teams were armed with Kendo Sticks. Tallman threw sugar in Syrus' eyes, allowing them to hit a Double Stuff Piledriver for the win. 23 / E-
  • D-Pod talked about how great it is for the D-Lectable D-Pod to be in the sweet sugar cane capital of Queensland. Dee Lucketti interrupted, claiming there's no one as sweet as he is. 48 / D+
  • D-Pod beat Dee Lucketti in 9:12 with a Moonsault, after a high-flying, aerial-affair. 30 / E+
  • Surfer Dude Lucas beat Smasher in 12:15 with a Spinning Angled Slam. Taniko Jo and Smasher repeatedly interfered, until the 'injured' Jesse Tasman heroically came out to make the save. 44 / D
  • Villains defeated, Surfer Dude and Jesse thanked the crowd for coming out, and let them know they'll be back soon. 50 / D+

</td></tr></table>

FINAL RATING: 44 / D-

$ 448 LOSS

The Sugar Cane match... We tried. The area is known for its sugar cane fields, so it seemed like a fun idea for a themed match. Everyone's performances were in the 30's, but I guess the crowd in Bundaberg don't care for Hardcore matches because the match got a 23. Or maybe it was the glaring, dangerous botch where Syrus almost killed Rigsby. There's tension there now. This isn't the first time Syrus has been sloppy and unsafe, and I really haven't been overly impressed with the guy. Slugger is a lot better. We'll be back in Hervey Bay in 2021, but I'm not sure the Sugar Cane match will make a return.

Otherwise, cracking show. Strong main event (Lucas can't quite beat a 44) and two uplifting angles. Financially... this could have gone a lot worse. It's a 'Lesser Event' and the estimated crowd was 90. Luckily another 18 punters showed up. I think this is all going to be okay.

LBMUitN.jpg

Q3 PERFORMANCES

<table width="60%"><tr><td width="15%" align="center" valign="center">1

20</td><td width="30%" align="right" valign="center">Surfer Dude Lucas

Trey Tallman

Michel Bernard

Jesse Tasman

D-Pod

Wes Schnorfesst

Slugger

Moonchild

Syrus

Dee Lucketti

Pat Rigsby

Ice Ice Davey

God of War

Craig Phoenix

Smasher

Mauler

Flip Buchanan

Bounce Buchanan

Toby Tough

Elvis Robinson</td><td width="15%" align="right" valign="center">51.1

17.3</td><td width="15%" align="right" valign="center">+ 5.2

+5.8

+7.5

+3.3

+1.7

+1.1

+4.9

+3.1

+5.5

+2.2

+0.8

+3.9

+1.2

+4.6

+2.4

+2.6

+4.0

New</td><td width="25%" align="right" valign="center">White Hot

Hot

Hot

Warm

Warm

Warm

Very Warm

Warm

Warm

Chilly

Warm

Warm

Very Warm

Cold

Very Warm

Very Warm

Chilly

Cold

Cold

Cooled</td></tr></table>

Nice to see that a couple of heels have pushed their way to the top, most likely due to me pushing them to victories. Trey Tallman's been kept subtly strong since the beginning (Rigsby tended to take the fall in tag losses) and it's paying off, while Michel Bernard got big popularity thanks to his wins over Schnorfesst.

As the roster grows, it becomes trickier to get everyone on the card. Especially given how I want to run a lot of shows, and there's only so much sponsorship money I can shake out of people's pockets. Toby Tough hasn't had much opportunity to get out of the dog house. Nor have Flip & Bounce gotten much ring time. The Buchanan boys have reached the end of their agreement. I'm going to keep Flip for a little bit longer, but Bounce won't be back at the beach for a while. Maybe when I'm making more money and can afford some Bubbleweight multi-mans.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="60%" align="left" valign="center">Wrestling on the Gold Coast

Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast

BEACH Wrestling's SugarBrawl

General Running Costs

General Sponsors

Mail Order Merchandise

September Profit/Loss

Tax</td><td width="40%" align="right" valign="center">$ 661 GAIN

$ 124 GAIN

$ 448 LOSS

$ 504 LOSS

$ 504 GAIN

$ 112 GAIN

$ 449 PROFIT

$ 22 TAX</td></tr></table>

We're going to be okay! I mean, we're still losing money after Dale Young gets his $731 cut (Remaining Bank Balance $1,578) and a few guys are going to be pissed missing shows but this is about as well as can be expected. I think the best case scenario is for us to hit 23 popularity (20 now) by the River City Rumble in December. A big payday to keep us running well, followed by 3 months of focus on the Coast shows with none of these expensive new towns. Ideally, I would have ran new towns OR given pay rises OR hit Tiny. Maybe two of those. Three is less fun that I wanted. Dale wants to quit his day job!

LBMUitN.jpg

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 October 2020) Mermaid Beach

Queensland Tag Team Titles: Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas vs The S&M Connection

Dee Lucketti & Ice Ice Davey vs The Bat Men

Trey Tallman vs Moonchild

Craig Phoenix vs Elvis Robinson

God of War vs Flip Buchanan

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 October 2020) Mooloolaba

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: Wes Schnorfesst vs D-Pod

Dee Lucketti vs Slugger

BEACH Wrestling presents; Halloween Hervey (Saturday Week 4 October 2020) Hervey Bay

Queensland Tag Team Titles: Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas vs The S&M Connection

Non-Title: Dee Lucketti vs D-Pod

Ice Ice Davey vs Syrus

Question. If you were going to a wrestling show every month, at the same venue, how often would you want to see someone new on the show?

<p>S & M</p><p> </p><p>

I just think they have better teamwork but I could see the others win two.</p><p> </p><p>

Dee and Davey</p><p> </p><p>

They've got more about them then Bat Men</p><p> </p><p>

Trey Tallman</p><p> </p><p>

Yeah, I think Trey is a little too far out of Moonchild's reach</p><p> </p><p>

Elvis Robinson</p><p> </p><p>

This could be a place for Phoenix to get a win so he stops complaining but I don't think you start that now</p><p> </p><p>

GoW</p><p> </p><p>

He can beat jobbers that's for sure</p><p> </p><p>

D-Pod</p><p>

Tallman</p><p>

Lucketti</p><p> </p><p>

Tasman and Lucas</p><p>

D-Pod</p><p>

Davey</p><p> </p><p>

I think Taniko has been doing a great job as the top heel, it's just the S and M connection are such tag guys that I don't see them as a threat, it's Taniko who is the threat which makes them a threat... If that makes any sense. Though I do think somebody like Bernard, or even Tallman could be a really effective heel. I see Bernard as a mixture of Eddie Chandler and Sean Deeley while Tallman is more of a heel discount Alex DeColt. Smart and efficient but isn't here making equations and formulas to win matches but does have a plan of action. </p><p> </p><p>

Yeah, there is a load of Guile marks in CV it seems. There's even some who have the hairstyle but aren't blonde. </p><p> </p><p>

Elvis seems more, lets say happier than Alex. He isn't a puzzle solver, he lives in the moment, I like that, gives him a flaw that heels (such as Rigsby in their match) can exploit.</p><p> </p><p>

And to answer the question, I like familiarity so if I see pretty much the same cast (with guys taking breaks here and there just to make us miss them) that's great, as well as getting a big new signing from another company. I think I usually only care about new guys if they have a role or purpose. Bat Men, Elvis Robinson, Michel Bernard all had a semblance of a reason to come in (tag tournie, up and coming prospect, bubble weight addition) and had an enjoyable gimmick to get me invested. While The Bichanans on the other hand have a gimmick but were always gonna job to everyone, so I didn't care whether or not they came in. So, if you have an ideas or some workers then I'd say hire to your hearts content, if you just are hiring for the sake of it, don't bother.</p>

<p><strong>BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 October 2020) Mermaid Beach</strong></p><p><strong>

Queensland Tag Team Titles: </strong>Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas vs <strong>The S&M Connection</strong></p><p> </p><p>

S&M get a win. Cant have Lucas get all the titles and it helps keep Tanikos Toys a threat in the company and a threat to Lucas which you need. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dee Lucketti & Ice Ice Davey</strong> vs The Bat Men</p><p> </p><p>

Dee & Ice are in the company long term. The Bat Men have been getting fed to others. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Trey Tallman</strong> vs Moonchild</p><p> </p><p>

Need to push your number 1 talent amiright? </p><p> </p><p>

Craig Phoenix vs <strong>Elvis Robinson</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Havent seen the Warbird in awhile so it will be a shame to see him lose but Elvis needs to get a win back. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>God of War</strong> vs Flip Buchanan</p><p> </p><p>

Poor Flip.... poor poor Flip. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 October 2020) Mooloolaba</strong></p><p><strong>

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title:</strong> Wes Schnorfesst vs <strong>D-Pod</strong></p><p>

<strong>Trey Tallman</strong> vs Moonchild</p><p>

<strong>Dee Lucketti </strong>vs Slugger</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>BEACH Wrestling presents; Halloween Hervey (Saturday Week 4 October 2020) Hervey Bay</strong></p><p><strong>

Queensland Tag Team Titles: </strong>Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas vs <strong>The S&M Connection</strong></p><p>

Non-Title: Dee Lucketti vs <strong>D-Pod</strong></p><p>

Ice Ice Davey vs <strong>Syrus</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Question. </strong> </p><p> </p><p>

I go to a local place here and honestly have no interest in newer talent or out of town talent. I get more attached to the guys I know and having new guys who I have no idea about just makes it harder to get into. Unless they debut in a big way or a good or fun gimmick.</p>

<p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 October 2020) Mermaid Beach</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Queensland Tag Team Titles: Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas vs <strong>The S&M Connection</strong></p><p>

<em>They're huge, a real tag team, and they have a manager who can cheat. Boom.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dee Lucketti & Ice Ice Davey</strong> vs The Bat Men</p><p>

<em>Syrus seems to have buggered his push.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Trey Tallman vs <strong>Moonchild</strong></p><p>

<em>Let's not be too heavy on the Heel wins.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Craig Phoenix vs <strong>Elvis Robinson</strong></p><p>

<em>I do love young Elvis.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>God of War</strong> vs Flip Buchanan</p><p>

<em>He's old and slow, but come on, it's Flip.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 October 2020) Mooloolaba</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: Wes Schnorfesst vs <strong>D-Pod</strong></p><p>

<em>Wes is good, but D-Pod is even more awesome.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Trey Tallman vs <strong>Moonchild</strong></p><p>

<em>Peace, Love and Armbars!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dee Lucketti</strong> vs Slugger</p><p>

<em>He's such a jerk!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">BEACH Wrestling presents; Halloween Hervey (Saturday Week 4 October 2020) Hervey Bay</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

Queensland Tag Team Titles: Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas vs <strong>The S&M Connection</strong></p><p>

<em>Same reasoning as before.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Non-Title: Dee Lucketti vs <strong>D-Pod</strong></p><p>

<em>Prepare to be D-Stroyed!</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ice Ice Davey</strong> vs Syrus</p><p>

<em>Beware, Syrus. You're being punished.</em></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Question.</strong> If you were going to a wrestling show every month, at the same venue, how often would you want to see someone new on the show?</p><p>

<em>Ooh, let's ponder this. If I'm coming back to TRBW every month I'm mostly buying the tickets to see the main storylines progress. I want my recognisable heroes and villains. But I wouldn't pay those prices for just one match, so I want a decent midcard to justify my time.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Firstly, I want to see a match that I haven't seen before every single show. Why would I pay to watch the same show more than once?</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Secondly, I'm not paying to see jobbers unless they're really entertaining. Anyone whose momentum has dropped like a stone needs to really entertain me when they're losing, or what's the point?</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

Thirdly, I don't want to see guys who are the same unless they're in a tag team. I don't care how good Wave Rider Luke is, we've already got Lucas.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

So, with all that in mind, how often do I want to see a new face? Let's say... every five or six months, but I don't mind more often, and can go for longer if there are still fresh matchups to make happen.</em></p>

<p>BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 October 2020) Mermaid Beach</p><p>

<em>Thinking that Coonection keeps the tag belts for now.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Dee Lucketti & Ice Ice Davey vs <strong>The Bat Men</strong></p><p>

<em>Named team over team with no name.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Thinking Tallman is higher on the ladders</em></p><p> </p><p>

Craig Phoenix vs <strong>Elvis Robinson</strong></p><p>

<em>Phoenix haven´t done much so far so if you want to give Robinson wins, thinging that this is the plae to do so.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>God of War</strong> vs Flip Buchanan</p><p>

<em>Don´t really see Flip winning a whole lot</em></p><p> </p><p>

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 October 2020) Mooloolaba</p><p>

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: Wes Schnorfesst vs <strong>D-Pod</strong></p><p>

<em>D-Pod keeps the belt he just won.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Same match, same outcome</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dee Lucketti</strong> vs Slugger</p><p>

<em>Though both of these guys are in tag team, I would say Slugger is more of a tag guy and thus could affort to lose singles match more than Lucketti</em></p><p> </p><p>

BEACH Wrestling presents; Halloween Hervey (Saturday Week 4 October 2020) Hervey Bay</p><p>

<em>Same logic than in Gold Cost show </em></p><p> </p><p>

Non-Title: <strong>Dee Lucketti</strong> vs D-Pod</p><p>

<em>Not sure if win here would count towards earning a title shot with likely no-one from Sunshine Coast in audience but lets go that way at any rate.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Ice Ice Davey</strong> vs Syrus</p><p>

<em>Same logic than with Lucketti vs. Slugger although I wonder if I would be better of going with the usual 1-1 record between two tag teams in two singles matches.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Question. If you were going to a wrestling show every month, at the same venue, how often would you want to see someone new on the show?</p><p>

<em>Umm, to be honest, no idea as I don´t really een watch wrestling a lot, much less actually spend time to go into actual shows. That said, I´m usually kind of low build guy who like to figure pecking order before getting things flipped over by new guys (or turns) so probably wouldn´t need to see that many new faces in a year, 1 or 2 a year would likely be enough for me.</em></p>

Dee Lucketti vs Slugger

BEACH Wrestling presents; Halloween Hervey (Saturday Week 4 October 2020) Hervey Bay

Ice Ice Davey vs Syrus

Question. If you were going to a wrestling show every month, at the same venue, how often would you want to see someone new on the show?

I would stay with the regulars, and introducing new talent at your own pace.

Dee Lucketti vs Slugger

Ice Ice Davey vs Syrus

I feel like fairly often, although there's definitely a pretty low limit before adding too many new would have a negative impact. I'd like to see fresh faces pop in and out every now and then, but I'd want a core group of characters to be pretty static

Since this match is happening twice in two shows I think the Surfer Dudes take this encounter and the titles but drop them back at the next show.

I like these two more as a team.

Moonchild is being pushed but I think Tallman has a date with Lucas down the line.

Belt stays with the new champ

Moonchild picks up his revenge here.

Dee Lucketti vs Slugger

This one is kind of a toss-up but since you were wanting more viable heels I think Dee takes the win here.

Interference from Taniko causes Jesse to take the fall, faces can get their heat back with a nice house brawl post-match.

I think D-Pod wins here but there is some shenanigans after the match to set up a title shot.

Ice Ice Davey vs Syrus

This one is just I think Davey has more upside.

Personally, I'd enjoy seeing the same core group of guys and every few months some new faces cycle in and maybe stick around maybe not. I do think that new people showing up every so often does keep things fresher though.

pxLeeMJ.jpg

Saturday Week 2 October 2020

173 in attendance ($1,384 gate)

CMh56Ju.jpg

DALE YOUNG

Welcome to another action packed day of Beach Wrestling!

Today the Queensland Tag Team Titles will be on the line as

Surfer Dude Lucas and Jesse Tasman challenge Taniko Jo's

evil S&M Connection for the belts. Plus we decide a number

one contender for the Gold Coast Heavyweight Title as Trey

Tallman takes on Moonchild. So who's ready for some

Beach Wrestling?

CRAIG PHOENIX VS ELVIS ROBINSON

05g3Vgy.jpgfTZb65K.jpgAC47E16.jpg

Elvis is thrilled to show off his impressive strength early, including with a Stalling Suplex where he encourages the crowd to count the seconds Phoenix is upside down (15!) but Phoenix is crafty, feigning an injury before blindsiding the too-trusting rookie. Elvis gets scorched by the Warbird's looping strikes, but powers free of a facelock! Blue Suede Shoe (Running Boot)! Jailhouse Rock (Tilt a Whirl Slam)! Wrist Clutch Exploder! 1... 2... 3!

ELVIS ROBINSON WINS (10:25)

GOD OF WAR VS FLIP BUCHANAN

VwDKPZ8.jpgfTZb65K.jpgIAgxfAH.jpg

Declaring he won't be distracted by the fans, God of War is completely distracted by the fans. He's almost pinned by a school boy, almost passes out to a sleeper, and is nearly counted out while yelling at a small child. Enraged, he decapitates Flip with a clothesline. Powerbomb. 1. 2. 3.

GOD OF WAR WINS (4:55)

6BU35Fq.jpg4RxMOWV.jpg

DEE LUCKETTI and ICE ICE DAVEY take turns filming each other on their phones in the ring.

DEE LUCKETTI

epic video. Today ladies and gentlemen you're going to see

us beat up two baseball bat wielding morons; The Bat Men.

ICE ICE DAVEY

If everyone on this beach would shut up for a second, I can tell you

that this video is sponsored by BagOnYourHead.com. If you, like our

opponents tonight, are tired of scaring children and being laughed

at for being so ugly; try BagOnYourHead.com.

DEE LUCKETTI

Use our promo code "BaseballSucks" for 10% off.

DEE LUCKETTI & ICE ICE DAVEY

91ctn2h.jpgq2237qn.jpgfTZb65K.jpgcvbwRmq.jpg2LvFoCv.jpg

THE BAT MEN

( Syrus & Slugger)

The Bat Men swing for the fences from the opening pitch, but taking Davey to the outfield backfires when Lucketti recklessly springboards out onto everyone. Dee & Davey isolate Syrus with cocky flips and forearm shivers, but soon Slugger's back up to bat, hitting home runs and socking dingers. Baseball Slide! Panicking, Dee tries another springboard... right into Syrus' Bunt! Strike One! Strike Two! Strike Three! Yooooooooou're Out!

THE BAT MEN WIN (12:05)

CASgiD8.jpg

D-POD

Your eyes do not D-Ceive you, for it's once again

time to listen to the D-Vine voice of the D-Lectable

D-Pod. D-Licious and Nutritious. Too fly to D-Ny, he

soars through the sky with a shimmering twinkle in

his eye. The Bubble King of the Sunshine Coast with

victory on his mind. Come one. Come all. Come

fight the D-Pod.

PAT RIGSBY VS D-POD

3hhCaGF.jpgfTZb65K.jpgBTJINuN.jpg

D-Pod has fun with his arsenal of acrobatics, but Rigsby has the size advantage, and uses it to bludgeon the neck, looking for his patented Stuff Piledriver. The D-Minutive D-Pod won't give up, desperately fighting from underneath, looking for any opportunity to let his moves do the talking. Bulldog! Seated Neck Plant! He tries a huracarana, but Rigsby blocks it. Stuff Piledriver! 1... 2... 3.

PAT RIGSBY WINS (15:12)

GOLD COAST No.1 CONTENDER MATCH

TREY TALLMAN VS MOONCHILD

RDnNCTW.jpgfTZb65K.jpgNkwDLkM.jpg

Moonchild shows his opponent peace, love and armbars, until Tallman extinguishes his momentum with fireman's carry takedowns and grinds the hippy into the mat. Moonchild lets his freak flag fly with groovy punches and far out flying clotheslines, but Tallman has the Summer of 69 (2nd Rope Legdrop) scouted and moves at the last moment. TDT! 1... 2... Moonchild kicks out and Tallman gets frustrated, arguing with the referee. Cheeky Roll Up! 1... 2... Tallman kicks out! Both men unload with right hands, looking for a knock out, until Moonchild hits a wild flying clothesline that sends both men tumbling out of the ring. Moonchild gives Tallman a suplex onto the sands, but Trey grabs his ankle to prevent him crawling back into the ring to beat Referee Glen Lee's count!

DOUBLE COUNT OUT (15:42)

QUEENSLAND TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

CLq00ok.jpg

JESSE TASMAN & SURFER DUDE LUCAS

PdA30w3.jpg1Ikl4yi.jpgfTZb65K.jpgZv7vihD.jpgFmlCybz.jpgiJAC06d.jpg

THE S&M CONNECTION

Smasher & Mauler /w Taniko Jo

Jesse's such a chill dude, he's happy to follow Lucas' lead, using Tandem Beach Breakers and Double Ankle Biters to chop their larger foes down to size. Taniko's interference allows Smasher to smash, and S&M tie Lucas up in their dungeon of deviance, eager to please their Mistress. Lucas refuses to let his Little Dudes down. He wipes Mauler out with a Gnarley Dropkick and makes the tag! Jabs! Chops! Rolling Waves Suplexes! Jesse goes for the Wave Rider (Tornado Bulldog) but Taniko gets on the apron to distract him and he gets Mauled. Running Powerslam! 1... 2... Lucas with the save! All hell breaks loose with all four men throwing hands, and Jo is delighted to see her big bruisers take control, but a double team is foiled when the surfers do a quick switcheroo, and run S&M into each other. Smasher tumbles outside and Lucas dives out after him! Wave Rider to Mauler! 1... 2... 3!

JESSE TASMAN & SURFER DUDE LUCAS WIN! NEW CHAMPIONS (16:22)

Taniko Jo is furious! She berates her men as Jesse and Lucas celebrate their new gold with the Little Dudes in the crowd.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="80%" align="left" valign="center">Welcome to the Show

Teenage Dreams Promo

Dee & Davey vs The Bat Men

D-Pod Promo

Pat Rigsby vs D-Pod

Surfers vs S&M Connection

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast</td><td width="20%" align="left" valign="center">23 / E-

22 / E-

18 / E-

33 / E+

27 / E

41 / D-

31 / E+

36 / D-

43 / D

40 / D-</td></tr></table>

Ticket Sales +$1,384

Merchandise +$ 173

Sponsors +$1,910

Workers -$900

Show Costs -$1,526

Marketing -$100

Production -$250

$691 PROFIT

That's the first time Gold Coast attendance has gone down. One fewer butt in a seat this month.

I thought I'd explain why I booked this show the way I did.

1. After a couple of losses last week, I wanted Elvis to bounce back with a victory, while also continuing his training. Phoenix has skills and experience and the height to not look too ridiculous. I normally wouldn't open with such a skinny heel, but Elvis looks like a superhero so the company doesn't look so bad because of it.
  2. I wanted to give Flip Buchanan more ring time, and he has excellent experience with God of War. The match scored poorly, but Flip got experience, and GoW got a win.
  3. I brought The Bat Men in to be experienced midcard babyfaces, who could babysit my less experienced heels. Dee and Davey are very inexperienced heels. They're going to work a program, and I prefer to start those with the babyfaces shining. This was my first trial of a Mayhem match (instead of Wild Brawl) and it did well to hide Syrus' flaws apparently. He was still the worst one in the match. Ice Ice Davey was the best. He's really excelling in the tag team, whereas Dee seems to be a little better as a single, where he can just do High Spots.
  4. While I want D-Pod to be the King of the Bubbleweights on the Sunshine Coast, I'm liking the idea of his Gold Coast matches being David vs Goliath battles. With his skinny physique and great selling, I think that's a good role for him. Plus working with guys like Pat can only help his iffy psychology. For Pat, this is a big win to boost his perception in the eyes of fans that have seen him lose to the big guns. He's a player. People shouldn't forget it.
  5. A draw between Tallman and Moonchild sets up next month's main event. I've been building these two up since the Brisbane Bash, giving Moonchild wins, keeping Tallman strong even in defeat.
  6. Queensland Tag Team Titles are supposed to be the big belts. Above the Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight. Above the Gold Coast Heavyweight. I needed S&M to get the belts initially to give Taniko credibility (and I almost went back on that) but those guys aren't capable of headlining my spot shows. So I've moved the belts to guys who can.

LBMUitN.jpg

Lots of good responses to my question about new faces. It dawned on me as I was posting the last episode that I've never actually wrestled in front of the same crowd on a monthly basis. I've done monthly shows for the same company, and weekly shows, and tours, but the venues were at best Quarterly. So I was interested what you guys think. I think we're on similar tracks. In private games I REALLY like revolving doors of 3-6 month contracts. One comment stuck out to me...

Thirdly, I don't want to see guys who are the same unless they're in a tag team. I don't care how good Wave Rider Luke is, we've already got Lucas.

I've been meaning to do a look at my babyfaces, much like I did for my heels, and this comment is as good a lead in as any. I definitely tend towards a path-of-least-resistance approach to babyfaces. Good looking, muscular guys in professional looking gear, who smile and high five fans and fight with honour. People who scream "good guy" within seconds of walking through the curtain. Still, that can become redundant over a full night(day) of wrestling, so I need to consider everyone's presentation.

i2YMeBR.jpg8GgfqaA.jpg7puBDVk.jpgCASgiD8.jpgJDc0ovs.jpguaB6SG0.jpgfD2MwRd.jpg

Elvis Robinson (White Trunks, White Boots) White Meat Powerhouse

A prototypical babyface with an as-seen-on-TV look. Generic gear. Generic music. Youth for sympathy.

Wes Schnorfesst (Black Trunks, Black Boots) Straight Laced Technician

He's a German Dean Malenko, a lively presence backstage, but none of that personality translates to the presentation. Generic gear (maybe a small German flag on it). Probably enters to 99 Luftballoons.

Moonchild (Pink or Tie Dye Tights) Hippy.

Throw a bunch of Hippy stuff at an otherwise prototypical babyface. Honestly, a similar act to Tasman, in different tights.

D-Pod (Colourful Kickpads and Pleathers) Cool Customer

A skinny lightweight with gear that hides that as much as possible.

Toby Tough (Ripped Jeans) Resilient Rookie

Going for a bar room brawler idea. Which would have been silly when he was 18 and skinny, and still looks unconvincing now he's 19 and toned.

The Bat Men (Baseball Uniforms) Baseball Loon & Power Hitter

Couple of wild men with bats wearing baseball uniforms. Very different energy to the rest of the babyfaces, which is great.

Of course, that leaves...

HA603cc.jpgLxKYgh8.jpg

Jesse Tasman and Surfer Dude Lucas. They're both Surfers, but considering we're in Australia, on the coast, on beaches... is there room for two flavours of Surfer? I just renamed each of their gimmicks to how I view them. Surfer Boy Next Door and Surfing Superhero. Jesse is a nice young man with a positive attitude who will have your daughter home before curfew. Lucas is a force of nature who surfed into the bowels of hell to save your daughter from a demon, who he decapitated with his bare hands. Jesse's going to work the match as an underdog, selling a lot, fighting from underneath, looking for sympathy from the fans. Lucas fights strong, with even the monster heels having to cheat to get on top, inspiring awe from his Little Dudes. Jesse's entrance is very personable, high fiving kids and interacting with the fans. Lucas sprints to the ring, Ultimate Warrior style. Jesse talks humble. Lucas is righteous fury. Jesse has a toned, lean physique. Lucas is muscles upon muscles. Jesse's actually one of the few guys I haven't asked to bulk up, because I need him different in that respect.

In tags, this is going to results in Jesse taking the heat, and Lucas getting the hot tag. In singles, I hope these two different energies and presentations don't make it too repetitive for crowds.

Oh, and for gear, Jesse wears bermuda shorts and wrestling boots, Lucas wears a singlet/wetsuit hybrid and goes barefoot.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="90%"><tr><td width="30%" align="center" valign="center">b0WOmla.jpg

Saturday Week 3 October 2020

Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast, Queensland

153 in attendance

$1,530 Gate</td><td width="70%" align="left" valign="center">(4 months ago, D-Pod and Jesse Tasman squared off in singles matches to prepare for the Queensland Tag Tournament.)

• Slugger beat Dee Lucketti in 9:43 with Three Strikes (Yooooou're Out!) 27 / E
  • Craig Phoenix beat Elvis Robinson in 9:43 with a Roll Up and a Handful of Tights. 22 / E-
  • Surfer Dude Lucas & Jesse Tasman beat Pat Rigsby & God of War with the Wave Rider after a 9:55 Wild Brawl to retain the Queensland Tag Team Titles. 45 / D
  • Trey Tallman and Moonchild fought to a draw when the time ran out at 15:00. 35 / E+
  • D-Pod beat Wes Schnorfesst in 15:30 with a Moonsault to successfully defend the Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight title. 38 / D-
  • After the high-flying match, the two shook hands, and D-Pod thanked the crowd for coming out, and promising to be back soon. 58 / C-

</td></tr></table>

FINAL RATING: 38 / D-

$ 327 PROFIT

Attendance for Gold Coast was down, but attendance here was up by 14 extra fans. Perhaps the pre-booking was more favourable here... although I can't imagine D-Pod vs Wes would be more attractive than the Queensland Tag match, even with the Bubbleweight babyface's great chemistry as opponents. D-Pod delivered an excellent promo and really good match... but was once again outdone by the Surfer Dude, unleashing a 56 performance in the best match BEACH Wrestling has ever had, even with God of War blowing up half way through it.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="90%"><tr><td width="30%" align="center" valign="center">TL64cTX.jpg

Saturday Week 4 October 2020

Hervey Bay, Queensland

104 in attendance

$1,040 Gate</td><td width="70%" align="left" valign="center">

• Dressed as a sexy vampire, Taniko Jo; Queen of the Haunted Night and Villainess of the Damned, is your ring announcer for the evening. She's flanked by her spooky soldiers; Smasher and Mauler. No costumes required. 36 / D-
  • The Ghost of Elvis beat Craig Skeleton in 10:26 via Wrist Clutch Exploder. 20 / E-
  • After the match, Taniko found the Ghost of Elvis unworthy and ordered her soldiers to attack and send him to the underworld. 30 / E+
  • Ice Ice Mummy beat Bloody-Bat-Attack Syrus in 7:42 with an Icey Blast after throwing sand in Syrus' eyes. 26 / E
  • Impressed by the cold-hearted cheating, Taniko spares Ice Ice Mummy from the beating. 33 / E+
  • Full Moonchild beat Michel Bernard in 11:33 with the Summer of 69. 30 / E+
  • Taniko Jo ordered her spooky soldiers to attack the victor, but Full Moonchild is saved by Queensland Tag Team Champions; Surfer Dude Lucas and Jesse Tasman. They challenge Smasher & Mauler to a match in the main event. 39 / D-
  • Draculucketti beat D-Racula in 15:17 with a Canadian Dee-Stroyer after interference from the Ice Ice Mummy. 31 / E+
  • Surfer Dude Lucas and Jesse Tasman beat The S&M Connection in 15:24 via Spinning Angled Slam on Smasher to retain the Queensland Tag Team Titles. Draculaketti and Ice Ice Mummy tried to interfere, but were chased away by D-Racula and Full Moonchild. 41 / D-
  • After the match, Surfer Dude Lucas, Jesse Tasman, D-Racula and Full Moonchild thanked the fans, and promise to return for some more Totally Radical Beach Wrestling in 2021. 56 / C-

</td></tr></table>

FINAL RATING: 42 / D

$ 443 LOSS

Not too bad a debut in Hervey Bay, and a fun spooky show. The first show without Tallman and Rigsby. I think each of them have missed a show before, but both? Strange.

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="60%" align="left" valign="center">Wrestling on the Gold Coast

Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast

BEACH Wrestling's Halloween Hervey

General Running Costs

General Sponsors

Mail Order Merchandise

October Profit/Loss

Tax</td><td width="40%" align="right" valign="center">$ 691 GAIN

$ 327 GAIN

$ 443 LOSS

$ 504 LOSS

$ 504 GAIN

$ 112 GAIN

$ 687 PROFIT

$ 33 TAX</td></tr></table>

Dale Young takes his usual $731. Remaining Bank Balance $1,501

LBMUitN.jpg

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast (Saturday Week 2 November 2020) Mermaid Beach

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: Trey Tallman vs Moonchild vs Surfer Dude Lucas

Smasher vs Jesse Tasman

God of War vs Elvis Robinson

Craig Phoenix & Michel Bernard vs Wes Schnorfesst & D-Pod

Pat Rigsby, Dee Lucketti & Ice Ice Davey vs The Bat Men & Toby Tough

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 November 2020) Coolum Beach

Sunshine Coast Bubbleweight Title: Michel Bernard vs Wes Schnorfesst vs D-Pod

Mauler vs Jesse Tasman

BEACH Wrestling presents; Inland Stampede (Saturday Week 4 November 2020) Toowoomba

Queensland Tag Team Titles: Michel Bernard & Pat Rigsby vs Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas

Non-Title: Dee Lucketti vs D-Pod vs Wes Schnorfesst

"Jesse is a nice young man with a positive attitude who will have your daughter home before curfew. Lucas is a force of nature who surfed into the bowels of hell to save your daughter from a demon, who he decapitated with his bare hands"

This is a really great way of describing the different that I felt was already coming through in the shows. I agree with both Regis' original comment and your point that beach wrestling can (perhaps should) have more than 1 'surf dude'.

I wasn't surprised to see SDL & JT pick up the titles but was to see the retain, will be interesting to see where they go with the belts.

Also I'm definitely sad that I'm not expecting to get a proper look at some of those Haloween characters, it sounded like a really fun little show.

Gold Coast Heavyweight Title: Trey Tallman vs Moonchild vs Surfer Dude Lucas This feels crazy, but if ever SDL is vulnerable it's in a triple threat when he also has the tag titles.

Smasher vs Jesse Tasman

BEACH Wrestling on the Sunshine Coast (Saturday Week 3 November 2020) Coolum Beach

Mauler vs Jesse Tasman

BEACH Wrestling presents; Inland Stampede (Saturday Week 4 November 2020) Toowoomba

Queensland Tag Team Titles: Michel Bernard & Pat Rigsby vs Jesse Tasman & Surfer Dude Lucas

Smasher vs Jesse Tasman

Mauler vs Jesse Tasman

I love the analysis of the Faces, particularly the differentiation between Lucas as the larger-than-life action hero and Tasman as the man of the people. I hadn't been thinking about them specifically, but looking back, I have had a bit of trouble working out what the specific character differences were.

To go off on a bit of a tangent, I think that this is a factor of how this diary is working as opposed to the more standard format. A written show favours long-form episodic storytelling with detailed character arcs and wordy promos. This is clearly focused on the hypothetical live show experience, where all that storytelling is done through appearances, costumes, entrances and in-ring mannerisms. I like that, it gives the shows a different energy and presents the story of the diary in a different way. Reading this I'm more emotionally invested in the success of the promotion than in the success of any individual star, I'm watching a young business trying to make a go of things. That's fun.

In fact, if you're up for it, I have a suggestion/request. A fan who likes your show is probably going to go on YouTube and see if they can find clips of your stars. You're still so small that a proper camera operator isn't on the cards, but a selection of two-minute promos shot on people's phones just introducing the talent could work. Meet Surfer Dude Lucas, Meet Taniko Jo, Meet D-Pod, that sort of thing. A potential between shows segment, if you've got time.

He's too big, he's too good. Put him on the poster and you will sell tickets.

Smasher vs Jesse Tasman

Ricky Morton eats the loss to keep the challenge going.

The young Elvis shows that he's got guts by overpowering the veteran.

A coin toss, but I'll bet on the Heels here.

Syrus is apparently not being punished as much as I thought, but Toby Tough is the weak link here.

D-spite all the odds, D-Pod D-lights the crowd.

Mauler vs Jesse Tasman

He ate a loss before, but let's not job him out completely.

If the Tag Titles are even more important than your top singles belt, Lucas is definitely not losing.

The sneaky little shit steals a win.

He's huge, he's got to win sometimes.

No need to put the belt elsewhere quite yet.

Smasher vs Jesse Tasman

Thinking S&M get some momentum back after losing twice in last month

I could see this one going either way as War is seeminglt sliding down the pecking order quite bit but Robinson haven´t yet got wins that would make me think he´s more than undercard talent... I go with God of War simply because I tend to pick more established guys until I see enought evidence to go the other way.

Phoenix looks like the weak link here.

Heels look like stronger unit.

Think D-Pod keeps the belt for now.

Same match, same outcome... maybe? I kind of have hard time adjusting the idea that these are pretty much seperated shows towards differend audience (so basically anyone watching this wouldn´t know the result of their previous match) as my natural instinct is to divide the wins to make both guys look strong.

Mauler vs Jesse Tasman

Same logic than woth Smasher vs. Jesse, S&M gets back some of the lost momentum.

They just won the belts, though Bernard & Rigsby probably wouldn´t be a bad pairing to drop the belts eventually.

Non-title (again, guessing it non-title just because this ain´t in Sunshine Coast, not because champ is booked to lose but I haven´t fully adjusted my way of thinking just yet) so going with potential challenger getting the win and Wes is more established in my eyes.

Errr... third time the charm? No, still going with War.

Trey Tallman

If SDL is ever going to lose it (especially this early) it'll be in a multi man match.

Smasher

Gives S and M some momentum to take on the champs

Elvis Robinson

GoW puts over the next big thing and gets his wins back in the lesser shows.

Wes and Pod

Yeah phoenix is the weak link here

Rigsby, Lucketti and Davey

I just think Tough isn't doing anything to make him TRBW material for much longer

Pod

Let him keep the belt

GoW

See above

Tasman

Tasman can't lose to both S and M, it would mean he is being carried by Lucas and that isn't a good look for the number 2 face in the company

Lucas and Tasman

Bernard is not Rigsbys usual partner, so can't see em taking the belts

Wes

Non title means non champion win

GoW

See above pt 2 electric bugaloo.

pxLeeMJ.jpg

Saturday Week 2 November 2020

196 in attendance ($1,568 gate)

CMh56Ju.jpg

DALE YOUNG

Welcome everybody to another exciting day of Beach Wrestling! After

their double count out draw last month, Trey Tallman and Moonchild will

both take on Surfer Dude Lucas for the Gold Coast Heavyweight Title in a

Triple Threat main event. Before-

iJAC06d.jpg

TANIKO JO arrives at the beach, all alone, midriff bare due to the lack of Queensland Tag Team Title belts.

TANIKO JO

I am a Queen and a Queen demands gold. Last month Surfer Dude Lucas

took my belts, so tonight I'm going to take his. That is my ultimate desire,

and I know just the man who is going to bow down and fulfill that desire.

ZCrYiA6.jpg7puBDVk.jpg

SMASHER appears, carrying an unresisting MOONCHILD over his shoulder.

TANIKO JO

Moonchild, you disgusting hippy. You... have potential. Once you were

a skinny twerp, but now you are tall and strong. You could be stronger.

Peace is for the weak. Join me and I will help you become the Gold

Coast Heavyweight Champion. Take your rightful place, bowing at

my feet, and put that belt around my waist. It will be mine.

MOONCHILD

Woah. You can't like... own a title, man.

TANIKO JO

I can and I will. I'm no man. I'm a Queen. A Goddess, and this entire beach

will bow to me. One way or the other.

/w Taniko Jo SMASHER VS JESSE TASMAN

iJAC06d.jpgZv7vihD.jpgfTZb65K.jpgPdA30w3.jpg

Jesse hangs ten early, but isn't strong enough to give the bulky behemoth a body slam. Eager to please his Mistress, Smash ties young Jesse up in a dungeon of deviance, but Jesse's such a chill dude it doesn't get him down. Jabs! Chops! Smasher smashes, but Jesse avoids the Smash Hammer (Elbow Drop)! Biiiiiiiiig Body Slam! Wave Rider (Tornado Bulldog)! 1... 2... 3!

JESSE TASMAN WINS (10:45)

GOD OF WAR VS ELVIS ROBINSON

VwDKPZ8.jpgfTZb65K.jpgAC47E16.jpg

Two muscle men test their mighty strength. G.O.W. is bigger, but Elvis is younger and starts to overpower the veteran. So the War God plays dirty, cheap shotting the too-trusting rookie before delivering big slams and a full nelson. Elvis powers free! Blue Suede Shoe (Running Boot)! Jailhouse Rock (Tilt a Whirl Slam)! He goes for the Wrist Clutch exploder, but God of War bites him! That's not fair! Powerbomb! 1... 2... 3.

GOD OF WAR WINS (9:34)

CRAIG PHOENIX & MICHEL BERNARD VS WES SCHNORFESST & D-POD

05g3Vgy.jpgBhM88qf.jpgfTZb65K.jpggHjysUt.jpgBTJINuN.jpg

D-Pod and Wes combine aerial acrobatics with smooth and sleek German efficiency, until Bernard feigns surrender, and isolates Schnorfesst when he lets his guard down. They can't keep Wes down for long, and soon D-Pod lets the moves do the talking. Bulldog! Seated Neck Plant! Rolling Inverted DDT! He climbs up top for the Moonsault, but Michel flees the ring, choosing to live to fight another day. So Schnorfesst hits Phoenix with the Schnorfesst Bomb (Spinning Back Suplex Bomb) and D-Pod finishes him with the Moonsault instead.

D-POD & WES SCHNORFESST WIN (14:30)

AUSTRALIAN DEVIL VS LEE WILKES

kHs8RSm.jpgfTZb65K.jpgIYGZLIM.jpg

Two newcomers meet for the first time. Looking for a handshake, Wilkes doesn't realise he's dealing with the Prince of Lies, the Arch-Duke of Deception, and an uncontrollable maniac raking at his opponent's flesh with razer sharp fingernails. Wilkes unleashes the Whirlwind. Airplane Spin! Twirling Lariat! Tornado DDT! Alas, AusDev is used to being a bit unbalanced. Springboard Dropkick! Tumbleweed Legdrop! 1... 2... 3!

AUSTRALIAN DEVIL WINS (9:47)

6BU35Fq.jpg4RxMOWV.jpgpiIkBhP.jpg

DEE LUCKETTI and ICE ICE DAVEY take turns filming each other on their phones in the ring. PAT RIGSBY glares at them.

DEE LUCKETTI

epic video. Today ladies and gentlemen we're going to show you

how to get revenge on two baseball bat weilding morons, who totally

cheated to beat us last month.

ICE ICE DAVEY

This video is sponsored by HideMyPC.com. If you want to watch American

Netflix from right here in Queensland, or send insulting comments to

Slugger's daughter on instagram without being tracked by the authorities,

use HideMyPC.com.

DEE LUCKETTI

Try our promo code "ButterFace" to get your first month free, and don't

forget to comment, like and subscribe so you don't miss out on all our

great videos.

PAT RIGSBY

This is stupid. You want revenge? Just drop 'em on their 'eads!

PAT RIGSBY, ICE ICE DAVEY & DEE LUCKETTI VS THE BAT MEN & TOBY TOUGH

3hhCaGF.jpgq2237qn.jpg91ctn2h.jpg

9o6XwjD.jpg

cvbwRmq.jpg2LvFoCv.jpgj9EPxLJ.jpg

The Bat Men swing for the fences from the opening pitch, until Rigsby manages to isolate Tough in the villain's corner. The young 'influencers' take turns filming each other doing cocky flips and forearm shivers, quickly frustrating their partner, who tries his patented Stuff Piledriver too early. Big Backdrop! Now Slugger's back up to bat, hitting home runs and socking dingers! Baseball slide to Davey! Dee springboards into Syrus' bunt! Three Strikes! Davey's out, but Rigsby throws Lucketti into the Bat Men and hits the Stuff Piledriver on Tough for the win.

PAT RIGSBY & THE STREAMSTARS WIN (13:13)

GOLD COAST HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

RuAFRXy.jpg

TREY TALLMAN VS MOONCHILD VS SURFER DUDE LUCAS

RDnNCTW.jpgfTZb65K.jpgNkwDLkM.jpgfTZb65K.jpg1Ikl4yi.jpg

Tallman outwrestles Moonchild. Lucas overpowers Tallman. Moonchild out-strikes Lucas, much to the champion's surprise. The 6'3 Hippy uses his long reach to deliver groovy punches... until Tallman nails him from behind to extinguish his momentum. Tallman grinds Moonchild into the mat, looking for a victory without having to beat the champion, but he can only keep knocking Lucas off of the apron for so long. Beach Breakers! Ankle Biters! Lucas tries a Superplex, but Moonchild gets underneath him. Stacked Up Stupid Plex! He covers Lucas! 1... 2... Kick out! He covers Tallman! 1... 2... Kick out!

iJAC06d.jpg

Moonchild looks frustrated and here comes TANIKO JO, throwing the hippy a spiked collar before climbing onto the apron to distract the referee. Moonchild picks it up, looks at it... and throws it aside!

Trey Tallman catches it!

Tallman uses the collar to deliver a knock out punch to Moonchild! Another to Lucas! The referee turns around! 1... 2... 3!

TREY TALLMAN WINS! NEW CHAMPION (17:18)

Tallman quickly throws the foreign object into the sea as the referee gets him the title, and flees through the crowd before Moonchild or Lucas can regain consciousness. Taniko Jo can't believe it!

LBMUitN.jpg

<table width="50%"><tr><td width="80%" align="left" valign="center">Welcome to the Taniko Jo Show

Smasher vs Jesse Tasman

Phoenix & Bernard vs D-Pod & Schnorfesst

Australian Devil vs Lee Wilkes

StreamStars Promo

Rigsby & StreamStars vs Tough & Bat Men

Tallman vs Moonchild vs Surfer Dude

BEACH Wrestling on the Gold Coast</td><td width="20%" align="left" valign="center">30 / E+

40 / D-

22 / E-

40 / D-

33 / E+

33 / E+

30 / E

45 / D

42 / D-</td></tr></table>

Ticket Sales +$1,568

Merchandise +$ 196

Sponsors +$1,786

Workers -$1,320

Show Costs -$1,529

Marketing -$100

Production -$250

$351 PROFIT

I bring back Original Lone Rider and the wrestling improves? Who'd have thunk it? Ol' Lonely was getting pretty mad on the sidelines, and I think I can afford to use him now and again. A lot of my guys appear to have the skills to be decent enough road agents. They have psychology. They have experience. But they lack Respect. Unless you've made a real impact, you can't raise that above 50. And none of my guys have had major runs anywhere. Except the Original Lone Rider.

No chemistry between God & Elvis, who is a bummer as they seem like ideal opponents, and are booked on the loop together. Elvis has further improved his physique to Ripped. What a dazzler.

Two debuts. Australian Devil and Whirlwind Lee Wilkes are both interesting guys, who live locally, that I was planning on bringing in for next month's River City Rumble. I had an opening so I thought I'd start them early. Definite clash of styles. DIW's AusDev is a wild aerial hardcore guy, while APW's Wilkes in much more traditional and bland. They're on short term deals, to add variety to a few cards. Young AusDev is a good fit to work with the experienced Bubbleweights, while veteran Wilkes could help guide my young heels.

Also I'm definitely sad that I'm not expecting to get a proper look at some of those Haloween characters, it sounded like a really fun little show.

Yeah. I regret not making that a full show. I think next year's Halloween will be in Brisbane, with a full write up, while also being half a step off continuity as all Halloween Specials should be. I love Halloween shows. I always forgot about them until the last minute in my CGC diaries. The 5-way Monster Mask match was a fun bit of nonsense to add to storylines.

To go off on a bit of a tangent, I think that this is a factor of how this diary is working as opposed to the more standard format. A written show favours long-form episodic storytelling with detailed character arcs and wordy promos. This is clearly focused on the hypothetical live show experience, where all that storytelling is done through appearances, costumes, entrances and in-ring mannerisms. I like that, it gives the shows a different energy and presents the story of the diary in a different way. Reading this I'm more emotionally invested in the success of the promotion than in the success of any individual star, I'm watching a young business trying to make a go of things. That's fun.

I wanted a happy medium between the diaries I'm used to writing (full write-ups) and the private games I usually play (finance focus, lots of local shows) and it's kind of working for me. I think there's a disconnect between reading the Gold Coast show post, and becoming invested in the kayfabe characters, and the second post which is more about the company and performers. Two realities. Three including me writing and playing the game. Not that I want to ditch any of them, but I tend to want to limit realities in my projects. I may play with the schedule in 2021/2022 that will change the flow of posts, and improve things.

Same match, same outcome... maybe? I kind of have hard time adjusting the idea that these are pretty much seperated shows towards differend audience (so basically anyone watching this wouldn´t know the result of their previous match) as my natural instinct is to divide the wins to make both guys look strong.

I'm booking a lot of 'touring' shows (without using that function in-game) but TEW is designed for weekly storytelling, with everyone seeing everything. If I book the same match on all three shows, the question becomes how I want that impacting their momentum. Do I want one guy doing a clean sweep? Or do I split the victories? And then how does that change the flow of the show? Can't have too many heels going over in one night, can we?

In fact, if you're up for it, I have a suggestion/request. A fan who likes your show is probably going to go on YouTube and see if they can find clips of your stars. You're still so small that a proper camera operator isn't on the cards, but a selection of two-minute promos shot on people's phones just introducing the talent could work. Meet Surfer Dude Lucas, Meet Taniko Jo, Meet D-Pod, that sort of thing. A potential between shows segment, if you've got time.

I don't think I would be promoting Totally Radical Beach Wrestling on YouTube at this stage. Social Media can be a good marketing tool, but it depends on what you're selling and who you want to sell to. There's a lot of downside to exposing yourself to a global audience before you're ready, and our shows aren't ready. A lot of our guys especially aren't ready, and need a place where they can suck for a while without the world seeing it. You only get one chance to make a first impression, and I don't want the world getting their first impressions of Dee Lucketti or Ice Ice Davey or Jesse Tasman until they're really good.

I wouldn't stop the wrestlers from promoting themselves on YouTube with promos and highlight reels, but I'm not going to do it myself. Call me old school, but I think a well placed photograph of God of War in the right place can sell more tickets than a promo on YouTube.

As for the idea of adding character segments between the shows, I don't know how much character these guys have. There's the difference between a TV character, with history and motivations told over long-form series, and a live event character, who is an archetype/elevator pitch/trope to perform for 10 minutes, and then evaporate. If Surfer Dude Lucas makes it to RAW, I'm sure they'll give him all sorts of interesting elements. On the BEACH, he is a superhero babyface... and there doesn't need to be much more to it.

I'm back in the office full time, despite certain governmental warnings, so this project is slowing down a bit. I went a little buck wild to begin with, practically posting two months a week. Let's get into a nice routine of one-a-week. Splitting up the two posts when I'm behind.

Question: What do you consider to be the best finishers in the C-Verse? When I was in the ring, kids would chant for the RKO (and I'd happily oblige) but without an Orton in this universe, what do you think kids will be most excited to see?

That would be the moves of the biggest workers in the biggest companies, so let's look there.

In USPW, newly-crowned number one promotion worldwide, Rich Money, Steve Frehley and Nicky Champion are Major Stars. The Hawkeye Hammer (clap clap clapclapclap) sounds like something you could chant for, maybe the Bank Roll or Frehley's Comet as well.

In the SWF Remo has The Destroyer, which has to be popular because it's Remo, and the move is called The Destroyer, so it's cool. No question. If Rocky Golden's Rocky Road is the punch to the nuts I imagine it to be, that's definitely popular.

Nobody chants for Tommy Cornell's Rough Ride, because he's too good. The kind of people who love Tommy Cornell don't chant for indie randomers to do his moves.