Can't outbid other company

Hi. I have an issue in my came and I honestly don't know if it is supposed to be this way or if it is a glitch.

I just started a new game by creating my own company and I am in the middle of hiring what I see as the best talent on the market. BHOTWG also has their eyes on a couple of the wrestlers I am trying to sign and offer them around 11,000 a month but no matter how high I go they still don't consider having me as first priority. I tried offering 100,000 and they still say that BHOTWG has a better offer. Is it supposed to be this way, am I a moron that has missed something, or is this a glitch as it seems weird that I can't outbid another company?

Other things clearly get taken into account, but I think you guys are missing the point a little. The amount of other things shouldn't make up for the fact that BHOTWG are offering 11k and he's offering 100k. That's a different of over a million dollars a year.

Other things clearly get taken into account, but I think you guys are missing the point a little. The amount of other things shouldn't make up for the fact that BHOTWG are offering 11k and he's offering 100k. That's a different of over a million dollars a year.

If it's a company with low prestige...then it does make sense. You don't want to risk singing onto a sinking ship and if the wrestler "Loves the Business", even more so

What? You take your million dollars a year and then if the company goes under you sign somewhere else. No one in the world would sign for 1/10th the money because they "love the business."

"Loves the business" specifically says that workers will put a premium on how happy they'd be in a company rather than the money offered. "Fame hungry" is another one that puts the size of a company over the money offer.

There's a lot of factors that can come into play. We don't know how big or prestigious this player's new company is, what his negotiation skill is, what his exact offers and the counteroffers are, or what attributes the workers in question have.

What? You take your million dollars a year and then if the company goes under you sign somewhere else. No one in the world would sign for 1/10th the money because they "love the business."

Let's say it's real life:

WWE offers you 100k/year with 25k up front 20% of merch and 20% bonus/event, iron clad guaranteed

New company offers you: 500k/nothing else

I think lots of people would take the "safe" contract even though it's way less money, because there's no guarantee the new company won't go under in six months and you're unemployed

You need to be better than the whole offer. Honestly if there bigger than you then that can be a factor too. I mean imagine if impact and wwe made you the same offer. You probably choose wwe.

Probably a bad example, this. Nowadays, if a worker is concerned about being misused (or not used at all), unless they're the mercenary type, they might take that Impact offer. Sometimes it's better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in an ocean.

I completely agree with RocheBag but that's not how TEW works. Workers seem to value event bonuses above monthly pay, which makes zero sense in reality. In no sport in the world does an event bonus (or any bonus aside from 'signing bonus' ) get valued above guaranteed base pay. I've posted in other threads examples of offers I've made that have been poo-poo'd by workers simply because I didn't include an event bonus. Like when I was stealing Amber Allen from CWA and they offered her 9700 a month with a 9700 signing bonus and a 20% event bonus. I offered her 30k a month, 1mil signing bonus and no event bonus (because I often gave the entire roster a bonus while booking the event) and she called CWA's offer better. Maybe the workers are bad at basic arithmetic.

For the OP, look at BHOTWG's offer and match EVERY SINGLE PART OF IT and then offer more guaranteed money (monthly + signing bonus). The problem you're having is that you're not matching the important bits. Give the exact same event bonus as the competing offer(s) with more money and you'll win ("Your offer is currently the only one he is seriously considering").

"Loves the business" specifically says that workers will put a premium on how happy they'd be in a company rather than the money offered. "Fame hungry" is another one that puts the size of a company over the money offer.

There's a lot of factors that can come into play. We don't know how big or prestigious this player's new company is, what his negotiation skill is, what his exact offers and the counteroffers are, or what attributes the workers in question have.

I understand how the attributes work but it shouldn't be so black and white. They should take the company they think they would be happiest at within reason. Turning down literally 10x the money is not reasonable.

Let's say it's real life:

WWE offers you 100k/year with 25k up front 20% of merch and 20% bonus/event, iron clad guaranteed

New company offers you: 500k/nothing else

I think lots of people would take the "safe" contract even though it's way less money, because there's no guarantee the new company won't go under in six months and you're unemployed

It was over a million, 10x what the other company offered. And if the new company goes under in 6 months you still made way more money there than you would've in 3 years at WWE. That's the point. When the money is reasonably close it should absolutely be based on other things. When its 10x more than the next closest offer? No one turns that down.

Thanks for the answers guys. I am probably still too used to TEW16 where I could just outbid on monthly salary and everything else mattered next to nothing. It is probably on purpose that Adam made all the other factors more important so you can't just go Bischoff in the signing department. For the record, started a new game and created a new company on the easy mode, which means I am the fourth biggest company right out of the gate but for obvious reasons have 0 momentum. If it makes any difference, I turned area restrictions off, as they don't seem to make sense to me in this time and even in a previous game that I abandoned, I could talk every worker into working in the US so the restriction wasn't that important anyways to me.

I've a similar issue as BHOTWG with wrestlers who are loyal to smaller companies...

I mean, I can offer Razan $150K a month plus other perks, but he won't sign exclusively with me because he's loyal to BCG who are paying him $1520 per show on a handshake deal?

Just how loyal are Japanese wrestlers in RL?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ampulator" data-cite="ampulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51246" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just a question, but has someone posted about this in Tech Support? Maybe he can adjust some of this.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is part of why I asked in the first place because I simply didn't know if it was supposed to be this way or not. I matched every single thing on my offers and given perks like creative control given 10 times the money and the wrestlers still think the other offer is better. To me it looks like a glitch but I asked because I might have missed something but I don't think I have unless momentum is infinitely more important than anything else.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
That is part of why I asked in the first place because I simply didn't know if it was supposed to be this way or not. I matched every single thing on my offers and given perks like creative control given 10 times the money and the wrestlers still think the other offer is better. To me it looks like a glitch but I asked because I might have missed something but I don't think I have unless momentum is infinitely more important than anything else.

At this point, I think it's intended. But this just gives human players yet another advantage in that we can bid up workers and leave competitors with bad contracts. And if we really want a worker, we know exactly how to get them.

That is part of why I asked in the first place because I simply didn't know if it was supposed to be this way or not. I matched every single thing on my offers and given perks like creative control given 10 times the money and the wrestlers still think the other offer is better. To me it looks like a glitch but I asked because I might have missed something but I don't think I have unless momentum is infinitely more important than anything else.

I'm with you on this, I even posted it in the Small Questions thread. I'm almost certain I was matching the event bonuses too.... but the one issue I may have faced is, at the time, I had very few events on the schedule because I was adding them as and when I wanted them. I didn't know if the game was smart enough for people to take that into consideration when negotiating contracts... maybe it's not, but that's the only explanation I could find.

Other than that, I do think something is broken. I can match an offer EXACTLY, and offer them 5 times the monthly pay as well as matching all the other benefits, and they still won't consider it.

I've a similar issue as BHOTWG with wrestlers who are loyal to smaller companies...

I mean, I can offer Razan $150K a month plus other perks, but he won't sign exclusively with me because he's loyal to BCG who are paying him $1520 per show on a handshake deal?

Just how loyal are Japanese wrestlers in RL?

Loyalty is loyalty in the game and can’t be overridden. I suppose the game isn’t advanced to the stage the worker can turn round and try and negotiate a deal where he can work on both and his only choice is to reject.

Basically he’s not saying he won’t sign for you, he says he’s not willing to sign an exclusive contract and in real life he would trying to work out a deal for him to work non exclusive.

When you say you matched everything.

Contract type:

Contract length:

Usage:

Whilst offering more perks and 10x more money?