Severely burnt out fans

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shadowmaster" data-cite="shadowmaster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51467" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>At my PPV, my final card score suffered because my fans were severely burnt out even though I had a calm the crowd match prior to the main event. Any tips on dealing with this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How long was the PPV?</p>

I've found 3 hours is the sweet spot. I was running a 90 min TV show the same day as my Event for a bit (before I knew better) and was noticing with a couple pre-show matches on each card that my last couple of matches were not grading well. Moved the TV show, and now my longest Event is a 2.5 hour end of year show with some overrun, that I also book very carefully. Have not noticed any dip in match scores...and in fact, I've been steadily improving my Main Event scores.

I'd say you can maybe flirt with 4 hour shows, but you'd better really balance it out with cool down matches...and even then, hurting your big matches in the Main Event so you can cram one or two more matches in at the bottom of the card just doesn't make sense. I'll just stick loose guys in a 6 man tag in the preshow so they don't get mad at me for not being booked on the event, and book them in a proper match the next TV show.

Read the burnout section of the handbook. it's strictly the length of the show, not too many exciting matches in a row (that's something else and I'm not sure what it's crowd).

Cheers...this is one of those things that I knew and forgot. Lol!

My issue comes from loading up the pre-show!

My issue comes from loading up the pre-show!

This is what did it for me too. Cut back to 2 15-18 min pre show matches...maybe a 3rd...just to get the crowd settled and warmed up...and then the show starts. As a fan I could see a 1-1.5 hour pre show kind of sucking some of your 'fan energy' before the big show starts so it really does make sense from a realism standpoint. Big year end event with huge matches? Might hold an audiences attention longer...

I've found 3 hours is the sweet spot. I was running a 90 min TV show the same day as my Event for a bit (before I knew better) and was noticing with a couple pre-show matches on each card that my last couple of matches were not grading well. Moved the TV show, and now my longest Event is a 2.5 hour end of year show with some overrun, that I also book very carefully. Have not noticed any dip in match scores...and in fact, I've been steadily improving my Main Event scores.

I'd say you can maybe flirt with 4 hour shows, but you'd better really balance it out with cool down matches...and even then, hurting your big matches in the Main Event so you can cram one or two more matches in at the bottom of the card just doesn't make sense. I'll just stick loose guys in a 6 man tag in the preshow so they don't get mad at me for not being booked on the event, and book them in a proper match the next TV show.

I try to do 2 hour events with lots of multi-man matches (I'm especially found of the 3-way and 4-way tag matches). I usually save 2 & 1/2 or 3 hour events for shows that have tournaments.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51467" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I try to do 2 hour events with lots of multi-man matches (I'm especially found of the 3-way and 4-way tag matches). I usually save 2 & 1/2 or 3 hour events for shows that have tournaments.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've yet to book any 3 way singles matches, or multi-team 3-Way/4-Way matches in my fed. Building up the stables now as the company gets bigger, so I can see more 6-man and even 8-man tag's, but I'm not as fond of the flow of multi-team matches in real life, so I'm hesitant to book them in game. That said, I'm sure you can crank out some gem matches with all that chaos and keep guys engaged and improving that way. Thanks for the tip.</p>

Dude, 6 hours and 15 minutes?? What were you doing?? SuperWrestleManiaCade?? LOL.

LOL, no he was doing an early 90s WWF TV taping.

OK it was only 5 hours. Four warm up, get the camera set up properly matches, three one hour episodes of Superstars, 4 or so matches exclusively for Prime Time and Flair © vs Hogan for the WWF title in the main event (not on TV but probably used on a home video).

BTW: Flair vs Hogan was one of the two advertised matches that actually happened. The other three were altered to accommodate no shows (Jake and LOD) and wrestlers that changed alignment after the matches were advertised (Sid, Taker). Still a fun night but long. I was "burned out" lol.

edit to add: one interesting tidbit was that the face turns for Taker and the Natural Disasters had been taped but not shown yet (it took almost three weeks before I started seeing the matches on TV I had watched that night). So they attacked heels but the attacks weren't shown on TV. This was to get the crowd behind them so when they came out to wrestle later on the crowd would react appropriately. (That wouldn't be needed or even work today).