DOTM Nominations - July 2020

Nominations Close: August 14th

Diary Active Dates: 1st-31st July 2020

http://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/DOTM%20Rules%202020.jpg

http://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/achievementslink.jpghttp://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/historybooklink.jpg

http://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/dotynominationslink.jpghttp://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/discordlink.jpg

http://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/facebooklink.jpghttp://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/twitterlink.jpg

http://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/diarytipslink.jpghttp://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/toolboxlink.jpg

http://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/blogdiaryslink.jpghttp://homeofprowrestling.com/Graphics/DOTM%20Award%20Images/DOTM%20Graphics%20Rule%20Wall/Rules%202020/wallofacclaimlink.jpg

Veteran Members:

angeldelayette

Beejus

Bigelow Cartwheel

DarK_RaideR

Dragonmack

dse81

Eisen-Verse

Historian

James Casey

jhd1

michgcs

MrWolf101

Nevermore

NoNeck

Phantom Stranger

Self

The Final Countdown

The Lloyd

Tigerkinney

Togg

Tristram

Uncrewed

Wildfire1324

Nomination Template

Rookie Real World

All Elite Wrestling: Are You #AllElite? by Dalton

ECW 1994 : an unexpected NWA resurrection project by BigJ

A Change in the Landscape by corporate_icon

All Japan Pro Wrestling (1983): The King's Road to Glory by rogue

New Japan Pro Wrestling - King of Sports by joemurphy

Paul Heyman's TNA 2010 | The Young, Hungry, Aggressive Alternative! by 20LEgend

Rookie C-Verse/Fictional

OLLIE: Resurrection by Willsky

CWA: Canada's Unrivalled Giants by Xendarii

TCW: Gathering Storm by Devilb0y

RAW Attitude! by christmas_ape

Invincible Pro Wrestling: The Birth of the West Coast Wars by praguepride

TCW: The Texan Rides Again by dbritton987

EMLL: Strange Lucha Things by LaEstrella

Lionnesses of Wrestling: From the Ground Up by Blake Trask

White Canvas Grappling [C-Verse] by CGN91

The Invincible Vibert by DarEatWorld

Veteran Real World

Saving the Legacy by Togg

ECW: Hardcore Revolution by Bigelow Cartwheel

Veteran C-Verse/Fictional

Jack Bruce: The Giant of RAW by The Lloyd

BCG: Lions of Puroresu by DarK_Raider

SWF: The Evolution of Supreme by EisenVerse

No Ordinary Men by Historian

Showcase

Suki's Post Show Promo at Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix in BCG: Lions of Puroresu by DarK_RaideR

Kenny Omega's Heel Turn on Adam Page at All Out All Elite Wrestling: Are You #AllElite? by Dalton

The hype-up and debut of "The ONE" YASUHIKO TAIRA in Warrior Engine 2020 The Family Legacy by FINisher

Philipe LeGrenier quits CWI in No Ordinary Men by Historian

Ending to the Mid Season Finale in Jack Bruce: The Giant of RAW by The Lloyd

Debut of John Blackfyre in TCW: Gathering Storm by Devilb0y

Match

Suki def. Big Bruiser Findly at Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix in BCG: Lions of Puroresu by Dark_Raider

Funakoshi defending the BCG World Title against Razan Okamoto at the Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix BCG: Lions of Puroresu by Dark_RaideR

Aztec Temple Match in EMLL: Strange Lucha Things by LaEstrella

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Mickey Whipwreck in ECW: Hardcore Revolution by Bigelow Cartwheel

Event

Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix in BCG: Lions of Puroresu by DarK_Raider Awesome Impact in SWF: The Evolution of Supreme by EisenVerse

WCG 2nd Anniversary in White Canvas Grappling [C-Verse] by CGN91

Mid Season Finale in Jack Bruce: The Giant of RAW by The Lloyd

Avatar of Chaos in EMLL: Strange Lucha Things by LaEstrella

Destination X in Paul Heyman's TNA 2010 | The Young, Hungry, Aggressive Alternative! by 20LEgend

Nomination Template

Rookie Real World

[Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Rookie C-Verse/Fictional

[Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Veteran Real World

[Diary/Link] by [Writer]

[Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Showcase

[New Diary], [shock Signing], [shock Push], [shock Title Win], [shock Turn], [Worker], [Face Worker], [Heel Worker], [Tag Team], [stable], [Champion], [Angle], [storyline], [Rocky Maivia], [Graphics]

[Prefix Category] - [showcase Moment] in [Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Match

[Match @ Event] in [Diary/Link] by [Writer]

Event

[Event] in [Diary/Link] by [Writer]

I will add a few of mine.

Rookie Real World

ECW 1994 : an unexpected NWA resurrection project by BigJ

This diary is off to a great start and I am liking this anti-hardcore ECW

All Elite Wrestling: Are You #AllElite? by Dalton

Dalton continues to have some great shows in AEW and his take feels more organic.

Rookie C-Verse/Fictional

OLLIE: Resurrection by Willsky

Even though this diary just had it's last show posted, still it deserves a spotlight for giving us a fantastic insight into the world of OLLIE

CWA: Canada's Unrivalled Giants by Xendarii

Fantastic stuff taking the latest top dog of Canada.

Historian's Nominations for July Diary of the Month

Rookie Real World

A Change in the Landscape by corporate_icon -- I think this diary is probably flying under the radar and is very good. It's set in 1995 and has accumulated a heck of a roster. It presents an interesting spin on an alternate history -- what if Rupert Murdoch got into wrestling in 1995? Corporate_Icon's presentation style is evolving and he/she might have the best commentary write ups on the boards.

Lucha Underground: Return to the Temple by kanegan

Rookie C-Verse/Fictional

TCW: The Texan Rides Again by dbritton987

EMLL: Strange Lucha Things by LaEstrella

Lionnesses of Wrestling: From the Ground Up by Blake Trask

Veteran Real World

Saving the Legacy by Togg - I seem to consistently nominate this diary, but Togg continues to put out quality content that always looks period-appropriate

ECW: Hardcore Revolution by Bigelow Cartwheel - BC continues to do great work.

BCG: Lions of Puroresu by DarK_Raider - DR continues to pump out great quality content and deserves to be nominated.

SWF: The Evolution of Supreme by EisenVerse - EV continues to string together high quality show after high quality show with great production values.

Showcase

Suki's Post Show Promo at Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix in BCG: Lions of Puroresu by DarK_RaideR

Match

Suki def. Big Bruiser Findly at Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix in BCG: Lions of Puroresu by Dark_Raider

Event

Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix in BCG: Lions of Puroresu by Dark_Raider

Awesome Impact in SWF: The Evolution of Supreme by EisenVerse

Rookie Real World

All Japan Pro Wrestling (1983): The King's Road to Glory [by rogue] I love me some old school wrestling and I love me some Japanese wrestling, and rogue has done a good job bringing it to life.

Rookie C-Verse/Fictional

White Canvas Grappling [C-Verse] [by CGN91] A created company isn't an easy task to do for a while imo, especially as a diary. CGN has not only been consistent but has done it with quality for two in-game years, just passing the 2 year anniversary recently. It's a good look of how to write for a Japanese company.

No Ordinary Men [by Historian] This is one of my favorite diaries to read. I really enjoy the mix of old school throwback with the new school era. Consistentally awesome!

Showcase

Kenny Omega's Heel Turn on Adam Page at All Out All Elite Wrestling: Are You #AllElite? [by Dalton]

Match

Funakoshi defending the BCG World Title against Razan Okamoto at the Yoshifusa Maeda Grand Prix BCG: Lions of Puroresu [by Dark_RaideR]

Event

WCG 2nd Anniversary White Canvas Grappling[C-Verse] by CGN91

The build for this card made the last two matches so good for me. Not gonna spoil anything but I really enjoyed the card.

I wanna nominate joemurphy's NJPW, think it would be in Rookie Real World, right? Either way, it's the perfect NJPW game to me. Realistic, a few spices of personal fantasy booking and new names, perfectly clean and direct presentation, very visual without relying too much on images and graphics. Just everything I like about diary writing is here.

Nominations

Rookie Real World

My picks have already been nominated

Rookie C-Verse/Fictional

The Invincible Vibert by DarEatWorld

Veteran Real World

Showcase

Rookie Real World

20Legend: TNA I feel like this is the perfect example of a great real world diary that's still completely realistic, essentially there's only been slight tweaks but over time it's diverted tna history just enough that what some people view as a dark time for tna is being built up as a great show that would have kept tna on the right path.

I think most of what I was planning on nominating for the actual DOTM has been but there's some brilliant shows missing from early on the month which I think can often slip under the radar by the time it comes to voting. Hopefully I can rectify that now...

Showcase

The Lloyd's RAW: Ending to the Mid Season Finale Especially if you include the post match angle then this ending to the show created a memorable moment. Even if you take away the title vs title ladder match, just the conclusion to the slow burn Riley/Doug angle was great to see.

DevilB0y: Debut of John Blackfyre Whilst the whole PPV was good, it was this moment that stood out to me as great. I think I actually nominated the build up to this moment last month but the reveal didn't let me down! He's definitely got a challenge ahead of himself to keep up his mystique (especially has he has very low popularity in game) but he's done a good job so far.

Match

La Estrella: Aztec Temple Match Could have picked a few different matches from this diary, and even just from this event, but when I thought back before re-reading this was the one I remembered the most, perhaps mostly for the debut of Nacash.

Bigelow_Cartwheel: Bam Bam Bigelow vs Mickey Whipwreck This show also had Road Dogg in ECW and a good main event but Mickey shocking the world and winning the title is what gets my vote.

Event

The_Lloyd: RAW's Mid Season Finale

Did everything a mid season finale should do, concluded a lot of great long running storylines but also created a buzz for the second half. Whole show top to bottom was fantastic.

La Estrella: Avatar of Chaos This event had everything... fantastic battle royale, the aforementioned aztec temple match, a huge main event with an important title change... and much more included the DEATH of Pyromaniac!

2020LEgend: Destination X

You got Styles vs Joe, Wolfe vs Hardy, Beer Money vs MCMG, Angle vs Anderson and more. And that bizarre WrestleMania card!