Jim Cornette is God

rman129

This is a thread to talk about Jim cornette. You can praise or be negative about him. Have fun with this thread. Do Jim cornette trivia. Talk about Jim Cornette latest news. Do Jim cornette trivia. Post pictures of Jim cornette. Basically anything you want you can do here.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is incredibly unneeded. The racist/sexist idiot doesn't need his own thread.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don’t think he’s racist, sexist, or an idiot.</p>

<p>I like Jim Cornette. I like his podcast. Granted, because I've mostly heard things just from his side, but I've never gotten the sense that he's racist. He told a racist joke, sure, but I don't equate jokes with malice, particularly when it's a performer telling it. Otherwise, nothing on his podcast downplaying anyone because of their race.</p><p> </p><p>

Sexist? I can agree with that... Again, not maliciously, but he definitely judges performers based on their gender, and has a dismissive view of women's wrestling. There are some women he likes, but the rest get fast-forwarded.</p><p> </p><p>

I won't speak on predatorial, because I only heard one side. The allegations towards him didn't hit the news sites I go to.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="parkereddy" data-cite="parkereddy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I.... what? He deserves respect for his knowledge and ability in the wrestling sphere. But to deny his racist, sexist, predatorial past? Why do you feel the need to do that?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think he's racist or sexist now. He's learned his lesson and is a better person. As for him being predatory, I won't comment because there is not enough evidence, and in America you are innocent until proven guilty.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Wonk" data-cite="Wonk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's extremely rude. Jim Cornett is not crap. It's not okay to cuss at me. Please don't be mean to me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can you guys please stop with the mocking. It's hurting my feelings. Thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rman129" data-cite="rman129" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't think he's racist or sexist now. He's learned his lesson and is a better person. As for him being predatory, I won't comment because there is not enough evidence, and in America you are innocent until proven guilty.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The nature of how sexual assault cases work in this country means that a huge, huge majority of cases go without a conviction. Jim Cornette was accused by multiple people, and the stories add up. </p><p> </p><p> He was fired over a racist comment literally last year. Statements like he made cause people serious harm and I don't think any kind of "apology" or "learning his lesson" will change that. His sexism is also violently apparent in nearly all his interactions with women, or anytime he talks about them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rman129" data-cite="rman129" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you guys please stop with the mocking. It's hurting my feelings. Thanks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Boo hoo. You do something stupid, you're going to get mocked.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Questlove" data-cite="Questlove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some trivia on Jim Cornette: he's a racist, sexist idiot who is even more out of touch with wrestling than he is with his wife when all the OVW trainees are running a train on her</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I disagree.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Boo hoo. You do something stupid, you're going to get mocked.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You’re not nice to me. Does it hurt to be nice?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rman129" data-cite="rman129" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You’re not nice to me. Does it hurt to be nice?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You act like a bratty child. No reason to be nice to you. Sorry champ.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You act like a bratty child. No reason to be nice to you. Sorry champ.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You should be nice to be everyone.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rman129" data-cite="rman129" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You should be nice to be everyone.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'll try to be nicer if you try to act like an adult.</p><p> </p><p> Seriously, how old are you? You talk about how wrestling was better in the 80s but act like a 12 year old.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Questlove" data-cite="Questlove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some trivia on Jim Cornette: he's a racist, sexist idiot who is even more out of touch with wrestling than he is with his wife when all the OVW trainees are running a train on her</div></blockquote><p> knowledge is power, thank you</p>

<p>Jim can be entertaining, and has incredible knowledge of the industry (likely out of touch with the current product, and frankly his hatred for Russo was funny the first dozen or so times, but afterwards just meh).</p><p> </p><p>

I don't have to like him personally to learn something from him.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is incredibly unneeded. The racist/sexist idiot doesn't need his own thread.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've never been less surprised in my whole life. </p><p> </p><p> Dinosaur, absolutely. But all of the Young Buck minions who still to this day run around trying to smear the guy with accusations of running a sex ring in OVW 15 years after he had anything to do with the place are fascinating to me. Although, watching him try to not embarrass his wife for sending random dudes pictures on the internet was a great 1hr in podcasting history. "I guess I'm guilty of having an interesting sex life" a hall of fame level defense right there with the Chewbacca defense. </p><p> </p><p> Jim is Jim, He likes off-colour jokes, and harkens back to an era where women got into wrestling to sleep with the boys. Nobody should be hiring him, but he's still got a lot of knowledge and he's always a good story. I think his booking record speaks for itself. He managed everybody, and nobody has a bad word to say about him that wasn't born in the 90s or owns a closet full of Young Bucks merch. </p><p> </p><p> But I think the mods should close this bad boy because some people can't handle themselves and are dogpiling the poster.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Questlove" data-cite="Questlove" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Some trivia on Jim Cornette: he's a racist, sexist idiot who is even more out of touch with wrestling than he is with his wife when all the OVW trainees are running a train on her</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Kink-shamer.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="parkereddy" data-cite="parkereddy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>The nature of how sexual assault cases work in this country means that a huge, huge majority of cases go without a conviction. Jim Cornette was accused by multiple people, and the stories add up. </strong><p> </p><p> He was fired over a racist comment literally last year. Statements like he made cause people serious harm and I don't think any kind of "apology" or "learning his lesson" will change that. His sexism is also violently apparent in nearly all his interactions with women, or anytime he talks about them.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Dude. You're entitled to not like the guy but. "I was forced to have sex with Jim Cornette's wife... OR ELSE I'D LOSE MY SPOT IN OVW!" in 2014 or w/e should not pass the smell test in any case. No charges have been filed and the story has exactly one accuser that I know of. </p><p> </p><p> From the sounds of it, not having any interest in the thought of a Jim Cornette sexlife, they have a very open relationship... See, I've already thought about this enough.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Makhai" data-cite="Makhai" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've never been less surprised in my whole life. <p> </p><p> Dinosaur, absolutely. But all of the Young Buck minions who still to this day run around trying to smear the guy with accusations of running a sex ring in OVW 15 years after he had anything to do with the place are fascinating to me. Although, watching him try to not embarrass his wife for sending random dudes pictures on the internet was a great 1hr in podcasting history. "I guess I'm guilty of having an interesting sex life" a hall of fame level defense right there with the Chewbacca defense. </p><p> </p><p> Jim is Jim, He likes off-colour jokes, and harkens back to an era where women got into wrestling to sleep with the boys. Nobody should be hiring him, but he's still got a lot of knowledge and he's always a good story. I think his booking record speaks for itself. He managed everybody, and nobody has a bad word to say about him that wasn't born in the 90s or owns a closet full of Young Bucks merch. </p><p> </p><p> But I think the mods should close this bad boy because some people can't handle themselves and are dogpiling the poster.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I respect his work in wrestling as much as anyone else. He's a great manager, booker, hell, even commentator (Awful jokes aside). But he's a relic. He's perfect in the role of wrestling encyclopedia and historian. </p><p> </p><p> Many things have come to light about he and his wife's relationships to talent. We have hindsight to look upon his treatment of women, and his attitude towards minorities. These things have no place in wrestling today.</p><p> </p><p> I'm willing to have a conversation about the man. But this thread was started clearly to rile people up. "Jim Cornette is God". What a joke. To say something along those lines is just accepting the incredibly toxic, unwelcoming culture that wrestling is plagued with.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="parkereddy" data-cite="parkereddy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51590" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I respect his work in wrestling as much as anyone else. He's a great manager, booker, hell, even commentator (Awful jokes aside). But he's a relic. He's perfect in the role of wrestling encyclopedia and historian. <p> </p><p> Many things have come to light about he and his wife's relationships to talent. We have hindsight to look upon his <strong>treatment of women, and his attitude towards minorities. These things have no place in wrestling today.</strong></p><p> </p><p> I'm willing to have a conversation about the man. But this thread was started clearly to rile people up. "Jim Cornette is God". What a joke. To say something along those lines is just accepting the incredibly toxic, unwelcoming culture that wrestling is plagued with.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> See, this is the thing. He's been nothing but positive with all of the people he's worked with, the interactions with women have been positive. He's just a jerk. And as a jerk, I can tell you he's not biased against women or people of color. 2 Cold Scorpio, The Gangsters, he talks about Selina de la Renta like she's the second coming of Bruno. To this day. He's just an asshole to the people he doesn't like, who do cartoon wrestling and kill the business with goofy comedy stuff, and he's lost the ability to tone it down on a live mic.</p><p> </p><p> And this is where we are in culture. Where assholes are just labeled bigots because this generation after mine can't tell the difference and are trying to get spiders banned from video games because they don't want to trigger people.</p>