[DOTM]WCW 1998: Too Big To Fail?

Rosters updated.

Also, update about the diary going forward:

No, this is not going anywhere - I am having way too much fun, but I am gonna back off of doing the real life weekly schedule for now.

RL work is pretty taxing so rather than have you guys expect a show (for example: Nitro) to air on a certain day and not meet that deadline, I am just gonna post when it is good to go! That way no one is disappointed if I can't meet that deadline.

To that end, Nitro should come sometime this week.

Thank you guys for all of your support. I love doing this and I think this way of not putting stress on myself will save me from any burn out and keep this going.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosters updated.

Also, update about the diary going forward:

No, this is not going anywhere - I am having way too much fun, but I am gonna back off of doing the real life weekly schedule for now.

RL work is pretty taxing so rather than have you guys expect a show (for example: Nitro) to air on a certain day and not meet that deadline, I am just gonna post when it is good to go! That way no one is disappointed if I can't meet that deadline.

To that end, Nitro should come sometime this week.

Thank you guys for all of your support. I love doing this and I think this way of not putting stress on myself will save me from any burn out and keep this going.

I always found it strange when people tried to hit a posting schedule. Especially how busy my life can be at times :D Glad to hear you're enjoying writing it as much as I'm enjoying reading it.

What I like to do is write a few shows, and get them 'in the bank', fully written and formatted, ready to post. That way, I can slow down my writing or take long breaks, and still post shows :)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="stillnotover" data-cite="stillnotover" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Man feel like Perfect was just coming into his own without the Nwo or Rick Rude behind him. As long as Nitro isn’t being taken off the air. Otherwise it will be hard times for us common men</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I can only imagine how real life promoters feel when things like this happen because I know how I felt when I got the notification. I was disappointed and angry and considered firing Hennig out of spite because there were plans for him. Obviously he was going to be used to begin to help younger people get over (like he did with Alex Wright), but there were actual long term plans with him. I was legit pissed at it. And its a game lol - I am not the real life Eric Bischoff in 1998 lmao. So I can empathize with how that feels to real life promoters. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> And yeah, this isn't going anywhere. I am really excited about the next six months, but also what is planned for 1999. Not going anywhere. Thank you all for your support <3</p>

This is one of my favourite diaries to read on here. I like that you're booking things in a fashion that seem like it could actually have happened in WCW at the time, rather than the "Christopher Daniels pushed to the main event within three months" style. It's more challenging to try to play the game this way, but I personally find it more rewarding.

Unless someone gets injured or fails a drug test....

This is one of my favourite diaries to read on here. I like that you're booking things in a fashion that seem like it could actually have happened in WCW at the time, rather than the "Christopher Daniels pushed to the main event within three months" style. It's more challenging to try to play the game this way, but I personally find it more rewarding.

Unless someone gets injured or fails a drug test....

Thank you so much for that. Yeah, it's definitely a challenge to try to take the company where I want it to go without being unrealistic. And it is true that it sucks when someone gets hurt or does drugs, but c'est la vie. Thanks for reading!

WCW Monday Nitro Live! July Week 1, 1998 - Episode #144– “Hitman Or Wooo”

<div style="margin:auto;width:800px;background-color:rgb(255, 255, 255);padding:25px;text-align:justify;line-height:normal;border:8px solid rgb(255, 128, 0);"><font color="#1a1a1a" face="Roboto"><span style="font-size:16px;"></span></font><div style="color:rgb(26, 26, 26);font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:16px;font-style:normal;">

r5Snw6g.jpgG0W0gJE.jpgbbRNwTg.jpg

WCW Monday Nitro opens with a recap of The Great American Bash 8 days ago and shows how Hollywood Hulk Hogan and the nWo suckered WCW and Sting into an attack that ultimately cost Sting the WCW title. The recap also shows last week’s gloating by the nWo and Ric Flair’s challenge for Hogan.

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;border-top:3px solid rgb(0,0,0);"></div>

<iframe width="500" height="250" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cXXWw8AneQw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<div style="color:rgb(26, 26, 26);font-family:Roboto;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:center;"><div style="font:44px Roboto;"><b>WCW MONDAY NITRO</b>

ICE PALACE,

TAMPA, FL</div>

<div style="color:rgb(26, 26, 26);font-family:Roboto;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;border-top:3px solid rgb(0,0,0);"></div>

<div style="color:rgb(26, 26, 26);font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:16px;font-style:normal;">

wBHGKlN.jpgW4lq9rR.jpgvaPODr4.jpg

We go into the Ice Palace where Tampa comes to live as WCW Monday Nitro is on the air. We are three weeks away from Monday Nitro: The Clash of the Champions. The announcers take us back to last week where Ric Flair & Bret Hart tangled with the nWo and ran Hollywood Hogan away. The announcers tell us that tonight in our featured contest Booker T will go one on one with Scott Hall of the nWo. Also, tonight Diamond Dallas Page will sit down with Tony Schiavone to discuss his future after being beaten by Raven eight days ago at The Great American Bash. But we go to the ring with our opening contest featuring a match for the WCW TV Title.

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Roboto;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;border-top:3px solid rgb(0,0,0);"></div>

ponVsmi.jpg

bNYOhmZ.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgNbXQiHR.jpg

<b>GOLDBERG © VS REESE</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

Reese starts out using his power to throw Goldberg around a little which stuns Bill until Reese bounces off the ropes for a clothesline and Goldberg ducks and nails a powerslam. From there Goldberg nails some haymakers and it takes two Spears to get the gigantic man down. But after the second Spear, Goldberg seizes the moment and hits the Jackhammer for the 1...2...3.

WINNER BY PINFALl AND STILL WCW TELEVISION CHAMPION: GOLDBERG

FXkCcLF.jpg

bNYOhmZ.jpgNbXQiHR.jpg

Castrol GTX Drive Hard Moment of the Night is Goldberg spearing the big man for the successful title defense.

zaX1vF3.jpgG41H991.jpg

The camera goes to the back where it finds Brian Adams beating up Chris Jericho backstage in the parking lot. He throws Jericho into a bunch of items before picking up Jericho and launching him into a garage door. Adams looks down on Jericho with contempt and walks away while the announcers plea for some help back there as Nitro goes to break.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ekG8K8YBp0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WbVnM2x.jpg9Lwipgk.jpg

Hall and Nash appear in a nWo black and white commercial. Nash says Hollywood sends his regards but he’s hanging and banging taking care of nWo business so tonight the Bad Guy will handle Booker T and to make sure things are even steven, Big Sexy will be in his corner. Hall thanks Nash saying you know you can’t trust these WCW guys. Nash agrees and says he even bought new paint. Hall looks at the can and says you better bring the white instead.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tz4De06XJYY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

G41H991.jpg

Nitro returns to medical staff checking on Jericho, but he is furious and pushes them all away. He walks off screaming for Adams.

t6SPsjc.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgDCSTze4.jpg

<b>SATURN VS HUGH MORRUS</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

Hugh and Saturn have a stiff back and forth match and is the best showing Hugh Morrus has had for some time as he nearly scores some near falls. Saturn battles back and tries to go for The Rings of Saturn, but Hugh reverses it into a schoolboy for a two count. When Hugh goes for No Laughing Matter, Saturn crotches him on the ropes and climbs to the second turnbuckle, lift’s Hugh up and does a Death Valley Driver from the 2nd rope. Saturn covers...1...2...3.

WINNER BY PINFALL: SATURN

AZEqmHo.jpgn63FMlN.jpgCqM5BmM.jpg

We see La Familia walking in the back towards the ring. Chavo & Eddie are berating Rey telling him not to screw up again. The announcers tell us that Chavo will face new WCW Cruiserweight Champion Dean Malenko in a non-title match when Nitro returns, next on TNT.

lHNE8rJ.png

Nitro returns with a commercial for WCW Monday Nitro: The Clash of the Champions in three weeks on Week 3 July, 1998. The commercial focuses on the history of the event and promises that every championship in World Championship Wrestling will be on the line.

NON-TITLE MATCH

xpdUWK0.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgn63FMlN.jpgAZEqmHo.jpgCqM5BmM.jpg

<b>DEAN MALENKO VS CHAVO GUERRERO JR W/EDDIE GUERRERO AND REY MYSTERIO JR.</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

Dean is constantly frustrated because whenever he gets an advantage, Chavo bails to the floor to his Uncle Eddie and Dean is forced to back off. The constant distractions actually allows Chavo to have a chance and he nails a brainbuster that scores a near fall. When Chavo goes for his version of Eddie’s Frog Splash, Dean puts his knees up and then dominates Chavo. As soon as Dean locks in the Texas Cloverleaf, Eddie slides in with a chair and nails Dean from behind in the back with it. The ref has to ring the bell.

WINNER BY DISQUALIFICATION: DEAN MALENKO

xpdUWK0.jpgAZEqmHo.jpgn63FMlN.jpgCqM5BmM.jpg

After the match, Eddie & Chavo attack Dean with the chair and Chavo gets a second chair and wedges Dean’s head in the chair. Eddie raises the other chair and prepares to bring it down on Dean’s bad neck. Unable to be passive any longer, Rey grabs the chair out of Eddie’s hands saving Malenko. Dean is able to roll out of the ring to safety while Eddie screams at Rey for standing up to him. The announcers wonder what repercussions will this have for Rey.

hbmnsDN.jpgqRYpDuC.jpg

We go back to The Great American Bash and see Diamond Dallas Page lose to Raven. Tony tells us that as promised, he did record an interview with DDP over the weekend in Atlanta. And when Nitro returns, hour number two will kick off with that interview. Stay tuned. We’re coming right back from Tampa on TNT.

5JgeFx9.jpg

wBHGKlN.jpgW4lq9rR.jpgxDE82Ot.jpg

WCW Monday Nitro returns and we see Sensuous Sherri in the audience. The announcers remind us that Sherri apparently has a new boyfriend that she will be bringing to WCW soon. The pyro then kicks off as hour number two is on the air. Tony pitches us to the DDP interview.

W4lq9rR.jpghbmnsDN.jpg

The interview takes place in Page’s Atlanta home. Page and Tony hug like the old buddies that they are and Tony asks Page how he is doing. DDP says that he knows that he is Mr. Positivity, but to be honest...not great. Page says that 1998 has not been a good year for him and it’s all because of Raven. And the hardest part of all of this is that Raven stalked his wife and Page lost. Page came back convinced that Raven could not beat him one-on-one without the flunkies, but then he did. And take nothing away from Scotty, he’s a terrific wrestler and clearly a man. All respect to him. He beat DDP like a man and did it on his own. But, Page admits that it has shaken his belief in himself. Page sees himself as a future World Heavyweight Champion, but the last seven months have been miserable for the Page family. So DDP is gonna take a few weeks off and think. Kimberly will be by his side as the Page family figures out what they want from professional wrestling and what their future will be. Tony ends the interview encouraging Page to take his time, refresh and come back ready to make everyone feel the bang. Page smiles a little sadly and thanks Tony for coming.

Q0zny8u.jpg6sRXw7j.jpg

Wrath is walking around looking everywhere for Mortis when he finally located him sitting at a desktop computer in an office backstage. Wrath asks where he’s been and Mortis says he’s been talking to a beautiful girl on America Online. Wrath seems skeptical but Mortis assures him that she’s the one and in a few weeks she’s going to come see him when they’re in her town. Wrath tells him to snap out of it, they have a match. He yanks Mortis to his feet and the two of them head to the ring. Their match with G.T.T. will be next when Nitro returns LIVE on TNT.

HoLFfOQ.jpgRr8R8Ou.jpgQOqEoza.jpg

When Nitro returns, Mean Gene is with The World Tag Team Champions, The Steiner Brothers in the locker room. Rick and Scotty say that they talked to Ted DiBiase and he named Davey Boy Smith & Jim Neidhart as his attackers. He says they are the ones that put him through that table. So, consider their challenge accepted. At The Clash of the Champions, The Steiners will put these belts on the line and they will beat Davey Boy & Anvil’s ass. Believe that.

DY8eEMk.jpgk325lTB.jpgRoiHdy4.jpg6sRXw7j.jpgQ0zny8u.jpg

<b>G.T.T. VS MORTIS AND WRATH</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

The story of this match is Wrath being focused against G.T.T. and Mortis not really focusing which clearly frustrates Wrath. Wrath and LoMonoco deliver some stiff shots but soon the former tag team champs gets a hold of Mortis and never lets up. After taking Wrath out, the Death Drop is hit on Mortis for the 3 count.

WINNERS BY PINFALL: G.T.T.

HoLFfOQ.jpgJwbWusM.jpg

Mean Gene is at the Nitro set with The Hitman Bret Hart. Bret says that last week, Ric Flair may have staked his claim at Hollywood Hogan, but he doesn’t get to demand matches. Bret Hart has just as valid as a reason to want Hogan next and, unlike Ric, Bret has been battling the nWo ever since he came into WCW last November all the while Ric was having lavish parties as he considered bringing back his Hors….

bbRNwTg.jpg

Ric Flair comes out from the back. He gets in Bret’s face and says that while Ric respects Bret, the fact is that they have never really liked each other so it irks the Nature Boy that Bret Hart compares himself to Ric Flair. Bret Hart may be the Excellence of Execution, but Ric Flair is THE MAN. And so Ric Flair will get the first challenge at Hogan, not only because Ric Flair says so...but because J.J. Dillon says so.

Ric smiles at Bret smugly as he informs him that the main event of The Clash of the Champions three weeks from this night, will be Ric Flair against Hollywood Hogan for the only prize in this industry that matters, the World Heavyweight Championship. And on that night, the Nature Boy will walk this aisle and for the 14th time, walk away the champ. And then, maybe...if Bret is nice...Ric Flair will let him go to school. Woooooo.

Ric pat’s Bret on the shoulder while he walks away. Bret glares as this big match apparently is official. Mean Gene tells us not to go anywhere. When we return, Syxxx of the nWo is in action. We have more Nitro coming up.

4nQ90bY.jpgRuft3kw.jpg

Nitro goes to commercial with a hype video of Meng & Yuji Nagata destroying some WCW talent in the Power Plant. The video promises that this devastating team will come to Nitro soon.

JwbWusM.jpg

A video of “During the Break” shows Bret Hart, angrily, throwing his bags in a car and leaving the arena after Flairs big announcement that Ric will get the first shot at Hogan at the Clash.

2GUxClR.jpgcuZY1CN.jpgZW5WlC3.jpgqAeAiYW.jpg

LIxvFTX.jpgYNfbyR2.jpg

Monday Nitro returns to a dance routine from the Nitro Girls. Chae takes center stage for the performance in the center of the ring. They depart as Syxxx’s music hits and he comes out with Konnan in his corner. As the Nitro girls walk up the aisle, Syxxx flirts openly with them. They roll their eyes, but the camera catches Chae looking back at Syxxx and they lock eyes for a second. Is that a small smile she just showed? The Nitro Girls go to the back as Syxxx and K-Dawg enter the ring for the next match.

YNfbyR2.jpgLIxvFTX.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgO6mlADh.jpg

<b>SYXXX W/KONNAN VS HECTOR GARZA</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

This is a Cruiser style match that really highlights Garza and goes through a commercial break. Syxxx makes a mistake when he jumps off the top for a top rope Bulldog that he misses. Hector takes over and actually has Syxxx on the ropes and nails a 450 for a close two count. After missing a cross body block, Syxxx is back in control and nails a lightning fast leg drop before cinching in the Buzzkill for the submission victory.

WINNER BY SUBMISSION: SYXXX

qFp111W.jpgqFp111W.jpg

Rr8R8Ou.jpgQOqEoza.jpgIYyODjD.jpgAllEsFO.jpg

18RHSzL.jpg

r5Snw6g.jpgbbRNwTg.jpg

The announcers put over The Clash of the Champions as two blockbuster matches have been made tonight: The Steiner Brothers will defend the WCW World Tag Team Championships against Davey Boy Smith & Jim Neidhart & The Nature Boy Ric Flair will challenge Hollywood Hogan for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. The Clash of the Champions is in three weeks here on TNT.

n37qEE9.jpgUuXfCTR.jpg

We go back to the issues between Booker T & the nWo and how Nash and Hall promise that they will make short work of Booker. Our featured contest, Scott Hall vs Booker T is next on Nitro. Don’t go anywhere.

n37qEE9.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgUuXfCTR.jpg078omOh.jpg

<b>BOOKER T VS SCOTT HALL W/KEVIN NASH</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

Hall is in control early in this match and hits some of his favorites: the upper cuts, throwing Booker into the turnbuckles and hitting the punches in the corner and the fall away slam. But Booker will not stay down and fights into the match and puts Hall on the offensive. Booker is able to nail a vicious Spinebuster and then a Book-End for a two count that Kevin Nash had to break up with a distraction of the ref. That distraction allows Hall to nail Booker from behind and delivers a stiff clothesline before setting Booker on the turnbuckle and hits a superplex. Booker is done and Hall knows it. Hall plays to the crowd calling for the Outsider’s Edge. Hall goes for it, but Booker schoolboys Hall and hooks him out of nowhere. 1….2….3. Booker T wins!

WINNER BY PINFALL: BOOKER T

078omOh.jpgUuXfCTR.jpgn37qEE9.jpgYNfbyR2.jpghF0jMUe.jpgLIxvFTX.jpg

The Outsiders are stunned at the loss and Booker would soon pay for it as the pack of jackals known as the nWo hit the ring. Booker tries to fight them off, but the numbers game is strong.

v5uLMT3.jpg

Out of nowhere, Buff Bagwell comes running down to the surprise of everyone. Nash smiles and puts the Wolfpack sign up, but instead of high fiving his former friends, he kicks Nash low and is on him beating the hell out of Big Sexy. But Buff also falls victim to the pack as he soon is dropped by a Jackknife by the recovered and pissed off Kevin Nash.

The nWo stands over Booker & Buff Bagwell never looking more powerful and, true to their promise, without the need of Hogan tonight as Monday Nitro goes off the air.

9s5VjYZ.png

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Slab&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

If I was booking this, I'd have Mortis drop the mask and team up with DDP and sign Bam Bam so that the Jersey Triad can get a face run.

One of the more underrated trios out there with a ton of chemistry between Kanyon and DDP especially.

I'm very excited for the debut of Meng and Nagata as a pairing on Nitro. Two of my favorites ever.

Haha wow i'm sucha mark. Totally didn't know that Kanyon was the Mortis character. Thanks for sharing your wisdom Jay. Loved Gene's hotline comments. And I don't know what's the biggest shock. Honky and Goldust team breaking up or Brian Knobbs dropping the Intercontinental...maybe he's leveling up for the Undertaker?

Haha wow i'm sucha mark. Totally didn't know that Kanyon was the Mortis character. Thanks for sharing your wisdom Jay. Loved Gene's hotline comments. And I don't know what's the biggest shock. Honky and Goldust team breaking up or Brian Knobbs dropping the Intercontinental...maybe he's leveling up for the Undertaker?

:cool:

You're welcome! I'm a diehard Kanyon/Mortis fan. I also love Wrath, but I'm aware he's not as good as I think he is :p

If I was booking this, I'd have Mortis drop the mask and team up with DDP and sign Bam Bam so that the Jersey Triad can get a face run.

One of the more underrated trios out there with a ton of chemistry between Kanyon and DDP especially.

I'm very excited for the debut of Meng and Nagata as a pairing on Nitro. Two of my favorites ever.

What an idea 👀

WCW Monday Nitro Live! July Week 2, 1998 - Episode #145 - "Hollywood Assault"

<div style="margin:auto;width:800px;background-color:rgb(255, 255, 255);padding:25px;text-align:justify;line-height:normal;border:8px solid rgb(255, 128, 0);"><font color="#1a1a1a" face="Roboto"><span style="font-size:16px;"></span></font><div style="color:rgb(26, 26, 26);font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:16px;font-style:normal;">

giphy.gif

<div style="color:rgb(26, 26, 26);font-family:Roboto;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-align:center;"><div style="font:44px Roboto;"><b>WCW MONDAY NITRO</b>

JACKSONVILLE MEMORIAL COLISEUM,

JACKSONVILLE, FL</div>

<div style="color:rgb(26, 26, 26);font-family:Roboto;font-size:14px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;border-top:3px solid rgb(0,0,0);"></div>

<div style="color:rgb(26, 26, 26);font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:16px;font-style:normal;">

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hFTBhWocido" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

r5Snw6g.jpgJT48RSk.jpghF0jMUe.jpg

Hogan, Bischoff and Randy Savage come down to the ring. While Hogan and Bischoff appear to be in pretty good moods, Savage broods in the corner.

Hogan is handed the microphone and welcomes all his nWo-ites to HIS show. Now everyone saw the big announcement last week where that fossil Ric Flair used his connections to his former manager to weasel his way into a nWo title match but what he doesn’t understand is that Eazy-E has the real power!

Ric Flair’s big plans will come to a screeching end tonight at the hands of the Macho Man and if there is anything left of the old has been, then Hollywood will put him down one last time at the Clash of Champions, brother.

Hogan and Savage share a slow mega powers handshake for old time’s sake as Bischoff holds the rope open for their exit.

wBHGKlN.jpgW4lq9rR.jpgvaPODr4.jpg

After the promo, we go to the announce booth where Tony, Mike and Larry welcome us to Monday Nitro. We are two weeks away from The Clash of the Champions from the historic Greensboro Coliseum where Nature Boy Ric Flair will challenge the man we just saw, Hollywood Hogan for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. But speaking of Ric Flair, tonight in our main event he will face the Macho Man Randy Savage. The nWo is in the building, anything can happen tonight and we’ll be back with our opening contest after this time out. This is Nitro from Jacksonville, don’t go anywhere.

UO2r8tZ.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgfWr2TeP.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgDrATOVM.jpg

<b>JUVENTUD GUERRERA VS SUPER CRAZY VS PSYCHOSIS</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

A real high flying hot cruiser opening that warms the crowd up for later on. We see typical high flying spots and each man gets some time in. The finish comes when Super Crazy does a Superplex off the top onto Psychosis but before Super Crazy can cover, Juventud nails a 450 for the pinfall.

WINNER BY PINFALL: JUVENTUD GUERERA

AZEqmHo.jpgn63FMlN.jpgCqM5BmM.jpg

The announcers disgustedly take us to the home video filmed at Eddie Guerrero’s house. The video shows Eddie and Chavo relaxing and drinking drinks with little umbrellas in them while Rey Mysterio is cleaning the pool and picking up trash and other manual jobs all as “punishment” for messing up last week on Nitro. Eddie says that Rey will learn his lesson and in two weeks at the Clash of the Champions, when Eddie faces Dean again to get back HIS Cruiserweight Title, Rey better not screw up once more….or else this will become MUCH worse.

bNYOhmZ.jpg

We see a graphic of the WCW World Television Champion - Goldberg. He is in action when Nitro returns...NEXT.

YNfbyR2.jpgLIxvFTX.jpg

Monday Nitro returns to Syxxx & Konnan in the nWo limo drinking champagne. They mock Ric Flair and say that tonight Macho will snap into him. And then say that Easy E has given them a match with Buff tonight at the 9pm hour and laugh because who would possibly want to be partners with him? Looks like it will be a handicap match.

ponVsmi.jpg

bNYOhmZ.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgFpYGgMO.jpg

<b>GOLDBERG © VS LA PARKA</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

Complete squash of La Parka who tries to nail Goldberg with a chair early on but is met with a Savate Kick. Goldberg dominates the “Chairman of WCW” and beats him down in less than a minute before nailing the Jackhammer and the 3 count at the 1:07 mark.

WINNER BY PINFALL AND STILL WCW TELEVISION CHAMPION: GOLDBERG

HoLFfOQ.jpgIYyODjD.jpgAllEsFO.jpg

Mean Gene is in the back with Davey Boy Smith & Jim Neidhart in the back. They say that they don’t know why Ted DiBiase told the Steiners that they put him through the table, but the man is lying. Davey Boy says he doesn’t care why DiBiase is lying but he is. And Neidhart says that in two weeks they will silence the Steiners and their scapegoating once and for all when they take the World Tag Team Titles. Want to see what Davey Boy and the Anvil can do? Find out next. Gene throws us to a commercial as they leave the locker room to head to the ring.

JwbWusM.jpg

Monday Nitro returns to a promo video for next week featuring Bret Hart telling us that the Hitman will be on hand for the final night before Clash of the Champions.

IYyODjD.jpgAllEsFO.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgMYZ1rgu.jpgtfv2M7J.jpg

<b>DAVEY BOY SMITH AND JIM NEIDHART VS SEXTON HARDCASTLE AND JAY RESO</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

Davey Boy and Jim definitely took their opponents lightly and the young kids nearly made the veterans pay for it. Davey Boy is hit with an Impaler by Sexton Hardcastle 3 minutes into the match while Neidhart was on the floor taking Cage lightly and that nearly ended the match. From there, Davey Boy & The Anvil realized these kids are going for broke and have a real match with them that ends with Cage being pinned by a Davey Boy powerslam for a hard fought victory.

WINNER BY PINFALL: DAVEY BOY SMITH AND JIM NEIDHART

v5uLMT3.jpgn37qEE9.jpg

In the back Buff Bagwell is with Booker T in the locker room. We learn that at the 9pm cross over hour, Buff must be in a tag team match against Konnan and Syxxx of the nWo. Buff says he knows that no one around here trusts him, but he hopes he is proving that he can be trusted. Buff asks Booker to be his tag team partner tonight. Booker refuses to commit and says that he has seen that Buff has been trying and he thanks Bagwell for his help last week, so if Booker comes out during that match, Buff has his answer. If he doesn’t...Buff will be on his own. Will Buff have to fight the nWo alone? We will find out when hour number two kicks off….NEXT.

2GUxClR.jpgZW5WlC3.jpgqAeAiYW.jpg

YNfbyR2.jpgLIxvFTX.jpg

Hour #2 kicks off with the Nitro Girls dancing around the big WCW letters at the Nitro set. Chae has taken the lead in Kimberly’s absence. Their routine ends and parlays into the nWo’s entrance for the opening match of hour 2. And yet again, Syxxx openly flirts with the girls and Chae doesn’t try to hide her smile this time. She can’t seem to help but smile. Syxxx and Konnan high five as they walk to the ring.

v5uLMT3.jpg

Buff comes out alone. He looks around to see if Booker will follow him but no one does. Syxxx & Konnan are enjoying this as Buff is clearly on his own when he gets in the ring. But just before the bell sounds:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nMnzFgOAKXs" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

n37qEE9.jpg

Booker comes out and he's ready to fight. Buff has backup after all! Booker enters the ring, shakes Buff’s hand, decks Konnan and the bell sounds as the fight is on.

v5uLMT3.jpgn37qEE9.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgYNfbyR2.jpgLIxvFTX.jpg

<b>BUFF BAGWELL AND BOOKER T VS KONNAN AND SYXXX</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

Booker takes Konnan to the floor and Buff and Syxxx brawl in the ring. After a bit, order is restored and the nWo’s familiarity with each other allows them to take over the match, isolating Booker from Buff for a long period of the match. When Konnan goes to Backdrop Booker, Booker nails a Book-End as a reversal and that allows him a chance to tag in Buff. Buff clears house before nailing the Blockbuster on Syxxx. He covers and Booker prevents Konnan from interfering as the ref counts 1...2...3.

WINNERS BY PINFALL: BUFF BAGWELL AND BOOKER T

v5uLMT3.jpgn37qEE9.jpg4ESiRyW.jpg

After the match, the nWo scurries away with their tails between their legs. Buff says to Booker thank you just as James J Dillion comes down to the ring. He steps into the ring and grabs a mic and says that last week Buff coming out to stand up to his former cronies meant something. And what happened here just now meant something. As far as J.J. is concerned, as far as WCW is concerned, Buff has proven himself to WCW. J.J. hands him a contract and a pen. Buff looks almost emotional at this and quickly signs the contract. J.J. shakes Buff’s hand and says “welcome home” and Booker shakes his hand too before leaving the ring. Buff plays to the crowd as he is once again signed with World Championship Wrestling.

zaX1vF3.jpgG41H991.jpg

We go back to last week where Brian Adams beat the hell out of Chris Jericho. When Nitro returns LIVE on TNT, Brian Adams is in action against Robbie Rage. Don’t go anywhere.

lHNE8rJ.png

18RHSzL.jpg

r5Snw6g.jpgbbRNwTg.jpg

Nitro returns to a commercial on WCW Monday Nitro: The Clash of the Champions airing in two weeks here on TNT. It centers around Ric Flair vs Hollywood Hogan for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.

zaX1vF3.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgcZ9mQCl.jpg

<b>BRIAN ADAMS VS ROBBIE RAGE</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

Adams just mauls Rage as soon as the bell rings and takes his time enjoying beating up the kid all over the ring. Rage gets in a few lucky shots, but for the most part he doesn’t really have any hope against Adams. The Heart Punch soon drops Rage and Adams picks up the victory.

WINNER BY PINFALL: BRIAN ADAMS

zaX1vF3.jpgG41H991.jpg

After the match, Adams taunts the crowd when Chris Jericho comes sprinting down the aisle and gets into the ring. He attacks Adams before Brian ever sees Jericho coming and goes immediately for the throat after tackling Adams. Brian struggles to block the punches and gets a thumb in the eye of Jericho which allows Adams to get out of the ring. Jericho quickly recovers and gives chase as Brian Adams retreats.

wBHGKlN.jpgW4lq9rR.jpgxDE82Ot.jpg

qRYpDuC.jpgq4DGvld.jpgXv96Mzd.jpg

Tony, Mike & Bobby show us footage from this past Saturday at a WCW Live Event in Los Angeles, California. We see Raven slide into the ring after a match and begin to cut a dystopian promo about the City of Angels being a city of fallen angels and broken dreams As he is cutting this promo, the crowd comes to life because Chris Benoit came running down in the audience and jumped a guard rail. Benoit gets into the ring and goes right for Raven’s neck, trying to choke out the United States Champion. Woman bails from the ring as Benoit removes a turnbuckle pad and slam’s Raven’s head on the exposed buckle. With blood pouring from Raven’s head, Benoit locks in a Crossface while refs and security try to pull Benoit off. Eventually they do so. As the video ends, we return to the announcers who tell us that WCW has demanded a cooling off period for this week. Neither Raven nor Benoit is allowed to be here tonight. That will change next week when both will be allowed to be on Nitro.

r5Snw6g.jpg

bbRNwTg.jpghF0jMUe.jpg

The announcers take us back to Hogan’s segment earlier tonight. They then go over the storied history of “Nature Boy” Ric Flair and “Macho Man” Randy Savage. That history will write another chapter when we come back. It’s main event time: Ric Flair vs Randy Savage when Nitro returns from our final commercial break. Do not go anywhere.

fvbycaV.jpghF0jMUe.jpgRoiHdy4.jpgbbRNwTg.jpgkxmVwPM.jpg

<b>RANDY SAVAGE W/ELIZABETH VS RIC FLAIR W/ARN ANDERSON</b><span style="font-weight:normal;">

Savage and Ric face off, having done this dance before. They lock up and Savage releases, slaps Ric in the face and bails to the floor while Ric gives chase. Elizabeth puts herself between them acting as a shield for Savage, but neither of the two see Arn creep up behind Randy. Arn, turns Savage around and rolls him back into the ring. Ric gets in the ring as Arn keeps Elizabeth at bay and the match kicks into high gear.

Both men know each other so well so we have plenty of false finishes before Savage takes control of the match and even hits the Big Elbow but Arn is on the apron immediately to distract Macho who takes a swing at Arn but misses. This allows Ric a chance to low blow Savage when Randy comes back to Ric and take over. After some more back and forth, Flair goes for the Figure Four but Savage rolls him up unto a small package. But Ric is able to reverse it into a small package of his own. 1….2….3.

WINNER BY PINFALL: RIC FLAIR

r5Snw6g.jpg078omOh.jpgUuXfCTR.jpgLIxvFTX.jpghF0jMUe.jpgYNfbyR2.jpg

bbRNwTg.jpgkxmVwPM.jpg

As soon as the match is over, the jackals of the nWo hit the ring and start trying to beat down The Nature Boy. It’s a number game and after a while, Arn can’t take it. He gets in the ring and helps his best friend, even delivering a Spinebuster to Syxxx to thunderous applause. Ric and Arn start fighting back but that ends when Hollywood comes down to the ring and slides in. He’s got the belt in his hand and nails Ric in the back of the head just as Nash nails Arn with a stiff clothesline.

Arn and Ric are both lined up as the nWo take their time and give Hogan the ability to gloat and play to the pissed off audience and then drops a leg drop for each man. Hogan covers Flair while Bischoff mockingly counts. The nWo celebrates like Hogan successfully defended his title as Nitro goes off the air.

9s5VjYZ.png

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Slab&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto&display=swap" rel="stylesheet">

Shouldn't Goldberg be winning with the Jackhammer? :p

Also, poor Robbie Rage. Is Kenny Kaos still on your roster? I might be High Voltage's only fan in the world :o

I have no idea what you're talking about ;)

And yeah I liked them too to a degree but (ironically) the exposure in these matches are helping them improve lol.

I have no idea what you're talking about ;)

And yeah I liked them too to a degree but (ironically) the exposure in these matches are helping them improve lol.

Your edit note made me choke on my water!

I'm glad they're improving! My best friend moved to Georgia years ago and actually met Robbie Rage. Robbie told him that when he tore his rotator cuff he spiraled into a deep depression and then WCW fired him while he was recovering. He ended up getting hooked on painkillers and ecstasy to combat his depression.

Anytime I play a WCW save while High Voltage is around I try and see how far I can push them.