Alternative CornellVerse 2018 Mod (FULL RELEASE!)

Can’t wait for that 2022 version, will be awesome

I hope it will be! I have to be honest I have had to change up one of my big original plans as I mention it to a few people and they weren't happy at a major company being killed off.

Then I thought about it and I guess people play this for more variety in companies, so I'm not sure killing one of the promotions people like to play as it's the way to go lol. Plus because it's not real C-Verse lore I guess it would be a bit jarring for people lol

I hope it will be! I have to be honest I have had to change up one of my big original plans as I mention it to a few people and they weren't happy at a major company being killed off.

Then I thought about it and I guess people play this for more variety in companies, so I'm not sure killing one of the promotions people like to play as it's the way to go lol. Plus because it's not real C-Verse lore I guess it would be a bit jarring for people lol

Don't you DARE kill off my TCW boiz :(

... I'm not sure killing one of the promotions people like to play as it's the way to go lol. Plus because it's not real C-Verse lore I guess it would be a bit jarring for people lol

I understand your point...but! Its an alternative version of the c-verse. In my opinion you can do as you like, as long it has some backstory to it. So if for example a pandemic grips the world or a major scandel hits the industry it absolutly makes sense to kill of a major promotion.

I understand your point...but! Its an alternative version of the c-verse. In my opinion you can do as you like, as long it has some backstory to it. So if for example a pandemic grips the world or a major scandel hits the industry it absolutly makes sense to kill of a major promotion.

Honestly I'm really torn in my head now, as obviously three out of the three people you spoke to saying it would make the mod less enjoyable makes you question things lol

I did like the idea of having an independent scene suddenly a bit more full of big names, and smaller companies battling it out to a sign them up, but at the same time the rosters I've set out for companies look good too with that company remaining haha

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lavelleuk" data-cite="lavelleuk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51891" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nah don't worry, it wasn't TCW lol</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I put my bet on that will be SWF.</p>

I think it is one of those things where you have to do what you feel makes sense for your lore and your world state, but make sure that rather than putting most of the wrestlers into another federation (some, sure, the bigger feds absolutely should get free agents) and leaving it at that, which is kind of what happened with AAA's death, ensuring that there is a similar product available, not a carbon copy since what's the point but somewhere the displaced fed runners can call home or, failing that, have enough resources to do a phoenix rise from the ashes.

Going back to the AAA example, the big problem in the default database wasn't that AAA fell, it happens, it was more that if I wanted to restart it from scratch with nothing but name brand for recognition and infrastructure with the Cat's Lair dojo and some cash to start (first thing I tried to do, thought it would add an interesting challenge to a company I favoured) I didn't have the women to do it without killing QAW for recognisable stars and pillaging 5SSW on top of that if I wanted to go with written contracts down the line so I just went with 5SSW or changed QAW's product to world fusion to officially include Japan elements alongside their lucha with American style entertainment and set a touring schedule only with storylines. The best thing you and others have done isn’t just to add feds but whether it’s Ashley Keith or Shrieking Harpies you have populated the world to the point you can add or expand feds or do something crazy like try to local to global an integrated roster with a world fusion product. No slight on Adam, his database is amazing outside of some of us enjoyed AAA and were hoping it would have grown, Pariah and Strong would have been as good a rivalry in a place they were legitimate top of the card as it would be surrounded by Rich Money and Nicky Champion.

Maybe if it isn't too much extra work release a version where the company that folded made it and no companies fall ever (at least until they do in game) and release one with your original vision. I don't know how much extra work that would be so certainly not a dig at you if it would be, just a suggestion if it works.

Edited to add: I was messing around with availability, languages spoken and debut dates to suit a game of my own but one thing I noticed, and these were Willrock’s characters for a 2020 mod so easy to miss this, the Wyrd Sisters, Verdana, Skuld and Urd, at your start date only one of them (Verdana I believe) has debuted and in her gimmick it would likely already be the case that she would be a package deal with her stable mates.

Maybe if it isn't too much extra work release a version where the company that folded made it and no companies fall ever (at least until they do in game) and release one with your original vision. I don't know how much extra work that would be so certainly not a dig at you if it would be, just a suggestion if it works.

That is something I've considered actually, I'll see how it looks when I've done the version where they survive first! But yeah the workers were always planned to get spread around, when one falls its helps multiple others grow lol

I'll check out there start dates, thanks for that! You are right, they're supposed to debut together

I am going to give this mod a go and try to get into a C-Verse save as SWF. First big match I will be booking? Bruce vs Parker for Bruce giving him the awful Parker the LARPer gimmick lol

I actually had that as a program in SWF. Steven Parker dropped the gimmick and was revealed as the man who brutally attacked Jack Bruce in February. The feud is basically realism mixed with kayfabe Steven Parker blaming Jack for his earlier advice that he needed to stand out as he was too boring. And that Jack is holding back all the young talent to stay on top. I tried to keep it from getting very Russo like but hey it got Steven Parker out of his horrendous momentum lol. Feud is over and now hes in the Shooting Star title mix.

I actually had that as a program in SWF. Steven Parker dropped the gimmick and was revealed as the man who brutally attacked Jack Bruce in February. The feud is basically realism mixed with kayfabe Steven Parker blaming Jack for his earlier advice that he needed to stand out as he was too boring. And that Jack is holding back all the young talent to stay on top. I tried to keep it from getting very Russo like but hey it got Steven Parker out of his horrendous momentum lol. Feud is over and now hes in the Shooting Star title mix.

How are you booking the Shooting Star title? I plan to use it to basically have it as a launching pad to shoot younger guys up North American Championship. And from there you obviously go up to the World title scene

Yeah I'm pretty much using it for lower card talents that I like and want to feature. Eventually when I feel they're over enough is move them up to the North American title scene and mid to upper card feuds. I also use an element of comedy with some of the over the top characters in the roster like Sharkbait Seth Gallows and Vacant. And Jimmy Hernandez I can see being comedic as a surfer stoner type. I had a fun feud between Seth and Jimmy that involved a pirate ship brawl.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlanMaths677" data-cite="AlanMaths677" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51891" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I actually had that as a program in SWF. Steven Parker dropped the gimmick and was revealed as the man who brutally attacked Jack Bruce in February. The feud is basically realism mixed with kayfabe Steven Parker blaming Jack for his earlier advice that he needed to stand out as he was too boring. And that Jack is holding back all the young talent to stay on top. I tried to keep it from getting very Russo like but hey it got Steven Parker out of his horrendous momentum lol. Feud is over and now hes in the Shooting Star title mix.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was going to say that sounds like a very late 90s wrestling angle! Whereas the feud that involved a pirate ship is very modern, a good mix lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lavelleuk" data-cite="lavelleuk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51891" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was going to say that sounds like a very late 90s wrestling angle! Whereas the feud that involved a pirate ship is very modern, a good mix lol</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks! Yeah I'm booking SWF mostly like Ruthless Aggression it's edgy and has realism mixed in, but there is still some lighthearted moments and kept some of the more comedic gimmicks Jack Bruce made. I do love what you did with the roster where it's extremely top heavy but the top is of guys hitting their 40s, so it's created a very interesting dynamic where Bruce booked the top of the card well it seems but really screwed the pooch with his undercard. Its why I actually felt the need to create a women's division to help liven up the undercard a bit. </p><p> </p><p> One thing is that Richard Eisen has now decided to change the product to car crash so yeah, don't know how much I'm looking forward to that lol.</p><p> </p><p> I'm very curious to see what you do with 2022. So many ways this database can go. I guess my one prediction is I just don't see how CGC survives. Alex DeColt seems even crazier in this scenario than he was in canon C-Verse and it's not like he has anyone to really build the company around other than Aaron Knight/Ian Identity, and even then I don't trust him to build anyone at this point. I do wonder if they do die does Alex just fade away like he did in Canon or does he actually somehow end up at NOTBPW or somewhere else</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AlanMaths677" data-cite="AlanMaths677" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51891" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks! Yeah I'm booking SWF mostly like Ruthless Aggression it's edgy and has realism mixed in, but there is still some lighthearted moments and kept some of the more comedic gimmicks Jack Bruce made. I do love what you did with the roster where it's extremely top heavy but the top is of guys hitting their 40s, so it's created a very interesting dynamic where Bruce booked the top of the card well it seems but really screwed the pooch with his undercard. Its why I actually felt the need to create a women's division to help liven up the undercard a bit. <p> </p><p> One thing is that Richard Eisen has now decided to change the product to car crash so yeah, don't know how much I'm looking forward to that lol.</p><p> </p><p> I'm very curious to see what you do with 2022. So many ways this database can go. I guess my one prediction is I just don't see how CGC survives. Alex DeColt seems even crazier in this scenario than he was in canon C-Verse and it's not like he has anyone to really build the company around other than Aaron Knight/Ian Identity, and even then I don't trust him to build anyone at this point. I do wonder if they do die does Alex just fade away like he did in Canon or does he actually somehow end up at NOTBPW or somewhere else</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> *spoiler alert* The old-school stable become the most popular act in the history of wresting, creating a new boom period</p><p> </p><p> Or maybe not lol</p><p> </p><p> Thanks, you actually nailed what I tried to get across with Jack Bruce booking, like he just didn't know what to do with the undercard at all. Are they big guys, is it comedy, is it high flying etc like he just doesn't actually have a grasp of what he actually wants to do! Plus the old-school stereotype gimmicks that aren't really made for 2018 lol</p>

CGC I think even if they are not on the same level as NOTBPW, they could still be a strong regional federation in the province of british colombia in 2022. I feel that Canada need a jerk like Decolt, he is kind of the heel of Canada lol and he should find a way to survive like an alliance of some sort, a cash boost earned by frauding someone to invest in the company, become SWF developpmental, push guys as fake Decolt cousins, etc... �� I love to hate CGC! Personnaly I would make him at war with everybody in canada haha

I just want to say this mod is REALLY good and it has revived my interest on the CVerse.

I created a character named "Summer DeColt" the daughter of Alex, a very green rookie but with the charisma and mic skills of a DeColt. I'm trying to bring CGC back to it's former glory and it has been a blast so far.

Renamed Ian Identity to Ian DeColt, a distant cousin from the og brothers and he has quickly risen up the card. Started a woman's division with Tammy McFly, KAtherine Goodlooks, Fuyuko higa and Lily & Rose that has been doing pretty good. Also formed a team called "Heaven to hell" with Diablo Duvak and White Angel (Franki Dee) and gave the tag titles to the Nest of Vipers (Mimic and Dagger). I plan to push Joey Poison to World Champ... he's now feuding with Gargantuan. Whippy The Clown, after being almost injured by DaLay transformed into "The Whip" a Sting-kind of character and finally got a decisive victory against Dan on WrestleFestival... now DaLay will feud with Zeus Maxmillion (who I also want to push).

Summer unfortunately got injured on February but I'm using her as a manager for the time being for Diablo and Angel.

I'm planning a 21CW save as the political warfare storyline is fascinating.

Naturally Landon Mallory is getting a mega-push but a lot of the other plans are still to be made.

I'm also looking at building a women's division as it seems something 21CW would consider, the two talented female workers at SNP will both be available relatively quickly and I plan on adding Pixie while convincing Kaliope Woodchuck to work in the UK.

That will at least give me four workers with decent pop in the UK, then I can pick a couple other talented workers like Thea Davis and Zofia Jankovic to build up alongside them.

Gonna give it a couple months until I pull the trigger (until I can sign the SNP workers) but I'm tempted to bring in Thea as a manager or something to at least start building her pop.

Teasenitryn - I had a look and in my version of the mod Urd, Skuld Verdana all have the same debut date...so maybe I already saw it and fixed it? I don't remember lol

CGC are one of those companies you will either love the struggle of returning them to greatness....or love to finally put out of business lol

Acey - I enjoyed that 21CW on-going storyline, was fun having pretty much everyone involved, and the lone wolfs were interesting to book. The only issue was the fact you could only have eight guys in angles, I think in my version I had guys being managers of other guys as it felt they should be involved in the angles, even if they weren't a major focus!

Thea and Zofia are a must in the UK women's scene, Kayley Red (not the most subtle Kay Lee Ray rip off) if my favourite UK women's wrestler though, a bad ass who'll take some painful bumps

and as a bonus here is some random trivia you for - Pixie is named after my cat lol

Teasenitryn - I had a look and in my version of the mod Urd, Skuld Verdana all have the same debut date...so maybe I already saw it and fixed it? I don't remember lol

CGC are one of those companies you will either love the struggle of returning them to greatness....or love to finally put out of business lol

Acey - I enjoyed that 21CW on-going storyline, was fun having pretty much everyone involved, and the lone wolfs were interesting to book. The only issue was the fact you could only have eight guys in angles, I think in my version I had guys being managers of other guys as it felt they should be involved in the angles, even if they weren't a major focus!

Thea and Zofia are a must in the UK women's scene, Kayley Red (not the most subtle Kay Lee Ray rip off) if my favourite UK women's wrestler though, a bad ass who'll take some painful bumps

and as a bonus here is some random trivia you for - Pixie is named after my cat lol

Yeah Thea and Zofia are good, and Kayley Red is indeed amazing! I love the render for her too.

Pixie is a sleeper of note - I reckon she could end up becoming the Daniel Bryan of my women's division - perennial underdog who just loves wrestling and has an infectious ability to get the fans behind her. And she has a bit of pop from her time at SNP which is incredibly useful.

I'll also probably bring in Jeri Behr as she's got pop, star quality, and decent in-ring skills. I'd have loved to bring in Helene Svensson but she's loyal to AAA so I'd have to bring her on a handshake deal :(