Alternative CornellVerse 2018 Mod (FULL RELEASE!)

I'm excited for this to release. This alt version of the CVerse mod is the only one I have ever really been able to get into

That's great to hear! 2022 version is coming along, done the top three companies in Mexico, just been running tests all day to make sure they all work fine. OLLIE kept losing insane money each month. Still can't work out why their wages are 30% higher the first month of a save then balance out, but they aren't going bankrupt within a year anymore lol

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update

Still working of Mexico, but I have completed SOTBPW, OLLIE, PCW (formally PWC in 2018 version), Skull, EMLL and CILL. So six down, three more to go

I'm pretty sure I thought the same in the 2018 version, but I am really liking how Mexico is set up in this mod. SOTBPW are still on top, but they do need to create some new stars. The thing I like about SOTBPW is that there are no huge standouts for them to push, everyone has strengths and weaknesses, 20 guys could play as them and 20 different wrestlers could get that main event push.

OLLIE, PCW and Skull all pushing to get to the top makes it more competitive too which was really needed.

I made a few changes to the EMLL set up, but they are changes I like. In this mod they rebranded to their horror style in October 2020, and I have it so all three rings are active primary titles, but give you special powers to help you win matches. I know that's not canon to the default database but I liked it a bit more. I also changed the product from grindhouse lucha, to comic book dark. Skull use grindhouse lucha, PCW use comic book lucha, in my head this is EMLL rebranding to be a mix of the two as those two are the new, popular promotions.

I anticipate Mexican promotions to be done by the end of next week/early week after. I then plan on editing all the unemployed workers of North America, not sure how long that will take, and then I am thinking of seeing if anyone is interested in running some North America only saves as there's a few things I want to see how they play - mostly relationships. I have added many more to make it more realistic/potentially slightly more challenging when it comes to hiring workers and dealing with backstage incidents. BUT I know in TEW2016 one shimmering tension relationship could kill your whole backstage area within a month if the workers started creating enemies, so I just want to make sure that doesn't happen in the mod!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ThorJ" data-cite="ThorJ" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51891" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just got reminded about this mod so to hear there is a new version coming out made my day!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Always good to hear!</p><p> </p><p> I completed MHW in a day after my last update, and half of the next company is completed already, so things are progressing nicely!</p>

• 3 weeks later...

Another update:

USA, Canada and Mexico all complete, including all unemployed workers.

Mexico have two new promotion, Quema de las Libelulas and Lucha Exotic from the Willr0ck add-on. QdiL are integrated and LE are an all-women's promotion. They are both insignificant but this obviously allows the Luchadora's to get some love, built up skills, pop, experience etc. So will help the Mexican scene. Plus who doesn't want to take a luchadora company from insignificant all the way to the top?

After thinking I was done with USA I analysed the simulated games, unemployed workers etc. and realised a couple of extra promotions were needed, so I added BestForTheBusiness promotion NEO Wrestling as an insignificant promotion in the North West, and Munit promotion Royal Crown Wrestling as an insignificant promotion in the South East

For companies that means there are now 26 active promotions in USA, and it also means there are at least two active promotions in every USA area except Puerto Rico and Hawaii, who have one each. For people interested in the comparison, that is 14 more active promotions in the USA compared to the default data, with the default data also having four regions of USA with no promotions at all.

For wrestlers that means there are now more guys working for more than one company, and that there are 20+ less unemployed workers, meaning more ways to gain experience and pop etc. again. However, even with that many less unemployed workers the mod still starts with 130 unemployed male wrestlers in the USA. Again, if you want to compare the default data has 93 unemployed active male wrestlers in the USA. So even with 14 extra promotions being active there is still a bigger free talent pool.

I know the numbers aren't important, it's how things play out. In the test sims I have done things look really good, with different companies growing and different workers gaining pop/skills

One last thing - I had originally killed the COTT, but due to one guy's feedback (he knows who he is lol) I have kept them active, so they have got a couple of extra promotions involved in the alliance and they have added two extra belts, the COTT World Super Junior and the COTT World Women's titles. So for those who like the COTT I think you'll be happy.

On to Japan next!

Man, this is so exciting! Popped into the thread to redownload the picture folder as I had the itch for another CVerse 2018 save, and it turns out we're well on the path to a brand new Fantasy CVerse!

Glad you're excited! Things are looking good

Just trying to decide what to do with Japan now, have a few ideas but need to settle on which direction to choose lol

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Chikbot" data-cite="Chikbot" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51891" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Glad to see we're like halfway-ish done to 2022. I love 2018 and I play it more than the actual C-Verse so I'm excited to see what gets done in Japan</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Japan is always hard for me as it's the area I know least about, so have to really look into things to work out what would happen lol</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dorian" data-cite="Dorian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="51891" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If the graphics requests where you talked about Burning & Glory is actually for 2022 AltVerse, I'm very intrigued with what you've got planned for Japan.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Mate I WISH I could decide on a direction for Japan lol. It is one of the ideas I had originally, but not sure it works for this instalment, I feel it is too soon.</p><p> </p><p> I wrote a few ideas down over the last year or so and just sort of thought once it came to looking through Japan something would feel right...but right now I'm struggling lol. It's funny as every other area I don't really plan, I just go through it and creative ideas come to me, but not with Japan for some reason</p>

The merger is easy to think up really if you mimic real life a little. What you do is you have a media company come along and swoop up some companies (PGHW and BHOTWG get merged as a result) and have them all be under the media corporation's umbrella.

You'd need to diversify the companies that are under the umbrella, but it would make it fun. The better part is that unlike with North America in having one be better than the other, any of these companies can become number one. Especially because each company wouldn't provide the same type of entertainment.

In fact, I would make the product change due to the media group. From Classic Mainstream Puroresu or whatever PGHW's is (I forget) and have it become East Meets West. This way, the product for Burning Pride and Glory Wrestling sits in a middle ground of INSPIRES and WLW.

The other companies can be like say KITSUNE (running as an Avantgarde Puroresu) and say willr0ck's Bushido Blood Puroresu (Slobberknock-Deathmatch?). One can be strictly Juniors (KITSUNE), the other heavyweights (BBP), with the cut off for both companies being Lightweight.

As an added bonuses with BPGW moving off of Classic Mainstream Puroresu, you could have JCW start up as a result of that (with them being CMP for product) and them gobbling up what's left of BCG. This way willr0ck's backstory for JCW and its unified titles sort of works in the CVerse and the AltVerse. Just you swap GCG for BCG.

The fun part of the AltVerse JCW is that they only kept the young talent wrestlers and told the old guard to bugger off. Maybe ironically have those old guard be the ones who are in BBP and causing headaches there to make people go "how do I navigate this load of bullocks".

Though that's just my thoughts on some things you could possibly do with Japan. Hope it helps.

The merger is easy to think up really if you mimic real life a little. What you do is you have a media company come along and swoop up some companies (PGHW and BHOTWG get merged as a result) and have them all be under the media corporation's umbrella.

You'd need to diversify the companies that are under the umbrella, but it would make it fun. The better part is that unlike with North America in having one be better than the other, any of these companies can become number one. Especially because each company wouldn't provide the same type of entertainment.

In fact, I would make the product change due to the media group. From Classic Mainstream Puroresu or whatever PGHW's is (I forget) and have it become East Meets West. This way, the product for Burning Pride and Glory Wrestling sits in a middle ground of INSPIRES and WLW.

The other companies can be like say KITSUNE (running as an Avantgarde Puroresu) and say willr0ck's Bushido Blood Puroresu (Slobberknock-Deathmatch?). One can be strictly Juniors (KITSUNE), the other heavyweights (BBP), with the cut off for both companies being Lightweight.

As an added bonuses with BPGW moving off of Classic Mainstream Puroresu, you could have JCW start up as a result of that (with them being CMP for product) and them gobbling up what's left of BCG. This way willr0ck's backstory for JCW and its unified titles sort of works in the CVerse and the AltVerse. Just you swap GCG for BCG.

The fun part of the AltVerse JCW is that they only kept the young talent wrestlers and told the old guard to bugger off. Maybe ironically have those old guard be the ones who are in BBP and causing headaches there to make people go "how do I navigate this load of bullocks".

Though that's just my thoughts on some things you could possibly do with Japan. Hope it helps.

It seems we think in a very similar way haha

I was thinking about the whole media company snapping them up, taking advantage of the wrestling scene being destroyed so getting some historic promotions on the cheap.

My issue is that it seems a bit soon....but then I often feel CVerse doesn't move quite enough haha. Part of me thinks that we need one more version where Japan is struggling and then have 2026 be the version with all the major changes

But then the other part thinks that I should really shake things up in order to play up the fact that this is the alternative CVerse!

It seems we think in a very similar way haha

I was thinking about the whole media company snapping them up, taking advantage of the wrestling scene being destroyed so getting some historic promotions on the cheap.

My issue is that it seems a bit soon....but then I often feel CVerse doesn't move quite enough haha. Part of me thinks that we need one more version where Japan is struggling and then have 2026 be the version with all the major changes

But then the other part thinks that I should really shake things up in order to play up the fact that this is the alternative CVerse!

I agree with you about the C-Verse moving too slow. Which is why an earth-shaker of a change like this sounds really cool. Hey, as long as the Deathmatch Joshi promotion that's in the Women's Rev pack is in the cards for your Japan, I'll likely be happy with whatever you dish out. You proved to me with CV18 that your pathing can be 100% trusted to make something interesting.

I agree with you about the C-Verse moving too slow. Which is why an earth-shaker of a change like this sounds really cool. Hey, as long as the Deathmatch Joshi promotion that's in the Women's Rev pack is in the cards for your Japan, I'll likely be happy with whatever you dish out. You proved to me with CV18 that your pathing can be 100% trusted to make something interesting.

I really appreciate that!

If you mean Warrior Queen 2020 then yes, I can confirm they are going to be in this mod!

Is there a database with just the new characters? I want to import them into my current game, so it'll mean that I'll have to mass edit their ages and debut years, to make them rookies in my game, but I'm not sure how to differentiate between the new characters, and the already existing CornellVerse characters.

Is there a database with just the new characters? I want to import them into my current game, so it'll mean that I'll have to mass edit their ages and debut years, to make them rookies in my game, but I'm not sure how to differentiate between the new characters, and the already existing CornellVerse characters.

Hey sorry, missed that yesterday

There isn't, you're actually not the first to ask so I have been making note of the new workers created for the 2022 version.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Chikbot - they're a great concept for a promotion!

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update on Japan:

It was going very slowly to start with as I needed to take my time as I don't know Japan quite as well as others areas. Then I had a few ideas but I had to decide which to go with. Plus a few real life things, which are always annoying lol

I had a lot of work to do with INSPIRES, including creating a whole new, more detailed/interesting schedule from scratch, and lots of testing it out, so that took a while, but things are ticking along now.

INSPIRES, WLW and BHOTWG have been completed, but to put it in perspective INSPIRES took about three weeks, BHOTWG took three days, so I'm confident the longest stretch is over and the rest of Japan shouldn't take too long...he says lol

Rosters and title lineages have been sorted out for PGHW, BCG, GCG and pretty much there for a couple of other promotions, but those three should get done pretty quickly too.

Quick update on Japan:

It was going very slowly to start with as I needed to take my time as I don't know Japan quite as well as others areas. Then I had a few ideas but I had to decide which to go with. Plus a few real life things, which are always annoying lol

I had a lot of work to do with INSPIRES, including creating a whole new, more detailed/interesting schedule from scratch, and lots of testing it out, so that took a while, but things are ticking along now.

INSPIRES, WLW and BHOTWG have been completed, but to put it in perspective INSPIRES took about three weeks, BHOTWG took three days, so I'm confident the longest stretch is over and the rest of Japan shouldn't take too long...he says lol

Rosters and title lineages have been sorted out for PGHW, BCG, GCG and pretty much there for a couple of other promotions, but those three should get done pretty quickly too.

Glad to see this is moving along quickly and you figured things out!

Glad to see this is moving along quickly and you figured things out!

Yeah definitely going a lot quicker now, PGHW and GCG have both been done since Monday, and BCG should be completed today too as the roster is 90% complete

Although there are more Japanese promotions active than I realised so still seven more to go, but that won't take too long

• 5 weeks later...

Another update - JAPAN IS FINALLY DONE!!

It took longer than expected, both the editing and because health issues slowed me down, but it is DONE.

One thing I want to add about Japan is that all of the renders of active workers are new style one's, I want to make this mod really feel different so any of the Japanese workers with the older version default renders (I'm sure you all know which I mean) are gone and replaced by updates

Other than, I believe, 3 masked wrestlers. That includes non-wrestlers too.

So list of Japanese promotions updated:

5 Star Supreme Wrestling

Black Canvas Grappling

Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods

EXODUS 2010

Golden Canvas Grappling

Inspire Diversity Group Strikes Back

Pride Glory Honor Wrestling

Pro Wrestling SAISHO

Warrior Engine XXV

WINNOW

World Level Wrestling

ZEN: Yamaguchi

Promotions added:

White Canvas Grappling

Warrior Queen 2020

Anyone following Willr0ck's work will know White Canvas Grappling was one of his creations, and Warrior Queen 2020 was from his mod. So thank you Willr0ck

I will be moving on to Europe and Britain next, planning to do both at the same time. However, before I moved on I just wanted a quick look at the worker stats, I am doing it all as I go with no pre-planning so I thought I would just make sure the stats are balanced...I don't mean to toot my own horn but as you can see from the picture below things are falling quite in line with the default data, which is obviously designed to be very balanced. I am impressed by that as like I say it wasn't pre-planned than x amount of workers would be great, x amount of workers good etc. So apparently I have got a knack for balance, go me haha. Although there are a lot more younger workers, but that's because I've added dojo graduates in line with how many should be graduating.

That image also gives you an idea of how many wrestlers have been added to the mod too, lots more options and variety!

Here's hoping the next areas don't take as long!! 4 areas down, 3 to go!

FZnomlh.png