Anyone else having trouble to get into TEW 2020

Hi, as the title said, I cant get myself to play tew2020, do not get me wrong it looks like I great game and I played lot of hours on tew2016, but I just cant get into this version. No idea where should I start, what should I do, just nothing lol, I would start same save as I had in 2016, but I would just copy my previous ideas and would not do anything new. Is anyone else having the trouble to get into the game? Any tips appreciated haha.

Yeah I'm the same. I had a decent save as AEW but it ended up getting ridiculous when I was at higher pop than WWE but couldnt sign any of their wrestlers even when I bettered their offer.

Same trying a WWE save the ratings for a WWE product I just cant get to work whatsoever.

Yes. This is the first game I haven’t purchased (yet). I’ve played every version going back to EWR days.

The game looks great and I am behind every change pretty much. I think it’s mostly that no mod has caught my fancy yet (I’ve never liked the Cornellverse). I’m sure I’ll eventually buy but right now I’m still on the fence.

I've started at least four saves on different patches with the intention of playing long-term. Every time, a new issue has cropped up which ruins my game world. TEW 2020 simply is not built for long-term saves. The pop gains, skill increases, finances and more become so imbalanced after a couple of in-game years that it becomes unplayable. That said, the game is great for those first couple of years.

I also struggled to get into the CVerse at first because so little had happened in the four years since the last game. Almost all the rosters were very similar to 2016 and it was hard to know where to start as I'd already booked those rosters on the previous game. It was a really half-hearted update. I ended up starting my own company and only hired newer guys. That was better until I hit the two-year mark and the imbalances started to show again.

So, I've struggled to get into it a lot. I've actually put it aside for now and only look at the forums at the weekend to see if anything has changed. It doesn't look like these problems have even been acknowledged never mind addressed. I'm concerned that I may never get to play a long-term save in an otherwise good game.

I've started at least four saves on different patches with the intention of playing long-term. Every time, a new issue has cropped up which ruins my game world. TEW 2020 simply is not built for long-term saves. The pop gains, skill increases, finances and more become so imbalanced after a couple of in-game years that it becomes unplayable. That said, the game is great for those first couple of years.

I also struggled to get into the CVerse at first because so little had happened in the four years since the last game. Almost all the rosters were very similar to 2016 and it was hard to know where to start as I'd already booked those rosters on the previous game. It was a really half-hearted update. I ended up starting my own company and only hired newer guys. That was better until I hit the two-year mark and the imbalances started to show again.

So, I've struggled to get into it a lot. I've actually put it aside for now and only look at the forums at the weekend to see if anything has changed. It doesn't look like these problems have even been acknowledged never mind addressed. I'm concerned that I may never get to play a long-term save in an otherwise good game.

I have three long term games right now, and I will admit that companies can make too much cash. In my 1920-present day sim, over 25 companies have 50 million in the bank.

<p>I have a lot of hours with TEW2016 and it takes me many games to start to be really involve in 2020 and adapt to the new interface. Yet everything is good for me. When i started to work on a mod, it helps me a lot to really get use to the game and new mechanics.</p><p> </p><p>

I also notice that companies grows really fast (in mod at least. I don't play C-verse very much unfortunately)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52232" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I also struggled to get into the CVerse at first because so little had happened in the four years since the last game. Almost all the rosters were very similar to 2016 and it was hard to know where to start as I'd already booked those rosters on the previous game. <strong>It was a really half-hearted update</strong>.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> THIS! The glory days of the cverse are over. it peaked in '10</p><p> </p><p> why put an effort into this side of the game when the player base is going to do it for free? </p><p> </p><p> why invest to update the 15 year old renders when the player base has done it 10 times over for free.</p><p> </p><p> The same could be said about skins as well the player base will just make better ones for free.</p><p> </p><p> I'm personally waiting for the thunderverse to be released I've never played it before so it will be something new and exciting and fresh to get into.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52232" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I also struggled to get into the CVerse at first because so little had happened in the four years since the last game. Almost all the rosters were very similar to 2016 and it was hard to know where to start as I'd already booked those rosters on the previous game. It was a really half-hearted update. I ended up starting my own company and only hired newer guys. That was better until I hit the two-year mark and the imbalances started to show again.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm a big 21CW fan and have to say 16 to 20 was a bit of a let down. The roster really hasn't changed that much and neither have the standing most of the guys within the company. Its hard not to start a game an reshash all the same storylines. To keep me interested I'm trying to write a really indepth dynasty this time round and use alot of my ideas from 16 in it.</p>

<p>Not really. I disagree with people saying that the C-Verse hasn't changed much. Certainly a lot better than the move from 2013 into 2016. I think the new product system helps the rosters feel as though they have more variety. It's alright.</p><p> </p><p>

I think the game is very fun, but some of the warts are beginning to show. It appears way too easy to get main eventers into the 95+ popularity levels in bigger companies. The momentum system is just not as captivating as promised, as well. It's essentially like if you're a main eventer, you have White Hot momentum, and if you have White Hot momentum, you're a main eventer.</p>

It’s disappointing that the main cons that are being brought up are the same things people posted about with no feedback during release.

This is the issue. When the game was released I hated it, but I thought "well, there's been a lot of very specific feedback, and some of the things myself and others dislike the most should be very easy fixes." So I checked the first few updates eagerly and none of the changes any of us wanted were made. Then I left it a while before I checked again, tried the demo again, and it was exactly the same game with a slightly re-ordered office screen.

I've come to the realisation that any patches now are simply to fix bugs (and the majority of the patches so far have also been solely to fix bugs). This is the game now.

Just wanted to add a different take...

I picked up 2020 a few months ago. Had tried the demo's in the past, but really couldn't get into them due to how deep they were. I'm usually into that kind of level of detail, but just didn't click for whatever reason. Had time due to Covid/quarantine and played the demo and liked it enough to pick up the full version and lost myself for about a week or so in the game right off the bat. Had the time to really play around and learn the interface as well as get into a booking ‘rhythm’. It did take a while to find my way around and navigate using the interface, but I enjoyed the sensation of 'learning' as I went, and unlike a lot of you hand't been spoiled by past versions. Made some mistakes and just went with them. Anyway, I'm still playing my first C-Verse save and I'm now in 2030 and still really enjoying it. The level of depth is unlike any sim I've played before (was a big franchise mode guy with sports console games like NHL and Fifa and Madden...as well as plenty of football manager sims and games like Baseball Mogul). Sure, I've encountered some funny business type stuff...and the comments about all he companies being flush with cash is accurate. USPW is closing in on $1 billion...but it a world with this many companies, it would make sense for them to have money. I mean, WWE is a billion dollar company? It also feels, from my perspective, like there is a living, breathing 'wrestling universe' that is operating around my promotion...again, I see some funky stuff now and then, but ultimately I've been able to do what I enjoy doing, which is book wrestling angles and matches, sign free agents and try and develop rivalries and stars. The C-Verse has been a ton of fun diving into. I started off with ACPW, then took over CZCW around year 6...so I've been focused on Lightweights exclusively this first playthough...while still paying attention to what the Big Boys are doing. I also dabbled with one of the real world scenarios, but didn't find it nearly as fun as the C-Verse. I know from a lot of the comments criticizing the game, there are a lot of 'real world' promoters who are feeling let down so far...and that too may be fair. I'm not a programmer, but could it be there just haven't been any great mods, or significant alterations to the game because it is still so new, relatively speaking, and that maybe in another 6 months or so we may see a game changer? Is the Thunderverse I keep hearing about a candidate? And I hate to keep bringing up the pandemic, but couldn't the fact that were in the middle of a global crisis maybe limiting the kind of 'deep dive' into the game that would be required to make some of the alterations that people are asking for...if indeed they really are necessary?

Sorry for the long winded response, but as a new player I feel like I've more than got my money's worth and then some (I've probably easily put in 100 hours so far...not to mention is helped occupy my mind at a time when I really needed something to do that..) and still hop on a few times a week to play either for an hour..or maybe longer...and am anticipating what my next save will be. I’m sure I may have a completely different tone had I been like many of you and played previous versions, and maybe upon a second or third playthrough the rose coloured glasses will come off…but aside a few minor gripes, nothing that has stopped me from enjoying the game 10 game years in. Just my two cents.

I also would like to say I agree with DrRDuke. I actually skipped 2016 as I found this franchise through steam 2 years ago and played 2013. Figured since 2020 was announced at the time I'd wait for 2020's release. I finally got around to do a long term save with BHOTWG and have had a lot of fun! And the jump from 13 to 20 has been great! I never played 16 or really got too deep into real world mods, so I could see some of the complaints raised here being valid. But as a fun wrestler tycoon style game I've really enjoyed it! Especially fighting USPW for every single one of my gaijins

From what I've seen the whole issue of momentum/pop staying way too high could be fixed fairly easily by looking at the way 90+ matches affect both. It seems like no amount of losing matters if the match is good enough.

From what I've noticed with my WLW save if you throw a midcarder into the main to eat the loss (not obvious booking at all....;)) they will lose momentum and a tiny amount of pop if you do it 2 or 3 times without a win in there. I just haven't gotten to the point where the workers can consistently put out 90+ 6-man matches to test it.

THIS! The glory days of the cverse are over. it peaked in '10

why put an effort into this side of the game when the player base is going to do it for free?

why invest to update the 15 year old renders when the player base has done it 10 times over for free.

The same could be said about skins as well the player base will just make better ones for free.

I'm personally waiting for the thunderverse to be released I've never played it before so it will be something new and exciting and fresh to get into.

Yeah you do it because you're charging them $50 for it.

Still won't buy this and likely never will. This was the game that killed TEW for me, and I cannot fathom the hours I've put into Ryland's games over the last 15 years.

UYI

I've sunk the hours into this game to warrant the price tag and I've enjoyed it-- I can see the issues though as I'm closing in on a 2 year save but there are high profile console games that get released which are messy sometimes, it isn't okay, but it gets addressed and I have faith it will iron itself out as I've happily followed this franchise for years and years (and years).

I think the gripes about the narrative progression of the c-verse from '16 to '20 is warranted though, particularly the women's wrestling scene. Willrock's mod really saved the c-verse for me as I am more inclined to women's divisions, promotions etc.-- I think that was a missed opportunity and maybe reflective of not having women or women's wrestling fans in the design process...

Just wanted to add a different take...

And I hate to keep bringing up the pandemic, but couldn't the fact that were in the middle of a global crisis maybe limiting the kind of 'deep dive' into the game that would be required to make some of the alterations that people are asking for...if indeed they really are necessary?

I mean, more free time away from work should aid development, not hurt it. GDS can't have a big office or anything like that. Mod Makers it really depends. Some people are Travel Nurses or Firefighters and the like and those people are probably pulling overtime. Everybody else should be at home unless they live in the deep south. And then they're probably in a hospital or wish they could afford one.

I mean, more free time away from work should aid development, not hurt it. GDS can't have a big office or anything like that. Mod Makers it really depends. Some people are Travel Nurses or Firefighters and the like and those people are probably pulling overtime. Everybody else should be at home unless they live in the deep south. And then they're probably in a hospital or wish they could afford one.

My thinking here is that the pandemic has thrown everything out of whack. Time and energy are now being spent on a whole raft of other 'issues' inside the job and outside...companies are just trying to survive...well laid plans have been ruined. Workers working from home. Family members getting sick. This may not be relevant for a small game company, but it also might be?