What do you do with all your money?

I've reached the point now where I have my own network at enormous in every area, I have my own 150,000 seater stadium, I have my performance centre on max levels.

What do you do with your money then?

-Give your entire revenue away as a bonus to your roster

-Put random jobbers on $1,000,000 contracts

-Hire every single worker in the game

Pump money into feds you have relationships with or make relationships and give them some to stay afloat. I've been giving MAW 100,000 every month for example but once I get more into my current save and get all the monies, ill spread it around to keep feds alive and not see them close down.

Since money is discussed here, what I was always wondering: Wouldn't it be more realistic, if there would be material costs of some kind?

For example, when I wanna introduce a new championship or trophy or change the design of an existing one, wouldn't it cost money, to make that belt/trophy? Or when I wanna have a Steel Cage Match with a completely new company, I would need a Cage, so I had to buy one. If I have a segment, where someone destroys a bus with a steelbeam, I would need a bus and a crane with a stellbeam and so forth ...

I know the focus of the series is the booking, but I think, it could be fun, to keep an eye on eventuall material costs, while booking things.

Since money is discussed here, what I was always wondering: Wouldn't it be more realistic, if there would be material costs of some kind?

For example, when I wanna introduce a new championship or trophy or change the design of an existing one, wouldn't it cost money, to make that belt/trophy? Or when I wanna have a Steel Cage Match with a completely new company, I would need a Cage, so I had to buy one. If I have a segment, where someone destroys a bus with a steelbeam, I would need a bus and a crane with a stellbeam and so forth ...

I've always just used the 'miscellaneous' line in the finances section to explain away stuff like that since it's a sort of 'vague' expense line.

There needs to be some sort of challenge for end game situations to keep the game fun. Ultimately I'd like to see more potential for your promotion to lose popularity as you start getting bigger and bigger. One thing I thought about is how talent could start to become disgruntled in a titanic company because they're not being billed as a top star like they are accustomed to in smaller companies. I think an overall more challenging approach to morale would make the game more interesting. See more talent refuse to resign when their contract is up. It would make it harder to just snatch up all the top talent because you obviously can't book everyone as a top talent. IDK, just thinking of ways to make running a big promotion more challenging. I suppose mod makers could use random events that drop top promotions down in popularity as a way to keep things interesting.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DrRDuke" data-cite="DrRDuke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52277" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've always just used the 'miscellaneous' line in the finances section to explain away stuff like that since it's a sort of 'vague' expense line.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Costs should be bigger here to balance things better. Otherwise, the wrestling industry apparently becomes a billion dollar industry.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52277" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Costs should be bigger here to balance things better. Otherwise, the wrestling industry apparently becomes a billion dollar industry.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree. I'm just saying how I rationalize it for my own games. Same goes for merch. I have no problem raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars in merch sales, especially if a worker is a star, but it would cool to have that balanced better with the cost to print t-shirts and make toys shown more clearly. Doesn't break the game at all for me, just something I have to get creative to play with. Not saying everyone can and should, but I try to find ways to enjoy the game if it's just a small thing here or there.</p><p> </p><p> edit: having said that, there are deals in real life where a company produces the product (toy) and just pays a licence, so they incur the cost and risk, and wrestling company just gets a flat fee as it were. I just try and use my imagination...and again, a few wrinkles isn't going to take me out of such a great game...at least not yet.</p><p> </p><p> editedit: I still feel the miscellaneous is a pretty generous catch-all and, for me, explains away some of the financial OPness I see. And as other have said, the wrestling industry in the C-Verse is big...so it isn't unreasonable to assume there'd be a lot more money floating around to be snatched up by companies. We've got people in this 'Verse' playing basketball for $40 million a year, with teams worth north of $2 billion. Whose to say wrestling isn't 10X bigger in the C-Verse than the NBA is in ours?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52277" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Costs should be bigger here to balance things better. Otherwise, the wrestling industry apparently becomes a billion dollar industry.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Its not already!?!</p>

Even if the wrestling industry in TEW / Cornellverse is worth billions of dollars, the companies themselves shouldn't have that sort of cash sitting around. The value of companies in real life isn't how much cash flow they have, it's how much the stock is worth. In TEW, a lot of the profit the companies make should be paid to stockholders, owners, banks, etc. Much more needs to be assigned to 'miscellaneous' to cover this sort of thing.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheChef" data-cite="TheChef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="52277" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Even if the wrestling industry in TEW / Cornellverse is worth billions of dollars, the companies themselves shouldn't have that sort of cash sitting around. The value of companies in real life isn't how much cash flow they have, it's how much the stock is worth. In TEW, a lot of the profit the companies make should be paid to stockholders, owners, banks, etc. Much more needs to be assigned to 'miscellaneous' to cover this sort of thing.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This. The money in TEW seems to be the total amount the company is worth and not the actual operating income.</p>

At that point, just start fantasy booking as there is no need to "prove" that you can afford someone's contract or broadcasting deal.

I have found that my biggest flaw when I get filthy rich is I start hiring random wrestlers just because. And I bet I'm not alone here, I bet most TEW players go on a spending spree when they have an overabundance of money...

...so intentionally limit your roster. It doesn't matter how much money you have, you can only have X amount of wrestlers on your roster.

At that point, just start fantasy booking as there is no need to "prove" that you can afford someone's contract or broadcasting deal.

I have found that my biggest flaw when I get filthy rich is I start hiring random wrestlers just because. And I bet I'm not alone here, I bet most TEW players go on a spending spree when they have an overabundance of money...

...so intentionally limit your roster. It doesn't matter how much money you have, you can only have X amount of wrestlers on your roster.

I think most of us have to do this after a certain amount of time has passed in-game. But should the player really have to intentionally restrict themselves to make a simulation game simulate reality? Or should the game simply be properly balanced before or shortly after release?

Sorry to double post, but I had another thought. I became the #1 promotion in the world as MAW, had endless cash flow, and the game was easy to just crank out ratings because my top end was super over. To add a challenge to the game, I did two things.

First, I initiated a brand split, and it really opened my eyes. My top guys were great, all over, talented, but my midcard was weak. I had a few guys to push up the card, but a bunch of really unpopular guys that I now had to figure out a way to get over fast so that my booking at the top of the card didn't get as repetitive as WWE's, where you just see the same main event matches for years on end.

Second, I turned on young lions for the company and started booking them like New Japan does. They're characterless jobbers that are learning to work until they hit the 20-25 exp range, and then I send them out on excursion. When they come back, I make it a goal to push them up the card. Instead of just hiring the usual suspects like David Stone (who's destiny roll is kind of crap in my game...) I force myself to work with guys that began from nothing, and it's been satisfying watching some turn into legitimate workers.