Hawaiian Punch Pro (Women's Cverse 2020)

Hawaii Punch Pro

Poipu, Kauai

September 2019

FiCeb0l.jpg

SokpXG2.jpgHquGcl9.jpg

I thought I had gotten the sport out of my system. I was living the last 2 years in Kauai with my husband and our two kids. I was working as a personal trainer at the Poipu Beach Club and life was good. But then my best friend Jaime Quine came out to Kauai for a vacation and to see me. She was working for USPW now after having left AAA when the company folded. We had trained together in her sisters gym (The Cats Liar) and became great friends. We even stayed that way after her sister Catherine and I had a falling out. We talked together about the times we worked for BSC down in Las Vegas. We certainly had a lot of fun there and they were great times. Of course our boss Honey Golightly screwed that all up with her dealings with the mob but that is another story for another day.

After BSC shut down in 2012, I started my first hiatus from wrestling. My husband and I decided to start a family and we had a couple of kids and things were good. But then the wrestling bug started pulling on my sleeve again and Jaime was trying to get me to come back to AAA and work things out with Catherine. We eventually did and of course we turned the whole thing into a big “worked shoot” and did really good business from late 2014 until late 2017. At that time things were changing, Catherine was having issues in her personal life with that husband of hers Damien (the creep). He was cheating on her all the time and even came on to me at one show. That would likely be a night he never forgot and not for anything fun for his part.

AAA had started to struggle as Catherine’s attention was more in her personal life and so it felt like time so I left the company. We moved out here to Kauai where we had a great condo, went into the vacation rental business and I went into personal training. As Jaime and I talked our conversation shifted to the lack of opportunities for women currently trying to make a career out of wrestling. Besides QAW, and of course the giant USPW, there were not a lot of spots and opportunities. Down in Mexico there was OLLIE still doing well and 5 Star in Japan. CWA had a division and CZCW had added women but was more into the inter gender type matches that I just didn’t like. While we were having drinks down at Duke’s, she threw out the idea of starting a promotion here. While the island was small, it was a great place to live and there were lots of vacation activities and community events that a company could center things around. I laughed at Jaime but she continued on and was serious about it. I said to her Jaime, you are the USPW Women’s World Champion, why would you be worried about this. She indicated to me that she had less than 2 years left on her contract and after that she’d likely to be ready to give up the weekly road trip grind. When I asked her if she’d like to partner on it, she immediately said yes. While she was under contract for now, she’d love to come out here and be involved. But until then she was willing to be a financial investor in the project.

We had dinner that night and she was taking off in the morning, but she kept on the idea. She could tell that there was still a fire in me for the business so I said I’ll talk with my husband and I’ll think about it. When Jaime left the next morning I was thinking about our conversation the whole drive back from the airport (a big 20 minute drive). I had been involved with 2 companies for most of my career, and both had failed and are no longer open, although for very different reasons. Jaime was also right about the lack of opportunities for women to get exposure and work in the business.

After talking with my husband, he agreed to help get things started. Part of me thought I was crazy, that at 30 and a mother of two, why would I get back into pro wrestling? Life was good on Kauai, we were happy and here I was thinking about getting back into the crazy world of wrestling. But the sport, and to me it was a sport, it had bitten me at a young age. I wrestled in high school back in Washington state, I had been a state champion. I had wrestled professionally and helped change the way BSC was viewed and then had a successful run in AAA. They were both gone now and the question was can I do better?

The answer was of course I can, I’m Kate Avatar!

SokpXG2.jpg

I'm still a rookie at this and I admit I bit of more than I could chew on my first attempt in January. Things were hectic and I dove into a start up company, with weekly TV and with both a male and female roster. So I am dialing it back a bit this time with a monthly show and just a woman's roster.

We will do better this time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late September 2019 - 4 months to the first show.

FiCeb0l.jpg

So we decided to target having our first show in late January 2020, but there was a lot to do before that and we only had 4 months to get ready. We needed:

• To find a venue to host our events
  • Find a local sponsors if we could
  • Get our name out in the community
  • Produce a few quick radio spots
  • Find a authority figure head for the company
  • Maybe most importantly we needed to hire a crew

HWjEBPt.jpg

That was just to get things started. Jaime suggested that I contact Erin Lawrence who had been a top notch referee in Texas working with QAW. I knew Erin pretty well but I had no idea she wasn’t working with Farrah anymore. Jaime mentioned to me that she was looking to get out of Texas and might be interested in working in Hawaii. My husband and I also talked about marketing and how we could get the show exposure by putting it on the internet. We’d have to do some broadcasting and he and I would work out the details of that since we were not going to hire anyone at this time for commentary roles.

SokpXG2.jpg544oZgj.jpgfyFa4kP.jpg

I was kind of thinking about how we could add a training school when my husband mentioned Molokai was opening a school. I asked him why someone would open a wrestling school there and he said not the island, Molokai Milk. I had forgotten that the Hawaiian born worker had settled here on Kauai. If he was starting a school then maybe he could also work with us and be sort of a commissioner or some sort of figure head for us. That way I could just be a wrestler in front of the fans and not the boss. So I asked him if he could get ahold of Molokai and invite him over for dinner. Since he and Molokai had become friends several years ago it was a pretty easy deal.

A month later we had our referee Erin Lawerence and our de facto authority figure in Molokai lined up. Molokai was going to open up a school and he’d be training and send us anyone that had any potential. In the meantime, I had worked out a deal with a local luau group to use their theatre as a place to hold our events. The stands were covered and it had the space and covering where the dance show was done for the luau’s. It would seat way more than we’d ever need to start with (500). Things were coming together but I really needed to start putting together a roster.

As I started calling around to see who was available, I also decided we needed a championship belt made. As the final BSC champion, I had the BSC Queen of the Ring title and decided to commission someone to make a new Queen of the Ring title belt based on that one. On our first show we would have some sort of tournament and depending on who I was able to bring in, then I’d settle on who was our first champion. Who we brought in would also decide if I was going to be a heel or babyface. I could play either pretty well. My husband felt I should just win the tournament and be the champion, but I wasn’t sold on that idea. I just told him we’d see who was available for that first night.

AXOKxbq.jpg

FiCeb0l.jpg

ZFa77TP.jpg

Molokai’s training facility was actually part of a former sporting goods store on the island. It had a high enough roof in it to have workers stand on the tops rope, jump and not have to worry about hitting their heads. He had a lot of weights and cardio equipment set up, along with a couple of rings. It was a pretty good setup for him and was just 5 minutes from the beach. Being close to the beach was important to Molokai as you never knew when he would just go and ride some waves. He was a really unique character to be sure, but he is going to be perfect as our authority figure.

I had reached out and started making offers to workers and of course dove in too far. With me wrestling we really only needed 7 other talents, but I reached out to a total of 13. Once everyone is signed I’ll go into who they all are. Between me, Jaime, Molokai and Erin we decided to set up 4 opening round 3-way matches. The winners would advance into the semi-finals and at the end of the night we’d have the final. I kind of like that setup as we would like to have someone be the champion at the end of the night.

PfWtc0t.jpgSokpXG2.jpg

My first phone call was with someone who I had a very up and down relationship with. Farrah Hesketh was a former wrestler who's career was ended by injury in 2002. She worked with AAA in various roles until 2007 until she left working various indie shows. In 2010 she started QAW about the same time that I went to Vegas with Tamara McFly to try and turn BSC around. Catherine Quine and I had some issues and well The Cat definitely talked to her former in ring rival. Fortunately over the years we have been able to smooth things over but I was still nervous. Farrah's QAW promotion was currently the only operating company in the US for women. While it wasn't a huge promotion she had been very successful for 10 years. We didn't need her in our quest here in Kauai, but not being enemies would be a nice start. While I was talking with Farrah about what we were going to try and do here, she suggested that she might be able to send me a few talents. It was then that I told her that I would like to hire one of them now but was willing to give work to some of the wrestlers she would like to see get more opportunities. It was then I told her about a program that would see one of her wrestlers develop a chip on her shoulder do to lack of opportunities. I would work with this person because I felt she had a lot to offer and maybe with a change of scenery she would blossom. Farrah agreed that it would be interesting to see what she could come up with and she then gave me her blessing to let the wrestler in question even throw some barbs her way. We also agreed that later in the year we would get together in San Antonio to talk about how we could work with each other further if we kept going. I assured her we would be in business and I'd see her then later this summer.

Right now our show is set for the 4th Thursday night of the month since the cruise ship is in. I’d rather it be on Friday but the ship pulls out of port at 2pm and that just doesn’t work. Whether or not we pick up some fans from the ship will remain to be seen. Since we are working a day when there is a big luau, the matches will start at 3:30 and be done before some of the luau program starts at 6:15. That will give us time to get the ring down before the 8:00 pm luau dance show.

This first event we have set a really low ticket price. We have posters and have been doing local marketing but don’t have a lot of exposure. We have signed several local sponsorship deals including Captain Andy’s cruises, Bubba’s Burgers and Chicken in a Barrel. We have radio spots running on FM 97 which is one of the main radio stations on the island.

2SGtwNP.jpgy4HPet4.pngTbAbmfT.jpg

FiCeb0l.jpg

Hawaiian Punch Pro Wrestling

Based in Poipu, HI (Kauai)

Start Date - January 2020

hDoYT1r.jpg

Company President and Head Authority Figure

Head Trainer at the Molokai Milk Wrestling Factory

SokpXG2.jpg

Kate Avatar (Stevens)

Wrestler

Head Booker

544oZgj.jpg

Martin Stevens

Road Agent, Announcer on Webcasts and Marketing

HquGcl9.jpg

Jaime Quine

Role-????

Current USPW Women's World Champion

HWjEBPt.jpg

Erin Lawrence

Head Referee

AXOKxbq.jpg

Hawaii Punch Pro Queen of the Ring

Current Title Holder - Vacant

FiCeb0l.jpg

Announces its Very First Event

Breaking New Ground

Martin Stevens - Welcome everyone to the HPP Control Center. I am your host Martin Stevens and I am joined by my mysterious broadcast partner the Black Scorpion.

Black Scorpion (female voice) - The action will be very hot this coming Thursday as we will have 12 of the very best wrestlers in the world.

Martin Stevens - That is right. To explain how this will work there will be 12 wrestlers competing in four 3-way matches to opening the tournament. The winners of those matches will advance to the semi-finals and the winners will meet in the finals.

Black Scorpion - The last woman standing at the end of the night will be crowned the very first Hawaiian Punch Pro Queen of the Ring Champion.

Martin Stevens - Any predictions on the outcome there my mysterious partner?

Black Scorpion - They are all just lucky that I am not involved in this event. That is really all I have to say on the matter until the matches on Thursday.

Breaking New Ground

Match Listing

Match #1 - Deborah Tully vs Simony Sentinel vs Maria Guest

Match #2 - Kate Avatar vs Victoria King vs Olivia Diamond

Match #3 - Kristen Crane vs Miranda Breaks vs Emma May

Match #4 - Kalliope Woodchuck vs Sabrina Wells vs Ana Morales

Semi-Finals #1 - Match #1 Winner vs Match #2 Winner

Semi-Finals #2 - Match #3 Winner vs Match #4 Winner

Finals - Winner SF#1 vs Winner SF #2 (Winner crowned the HPP Queen of the Ring)

Bonus Questions -

#1 - One wrestler will not be able to compete and will be replaced by Christina Simon. Who will not be able to compete?

#2 - What will the opening night attendance be (Popularity in Hawaii 5)

#3 - Best match of the night in the Opening round matches?

#4 - While the format seems straight forward in the tournament I will ask the question, at the end of the night who will be the Queen of the Ring?

Predictions on welcome. I will keep track and eventually there will be a prize at the end of the 3 show. 10 points are on the line for this show.

I am aiming for Thursday night to have the show up so there will be a couple of days before it is posted

Semi-Finals #1 - Maria Guest vs Kate Avatar

Semi-Finals #2 - Emma May vs Kalliope Woodchuck

Finals -Kate Avatar vs. Emma May

Bonus Questions -

#1 - One wrestler will not be able to compete and will be replaced by Christina Simon. Who will not be able to compete? Sabrina Wells

#2 - What will the opening night attendance be (Popularity in Hawaii 5): 65

#3 - Best match of the night in the Opening round matches? Match #2

#4 - While the format seems straight forward in the tournament I will ask the question, at the end of the night who will be the Queen of the Ring?: Kate Avatar!

Introducing some of the wrestlers here in Hawaiian Punch Pro

FiCeb0l.jpg

At Molokai Milk Training School, some of the wrestlers are getting in some workouts prior to the show later this week. Milk has about 5 trainees under development right now and some are in the ring working out. Molokai has allowed access to the gym for the heel workers between 9-noon and then babyface workers are allowed in between 2pm-5pm. A camera crew is there as Milk is allowing them to shoot some footage he hopes to use to bring more attention to his training school.

fyFa4kP.jpgWASrhvW.jpg

In the ring, Molokai watches as a young trainee is working out in the ring with Emma May. May has already pounded one of the trainee's pretty good and seems to be enjoying hitting some heavy strikes on another. Molokai has seen enough and steps into the ring to break off the "sparring".

Molokai - Emma, you need to be a little more gentle with these girls. They are just getting their feet wet.

Emma May - Look here Molokai, did anyone take it easy on me when I was starting out? Did they take it easier on you when you started out back in the stone age? No, we got put through the grinder, spit up and chew out. These girls want to know what it takes to be a real pro? Well listen up ladies, its a hard road. The opportunities are few and unless you make someone take notice of you, they don't give a damn how many of these flippy floppy things you all seem to like. Good looks and fancy moves don't get it done in this business. Now if you all want to see how it is really done, then come down to the matches Thursday night. I promise you, I will show you all what it takes to be a champion. And if Farrah ever happens to see this clip, I am dedicating the ass kicking I will be delivering on Thursday to you. You have ignored my talent for too long. Now I show you what you were missing, and if anyone says the name Kate Avatar in here, then you will get the next beating. I am so tired of hearing here name and I have only been here for a few days. I hope that Kate survives her matches Thursday. I want to take her on and prove to everyone that I am actually the better wrestler. I want my respect damn it Molokai, and I am going to take it out on whoever gets in my way. I hope I see you in the Finals Kate, I know I will be there!

(With that Emma May storms out of the main portion of the gym and back to the locker room, while several trainees look on in shocked awe)

EVwiMCL.jpgJQATagY.jpg

In another part of the training facility two other wrestlers are seen talking on the phone. While we can't hear what is being said on the phone it is clear that something is up.

J-Money - Yeah we understand......don't worry the plan will go off without any issues......yeah we have it we take out the young pretty one....yeah you can count on us.

(J-Money hangs up the phone and says to her partner Christine Simon)

J-Money - We have our instructions for Thursday and (notices the camera guy listening in) there appear to be stooges here in the gym. Let's take our conversation outside and if anyone is stupid enough to follow us.

Christine - Then I'll introduce them to the Pain Game

(Both laugh as they leave the gym).

SokpXG2.jpgQaj4viq.jpgVOCL8g2.jpg

Later on in the afternoon Kate Avatar, Deborah Tully and Kalliope Woodchuck are all seen working out together. The younger grapplers are definitely talking with the veteran Avatar and discussion things for the opening show.

Kate - You guys are the future of this business. Anytime you want to talk about things here you just let me know. It's ladies like you that Hawaiian Punch Pro is here. Kalliope, I would love to hear some of your stories about Zen, everything seems so zany and off the wall there. And Deborah, I know your mom didn't have a great experience in wrestling, but a lot has changed since she was in the ring. Your small but you have a lot of heart and talent. A friend of mine a few years ago was considered "too small" and she is one of the more feared submission wrestlers in our business today (She is speaking of Paige Croft).

Deborah - I think Kalliope and I would love to hear about BSC and how you and Tamara McFly helped changed that promotion around before that lady, who was she again, anyway before she ended up missing or killed by the mob?

Kalliope - That would be interesting but I really want to hear about training in the Cat's Lair with Catherine Quine. She is a legend in this business and its really a shame what happened to AAA.

Kate - Let's get our workouts in and then head over to grab some drinks at the Barefoot Bar and we can talk old school.

fyFa4kP.jpg

Just as everything seems calm, Molokai Milk abruptly gets up

Molokai Milk - Surf's up, I'm out for a bit but Martin will you and Kate lock up when everyone is done. I have to go hit some of these waves I'm hearing about at Lydgate.

(Just a brief look inside some of the things going on heading up to the Breaking New Ground Event on Thursday).

Semi-Finals #2 - Emma May vs Sabrina Wells

Finals - Kate Avatar vs Emma May

Bonus Questions -

#1 - One wrestler will not be able to compete and will be replaced by Christina Simon. Who will not be able to compete? Kalliope Woodchuck

#2 - What will the opening night attendance be (Popularity in Hawaii 5) 32

#3 - Best match of the night in the Opening round matches? Match B

#4 - While the format seems straight forward in the tournament I will ask the question, at the end of the night who will be the Queen of the Ring? Emma May

Finals - Kate Avatar vs Emma May (Winner crowned the HPP Queen of the Ring)

Bonus Questions -

#1 - One wrestler will not be able to compete and will be replaced by Christina Simon. Who will not be able to compete? Kalliope Woodchuck

#2 - What will the opening night attendance be (Popularity in Hawaii 5) 50

#3 - Best match of the night in the Opening round matches? Match #1

#4 - While the format seems straight forward in the tournament I will ask the question, at the end of the night who will be the Queen of the Ring? Emma May

Semi-Finals #1 - Simony Sentinel vs Olivia Diamond

Finals - Olivia Diamond vs Emma May (Winner crowned the HPP Queen of the Ring)

Bonus Questions -

#1 - One wrestler will not be able to compete and will be replaced by Christina Simon. Who will not be able to compete? Miranda Breaks

#2 - What will the opening night attendance be (Popularity in Hawaii 5) 44

#3 - Best match of the night in the Opening round matches? Match #2

#4 - While the format seems straight forward in the tournament I will ask the question, at the end of the night who will be the Queen of the Ring? Olivia Diamond

The Night Before the Show

544oZgj.jpgSokpXG2.jpgHquGcl9.jpg

Kate and her husband are preparing to get on a video call with Jaime Quine to talk about Hawaiian Punch Pro Wrestling big debut show and to catch up with the USPW Champion on what she is doing.

Kate - Hey Jaime, how's it going in the big time?

Jaime - (sounding a little dejected) It’s going ok, I’m just bored. I’ve only had one match this month so far and a couple of segments. I’m working my butt off here when I get a chance but it doesn’t seem to matter.

Kate - We saw your match with Sara Marie a few weeks ago you guys really tore down the house.

Jaime - I know we go out there and have a great match, we are competing with the guys for match ratings and hell we even scored better on TV than the main event. It just doesn’t seem to matter to these guys.

Kate - Do you have a match for the PPV this weekend?

Jaime - Yeah but you wouldn’t know it from TV. I am taking on Melody for the title and it should be another really solid match. I just wish we could have built it up more. Melody has had a lot of matches coming into this one but she has been beaten mostly by DQ in a majority of her matches. She doesn’t exactly have much momentum going right now, and she should. She just lost tonight by DQ to Tiffany Jade and to Pariah the night before by DQ. She is 1-5 this month and has lost 3 by DQ (Jade and Pariah x2). Alicia Strong pinned her clean the first night of the new year in like 8 minutes. I really don’t understand how they think we can get over any better when the booking is so scatterbrained. These out of work “writers” they use down here don’t understand wrestling at all.

Kate - Wow Jaime I didn’t realize that a big company like USPW would be so…

Jaime - Screwed up, well it is. The money is great and all, but just dealing with all the crap and stupidity has me longing for the days in AAA. But anyway enough about me, how is it looking for the first show?

Kate - Well I’m happy with the roster to start with. Not a lot of known talent that is recognizable for the folks here on the island, but that is how we will build some of these ladies up.

Jaime - What do you think the crowd will be like?

Kate - Things move slowly out here, I’d be surprised if we had 25 paid fans honestly. It will probably be closer to 100 (kayfabe number) with all radio freebies, Molokai’s students, friends and family.

Jaime - Don’t worry it will get better. Remember when you first went out on at the Piper Hotel in Las Vegas?

Kate - Yeah there were like 100 guys there and all trying to pinch my ass or grab something.

Jaime- But you guys really got things going there and within a couple of years before the shutdown you had it up to what 300-500?

Kate - I’m not worried too much….

Jaime - Martin, tell her not to be concerned ok.

Martin - You know Kate, Jaime, she is always a perfectionist.

Kate - Hey now….

Jaime - It’s all good Kate. I know you guys will put on a really good show and based on what you have told me there should be some interesting angles coming out of it.

Kate - I’m hopeful that we can get some folks over or at least on the start of getting over. We are going to do something that I normally don't like to do in a show, but we need to kick start some story lines. Now Marty time for you to say good-bye to Jaime because me and her have some serious girl talk to go over……

(The 6 hour warning, the show will go up between 5 and 6 pm pacific time)

FiCeb0l.jpg

Breaking New Ground

From the Luau Théâtre in Wailua, Kauai

Martin Stevens and the Black Scorpion are obviously doing play by play live as they are scene in front of a green screen with a Hawaiian Punch Pro Wrestling Logo showing behind them. Since the company can’t afford an announcing crew yet, Stevens is pulling double duty as he is also working as a road agent for some of the matches tonight. They open up with the usual over the top greeting that starts so many pro wrestling shows.

544oZgj.jpgrcfXJJg.jpg

Martin Stevens - Welcome everyone to what should be a most exciting night of pro wrestling action as Hawaiian Punch Pro Wrestling makes its debut in front of a near capacity crowd here in Hawaiian Luau Theatre near the banks of the beautiful Wailua River, Kauai. I am Martin Stevens and joining me tonight is someone who, well honestly I don’t exactly know who you are.

Black Scorpion - Who I am doesn’t matter for now, but it is great to be here tonight. While the “near capacity crowd” spaces comfortably out here at the theatre we should be in store a for great night of professional wrestling.

Martin Stevens - And to get the show started off we have….

Black Scorpion - One of the biggest blow-hards in all or professional wrestling.

Martin Stevens - Come now Molokai Milk is a great wrestler, a well respected Hawaiian and he is our President of the Hawaii Punch Pro so a little respect is in order.

qi0teWE.jpg

fyFa4kP.jpg

Molokai Milk - Welcome my brothers and sisters to the biggest and best new wrestling company in the whole wide world, daddy! Tonight you will see a mix of 12 of the finest grapplers today. We will have 4 big 3-way matches that will set our semifinals for the Queen of the Ring. The winners of each of those 3-way encounters will earn the right to move on. At the end of the night, the ladies who are standing will compete in a winner take all finale. This will be a huge achievement for whoever the lucky wrestler is so let’s set the details of the 4 initial matches.

EVwiMCL.jpgJQATagY.jpg

Interrupting Molokai is Joanna Bonds (also known a J-Money). Who is accompanied by a rather large woman…

J-Money - What’s up old man with neither me or my friend here not getting a spot into this little tournament? Aren’t we considered good enough to make the cut?

Molokai - Whoa have Mercy little lady. You see these spots in this tournament were given to those that got their contracts turned in the fastest. Simple as that little sister. Next time don’t dilly dally and the Milkman will take good care of you.

J-Money - (laughs) So is that what determines ability and priority around here? Any loser on the street can sign a contract but those of us that are businesswomen who might want to take the time to read the droll you sent out, get penalized?

Molokai - That is the way it worked this time around, but hey stick around. If you two are any good I am sure opportunity will come looking for you.

J-Money - I am sure it will, sooner than you think. I mean it would be a real tragedy if some sort of accident would cause someone to miss their so well deserved and earned opportunity. It would just be a real shame if for some reason that someone couldn’t compete. It rained earlier today and some things in the back are pretty slippery. Yes that would really be a real damn shame.

(Just then a backstage staffer comes out and whispers something to Molokai and a camera is running back to find Deborah Tully looking like she had been run over by a Mack truck. She was out cold, with a bloody cut on her forehead. Deborah was scheduled for the first match tonight. She is being attended to by Kate Avatar and Kalliope Woodchuck.)

Molokai - (looking over at the pair who are looking very innocent). Looks like young Deborah Tully ran into one of those slippery spots you were talking about.

J-Money - (feigning sincerity) Yeah poor kid, it would be tragic if she wasn’t able to compete tonight. Whatever would you do? But have no fear bossman, my friend (Christine Simon) or I are here and available to compete and will be more than happy to not only save that match, but the whole show.

Molokai - You know it’s interesting to me that you two come out here talking about accidents and one just happened. It’s almost like you planned or caused that situation. That is not cool or how we do things around here, but seeing as right now we are short a competitor. (Rubs his beard) Fine but I’m going to investigate what happened and if I find that either of you were involved in Tully’s accident, this may be your last night in Hawaiian Punch Pro.

J-Money - You let us know oh wise one if we can help you in your little investigation. In the meantime, Christine and I will play rock, paper, scissors to see who gets a spot. Still this whole situation is really all your fault you old beach bum!

qi0teWE.jpg

Martin Stevens - So there you have it, after a “accident” in the back, either Joanna Bonds

Black Scorpion - That is J-Money honey.

Martin Stevens - Or her rather large associate Christine Simon will get the opportunity to take the place of Deborah Tully.

Black Scorpion - Looks like it will be Simon as she won the rock, paper, scissors battle.

Martin Stevens - Let's head to the ring.

oEpUTyy.jpgvs7VC8ZvC.jpgvsJQATagY.jpgw/EVwiMCL.jpg

Queen of the Ring Opening Round Match #1

Maria Guest vs Simony Sentinel vs Christine Simon w/ J-Money

At first as this match started it looked like Guest and Sentinel were going to work together to take down their much larger opponent. Simon looks like she is certainly built like a tank as she looks like she is about 5’10 and is tipping over that 200 pound mark. After about 5 minutes of the two working together things started to change a bit. Both Guest and Sentinel started to try and make pinfall covers on Simon with one pulling the other off. A brief discussion and shoving match ensued which allowed Simon to get up. Simon then charged out of the corner with great rage and force delivering a vicious double clothesline to her opponents. She then picked up Simony and delivered a german suplex and sent her flying out of the ring under the ring ropes. A power slam, a couple of german suplexes later and Simon had pinned Guest at the 8:59

Martin Stevens - And your winner is someone who wasn’t even scheduled to be in the tournament, Christine Simon.

Black Scorpion - A great display of power takes out Maria Guest. I think we have a new favorite for our championship here tonight.

Martin Stevens - She has 2 more matches to get through before that happens, and as Simon leaves the ring, here comes Kate Avatar with a mic in her hand climbing into the ring.

qi0teWE.jpg

SokpXG2.jpg

Kate - I am not sure what just happened here earlier tonight to Deborah Tully. That kid has overcome so much and worked so hard for this moment only for it to be taken from her like this. Mark my words, whoever is responsible for the attack and yes I said the attack on Deborah is going to have plenty to answer for.

But now I need to turn my attention to this match and for me to claim what was and will again be mine, and that is the Queen of the Ring title. Yes it has been almost 8 years since I was the BSC Queen of the Ring Champion. I…..(music breaks up Kate’s promo and out walks one of her opponents).

JhbYnhB.jpg

Victoria King - Enough talk, let’s fight!

Martin Stevens - A woman of few words and here comes Olivia Diamond into the ring and we are ready for our next match.

SokpXG2.jpgvsJhbYnhB.jpgvsWycjfPm.jpg

Queen of the Ring Opening Round Match #2

Kate Avatar vs Victoria King vs Olivia Diamond

These 3 ladies all seemed very focused. While Olivia Diamond might be the “elder states person” in this match, Kate Avatar is certainly the more experienced. New comer Victoria King, while inexperienced in pro wrestling, was trained by one of the most vicious wrestlers in the history of the sport in Nemesis. This was a very grueling back and forth match and unlike the previous match there was no cooperation between anyone. Victoria King practically knocked Olivia Diamond out early on and then started trading blows with Kate Avatar. While King might be a great striker in her own regard I am not sure trading blows with Kate Avatar is a wise decision for most. After 12 minutes of action Kate Avatar caught a stunned Olivia Diamond in a HellCat DDT and covered her for the victory. Time of the match was 12:04

Black Scorpion - So my co-hosts wife figures out a way to pull that one off. I’d like to see her and King in a 1 on 1 match somewhere down the line. But now good old Martin is getting in the ring (don’t trip) to talk to one of my favorites here tonight, Emma May.

qi0teWE.jpg

Martin Stevens has climbed into the ring with Emma May.

Martin - Emma tonight you….

WASrhvW.jpg

Emma May - (Yanking the microphone out of Martin’s hand) Ok listen dude, let’s get something straight right from the get go here. I do not need you holding a mic in my face and asking me your stupid little questions. I don't need help from anybody, got me? So go back down to ringside and get out of my ring. (With that Stevens makes an exit back to his ringside seat). Now that he is out of the way, everyone wants to know one thing. So why am I here? It’s not for no damn vacation that is for sure. Yeah I’m working for QAW and have even been a 2-time Shockwave champion there. What good has that done for me? Have they ever seen fit to give me a QAW World Title match? No! Well Farrah, I’m all the way out here in the middle of the damn Pacific Ocean to show you and everyone else in the wrestling world that I am not going to take it anymore. Tonight examples will be made of and for my opponents Miranda Breaks and Kristin Crane, you both should have stayed on the mainland or on the beach watching Molokai try to surf. When I’m through with you two then I will win my next two matches and I will be the first Hawaiian Punch Pro Queen of the Ring. It’s not a promise , it’s not a prediction, it’s just the truth of the situation. You can take that to the bank.

qi0teWE.jpg

nkTScEv.jpgvsWASrhvW.jpgvs7K6ZRjc.jpg

Queen of the Ring Opening Round Match #3

Kristin Crane vs Emma May vs Miranda Breaks

Emma May sure took the opportunity to get things off to a fast start in this match. She immediately tried to hook a triangle choke on Kristin Crane after Miranda Breaks had been knocked to the outside. Breaks scrambled back in probably just in time to save Crane from a 60 second loss in this match. After that May picked her spots but let her opponents work over each other more while she took a break and walked around ringside. Finally May came back into the ring with a crushing spinning backfist to Miranda Breaks and then locked in the Kimura and Crane had no choice but to top out. Time of the match 9:43

Martin - That means 3 of our 4 semi-finalists are set and this next match will determine who will take on Emma May.

Black Scorpion - Whoever survives this upcoming matchup is likely to get their arm broken by Emma. She has a spirit about her, but that said I really like this “Stunning” Sabrina Wells. She looks good, can talk and has solid training from your wife’s old buddy Catherine Quine.

Martin - I know she was the last AAA tag team champion with her partner Ruby Reece. And take a look at this Ana Morales coming out to the ring. She has a lot of the guys gawking at her.

Black Scorpion - You included? Great physical specimen is Morales but she needs to get some experience. She has been working as a pro for 6 years but hasn’t had a lot of matches.

Martin - Well maybe Hawaiian Punch Pro will give her the opportunity she needs to make a name for herself. And here comes the crowd favorite, the former Zen Conceptual Champion

Black Scorpion - What exactly is a “conceptual” champion?

Martin - Kalliope WoodChuck

qi0teWE.jpg

Qaj4viq.jpgvsgwoGl8v.jpgvstV1ECOe.jpg

Queen of the Ring Opening Round Match #4

Kalliope Woodchuck vs Sabrina Wells vs Ana Morales

These 3 fought an awkward match as nobody really took charge in the ring. Morales spent most of the match showing off her muscles while Sabrina and Kalliope spent more time actually wrestling. There really seems to be a rivalry brewing here between Wells and Woodchuck with Wells seemingly getting the better of it. Morales then got serious and slowly started taking apart Woodchuck with a lot of technical moves. Not sure Kalliope has seen a lot of scientific wrestling there in Zen but she is responding to it well. After Morales gets knocked down by a Wells clothesline, Kalliope hits a missile drop kick on Wells and then comes in from behind and nails Morales with the Wood Chipper! Wow what a move and Kalliope Woodchuck is moving onto the finals. Time of the match 10:27

Martin - A long staredown between Stunning Sabrina and Kalliope as Woodchuck gets her hand raised in victory. Wells is motioning to Woodchuck that this is not over between them.

Black Scorpion - If glares could kill….

qi0teWE.jpg

Martin - We are now ready for our first Semi-Final and it should be a real tough contest. Kate Avatar and bruising Christine Simon will be battling it out for the right to compete for the Queen of the Ring title.

Black Scorpion - Everyone seems to love Avatar here, but she might be in for a bigger struggle than she thinks. Christine Simon might be unknown to most of these people here, but I can tell you she is a real life tank and she loves to suplex people.

Martin - And she is on her way out with the ever annoying J-Money. What is J-Money the manager for Simon?

Black Scorpion - No they are just real good friends from what I understand. Oh and here comes your and the fans darling, pretty miss Katie. You worried at all about her against this monster?

Martin - I’ve seen her in with bigger and tougher, she always seems to manage just fine.

SokpXG2.jpgvsJQATagY.jpgw/EVwiMCL.jpg

Queen of the Ring Semi-Final #1

Kate Avatar vs Christine Simon w/J-Money

Wow and this was a no-holds bar match right from the start. The bigger Simon seemed to be having her way overpowering Avatar but then Kate would make a big comeback on her. Trading heavy blows was taking a huge toll on them both. J-Money was constantly running her mouth and causing minor distractions so Simon could gain an unfair advantage. This match may not leave much left of whoever emerges victorious and they are both trading real haymakers and neither is backing down. Along the ropes it looks like J-Money has grabbed Avatar’s foot as the referee is trying to separate the women from the corner. Finally it looks like Kate Avatar has snapped and is launching a vicious assault in the opposite corner on Simon. The referee Erin Lawrence just caught another errant blow as both competitors are now completely disregarding the referee. The referee steps in again and they both show her down and continue fighting. Erin Lawrence is shaking her head and calls for the bell to be rung. The wrestlers have spilled outside the ring as Lawrence is talking to Martin Stevens ringside. J-Money has entered the maylay and it is 2 on 1.

Martin Stevens (on the crowd PA) - Referee Erin Lawrence has called this match, a double DQ at 7:05

SokpXG2.jpgJQATagY.jpgEVwiMCL.jpgVOCL8g2.jpg

J-Money and Simon are now double teaming Avatar when out of the back (with no music playing to announce her arrival!) comes running Deborah Tully with her head bandaged from whatever happened earlier tonight. They are fighting their way back and have now disappeared behind the curtain, but you can hear the fight continuing on.

Martin Stevens - I don’t know what we are going to do with this now, who will advance to the finals?

Black Scorpion - It is obvious that Christine Simon should be declared the winner of the match. She carried the match and punished Avatar throughout.

Martin Stevens - Making his way out to ring is our President Molokai Milk

Black Scorpion - Oh great….

qi0teWE.jpg

fyFa4kP.jpg

Molokai Milk (grabs a microphone) - First things first. With both Simon and Avatar disqualified I have to make a decision about the Queen of the Ring Championship. Scheduled in our next match was our 2nd Semi-Final between Kalliope Woodchuck and Emma May. I have no choice really but to now make this the Queen of the Ring Championship Final. Whoever wins this match, will be our Queen of the Ring Champion.

But before we get to that match, I need to address the happenings that have gone on here tonight with Christine Simon and J-Money. We have video footage backstage on a camera that is used for the luau normally and on that footage you can clearly see Christine Simon and J-Money attacking Deborah Tully and then setting it up to look like some sort of an accident. Because of this footage that means……

SokpXG2.jpgVOCL8g2.jpg

Kate Avatar and Deborah Tully are coming down to the ring

Kate Avatar - Now watch just a minute Mr. President. I know what you are about to do, but I don’t think that is what these fans want and I damn sure know it is not what me or Deborah want. Before you do anything else, we want them in a tag team match at the next show. What they did to this young lady…

Deborah (grabs the mic) - J-Money, Christine Simon….You two stole an opportunity away from me tonight. This was my big break and you two goofs decided for whatever reason to steal that from me. Well that is not something that I am going to let go unsettled. I’m going to……

Molokai Milk - Now Miss Tully, darling we can’t have that sort of language used here. But I tell you what. IF you two both really want those two in a tag match at the next show, then you’ve got it. Instead of firing them, I will let you and Kate here take justice into your own hands. And now let’s get to our main event, for the Queen of the Ring title, Emma May vs Kalliope Woodchuck.

qi0teWE.jpg

Martin Stevens - A lot of information to digest there but it looks like we have a big tag team match set up for next month’s show.

Black Scorpion - Who cares about that, we have a Title match coming up and I have a very strong feeling that Emma May is going to go home with the belt.

Martin Stevens - We shall see as she is going against a former champion herself in Kalliope Woodchuck.

Qaj4viq.jpgvsWASrhvW.jpg

Main Event - Queen of the Ring Finals

Kalliope Woodchuck vs Emma May

After all the excitement of the early match both Woodchuck and May took this a bit slower and really began testing each other out. A lot of talking going on in the ring as well. In the longest match of the night going over 17 minutes. Emma May powerbombed Kalliope Woodchuck and then used the ropes for leverage to hold her down for the 3-count. The winner of the Queen of the Ring Tournament and new Champion Emma May!

Black Scorpion - I told you she was going to win this whole thing. All night I was telling your about Emma May and that she would prove it to the world and that is exactly what she did!

Martin Stevens - You might not like how she did it by using the ropes for leverage and Erin Lawrence didn’t see it, but you have to hand it to her. She said she was going to win, she said she was going to prove to everyone that she shouldn’t be overlooked anymore and that is what she did.

In the ring referee Erin Lawrence is awarding Emma May with the QOTR title belt. May takes the belt and grabs a microphone and then sits down cross legged in the ring.

qi0teWE.jpg

WASrhvW.jpg

May - (breathing heavily) - I told you all what I was going to do. I said that I wasn’t out here to play or be on no stinking vacation in paradise. No, this was a business trip and what you saw me do was just take care of business! Farrah are you watching, did you see what I just did! In my first show here in Hawaiian Pro Wrestling I just won the Title! First night, but I’ve been in QAW for how long now, what 5 years? Did I ever get a QAW World Title match in 5 years? No you were too busy playing to your favorites to do that. Well now I am a champion and I am going to be the best champion this island has ever seen. I don’t care who Molokai Milk brings in next month or if he decides to award one of those losers in the back an opportunity that they don’t deserve. They all had their chance tonight and they all failed. So it doesn’t matter who and it doesn’t matter where they are from. If they come here and step in the ring with me for my Title, it sure as hell ain’t going to be no luau. So bring them on, this is an open challenge to any wrestler that wants a shot at this. Come on out to Hawaii, bring your sunscreen and enjoy yourself while you can. Because when it is bell time, it is welcome to my hell time and you will wish you never stepped foot on this island!

(With that the Champion gets up and leaves the ring to a chorus of boos)

Martin Stevens - And with that for the Black Scorpion and myself. This is Martin Stevens saying Mahalo for joining us from the beautiful Garden Isle of Kauai until next month, Aloha.

qi0teWE.jpg

Show recap

• Christine Simon (subbing for the injured Deborah Tully) defeated Simony Sentinel and Maria Guest
  • Kate Avatar defeated Olivia Diamond and Victoria King
  • Emma May defeated Miranda Breaks and Kristen Crane
  • Kalliope Woodchuck defeated Sabrina Wells and Ana Morales
  • QOTR semi-final - Kate Avatar and Christine Simon fought to a Double DQ
  • QOTR Final - Emma May defeated Kalliope Woodchuck to win the QOTR title.

Bonus Questions -

#1 - One wrestler will not be able to compete and will be replaced by Christina Simon. Who will not be able to compete? Deborah Tully was not able to compete in match #1 on the card.

#2 - What will the opening night attendance be (Popularity in Hawaii 5) 34

#3 - Best match of the night in the Opening round matches? Match #2 Kate Avatar vs Olivia Diamond vs Victoria King

#4 - While the format seems straightforward in the tournament I will ask the question, at the end of the night who will be the Queen of the Ring? Emma May

Prediction results

BHK1978 - 2 plus 2 bonus pts

KyTeran - 3 plus 1 bonus pt

The Effect - 3 plus 3 bonus pts (he was closest to the correct attendance fo 34

Historian - 3 plus 1

I want to thank everyone for the kind words and encouragement along with those that predicted the card. I know with a card like this and so many unknown wrestlers it is hard to know who will have the “push” from the start.

Not normally will I do a blatant backstage take out of a competitor like this, but I needed something to create a little bit of a storyline and give Kate a reason for taking young Deborah Tully under her wing. I will say there is an underlying reason for all of this and the person behind it is very pleased with how it unfolded, keeping Avatar out of the title match and for now it looks like keeping her out of the title situation.

Again thanks for playing along. I will be posting the card for the next show as well as some internet segments that will help set up the next show.

Very good first show.

Thank You, I appreciate it. Didn't come off without a few hiccups but nothing too serious.

qi0teWE.jpg

SokpXG2.jpg544oZgj.jpghDoYT1r.jpgHWjEBPt.jpg

(A look behind the scenes as the staff gather to discuss January show. Kate, Molokai, Erin and Martin sit together discussing a wide variety of topics. This is not something that is covered for the fans consumption or the online sheets.)

Kate - Ok guys let get down to business now that we are done with the production work.

Molokai - I thought the ladies put on a solid show for a first effort. They all worked very hard in the ring.

Erin - Agreed from an inside look from the ring I thought they all worked great.

Kate - Yeah overall with the matches and stories I’m pretty happy. Thoughts hon?

Martin - I was disappointed with the voice over results. I don’t think it works as well as calling it from ringside as it happens.

Kate - I agree and honestly I sucked as the “black scorpion”. Color and announcing was never my strength. But the character is important for later on.

Erin - So how do we fix it?

Kate - I get Marty someone who can really do it and they announce the matches live as it happens.

Martin - I think that would be better. It takes more of an acting talent that I don’t have to call something on tape that you have already seen. I’m much more comfortable with calling it as it unfolds.

Molokai - So Kate who do you have in mind?

Kate - Well I have a busy week this week as I’m going off island to the mainland. A little scouting and recruitment trip. I’m going to San Diego to catch the CZCW show, then I’m going to meet someone in Vegas. There is also an Indy show in Reno that I’ll take in too.

Martin - So do you think you can get whoever you are thinking about to come in?

Kate - Won’t be an easy sell to be sure. If I can’t then I’ll bring Dharma in to go under the gimmick at least for a month. She’ll be up for a all expense paid vacation here to get us through February.

Molokai - Well if Martin is going to be calling things live he is not going be able to be the agent too.

Kate - That is true and I was thinking of splitting it between you and I Molokai, but then last night I got an idea. So while I’m out of town I’m going to have Tamara join me. She has a great eye for talent, and can work with the younger girls more. She’d actually be a good help for you at the school Molokai.

Erin - Your talking about Tamara McFly?

Kate - Yeah me and her go way back. She really is kind of a mentor to me after I left AAA. Plus she will have a role potentially down the road in the storyline.

Martin - What did you guys think of the venue?

Molokai - It was fine for the show but we were really rushed after to get the ring down and get things set for the luau.

Erin - We couldn’t even get the promos done to set up the things for the next show.

Kate - I have talked with the Smith’s (luau operators) and we agreed that we are going to move to a non luau night. Right now the cruise ship folks are not what we need to get over. We need to get the folks here hooked on our show first.

Erin - So what night are you thinking for Surf’s Up! (Next show).

Kate - We will move to Wednesday nights. The luau is dark that night and we can tape the promos after the show in the dining area. But we are going to move everything up 2 weeks.

Molokai - What? You mean we are talking about 10 days to the next show.

Kate - Yeah we are going to have to really step things up to get ready and it’s why I need to leave tomorrow to get this mainland trip in.

Erin - Why move it up?

Kate - Adjusting our schedule to work around 5 Star’s show dates. If we work the 2nd week of the month that is their down week and it opens so many good names to be able to work our show.

Molokai - Sipo we have the next card ready?

Kate - The top 3 matches yes and we will get that out for the spots tomorrow.

Martin - Ok what are we going to do with this issue with Christina and you?

Molokai - Wait what there is an issue?

Kate - Not a personal one, but a working in the ring together one. We just don’t mesh very well.

Erin - I did notice that a bit, but it wasn’t too bad.

Kate - No I can work with it. Besides we’re brand new so it’s not like we’re looking for 5 stars. She will get the opportunity to work with some others as well, but she’s important in the current story.

Martin - Besides she was getting a pretty good crowd reaction for someone they have never seen before.

Molokai - Yeah the big lady got some heat, that’s for sure.

Kate - Final thing I want to talk about, promos.

Molokai - I guess I’ve been away from it longer than I thought.

Kate - Don’t beat yourself up Molokai. We will just work it out more before the show. We also need to work with J-Money some. She has great potential but she is very young. Actually at the next show I want to get more people talking in some short promo spots. Maybe during the pre and post shows besides just the main show.

Martin - We really got a lot of work to do before the next show.

Molokai - Don’t sweat it brother, we will be fine.

Kate - Yes and I need to get ahold of Talia and get her to shoot a promo or angle to send in. She and Higa are working the show to determine a contender for the April show.

The card for the next show will be up tomorrow along with a few promos that will be setting up some of the matches.

SokpXG2.jpg

Kate's thoughts - Well the first show is done and overall it was a relative success. Most that attended and saw it online seemed to enjoy it. We loss a little less than $1000 but I know we are going to lose money this year.

I will not be doing the color commentating under the mask this month. I really wasn't very good at it and so we will bring in someone a little more professional to do it. They will work under the gimmick for awhile as we build up the storyline, which will take some arm twisting on my part to get the individual to do it.

Even though we lost money I am going to be bringing in some more talent for looks. Some might be on a pre-show and eventually we might run a side show at the Marketplace or at Molokai's gym just to get some more work in. Will it cost more, yeah some but I am not overly concerned right now with losing money. The key will be to get more and more talent the chance to work in front of people, and get the product in front of the locals here.

I'm going to bring in Tamara McFly to help backstage being a road agent, work with Molokai at the training school and also be another set of eyes as a talent scout.

Christine Simon went from nobody having any idea who she was (0 pop rating in Hawaii) to now getting quite a bit of recognition (she went up to an 8 in one show). While our chemistry is awkward at best, we will continue with the storyline between us. I might change up some plans for March because of it though.

Time to hit the airport and talk and get us a color commentator. Wish me luck!

After the matches some promos were shot for the upcoming show. They will be posted on the Hawaiian Punch Pro wrestling website.

Match lineup at the bottom of the post

FiCeb0l.jpg

WASrhvW.jpgfyFa4kP.jpg

(Still sweating after her championship winning match, Emma May comes into Molokai Milk’s office)

Emma May - So what are you going to do about my next opponent? Who is next to fall at my feet?

Molokai - I have been reviewing potential challengers for you.

Emma May - I don’t want no jobbers that haven’t earned anything in their careers. I don’t I can’t have Avatar since she is tied up in this melodrama with Simon and Money. So who is it going to be? I need someone with at least a little name so that everyone understands that this (holding up the title) was not a fluke.

Molokai - Little sister you sure seem to be excited. Could it be fear of the unknown? I’m going to bring in Michelle Cox to take you on at the next show.

Emma May - ( looking confused) Who the $&*# is Michelle Cox. I said I wanted someone with name recognition and you give me Michelle Cox. Am I supposed to know who that no name talent is?

Molokai - (laughing) You sure are fun to rile up. Find Michelle Cox is her real name, but she is a veteran who you might know by her former wrestling name.

Emma May - (now looking more concerned) So are you going to tell me who this virtue of the mat is?

Molokai - Yes I think I will so you will get out of my office. At Surf’s Up! It will be Emma May vs the wrestler formerly known as Katherine Goodlooks. Now you know, so get out and go prepare or you might just be the shortest reigning champion we will ever have.

qi0teWE.jpg

gwoGl8v.jpg

Stunning Sabrina Wells is backstage after her match where Kalliope Woodchuck advanced to the next match at the tournament. Martin Stevens catches up with the rising star.

Martin Stevens - Sabrina a quick word with you if you don’t mind.

Sabrina Wells - (looking annoyed) Fine

Martin Stevens - You had a great match tonight but came just a little short in your effort to advance.

Sabrina Wells - You noticed that Kalliope didn’t beat me to advance. So yeah she won tonight, great for her. She also made a very serious mistake.

Martin Stevens - Oh, what’s that?

Sabrina Wells - She made an enemy of Stunning Sabrina Wells and as most people will tell you that is not a good thing.

Martin Stevens - How did she make an enemy of you?

Sabrina Wells - When you steal from Stunning Sabrina, you make the top of the list. Next month I petitioned Molokai Milk for a match against Kalliope, but he turned me down. He didn’t see it as something the fans wanted to see at this point. Can you believe that, he told me no because of what he thinks the fans want to see. I really don’t care one bit what the fans want to see. Kalliope Woodchuck, you are on my hit list and I will get your attention and that of the fans. In the meantime, next month Kristen Crane, you drew the very unfortunate assignment of being my next opponent. And that is very bad news for you.

qi0teWE.jpg

SokpXG2.jpgVOCL8g2.jpg

Kate Avatar and her new partner Deborah Tully are talking with Martin Stevens backstage.

Martin - Ladies a very tough night tonight for both of you. Now after everything that happened you requested a tag team match between you and J-Money and her partner Christine Simon.

Kate Avatar - Tonight you two made some name for yourselves. First you both jump and ruin this young lady’s opportunity to compete for the Queen of the Ring title. Then you combine your efforts to take me out of the tournament. Then you tried to take me out period after the match until Deborah came back out and evened the odds. If you wanted our attention you sure got it.

Deborah Tully - (still with a blood soaked bandage on her head) All I wanted was a chance when I came out here. My mom, she warned me about the sleazy promoters who might want to exploit me for my looks. She warned me that the road would be bumpy and I guess she was right. I’m not sure why you two targeted me, but you did and now it’s time to pay up.

Martin - There is not a lot that folks know about your opponents other than J-Money has a mouth and Christine Simon is good at sneak attacks.

Kate - Well Marty you got the J-Money part right but let me tell you. Christine Simon is one big strong, tough bitch who knows how to deliver punishment. I will not sell her short. That said, those that know me well. They know that when you think you have me down, that’s when I become much more dangerous.

Deborah - I might be small. I might be inexperienced. But I have more heart than anyone you have ever meant and I have a mean streak in me too. J-Money, Christine Simon, mark my words you will regret jumping on me. And I’ve got one helluva partner to help me get the job done.

Martin - The semi-main event at Surfs Up! Will be Tully and Avatar looking for revenge on Simon and J-Money, don’t you dare miss it.

qi0teWE.jpg

oEpUTyy.jpg7VC8ZvC.jpg

Simony Sentinel and Maria Guest dejectedly sit in the locker room, after their surprise opponent Christine Simon came into the ring and ruined their shot at the Queen of the Ring Title in the opening 3-way match.

Martin Stevens - Ladies for a while there it looked like you two working together were going to take care of Simon.

Maria - Yeah but that’s when Simony decided to stop the teamwork and go into business for herself.

Simony - Me, who was that, who snuck in and covered Simon after I hit the Sentinel Spike? That was my move and she was not going to recover in time after that.

Martin - Ladies it was a 3-way match, you were both trying to win. But the teamwork you both displayed.

Maria - Well we have teamed a little bit before in AAA.

Simony - And we were pretty successful too.

Martin - Sound like you two should maybe consider putting this last match in the past and teaming up for the Tag Team title that will be debuting soon in Hawaiian Punch Pro.

(Maria and Simony look at each other and then excuse themselves from the interview).

(Maria Guest and Simony Sentinel will team together reforming their tag team from MrWolfs101 brilliant Dark Phoenix Diary where they were known as “Doll Parts”)

qi0teWE.jpg

Presents - Surf’s Up!

Live Wednesday February 15, 2020

Coming off the heels of the first show in company history the card for the next show is starting to form. (interviews after the matches were done to set up some of the matches.)

Main Event

Emma May © vs Michelle Cox (fka Katherine Goodlooks)

Semi-Main Event

Kate Avatar and Deborah Tully vs J-Money and Christine Simon

Special Challenge Match

Talia Quinzel vs Fuyuko Higa

Preliminary Matches

Kalliope Woodchuck vs Ana Morales

Stunning Sabrina Wells vs Kristen Crane

Tag Match - Simony Sentinel and Maria Guest vs Sarah Borne and Victoria King

Bonus Questions

• Which match will be Match of the Night?
  • Show attendance (without going over last show 34)?

8 points are possible

Yay another women’s diary! Sorry I missed the first show predictions (you move at lightning speed compared to me!)— will be following along though!

Main Event

Emma is the champ in my diary too, no brainer!

Semi-Main Event

Feels like the heels need building but you probably need to protect Kate and set Tully up as a player... So... Heels jump them after to keep Christine hot!

Special Challenge Match

Fuyuko all day.

Preliminary Matches

Bonus Questions

Which match will be Match of the Night? Quinzel & Higa.

Show attendance (without going over last show 34)? This reads like it needs to be under 34... so 33?! But if I'm wrong, 47!

P.S. the name is great

Main Event

Semi-Main Event

Special Challenge Match

Preliminary Matches

Bonus Questions

Which match will be Match of the Night? Semi Main

Show attendance (without going over)? 90