[HYPE] iDOMINATION 2008

Dipping my toes into this. Interested to hear what interest there is.

iDOL has given me premission to use his 2004 Ruthless Aggression mod as a base for a conversion of his 2008 iDOM data from EWR. I will try to stick to the base data as much as possible, adding my own twists here and there.

More info to soon follow...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What’s the general consensus on how to handle it?

I'm sure there are more insightful minds that know the way to handle it, but the first choice is that each company should have overness in more that one region. If you go with "One company, one region" I think you should go the same way with the TV contracts. It can be weird in the 2000s but it can be fun.

if you go with "One company, but popularity in all the regions", I believe that "Protective" and "Territorial" Alliances should be problematic (you can't run show to keep pop I think?). Even "Bordered" can be problematic.

IMO in any case you should give the key workers of each company some kind of loyalty, to avoid quick shifts in the balance of power (at least is what I do with the territorial games I play)

But I'm pretty sure that other modders can give you better hindsights

what is idom

:o You poor baby!!

iDom is an original mod by iDOL that dates back to EWR. Its an alternate reality mod wherein the NWA Dominated the landscape. WCCW in Texas is the biggest company in the country, Paul Heymans ECW still exists under the NWA banner, Ric Flair has is own promotion in the Carolinas Ric Flair Promotions. The McMahon owned Titan Wrestling Federation exists after the demise of the (W?)WWF.

Its a whole new wrestling landscape and it was pretty amazing and well ahead of its time.

Some of the facts listed above need to be verified as I pulled all those from memory, its been ages since I've touched an iDom mod sadly.

EDIT: HERE is the link to iDOL's 2010 release thread. There's some links in the OP that highlight game world history.

:o You poor baby!!

iDom is an original mod by iDOL that dates back to EWR. Its an alternate reality mod wherein the NWA Dominated the landscape. WCCW in Texas is the biggest company in the country, Paul Heymans ECW still exists under the NWA banner, Ric Flair has is own promotion in the Carolinas Ric Flair Promotions. The McMahon owned Titan Wrestling Federation exists after the demise of the (W?)WWF.

Its a whole new wrestling landscape and it was pretty amazing and well ahead of its time.

Some of the facts listed above need to be verified as I pulled all those from memory, its been ages since I've touched an iDom mod sadly.

It’s inspired by the original NWA Domination scenario for EWR created by Adam Ryland himself (pre-CVerse). I think Adam released 2 versions and then a few years later iDOL released his version which was just so well polished, one of the best mods released for the game. Helped bring custom mods to a different level for sure. They are both based on the premise of WrestleMania turning into a huge bust and failure for the WWF, leading to the NWA surviving into the modern day.

There is a wiki/fandom site that has a lot of the info from the iDOM handbook that goes up to the 2010 edition.

https://idomination.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

I can't recall which version of TEW it was, but I did convert a couple iDOM scenarios to TEW, I also think I did a couple updates. I think I gave up converting these in terms of my own take on the NWA Domination concept. I'll have to hunt them down but I'll find my old versions if you want to use them but most of the stuff is from the wiki/fandom, I tried to carry over as much to the site from the databases as possible. Most of the non-America/Canada/Mexico stuff would be from my TEW versions updating it for TEW.

Wow iDom 2008 was my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE EWR mod... hours of playing it. Remember trying some TEW version but I thought they never matched the quality of the original... hope you can do it justice.

It would also be cool to have some future wrestlers added for long games, I remember playing an almost 10 year save with Windy City :D

Wow iDom 2008 was my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE EWR mod... hours of playing it. Remember trying some TEW version but I thought they never matched the quality of the original... hope you can do it justice.

It would also be cool to have some future wrestlers added for long games, I remember playing an almost 10 year save with Windy City :D

Project X was my favorite, which I know was in 2010 but I can't remember if it was in 08...might have been NWA:LA back then. John Cena as the heel owner with Lizzie freaking Borden as his wife, flanked by the Dudley's as Club X.

The promotion was a halfway point between XPW and PWG, so it had a very young and green Kenny Omega, Scorpio Sky, Chris Hero and Super Dragon, while also employing the likes of Kaos (who was the top babyface!!!!) and B-Boy and Baby Slimm.

<p>Here's the original list of promotions and promotion sizes... sure this will bring back some memories... unfortunately no Japanese promotions so I'm not sure where to take Japan...</p><p> </p><p>

WCCW National, 25%</p><p>

TWE National, 21%</p><p>

IDLA National, 21%</p><p>

CS National, 20%</p><p>

RFP Cult, 73%</p><p>

MCW Cult, 72%</p><p>

ECW Cult, 40%</p><p>

AWA Regional, 18%</p><p>

BTW Regional, 26%</p><p>

CWF Regional, 50%</p><p>

CWU Regional, 10%</p><p>

GLAM! Regional, 0%</p><p>