Real World Mod for WreSpi2

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So at the moment I'm using real names, HHH is 'Paul Levesque', HBK is 'Michael Higgenbottom', Edge is 'Adam Copeland' etc. etc. This keeps it realistic if said guys get fired, but would people rather see the wretsler names as the default names, or keep them like that?

[QUOTE=Ollie Beak]So at the moment I'm using real names, HHH is 'Paul Levesque', HBK is 'Michael Higgenbottom', Edge is 'Adam Copeland' etc. etc. This keeps it realistic if said guys get fired, but would people rather see the wretsler names as the default names, or keep them like that?[/QUOTE] Given the current standing of WWE & TNA on the matter, I'd say keep the real names in as defaults for those wrestlers and the gimmick names for the others. I think Michaels' last name is written Hickenbottom

I'm done for tonight, got a dog, just went to pick it up. I'd rather play with him then make wrestlers! Small update: Rob Conway, Trevor Rhodes, Lance Cade all done (may be a couple more, I've forgotten). I'm gonna include some tag teams / stables like the Extreme Horsemen and Generation Next as well as some international stars that work the US (KENTA, Nakamura, Skull & Bones, etc.), and I'm also gonna include a few surprises for the Beta, not all strictly wrestlers, but a few guys I wanna see in the game!

Yeah, I know HBK's real name, and I had spelt it 'Hickenbottom' in the data, but had just mis-spelt it in here. Thanks for pointing it out though. :) Work for today: I hope to get RAW finished, all I've got left are the Spirit Squad, Matt Striker and a few others, then I'll be starting on SmackDown!, I've done a few SD! guys, but not nearly as much as RAW, so that'll keep me occupied for today. Then once that is done I'll get started on Moves and Relationships and the like. If anyone wants to help say, I'm sure there's some things that need doing. :)

I've got panix making some photos for me, he's gonna design some new backgrounds too, which is a bit exciting, as it means this mod is completely new, started from scratch (minus some of the moves, which are taken [with permission] from the CornellVerse), and I can't wait to see them. I had a peak into your thread and the links there are insanely helpful, I've been using Wiki and OWW for wrestling purposes for a long time now, and they're both very good, whoever keeps them up to date does a tremendous job. Just finished the Spirit Squad, now onto Val Venis, another personal favourite of mine!

just a thought, i know that you have put a lot of work in already but it may be worth considering doing an import of TCP's mod using the convertor. TCP has stated he is not interested in doing a version of his mod for wrespi and his given people permission to do it if they want to. You can delete the feds and workers you dont want and then concentrate on movesets. It may save you a fair old amount of work. Of course if you wanna do it from scratch its your call but i will do the pics either way!

I've spoke to TCP, and he says I'm free to import his data and release his data for WreSpi, but I'd much rather have this be my mod. It's a nice mix of territory, testosterone and pride in my work. Come Summertime, when the mod is out and ready, I may do a quick conversion to allow people to play that, but at the moment, I'm making my mod. :) Batista, Undertaker and Chris Benoit done. There's a few stragglers on from RAW that I'm yet to do, but that'll all be done this weekend. With a bit of luck I'll have finished the base data for the WWE workers tonight, which means I can concentrate on moves for the next few days, and fingers crossed we may have a base Beta (WWE and a few free agents) set for next weekend just after the retail is released. :) [b]Edit:[/b] Still to do from RAW: Harry Smith The Highlanders Beth Phoenix Mickie James Danny Basham Lita Armando Allejandro Estrada

Well, this is certainly taking longer than I thought it would. I've managed to get through the "A" moves tonight. What I've been doing is, instead of outright deleting the moves I've converted them to real life moves whenever possible. Below is a list of what I've done so far. I'm thinking of importing some of the finisher level ones I have deleted and giving the lot a universal generic name, like Deadly {Insert move here} if the move doesn't otherwise have a finisher level counterpart. That way, if a player wanted to use one of these moves as his rookie's finisher he'd have that choice without messing with the editor. Also, when you're doing movesets and need, say, The Stroke, you could simply copy the generic "Deadly Forward Russian Legsweep", rename the copy, and toss in a note about it being Jeff Jerrett's signature finisher (if there's space), saving you a bit of work and worry about compatibility. I'll get to work on "B"s tomorrow after work and maybe even break into "C" depending. :) Converted: CV Move//new Move Abdominally Fabulous//Stretch Plum Adrenaline Shot//Buff Blockbuster Alabaster Agony//Elevated Surfboard American Guillotine//Argentine Rack Neck Breaker Ammo Dump//Underhook FaceFirst Piledriver Amphora Clutch Suplex//Release Full Nelson Suplex Angel Fury//720 Splash (Had to check to see if this was ever really done, heh. Jack Evans is the man!) Animalistic Spear//Gore Antidote Web//Standing Step Over Arm Cradle Arizona Gut Buster//Slingshot Gutbuster Drop Asiatic Spike//Tongan Death Grip Assassination Attempt//Arm Trap Shoulder Neckbreaker Aurora Surfboard Vice//Inverted Facelock Surfboard Deleted: Name (Reason for deletion) Acid Rain Bomb (Senton Bomb clone) Acidity Test (Death Lock STF clone) Amphora Clutch Bomb (Full Nelson Bomb clone) Amphora Clutch Drive (Full Nelson Legsweep clone) Amphora Clutch Stretch (Full Nelson Clutch clone) Amphora Clutch Suplex '05 (Full Nelson Suplex clone) Angel Grace (Moonsault clone) Angel Grace II (Moonsault Press clone) Angel Snap (Arabian Press clone) Angel Spike (Leaping DDT clone) Angular Arm Bar (Arm Bar clone) Anger Management (Forward russian legsweep clone) Apparition #14 (Shooting Star Press clone) Ass Shaking Routine (gimmick move) Asylum Buster (Leaping Piledriver clone) Atlantis Jam (Flying Legdrop clone) Atlas Clutch (Torture Rack clone) Atomic O-Bomb (Super Fisherman's Buster clone) Aztec Lariat (Lariat clone)

As a matter of fact I just looked into moves to try and add one (RVD's 5*), and whoa is there a lot of boxes! Workers are simple, movesets are going to be a total bitch! Thanks so much, you're being a great help. I'm still looking for suggestions for free agents, feel free to throw in a few names.

A list would be awesome Ollie, that way i can see who i have got left to do. I know im gonna have to do pics for everyone, but because i dont have the databse you are working on i dont know who everyone is - if you get my meaning?

Urgh... Kind of! I'll list who I've got in the game so far, and what I need in terms of pictures, all of them as up to date as possible (I know this is a near impossible task, so just do what you can): Adam Copeland [Edge] Bobby Lashley Carly Colon [Carlito] Charlie Haas Chris Benoit Chris Mordetzky [Chris Masters] Dave Bautista [Batista] Ekmo Fatu [Umaga] (one w/ make up, one w/out) Glen Jacobs [Kane] John Cena John Hennigan [Johnny Nitro] John Layfield [Jibble] Johnny Jeter [Johnny SS] Johnny Swinger [Johnny Pairisi] Ken Doane [Kenny SS] Kevin Steen Lance Cade Mark Calloway [Undertaker] Matt Hardy Matt Striker Melina Perez [Melina] Michael Hi[b]ck[/b]enbottom [Shawn Michaels] Mick Foley Mike Mondo [Mikey SS] Nelson Frazier [Viscera] Nick Dinsmore [Eugene] (one as Eugene, one as Nick) Nick Mitchell [Mitch SS] Paul Burchill [Birchall] Paul Heyman Paul Levesque [Triple H] Paul Wight [The Big Show] Randy Orton René Duprée Rey Misterio Jr. (one w/ mask, one w/out) Ric Flair Rob Conway Rob Van Dam Sabu Sean Morley [Val Venis] Shelton Benjiman Terry Funk The Sandman Trevor Rhodes Vincent Kennedy McMahon There are a few more, but I've not made them and are not on my database yet, so I will list more when I get them / get to them.

The editor is hugely intimidating. I played around with the idea of making a moves database for WreSpi1 and although that didn't pan out, I have some experience with tinkering with it. However, much like with workers, I'm the total suckage when it comes to setting realistic Frequency, Success, and Damage ratings. I can usually judge the best methods to counter and about what level a move should be just from reading a fairly good description though. Speaking of descriptions, that would be my one complaint about this game (and WreSpi1). I like to be as descriptive as possible for some of these moves (as they might be bizarre or complicated or just not common enough for your average WWE fan to have heard of them), but you only get about three sentences worth of space to do it in. Argh! For example, take the Inverted Facelock Surfboards description: [quote]The victim is face down. The attacker stands on the victim's knees and locks their ankles behind their legs, grabs both the victim's arms and sits down, bringing the victim up to their knees. From there the attacker applies an inverted facelock.[/quote] Gets the point across, at least.

Yeah, the space thing is annoying, and Adam also takes the mick by adding a couple more lines that can't be filled! Grr. But on topic, I could do moves and stuff, but not alone, because it's probably the biggest task that needs doing in this entire mod. I have no problem adding trademarks and finishes, but for lesser moves, it's going to be missions and I'll definitely need people to do it with me. I also want someone to get pictures for moves to use, because to see a picture of Benoit locking in the crossface as it's actually being done in the game would be so very badass!

indeed it would be very cool. you can Leave the move pics to me if you want, if i cant find actual workers doing the moves i will get some mates to pose for them and put them in myself. It would be cool to get real pics for all the moves imho

Archived