Companies should be penalized for having too bad of a match/segment even if dark

Bad matches(and occasional bad promos) in huge companies become the stuff of legends.

Right now it just hurts the crowd and then is forgotten about. There should be a risk in large companies for bad segments to go viral. This will encourage proper development/training of workers rather than just developing horrible workers in dark matches as botches/bad matches have risk of going viral and hurting company momentum/popularity.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BuddyGarner" data-cite="BuddyGarner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="53180" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bad matches(and occasional bad promos) in huge companies become the stuff of legends.<p> </p><p> Right now it just hurts the crowd and then is forgotten about. There should be a risk in large companies for bad segments to go viral. This will encourage proper development/training of workers rather than just developing horrible workers in dark matches as botches/bad matches have risk of going viral and hurting company momentum/popularity.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think, that terrible matches/angles really damage a promotion that much. Permanent bad quality does.</p><p> </p><p> And going viral isn't a problem. Horrible can be funny. The problem is, when it's boring.</p>

Bad matches(and occasional bad promos) in huge companies become the stuff of legends.

Right now it just hurts the crowd and then is forgotten about. There should be a risk in large companies for bad segments to go viral. This will encourage proper development/training of workers rather than just developing horrible workers in dark matches as botches/bad matches have risk of going viral and hurting company momentum/popularity.

That really only is the case when it's established workers. Goldberg vs. The Undertaker is infamous. Rebel vs. Shelly Martinez is a match that happened

That really only is the case when it's established workers. Goldberg vs. The Undertaker is infamous. Rebel vs. Shelly Martinez is a match that happened

I remember being at an OVW taping years ago when Linda Miles wrestled perhaps the worst match I've ever seen live -- and that's saying something. It didn't hurt/damage OVW at all, they were still filled to capacity next week.

Goldberg and Undertaker had a terrible match, it was acknowledged as terrible, but ti didn't really hamper either guy or have any long-lasting negative effects. I'm not sure what the desired outcome the OP has in mind.

[And I know I quoted Vin who isn't the OP, I was just building on his Goldberg/Taker vs Rebel/Martinez example.

I remember being at an OVW taping years ago when Linda Miles wrestled perhaps the worst match I've ever seen live -- and that's saying something. It didn't hurt/damage OVW at all, they were still filled to capacity next week.

Goldberg and Undertaker had a terrible match, it was acknowledged as terrible, but ti didn't really hamper either guy or have any long-lasting negative effects. I'm not sure what the desired outcome the OP has in mind.

[And I know I quoted Vin who isn't the OP, I was just building on his Goldberg/Taker vs Rebel/Martinez example.

It definitely hurt their momentum and had more fans asking them to hang up the boots

I'd enjoy bad segments giving workers temporary attributes that hurt future performers. Like the opposite of coming up with a hot move or catchphrase. They had a stinker that fans remember... for a time. And it hurts them. How to judge what counts as a bad segment could be fairly subjective though. Would it be from poor consistency? Or a floor depending on the company size? I'm not sure how Undertaker/Goldberg would have scored poorly in TEW, being that WWE is a pop>perf promotion. So maybe it has a 1% chance of triggering on an injury botch?

I do like bad events in matches and angles having lasting consequences though. In the short-medium term.

+1 to temporary bad form coming after random spots. I know people hate penalties in TEW but to me they are the only thing that stops the game from being like EWR where big number just means I win.

It shouldn’t be overwhelming, but noticeable to potentially make a difference in the way you would want to book someone during this period.