[RELEASE] Shifting Sands

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, djh87 said:

Now territory daze updates released any plans to update?

I had been working on brand new modifications until this last week when I've begun working on a very small update for Territory Daze, which will hopefully be done in a few days. I have been contemplating putting the new modifications on hold though just because I think I'm in danger of being burned out if I put my finger in too many pies so working on a Shifting Sands update instead may be something I consider.

So yeah, if people have any suggestions or recommendations, get them in now so if I do begin work on an update, I can potentially incorporate them. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome news. In terms of companies can't really make suggestions as was a period I had stopped watching. 

Looked through database so sorry if some are included under other names but notable people active or debuting within a few years Orlando Colon, Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, David Otunga, Michael Tarver, Baron Corbin, Strowman, Mason Ryan, Ezekiel Jackson, Phil Shatter, FTR

• Like 1

Hey Mammoth, as always love the mod (this and the 1970) as they are my favourite mod in the game.
Here are a few suggestions when it comes to promotions:
 - Wrestling Society X
 - NXT (unless you consider FCW to be NXT)
 - Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling
 - GLEAT
 - International Wrestling Revolution Group
 - RevPro
 - Big Japan Pro Wrestling
 - NWA (the current one)
 - Deadlock Pro Wrestling
 - New Japan of America
 - Jersey Championship Wrestling/Game Changer Wrestling
 - Major League Wrestling
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of other promotions missing, but this is a good start.

When it comes to wrestlers, I feel like there are a lot of women missing. Especially in Japan, since they have most of the women's wrestling promotions as the talent dries up extremely fast.
If I can, I would like to make the following suggestions:
Starlight Kid, Tam Nakano, Yuzuki Aikawa, Saori Anou, Momo Watanabe, Lady C, Toni Storm, Natsupoi, Riho, Utami Hayashishita, Maki Ito, AZM, Yuu, Suzu Suzuki, Jungle Kyona, Himeka, Maika, Miyu Yamashita, Hana Kimura, Arisa Hoshiki, Hyper Misao, Saki Akai, Natsuko Tora, Risa Sera, Marika Kobashi, Unagi Sayaka, Saki Kashima, Yuki Kamifuku, Momo Kohgo, Mei Suruga, Ram Kaicho, Mina Shirakawa, Giulia, Yuka Sakazaki. 

The list is pretty Stardom orientated, but the list has enough talent to keep the other promotion from starving to death by the end of the 2010s (unless Stardom starts signing talent exclusively for them).

An influx of Deathmatch wrestlers would also be great to keep a Deathmatch promotion like IWA Mid-South going.
That's all for me! Thanks for your efforts!

Edited by Jugg
Typo
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Barry static said:

This still being worked on?

Yes. Currently, I have:

• Added over 100 workers.
  • Added agers, narratives (thanks to @Taker), and revamped the picture pack to ensure continuity, quality and that they're contemporary. 
  • Added Wrestling Society X, GLEAT, Big Japan Pro Wrestling and the International Wrestling Revolution Group.
  • Added more Free Pictures (bringing it to 100) with help from @macca87 .
  • And added more venues for Japan and Mexico.

Still got hundreds of names to add though so I wouldn't say it's particularly close to release, but it's definitely being worked on. :)

• Like 11

On 10/20/2023 at 10:01 AM, Mammoth said:

Yes. Currently, I have:

• Added over 100 workers.
  • Added agers, narratives (thanks to @Taker), and revamped the picture pack to ensure continuity, quality and that they're contemporary. 
  • Added Wrestling Society X, GLEAT, Big Japan Pro Wrestling and the International Wrestling Revolution Group.
  • Added more Free Pictures (bringing it to 100) with help from @macca87 .
  • And added more venues for Japan and Mexico.

Still got hundreds of names to add though so I wouldn't say it's particularly close to release, but it's definitely being worked on. :)

Any chance you'd be willing to give us a sneak peak of the revamped pics? Shifting Sands has my favourite pack at the moment; would love to see where you're taking it (if it's a significant departure from the previous style).

3 hours ago, Barry static said:

Sounds really good assume coming out all in one go rather than stages

Yes. I like to work on an update all in one go so I'm concentrating on the same time period, at the same time. 'Cause otherwise I'll probably move on to other projects and potentially make stupid mistakes as my wires are getting crossed across the different time periods. I've got a lot of names I wish to add but depending on how long it takes, I may find somewhere to draw a line or do them all. I haven't decided yet so I can't give an ETA, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Almaida said:

Any chance you'd be willing to give us a sneak peak of the revamped pics? Shifting Sands has my favourite pack at the moment; would love to see where you're taking it (if it's a significant departure from the previous style).

Sorry, there's no change in the styling - so I'm glad you're a fan of it as it is. 😂 Perhaps my wording was wrong? What I've done is changed some pictures which didn't meet the criteria of showing the full upper body, like this:

Al Snow 02.jpg  Al Snow 02.jpg 

Austin Creed 01.jpg  Austin Creed 01.jpg

Meaning the whole picture pack is much more consistent. I wouldn't say it's perfect because I'm not that arrogant, but the style across the board is generally more consistent than it was with the pack largely sticking to the style you see on the right. Then I've also changed pictures to better versions where possible, and even used AI to improve the quality of some images as you can see here:

Alan Gallagher.jpg  Alan Gallagher.jpg

Aguilita Solitaria.jpg → Aguilita Solitaria.jpg

And then I've obviously brought it up to date so, for example, I've included the necessary attire changes from when I released the last update to now. I'm very happy with it and it took months of work, so I'm hoping y'all be happy with it too.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Sorry, there's no change in the styling - so I'm glad you're a fan of it as it is. 😂 Perhaps my wording was wrong? What I've done is changed some pictures which didn't meet the criteria of showing the full upper body, like this:

Al Snow 02.jpg  Al Snow 02.jpg 

Austin Creed 01.jpg  Austin Creed 01.jpg

Meaning the whole picture pack is much more consistent. I wouldn't say it's perfect because I'm not that arrogant, but the style across the board is generally more consistent than it was with the pack largely sticking to the style you see on the right. Then I've also changed pictures to better versions where possible, and even used AI to improve the quality of some images as you can see here:

Alan Gallagher.jpg  Alan Gallagher.jpg

Aguilita Solitaria.jpg → Aguilita Solitaria.jpg

And then I've obviously brought it up to date so, for example, I've included the necessary attire changes from when I released the last update to now. I'm very happy with it and it took months of work, so I'm hoping y'all be happy with it too.

Haha right on, looks great! Definitely glad you're keeping the same styling, I've really grown to love this scale showing the upper body; it's so unique compared to everything else that's out there. Big fan of your work overall!

• Thanks 1

I can't recall if I've mentioned this before, but one extremely small suggestion if not already implemented is to either increase the risk of WWE's Canadian broadcaster (TSN, I believe), or lower the risk of First Blood matches. WWE ran a first blood match on the first RAW of 2006 that was pre-booked and if you are looking to continue their pre-booking, you encounter that issue on the first show that you can't book it because the network blocks it.

Looking forward to the update given this and your 70s mod are my most played mods by far in TEW 2020. Thanks as always for all the hard work going into it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, James The Animator said:

I played a year-long save with the 2016 version of this mod as WWE, and I remember getting absolutely hammered with untimely drug test failures throughout the save. The save ended when Mike Chioda went whistleblower and tanked my prestige on the day of the Royal Rumble. So I ask this question not just for my own curiosity, but in a bid to assist others who play or are planning on playing this mod. What do you consider "hard drug use", as denoted by that attribute? Because there are many wrestlers who got high all the time, but it never negatively affected their careers. Also, some guys had problems that went under the radar for many years before they revealed them voluntarily long after getting sober.

There's a 2016 version of my modification?

This is how I usually judge it: soft drugs include, for example, hash, marijuana, sleeping pills and sedatives. Hard drugs include, for instance, heroin, cocaine, amphetamine, LSD and ecstasy. I only give a worker said attribute if it's been widely reported that they use drugs, and whether it's effected them in real life or not doesn't come into consideration for me. (Except in terms of whether or not the attribute is hidden or not.) As soon as the modification begins, I see it as an alternative timeline so if their drug use effects them in-game although it never did in real life, that's absolutely fine with me 'cause it just means that this timeline turned out differently. 

As always, you're welcome to add/remove attributes as you see fit and/or play the game in other ways that means drugs don't come into consideration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry static said:

How far ahead into future you planning to go with yet to debut workers?

If they're prominent enough today and/or are considered to have potential, then I'll be going right up to current day. For example, I've added Anthony Agogo, Brock Anderson, Trick Williams and Parker Boudreaux in the last couple of weeks. As always, I take requests so if there's anybody in particular you'd like to see, post them here.

7 hours ago, Mammoth said:

If they're prominent enough today and/or are considered to have potential, then I'll be going right up to current day. For example, I've added Anthony Agogo, Brock Anderson, Trick Williams and Parker Boudreaux in the last couple of weeks. As always, I take requests so if there's anybody in particular you'd like to see, post them here.

Ogogo 😋

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, same-old-davey said:

Wish I had been more patient, cuz I just started my own cool dynasty for attractive people using the old data. ^^;

Don't kick yourself too much. I still have a lot more names I want to add so I wouldn't say we're close to a release yet. We're still talking months, not weeks.

8 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Ogogo 😋

Luckily that was a spelling mistake in this thread and not in the database. 😆

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mammoth said:

That sounds amazing for a long term save

Random one I thought of was Sean O'Haire who was pretty much retired but had last match in march 06. Be a bit of a what if with him 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...