[Hype] 2001 WCW - Here Comes The Money

Tri State - USA

Jersey All Pro Wrestling

T0DWhV5.jpeg

Jersey All Pro Wrestling has just undergone an identity crisis. Forced to abandon its deathmatch & hardcore style by local politicians, the new "Hard Hitting Action" its decided to focus on instead seems to be a breath of fresh air.

Male Wrestlers

Billy Reil

Buff-E

Chino Martinez

Crazy Ivan as Skinhead Ivan JAPW Jersey State Champion

Devon Storm

Dixie

Don Montoya

Homicide JAPW Heavyweight Champion

Insane Dragon

Jay Briscoe

Johnny Kashmere

Low Ki

Mace

Mafia

Mark Briscoe

Mike Quackenbush

Monsta Mack

Nick Berk

Prince Nana

Ric Blade JAPW Light Heavyweight Champion

Rockin' Rebel

Trent Acid

Xavier

Tag Teams

Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe)

Christopher Street Connection (Buff E & Mace)

Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) JAPW Tag Team Champions

The Backseat Boys (Johnny Kashmere & Trent Acid)

Youth Gone Wild (Dixie & Insane Dragon)

Non-Wrestlers

Frank Iadevaia Personality & Road Agent

Garry Morere Referee

Mark Clemson Announcer

Mike Kehner Referee

Paul Turner Referee

JAPW Notables

Frank Iadevaia is owner & booker

JAPW runs a monthly schedule.

I didn't know about JAPW's history really. They got popular focusing on hardcore/deathmatch wrestling, maybe not quite as extreme as XPW or CZW versions. But in late 2000/early 2001, New Jersey politicians got involved and actually banned that type of wrestling in New Jersey. They focused on JAPW as it was the biggest promotion there and even sent officials to monitor shows apparently. JAPW then rebranded to focus on Hard Hitting action, and the rise of Homicide/Low Ki/Da Hit Squad among others began. Arguably this was the start of the modern indy style as we know it which I find fascinating.

Mike Kehner is actually an active wrestler & referee, though his contract with JAPW is only to be a referee at this time.

Combat Zone Wrestling

dKp6mWC.jpeg

CZW, alongside JAPW, really make up the top of the tri-state indies at this time. While JAPW had recently began to move away from ultraviolent matches, CZW still focuses on the deathmatch style. However, a new generation of wrestler seems to be changing the product of CZW based on their high flying skills.

Male Roster

Adam Flash

Amazing Red

Eddie Valentine

Jay Briscoe

Joel Maximo

Johnny Kashmere

Jon Dahmer

Jose Maximo

Justice Pain

Juventud Guerrera

Lobo CZW Iron Man Champion

Mark Briscoe

MEN's Teioh CZW Junior Heavyweight Champion

Minoru Fujita

Nate Hatred

Nick Berk

Nick Gage

Nick Mondo

Reckless Youth

Ric Blade

Ruckus

The Winger

Wifebeater CZW World Heavyweight Champion

Zandig

Z-Barr

Tag Teams

Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe)

H8 Club (Nate Hatred & Nick Gage) CZW Tag Team Champions

Pain & Wifebeater (Justice Pain & Wifebeater

The Backseat Boys (Johnny Kashmere & Trent Acid)

The SAT (Joel Maximo & Jose Maximo)

VD (Eddie Valentine & Jon Dahmer

Non-Wrestlers

Eric Gargiulo Announcer

John House Color Commentator

Mike Kehner Referee

Rob Hartog Referee

CZW Notables

Zandig is CZW owner & booker.

CZW runs a monthly schedule.

MEN's Teioh never actually wrestled for CZW. CZW had a working agreement with BJW in Japan and several of its titles were defended and switched hands in Japan with wrestlers never appearing on American soil. Only way to really do it is to have Teioh on the CZW roster, though on a short contract. The Winger & Minoru Fujita were making American appearances at this time.

Juvtenud Guerrera has a 1-month/1-appearance deal.

Like JAPW, CZW is pretty straightforward. I'm not 100% sure what to make its product since it did seem to really be a 50/50 promotion around this time with 50% deathmatches/hardcore stuff and 50% the emerging modern indy style with guys like The Briscoes/SAT/Backseat Boys/Ruckus.

I was just a punk high school kid who attended every JAPW event every Friday/Saturday at our little bingo hall (it really was!) in town. Glad to see them getting the love here and I can remember clear as day when then-NJ Governor Christine Whitman tried to outlaw the promotion and it's style. Fat Frank opened a show, cut a promo, and said that JAPW will only grow from there. We chanted tables and ended up getting a ridiculous 'hard hitting' match between Homicide and Low Ki. No table, no "hardcore", just a style that would revolutionize independent wrestling. Whoa, this totally blew open those old doors haha. What a time to live here and it's a cool feather in the cap where I could proudly say I remember seeing Homicide, Low Ki, Trent Acid (RIP), Monsta Mack/Dan Maff (The Hit Squad - PUMP, PUMP) and Devon "Crowbar" Storm, The Haas Brothers, Dixie & Dragon and many more guys, entertain this small town and apply their craft.

That seems like a later CZW logo, I think for the period they used this one

YjYLN17.png

Thank you sir!

the picture used for Justice Pain is of Toby Klein.

I hate my life! Thanks for the heads up.

I was just a punk high school kid who attended every JAPW event every Friday/Saturday at our little bingo hall (it really was!) in town. Glad to see them getting the love here and I can remember clear as day when then-NJ Governor Christine Whitman tried to outlaw the promotion and it's style. Fat Frank opened a show, cut a promo, and said that JAPW will only grow from there. We chanted tables and ended up getting a ridiculous 'hard hitting' match between Homicide and Low Ki. No table, no "hardcore", just a style that would revolutionize independent wrestling. Whoa, this totally blew open those old doors haha. What a time to live here and it's a cool feather in the cap where I could proudly say I remember seeing Homicide, Low Ki, Trent Acid (RIP), Monsta Mack/Dan Maff (The Hit Squad - PUMP, PUMP) and Devon "Crowbar" Storm, The Haas Brothers, Dixie & Dragon and many more guys, entertain this small town and apply their craft.

I'm doing a fair bit of research as I'm doing this and I didnt know about the political stuff. Its crazy to look back at this time to see where all the seeds of todays wrestling came from. Like, everything comes from stuff before it so you can go down that rabbit hole forever, but it really seems like WCW Cruiserweights + Benoit/Angle/Jericho in WWF + Rob Van Dam (and a few other ECW guys to be fair) + a dash of Nova & Kanyon all was starting to really influence people. Then UPW/ZERO-ONE's talent trading seemed to really give a lot of indy guys shots in Japan they wouldn't normally get, especially over the next few years where I feel alot of Japanese influence comes in (KENTA + Dragon Gate and others obviously).

But what I didnt realize, is it really seems JAPW has a much bigger role in forming what became ROH's style, with the above influences, and looking back and watching stuff lately I dont think they get the credit they deserve. CZW was in there too and a bunch of others, but that hard hitting American version of strong style really seems to have its strongest start in JAPW at this time.

Ultimo Dragon and Jerry Lynn were also huge influences on the early 2000's indie scenes and pretty much every worker after that either directly or indirectly.

Yea, I count Ultimo under the Dragon Gate/Toryumon since LuchaResu is basically his invention. And Lynn to me is an extension of RVD.

Great Lakes - USA

IWA Mid South

TNCxR32.jpeg

IWA Mid South, like most of the remaining "big" independent promotions of the time, has focused on deathmatches and hardcore styling. However, again, like most notable promotions, is starting to see an influx of a newer, more technical & athletic style of wrestler.

Male Wrestlers

Ace Steel

Axl Rotten

BJ Whitmer

Cash Flo

Chris Hero

CM Punk

Colt Cabana

Corporal Robinson

Hido

Hy-Zaya IWA Mid-South Light Heavyweight Champion

Ian Rotten

Jamie Dundee

Mad Man Pondo

Mitch Page IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Champion

Necro Butcher

Reckless Youth

Rollin' Hard

Sabu

Suicide Kid

Trent Baker

Tag Teams

Bad Breed (Axl Rotten & Ian Rotten)

Gold Bond Mafia (CM Punk & Colt Cabana)

Mean & Hard (Mitch Page & Rollin' Hard)

Non-Wrestlers

Dave Prazak Announcer & Manager of Gold Bond Mafia

Jason Harding Referee

Jim Fannin Color Commentator & Manager

Summer Manager

IWA Mid-South Notables

IWA MS is owned & booked by Ian Rotten

IWA MS runs a near constant schedule.

Technically the IWA MS Tag Team titles should be retired until 2002, but I have them starting as active & vacant. I figure most people would just prefer them have tag belts.

Jason Harding, todays Jason Ayers, wasn't technically in IWA MS. But they need a referee. Most referees for a lot of promotions are just random friends/non-wrestlers and information about them is fleeting let alone consistency of people who reffed show-to-show. Harding was a ref in the great lakes at this time anyway, and he fits the bill.

The HWA is in the Great Lakes as well. Covered them in another post about developmental territories. Click the image/name above to view.

South East - USA

NWA Wildside

PXBBJfA.jpg

Male Wrestlers

Adam Jacobs

Air Pairs

AJ Styles

Caprice Coleman

David Young

Jason Cross

JC Dazz

Jeremy Lopes

Jimmy Rave NWA Wildside Junior Heavyweight Champion

Lazz

Onyx

Prince Justice NWA Wildside Heavyweight Champion

Rainman

Rick Michaels

Scottie Wrenn

Todd Sexton

Tony Stradlin

Tag Teams

Boogaloo Crew (JC Dazz & Scottie Wrenn) NWA Wildside Tag Team Champions

TNT (Todd Sexon & Tony Stradlin)

Non-Wrestlers

Bill Behrens Road Agent

Dan Wilons Announcer

Mark Johnson Referee

Rudy Charles Referee

Steven Prazak Color Commentator

NWA Wildside Notables

Wildside is a disaster. Their history just isnt well recorded. A good deal of their roster turned into nobodies, but some very important people also began their careers here. So I feel mandated to keep them in the data, despite them being in an absolute crap state. I'd call Wildside the most unrealistic company in the data thus far, but so be it.

Bill Behrens is owner and booker

NWA Wildside runs a monthly schedule

Prince Justice (Abyss) is already NWA Wildside Heavyweight Champion. He won the title at the start of May, but I decided to have him win it April 30. There was some giant guy named Stone Mountain he won it from who didnt do much before and did nothing after getting beat. So I said screw it just fast forwarded it to Justice.

National Wrestling Alliance Notes

NWA Wildside is a permanent member of the National Wrestling Alliance, alliance. As of now, the NWA only has 3 members (Wildside, ECCW in Canada & Zero-One in Japan), Wildside is set to be a permanent member due to NWA being in its name and to guarantee 1-company as long as Wildside is alive.

Speaking the NWA, it currently has 4-alliance titles. The NWA World Heavyweight title (Steve Corino), the NWA World Tag Team titles (Vito DeNucci & Chris Nelson), the NWA World Junior Heavyweight title (Rocky Reynolds) & the NWA World Women's title (vacant). The women's belt stayed vacant IRL until 2002 I believe, but who knows what the AI will do.

NWATNA (or TNA or Impact) is not being set as a "to open" promotion. I feel with WCW staying around the idea of TNA, WWA & the XWF simply wouldnt happen. So any companies who main identity was built around being the new WCW/2nd American promotion, is not opening. So in a lot of ways Wildside is the nexus of the NWA with Zero-One being its "big" promotion. I am including many "to open" promotions, but just not TNA since again its so closely tied to being the new WCW & basically Jeff Jarrett's only option.

With all that said, I am very much toying with adding a new promotion to help fill out the NWA, and the game world. NWA Florida and/or IPW Hardcore in Florida are two obvious front runners. Also NWA New Jersey or the Premier Wrestling Federation (wasnt officially part of the NWA that I can tell, but was owned by Corino and several NWA belts were defended there). On a stretch there's a chance of NWA Southwest out of Texas being added, though I highly doubt it since 99% of the roster were and became nobodies even on an indy level.

General Notes

Just worth noting the continental United States are now complete! Well, it will never be complete, I'll also have something to tweak or add or whatever, but I'd call the continental US playable now, which is a big step. Obviously there's a load of work in Japan & Mexico left to do, plus Puerto Rico, Canada and whatever becomes of the rest of the world and all the free agents. So there is plenty of work. I also need to do Venues & Locations (doing this from scratch) and Broadcasters which is going to eat up a lot of time. I've already played around with a lot of this, but 99.9% of the work remains.

Memphis Championship Wrestling

kmi99fq.jpeg

MCW is in the South East as well. Covered them in another post about developmental territories. Click the image/name above to view.

Sorry if I missed anything, but will NWA Wildside still be set as a WCW Developmental promotion?

I'm a complete weirdo, and actually have all these plans for a bunch of the Wildside lads in WCW.

Whiiich also reminds me, are you against adding any more people? Because the Wildside roster there seems to be missing Jeff G. Bailey and John Phoenix. Bailey was a manager type around the time I believe, and Phoenix had just begun teaming with Adam Jacobs as Suicidal Tendencies. (A couple of guys I intend on building up as a Cruiserweight Tag Team in my WCW Save... Yeah, like i said, I'm a ****ing weirdo, who likes generic 2000s guys a lot.)

... I had also planned on a thing with Stone Mountain and Prince Justice, but considering your description of the dude, I'm gonna go ahead and guess you aren't gonna go outta your way to add Mountain. lol

Anyway, this is a big paragraph of questions, so I'm gonna end off with a thank you for all your hard work on this mod so far. You're clearly doing your best here, and it shows.

As of now, WCW will have HWA set as a developmental territory. NWA Wildside is more valuable as the "heart" of the non-existent NWA IMO.

I will be adding people, but there is generally 2 criteria I need to add a worker. 1) Lots of information from wikis/bios/internet sites 2) Ability to watch videos of the wrestler working. If people dont have one of those two things, I tend to not like adding them as its all just guess work and what not.

If people really want people added to the data they see missing, I suggest linking me lots of resources on them.

As of now, WCW will have HWA set as a developmental territory. NWA Wildside is more valuable as the "heart" of the non-existent NWA IMO.

Wouldn't the NWA at this period be mostly Wildside, OVW and ECCW?

Wildside is clearly the heart, since OVW left towards the end of 2001 and Canada is just Canada when it comes to American wrestling, sorry MrCanada.

Wouldn't the NWA at this period be mostly Wildside, OVW and ECCW?

Wildside is clearly the heart, since OVW left towards the end of 2001 and Canada is just Canada when it comes to American wrestling, sorry MrCanada.

Correct-ish. OVW was kind of an NWA affiliate still though basically had no cross promotion with it, and basically is committing to being WWF's minor leagues right now, so I've removed them from the alliance.

At this point in 2001 you do have a bunch of affilates all over the place but most of them were full of local workers who amount to nothing and are promotions that never really left a mark at all in the wrestling world. That said, here's a general list of the active, notable, NWA companies at this time:

Pro-Wrestling ZERO-ONE (I'd argue the are the most marquee company though they were brand new)

NWA Florida (the big belts are defended there often)

NWA Wildside (it rarely if ever had the big belts on shows)

Exteme Canadian Championship Wrestling

Canadian Wrestling Federation (Ernie Todd owned it and was the NWA President in 2001)

NWA-UK Hammerlock

NWA New Jersey

NWA Southwest

NWA West Virginia/Ohio

NWA New England

Premier Wrestling Federation (was not an official affiliate, but was owned by Corino and the belts were defended there)

Ohio Valley Wrestling (technically was part of the NWA but it had mostly been phased out by 2001)

Based on that list it really seems adding NWA Florida might be a good idea.

By 2002, TNA shows up and really becomes the NWA for many years and most affiliates don't really stay relevant as the "big belts" are not defended outside TNA really. The few territories that remain after 2002 seem to just use the NWA initials as a very small crutch. Some fun to this mod is seeing what would happen to NWA in this scenario. I'd imagine Zero-One really ends up being the place the NWA is centered with its more constant schedule.

I'm getting more and more excited for this as the days go by and I begin planning my WCW save. You are doing an excellent job with this, thank you for all of your hard work! I do have a question regarding Jeff Jarrett. The 20-week starting hiatus to simulate his "Summer of No Worries" makes sense. In fact, I'm totally on board with all of the Turner contracts (except maybe Tony Schiavone, I don't want WCW without Schiavone).

Anyway, will there be any fallout from the "Capital G, Double O, Double N, Double E" promo? I know Jarrett believed it was a work, but will there be a negative relationship with Vince McMahon, or even Shane McMahon?

I'm getting more and more excited for this as the days go by and I begin planning my WCW save. You are doing an excellent job with this, thank you for all of your hard work! I do have a question regarding Jeff Jarrett. The 20-week starting hiatus to simulate his "Summer of No Worries" makes sense. In fact, I'm totally on board with all of the Turner contracts (except maybe Tony Schiavone, I don't want WCW without Schiavone).

Anyway, will there be any fallout from the "Capital G, Double O, Double N, Double E" promo? I know Jarrett believed it was a work, but will there be a negative relationship with Vince McMahon, or even Shane McMahon?

I 100% buy into the fact Vince had issues with Jarrett. I've heard interviews since saying Jeff was willing to take a buy out like DDP & Booker and sign a smaller deal but WWE didnt want him. Considering just how baron the stars WWF could get, the fact they didnt get Jarrett, to me, only proves Vince was still salty over how Jarrett left WWF for WCW. So Vince & Jeff Jarrett have a strong dislike relationship.

However, there is no relationship between Shane & Jeff, so in theory, you can sign him.

My main goal with the data as I'm making it now is to create the most realistic version of WCW staying alive as possible, which is WWF/Vince buying/bank rolling it and giving it to Shane to run (as has been said was the plan). A lot of mods like this tend to rely on a fantasy scenario of Shane & Vince falling out or Linda divorcing Vince or whatever, thats not my intention. Thats why all the current Turner contracts are being used as hiatuses, including Jarrett & Rey Mysterio, who both would have left their TimeWarner deals. Jim Ross apparently talked Mysterio out of doing so saying to make the money and heal up and WWE would get him in a year when his deal expired. And I've just seen it in several spots where Jarrett was willing.

So the thing with the data is you are playing as Shane (as I intend, people can create an avatar or play as anyone. There are no User Characters in the data). And to me, the idea is to "roleplay" Shane as it would likely go. So, I doubt Shane would have brought in Jarrett, but that's your choice.

I personally think the best choice is for anyone who plays the data to modify it a bit to fit their narrative. For example, you can make it a fantasy where Shane and Vince have fallen out, but Shane gets WCW. Change Shane & Vince relationship to family feud, and I'd say add Jarrett & Mysterio to WCW from the get go. Even Mysterio sitting out is up for debate. Had WCW gone on as its own proper company, I'd argue JR wouldnt have told Mysterio to sit out, so people may want to add him to WCW in a normal game.

Also to talk more, Shane does not have a bunch of relationships at all. I'm generally trying to keep all relationships to a minimum since we dont really know just how close people were or who had issues with who. Unless its really known, I'm not including many relationships. Shane has blood relative with Vince & Stephanie. And Friendships with Pete Gas & Rodrageous. Was Shane chummy with a bunch of people? Big Show? Test? Yea I think so, but I dont feel its strong enough to add to the data. TEW does a terrible job with relationships IMO. They mean too much and dont evolve enough. Lots of wrestlers have their friends just like you or I have friends at work. Should our friend get fired, we don't throw fits and refuse to work unless its for a very very dumb reason. Not to mention, as close as you are with work friends, those friendships are often fleeting and more out of convenience.

As for Schiavone, I actually agree, and might get rid of that absence. But Tony himself has stated he wanted nothing to do with WCW or wrestling after just leaving WCW. He did announce for XWF in November 2001 though. I think he just was sick of TimeWarner/Bischoff/Russo and all the egos in WCW. Maybe under WWF/Shane he would have stayed around. I feel the table is all to obviously set for Joey Styles though, and I really think had WCW lived in any format (be it WWF or Bischoff), Joey was going to end up its new announcer. Though maybe WWF would have used Cole or Kevin Kelly. I dont realistically think they were going to run long-term with Scott Hudson/Arn Anderson.

Jarrett and Vince do not like each other by then. The reason was cause Jarrett accept to lost the IC title after his contract expired, before going to WCW, but Vince never pay for that PPV match, so Jarrett sued Vince.

By then was also impossible that WWF would sign Jarrett, Savage or Luger. Vince hate this men then. Booker T and DDP accept the contract cause according to Flair, these guys where looking to be part of WWF.

I love this era I did a mod for TEW2005 back in 05/06 which I put loads of time into and fleshed out most of the US but never got round to the rest of the world due to work and travel.

Even back then it was hard to get info on MCW, HWA and other Indy companies.

Love playing as WCW around this time, trying to rebuild them with the young workers they had, can you make megastars of Mike Awesome, Lance Storm, Chris Kanyon and Sean O’Haire. These are 4 wrestler I always build the future around.

I am also planning storylines and signings for a potential diary, keep up the good work. Can’t wait

Jarrett and Vince do not like each other by then. The reason was cause Jarrett accept to lost the IC title after his contract expired, before going to WCW, but Vince never pay for that PPV match, so Jarrett sued Vince.

Not quite correct - Jarrett requested Vince pay him out what he was owed that night, as he left the PPV, and Vince agreed. Jeff himself has said he didn't sue Vince and wouldn't have, as he knew Vince could have held him in court for years and cost him more than he would have made.

https://talksport.com/sport/wrestling/666465/jeff-jarrett-vince-mcmahon/

Puerto Rico - USA

World Wrestling Council

qjfSain.jpg

World Wrestling Council is the leader of Puerto Rico! For decades its been a force in wrestling, though seems content to simply rule the Caribbean Island.

Male Wrestlers

Carlos Colon Road Agent

Carly Colon

Damien Steele

Eddie Colon WWC Junior Heavyweight Champion

El Bronco

Invader #1 WWC Puerto Rico Champion

Jeff Bradley as Bad Boy Bradley

Jim Steele

Joe Don Smith

Konnan

LA Smooth as Tahitian Warrior

Lightning WWC World Tag Team Champions

Mustafa Saed

Ray Gonzalez WWC Universal Heavyweight Champion

Rex King

Ricky Santana

Rico Suave

Thunder

Tag Teams

Bronco & Invader #1 (El Bronco & Invader #1)

The Colons (Carly Colon & Eddie Colon)

Thunder & Lightning WWC World Tag Team Champions

Non-Wrestlers

James Beard Referee

Jerry Mercado Announcer

Victor Jovica Personality, Color Commentator, Road Agent

WWC Notables

WWC is owned by Victor Jovica & booked by Carlos Colon

WWC runs a TV or Weekly schedule

Like a lot of the "lesser" promotions of this time, information about WWC is scarce/incomplete. There's still stuff to potentially modify and change but the promotion is what I would now call playable. I could really use some insight on who their announcers are at this time. I dont think it was Jerry Mercado & Victor Jovica, but I have them set up to work as such to avoid WWC AI needing to hire random people.

WWC Television Title is around and active. At this time some wrestler named Chris Grant is champion. I cant find much more then a peep about him. So unless someone can find stuff for me, I will not be adding him. I'll likely add Alex Porteau before the data is released and may just have him start as champion as if he never lost the belt to Chris Grant.

WWC Superestrellas is around as WWC's TV show. In theory its name should be longer, but I just found it unsightly to look at WWC Superestrellas de la Lucha Libre

All talent in WWC & IWA has written deals. This will be true for Japan (and likely Mexico) too. They will be written non-exclusive deals. But with Puerto Rico & Japan for sure you did have a signed contract. I'm also setting all deals to be 12-months (outside a few cases), so it could make for an interesting time for Puerto Rico.

International Wrestling Association

3buMPhT.jpg

The IWA has arrived! The hot new guys in town in Puerto Rico. Thanks to a few key local stars and the support of the WWF, the newer promotion has some thinking WWC's time at the top is finally in jeopardy.

Male Wrestlers

Andy Anderson IWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion

Chaz Dev

Chicky Star

D'Lo Brown Dev

Huracan Castillo Jr. IWA Hardcore Champion

Miguel Perez Jr.

Nuevo Gran Apolo

Pete Gas Dev

Ricky Banderas IWA World Heavyweight Champion

Savio Vega

Shane Sewell as Glamour Boy Shane

Super Crazy

Tiger Ali Singh Dev

Tommy Diablo

Vampire Warrior as Gangrel Dev

Victor The Bodyguard

Tag Teams

Los Boricuas (Huracan Castillo Jr. & Miguel Perez Jr.)

Starr Corporation (Chicky Starr & Victor The Bodyguard) IWA World Tag Team Champions

Non-Wrestlers

Carlos Cabrera Announcer

Dutch Mantel Manager, Personality & Road Agent

Hugo Savinovich Color Commentator

Pelayito Vazquez Referee

Victor Quinones Personality & Road Agent

IWA Notables

IWA is owned by Victor Quinones and booked by Dutch Mantel. Fun fact, Dutch is one of the most skilled bookers in the game behind only Vince & Heyman for sure at this point.

IWA runs a TV or weekly schedule.

IWA has the tv show IWA Impacto Total on right now. I think they actually add a second show soon? I haven't really looked into it. But either way, that's what they have for now.

IWA is a developmental company of the WWF. In reality, it was really more of an island of misfit toys, with WWF sending a few more established talents there (see above) to keep working while WWF has nothing for them to do. There is no real way to 100% properly simulate this in TEW, so I decided to just make IWA a developmental company. I do think in the fantasy scenario I view this mod, at least a few of the guys here would have ended up being "sold" or given to Shane's new WCW to help build it up and take money off of WWF's books, notably D'Lo & Chaz. But I'll leave that up to people to modify and edit in if they want.

I've decided to do away with the standard practice of calling this company IWA Puerto Rico (IWA PR). Simply, they are not actually called that. They dont use it on their own marketing/titles/ect and is more of a thing done simply to make it obvious what IWA is to casual people. Since their are not a million promotions and people to keep track of, I felt simply having them as the International Wrestling Association (IWA) felt more pleasing.

Mod Notables

And with Puerto Rico done, I can say American promotions currently in the game are complete! A bit of a milestone. Again, as I keep saying, its all a work in progress and I do constantly tinker with stuff so there is no such thing as done. I'll likely be a bit quieter in the coming week(s), but Canada is likely next on the menu. As of now there's only BCW in Ontario and ECCW in BC to work with. I'm thinking of other reasonable promotions to add. Stampede is technically around & RAW in Nova Scotia which have caught my eye. I'm also likely going to take time to focus on US/Canada based free agents and continue to work on venues & broadcasters as well as other stuff like that. Polishing off Mexico & Japan are big undertakings due to the sizes of the areas and amount of workers and the fact I'm less familiar with Mexico specifically. But progress is progress!

I'm wondering is this being done from scratch, or using a 2016 mod as its base?

I just saw that this says it was based on a 2002 mod. But which mod was THAT based on?

Obviously the 2001 made by Genadi already exists. How will this be any different or better? I found that to be very comprehensive and balanced.

I'm wondering is this being done from scratch, or using a 2016 mod as its base?

I just saw that this says it was based on a 2002 mod. But which mod was THAT based on?

Obviously the 2001 made by Genadi already exists. How will this be any different or better? I found that to be very comprehensive and balanced.

I'm basically making the data from scratch but just using Johnal881's as a template/base. I'll update the list below once a promotion is "complete", but I'll tend to tinker with them until the end. I'm also redoing venues, injuries, excursions, so there's a lot more work then just companies and workers.

From the first page

I'm basically making the data from scratch but just using Johnal881's as a template/base. I'll update the list below once a promotion is "complete", but I'll tend to tinker with them until the end. I'm also redoing venues, injuries, excursions, so there's a lot more work then just companies and workers.

From the first page

You've got at least another year or twos work ahead of you if that is the case. It took me 3 years to make mine. Good luck.