Return of the Mad King [CVerse]

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0Y9lmmQ.jpg

FRIDAY WEEK 3, DECEMBER 2019

I guess you can add that PWR punk Greg Sluchinsky to my list of enemies.

He never liked me from the get go, but his remarks were usually one-liners in the PWR newsletter and quips on the PWR Podcast. That is the first hit piece he's ever made on me. The little **** is just parroting the same lines that everyone else has said about me for the last two years. The "journalist" can't even come up with his own insults. Scumbag. He's just as bad as that no-good, rotten piece of **** Phil "I Ruin Every Company I Touch" Vibert. Wannabe journalists who couldn't cut it, or didn't have the balls to even try to cut it, in the wrestling business. They run their mouths on podcasts because they can't get a gig in the business.

After the article was published, I received over two dozen requests from podcasts asking me to go on their shows to respond to Greg. I didn't give them the dignity of a response. They didn't care about giving me a platform; they just wanted the clicks that would come with taking something I say and putting it as their headline. Making money off of others work, just like Greg and Phil and the rest of the so-called reporters who ruined the business in the last decade.

On the bright side, the largest wrestling site in the world put me front and center on their homepage. I was trending for three days, bringing in more eyes to Royal Canadian Wrestling. It added fuel to the fire. With just three months until the launch of Royal Canadian Wrestling, we had the entire wrestling world at attention.

In the time I hadn't spent pacing back and forth in my apartment wanting to yank Greg's head off his shoulders, I made a few phone calls to prospective talent.

IebUxZ9.png?1

Kd8eQs8.jpg

ROYAL CANADIAN WRESTLING ROSTER ANNOUNCED

FRIDAY WEEK 4, MARCH 2020

In a series of social media posts, the Confederation of the Territories and Royal Canadian Wrestling have revealed the roster for the Canadian territory. These announcements come weeks before the inaugural show at the Avalon Ballroom in Niagara Falls, titled RCW Commencement.

There are a few notable names, perhaps most notably former Queens of the Coliseum competitor Jenny "Storm" Rogers. Rogers has expressed interest in joining the world of pro wrestling, stating that she was a long-time fan of Canadian Golden Combat. It's fitting that her introduction to the industry will be under Alex DeColt, who is promoting his first wrestling shows since being removed from power in CGC in 2017, just a year before their collapse. Other notable names announced include Philippe LaGrenier and the Bad Boys of Wrestling (Ryan Powell and Shane Nelson) of CGC fame, and Jana Marie Brown who had lengthy NOTBPW and AAA runs.

fpOiy9k.jpgBEX3ftD.jpgZwJGKZs.jpgKsuuf1i.jpg

Ace Youngblood | Blaze | Charlie Corner | Chip Martin

XwZnnFu.jpgOxNXha7.jpgX2eYhBL.jpga0pkj1n.jpg

Crusher Haverford | DupliKate | Jack Pryde | JMB

Clp5fnd.jpg0zRxZF1.jpgW1Y96rU.jpgAxDWrZn.jpg

Lion Heart | Philippe LaGrenier | Ryan Powell | Ryan Turner

Jbt1k1P.jpgagV1srS.jpgBt274MX.jpgXmoBVJY.jpg

Shane Nelson | Speed McKane | Stan Manna | Stella Saint

sw1jBEz.jpgeJw3tCW.jpg

Storm | Tzilla

Alex DeColt has also promised surprises for the first show. We reached out to RCW management to inquire about potential working relationships with other promotions, but we did not receive word back. With DeColt's brothers still operating Canadian Wrestling Alliance alongside the Stone family, rumors swirled about RCW potentially being affiliated. Sources tell us that this will not be the case because of the hard feelings that still exist in the DeColt family.

Kd8eQs8.jpg

0Y9lmmQ.jpg

SUNDAY WEEK 3, MARCH 2020

It's a weird feeling. I've booked shows one hundred times the size of the RCW debut, but that night was the most nervous I had ever been in the business. This was a chance for me to prove myself once again. To prove to my brothers that they were wrong for throwing me to the curb. To prove to the fans that they were wrong for making me the scapegoat. To prove to Dad that he was right for believing in me.

This couldn’t just be any ordinary debut show. This couldn’t be "safe" or "traditional." No, this needed to be a show that is remembered for years to come. A show that puts Royal Canadian Wrestling on the front page of every damn publication in Canada. A show that makes Sluchinsky eat his words. For better or for worse, I was ready to make RCW Commencement a show for the ages.

The doors opened at 7pm, which meant I had three hours to finalize the plans. I paced around my office in the Avalon Ballroom, curtains closed and door locked. I ran through every possible scenario in my head. Every headline that would result. Every enemy I was about to make. Those are issues for tomorrow, I tried to reason with myself. Tonight was a statement, one that would be signed with a bloody red line that showed where RCW and Alex DeColt stood in the wrestling business.

Some would call it crazy. I call it necessary. I was putting the old mantra that "all publicity is good publicity" to the ultimate test. I spent years on the sideline as my family took my company and turned it into a monolith. Meanwhile, they dragged my name through the mud. They wouldn’t be where they are without me, no matter how many times they claim otherwise.

I sat down at my desk for the first time in hours. Dripping sweat. Head in my hands. I made one last phone call to make sure they everything was going to go as we planned. On the surface, RCW Commencement looked like any old COTT debut show. That was the plan. Fool every "insider" into thinking that I was going to fall in line with the rest of the promoters. But that isn't how I am. That isn't how Alex DeColt handles his business. That night, we went to war. I was the leader. The commander. The general. The Mad King.

Kd8eQs8.jpg

RCW COMMENCEMENT

Sunday Week 3, March 2020

WINNERS FACE OFF IN INAUGURAL COTT CANADIAN TITLE MATCH NEXT MONTH:
Bad Boys of Wrestling (Ryan Powell & Shane Nelson) vs. Philippe LaGrenier & Ace Youngblood

COTT WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
: Deadly Deadshot © vs. Speed McKane

3. Blaze vs. Storm

4. Tzilla vs. JMB

5. Rock City Stars (Ryan Turner & Stan Manna) vs. Cali Generation (Charlie Corner & Chip Martin)

MYSTERY OPPONENT:
Crusher Haverford vs. ???

(BONUS: Who is the mystery opponent?)

1. WINNERS FACE OFF IN INAUGURAL COTT CANADIAN TITLE MATCH NEXT MONTH: Bad Boys of Wrestling (Ryan Powell & Shane Nelson) vs. Philippe LaGrenier & Ace Youngblood

2. COTT WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Deadly Deadshot © vs. Speed McKane

3. Blaze vs. Storm

4. Tzilla vs. JMB

5. Rock City Stars (Ryan Turner & Stan Manna) vs. Cali Generation (Charlie Corner & Chip Martin)

6. MYSTERY OPPONENT: Crusher Haverford vs. ???

(BONUS: Who is the mystery opponent?) Some chump

1. WINNERS FACE OFF IN INAUGURAL COTT CANADIAN TITLE MATCH NEXT MONTH: Bad Boys of Wrestling (Ryan Powell & Shane Nelson) vs. Philippe LaGrenier & Ace Youngblood

- Partly because I'm a huge LaGrenier mark, but also because they're not an established team, and have no reason to be. In other words, I'm playing right into your trap. :p

2. COTT WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Deadly Deadshot © vs. Speed McKane

- Alex seems to want to cause a fuss, so changing a COTT champion on his first show feels right. Plus, Clutch/Speed is cooler than Deadly Deadshot.

3. Blaze vs. Storm

- No idea who either woman is, so flipped a coin.

4. Tzilla vs. JMB

- JMB looks cooler.

- Easy one for me...

Either someone properly awesome, or Rex Reeves.

O1E10IA.png

7fbvs6n.jpg4EYu8Sr.jpg

TWO BIG INDEPENDENT SHOWS HAPPENING IN CANADA TONIGHT

SUNDAY WEEK 3, MARCH 2020

Tonight is a big night in Canadian indie wrestling. For the first time in over half a year, there are two major shows happening on the same day.

In Montreal, All Canada Pro Wrestling is having its annual Damaged event, headlined by a double main event of ACPW Junior Heavyweight Champion Mario da Silva defending his title against Gram Gorman, and Hugh de Aske and Kenny Callaway finally meeting after months of huge angles.

Meanwhile in Niagara Falls, Royal Canadian Wrestling are hosting its first ever event, RCW Commencement. This show is lacking on paper, but does have Deadly Deadshot defending the COTT World Junior Heavyweight title against Speed McKane, so at least there's that. I've written at length about RCW's formation and how it's such a puzzling move for Sam Keith and the COTT to let Alex DeColt back into wrestling.

Both shows are airing on WrestleWorld at the same time. I plan on watching ACPW live. Maybe after I'll check out RCW, but probably not.

3. Blaze vs. Storm

4. Tzilla vs. JMB

6. MYSTERY OPPONENT: Crusher Haverford vs. Dallas/Dean McWade

3. Blaze vs. Storm

4. Tzilla vs. JMB

6. MYSTERY OPPONENT: Crusher Haverford vs. Dallas/Dean McWade

3. Blaze vs. Storm

4. Tzilla vs. JMB

I think the Bads Boys offer more short term upside, but equally its a good first championship feud when its decided

3. Blaze vs. Storm

4. Tzilla vs. JMB

Never bet against a Bowen

Obviously the rookies have much better long term upside, but they need to earn their place

6. MYSTERY OPPONENT: Crusher Haverford vs. Joey Poison

(BONUS: Who is the mystery opponent?

3. Blaze vs. Storm

4. Tzilla vs. JMB

(BONUS: Who is the mystery opponent?) One of the McWades