What's your longest save?

In 2020 my current save is just nearing the end of 2026. There does seem to be an issue in the current game where some companies go bust very quickly but if you survive a few years there is infinite money to be made. I am finishing last of three in every national battle and it doesn't seem to have any effect. USPW and SWF both have over 500 million in the bank. As TCW I have 250 million and I have fully upgraded a broadcaster. The top companies don't seem to be competing for limited money/attention from fans and so there is no change, companies just get bigger month by month.

In 2016 I had a save in the CV97 mod which I stopped booking in 2013, so 16 years for that one. I think by that point whoever you are booking is always the dominant force in wrestling and the wrestling world is shaped how you want it.

On my June 2020 RWC save, I am now in February 2034, however it was a local to global and the first few years I was only running 1 show a month. It took me until 2030 to get a TV show. My company is now Medium, and has been for about 3 years.

WWE are still number 1, but only medium. Their top stars are Bronson Reed, Alexa Bliss, Otis, Charlotte Flair and Karrion Kross.

19 years, got to 2004 and WrestleMania XX in a WWF 1985 game in TEW 2016. Was hitting the wall with it by that time and I think TEW 2020 was about to come out so stopped. Is pretty cool having a game that length with all the history, can be fun looking back at cards and Title histories thinking "Why did I do that"?

In 2020, I have a 4 year effganic game which if I resume I will probably reduce the number of shows so time advances faster.

Overall, I have a 10 year game which also has lasted about 12 years IRL as I move it from 2010, to 2013, to 2016, to 2020.

Only actually played it in 2010 and 2016 mind. converting data is time consuming.

On TEW 2016 I had a couple of long games that I would go back and forth on playing.

Played as ROH a 2004 Mod and got to 2014 - did a current day WWE mod set in 2015, I believe, and got to November 2025 (Top stars were Aiden English, Bo Dallas, John Cena and Bray Wyatt, that one is a fun story) stopped doing both right as 2020 was being released.

Have though a few times about converting and continuing the games, but I'm still undecided... I barely have time to play the game period anymore, but always have fond memories.

The best i did in TEW 2016 was from 2001 to 2003, probably two years and an half. It was a WCW survived mod, with WCW i was still behind the WWF but i took The Rock and Eddie Guerrero from them. Then, of course, i had to ruin it by trying to make an Olympic kind of tournament, adding a second weekly TV show and hiring too many people.

Finally in TEW 2020 i was able to going with a save for more than two years recently. From 2020 to 2022, really close to the "and an half" to match the previous one. It's my last, of many, ZEN saves but this time i am sticking to do only monthly events. For the first two years i just did 12 show for year and entering the third i am doing two per month so 24 for year. The plan to keep going is to absolutely not add a weekly show to my schedule.

TEW 2013. 2004 mod. TNA save that ran for 4 years. Was unemployed at the time though, so had nowhere near the time while employed to put in any significant time on this and every other game I want to play. Closest I've come is a 2 year save on 2016 with a 98 mod, but lost interest around 2000 as WCW dropped to cult and I was Global. However, currently at 9 months on a 97 mod so who knows what will happen.

I start every save thinking this is the big one, the one that will go ten or more years, but the longest I've ever actually played is about six years, back in TEW 2016. Most games I struggle to get past two years. The problem is that the game isn't really built for long-term play. The longer a save goes, the more the game world becomes unviable. After a couple of years, there is so much money in the game that it's no longer a consideration. With WrestleWorld, it's also common that there can be as many as seven or eight companies in the US of medium size and above with not enough workers to go around. Plus, the lack of future workers in the game means you're relying on new-gens and re-gens and if you're unlucky, there aren't many decent new workers after a while.

I start every save thinking this is the big one, the one that will go ten or more years, but the longest I've ever actually played is about six years, back in TEW 2016. Most games I struggle to get past two years. The problem is that the game isn't really built for long-term play. The longer a save goes, the more the game world becomes unviable. After a couple of years, there is so much money in the game that it's no longer a consideration. With WrestleWorld, it's also common that there can be as many as seven or eight companies in the US of medium size and above with not enough workers to go around. Plus, the lack of future workers in the game means you're relying on new-gens and re-gens and if you're unlucky, there aren't many decent new workers after a while.

This reads like the slow degradation of wrestling in America post-2001!

• 2 weeks later...

My current WWE save I started in TEW 2016 and copied to 2020 has been going from April 2014 to March 2020. I'm 4 weeks away from completing my 6th WrestleMania. I started in May 2017 in real life and have kept at it for 5 years.

Every other save I have tried has been super short. I think I got one to 6 months in TEW 2005, but that's really it. I'm the type to initially plan out 2-3 years in advance, but never get anywhere. With my current save, I plan out roughly WrestleMania to WrestleMania. I'm currently right before Mania 36. I have a rough plan for 37, but not much afterwards.

I think the longest one I did went a little over two years. In the past, I've gotten hyper-focused, where I spent every free moment trying to focus on my saves, and I tend to get burned out on them.

However, my current save (where I've been okay with taking time away and having a healthier work/life/TEW balance) started in May 2001 (I modified some stuff in a WCW May 2001, which I believed is entitled "Good Night and Good Bye..."), and I'm currently in late May 2003, and I'm feeling good about seeing how far I can take it.

St.T