NJPW: King of Puroresu

ZUI5Nqb.jpg

NJPW Kizuna Road Tour Night Three- July 9th, 2022

Attendance: 1,500 at Korakuen Hall (Tokyo, Japan)

Commentary Team: Shinpei Nogami & Milano Collection A.T.

-Yuji Nagata & Yuto Nakashima defeated Ryusuke Taguchi and Kosei Fujita in a dull match. Nagata and Taguchi mixed it up surprisingly well with the young lions, but Nagata finished Taguchi's young lion partner off by making him tap to the Nagata Lock II (Crossface) in about 14 minutes. (49/D+)

-Suzuki-gun's Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, & Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, and Ryohei Oiwa in a good match. Great Bash Heel and the young lion Oiwa put up a surprisingly tough fight against Suzuki-gun, but in the end, Sabre was able to make Oiwa tap out to the Orienteering with Napalm Death in just over 14 minutes. (73/B-)

-Los Ingobernables de Japon's Hiromu Takahashi & Shingo Takagi defeated Bullet Club's Chase Owens & Bad Luck Fale in a good match. In a nice tune-up match for the G1 Climax, Takahashi finished off Owens in just about 15 minutes after hitting him with the Time Bomb. (78/B)

-United Empire's Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb, & Great-O-Khan defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, and Satoshi Kojima in a good match. The three NJPW veterans put in a great performance, but it just wasn't enough to overcome The United Empire. Will Ospreay picked up the win after nearly 20 minutes of action after hitting Tenzan with the StormBreaker. (78/B)

MAIN EVENT:

Fk4yzlj.jpg0kkcuFD.jpgfDoaxoX.jpg VS BVWJjFP.jpgghphSR3.jpg1PNlL7l.jpg

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, YOH, & Tomohiro Ishii) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, BUSHI, & SANADA)

-CHAOS's Kazuchika Okada, YOH, & Tomohiro Ishii defeated Los Ingobernables de Japon's Tetsuya Naito, BUSHI, & a returning SANADA in a good match to close the show. These six men gave their all for the Korakuen crowd, but in the end, Okada finished off BUSHI with the Rainmaker in just under 20 minutes.

GRADE:

yeDdwng.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

Txjc4cq.jpg

ZUI5Nqb.jpg

NJPW Kizuna Road Tour Night Four- July 11th, 2022

Attendance: 1,500 at Korakuen Hall (Tokyo, Japan)

-United Empire's Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan, and Francesco Akira defeated young lions Ryohei Oiwa, Kosei Fujita, & Yuto Nakashima in a decent match. The three United Empire members completely dominated the young lions, with Akira finishing off Nakashima in just under 13 minutes after hitting him with his new finisher, the Fireball (Diving Double Knees). (60/C)

-Flying Tiger & Yuji Nagata defeated Bandido, Ryu Lee, and a returning (for one night only) Ace Austin in a good match. Austin turned enough heads in his NJPW debut last month that he earned another shot and he made the most of it, taking the two veterans and the former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Eagles to his limit. However, in the end, it was Austin's team that took the loss. Tiger Mask IV caught Bandido with the Tiger Driver in just under 14 minutes to get the win. After the match, Flying Tiger demanded an IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship match! Lee & Bandido shrugged it off, but we may see them face off sooner rather than later. (71/C+)

-Suzuki-gun's Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Great Bash Heel in a good match. Makabe and Honma took Sabre and Taichi to the limit, but a sneaky low blow from Taichi turned the tides in Suzuki-gun's favor. After about 13 minutes of action, Taichi finished Honma off with the Taichi-style Last Ride. (72/B-)

-Suzuki-gun's El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, & DOUKI defeated Bullet Club's Taiji Ishimori, El Phantasmo, & Chase Owens in a good match. The two teams went head-to-head for a little under 14 minutes, but in the end, El Desperado hit Chase Owens with the Pinche Loco to pick up the win for Suzuki-gun. (68/C+)

-Los Ingobernables de Japon's Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi, & Shingo Takagi defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi, Satoshi Kojima, & Hiroyoshi Tenzan in a good match. After over 20 minutes of hard-hitting action, Hiromu Takahashi finished off Hiroyoshi Tenzan with a massive Time Bomb! (83/B+)

MAIN EVENT:

nsZoRrX.jpg

NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championship Match

nLoc64q.jpgXokaYUs.jpgKGwx3J4.jpg VS 0kkcuFD.jpgfDoaxoX.jpglgbgQih.jpg

House of Torture (EVIL, SHO, & Yujiro Takahashi) © vs CHAOS (YOH, Tomohiro Ishii, & Toru Yano)

-In a NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championship match, CHAOS's YOH, Tomohiro Ishii, & Toru Yano defeated Bullet Club/House of Torture's EVIL, SHO, & Yujiro Takahashi to become the new champions! After nearly 20 minutes of back-and-forth action, YOH reversed a Tokyo Pimps from Takahashi and locked in the Stargazer! While Ishii and Yano took care of EVIL and SHO, Takahashi tapped, making CHAOS the new NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Champions!

GRADE:

vWuXoE4.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

UvWS2uP.jpg

(G1 Climax Press Conference tomorrow, actual G1 begins on Monday!)

I should be getting my laptop fixed finally in a week after a few months. I can’t wait to dive back into TEW. Given my recent obsession with old Noah and njpw, I want to book one of those two promotions. What philosophies are you following when booking NJPW, as far as feuds, roster additions, matches, alliances ?

pZq9qZU.jpg

G1 CLIMAX 32 PRESS CONFERENCE

jd8XMAv.jpg

Milano Collection A.T.:

"Hello everyone in attendance and watching from home and welcome to the official press conference for the 32nd G1 Climax! Today, we will hear from all 20 participants in this year's G1 Climax, so without further ado, let's hear from our first competitor, the leader of Bullet Club, Jay White!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

zzNHaQq.jpg

Jay White (in English):

"Y'know something, I wasn't even in last year's G1 Climax. You want to know why? Because I was over in the "US-of-Jay" repping Bullet Club and kicking everyone's ass! So this year, I'm back and while I may not have that IWGP World Heavyweight Championship around my waist like I should, I'm still going to walk into the G1 Climax with a chip on my shoulder. So, Okada! While you may have that gold around your waist right now, don't get too attached to it. Because after I win this G1 Climax, I'm winning that gold at the Tokyo Dome!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

27SoW3a.jpg

Will Ospreay (in English):

"These last two months have been great for United Empire. I took what was rightfully mine at Dominion and kicked that washed-up, has-been Tanahashi right to the curb. And then I took out Jon Moxley at Forbidden Door in the best match of the night! Now, I will win the G1 Climax and cement United Empire as THE dominant force in all of professional wrestling."

rYZUX4Y.jpg

BVWJjFP.jpg

Tetsuya Naito:

"I'll be the first to admit, the past year hasn't been the best for Tetsuya Naito. Hell, I haven't even been able to wrestle that much because of my eyes! But I'm not here for excuses, I'm here to take action. Starting right now, this summer is the summer of Los Ingobernables! Now, best of luck to my good friends Hiromu & Shingo, but let it be known, at the Nippon Budokan on August 18th, it will be Tetsuya Naito standing on top of the world!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

jQc9fjT.jpg

Taichi:

"This year's field... is so... ugly. No offence to my Suzuki-gun brethren of course, but everyone here just doesn't belong in the same light as Taichi. That's why I'll win this year's G1 Climax, to bring some much-needed grace to this rotten company."

rYZUX4Y.jpg

lgbgQih.jpg

Toru Yano:

"What a week! First I won the NEVER Six-Man Tag Champs with my good friends Tomohiro Ishii & YOH. You know what that does for DVD sales? That sent them to the moon! As for the G1 Climax, all I have to say is never count out Y! T! R! Thank you and buy my DVD!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

BXVoqCH.jpg

Shingo Takagi:

"It's been a rollercoaster year for me to be entirely honest. From main eventing the Tokyo Dome with Okada to kicking Taichi's ass for my KOPW Trophy, it's definitely been an interesting year to say the least. Well, I say that this G1 Climax will be my ticket back to the big leagues. Enough putzing about with Taichi and Toru Yano, OKADA! I'M WINNING BACK WHAT YOU TOOK FROM ME!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

Hap4v4O.jpg

Satoshi Kojima:

"Let's address the elephant in the room, I wasn't even supposed to be in this tournament. Let's go one step further, I haven't been in a G1 Climax since 2017 and there's good reason for that. Honestly, since then, I haven't been performing up to my own standards. But something happened a few months ago that lit a fire in my stomach. When my good friend Tenzan announced his retirement, that inspired me. So, this year, I'm doing this for Tenzan. I'm winning my 2nd G1 Climax and winning the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship at the Tokyo Dome for Tenzan!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

0klDz4M.jpg

Jeff Cobb (in English):

"Last year, I came so agonizingly close to winning the G1 Climax it wasn't even funny. I ran through EVERYBODY! But there was one annoying obstacle in the way by the name of Kazuchika Okada. So this year, I'm carving a new path of destruction and it's not going to stop until I beat Okada at Wrestle Kingdom and win the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

eUJvWBW.jpg

'Filthy' Tom Lawlor (in English):

"Konichiwa Japan! If you don't know who I am, well let me just give you the abridged version of my career. I was a top fighter in the UFC before taking my talents to the world of professional wrestling. I am the first and current NJPW STRONG Openweight Champion, holding it for over 400 days and counting. And now, I'm here in Japan because no one in America can handle Team Filthy. So, put anyone in front of me, whether it be Ospreay, Naito, hell even Okada, they will tap out or pass out at the hands of 'Filthy' Tom Lawlor!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

0fd5oHr.jpg

Claudio CSRO (in English):

"Some of you may know who I am, some of you probably don't. Well, the one thing you need to know now is that I am a machine in the ring. I'm letting everyone in this tournament know that they cannot go toe-to-toe with me, no ifs ands or buts. I will also let everyone know here that if you need a problem solved, I'm the guy the to do so. So, if anybody in New Japan needs anything, I'm the guy to call.

*Claudio then proceeded to hand out some sort of business card to each stable leader*

As for now though, I'm entering the G1 Climax to show why I was paid very handsomely to come to NJPW."

rYZUX4Y.jpg

RNniKd0.jpg

Bryan Danielson (in English):

"Wow, I'd like to start by saying it's always been a dream of mine to compete in the G1 Climax. I know I was already announced for it before I won this NEVER Openweight Championship, but winning that title just made this tournament even sweeter for me. I've always wanted to mix it up with people like Okada, Tanahashi, and Sabre, so this will be a fun occasion for me. Just to let everyone else here know, just because I'm excited to be here doesn't mean I'll take it easy on any of you. So you better be prepared to get your heads kicked in."

rYZUX4Y.jpg

ioaHugI.jpg

Kaito Kiyomiya:

"I've always wanted to compete in the G1 Climax and I'm proud to do so this year as the representative of Pro Wrestling NOAH. There's also something I want to do in this tournament. At Wrestle Kingdom this year, Okada & Tanahashi defeated myself & the legendary Keiji Mutoh. Well, I'm here to avenge that loss and avenge NOAH once and for all! I'm going to walk into Wrestle Kingdom next year as the GHC Heavyweight Champion and I'm going to walk out of it with it and the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

nLoc64q.jpg

EVIL:

"This year... the G1 Climax... will be won... by... THE HOUSE OF TORTURE. WHY? BECAUSE EVERYTHING. IS. EVIL."

rYZUX4Y.jpg

7SiAb6c.jpg

Great-O-Khan:

"FEAR"

O-Khan then stormed off, unsettling some of the journalists

rYZUX4Y.jpg

RVhuYXe.jpg

Minoru Suzuki:

"I'm a man of few words, so all I have to say is that between myself, Taichi, & Zack Sabre Jr., Suzuki-gun is virtually assured the G1 Climax win! But let's be honest, Okada, you better prepare to enter the Tokyo Dome with Minoru Suzuki!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

WeCdbaC.jpg

Hiromu Takahashi:

"Weird to be here! I'm sure a lot of you are wondering "what the hell is Hiromu doing in the G1 Climax?" Well, the answer to that question is simple. After barely losing out on my third Best of Super Juniors, I decided "eh, why not?" so I entered the G1 Climax! I'm not moving up to the heavyweight scene yet, so SHO you better watch out for a ticking time bomb coming to you soon! For now, I'm here to show everyone that Hiromu Takahashi can do anything!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

kJaAuEV.jpg

Zack Sabre Jr. (in English):

"Listen, I couldn't give a sh*t what these boys have to say about how they'll do in the G1 Climax this year. The only thing any of you should know is that I am the reigning New Japan Cup winner, which should make me the odds-on-favorite to win the G1 Climax. But that clearly doesn't matter to you journalists or the top brass in NJPW, well you know what screw them. I'm making everyone in this tournament tap out no matter what."

rYZUX4Y.jpg

PTG4Z5G.jpg

KUSHIDA:

"The wrestling world has been buzzing since the arrival of DEATH RIDERS last month, but you may be wondering, why weren't we at Kizuna Road? Well the answer is simple, we're biding our time. Rome wasn't built in a day and our takeover of New Japan Pro-Wrestling won't either. However, our plan will soon be set in motion as soon I win the G1 Climax next month. Then I'll walk out of the Tokyo Dome as the IWGP World Heavyweight Champion and with Shota & Karl Fredericks by my side, New Japan Pro-Wrestling will NEVER BE THE SAME!"

rYZUX4Y.jpg

36ge4uM.jpg

Hiroshi Tanahashi:

"I've always been open and honest with the New Japan fans and today will be no different. I don't want to win the G1 Climax, I NEED to win the G1 Climax. After these last few months, I need something to prove to all of you that I'm still the ace. So that's what this year's G1 Climax is for me, a proving ground. To all my fans who are supporting me in this journey, thank you. I will not let you down."

rYZUX4Y.jpg

Fk4yzlj.jpg

Kazuchika Okada:

"Another year, another G1 Climax for Kazuchika Okada. Last year, Kota Ibushi took me to my limit, but I was able to persevere and win my third G1 Climax. Well this year, I'm going for my fourth and I can guarantee you that I'll be walking out of the Nippon Budokan as the winner of the 32nd G1 Climax! As for who I'll face at the Tokyo Dome if I win, I have no idea, but I know nobody I choose can compete at my level!

rYZUX4Y.jpg

jd8XMAv.jpg

Milano Collection A.T.:

"Thank you everyone for coming out to this year's G1 Climax press conference! Remember, the G1 Climax kicks off in a few days on July 16th in Sapporo, so don't miss it!

(First two G1 Climax shows go up tomorrow!)

I should be getting my laptop fixed finally in a week after a few months. I can’t wait to dive back into TEW. Given my recent obsession with old Noah and njpw, I want to book one of those two promotions. What philosophies are you following when booking NJPW, as far as feuds, roster additions, matches, alliances ?

For feuds, I'm mostly following IRL feuds so far (I've only been booking for a few months), mostly advancing them on six-man tag matches on tour shows before culminating in the big one-on-one blowoff at the PPV (like IRL NJPW). Matches are also pretty similar to how IRL NJPW does it.

As for roster additions, I've been trying to hire people that I think real-life NJPW would also hire. Like Bryan Danielson and FTR have been two realistic additions because they fit the mold. I haven't hired Danhausen for that reason (... yet). The alliance feature for that is also cool, it's how I was able to book Forbidden Door and why Kaito Kiyomiya was in the G1 this year.

Hope this helped!

For feuds, I'm mostly following IRL feuds so far (I've only been booking for a few months), mostly advancing them on six-man tag matches on tour shows before culminating in the big one-on-one blowoff at the PPV (like IRL NJPW). Matches are also pretty similar to how IRL NJPW does it.

As for roster additions, I've been trying to hire people that I think real-life NJPW would also hire. Like Bryan Danielson and FTR have been two realistic additions because they fit the mold. I haven't hired Danhausen for that reason (... yet). The alliance feature for that is also cool, it's how I was able to book Forbidden Door and why Kaito Kiyomiya was in the G1 this year.

Hope this helped!

Yes it helped thank you!

When I book the G1, I want to try to make like a scenario where reps from all their partners are involved like AEW, ROH, NOAH and Revpro. Plus forge relationships with DG and AJPW so I can use them as well.

I’m looking forward to how you book the G1, honestly think it might be better than how they will IRL. My pick to win is Cesaro ! He’ll add fresh blood to the main event scene. Your diary is definitely make me wanna do NJPW and I’ve never done a Japanese save before with the real world or cverse mods.

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night One- July 16th, 2022

Attendance: 7,000 at Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center (Sapporo, Japan)

-United Empire's Francesco Akira defeated young lion Kosei Fujita in a decent match. Akira completely dominated the young lion, defeating him in just over eight minutes after hitting him with the Fireball. After the match, Akira said he was coming for SHO's IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship! (59/C)

-Los Ingobernables de Japon's Tetsuya Naito & Shingo Takagi defeated young lions Ryohei Oiwa & Yuto Nakashima in a decent match. The two LIJ members completely dominated the young lions, with Shingo finishing off Nakashima in just about eight minutes after hitting him with the Last Of The Dragon. (70/C+)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: EVIL defeated Great-O-Khan in a decent match. In a match that featured a lot of underhanded tactics from both men, EVIL's experience proved to be his key to victory tonight. EVIL finished off O-Khan in just under 14 minutes after hitting him with EVIL. (66/C+)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: KUSHIDA defeated Zack Sabre Jr. in a great match. In his first match back in NJPW in over three years, KUSHIDA looked like he hadn't missed a beat. While KUSHIDA and Sabre went head to head in the ring, their respective stables (DEATH RIDERS and Suzuki-gun) fought for most of the match at ringside, which eventually culminated with referee Red Shoes throwing everyone out! The match came to an end after about 16 minutes when KUSHIDA made Sabre tap out to the DEATH LOCK (Kimura Lock). (82/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Bryan Danielson defeated Kaito Kiyomiya in a good match. In one of the most technically-sound matches in recent memory, the ace of NOAH went blow-for-blow with the NEVER Openweight Champion. After nearly 20 minutes of hard-fought action, Danielson made Kiyomiya tap to the Cattle Mutilation (Bridging Double Chickenwing), but that was only after Kiyomiya escaped Danielson's LeBell Lock. The two men shook hands after the match. (77/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Kazuchika Okada defeated Minoru Suzuki in a great match. Suzuki pushed the IWGP World Heavyweight Champion to his limit on multiple occasions, even locking Okada in a deep sleeper hold at one point. However, Okada was able to escape and finish off Suzuki in just over 18 minutes with a devastating Rainmaker. (83/B+)

MAIN EVENT:

WeCdbaC.jpg VS 36ge4uM.jpg

G1 Climax Block A Match: Hiromu Takahashi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Hiromu Takahashi defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi in a great match to end the night. Tanahashi has been on a bit of a losing streak recently and that continued tonight, despite a great performance from Tanahashi. In the end, Tanahashi was just not able to keep up with the extremely fast-paced Takahashi, who finished off Tanahashi in just about 21 minutes after hitting him with the Time Bomb.

GRADE:

lT625Gn.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

fFTbm57.jpg

G1 Climax 32 Post-Night One Standings:

rYpfoRl.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Two- July 17th, 2022

Attendance: 6,660 at Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center (Sapporo, Japan)

-Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Yuji Nagata, & Togi Makabe defeated young lions Ryohei Oiwa, Yuto Nakashima, & Kosei Fujita in a drab match. Makabe finished off Nakashima in just under 10 minutes after hitting him with the King Kong Knee Drop. (53/C-)

-CHAOS (YOH, Tomohiro Ishii, & Hirooki Goto) defeated Bullet Club's Taiji Ishimori, Chase Owens, & Bad Luck Fale in a good match. These two teams went blow-for-blow for nearly 13 minutes, but in the end, Goto finished off Owens with the GTR (Spinning Headlock Lariat into Backbreaker). (77/B)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Tom Lawlor defeated Toru Yano in a decent match. After nearly 10 minutes of mostly comedic action, Lawlor managed to duck a turnbuckle pad attack from Yano and locked him in a rear naked choke! Yano eventually passed out, giving the win to Lawlor. (69/C+)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Claudio CSRO defeated Taichi in a good match. CSRO looked great in his debut, beating the living hell out of Taichi with a series of uppercuts and stiff suplexes. He eventually finished off Taichi in just about 14 minutes after hitting him with Swiss Death (Pop-up European Uppercut). CSRO then left his business card on Taichi's fallen body before he left. (76/B-)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Shingo Takagi defeated Satoshi Kojima in a good match. The New Japan veteran gave it his all, but that still wasn't enough to keep up with the younger Shingo. Shingo finished off Kojima in just under 16 minutes after hitting him with the Last of the Dragon. (83/B+)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Jeff Cobb defeated Tetsuya Naito in a good match. Cobb continued to prove his G1 Climax strengh in this one, not even a year removed from his momentous performance in 2021 (where he only failed to advance to the finals thanks to the tiebreaker). He finished off Naito, who was still a bit rusty from his eye injury, in just under 18 minutes after hitting him with the Tour of the Islands. (82/B)

MAIN EVENT:

zzNHaQq.jpg VS 27SoW3a.jpg

G1 Climax Block B Match: Jay White vs Will Ospreay

Jay White defeated Will Ospreay in a great match to close the show. These two respective stable leaders tore the house down, with each man kicking the living hell out of the other. Eventually Ospreay tried hitting White with the StormBreaker, but White wiggled out of it and shoved Ospreay head-first into an exposed turnbuckle! White then hit Ospreay with the Blade Runner and got the three after over 20 minutes of action.

GRADE:

gCfZLZd.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

lbKNiRw.jpg

G1 Climax 32 Post-Night Two Standings:

wULUUS0.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Three- July 20th, 2022

Attendance: 3,000 at Xebio Arena Sendai (Sendai, Japan)

-United Empire's Will Ospreay & Francesco Akira defeated young lions Yuto Nakashima & Kosei Fujita in a decent match. Ospreay and Akira completely dominated the young lions, with Akira finishing off Fujita in just under eight minutes after hitting him with the Fireball. (70/C+)

-Flying Tiger defeated Ryusuke Taguchi & young lion Ryohei Oiwa in a decent match. In another strong showing from Robbie Eagles & Tiger Mask IV, they finished off Oiwa & Taguchi in just about nine minutes after Tiger Mask hit Oiwa with the Tiger Driver. (63/C)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Kaito Kiyomiya defeated Great-O-Khan in a good match. The NOAH ace got his first win of the tournament here by defeating the United Empire member in a good performance from the outsider. Kiyomiya eventually finished off O-Khan in just under 14 minutes after hitting him with the King's Road (High-Angle Bridging Tiger Suplex). (75/B-)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated EVIL in a good match. Tanahashi finally got on the board here by defeating the House of Torture leader in a pretty good performance from 'The Ace.' The match came to an end after almost 14 minutes of action when Tanahashi wiggled out of an EVIL from EVIL, hit him with the slingblade, and then hit him with the High Fly Flow for the win. (81/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Hiromu Takahashi defeated Minoru Suzuki in a great match. Takahashi's fast-paced antics annoyed Suzuki, who eventually put a stop to all that with one stiff forearm smash. As such, Hiromu was forced to wrestle a much more technical style. That paid off for him, as he used his new-found style to finish off Suzuki with the Time Bomb in just over 16 minutes. (85/B+)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: KUSHIDA defeated Bryan Danielson in a great match. These two technical wizards put on a hell of a performance for the Sendai crowd, but in the end, the numbers game was just too much for Danielson. After almost 20 minutes of action, Danielson's night came to an end when he was tripped up by Shota Umino while attempting a running knee strike. KUSHIDA took advantage of this, locked Danielson in the DEATH LOCK, and forced him to tap. (85/B+)

MAIN EVENT:

Fk4yzlj.jpg VS kJaAuEV.jpg

G1 Climax Block A Match: Kazuchika Okada vs Zack Sabre Jr.

Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Kazuchika Okada in a great match to end the night. Okada overlooked Sabre for most of the match, thinking this was just going to be a repeat of their Hyper Battle match, but Sabre came at Okada with a different strategy. In the end, after nearly 23 minutes of Sabre working the living hell out of Okada's right arm, Okada attempted the Rainmaker, but his arm simply gave out! Sabre took advantage of this by knocking Okada's lights out with a penalty kick! Sabre then locked in Article 50 (Cross Armbreaker) and Okada had no choice but to tap out! Sabre had just beaten the IWGP World Heavyweight Champion!

GRADE:

E3wzGPg.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

fFTbm57.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Three Standings:

kQBOyFq.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Four- July 23rd, 2022

Attendance: 5,000 at Ota City General Gymnasium (Tokyo, Japan)

-House of Torture's EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi defeated young lions Ryohei Oiwa & Kosei Fujita in a drab match. EVIL and Yujiro completely dominated the two young lions, with EVIL finishing off Oiwa after hitting him with EVIL in just under eight minutes. (59/C)

-Ryusuke Taguchi defeated young lion Yuto Nakashima in a dull match. Taguchi completely dominated the young lion, eventually finishing off Nakashima in just under eight minutes after hitting him with Dodon (Chickenwing Facebuster). (48/D+)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Claudio CSRO defeated Satoshi Kojima in a good match. Kojima tried keeping up with the newcomer, but CSRO's strength and power were just too much for the veteran. CSRO finished off Kojima in just under 14 minutes after hitting him with Swiss Death. CSRO then put his business card on Kojima's fallen corpse before leaving the ring. (75/B-)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Jeff Cobb defeated Taichi in a good match. Taichi tried his best to get an advantage over the monstrous Cobb, attacking him before the bell and using numerous underhanded tactics throughout the match, but he couldn't do anything to stop Cobb's raw power. Cobb finished off Taichi in just over 14 minutes after hitting him with the Tour of the Islands. (80/B)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Tetsuya Naito defeated Toru Yano in a good match. Yano mostly cheated his way throughout the match, but Naito was able to outsmart him at nearly every corner. Naito eventually finished off Yano in just under 15 minutes after hitting him with Destino (Somersault Reverse DDT). (78/B)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Jay White defeated Tom Lawlor in a good match. White started the match off by offering Lawlor a spot in Bullet Club in exchange for throwing the match. Lawlor responded by grabbing White's fingers and damn near snapping them! Lawlor continued to wrestle circles around White for nearly 16 minutes, but a little bit of sneaky cheating from White saved the day for him and he hit Lawlor with the Blade Runner to get the win. (82/B)

MAIN EVENT:

27SoW3a.jpg VS BXVoqCH.jpg

G1 Climax Block B Match: Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi

Will Ospreay defeated Shingo Takagi in an amazing match to close the show. These two former IWGP World Heavyweight Champions took each other to the limit for nearly 23 minutes, putting on a performance that might earn them match of the year by the end of the year. The match came to an end when Ospreay reversed the Last of the Dragon from Shingo and hit him with a devastating StormBreaker to get the three. With that win, Ospreay now has his first two points in the G1 Climax.

GRADE:

VtR0W26.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

WtBDdMn.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Four Standings:

MSawZGw.png

Will Ospreay defeated Shingo Takagi in an amazing match to close the show. These two former IWGP World Heavyweight Champions took each other to the limit for nearly 23 minutes, putting on a performance that might earn them match of the year by the end of the year.

They broke Uncle Dave's star rating again! :eek:

Q4uON53.jpg

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Five- July 24th, 2022

Attendance: 5,000 at Ota City General Gymnasium (Tokyo, Japan)

-Great Bash Heel defeated Hiroyoshi Tenzan and young lion Kosei Fujita in a dull match. Tenzan held his own against Honma & Makabe, but those two completely destroyed Fujita. Makabe finished off Fujita in just under eight minutes after hitting him with the King Kong Knee Drop. (57/C)

-FinJuice (David Finlay Jr. & Juice Robinson) defeated young lions Ryohei Oiwa & Yuto Nakashima in a decent match. Finlay & Robinson completely dominated the two young lions, with Juice finishing off Nakashima in just over eight minutes after hitting him with Pulp Friction (Inverted Double Underhook Facebuster). (61/C)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Great-O-Khan in a good match. Fresh off of defeating the IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, Sabre systematically tore apart Great-O-Khan, targeting O-Khan's legs for nearly 14 minutes. He eventually finished off the United Empire member after locking him in the Orienteering With Napalm Death. (73/B-)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Hiromu Takahashi defeated EVIL in a good match. This battle between former friends-turned-enemies was surprisingly good, with Hiromu taking out years of pent-up frustration against his former Los Ingobernables de Japon stable-mate. In the end, Hiromu hit him with a devastating Time Bomb after about 15 minutes. (81/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Bryan Danielson defeated Minoru Suzuki in a great match. In a rematch of their AEW match last year, Danielson and Suzuki wrestled one of the most physical matches in recent NJPW history. However, much like their last encounter in the United States, Danielson pulled off a win this time, making Suzuki pass out after locking him in the LeBell Lock after 16 minutes of hard-fought action. (84/B+)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: KUSHIDA defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi in a good match. KUSHIDA continued his torrid return to NJPW with a win over Tanahashi, who just can't seem to string wins together recently. KUSHIDA finished off Tanahashi in just under 18 minutes after making him tap to the DEATH LOCK. (82/B)

MAIN EVENT:

Fk4yzlj.jpg VS ioaHugI.jpg

G1 Climax Block A Match: Kazuchika Okada vs Kaito Kiyomiya

Kazuchika Okada defeated Kaito Kiyomiya in a great match to close the show. In the battle between the ace of NJPW and the ace of NOAH, Okada came out on top despite an amazing performance from Kiyomiya. The match came to an end after nearly 25 minutes of back-and-forth action when Okada was able to reverse Kiyomiya's King's Road and locked in the Money Clip! Okada then transitioned that into a devastating Rainmaker to get the win. The two aces shook hands to close the show.

GRADE:

KbIBjYA.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

gCfZLZd.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Five Standings:

Dive4Tf.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Six- July 26th, 2022

Attendance: 2,000 at Korakuen Hall (Tokyo, Japan)

-Suzuki-gun's El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, & DOUKI defeated young lions Ryohei Oiwa, Yuto Nakashima, & Kosei Fujita in a decent match. The three Suzuki-gun members completely dominated the young lions, with Despy finishing off Nakashima in just under 10 minutes after hitting him with the Pinche Loco. (67/C+)

-Bullet Club's El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori defeated Los Ingobernables de Japon's BUSHI & SANADA in a good match. SANADA continued to look good in one of his first matches from his fractured orbital bone, but it just wasn't enough to stop Bullet Club's Cutest Tag Team. Ishimori finished off BUSHI in just under 14 minutes after hitting him with the Bloody Cross. (75/B-)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Shingo Takagi defeated Toru Yano in a good match. Shingo pretty much had control for most of this one, but Yano kept him on his toes with his sneaky tactics. However, those weren't enough to defeat Shingo, who hit Yano with the Last of the Dragon in just under 15 minutes to get the win. However, Yano got the laugh as he stole Shingo's provisional KOPW Trophy! (77/B)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Jeff Cobb defeated Satoshi Kojima in a good match. Kojima's poor start to the G1 Climax continued here, though he was up against the wrestler with probably the most momentum in the tournament in Jeff Cobb. Cobb had his way with Kojima for nearly 15 minutes, eventually finishing him off with the Tour of the Islands. (73/B-)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Tetsuya Naito defeated Tom Lawlor in a great match. The STRONG Openweight Champion surprisingly held his own against the LIJ leader, with Naito coming close to defeat on numerous occasions. However, Naito was able to eek out a win after about 18 minutes off action when he wiggled out of a rear naked choke from Lawlor and hit him with Destino. (83/B+)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Jay White defeated Claudio CSRO in a great match. The Bullet Club leader started the match off by offering CSRO a spot in Bullet Club, to which CSRO responded by blasting him with an European uppercut. The two men went back-and-forth for nearly 20 minutes, but in the end, White got the win with the Blade Runner. (85/B+)

MAIN EVENT:

27SoW3a.jpg VS jQc9fjT.jpg

G1 Climax Block B Match: Will Ospreay vs Taichi

Will Ospreay defeated Taichi in a good match to close the show. Taichi did his best to cheat his way to victory, but his underhanded tactics were not enough to defeat the 'Commonwealth Kingpin.' Ospreay finished off the Suzuki-gun member in just under 18 minutes after hitting him with the StormBreaker.

GRADE:

gCfZLZd.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

gCfZLZd.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Six Standings:

FbCqKlF.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Seven- July 27th, 2022

Attendance: 2,000 at Korakuen Hall (Tokyo, Japan)

-Los Ingobernables de Japon's Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito defeated young lions Yuto Nakashima & Kosei Fujita in a decent match. Shingo & Naito completely dominated the two young lions, with Naito finishing Nakashima off after eight minutes with the Destino. (70/C+)

-Bandido, Ryu Lee, & (hired for one night only) Claudio CSRO defeated Flying Tiger & young lion Ryohei Oiwa in a decent match. CSRO, putting his mercenary skills to good use here, completely dismantled Oiwa, while Bandido, Lee, Robbie Eagles, and Tiger Mask all kept pace with one another. In the end, CSRO hit Oiwa with the Swiss Death after about 10 minutes. He thought about giving the young lion his business card, but decided against it, saying he wouldn't pay him enough. (70/C+)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: KUSHIDA defeated EVIL in a good match. EVIL used his brawling skills to great effect in this one, taking the smaller KUSHIDA down on multiple occasions with a few big suplexes. He did also have help from Dick Togo, although he was ejected halfway through the match. The match came to an end when EVIL tried hitting EVIL, but KUSHIDA reversed it into a surprise DEATH LOCK! EVIL had no choice but to tap out, giving the win to KUSHIDA. (74/B-)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Kazuchika Okada defeated Great-O-Khan in a great match. The young United Empire simply could not keep up with the 'Rainmaker' and Okada knew it. He toyed with Khan for nearly 15 minutes, but that almost blew up in his face when he got hit with a few massive Mongolian chops. However, Okada was able to reverse the Eliminator in the RAINMAKER!!! and got the win. (83/B+)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Minoru Suzuki in a good match. These two Suzuki-gun members put on a technical master class, with an interesting array of hard-hitting kicks and suplexes thrown in for good measure. In the end, Sabre reversed a Gotch-style Piledriver from Suzuki into a small package and got the three! Sabre celebrated his victory before Suzuki grabbed him and slapped him across the face! The two men stared each other before tensely sharing a handshake. Is there trouble in Suzuki-gun? (78/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Hiromu Takahashi defeated Bryan Danielson in an amazing match. These two men went blow-for-blow with each other for almost 20 minutes, neither being able to get the upper hand over the other. That was until Danielson attempted a top rope missile dropkick, but Hiromu hit him with a jumping knee! Hiromu then hit Danielson with the Time Bomb and got the three. (90/A)

MAIN EVENT:

ioaHugI.jpg VS 36ge4uM.jpg

G1 Climax Block A Match: Kaito Kioymiya vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Kaito Kiyomiya defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi in a good match to close the show. In a battle between Pro Wrestling NOAH's ace and the man who calls himself the 'ace,' Kaito Kiyomiya just barely pulled out a win over Tanahashi. After over 23 minutes of hard-fought action, the match came to an end when Kiyomiya caught Tanahashi's slingblade and hit him with the King's Road! Kiyomiya made the cover and got the three. The two men shook hands afterwards, though Tanahashi looked sort of bitter.

GRADE:

Jxu0nxj.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

UvWS2uP.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Seven Standings:

DCGNLyA.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Eight- July 30th, 2022

Attendance: 7,500 at Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium (Nagoya, Japan)

-Bandido & Ryu Lee defeated young lions Ryohei Oiwa & Kosei Fujita in a decent match. Bandido & Lee completely dominated the two young lions, with Bandido finishing off Oiwa in just under eight minutes after hitting him with the 21 Plex. (70/C+)

-United Empire's Aaron Henare & Francesco Akira defeated House of Torture's Yujiro Takahashi & SHO in a good match. Akira wanted to prove why he should be SHO's next challenger for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship and he certainly did so with a great performance here. He finished off Yujiro after about 13 minutes of action after hitting him with the Fireball. Later on in the night, it was announced that SHO will defend his IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship against Akira at Destruction in Nagoya on September 17th! (77/B)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Tom Lawlor defeated Taichi in a good match. Taichi did his best to cheat to win against the former UFC fighter, but 'Filthy' Tom just overpowered Taichi, eventually making him tap out to a rear naked choke in just under 14 minutes. (76/B-)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Jay White defeated Toru Yano in a good match. This one started off like a typical Yano match, cheating abound and all that, but White quickly took control. However, when White tried hitting the Blade Runner, Yano reversed it and shoved White headfirst into an exposed turnbuckle! As Yano went for a quick rollup, referee Marty Asami was distracted by Gedo. That allowed White to kick Yano below the belt and hit him with the Blade Runner for the three. (78/B)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Tetsuya Naito defeated Satoshi Kojima in a good match. The veteran Kojima put in a great effort, but it just wasn't enough to defeat the leader of Los Ingobernables de Japon. Naito put Kojima away after over 16 minutes of action after hitting him with the Destino. (74/B-)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Shingo Takagi defeated Claudio CSRO in a great match. In a G1 Climax full of extremely physical, strong style-esque matches, this one might have taken the cake. These two went back and forth for nearly 20 minutes with a series of stiff uppercuts from CSRO and stiff suplexes and slams from Shingo. In the end, Shingo managed to hit CSRO with the Last of the Dragon to get the three. (85/B+)

MAIN EVENT:

27SoW3a.jpg VS 0klDz4M.jpg

G1 Climax Block B Match: Will Ospreay vs Jeff Cobb

Will Ospreay defeated Jeff Cobb in an amazing match to close the show. These two United Empire members held nothing back against each other, with Cobb damn near throwing Ospreay around the ring like a ragdoll, and Ospreay damn near decapitating Cobb with a variety of stiff kicks. In the end, after he couldn't hit the StormBreaker on the much bigger Cobb, Ospreay had to dig up the OsCutter to get the win. The two UE members shook hands to close the show, promising a "United Era" for United Empire.

GRADE:

XO1G5td.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

WtBDdMn.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Eight Standings:

oA3rQNv.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Nine- July 31st, 2022

Attendance: 7,500 at Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium (Nagoya, Japan)

-Bullet Club's Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens defeated young lions Kosei Fujita & Yuto Nakashima in a dull match. Owens and Fale completely dominated the two young lions, with Owens finishing off Nakashima in just under eight minutes after hitting him with the Package Piledriver. (53/C-)

-Flying Tiger defeated Ryusuke Taguchi and young lion Ryohei Oiwa in a decent match. Taguchi was able to hold his own against Tiger Mask and Robbie Eagles, but Flying Tiger completely dominated Oiwa. Tiger Mask finished off Oiwa in just under 10 minutes after hitting him with the Tiger Driver. (62/C)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Zack Sabre Jr. defeated EVIL in a good match. Sabre's been on a hot streak to start the tournament, defeating Okada and Suzuki recently, and that continued with a solid win over the House of Torture leader EVIL tonight. He finished off EVIL in just under 15 minutes after making him tap out to Article 50 (Cross Armbreaker). (80/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Hiromu Takahashi defeated Great-O-Khan in a great match. Hiromu was able to avoid most of O-Khan's power moves for nearly 15 minutes with his quickness, but he eventually got caught with a huge running powerslam. However, as O-Khan went for the Eliminator, Hiromu reversed it into a small package and got the three! (89/A)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Minoru Suzuki defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi in a good match. Tanahashi's poor G1 Climax performance continued here, as he was just never able to get the upper hand on the leader of Suzuki-gun. Tanahashi's worst moment of the tournament arguably happened here, as he missed the High Fly Flow and was so shaken, he walked right into a rear naked choke from Suzuki! Tanahashi eventually passed out, giving Suzuki his first win of the tournament. (76/B-)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: KUSHIDA defeated Kaito Kiyomiya in a good match. The DEATH RIDERS leader continued his torrid start to the G1 Climax with a solid win over the NOAH ace, though it wasn't without some help from Shota Umino & Karl Fredericks. After nearly 20 minutes of hard-hitting action, Kiyomiya ran off the ropes to attempt a lariat, but was tripped up by Fredericks! That allowed KUSHIDA to lock Kiyomiya in the DEATH LOCK and get the submission win. (79/B)

MAIN EVENT:

Fk4yzlj.jpg VS RNniKd0.jpg

G1 Climax Block A Match: Kazuchika Okada vs Bryan Danielson

Kazuchika Okada defeated Bryan Danielson in an amazing match to end the night. These two champions put on a hell of a fight, with both men looking like they could win on multiple occasions. In the end, after nearly 25 minutes of action, Okada was able to wiggle out of the LeBell Lock and launched Danielson across the ring with a release German suplex. Okada then hit Danielson with the Rainmaker to get the three.

FINAL GRADE:

bufLp7s.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

UAIFqvr.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Nine Standings:

NLfHl1V.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Ten- August 2nd, 2022

Attendance: 5,000 at Hamamatsu Arena (Hamamatsu, Japan)

-CHAOS's Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto, & YOSHI-HASHI defeated young lions Ryohei Oiwa, Yuto Nakashima, & Kosei Fujita in a decent match. The three CHAOS members completely dominated the young lions, with Ishii finishing off Nakashima in just under eight minutes after hitting him with a massive Brainbuster. (70/C+)

-House of Torture's EVIL, SHO, & Yujiro Takahashi defeated Suzuki-gun's El Desperado, DOUKI, & Yoshinobu Kanemaru in a good match. These two villainous teams went head-to-head for nearly 14 minutes, but in the end, SHO finished off DOUKI after hitting him with the Shock Arrow. (75/B-)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Tetsuya Naito defeated Taichi in a good match. Taichi jumped Naito before the match even began to get an advantage, but Naito fired back and took control from the Suzuki-gun member shortly thereafter. He eventually finished off Taichi in just under 14 minutes after hitting him with the Destino. (80/B)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Jeff Cobb defeated Toru Yano in a good match. Yano pulled out all the tricks in the book to defeat the much stronger Cobb, but it just wasn't enough to stop the Guamanian powerhouse. In the end, Cobb finished off Yano with the Tour of the Islands after about 15 minutes. (75/B-)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Shingo Takagi defeated Tom Lawlor in a good match. Shingo and Lawlor wrestled a surprisingly physical match, with Shingo damn near matching Lawlor's stiff shots on multiple instances. In the end, Takagi wiggled out of an attempted rear naked choke from Lawlor and hit him with the Last of the Dragon for the win. (80/B)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Will Ospreay defeated Claudio CSRO in a great match. CSRO and Ospreay went blow-for-blow for nearly 20 minutes, with CSRO nearly getting the win on multiple occasions. In the end though, CSRO went for Swiss Death, but Ospreay reversed it into a hurricanrana. Ospreay then hit CSRO with the Hidden Blade before hitting him with the StormBreaker for the win! (85/B+)

MAIN EVENT:

zzNHaQq.jpg VS Hap4v4O.jpg

G1 Climax Block B Match: Jay White vs Satoshi Kojima

Satoshi Kojima defeated Jay White in a shocking upset to close the show. White overlooked Kojima for most of the match, yelling at him on multiple occasions to "JUST RETIRE ALREADY LIKE YOUR BOY TENZAN!" That lit a fire in Kojima, who fired back at White with a bevy of stiff shots. By the end, White regained control and went to hit Kojima with the Blade Runner. However, Kojima reversed that, threw White off the ropes and hit him with the LARIATOOOO!!!! Kojima fell on top of White and got the three! A huge upset win for the veteran Kojima!

GRADE:

lbKNiRw.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

lbKNiRw.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Ten Standings:

wl7QAA3.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Eleven- August 5th, 2022

Attendance: 2,000 at Ehime ITEM (Ehime, Japan)

-Tencozy defeated young lions Yuto Nakashima & Kosei Fujita in a dull match. Tenzan & Kojima completely dominated the young lions, with Kojima finishing off Fujita in just under eight minutes after hitting him with a LARIATOOOO!!! (55/C-)

-Bandido & Ryu Lee defeated Ryusuke Taguchi and young lion Ryohei Oiwa in a decent match. The IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions completely dominated Taguchi and especially Oiwa, with Lee finishing off Oiwa in just under 10 minutes after hitting him with the Desnucadora. (70/C+)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Minoru Suzuki defeated Great-O-Khan in a good match. The Suzuki-gun leader was able to build off of his win over Hiroshi Tanahashi with a nice win over the United Empire member here in Ehime. Suzuki finished off O-Khan in just over 14 minutes after hitting him with the Gotch-style Piledriver. (80/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Kaito Kiyomiya defeated EVIL in a good match. The ace of Pro Wrestling NOAH continued his recent run of wins with a nice win over the leader of the House of Torture. EVIL was just not able to keep up with Kiyomiya's strong style skills and ended up on the mat, counting the lights, after being hit with the King's Road after about 16 minutes. (80/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Bryan Danielson defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi in an amazing match. Tanahashi just could not keep up with the NEVER Openweight Champion, Danielson looked like he had the upper hand at nearly every turn. After nearly 18 minutes of action, Tanahashi tried locking Danielson in the Texas Cloverleaf, but Danielson reversed that into the Cattle Mutilation! Tanahashi had no choice but to tap out, giving the two points to Danielson. (90/A)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Hiromu Takahashi in a great match. Sabre's hot streak continued tonight, as he was able to ground the high-flying LIJ member for most of the match. That was until the closing stretch, where Hiromu got a second wind and almost got the win over Sabre. However, Sabre was able to wiggle out of the Time Bomb from Hiromu and hit him with the Zack Driver (Michinoku Driver) for the win. (85/B+)

MAIN EVENT:

Fk4yzlj.jpg VS PTG4Z5G.jpg

G1 Climax Block A Match: Kazuchika Okada vs KUSHIDA

KUSHIDA defeated Kazuchika Okada in an amazing match to end the night. KUSHIDA took the IWGP World Heavyweight Champion to his limit, but Okada seemed like he had the upper hand going into the final stretch of the match. That came to a halt though when Shota Umino and Karl Fredericks jumped up on the apron to distract Okada. Okada fought both of them off, but that allowed KUSHIDA to sneak up from behind and launch him across the ring with a German suplex! KUSHIDA then locked Okada in the DEATH LOCK and after nearly a minute locked in the hold, Okada passed out, giving the huge win to KUSHIDA.

GRADE:

WtBDdMn.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

kvBBQLD.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Eleven Standings:

nQs4fgb.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Twelve- August 6th, 2022

Attendance: 5,500 at Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium (Osaka, Japan)

-Suzuki-gun's Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr. defeated young lions Kosei Fujita & Ryohei Oiwa in a decent match. Suzuki & Sabre completely dominated the two young lions, but Sabre decided to upstage Minoru near the end of the match again. As Minoru tried locking in a rear naked choke on Fujita, Sabre tagged himself in and locked Fujita in the Orienteering with Napalm Death for the submission win. The two Suzuki-gun members once again shared a tense handshake after the match. (70/C+)

-Los Ingobernables de Japon's Hiromu Takahashi & SANADA defeated Bullet Club's Chase Owens & Bad Luck Fale in a decent match. Hiromu & SANADA showed some surprisingly good chemistry together and their solid win over the two Bullet Club members may put them in contention for an IWGP Tag Team Title shot. Anyway, Hiromu finished off Owens with the Time Bomb in just under 12 minutes. (68/C+)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Toru Yano defeated Satoshi Kojima in a decent match. This match was probably one of the weirdest matches of the tournament so far, with the aging Kojima barely able to keep up with the trickery of Yano. In the end, Yano ducked a LARIATOO!!! from Kojima, shoved him into referee Marty Asami, kicked him below the belt, and rolled him up to get the three and his first points of the G1 Climax. (61/C)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Shingo Takagi defeated Taichi in a great match. In a rematch of the last two provisional KOPW Trophy matches, the current provisional KOPW Trophy holder won once again against the devious Taichi. The match came to an end after over 15 minutes of action when Shingo hit Taichi with a devastating Last of the Dragon. (86/B+)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Tetsuya Naito defeated Claudio CSRO in a good match. Naito and CSRO put on a masterclass in strong style wrestling for nearly 18 minutes, with both men nearly getting the win on numerous instances. In the end, Naito was able to avoid Swiss Death from CSRO and hit him with the Destino to get the three. (78/B)

-G1 Climax Block B Match: Will Ospreay defeated Tom Lawlor in a good match. The United Empire leader continued his string of great performances with a solid win over the STRONG Openweight Champion. Lawlor did his best though, damn near choking out Ospreay on a few occasions. In the end, after about 18 minutes, Ospreay finished off Lawlor with the StormBreaker. (82/B)

MAIN EVENT:

zzNHaQq.jpg VS 0klDz4M.jpg

G1 Climax Block B Match: Jay White vs Jeff Cobb

Jeff Cobb defeated Jay White in a great match to close the show. White was still shaken after his loss to Kojima at the last G1 show and he was clearly off his game tonight against the United Empire powerhouse. After nearly 20 minutes of action, Cobb was able to reverse a Blade Runner from White and hit him with a massive Tour of the Islands for the three.

GRADE:

OThaU6G.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

fFTbm57.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Twelve Standings:

bkYeKT3.png

jc0L6q5.jpg

NJPW G1 Climax Night Thirteen- August 7th, 2022

Attendance: 5,500 at Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium (Osaka, Japan)

-Bandido & Ryu Lee defeated young lions Ryohei Oiwa & Yuto Nakashima in a decent match. The IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions completely dominated the young lions, with Bandido finishing off Nakashima in just over eight minutes after hitting him with the 21 Plex. (70/C+)

-Los Ingobernables de Japon's Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, & SANADA defeated Bullet Club's El Phantasmo, Chase Owens, & Bad Luck Fale in a good match. Naito, Shingo, & SANADA wiped the floor with the Bullet Club B-team, with Naito finishing off Owens in just under 11 minutes after hitting him with the Destino. (80/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Great-O-Khan defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi in a good match. This surprising upset added another notch in the loss column for Tanahashi, as he just hasn't been able to get anything going in this G1 Climax. After about 14 minutes of surprising one-sided dominance from O-Khan, he finished Tanahashi off with a devastating Eliminator. (81/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Bryan Danielson defeated EVIL in a good match. This battle between the current NEVER Openweight Champion and a recent NEVER Openweight Champion was surprisingly competitive, with EVIL taking the 'American Dragon' to his limit. In the end though, Danielson was able to reverse an EVIL from EVIL into the LeBell Lock and made EVIL tap out after about 15 minutes of action. (82/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: KUSHIDA defeated Minoru Suzuki in a good match. KUSHIDA continued his undefeated NJPW return with a solid win over the leader of Suzuki-gun. The two went back-and-forth for nearly 16 minutes, but after that, KUSHIDA managed to lock Suzuki in the DEATH LOCK and force a submission win. (79/B)

-G1 Climax Block A Match: Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Kaito Kiyomiya in an amazing match. Sabre and Kaito put on a technical masterclass for nearly 20 minutes, with both men showing off an impressive variety of holds and submissions. In the end, Kiyomiya tried hitting Sabre with the King's Road, but Sabre managed to impressively reverse it into Article 50! Kiyomiya tried reaching for the ropes, but Sabre just kept stomping at Kiyomiya's now-injured arm. Kiyomiya eventually had no choice but to tap out. (90/A)

MAIN EVENT:

Fk4yzlj.jpg VS WeCdbaC.jpg

G1 Climax Block A Match: Kazuchika Okada vs Hiromu Takahashi

Hiromu Takahashi defeated Kazuchika Okada in an amazing match to close the show. Hiromu continued his amazing G1 Climax debut by defeating the IWGP World Heavyweight Champion in what many are calling a match of the year candidate. After nearly 23 minutes of back-and-forth action, the match came to an end when Hiromu ducked the Rainmaker, held on to Okada, and hit him with the Time Bomb! To put the cherry on top, Hiromu went to the top rope, and hit Okada with a beautiful Phoenix Splash! Hirmou made the cover and got the win!

GRADE:

83M0O5B.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

WtBDdMn.jpg

G1 Climax Post-Night Thirteen Standings:

dTbzRVP.png