Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (VERSION 1.05 RELEASED 19 OCT 23)

23 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

2026 Update

So a quick update on the progress of the Alt CVerse 2026 data. I have now completed the Canadian companies starting rosters and finished creating the new workers needed to fill those rosters/the training facility graduates. This is now America and Canada that have been completed in that regard.

I know that seems like things are going quite slow, but it is a lot more work than it sounds. Using just the Canadian women's scene as an example, I have created four new all-women's promotions and updated the rosters for IWW. This has meant creating dozens of new wrestlers, and atm there are now exactly double the amount of active female wrestlers based in Canada than there is in the 2022 version, going from 78 to 156. Compare that to the 22 active female wrestlers based in Canada from the default data and you get an idea of the work involved I think. Then bare in mind how many more men there usually are too and yeah, lots of new workers and a surprisingly large amount of work.

Next up, Mexico!

Brilliant work my man!!

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2023 at 3:52 PM, lavelleuk said:

2026 Update

So a quick update on the progress of the Alt CVerse 2026 data. I have now completed the Canadian companies starting rosters and finished creating the new workers needed to fill those rosters/the training facility graduates. This is now America and Canada that have been completed in that regard.

I know that seems like things are going quite slow, but it is a lot more work than it sounds. Using just the Canadian women's scene as an example, I have created four new all-women's promotions and updated the rosters for IWW. This has meant creating dozens of new wrestlers, and atm there are now exactly double the amount of active female wrestlers based in Canada than there is in the 2022 version, going from 78 to 156. Compare that to the 22 active female wrestlers based in Canada from the default data and you get an idea of the work involved I think. Then bare in mind how many more men there usually are too and yeah, lots of new workers and a surprisingly large amount of work.

Next up, Mexico!

Gonna be scenes when OLLIE drives SOTB into the ground XD This is excellent stuff, really got me back into TEW when I felt I'd gotten as much as I could out the game! I just hope PGHW isn't dead by 2026 because I don't play any other company I can't go without ma boys :(

On 8/23/2023 at 4:45 PM, Chaddes said:

Gonna be scenes when OLLIE drives SOTB into the ground XD This is excellent stuff, really got me back into TEW when I felt I'd gotten as much as I could out the game! I just hope PGHW isn't dead by 2026 because I don't play any other company I can't go without ma boys :(

Thank you! I'm glad someone else is backing OLLIE in the Mexican wrestling wars!

2 hours ago, TheSmoothLefty said:

Quick question, loving the mod but I want to create a new title for my company, what program did you use to make the title belt pics?

All the belt pictures are ones other people have made, I wouldn't even have a clue where to start tbh.

Did you see the generic belts folder for if there is one in there you can use?

So I'm about four months in my INSPIRES save and I'm thinking of revamping the structure of the company - cutting the dead weight, getting rid of the brands and sticking to Japan.

1) Other than Remo and Oleg the Destroyer, there aren't enough workers with high popularity to get high show grades outside of Japan. Which leads to...

2) Getting killed in the national battle

3) Didn't realize this when I started, but workers with high pop in the US, but low in Japan, means they can help get high match ratings, but no one with high pop in Japan will want to lose to them (had to redo three months worth of shows)

4) So many shows to book...

5) Many of the workers on the Worldwide brand can't work

6) Can't get high enough show grades to keep from annoying the PPV companies in Japan and the US, which means workers can't gain pop there (they barely gain any for tour shows as it is)

I like the idea of two brands (and this is by no means an attack on what @lavelleuk has done here - it's amazing), but for a human-controlled company (namely, me), it might be best to change things up. I'd consider doing maybe a one-month tour in the US for the US Heavyweight Tournament. And what to do with all of those titles...?

Thoughts?

On 8/27/2023 at 3:25 AM, gord said:

So I'm about four months in my INSPIRES save and I'm thinking of revamping the structure of the company - cutting the dead weight, getting rid of the brands and sticking to Japan.

1) Other than Remo and Oleg the Destroyer, there aren't enough workers with high popularity to get high show grades outside of Japan. Which leads to...

2) Getting killed in the national battle

3) Didn't realize this when I started, but workers with high pop in the US, but low in Japan, means they can help get high match ratings, but no one with high pop in Japan will want to lose to them (had to redo three months worth of shows)

4) So many shows to book...

5) Many of the workers on the Worldwide brand can't work

6) Can't get high enough show grades to keep from annoying the PPV companies in Japan and the US, which means workers can't gain pop there (they barely gain any for tour shows as it is)

I like the idea of two brands (and this is by no means an attack on what @lavelleuk has done here - it's amazing), but for a human-controlled company (namely, me), it might be best to change things up. I'd consider doing maybe a one-month tour in the US for the US Heavyweight Tournament. And what to do with all of those titles...?

Thoughts?

A few of those things were intentionally challenges as I felt just simply taking over a promotion that's the most popular in their region could get a little boring. But it's all their to be altered to however you like to play, which is the other good thing about INSPIRES is that it doesn't take too much adjusting on day one to get them how you like them. I know it made my game with them more fun. But yeah there are a lot of guys who, outside of losing on tour shows, are pretty useless bless 'em!

On 8/29/2023 at 5:08 AM, lavelleuk said:

A few of those things were intentionally challenges as I felt just simply taking over a promotion that's the most popular in their region could get a little boring. But it's all their to be altered to however you like to play, which is the other good thing about INSPIRES is that it doesn't take too much adjusting on day one to get them how you like them. I know it made my game with them more fun. But yeah there are a lot of guys who, outside of losing on tour shows, are pretty useless bless 'em!

WLW starts out a little ahead in company pop and are killing me in the national battles. Emerald Angel has had eight matches in four months, and just one has rated lower than a 94 (four 99s). Sensational Dragon can fart out a 95 match in his sleep too. INSPIRES doesn't have much to compare to that - my best match is a 97 and the next highest is a 95,. It wasn't even the main event!

8 hours ago, gord said:

WLW starts out a little ahead in company pop and are killing me in the national battles. Emerald Angel has had eight matches in four months, and just one has rated lower than a 94 (four 99s). Sensational Dragon can fart out a 95 match in his sleep too. INSPIRES doesn't have much to compare to that - my best match is a 97 and the next highest is a 95,. It wasn't even the main event!

Yeah I've always found lucha products are easy to get massively high match ratings, especially the AI, whereas puro companies always seem to get surprisingly low scores. I assume it's that "flashiness" plays a big part in match ratings, but you'd think in puro/technical wrestling promotion that stat wouldn't actually matter. 

Literally every test run I have done in TEW16 and TEW20 saw SOTBPW and WLW become the most popular promotion in world in terms of popularity in their regions, followed by sports entertainment companies. Not just my mod but default data too. I just checked my last 5 test runs I have been doing, the lowest pop SOTBPW have in those five is 95 across Mexico, the lowest WLW has is 96 across Japan (other than Shikoku) ...the world loves lucha!

16 hours ago, AdarLowenheim said:

Well the 2026 update should be really awesome!!! As someone who is interested in the CVerse but has never played a long term save, I do finally plan on doing it. Which company/companies would y'all recommened in this mod specifically?

Depends on what you prefer. One of my favourite promotions to play on 22 is CGC since they are not doing well but have strong history. 

RSW is like WWE in real life but new and growing. Haven't managed to have more than couple of months with them so far but I love them. 

POWER is super fan with loads of money and talented people and quite unusual premise since it's huge company coming from Russia.

For women wrestling there's great companies too, I like the one Vibert runs (IWW?). 

And of course custom company is good way to go. Usually my go-to is start Road To Glory challenge and sometimes it just turns into credible company in the world and I like to continue with them and they become canon for me. :D Also there's so much talent that it's nice to book unknown company in 22 since there's loads of potential talent to hire. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Evilman said:

Depends on what you prefer. One of my favourite promotions to play on 22 is CGC since they are not doing well but have strong history. 

RSW is like WWE in real life but new and growing. Haven't managed to have more than couple of months with them so far but I love them. 

POWER is super fan with loads of money and talented people and quite unusual premise since it's huge company coming from Russia.

For women wrestling there's great companies too, I like the one Vibert runs (IWW?). 

And of course custom company is good way to go. Usually my go-to is start Road To Glory challenge and sometimes it just turns into credible company in the world and I like to continue with them and they become canon for me. :D Also there's so much talent that it's nice to book unknown company in 22 since there's loads of potential talent to hire. 

Thank you for your answer. I looked around at all the companies you suggested and I didn't really like significant parts of the starting rosters of either one. I did however take a look at LSW last night and quite liked their roster and type of product and I also like the idea of rebuilding USPW back from the depths they fell to as they have a solid base. I'm leaning towards USPW because I like to use bigger rosters and I'll have to be strategic with signings as long getting to mold the company in my own way. I'll also try to strike up partnerships with smaller US promotions in order to have a place for my younger workers to develop and also monitor future signings in an easier way. 

Co-signing @Evilman's recommendations for CGC and IWW.

I find CGC's rich history a creative spark as there's so much to reference and it's interesting to take over at such a low point. I took away Edd Stone and Jack, Steve and Ricky DeColt at the start too just to sink as low as possible and see what could be salvaged.

IWW have the intriguing backstory with Phil Vibert now in charge, a unique schedule and an interesting roster, plus the challenge of how best to utilise Dream Girl's popularity.

Then DIW are the CVerse company I'm most familiar with and have some interesting new creations to work with here like Seth Wish, Kobra Khan and Two Badass MFers. I'm hoping to try booking APW through their product transition in future too.

All the companies I've looked at in this mod look interesting though - Fusion (21CW's feeder) are another who intrigue me for the variety of divisions and the chance to play as a child company - so I'm sure you'll have a blast with whoever you pick out of LSW and USPW.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 2:29 AM, 619 said:

Co-signing @Evilman's recommendations for CGC and IWW.

I find CGC's rich history a creative spark as there's so much to reference and it's interesting to take over at such a low point. I took away Edd Stone and Jack, Steve and Ricky DeColt at the start too just to sink as low as possible and see what could be salvaged.

IWW have the intriguing backstory with Phil Vibert now in charge, a unique schedule and an interesting roster, plus the challenge of how best to utilise Dream Girl's popularity.

Then DIW are the CVerse company I'm most familiar with and have some interesting new creations to work with here like Seth Wish, Kobra Khan and Two Badass MFers. I'm hoping to try booking APW through their product transition in future too.

All the companies I've looked at in this mod look interesting though - Fusion (21CW's feeder) are another who intrigue me for the variety of divisions and the chance to play as a child company - so I'm sure you'll have a blast with whoever you pick out of LSW and USPW.

Sorry for the late response but it's still better late than never. Taking all the big names away from CGC and starting basically from scratch sounds awesome! DIW do have some solid workers if my memory serves me right and Fusion is a cool company to work with, as is 21CW tbh.
I did end up going for USPW and I'm having a blast thus far with my first PPV coming up and I've already signed plenty of names and thought of pretty interesting storylines going forward.

Edited by AdarLowenheim
  • Like 2

Ey lavelleuk being a little bit creative with your DB i set the opening date to KITSUNE to January 2023. To my surprise, i just saw that the Tag Title is set to be a Singles title. Maybe was my mistake, twiching something in the past, but if you have time to check it, it would be nice.

Anyway, is there a way to edit the savegame and change that?

17 minutes ago, MrMinorLeagues said:

I'm new to adding a mod to the game, but I downloaded both files and put them in the corresponding database & picture spots but they're not showing once I go into the game. Any advice??

I've got the mod itself figured out now, but I can't seem to get the picture files working. Do I need to put it into the same folder as the mod itself or a separate picture folder?

9 hours ago, MrMinorLeagues said:

I've got the mod itself figured out now, but I can't seem to get the picture files working. Do I need to put it into the same folder as the mod itself or a separate picture folder?

The pictures need to go in the AltCornellVerse2026 Pictures folder, you may need to set the database to use that folder though. That is in the editor, database details at the bottom left, then "Picture Folder"

9 hours ago, juan_historico said:

Ey lavelleuk being a little bit creative with your DB i set the opening date to KITSUNE to January 2023. To my surprise, i just saw that the Tag Title is set to be a Singles title. Maybe was my mistake, twiching something in the past, but if you have time to check it, it would be nice.

Anyway, is there a way to edit the savegame and change that?

That's annoying, just looked in the editor and that is the only tag belt set as a singles, which I guess isn't too bad but still annoying!

I can't see a way to edit it for save games, if you're too far in you could always rename it to a singles title, then when the promotion creates a tag belt assign the tag belt picture to that belt?

Thanks for letting me know!

• 2 weeks later...

2026 UPDATE

Another quick update on the progress of the next version of this mod. Mexico new workers/starting rosters have been completed now. I probably say this every time but once again that is just the starting rosters/creating new companies/creating new workers part. Not the editing existing workers stats, bios or popularity etc.

That said, I thought it had take longer, the fact it was one month two days since I completed Canada is pretty good going I think. I try not to give too much away in these updates but the amount of men's promotions in Mexico has gone from 8 to 16 , women's promotions from 1 to 4, active men residing in Mexico from 315 to 438, active women in Mexico from 58 to 140 so once again things are increasing and more importantly there is a lot more variety.

Japan is up next, which I believe will be a bigger task than both Mexico and Canada, but will we see.

• Like 7

On 9/24/2023 at 12:47 PM, lavelleuk said:

2026 UPDATE

Another quick update on the progress of the next version of this mod. Mexico new workers/starting rosters have been completed now. I probably say this every time but once again that is just the starting rosters/creating new companies/creating new workers part. Not the editing existing workers stats, bios or popularity etc.

That said, I thought it had take longer, the fact it was one month two days since I completed Canada is pretty good going I think. I try not to give too much away in these updates but the amount of men's promotions in Mexico has gone from 8 to 16 , women's promotions from 1 to 4, active men residing in Mexico from 315 to 438, active women in Mexico from 58 to 140 so once again things are increasing and more importantly there is a lot more variety.

Japan is up next, which I believe will be a bigger task than both Mexico and Canada, but will we see.

Ey men, great to hear that. While i was watching a video about the NOAH Exodus, i was thinking that maybe a feature that you could include more in the DB is the use of Freelancers. I don´t know your plans for Japan, but could be an interesting addition, especially for the indy scene, or even if companies like BHOTWG of PGHW continue to be in a similar state as in 2022. Anyway, thanks a lot for your work, it´s spark a lot of my passion to keep playing this game. Cheers mate!

Haven't seen too much talk about this company but I want to give my praise for the mod ( it is an outstanding work that feels alive ) and Rockstar Wrestling as it may be the most fun company I played in this game. Now, I made some changes, I canceled the Broadcast Deals for PPV to get better ones, made their main show 2 hours and 30 minutes and added a B Show of one hour.

What made them so fun is that they are a rare company in TEW that is made for building. You've got top guys, out of shape who will easily carry your show to the 80 with frequent promos, you've got a World Champ and a Women's Champ who can easily carry anyone to a decent match and then, you have a bunch of incredibly talented wrestlers with way less pop than they are worth and you have a super fun save where your goal is to get the entire roster up to the point where all of the pieces are in place to work on their own without caring as much about pops. It really reminds me of those 96 WCW or 2008 TNA roster except you can stir it in the right direction this time.

Add to this the fact that with how the game is made, you will get too much revenue each month so you will have to invest it easily in top talents or a Network and your shows can be 10 ratings above your size and you've got a feeling of power and growth that I rarely got out of this game. This is just absolutely incredible!

59 minutes ago, Shooltra said:

Haven't seen too much talk about this company but I want to give my praise for the mod ( it is an outstanding work that feels alive ) and Rockstar Wrestling as it may be the most fun company I played in this game. Now, I made some changes, I canceled the Broadcast Deals for PPV to get better ones, made their main show 2 hours and 30 minutes and added a B Show of one hour.

What made them so fun is that they are a rare company in TEW that is made for building. You've got top guys, out of shape who will easily carry your show to the 80 with frequent promos, you've got a World Champ and a Women's Champ who can easily carry anyone to a decent match and then, you have a bunch of incredibly talented wrestlers with way less pop than they are worth and you have a super fun save where your goal is to get the entire roster up to the point where all of the pieces are in place to work on their own without caring as much about pops. It really reminds me of those 96 WCW or 2008 TNA roster except you can stir it in the right direction this time.

Add to this the fact that with how the game is made, you will get too much revenue each month so you will have to invest it easily in top talents or a Network and your shows can be 10 ratings above your size and you've got a feeling of power and growth that I rarely got out of this game. This is just absolutely incredible!

I love that feedback as it's exactly what I was going for with them!

26 minutes ago, FellaLibby said:

I have a 6 years later review to put down. There are some surprises to mention. To add, I added the additional workers you have to this. 

You've played a have six years? That would be interesting as I've done some test saves that long but obviously it's different when you're active in the save

On 9/29/2023 at 1:28 PM, lavelleuk said:

You've played a have six years? That would be interesting as I've done some test saves that long but obviously it's different when you're active in the save

Well I should clarify, I did a watching save. I do a rule of thumb to not fully play before seeing what I'm in for. Plus I like seeing what the AI does, Also, I miss read myself, its 5 years. Still, heres what happened.

Company closures first: White Canvas Grappling December 22

-All but one event were rated under 70

-Had 9 Great matches (Green means great to me)

Back Garden Wrestling May 2024

-Their bestest shows were all rated 50

-Never had a great match, but The Damned was their best worker imo

Shocking Hardcore Action May 2024

-Best show was just rated 49, ow.

-Louie Louis was their figurehead that never was. He went back to RAW btw

TITAN Factory Wrestling August 2024

-Held 4 very good shows and plenty of great matches, so it was kinda sad to see it go.

-Dreadnaught has plenty of good skills but is nowhere near as popular as his dad, his matches are meh to okay, and has just lost all employment by 2027.

-TFW closed A DAY BEFORE QdiL

Quema de las Libelulas August 2024

-No matches or events beat the 70 mark sadly

-Had the smallest all time roster, no one got the chance to work there it seems.

Danger And Violence Is Destiny October 2024

-Guess Sammy Bach couldn't run a fed around him and Joey Morgan lol

-I couldn't tell you how many times the game booked Bach and Morgan vs Gods of Thunder

-Btw no matches or events above 70

Original Legends Deathmatches January 2025

-NEW > OLD

-Event rates no higher than 50, yipe.

-All time roster is TIED with QdiL

El Paso Lucha July 2025

-They had some bangers for such a small company, 4 events above 70

-They even had Ranger on their roster and helped make even bigger great matches. Guess him getting a USPW contract killed EPL.

Baltimore Wild September 2025

-Biggz Boyz were pretty alright but everyone came for Ashley Keith

-No shows or matches at 70. But hey, Ash Keith is good.

-Also beat QPW by a few days

Quebec Pro Wrestling September 2025

-Christian Price loved himself. Put himself over 108 TIMES

-Shows under 70, but had pretty great matches, some without Price.

-Btw, Price has only had one awesome (light blue) match in 4C! Where he still works.

Invincible Pro Wrestling December 2025

-Guess Nemesis got serious coal for Christmas

-Had plenty of great shows and even more matches. So the loss of IPW is a surprise.

Lone Star Wrestling January 2026

-Never had a show rated higher than 65

-Eric Montgomery is the only member of that family worth talking about.

Proud Welsh Wrestling June 2026

-Did pretty fine for a dev fed for NOTBPW, got events at 57.

-Motoyuki Miyake carried this company with UK Dragon.

I can answer questions about what happened during these past 5 years if anyone wants to know. 

• Like 1