Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (VERSION 1.05 RELEASED 19 OCT 23)

24 minutes ago, Evilman said:

I got excited but then realized this was just speculation :D But yeah, I'd really love to see RSW doing well and especially Papa Swoll. Love the guy. 

Ok fine, one small spoiler as I am feeling the love for him

Papa Swoll is in fact a former RSW World Heavyweight champion!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

Ok fine, one small spoiler as I am feeling the love for him

Papa Swoll is in fact a former RSW World Heavyweight champion!

I am also on board with the Papa Swoll love so this is very great to hear

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 6:54 PM, El Dragon said:

SWF has fallen slightly, due to an unfortunate relapse from Remmy Skye, leading to a DUI arrest. Eric remains stubborn and pushing him as the Figurehead due to loyalty, but it's really started to effect business, especially with NEO having departed the roster. 

Remmy had it, and decided to throw it all away again. Dang it, Remmy.

So this week I managed to get TITAN Factory Wrestling completed, as well as the rebranded Grimm National Wrestling. GNW are difficult as they needed to have a lot of backstage issues and such, but one's that anyone who takes them over should have a chance of fixing. Even if it involved mass firings lol. I hope I have managed to walk that line anyway, but hey, why would you take over a company full of untalented drug addicts who were recently being booked by a guy who knows nothing about wrestling unless you wanted a challenge!?

Updated completed promotions list

• SWF
  • TCW
  • USPW
  • BOH
  • RSW
  • NYCW
  • PSW
  • CZCW
  • IPW
  • FCW
  • KFW
  • DAVID
  • RIPW
  • B-WILD
  • TFW
  • GSW/GNW

And new promotions

• FZCW
  • GCWA
  • GCWF
  • GCWL
  • GCWM
  • GCWT
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey lavelleuk, i want to ask you: are you planning in making big changes in terms of companies relationships? It´s because i have a recurrent "problem" with the DB, which is that WLW always always always ALWAYS having using BCG as a develomental place, which i consider kind of a heresy for a company like BCG, who are at war with almost the entiry japanese wrestling scene.

Thanks for all the effort that you´re putting in this, i really appreciate. I´m always checking here for more news about it, a true statement about the quality of this. Again, thank you, and i hope my question find you in good sprit!

40 minutes ago, juan_historico said:

Hey lavelleuk, i want to ask you: are you planning in making big changes in terms of companies relationships? It´s because i have a recurrent "problem" with the DB, which is that WLW always always always ALWAYS having using BCG as a develomental place, which i consider kind of a heresy for a company like BCG, who are at war with almost the entiry japanese wrestling scene.

Thanks for all the effort that you´re putting in this, i really appreciate. I´m always checking here for more news about it, a true statement about the quality of this. Again, thank you, and i hope my question find you in good sprit!

The problem with that was, in testing, if I gave BCG and WLW some sort of relationship to prevent that from happening, they would just link up with other companies that made just as little sense. It seemed like ai felt it was "needed" for WLW to link up with someone that the only way to prevent it was to have everyone dislike them, which didn't see to make much sense as in canon I believe only BHOTWG had issues with them. I believe I did suggest at one point that companies had an option of never accepting development deals, as there were companies like BCG, GCG, even PGHW or BHOTWG I saw accepting being a developmental when I don't think they ever would.

So yeah I get BCG isn't perfect, but I felt with their ongoing issues and bad management that they were the best of a bad bunch, but it is weird WLW sending BCG masked daredevils or luchadores lol

It is something I have thought about for 2026 though!

On 6/1/2024 at 9:58 PM, Peria said:

How easy would it be to transfer this database to the CV97 database?

I'd assume very very difficult, especially as most of the roster will already be in CV97, and that the workers who won't be in it will have already debuted in this mod, so they'd be debuting in that database with potentially years of experience and growth under their belts. You'd have to be very careful about who you import, then have to go back and edit all the workers stats for it to work effectively I'd think

A quick update, because why not?

Despite going to Egypt for a week, and then recovering from the stomach bug Egypt gave me when I returned, things have actually been progressing quite nicely in the three weeks since the last update.

Working through smaller companies always makes it feel like things are progressing very fast. A mix of smaller rosters, new companies having less history to think of for Hall Of Fames, the fact some of the workers  I completed when doing other promotions and that some of the roster are new workers I created in the first part of the mod making process means things feel less like a slog.

So since the last update there has actually been six promotions completed. Return To the Islands from the 2022 mod, and now there is a second Hawaiian promotion called Lethal Ring. Gateway, again from 2022, have been completed, as well as the three rival southern promotions Lone Star Wresting and two new companies Outlaw Championship Wrestling and Florida State Wrestling. 

I do like having the individual regions of the game feel more unique, so I am happy with how the Hawaii wrestling scene is evolving, and now the added options for those who love some Wrasslin', with LSW, OCW and FSW all having different identities and a built-in rivalry which makes the scene feel alive.

Updated completed promotions list

• SWF
  • TCW
  • USPW
  • BOH
  • RSW
  • NYCW
  • PSW
  • CZCW
  • IPW
  • FCW
  • KFW
  • DAVID
  • RIPW
  • B-WILD
  • TFW
  • GSW/GNW
  • RTTI
  • Gateway
  • LSW

And new promotions

• FZCW
  • GCWA
  • GCWF
  • GCWL
  • GCWM
  • GCWT
  • L-Ring
  • OCW
  • FSW
  • Like 8

On 6/3/2024 at 7:56 AM, lavelleuk said:

I'd assume very very difficult, especially as most of the roster will already be in CV97, and that the workers who won't be in it will have already debuted in this mod, so they'd be debuting in that database with potentially years of experience and growth under their belts. You'd have to be very careful about who you import, then have to go back and edit all the workers stats for it to work effectively I'd think

So if I just grab the 2022 database and bring it over to CV97 it'll be a disaster? Darn, I was looking forward to getting that and getting a sort of super game running, but I appreciate it nonetheless man, great work btw.

28 minutes ago, Peria said:

So if I just grab the 2022 database and bring it over to CV97 it'll be a disaster? Darn, I was looking forward to getting that and getting a sort of super game running, but I appreciate it nonetheless man, great work btw.

I'd say so yeah, without putting in some serious time editing stats, I mean it could be fun if you don't mind seriously over talented debutants as you get further in the game, but that might ruin the experience

The introduction of Lethal Ring certainly spices up the Hawaiin scene especially considering the difference in products between them and Return To The Islands.  The rivalry between LSW and the new OCW and FSW also intrigues me, and I can't wait to see who is competing in which company.

One of the things that I am most looking forward to is seeing what has happened to some of my favorite characters on the indie scene since 2022.  I can't wait to see what has happened to the likes of Freak, Diabolical, Kurt Roberts, Dallas Death Squad and The Kaluas.  I may be in a minority for this, but I also can't wait to find out about the rivalry between The Tennessee Kid and The Better Tennessee Kid.

10 hours ago, KyTeran said:

I may be in a minority for this, but I also can't wait to find out about the rivalry between The Tennessee Kid and The Better Tennessee Kid.

Nah, I think that is what everyone is after tbh! Two legends in their prime...

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Any juicy gossip on any new characters that look to be the "next big thing" in the world of wrestling? I always love writing for those people and seeing just how fast either AI promotions or myself can rocket them up the card. Especially the ones in the smaller promotions that rely on handshake or non-exclusive deals and how long will it take a bigger company to sign them.

Edited by Heinzreich

On 6/8/2024 at 6:05 AM, Heinzreich said:

Any juicy gossip on any new characters that look to be the "next big thing" in the world of wrestling? I always love writing for those people and seeing just how fast either AI promotions or myself can rocket them up the card. Especially the ones in the smaller promotions that rely on handshake or non-exclusive deals and how long will it take a bigger company to sign them.

The one thing I like about bigger data is there are both quite a lot of workers who could be the "next big thing" so it doesn't feel the same, but also that there are enough promotions that people who look very ordinary can become known names

Just two examples of potential big names from the company I just finished, RCW. RCW are an insignificant promotion in the South East who run eight shows a year, so these guys could get picked up by someone...or work in obscurity their whole careers. And then below two workers who became known in the latest four year test save I did, both very basic, one got signed to RIPW then to SWF in that time frame, the other went from 0 pop to multiple time DW tag champ

Screenshot 2024-06-09 161159.png

Screenshot 2024-06-09 160802.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shooltra said:

Can't wait to look up this NOPE company. Sounds like it gotta be something special lmao

Honestly, I am not sure comedy characters are exactly my specialty, but I hope some people like them. Some are bad on purpose, I mean they are indy's and lets be honest, indy shows have some awful characters on them lol

But I don't really watch much TV or films, and I'm too old to be down with the kids on modern things or anime etc. so I am fairly limited on the things I can spoof!

I'm so excited for this mod.

One guy I'm fascinated to see in 2026 is Mr Sunshine. He really had an incredible opportunity to become a Dario Cueto-type.

I'm just not sure if there's a promotion where he'd fit - but he's an awesome character.

• Like 1

Just came by again here to say: what a drag is to modify the DB. I just want to expand a little bit adding RMW and Ryujin to the game. Then i added the workers. Then i had to modify the bios of suchs workers, adding the contracts, changing the job history, adding some relationships, adding tag teams, etc, etc ,etc...

My conclussion: what a fantastic job lavelleuk is doing here. You don´t  really appreciate until you try yourself jajajajaja

PS: twaking all that stuff i just realise a little mistake, for everyone who wants to change it. The RMW Gold Rush Tournament was not set to the Gold Rush even, instead is set up to the Colorado Cup.