United Promotions Japan - Era of the Emperor [ThunderVerse]

14 hours ago, neslo024 said:

Good set up for the upcoming tour/events. Are Furosuto/Utamara a starting team or did you team them up? Either way that team could be a big player in the JHW Tag division. 

Not a team, just occasionally partners on the undercard. There aren't many unaffiliated juniors, which is something I'm working on improving. 

13 hours ago, Chaddes said:

I LOVE the Thunderverse, although I'm not too familiar with the big companies in Japan because I mainly book in Europe, so I'm really interested to see how this goes! Good luck chief :)

Thank you! UPJ is a favorite of many of us, and I'm happy to spread our love of them. 

Edited by Dalton

6 hours ago, sonny912 said:

Hey I'm not familiar enough with the thunderverse cause most forums here prefer the cornellverse or the real world. Can someone please help me out with this and post something that explains it? Like what's the lore and backstory behind it?

UPJ is basically the NJPW of the ThunderVerse

there are tournaments like G1 Climax and BOSJ, it’s stable warfare and the roster is mostly split in weight classes

current UPJ was bought by an energy drink company after a stretch of mismanagement from others

Dalton’s first few posts in this thread give you pretty much the backstory you need to know

Edited by TLLK
  • Like 1

I Don´t know if this is ok or not, but sometime ago i found a logo for a company call Blue Rihno which i think could be a could addition to your Diary or anyones. I used it as a logo for an alliance with BLKNS and even create and Openweight title to share between the two. I posted here and if not, i´ll delete it. 

Blue_Rhino.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, juan_historico said:

I Don´t know if this is ok or not, but sometime ago i found a logo for a company call Blue Rihno which i think could be a could addition to your Diary or anyones. I used it as a logo for an alliance with BLKNS and even create and Openweight title to share between the two. I posted here and if not, i´ll delete it. 

Blue_Rhino.png

They sell propane and propane accessories.

Seriously. I've had a Blue Rhino store in my town all my life, it was the first thing I thought of when I read "Blue Rhino" in TVerse lore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, falling_star said:

They sell propane and propane accessories.

Seriously. I've had a Blue Rhino store in my town all my life, it was the first thing I thought of when I read "Blue Rhino" in TVerse lore.

Propane 'n' wrasslin'. Hell yeah, brother!

• Like 1

image.jpeg

UPJ BATTLE STARS - TOUR RECAP

JANUARY 2021

The war between Kinjo-jidai and Ignite Muscle Army continued to grow throughout the Stars of Battle tour shows en route to UPJ Battle Stars 2021. Taheiji Ebisawa, one-half of the reigning UPJ International Tag Team Champions alongside Atonga, laid out a challenge for Kintaro Kinjo for Kinjo's UPJ International Heavyweight Championship for Battle Stars after pinning Kinjo-jidai's Waotaka Eda and Torture in back-to-back nights. Kinjo accepted the challenge, and claimed at the Battle Stars press conference that it may soon be time for him to add another belt to his collection, the UPJ tag titles.

Kinjo-jidai's Torture expressed his anger over being pinned by Ebisawa by destroying the backstage area, whipping a chair around and throwing water bottles towards the press. He mentioned that he spoke to Kinjo about expanding the group, and at Battle Stars, the world will see who is coming "home" to UPJ to join the faction…

UPJ Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Fallen (Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo) continue to wow crowds, and showed that they are not afraid of competition when they challenged Tokyo Tigers (Nakano Yuki & Ryuko Mishamoto) to come try to take the titles from them. Tokyo Tigers accepted, and Mishamoto was even able to secure a pinfall on Matsuo during a multiman match on a tour show.

Last year, Juro Deguchi offered Oda Yamawaki a spot in HardRockCity, but was flat out told no. Instead, Yamawaki stated that he would never show allegiance to Deguchi. Of course, Deguchi took this to heart, and the feud between the two has grown and grown to include most of HardRockCity. Yamawaki, ever the lone wolf and afraid to become loyal to anyone, employs a rotating crew of unaffiliated wrestlers to battle HRC. Without a close group beside him however, Yamawaki has consistently been on the losing end of matches against HardRockCity.

UPJ Battle Stars - Sunday W2, January 2021

Yokohama Arena

1. Dustin LeFever vs. Kamei Takauji

2. The Runaways (Erik van Rijn & Bruiser Cassidy) vs. Goro Nemoto & Kwon Ha-neul

3. Kozue & Utamara vs. Jin Fujiwara & SHOGUN

4. Hall of the United Throne (Hyotaru Ichigawa, Daijiro Otsuka & Otojiro Ikina) vs. Kinjo-jidai (Torture, Waotaka Eda & Mr. Yamashita)

5. Hall of the United Throne (Ryotaro Naruto, Captain UPJ & Takanori Sakurai) vs. Des Miller, Jayden Cole & Lobo

6. HardRockCity (Juro Deguchi, Danger Asahara & TOKI INK) vs. Oda Yamawaki & Yamahara (Koji Yamada & Ukon Kajahara)

7. UPJ JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The Fallen (Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo) © vs. Tokyo Tigers (Nakano Yuki & Ryuko Mishamoto) (1st defense)

8. UPJ INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Kintaro Kinjo © vs. Taheiji Ebisawa (1st defense)

BONUS: Who "comes home" to join Kinjo-jidai?

• Like 1

2. The Runaways (Erik van Rijn & Bruiser Cassidy) vs. Goro Nemoto & Kwon Ha-neul

4. Hall of the United Throne (Hyotaru Ichigawa, Daijiro Otsuka & Otojiro Ikina) vs. Kinjo-jidai (Torture, Waotaka Eda & Mr. Yamashita)

5. Hall of the United Throne (Ryotaro Naruto, Captain UPJ & Takanori Sakurai) vs. Des Miller, Jayden Cole & Lobo

6. HardRockCity (Juro Deguchi, Danger Asahara & TOKI INK) vs. Oda Yamawaki & Yamahara (Koji Yamada & Ukon Kajahara)

7. UPJ JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The Fallen (Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo) © vs. Tokyo Tigers (Nakano Yuki & Ryuko Mishamoto) (1st defense)

8. UPJ INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Kintaro Kinjo © vs. Taheiji Ebisawa (1st defense)

BONUS: Who "comes home" to join Kinjo-jidai? I'm not familiar enough with Thunderverse haha!

Edited by Vandal
  • Like 1

1. Dustin LeFever vs. Kamei Takauji

2. The Runaways (Erik van Rijn & Bruiser Cassidy) vs. Goro Nemoto & Kwon Ha-neul

3. Kozue & Utamara vs. Jin Fujiwara & SHOGUN

4. Hall of the United Throne (Hyotaru Ichigawa, Daijiro Otsuka & Otojiro Ikina) vs. Kinjo-jidai (Torture, Waotaka Eda & Mr. Yamashita)

5. Hall of the United Throne (Ryotaro Naruto, Captain UPJ & Takanori Sakurai) vs. Des Miller, Jayden Cole & Lobo

6. HardRockCity (Juro Deguchi, Danger Asahara & TOKI INK) vs. Oda Yamawaki & Yamahara (Koji Yamada & Ukon Kajahara)

7. UPJ JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The Fallen (Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo) © vs. Tokyo Tigers (Nakano Yuki & Ryuko Mishamoto) (1st defense)

8. UPJ INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Kintaro Kinjo © vs. Taheiji Ebisawa (1st defense)

• Like 1

7. UPJ JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The Fallen (Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo) © vs. Tokyo Tigers (Nakano Yuki & Ryuko Mishamoto) (1st defense)

8. UPJ INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Kintaro Kinjo © vs. Taheiji Ebisawa (1st defense)

• Like 1

7. UPJ JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP: The Fallen (Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo) © vs. Tokyo Tigers (Nakano Yuki & Ryuko Mishamoto) (1st defense)

8. UPJ INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Kintaro Kinjo © vs. Taheiji Ebisawa (1st defense)

BONUS: Who "comes home" to join Kinjo-jidai? Go Takashi

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 1:56 AM, TLLK said:

UPJ is basically the NJPW of the ThunderVerse

there are tournaments like G1 Climax and BOSJ, it’s stable warfare and the roster is mostly split in weight classes

current UPJ was bought by an energy drink company after a stretch of mismanagement from others

Dalton’s first few posts in this thread give you pretty much the backstory you need to know

Thanks but I meant the whole game world.

7. The Fallen (Cameron Cody & Junichi Matsuo) © vs. Tokyo Tigers (Nakano Yuki & Ryuko Mishamoto) (1st defense)

8. Kintaro Kinjo © vs. Taheiji Ebisawa (1st defense)

BONUS: Who "comes home" to join Kinjo-jidai? Pain

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonny912 said:

Thanks but I meant the whole game world.

It's a fictional game world. In America you've got a few decent sized promotions fighting for dominance in the wake of the company that had monopolised wrestling going under. In Mexico a Sports Entertainment focused company have usurped the traditional Lucha powerhouse. UPJ are the dominant force in Japan having recovered from poor ownership and a couple of major schisms. They're the main hubs but there's a lot of really interesting promotions scattered across all the game areas. I can't recommend downloading it and having a look around strongly enough

• Like 2