FCW: It Matters!

So welcome to FCW! It's quite a departure in terms of styles from what I've gotten used to over the last few years with RAW: Attitude! but I've slowly grown to love this promotion. Thanks to @Willsky and @20LEgend as this was initially planned as a multiplayer diary a while back so we bounced plenty of ideas off each other then. I will in time be tweaking the promotions product, mainly to allow more angles but in general I hope to keep the feel of what FCW is in the C-verse. With that in mind I'll have a few little goals/rules for myself in game. 

1: FCW is Puerto Rican based and proud. Most game saves, even ones that start as a tiny promotion like us, have the long term goal of world domination, but not FCW. My only goal in terms of popularity/size growth in game is to be as popular on our turf as possible. I love the idea of being a small/medium promotion and yet having more pop in Puerto Rico as the likes of USPW/SWF etc, whether that's possible or not I don't even know, but that's the goal. 

2: So because of that my short term goal is to get onto TV Puerto Rico. That will hopefully be our home basically forever. I don't see PRP as the type of guy who wants to be on WrestleWorld. 

3: Feature Puerto Rican/Homegrown talent. Self explanatory really, I don't care if there is somebody who is technically better over on the west coast, our fans want to see themselves represented in FCW, I say homegrown because there are people like The Gonzalez family who whilst not Puerto Rican would still have that feel of being FCW through and through. 

4: Make Marco Gonzalez a star. Some might call it nepotism, but in my mind Puerto Rican Power wants to see his good friend's son make it big.

P.S I'm not used to posting on these new forums, if anybody has any issues reading any of the shows let me know. I use DocDroid which I've always found decent but by all means I can swap, I'm not sure for example that it works well on everyone's phone. 

Edited by christmas_ape
  • Like 3

Card for FCW: FREEDOM Fighters

As is FCW tradition the year will begin with the New Years Rumble. A 10 man battle royal filled with wrestlers who have never won the Puerto Rican Title. The winner gets a shot at the belt any time they want (with 30 days notice). Can it be the launch pad of a new star?

We then have two heated singles matches that hope to end ongoing rivalries followed by a third singles fight for the People's Championship. 

The co-main will see FCW tag veterans challenge for the belts against 2/5ths of The House of Handsome and the main event for the evening will see the FCW Puerto Rican Champion fight one of the most popular stars in FCW.

All belts on the line, will The House of Handsome hold on to their complete dominance? 

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Handsome Stranger (c) vs Bradford Peverell

FCW Tag Team Title

Relentless (c) (Rob Reynolds and Ricochet Ramone) vs Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez and Hector Galindo)

FCW People's Championship

Xavi Ferrera (c) vs Island Boy Apollo

Kip Keenan vs Giant Brody

Ox Mastadon vs Bull Wrecker

New Years Rumble Featuring; Cobra, Carlos Gonzalez, Marco Gonzalez, Kanishoki, Bret Kyle, Taylor Norton, Martyr, Curtis Shaw, USAce and Juggernaut Jones

FCW Puerto Rican Title

FCW Tag Team Title

Relentless (c) (Rob Reynolds and Ricochet Ramone) vs Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez and Hector Galindo)

New Years Rumble Featuring; Cobra, Carlos Gonzalez, Marco Gonzalez, Kanishoki, Bret Kyle, Taylor Norton, Martyr, Curtis Shaw, USAce and Juggernaut Jones

Maan that intro was so cool. I've always admired FCW - for the same reasons you've mentioned. The whole "we're on an island and it's us vs. the world" thing appeals to me.

FCW Puerto Rican Title
As much as I love Peverell, changing the champ on the first show always seems weird.

FCW Tag Team Title
As I said, changing the champs on the first show is a great idea.

Ferrera is great, and Island Boy Apollo is pretty much the People's Champ with or without the belt.

FCW Puerto Rican Title

FCW Tag Team Title

FCW Puerto Rican Title

FCW Tag Team Title

MidKnightDreary:  4/6

QFresh: 3/6

D-Lyrium: 3/6

Prime Time: 3/6

Appreciate the responses and comments.  I'll keep track of prediction scores. 

So as I get deeper in I think I'll keep most my booking thoughts closer to my chest in case they end up being spoilers but I also enjoy hearing people's thoughts and find it hard not to respond! I don't think anything will have come as a massive shock, most of you had Xavi to retain and I do agree with D-Lyrium's thinking that Apollo doesn't necessarily need the belt. That said this is an important part of Xavi's story. He did also have surprisingly low pop in game and I see this belt as fairly prestigious as 2nd titles go so I think somebody like Apollo with over double his pop is in a better position to have some big matches with it. Although for any Xavi fans don't despair, he's young, one of the best wrestlers in the promotion and... PUERTO RICAN. So he'll have a good spot here for as long as he wants it. 

I'm pretty eager to get onto TV in game as I think that suits how I book. So in game I'm running 2 shows a month, each month will have the usual properly written event and then a small one which will still follow the storylines but won't advance stuff as much and so can be kept in this much shorter format. That way I can hopefully build pop and momentum pretty quickly. It's taken some cost cutting measures in game but I'm pretty sure I'll get onto TV before going into debt.. 🤞

FCW_ Puerto Rican Title Tournament.png

The card for FCW Fight For FREEDOM will be up soon but that reminds me, although I want to stay true to FCW (for example I'm very reluctant to make more than 2 or 3 signings in first year) I feel like I have to change the event names. I get it, Freedom. I think that being a theme makes sense and can work but not for EVERY event. They even have the audacity to after 11 months of Freedom based events call the December show One Night of Freedom?! 

I think I'll keep the schedule how it is for now, but when TV comes that will be the right time to take a proper look at the whole schedule. 

• Like 2

I agree to the point when I play I not only change FREEDOM in the event names but also in the name of the company. I prefer Fighters Championship Wrestling and as that is the name of the TV Show I don't feel that the name is totally unrelated. But yeah for me is probably the worst company in terms of event names.

Edited by newbiezness

Appreciate the comments! I'm starting to see more progress in game which is good, gunning for that TV spot. Although a couple of pretty big players seem to be in quite bad decline which sucks so the need to get some of the midcarders with potential over is growing more urgent. Although don't let that info sway your predictions, I'm a few months ahead in game/writing and I don't plan on any knee jerk reactions to my long term plans.

Card for FCW Fight For FREEDOM

FCW's second show of the year will see a new champion put to the test and the Puerto Rican Title holder face fresh challenge. 

It will be a night for three young rookies to prove themselves as the tag titles are defended against two high flying youngsters and a third will step across the ring from a man three times his size. 

Elsewhere on the card two singles matches that will likely help determine future title contenders.

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Handsome Stranger(c) vs Mutant

FCW Tag Team Titles

Relentless(c) vs Young & Wasted

Island Boy Apollo(c) vs King Kong Kennedy

Marco Gonzalez vs Kanishoki

Cobra vs Tex Tegan

Ox Mastadon vs Giant Brody

• Like 3

PREDICTIONS

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Handsome Stranger(c) def. Mutant

FCW Tag Team Titles

Relentless(c) def. Young & Wasted

Island Boy Apollo(c) def. King Kong Kennedy

Marco Gonzalez def. Kanishoki

Cobra def. Tex Tegan

Giant Brody def. Ox Mastadon

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Mutant won a lot of matches at the 2nd show and could be building for a strong push, but I don’t believe we see a switch here yet.

FCW Tag Team Titles

He just won the title so I don’t see him dropping it here

The kid keeps the momentum rolling

Cobra vs Tex Tegan

Bsttle of the big boys, does the lady prove to be the difference?

Edited by Theheel

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Stranger goes over again to keep House Handsome on top. For now. 

FCW Tag Team Titles

I doubt Young & Wasted are winning the tag belts at this early stage seeing as they're two of the least known guys and still young. Still, a good showing for them.

Another retention and this is the most clear cut one. Apollo gets a win over a big, but ultimately untalented opponent and looks great in the process.

Same as IBA vs. Kennedy. Gonzalez gets some momentum with a win over Kanishoki (who sucks)

Cobra vs Tex Tegan

Not sure about this. I'm gonna go Cobra because he's one of my favourites, but I can see Tex coming out on top too.

I'm torn on this one. I can see Kip Keenan costing Brody because of the shenanigans last time, but I think Brody's new girlfriend makes the difference again.

FCW Puerto Rican Title
Handsome Stranger(c)
vs Mutant
Can't see Mutant taking the title just yet...

FCW Tag Team Titles
Young & Wasted might be great one day, but not yet.

Kennedy isn't that great, and I can't see Apollo losing in his first defence.

I can't see golden boy losing to Kanishoki.

Cobra vs Tex Tegan
Feels weird to pick everyone on the left side. 

More right-side evening, plus the mysterious woman.

Edited by D-Lyrium