BHOTWG - A Walk Along The Burning Path

Night Of The Burning Hammer Full Card & Preview

Main Event: BHOTWG WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Heihachiro Sakai (c) vs Matthew Keith

If Sakai retains Deluxe lose all titles they hold and cannot challenge for any during 2023. If Keith wins the Championship he also takes control of NEO

HeihachiroSakaiPoputt.jpgBHOTWGHW2.jpgMatthew KeithShipshirt.jpg

In the main event the on going Neo x Deluxe war will come to a head in what has now become more than just a championship match. After a brawl broke out post main event of Shimotsuki the two men wanted to add even higher stakes to proceedings, Sakai putting forward that if he wins Deluxe will have to vacate any championships they hold which at the time of writing is both the heavyweight tag and openweight and they cannot challenge during 2023, on the flip side if Keith wins not only will he become World Champion but he will also take control of NEO, what would Keiths intentions be? absorbing them into Deluxe? kicking some members but keeping others? This match will be the fifth between the two men for the World Championship and the shocking statistic that Heihachiro Sakai wont like seeing is that Matthew Keith has won every single one to date. Who will lead the company as champion into the new year? 

Semi Final: BHOTWG OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Helikaon (c) vs MYSTIC Dragon

KC Glenn.jpgBHOTWG OPENWEIGHT.jpgMystic Dragon_alt1.jpg

NEO vs Deluxe in the Semi Final as well as the Main Event. Helikaon has worked tooth and nail to make the Openweight Championship relevant and worth talking about and he has certainly done that, the Semi Final at the Tokyo Dome will be the ninth defence for the champion and the second against MYSTIC Dragon. One of the interesting point of this match is that Helikaon could win this match but still end up losing the championship if Matthew Keith were to lose in the main event

7th Match: BHOTWG JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Emerald Angel (c) vs Toju Munkata vs Pretty Okakura vs Tsuneyo Yanagimoto

Emerald Angel_alt.jpgToju Munkata.jpgBHOTWGJUNIOR2.jpgPretty Okakura ironfist.jpgTsuneyo Yanagimoto willr0ck.jpg

The Junior Heavyweight Championship match on almost every BHOTWG card tends to be the best match so there are high expectations for this. A dangerous environment for the champion defending in a four way, he initially rebuffed Flamboyance's challenge due to not wanting to defend against a tag team, in the following weeks Toju Munkatas name emerged and CEO Tadiyuki Kikkawa signed off on a four way match. Okakura and Yanagimoto looking for their first singles gold in the company meanwhile Munkata hoping to reach former heights once more. Emerald Angel has held the title for a year with nine successful defences to date, the junior heavyweight landscape in BHOTWG is very healthy and for these four man this could pose a last chance to climb to the top of the mountain.

6th Match: ASHES TO GLORY TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT FINAL - Elemental III & Kinnojo Horri vs Atsumori Takemura & Chomei Sugiyama

Elemental III Willr0ck.jpgKinnojo Horri.jpg VS Atsumori Takemura cooldude.jpgChomei Sugiyama.jpg

After the injury of Hiroyasu Gakusha whilst working for Pro Wrestling SAISHO Elemental III was left with having to find a new partner for the final, his choice was one of the most decorated wrestlers on the BHOTWG roster in Kinnojo Horri. In the other corner the NEO pairing of Takemura and Sugiyama who would have an eye on the main event for obvious reasons will believe they have a real chance to capitalise on Horri coming in for the final, their opponents being a totally fresh team, both NEO man have had a few  bit part years, particularly Sugiyama and they will really feel like they have something to prove. Will born winners Elemental III and Horri be able to click straight away? or will Takemura and Sugiyama have a break out moment? 

5th Match: BHOTWG WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS - The Ring Generals (c) vs INFLUENCE

Dean Waldorf.jpgMarv Statler.jpgBHOTWG World Tag Willr0ck.jpgMabuchi Furusawa.jpgTatsuya Toshitala.jpg

The Ring Generals have had their fingerprints all over the heavyweight tag division for the last two years, at Night Of The Burning Hammer they will be facing fresh challengers and two big names, former World Champion Mabuchi Furusawa and a two time Tag Team Champion in Tatsuya Toshitara. Furusawa bought INFLUENCE together at the start of the year and all four members have found benefit, if results go the right way for them both tag championships will be in INFLUENCE hands. The Ring Generals the same as Helikaon later in the night are in a position where they could potentially win this match but still end up losing the championships later in the night. 

4th Match: IWGP 6 MAN TAG - Aaron Andrews (TCW), Mimic (ACPW) & Koshiro Ino vs Aztec Prince (CILL), Suki & Munemitsu Senmatsu

KoshiroInoShipshirt1.jpgMimic.jpgVSAztec Prince.jpgSUKI.jpg                                         Aaron Andrews.jpg                                                                 Munemitsu Senmatsu.jpg

For the third year in a row there will be an IWGP alliance 6 man tag team match, this will be the first year that there will be All Canada Pro Wrestling representation in Mimic. Aaron Andrews will be heading to Japan again as will Aztec Prince, two figures with growing popularity in Japan. 

3rd Match: BHOTWG JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS - Holy Ghost (c) vs Rebel Run X vs F.E.A.R

Crimson Ghost.jpgFrankie Dee_alt.jpgBHOTWG JUNIOR TAG.jpgJin Miyamoto.jpgHijo Del Relampago.jpg

Akio.jpgKo Minamino.jpg

High paced, High Octane action is promised in a three way clash for the Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships. Holy Ghost have proved to be formidable champions, both men have grown with the belts and in both cases they could be working their way into singles contention, maybe holding both singles and tag belts is something that drives the champions on, whatever it is they have seven defences under the belt. Rebel Run X and the F.E.A.R team of Akio and Ko Minamino have both been nearly teams, nearly claiming the belts on a few occasions, in Rebel Run X's case nearly regaining them as they have one reign to their name. As mentioned with the singles landscape for the juniors its highly competitive, the tag scene has the potential for the same and all three teams here will want to be top of that scene heading into the new year.

2nd Match: Sepents Head (Kobayashi, Gensai & Watoga) vs Senmatsu-Gun (Kamioka, Shimakage & Magnum Kobe

Haranobu Kobayashi.jpgMichio Gensai cooldude.jpgVSGonkuro Kamioka cooldude.jpgIeyoshi Shimakage cooldude.jpg                                            Shogun Watoga.jpg                                               Magnum Kobe JTLant1.jpg

Six men whom all probably feel they should have higher status on this card will clash in a stable v stable match early in the night, could a victory in this 6 man tag match propel the winners into a great 2023? In a match this loaded with talent you would be completely within your rights to feel like the answer to that question is yes

Opening Match: Razan Okamoto vs The Architect

Razan Okamoto.jpgVSThe Architect.jpg

In the shows opener The Architect will have what arguably could be described as the biggest match of his career, the two time Sam Keith Classic winner and one time COTT Heavyweight Champion has been wrestling in Japan for two years and will see this as a potential chance to propel himself, having recently signed a new deal with BHOTWG (deal allows him to still work for MAW) he will be feeling good heading into this. In the opposite corner BCG star Razan Okamoto will face stern competition, Okamoto has been appearing on BHOTWG through the year as a part of a working relationship with BCG, he has impressed when featuring with other Nextream members Pretty Okakura and Tsuneyo Yanagimoto but this will be his first singles match at a big event. On a night where the landscape for Deluxe could change drastically can The Architect use this as a platform to soar high? or will Okamoto keep him grounded?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Diary Update

So some sad news for myself and those who have been following this, after TEW stopped working on my PC part of the steps to recover the game was reinstalling, due to my error I didnt think to move my save games to another folder to re add so the long and short of it is I have now lost this save!   

Whilst I cant remember the exact results, for those who were following this diary here's what was coming out of Night Of The Burning Hammer

- Matthew Keith was winning the title and thus taking control of NEO, the following day at New Years Flame he would be disbanding NEO, all members going their separate ways, my plan was to keep Sakai away for a month or so when he would return with a new stable

- Helikaon was to drop the Openweight title to MYSTIC Dragon, in the short term I was turning Helikaon heavyweight, long term the plan was for him to switch to KC Glenn and turn on Deluxe 

- Toju Munkata was winning the Junior belt and my plan was to keep it on him long term

- Serpents Head stable was getting a shake up, wasnt exactly sure how I was gonna do this but Koshiro Ino was 100% being turned on by the others 

- Takenori Doi, Tomonaga & Yunokawa were all set to return from excursion at New Years Flame, id intended to push them all as much as I could within the restrictions of the games popularity system, Tomonaga and Yunokawa had very sucessful mexican excursion, probably the best excursions ive seen in TEW in terms of being booked, wins and title runs

- I was going to continue to focus exclusively on Mexico in terms of foreign expansion, Id just raided OLLIE for 4/5 workers - one of which was North Star Jr, long term there would be regular Mexican events, id hoped to have a Mexican title too 

Whats Next? 

I may well look at doing another diary at some point in a similar sort of style to this, most likely in Japan again. In the short term im working on a C-Verse UK indie expansion, im not sure how far down the line with this ill get but I hope to at some point be able to share it with you all! 

Thanks to everyone that read and commented :)

Edited by ShikariFC
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kanegan said:

Pick up Exodus. I did a diary with them in the old forums and they are pretty fun. I enjoyed your Diary here and will definitely read whatever company you choose.

Agreed. SAISHOI doesn't have the roster stability that others in Japan did, and 5SSW has been done a bit I think. But honestly all 3 would be cool to see.

• Like 1

Thanks both for the input and the nice words! 

At the moment I’m spending the free time I have for TEW on getting the right add ons and mods back on the game - then I’ll have a think about which way I’m going, SAISHO was the outside bet as I’ve played a save as them before.