How long have you been here?

MrCanada

I came to a crazy realization today, that I've been around, not consistently, on GDS forums for a long long time.

I've been around since the EWR days, into the first TEW (which was a different company that released it or something?) and I've been on several iterations of forums through all that.

According to the forums, I registered here on September 8, 2004. So its been almost 19-years here alone. I think I got into EWR near-er the beginning too. So I've spent well over 20-years enjoying Adam's work. And 19-years enjoying GDS' work which weirdly makes them my favourite game publisher I suppose.

So, I was just wondering what other old-timers are kicking around?

Edited by MrCanada

I believe it was late 2006 or early 2007. I got sick of waiting for someone to translate Fire Pro Wrestling 2's promoter mode and wound up finding out about TEW 05. I tend to be a lurker rather than a user, so I may have joined later than I remember.

EDIT: Just realized that I could look and see the date I joined, lol. It was May of 2007

Edited by The Swanton825

I've officially been apart of GDS since 2016, but the truth is I've played their games since 2007.

I'm sorry! I'm sorry I never joined the forums prior! But I was so engrossed playing TEW 2005, and EWR, because it took me till 2016 to actually be able to purchase a "new " GDS game.

2013, which was also my first TEW. I had played EWR with friends a couple of years beforehand. My former nick here was 'Smasher1311'. Makes me cringe reading what I would post when I first came in :p but I'm really glad to have been a part of this community for so long.

The first Ryland game I ever played was Extreme Warfare Deluxe. I played all the way through the final states of the EWR games. I came to GDS in 2007. So all in all I've spent 22 years playing Ryland games and I've spent almost 17 years on GDS.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Okay it's been a looooong time, I remembered making a few render requests and I have done some roleplays... I'm doing better on RPs and sometimes creative blocks come around now and then... I was around in 2008, the computer I had at the time, 7 years since, it became obsolete...so I'm currently using a cellphone for Internet etc lol...but I have been playing wrestling games mainly WWE but I'm open-minded on other promotion games...oh yeah I'm still trying to find my previous posts on here and no such luck 🤷🏼

Edited by TymmG
Forgot to add a last thing to say

Even though I don't post much, I've been part of the online community since November 2005.  I've been playing Ryland games since the release of Extreme Warfare 2... whenever that was..  I think that came out when I was like 11 or 12????

Wow, I've been a fan for almost 30 years!  

Any one know the exact date Extreme Warfare 2 was released?

• 3 weeks later...

Joined on May 15, 2020, so this coming May will mark four years since I joined, though I only started posting regularly when I started doing my Rise of a Star diary and posting my belt renders.  My involvement with Ryland games started with EWR, then I bought TEW 2010 (though I later lost the activation key for it after I bought a new computer in 2016) and now have TEW 2020 (both in disk form, along with a few other games, and as a download).

• Like 1