LAP - Lucha America Productions (CVERSE20)

LAPneomini.gifLaRedDeLaLucha.jpg

LAP TO DEBUT IN LA RED DE LA LUCHA

LAP announced today a potential game-changer new broadcasting deal with La Red De La Lucha. LAP owner Joaquin Soler said that "this deal will completely change our current broadcast strategy".

During the day it has been leaked that LAP's TV show This Is Lucha will go off the air in two weeks. However, WrestlerWorld and stream it will continue to broadcast LAP events. According to internal sources the increasing amount of events that LAP and La Red De La Lucha have agreed for this Summer made it impossible to continue with a weekly TV show, but This Is Lucha might return in the medium-term.

Mr. Soler admitted that their first event in Mexico Eléctrico La Leyenda was what made the deal interesting for La Red De La Lucha. Resale tickets for Eléctrico La Leyenda are said to have reached 1000 pesos mexicanos ($60).

The network has coverage in all of Mexico and is also growing in the South West and Mid South areas in United States and has recently entered the Puerto Rican market, where LAP broke in after the acquisition of FCW.

La Red De La Lucha stated that they have common interests with LAP.

La Red De La Lucha is showing a Promo that quickly went viral among fans of Lucha Libre on both sides of the border.

• Like 3

lap thisislucha neo.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 31

Monday, Week 3, May 2021. National Arena, Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. Attendance: 86

Official theme song

Alfonso Garcia.jpgMac Smith.jpgimage.jpeg

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to Mexico, This Is Lucha! 

Mac Smith: This is our first episode in Mexico and it is also the go-home show before our first event in Mexico, Eléctrico La Leyenda.

Cueball Lynch: And it is also This Is Lucha's penultimate episode!

Alfonso Garcia: That's right, Cueball. LAP has announced a new broadcast strategy that is going to begin with Eléctrico La Leyenda, This summer is going to be great in LAP. Let's see what we have in the first match tonight...

Axxis Jr.jpg

Suddenly Les Terres Saintes plays and Axxis Jr comes out.

Alfonso Garcia: Axxis Jr! Axxis Jr is here! There was no prior announcement, no rumors... This is a huge surprise, people here in Tijuana are going crazy singing Axxis' entrance theme.

Rating: 80

Axxis Jr.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

AXXIS JR vs SCARLET SCARAB

Scarlet Scarab attacked Axxis Jr in the last This Is Lucha episode when he was celebrating Supercopa De La Lucha II win. This was all about storytelling. Scarlet Scarab did his best to even the match in what was arguably Scarab's best performance in LAP. Scarlet Scarab hit Axxis with the O'Hararana and tried to submit him with the Spinning Arm Breaker but Axxis reversed it. Later Axxis Jr connected the Double Axxe Handle and then hit Scarab with the Gravity Axxisault.

Axxis Jr def. Scarlet Scarab via pinfall (Rating: 63, Time: 16')

Alfonso Garcia: Axxis Jr wins! In the next match, Frogue Element takes on Máscara Roja Jr.

Cueball Lynch: I think Frogue Element needs to win tonight, we've seen kind of a rollercoaster of a year in 2021 so far for him.

Mac Smith: Máscara Roja Jr is 0-0-9 in singles competition in LAP. If there's someone who needs to win more than anything that's Máscara Roja

image.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

FROGUE ELEMENT vs MÁSCARA ROJA JR

It was an awful short match in which they never connected with the fans and the timing of their aerial moves was all over the place. Frogue Element hit Máscara Roja with the Fro' Splash.

Frogue Element def. Máscara Roja Jr via pintall (Rating: 34, Time: 5')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Sunburst.jpg Ultimate Phoenix.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with LAP People's champion Sunburst and Ultimate Phoenix. You were tag teams partners for some time, you were known as Phoenix Sun. At Eléctrico La Leyenda you will now be opponents when Sunburst defends the People's championship.

Sunburst: First of all, Joanne, let me say that I feel at home tonight because I'm from Baja California my family's house is an hour away from here. Ultimate Phoenix is a legend, a good friend and I will need a near perfect performance to retain the title.

Ultimate Phoenix: Thank you mate. You know I love you too. I hope we will deliver and it will be the kind of match that the Mexican crowd deserves. And of course my motivation is at the highest level because if I win the LAP People's championship it will be my most important achievement in LAP and here in Mexico would be even more special.

Rating: 53

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match Eléctrico faces El Orgulloso! This Sunday, Eléctrico will face Hijo Del Relampago in his home town Juárez. It will be his last match in LAP.

Mac Smith: El Orgulloso lost to Eléctrico recently in the first round of Supercopa De La Lucha II, so he will be looking for revenge.

image.jpegvst copia.pngEl Orgulloso_alt.jpg

ELÉCTRICO vs EL ORGULLOSO

This was a short match where they tried to stole the show, but it was barely acceptable. Eléctrico hit El Orgulloso with the Electric Shock and at least the match worked to put Eléctrico even more over before his last match.

Eléctrico def. El Orgulloso via pinfall (Rating: 49, Time 5')

Hijo Del Relampago.jpg

After the match Hijo Del Relampago comes out.

Hijo Del Relampago: (Clap his hands ironically) On Sunday it won't be so easy, Eléctrico.

Rating: 54

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event, Fire Attack vs Segunda Generación!

Mac Smith: This is a dream match. Segunda Generación are the #1 contender for the tag team titles and are still undefeated in 2vs2 matches in 2021 with a 4-0-1 record. They will face LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme at Solsticio II. Fire Attack are  3-2-0 in 2021, while Amazing Fire Fly is quickly becoming a rising star in LAP.

Main Event:

image.jpegimage.jpegvst copia.pngNeutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg

FIRE ATTACK (AMAZING FIRE FLY & RAPIDO) vs SEGUNDA GENERACIÓN (HIJO DEL NEUTRON & MUSTANG BLANCO JR)

This was a match full of dangerous aerial moves. Amazing Fire Fly was head and shoulders above everyone else in this match, but early on the match Segunda Generación hit him with their finisher the Neutron Gun. Mustang Blanco pinned him but Amazing Fire Fly kicked out at 2. The crowd was in complete disbelief but quickly started to take turns again to chant for their favorite tag team. Amazing Fire Fly hit Hijo Del Neutron with the Sky High Fire Fly but he kicked out at 2 too. With the Mexican crowd on its feet for the last couple of minutes or so, Segunda Generación hit Rapido with the Neutron Gun and Mustang Blanco pinned him to take the win.

Segunda Generación def. Fire Attack via pinfall (Rating: 66, Time: 15')

Mac Smith: I can't believe that Amazing Fire Fly kicked out of one of the most protected finishers in LAP, the Neutron Gun!

Alfonso Garcia: It was amazing indeed. Don't miss Eléctrico La Leyenda this Sunday, Eléctrico's last match in LAP! Thank you for watching us. This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 64

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-17 a las 13.08.59.png

Live On

streamit copia.jpgWrestleWorld small.jpg

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 3

PREDICTIONS FOR ELÉCTRICO LA LEYENDA

As this is another special event points will accumulate until Solsticio II. Optional question doesn't award points but may be used somehow.

ELÉCTRICO LA LEYENDA CARD

LAP People's

Sunburst ©️ vs Ultimate Phoenix

LAP Women's Parejas

Perez & Torres (Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres) ©️ vs Las Gatas (Hellcat Hernandez & Darkness Cat)

Chess Maniac vs El Toro De Oro Jr

Mustang Blanco Jr vs Remmy Skye

Main Event: Eléctrico's last match in LAP

Eléctrico vs Hijo Del Relampago

(Optional) Leave a message for Eléctrico

• Like 1

LAP People's

LAP Women's Parejas

Perez & Torres (Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres) ©️ vs Las Gatas (Hellcat Hernandez & Darkness Cat)

Main Event: Eléctrico's last match in LAP

Thank you Electrico.

• Like 1

LAP People's

Sunburst ©️ vs Ultimate Phoenix

I think Ultimate Phoenix is on the back half of his career, and a win for Sunburst would be what really changes him from a "fluke" champion to a real deal, given Phoenix's pedigree

LAP Women's Parejas

Perez & Torres (Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres) ©️ vs Las Gatas (Hellcat Hernandez & Darkness Cat)

One thing I noticed (having read though a year+ at once) is that Darkness Cat is frequently not pulling her weight in her tag team, while Hernandez pulled her weight in her singles feud for the title. I think Cat takes the pinned and Hernandez moves on to wrestling singles full time

I don't know if it happens, but Chess Maniac is my pick to beat Remmy (though right now I think it's Relampago)

Mustang Blanco gets a chance to have his first big singles match since primarily working tag matches, and it's against the ace.

I knew Relampago was going to be a top guy, so that was why I picked him to win the Supercopa. Putting Electrico down in his last ever match is a bigger W

image.png

• Like 2

LAP People's

This is a win that can legitimise Sunburst's reign as champ

LAP Women's Parejas

Not sure Darkness Cat is ready for the belt just yet

Could see Chess Maniac being next in line for Remmy

Remmy's your ace, he's not losing here

Retiring Electrico will be a huge feather in Hijo Del Relampago's cap and help elevate him towards the top of the card

LAP is Electric!

• Like 1

LAP People's

Tonight the opening and closing matches are all about the old guys putting over the new guys in the company. While I am surprised that Sunburst became the LAP People's Champion. I could have even seen Pheonix being the won who got the title. It isn't time, Sunburst should have a nice lengthy title run.

LAP Women's Parejas

Chess Maniac. It is always Chess Maniac.

Remmy is going to win, he has to win. But this is going to be a showcase, to really evaluate Mustang Blanco Jr. He is a talent, and a future LAP Lucha Champion. This will be a banger of a match and most likely Match of the Night. 

I've never been a fan of Electrico, but I have to respect that he is putting over Hijo here. He became the first Supercopa De La Lucha and put some real name value on that title, and has been a solid midcard guy. It was clear he would never be "the" guy in the company so I respect what he has managed here. This is the perfect coming out for Hijo Del Relampago to become the guy. In fact I didn't realise how big of a guy Electrico is, with him being so recognisable. A lot more props to him battling in the mid card so much in the states. Maybe I like him a little more. 

I am really excited to see, with the company hitting Mexico to see if there are any surprise names making appearances. Give me El Medico! Doctor Tecnico!

(I am not as good at John with editing the text to fix it up. It is just meant to say "Sayonara Electrico!"

image.png

• Like 3

electrico la leyenda mini.png

ELÉCTRICO LA LEYENDA

Sunday, Week 3, May 2021. Bar Juárez, Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico. Attendance: 140

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to Ciudad Juárez for this special presentation, Eléctrico's last match in LAP!

Mac Smith: And welcome to many first time viewers on our new broadcasting partner La Red De La Lucha!

Cueball Lynch: Don't be fooled by official attendance figures, there wasn't a single ticket left for sale. I've heard that resale for Eléctrico La Leyenda reached the 1000 pesos mexicanos mark. It doesn't surprise me because this place is very small. It is the place where Eléctrico started his career in Juárez's independent circuit, isn't it?

Alfonso Garcia: Exactly. We have to say sorry because there have been problems related to false tickets and also unexpected people without a ticket surrounding this place, therefore for security reasons local police has restricted the access to the area and that has affected some fans with official tickets. We will work closer with local authorities to make sure situations like this won't happen again.

Mac Smith: Also I know many other people that are here tonight, I'm talking about Eléctrico's family, close friends and, well I don't want to give spoilers, but let's say that a lot of people are here for such a small place. Nobody wanted to miss a day like this.

Alfonso Garcia: Guys it's time to start the show, LAP People's champion Sunburst vs Ultimate Phoenix!

Mac Smith: Sunburst is making his third title defence tonight. Ultimate Phoenix is 7-7-0 in singles competition in LAP. Sunburst and Phoenix were tag team partners and they had good words for each other before the match, but let's face it when there is a title on the line there are no friends.

LAP PEOPLE'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Sunburst.jpgvst copia.pngUltimate Phoenix.jpg

SUNBURST (c) vs ULTIMATE PHOENIX

The two babyfaces did a good job to work a crowd that took turns cheering for their favorite in this short match. We could see that Phoenix and Sunburst knew each other very well and it was common for them to anticipate to their opponent's moves. Sunburst went for the Shooting Sun Star Press, no luck, then Ultimate Phoenix went for the Phoenix Firebird Splash, same. Sunburst pinned Phoenix after an amazing Sunsault, but he kicked out at 2. Finally Sunburst hit Ultimate Phoenix with the Sun-Spot to retain. Sunburst offers his hand to Phoenix and he shakes it.

Sunburst def. Ultimate Phoenix via pinfall (Rating: 57, Time: 8')

Alfonso Garcia: Big win for Sunburst!

Mac Smith: The People's champion is earning a reputation for dodging opponents' moves.

Alfonso Garcia: So many tweets these days for Eléctrico with the hashtag #EléctricoLaLeyenda thank you for your messages. These are the ones with the most likes:

549a36c1-eab7-4d3c-ba68-d2b8fdf43f2f.png

65aac37b-80d6-491e-8b42-871d5839fbe5.png

Mac Smith: I've seen tweets from American fans, Mexican fans, British fans... it's just amazing.

Alfonso Garcia: And here's the man of the night, Ciudad Juárez native Eléctrico!

eléctrico transp.png

(Chowd chanting "E-léc-tri-co, E-léc-tri-co!)

Électrico: Thank you, thank you. So many familiar faces. There are no words to explain the mix of feelings that I have tonight. You are my friends, my family, my colleagues and my city, Ciudad Juárez. I can't promise I'll win my last match in LAP, but I promise you that I'll give my 100% for each one of you until the end, no matter what the cost.

Hijo Del Relampago.jpg

Hijo Del Relampago comes out and as soon as he shows up and he is immediately booed.

Hijo Del Relampago: Take care, Eléctrico. You could get hurt.

Rating: 55

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match another Title Match, LAP Women's Parejas champions Perez & Torres vs Las Gatas!

Mac Smith: Perez & Torres are making their fourth defence in this match. Perez & Torres and Las Gatas had five previous matches and Perez & Torres dominate 4-1, but they should keep an eye on Hellcat Hernandez, who is becoming a force in the women's division.

Pinky Perez.jpgPoison Ivy.jpgvst copia.pngHellcat Hernandez.jpgDarkness Cat.jpg

PEREZ & TORRES (PINKY PEREZ & MARIANA TORRES) (c) vs LAS GATAS (HELLCAT HERNANDEZ & DARKNESS CAT)

These women stole the show. Mariana Torres and Darkness Cat started the match and it was pretty even. When Pinky and Hellcat got tagged in the crowd got hotter but the result was similar and none of them had a clear advantage. Back into action, Mariana Torres did some good combinations and then tagged Pinky to hit Darkness Cat with the Pink Tower and Pinky pinned her for the win.

Perez & Torres def. Las Gatas via pinfall (Rating: 55, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Chess Maniac takes on El Toro De Oro Jr.

Mac Smith: This is the third time these two face each other. Chess Maniac won both times and is 9-0-0 in singles competition in 2021. El Toro De Oro Jr has already had this year one of the peaks in his career when he defeated Bull Wrecker at LAP x FCW The Fight For Contracts, a loss that cost Bull Wrecker his job.

the

Chess Maniac.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

CHESS MANIAC vs EL TORO DE ORO JR

Another good match. This time El Toro De Oro Jr had a stronger mentality comparing to their previous matches. Golden Bull was on attack mode and hit Chess Maniac with the Head Of Steam Gore. Chess Maniac kicked out at 2 but he felt the impact. In another show of his machiavellian mind Chess Maniac slowed down El Toro before trying to submit him with the Checkmate. El Toro lifted Chess Maniac's body to get rid of the Checkmate in one of the moments of the night, but Check Maniac brilliantly reversed to a roll-up. 1, 2, 3!

Chess Maniac def. El Toro De Oro Jr via pinfall (Rating: 56, Time: 18')

Cueball Lynch: Wow. I don't know what surprised me more, Golden Bull surviving the Checkmate or Chess Maniac's endless magic tricks.

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Mustang Blanco Jr faces LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye in a Non-Title Match!

Cueball Lynch: Mustang Blanco Jr will be part a Title Match between Segunda Generación and LAP Parejas champions at Solsticio II. There's no need to say that the opportunity for Mustang to face one of the best champions in our generation in his home country, even in a non-title match, is huge. And Remmy is still undefeated in 1vs1 matches in LAP, we can't forget that record is at stake.

Mustang Blanco.jpgvst copia.pngRemmy Skye.jpg

MUSTANG BLANCO JR vs REMMY SKYE

A match full of dangerous aerial moves. "Remmy, Remmy!" chants to start the match showed that, even in Mexico, Remmy is still a fan favorite. But Mustang made a good impression early on the match and got the crowd on its feet with a fantastic tope con hilo. Remmy regrouped and counterattacked with a senton and a tornado DDT. Mustang climbed to the top turnbuckle for a flying clothesline and pinned Skye, but the champion kicked out at 1. Skye hit Mustang with a shooting star legdrop and then with the Skye Diver.

Remmy Skye def. Mustang Blanco Jr via pinfall (Rating: 57, Time 12')

image.jpegFrederique_alt1.jpgjagged_alt copia.jpg Remmy Skye.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg

After the match, Grace Harper and her clients Frederique Antonio Garcia and Jagged come out and she orders them to attack both Remmy and Mustang. They are destroying them.

image.jpeg

Magnifico comes out to help Remmy and Mustang and they make them retreat.

Rating: 57

Axxis Jr.jpgimage.jpeg

When Magnifico was going to leave the ring, Axxis Jr comes out.

Axxis Jr: Hold on, Magnifico my friend. Do you remember when we met in SOTBPW? You were the last to go there, it's not surprising because you are the youngest in the group. But I need Ultimate Phoenix to come out to do this together one more time.

Ultimate Phoenix.jpg

Ultimate Phoenix: Is this a reunion of old friends? Where's my beer?

Axxis Jr: You were the first to come to SOTBPW and you became my best friend. You already knew Magnifico and Eléctrico from MPWF. You told me, you have to meet this guy. You know that I admired you and Eléctrico, because Magnifico and me were a little bit younger, although we were more or less the same age. I was a little bit nervous when I met Eléctrico. I was a fan, just like you, just like the fans who are holding signs in the first rows. And I confess that I'm still a fan. Why don't you join us, Eléctrico?

image.png . . . . . . . . . cb4ef279bb5ca296d6ecac505dc49efb.png

Eléctrico comes out and stops near the ring to take selfies with the fans who are holdings signs with his name and then joins his friend to take a picture of the "Four Legendary Mexican Faces".

four faces at electrico la leyenda formato photo copia.png

(Crowd chants "L-A-P, L-A-P!)

Rating: 78

Alfonso Garcia: What an unforgettable moment! It was Eléctrico who came first to LAP from this group of unrepeatable Mexican babyface legends, who are also a group of friends. And it was also Eléctrico who convinced them to join him in his commitment to bring the best of Lucha Libre to the United States. A legacy to a new generation of Lucha fans around the world.

Mac Smith: No one embodies LAP values like Eléctrico.

Alfonso Garcia: Time for the Main Event and Eléctrico's last match in LAP! Eléctrico vs Hijo Del Relampago!

Mac Smith: First Supercopa De La Lucha winner Eléctrico is 7-5-0 in singles competition in LAP. Relampago recently eliminated Eléctrico in the Semifinals of Supercopa De La Lucha II when Eléctrico was defending the Supercopa that he won last year. Eléctrico sure wants to forget that loss with his last win tonight, but Relampago is 6-1-0 in 1vs1 matches and only Axxis Jr in the Supercopa Final has defeated him in LAP...

image.png

Mac Smith: Hijo Del Relampago is making his entrance. He is a perfect well-oiled machine.

Rating: 52

ELÉCTRICO vs HIJO DEL RELAMPAGO

The atmosphere in this match is incredible with the fans so close to the ring. Eléctrico delivers a classic rebound clothesline to start the match. Relampago hits him with a chop and Eléctrico replies with one of his own. Relampago pushes him for an elbow blow. Another chop by Eléctrico. Relampago is following a different strategy in this match, he isn't relying on his defense as much as usual, Relampago is on attack mode and now is connecting one good move after the other. Double kick from Relampago that sends Eléctrico out of the ring! Eléctrico is now standing up...

Alfonso Garcia: Relampago is walking on the third rope! Wait... no, it can't be... diving 450º senton! Wooow!

Mac Smith: What a spot guys, that was ridiculous! The moment of the night so far!

They made their way back to the ring and Eléctrico recovers a little bit. After reversing Relampago a few good moves, Eléctrico connects a running crossbody and then a fantastic springboard bulldog.

Alfonso Garcia: The crowd is on its feet... Electric Shock! 1... No! Hijo Del Relampago kicks out at 1!

Eléctrico can't believe what has just happened but he looks at the crowd chanting his name and tries to hit another move, but Relampago reverses it and pushes Eléctrico out of the ring.

Alfonso Garcia: 13 minutes into the match and Relampago is climbing to the ring post... diving Kesagiri chop!

Mac Smith: He has learned so many things in Japan. Relampago is a walking combination of wrestling styles. And now he is punishing Eléctrico in front of Axxis, Magnifico and Phoenix who are supporting his friend from the front row.

Alfonso Garcia: Hijo Del Relampago takes Eléctrico back to the ring. Wait a moment, this is the... Relampago Blanco!

Cueball Lynch: This is over guys.

Alfonso Garcia: 1, 2... NO!!! Eléctrico kicks out of the Relampago Blanco!!!

Mac Smith: What??? Are you fucking kidding me? Eléctrico has kicked out of the Relampago Blanco after more than 16 minutes of action!

Eléctrico stands up with an agile jump. "E-léc-tri-co, E-léc-tri-co", the crowd is on fire while he is making his comeback. Clothesline, then a running crossbody...

Alfonso Garcia: Eléctrico keeps pushing Relampago, now with a rebound clothesline. ! Relampago stands up... Eléctrico goes for another rebound clothesline... ReKO!!! ReKO out of nowhere!!! Relampago pins Eléctrico. 1, 2, 3!!! Relampago quickly rolls out of the ring with no expression on his face. Needless to say Match Of The Night.

Hijo Del Relampago def. Eléctrico via pinfall (Rating: 61, Time: 18')

Mac Smith: Relampago was out of this world, but Eléctrico's performance in his final match... THIS MAN IS A FUCKING LEGEND!!!

Alfonso Garcia: After more than a minute Eléctrico is finally standing up. He's battling tears as the crowd is giving him an standing ovation. This is a historic moment in LAP... Look, that's LAP owner Don Joaquin Soler is here!

Joaquin Soler.jpg image.jpeg

Joaquin Soler: Eléctrico, you know that I don't like to show up in our shows, so I'll be brief. What you've done in your final match is just another proof of your legendary status in LAP. That's why I've decided that you will be the first inductee into the LAP HALL OF FAME!

"Hall Of Fame" plays and the whole LAP roster come out clapping their hands to give Eléctrico a hallway.

electrico leyenda hallway ai.png

Alfonso Garcia: Thank you for watching this historic night! This was Lucha, this was Lucha America Productions!

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-18 a las 18.04.16.png

Live On

LaRedDeLaLucha.jpgstreamit copia.jpgWrestleWorld small.jpg

• Like 5

PREDICTIONS CONTEST FOR ELÉCTRICO LA LEYENDA

@HiPlus 5/5 + 1 accumulated points = 6 points

@Charasmatic Enigma 5/5 + 0.5 accumulated points = 5.5 points

@John Lions 5/5 + accumulated points 0.5 points = 5.5 points

@KyTeran 4/5 + 0 accumulated points = 4 points

Thank you for participating, as I said before these points will be accumulated until Solsticio II.

Special thanks to all of you for your additional feedback and messages for Eléctrico and those spectacular signs by @John Lions and @HiPlus

On 11/18/2023 at 8:06 AM, John Lions said:

LAP People's

Sunburst ©️ vs Ultimate Phoenix

I think Ultimate Phoenix is on the back half of his career, and a win for Sunburst would be what really changes him from a "fluke" champion to a real deal, given Phoenix's pedigree

On 11/18/2023 at 9:48 AM, Charasmatic Enigma said:

LAP People's

This is a win that can legitimise Sunburst's reign as champ

22 hours ago, HiPlus said:

LAP People's

Tonight the opening and closing matches are all about the old guys putting over the new guys in the company. While I am surprised that Sunburst became the LAP People's Champion. I could have even seen Pheonix being the won who got the title. It isn't time, Sunburst should have a nice lengthy title run.

I think Sunburst is making the best out of Ferrera's unexpected exit. He is doing a good job and he managed to get something good from Ultimate Phoenix, something that is increasingly difficult. Second best match of the night tied with Remmy vs Mustang is better than I expected. Sunburst's popularity is on the rise now.

On 11/18/2023 at 8:06 AM, John Lions said:

I knew Relampago was going to be a top guy, so that was why I picked him to win the Supercopa. Putting Electrico down in his last ever match is a bigger W

On 11/18/2023 at 9:48 AM, Charasmatic Enigma said:

Retiring Electrico will be a huge feather in Hijo Del Relampago's cap and help elevate him towards the top of the card

22 hours ago, HiPlus said:

I've never been a fan of Electrico, but I have to respect that he is putting over Hijo here. He became the first Supercopa De La Lucha and put some real name value on that title, and has been a solid midcard guy. It was clear he would never be "the" guy in the company so I respect what he has managed here. This is the perfect coming out for Hijo Del Relampago to become the guy. In fact I didn't realise how big of a guy Electrico is, with him being so recognisable. A lot more props to him battling in the mid card so much in the states. Maybe I like him a little more. 

I wrote much more text than usual for this event (especially Eléctrico vs Hijo Del Relampago was most detailed match in this diary) because I wanted to highlight Eléctrico's status in Mexico (his bio says he is the most recognizable wrestler in Mexico and also says that every article on Lucha Libre outside Mexico always features a picture of him somewhere).

Also I wanted to definitely cement Supercopa De La Lucha as a big deal in LAP (given that Eléctrico won the first edition) and also to put Relampago over. Using the ReKO (RKO) to finish Eléctrico I wanted to add something to Relampago's character, as I don't want him to talk too much for now, and it will open the door for other storylines.

• Like 3

lap thisislucha neo.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 32

Monday, Week 4, May 2021. San Juan High School, San Juan, Puerto Rico. Attendance: 256

Official theme song

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to Puerto Rico for the last episode of This Is Lucha! 

Mac Smith: Eléctrico La Leyenda was full of moments to remember and you can still watch on demand on WrestleWorld and stream it.

Cueball Lynch: Puerto Rico has become so important for LAP in 2021. It's great that we have the last episode in the beautiful island.

Alfonso Garcia: In the first match tonight, LAP People's champion Sunburst makes his fourth defence against Davis Wayne Newton.

Cueball Lynch: Sunbust defeated Ultimate Phoenix at Eléctrico La Leyenda in what was probably his most difficult defence so far. He is a worthy champion for a belt that has seen the likes of Kip Keenan, Joffy Laine, Ox Mastadon, Matt Hocking, Mainstream Hernandez or Titan, just to name a few, holding it before. DWN is struggling to win his first match in LAP and this is his opportunity to change his luck.

Sunburst.jpgvst copia.pngDavis Wayne Newton.jpg

SUNBURST (c) vs DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON

Match of the night. They did an excellent job to work the crowd. It is clear that Sunburst's popularity in Puerto Rico after dethroning Xavi Ferrera has risen and there were "Sunburst, Sunburst!" chants after a dangerous Sunsault. Sunburst hit Davis Wayne Newton with the Sun-Spot.

Sunburst def. Davis Wayne Newton via pinfall (Rating: 58, Time: 10')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg image.jpegimage.jpeg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with two of the most hated people in Puerto Rico, Raven Nightfall and her client Samael The Executioner.

(The Puerto Rican crowd boos them loudly)

Joanne Rodriguez: You two burnt the FCW logo before Samael defeated the auto-proclaimed leader of the FCW revolution Bradford Peverell at LAP x FCW The Fight For Contracts, causing him to lose his job and then went on to defeat Peverell's ally and one of the most beloved wrestlers in the island, Kip Keenan.

Raven Nightfall: Didn't we kill Kennedy as well? Wait, Kennedy was not Puerto Rican, sorry.

(Samael laughs with an exaggerated evil laugh)

Joanne Rodriguez: Tonight Samael will face another former FCW wrestler, Rob Reynolds.

Raven Nightfall: Rob, if you are watching, you can still run away.

Rating: 57

Cueball Lynch: I think it's safe to say that Samael The Executioner has become el rudo número uno, or the top heel, here in Puerto Rico.

Mac Smith:  He has earned a reputation for...

juggernightmare technical problems.png

Alfonso Garcia: Sorry, we're experiencing technical problems. What were you saying, Mac?

Cueball Lynch: I was talking about Samael's record in Puerto Rico, I think he...

Juggernightmare poster.png

(Suddenly a new tag team makes a disturbing entrance)

image.jpegimage.jpegvst copia.pngIsland Boy Apollo.jpgKid San Juan.jpg

JUGGERNIGHTMARE (JUGGERNAUT JONES & MARTYR) vs THE PUERTO RICAN BOYS (ISLAND BOY APOLLO & KID SAN JUAN)

Both Juggernaut Jones and Martyr appear in LAP for the first time to face fan favorites The Puerto Rican Boys. In a short match Juggernightmare focus on inflicting pain and maintain an aura of mystery. Martyr hits Kid San Juan with the Vengeance Driver.

Juggernightmare def. The Puerto Rican Boys via pintall (Rating: 46, Time: 8')

Cueball Lynch: This has to be one of the most shocking debuts I've ever seen in Puerto Rico.

Chess Maniac.jpg

Chess Maniac takes the ring.

Chess Maniac: I'm always two or three moves ahead of everyone in this company. I've noticed that I still don't have an opponent for Solsticio II. So I'm going to put it simple, here is an Open Challenge for anyone who wants to face me. I'm not afraid of anyone in this company.

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: It's good that you said that because I've been told that there's a mystery opponent that needs an opponent for Solsticio II and this mystery opponent is LAP's latest signing!

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Samael The Executioner vs Rob Reynolds!

Cueball Lynch: Rob Reynolds is 0-3-0 in LAP, still looking for his first win. I'm sure the Puerto Rican crowd will firmly support in this match.

image.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpeg w/Raven Nightfall_alt1 copia.jpg

ROB REYNOLDS vs SAMAEL THE EXECUTIONER (w/ Raven Nightfall)

This was a wild brawl were Reynolds just could put up a fight for the first couple of minutes. The Executioner had no mercy in this match and this was hard to watch as Reynolds was taking the beating of his life while Samael hit one impact move after the other. Samael lifted Reynolds body for a chokeslam and Reynolds fell to the canvas in a bad way. Regardless of it, Raven made the signal to him and Samael The Executioner hit Rob Reynolds with The Execution. Rob Reynolds didn't move for a minute until the medical team arrived and the crowd was deeply worried about him. Samael made his way out of the stage laughing maliciously, while people insulted them and Raven Nightfall gave them the middle finger.

Samael The Executioner def. Rob Reynolds via pinfall (Rating: 50, Time 7')

Cueball Lynch: It doesn't look good for Rob. I hope it's not as bad as it seems, my friend.

image.jpegFrederique_alt1.jpgjagged_alt copia.jpg Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpeg

Grace Harper and her clients Frederique Antonio Garcia and Jagged come out accompanied by Perez Xtreme and they are booed by the fans.

Frederique Antonio Garcia: Shut up you sissies! Listen to her.

Grace Harper: At Eléctrico La Leyenda, Magnifico made a mistake and that was to meddle in our affairs once again when we were dealing with Remmy and Mustang. So if you want to take part in this situation so much, why don't we solve it in a 4vs4 match? Remmy Skye, Magnifico and Segunda Generación vs Jagged & Frederique and Perez Xtreme!

Rating: 44

Alfonso Garcia: Wow, it will be a great match for sure! But it's time for our Main Event, The Hammers vs Los Rubios Canadienses.

Mac Smith: This will be the third time that these tag teams meet. In the first one Flash Savage pinned Joffy Laine with a Flash Roll-Up to win the match, then The Hammers defeated Los Rubios Canadienses at Venganza II.

Cueball Lynch: "The Jackhammer" and "The Ox" are very popular among our Puerto Rican fans and I think The Hammers are quickly gaining their support.

Main Event:

Joffy Laine.jpgimage.jpegvst copia.pngFlash Savage.jpgOzzie Goldstein.jpg

THE HAMMERS (JOFFY LAINE & OX MASTADON) vs LOS RUBIOS CANADIENSES (FLASH SAVAGE & OZZIE GOLDSTEIN)

This was all about storytelling. Plenty of references to their previous matches, with Flash Savage trying a Flash Roll-Up early on the match, but Joffy kicked out at 2, then shake his head to make clear this time it wouldn't be that easy and added "not in Puerto Rico", which delighted the crowd. The Hammers hit Ozzie Goldstein with the Double Hammer and Ox Mastadon pinned him.

The Hammers def. Los Rubios Canadienses via pinfall (Rating: 52, Time: 16')

Cueball Lynch: The Hammers finish the feud on top!

Alfonso Garcia: Thank you for watching the last episode of This Is Lucha. It has been an honor to work in this TV show and I hope someday it will be back. Forever This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 54

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-21 a las 9.30.38.png

Live On

streamit copia.jpgWrestleWorld small.jpg

• Like 4

image.jpeg image.png

ROB REYNOLDS WILL BE INJURED FOR MORE THAN A YEAR

LAP updated Rob Reynolds' status and the worst forecasts were confirmed. Reynolds got injured in his match against Samael The Executioner. Samael's attitude towards Reynolds' injury has further angered the Puerto Rican fans against him. With less than two months left in his contract with LAP, Rob Reynolds' hopes for an extension have been ruined.

• Sad 1

wrestlingcommunity copia.gif

WrestlingCommunity.com - A fresh look at the wrestling industry

· FREDDY HUGGINS JOINS USPW

Freddy Huggins has left TCW to join USPW in a 2-year deal worth $125000 per month.

· BIG THREE TO DEBUT NEW TV SHOWS

SWF has announced not one but two new TV shows to debut in June: Elite ('A' show on Saturdays) and Showcase ('B' show on Mondays). USPW will debut their second TV show, Night Of Action ('B' show on Saturdays), as well. TCW is planning their second show too, Wednesday Presentation ('B' show). The battle for audiences reaches a new peak.

· ELÉCTRICO TALKS HIJO DEL RELAMPAGO AND PANTERA ROJA IN LA RED DE LA LUCHA INTERVIEW

Eléctrico gave an interview to La Red De La Lucha where he discussed some of his rivalries in LAP after the success of his last match in the company at Eléctrico La Leyenda in Ciudad Juárez. The Mexican legend said that "apart from the fact that Relampago is not the nicest person on earth, he pushed me to a level where few wrestlers have taken me in my career. Big props to him, I doubt my last match could have been better against anyone else". Later Eléctrico revealed something that went unnoticed at Eléctrico La Leyenda "at the end of the show, when they gave me a hallway, Pantera Roja took me by the arm and told me 'Eléctrico, you are the best'. It meant the world to me because you know he was my archrival in LAP and after all I think I've had a positive impact on him somehow".

• Like 4

image.png

ÉPOCA DE SOLSTICIO II

Monday, Week 2, June 2021. Bob Duncan Center, Arlington, TX. Attendance: 444

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to Texas, this is the last stop before Solsticio II!

Mac Smith: There are less than two weeks until Solsticio II.

Cueball Lynch: I'm happy to be in Texas. I know the passion that the fans have here for LAP.

Alfonso Garcia: In our first match, two legends face each other for the first time in LAP, Axxis Jr vs Ultimate Phoenix!

Mac Smith: They are friends, they know each other very well. These kind of matches aren't easy. Supercopa De La Lucha II winner Axxis Jr has a perfect 11-0-0 record in singles competition in LAP.

Axxis Jr.jpgvst copia.pngUltimate Phoenix.jpg

AXXIS JR vs ULTIMATE PHOENIX

It was just a short match to work the crowd but it was passable at best, obviously you would like to see more from these legends. Axxis Jr hit Ultimate Phoenix with the Gravity Axxisault.

Axxis Jr def. Ultimate Phoenix via pinfall (Rating: 49, Time: 7')

Alfonso Garcia: Another win for Axxis Jr. Let's see what Joanne is up to.

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Neutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with Segunda Generación. It has been revealed that your Title Match against LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme will be a Tables Match, a stipulation in which you defeated them in one of the best matches in LAP history at last year's season finale event Lucha Fest.

Mustang Blanco Jr: It was an unforgettable moment for us and of course this stipulation give us good vibes.

El Hijo Del Neutron: We should have become LAP Parejas champions at Venganza II, but Frankie Perez's injury prevented us for winning the titles then. This time...

Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpeg

LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme interrupt the interview.

Frankie Perez: So you want these? (touching their belts) Why don't you try to catch them now?

Both tag teams look at each other and they start to brawl before they accidentally hit a camera and the signal is lost.

Rating: 45

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, El Toro De Oro Jr faces Máscara Roja Jr.

Mac Smith: Golden Bull is 6-10-0 in singles competition in LAP. Máscara Roja Jr is still looking for his first win in LAP.

EL TORO DE ORO JR vs MÁSCARA ROJA JR

An underwhelming match that left the Texan crowd indifferent. El Toro De Oro Jr hit Máscara Roja Jr with the Head Of Steam Gore.

El Toro De Oro Jr def. Máscara Roja Jr via pinfall (Rating: 36, Time: 12')

Teresa Perez.jpg

Teresa Perez takes the mic.

Teresa Perez: I have to say that Chess Maniac's Open Challenge in the last episode of This Is Lucha has deeply impressed me and has motivated me to issue an Open Challenge of my own. I want an opponent to face tonight, who is brave enough to come out?

Queen Amazon.jpg

Alfonso Garcia: Queen Amazon! She is here after more than three months out of LAP shows!

(Queen Amazon looks defiantly to Teresa, who shakes a little bit)

Rating: 41

Queen Amazon.jpgvst copia.pngTeresa Perez.jpg

QUEEN AMAZON vs TERESA PEREZ

Queen Amazon looked for a squash and what Teresa did for the first minutes was mostly avoid as much contact as possible. Queen Amazon went for the Amazonian Powerbomb but Teresa reversed it to a roll-up, Queen Amazon kicked out at 2 though. After a tremendous running powerslam, Queen Amazon hit Teresa Perez with the Amazonian Powerbomb to win the match.

Queen Amazon def. Teresa Perez via pinfall (Rating: 48, Time: 7')

Mac Smith: The Queen is back!

Chess Maniac.jpg

Chess Maniac comes out to reply to Teresa Perez's earlier comments.

Chess Maniac: Teresa, I hope tonight you've learnt an important lesson. In life, like in chess, there are kings (pointing to himself), obviously there are queens (pointing to Queen Amazon) and there are pawns (pointing to Teresa Perez).

Alfonso Garcia: The action continues with another match, Las Eléctricas take on Purple Viper and Simony Sentinel.

Mac Smith: Purple Viper became the #1 contender for the LAP Women's title after defeating Alina America and Simony Sentinel in a Triple Threat match and she will face the champion, Electric Dreamer, at Solsticio II. She'll be filled by motivation tonight but Las Eléctricas are on paper a superior tag team, don't forget that Las Gatas weren't able to defeat them during Hellcat's feud with Dreamer.

Alina America.jpgElectric Dreamer.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpeg

LAS ELÉCTRICAS (ALINA AMERICA & ELECTRIC DREAMER) vs PURPLE VIPER & SIMONY SENTINEL

In a good match that was all about storytelling, Las Eléctricas started dominating the match until Purple Viper took over. Alina America hit Simony Sentinel with the Southern Lights Bomb, but Purple Viper was unstoppable in this match and after saving her partner she cleared the ring. Finally Purple Viper hit Alina America with the Purple Bite.

Purple Viper & Simony Sentinel def. Las Eléctricas via pinfall (Rating: 54, Time 16')

Alfonso Garcia: Big display by Purple Viper in this match!

image.jpegFrederique_alt1.jpgjagged_alt copia.jpg

Grace Harper and her clients Frederique Antonio Garcia and Jagged take the ring and are booed by the Texan crowd.

Frederique Antonio Garcia: Shut up you, Texan sissies!

(The crowd boos them louder)

Grace Harper: Tonight my clients along with Perez Xtreme will crush Remmy Skye and his allies in the first step towards Frederique's coronation at Solsticio II. It will be a truly unique moment at Solsticio II when the biggest star in LAP, Frederique Antonio Garcia, doesn't he look like a star?... when the biggest star finally becomes the LAP Lucha champion and Remmy Skye's unworthy reign comes to an end!

Rating: 47

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Lilly & Rose and Las Gatas fight for a shot at the LAP Women's Parejas titles.

Mac Smith: If Lilly & Rose want another shot at Perez & Torres' titles they need to defeat Las Gatas first.

LAP Women's Parejas Title Shot Match

Kate Lilly.jpgDebbie Rose.jpgvst copia.pngHellcat Hernandez.jpgDarkness Cat.jpg

LILLY & ROSE (KATE LILLY & DEBBIE ROSE) vs LAS GATAS (HELLCAT HERNANDEZ & DARKNESS CAT)

The girls stole the show. Lilly & Rose hit Darkness Cat with The Thorn before Debbie Rose pinned her. 

Lilly & Rose def. Las Gatas via pinfall (Rating: 57, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event, a 4vs4 match where Jagged & Frederique and Perez Xtreme take on Remmy Skye, Magnifico and Segunda Generación!

Clueball Lynch: So many things are at stake in this match. Magnifico has been Remmy's best ally against interferences by Grace Harper's clients. Perez Xtreme and Segunda Generación have a long rivalry that has defined the Parejas division.

Mac Smith: Solsticio II is going to be a crossroads for all of the participants in this match. This will be is a glimpse of what could happen there.

Main Event:

Remmy Skye.jpgimage.jpegNeutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg

vs2.png

image.jpegw/ jagged_alt copia.jpgFrederique_alt1.jpgFrankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpeg

REMMY SKYE, MAGNIFICO and SEGUNDA GENERACIÓN (EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON & MUSTANG BLANCO JR) vs

vs JAGGED & FREDERIQUE (w/ Grace Harper) and PEREZ XTREME (FRANKIE PEREZ & JONNIE PEREZ)

A total war which had good wrestling and was given enough time to thrive. Magnifico and Jagged started the show and the babyface legend showed he's on perfect condition for Solsticio II when he hit the Magnifico Cradle on Jagged, but Frederique was there to help his partner. Remmy and Frederique got their hands on each other for the first time, bringing the crowd on its feet. After exchanging a few blows, Skye went for a tornado DDT but missed the target and Frederique hit the champion with a low blow. The crowd booed loudly while Grace Harper laughed on the ringside and Segunda Generación and Magnifico yelled at the ref. Neutron got tagged in and soon Frederique asked Jonnie to step in. Neutron completely dominated Jonnie and hit him with the Neutron Gun but Frankie saved his brother and then humiliated and insulted him for his bad performance. Mustang and Frankie are the legal men now with Frankie blaming Mustang for causing his injury. An enraged Mustang went for the Acceleration but Frankie took out of his pants a foreign object and hit Mustang in the air. Mustang's finisher was so fast that the ref could not see clearly what Frankie did. Mustang hit the ground motionless and Frankie pinned him. 1, 2, 3!

Jagged & Frederique and Perez Xtreme def. Remmy Skye, Magnifico and Perez Xtreme via pinfall (Rating: 60, Time: 21')

Cueball Lynch: Look at the replay, he hit him with a foreign object! Frankie should have been disqualified!

Alfonso Garcia: Don't miss Solsticio II on La Red De La Lucha, WrestleWorld or stream it. Thank you for watching us! This was Lucha, this was Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 58

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-22 a las 18.00.37.png

Live On

• Like 4

PREDICTIONS FOR SOLSTICIO II

The winner will have the opportunity to make a decision.

Accumulated points will be added.

SOLSTICIO II CARD

Jagged vs Magnifico

LAP Women's

Electric Dreamer ©️ vs Purple Viper

Amazing Fire Fly vs Pantera Roja

Chess Maniac vs ???

LAP Parejas (Tables Match)

Perez Xtreme (Frankie Perez & Jonnie Perez) ©️ vs Segunda Generación (El Hijo Del Neutron & Mustang Blanco Jr)

Main Event: LAP Lucha

Remmy Skye ©️ vs Frederique Antonio Garcia

(TIE-BREAKER) Which 3 matches will have the highest rating? (in order)

Jagged vs Magnifico

LAP Women's

Electric Dreamer ©️ vs Purple Viper

Chess Maniac vs ???

Perez Xtreme (Frankie Perez & Jonnie Perez) ©️ vs Segunda Generación (El Hijo Del Neutron & Mustang Blanco Jr)

Main Event: LAP Lucha

Remmy Skye ©️ vs Frederique Antonio Garcia

Perez Xtreme vs Segunda Generacion

Remmy Skye vs Frederique

Chess Maniac vs ???

• Like 1

Jagged vs Magnifico

Jagged is still floating around the top of the card and needs a win to build back his momentum

LAP Women's

Could see this going either way, but Purple Viper won on the go home show so guessing that was to build up as a threat but ultimately lose

Should be a great match, but Amazing Fire Fly has been a tag guy so far.

Chess Maniac vs ???

Chess Maniac is one of your top guys

Perez Xtreme (Frankie Perez & Jonnie Perez) ©️ vs Segunda Generación (El Hijo Del Neutron & Mustang Blanco Jr)

Frankie to get revenge for his injury

Frederique is popular, but I think you'll go for a younger guy to dethrone Remmy

Remmy vs Frederique

Perez Xtreme vs Segunda Generacion

Chess Maniac vs ???

• Like 1

Jagged vs Magnifico
Magnifico has had a fun role as Remmy's #2 ally, but of all the lucha guys at the tail end of their careers you've brought in, I feel like he's never really had a strong match unless matched up with a great opponent. I lean towards Jagged getting the win here

LAP Women's

Electric Dreamer ©️ vs Purple Viper
Electric Dreamer is IMO the best pure babyface women's wrestler in the game at the start that isn't locked up on a written deal, so I can't really see myself picking against her until she has an opponent with a really strong build

This has MOTN potential - I hope Pantera Roja gets a good PPV win since he's always felt like the bridesmaid in all of his big moments. I could see Fire Fly getting the win if you want to get behind a babyface lucha singles guy, as you don't really have any in your singles division that aren't on the backswing of their careers other than Sunburst. 

Chess Maniac vs ???
Am I crazy for thinking Chess Maniac's opponent is going to be Teresa Perez??? I can't see him losing to any babyface on your roster not occupied other than Axxis, who you would definitely announce for a match going into an event.

Perez Xtreme (Frankie Perez & Jonnie Perez) ©️ vs Segunda Generación (El Hijo Del Neutron & Mustang Blanco Jr)
Time for Frankie to move on to Remmy

Remmy Skye ©️ vs Frederique Antonio Garcia
If one of Grace's clients is ending Remmy's increasingly impressive streak and title reign, it sure as hell won't be Frederique

Perez Extreme vs Segunda Generación

Remmy Skye vs Frederique Antonio Garcia

• Like 1

Jagged vs Magnifico

Jagged is coming out of his feud with Remmy. I think he needs a win back to keep momentum up, but could see if easily going the other way. 

LAP Women's

Amazing Fire Fly vs Pantera Roja

I want to see Fire Fly break away from the tag scene and this could be his chance to do so. 

Chess Maniac vs ???

Respect Chess Maniac. If any name was written down I would back Chess Maniac. I think a sudden/shock debut or match up can lead to an upset against Chess Maniac 

Let's go Mustang get the title on him and Hijo and move Perez on after the injury. 

This is so close. I could see Frederique being the one to dethrone Remmy. It makes sense to a degree his teammate was in a burner feud to get Remmy primed for it. God I want Frederique to win but can't not back Remmy. He has been the guy for so long and him vs Chess Master or Axxis would be amazing

Remmy vs Frederique

Fire Fly vs Pantera 

Chess Maniac vs ???

Edited by HiPlus
  • Like 1

solsticio II.png

SOLSTICIO II

Sunday, Week 3, June 2021. Lucha Underground Temple, Los Angles, CA. Attendance: 2300 SELL OUT!

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome back to California, welcome to Solsticio II!

Mac Smith: Lucha Underground Temple, what a special place to be here tonight!

Cueball Lynch: It's sold out for a new attendance record in LAP. This is incredible guys.

Alfonso Garcia: We have an amazing card tonight. LAP Women's champion Electric Dreamer maker her fourth defence vs Purple Viper. Amazing Fire Fly vs Pantera Roja. LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme make their fourth defence against Segunda Generación in a Tables Match. And our Main Event, LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye vs Frederique Antonio Garcia!

solsticio II mini poster.png

Alfonso Garcia: And in our first match, Jagged vs Magnifico!

Mac Smith: This is the first time they meet in a singles match and I'm absolutely sure they really want to confront each other. Grace Harper's clients Jagged and Frederique Antonio Garcia interfered in a Title Match where Magnifico could have become the LAP Lucha champion because Jagged wanted to be the one to dethrone Remmy Skye. Magnifico has never forgotten about that and has become Remmy's best ally since then.

image.jpegimage.jpegw/ jagged_alt copia.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

JAGGED (w/ Grace Harper & Frederique Antonio Garcia) vs MAGNIFICO

A good match to work the crowd. "L-A-P, L-A-P!" chants to start the match and then the crowd cheered Magnifico, while Grace and Frederique interacted with the fans pissing them off. Magnifico hit Jagged with a diving crossbody and then went for the Magnifico Cradle, but Jagged anticipated his move and hit him with a superkick. Jagged hit Magnifico with the Jagged Edge. Grace and Frederique humiliated Magnifico after the match and Frederique even kicked Magnifico when he was lying on the mat making the crowd furious. Frederique replied with his classic catchphrase "shut up you sissies!".

Jagged def. Magnifico via pinfall (Rating: 55, Time: 10')

Cueball Lynch: I can't stand Frederique anymore, he behaves like a jerk.

lapbanner.png

Alfonso Garcia: Time for another match. LAP Women's champion Electric Dreamer vs Purple Viper.

Mac Smith: Dreamer is making her fourth defence tonight. Purple Viper earned this title shot after winning in a triple threat match against Dreamer's tag team partner Alina America and Simony Sentinel. Purple Viper hasn't lost a singles match since she debuted in LAP and at Época De Solsticio II, teaming up with Sentinel, she was able to defeat Las Eléctricas.

LAP WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Electric Dreamer.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

ELECTRIC DREAMER (c) vs PURPLE VIPER

This match was a car crash. After an elbow blow, Purple Viper hit Dreamer with a corkscrew splash and then tried to finish her with the Viper Bite, but Dreamer avoided being bitten with a few kicks to get rid of her opponent. Later the champion hit Purple Viper with a frog splash and, after she reversed another move, Electric Dreamer hit Purple Viper with the Electric Chair to retain.

Electric Dreamer def. Purple Viper via pinfall (Rating: 56, Time: 12')

Mac Smith: Another solid defence by Electric Dreamer.

lapbanner.png

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Amazing Fire Fly faces Pantera Roja.

Mac Smith: This was last year's Match Of The Year in LAP and surprisingly it was the Main Event of a This Is Lucha episode. There's no much build up for this match but I think the fans are eager to see if this match could be as good as it was the last time.

image.jpegvst copia.pngPhenomenal E_alt1.jpg

AMAZING FIRE FLY vs PANTERA ROJA

This match was full of dangerous aerial moves. Amazing Fire Fly delighted the fans with a tope con hilo early on the match. Pantera Roja delivered a marvelous 360º splash and then hit Amazing Fire Fly with the Feline Instinct but he kicked out at 2. Pantera dominated the next minutes with the best of his aerial arsenal until Amazing Fire Fly reversed a moonsault to a pin and Pantera kicked out at 2. Amazing Fire Fly hit Pantera with a senton but Pantera kicked out at 2. Finally Amazing Fire Fly hit the Sky High Fire Fly to win the match. The match wasn't as good as their previous one but it was enough to tie for Match Of The Night. After the match, Amazing Fire Fly offered his hand to Pantera and to the fans' surprise he accepted to shake it.

Amazing Fire Fly def. Pantera Roja via pinfall (Rating: 64, Time: 15')

Mac Smith: This has to be the best win for Amazing Fire Fly in LAP so far.

Cueball Lynch: Yes and also I'm seeing a change in attitude in Pantera.

lapbanner.png

Alfonso Garcia: In our next match, Chess Maniac faces a mystery opponent! Who could it be?

Cueball Lynch: Well Joanne Rodriguez said that he was LAP's latest signing. It could be anyone!

Mac Smith: Chess Maniac, who is unbeaten in 2021 in 1vs1 matches with a 10-0-0 record, is already in the ring waiting for his opponent's entrance...

Lee Pollitt's High In The Sky plays and at the drop of the song someone comes out jumping.

Flying Jimmy Foxx Solsticio Entrance.png

Alfonso Garcia: I can't believe it, I can't believe! That's Flying Jimmy Foxx!

Mac Smith: Wow! The crowd is jumping on their seats! The Foxx is one of the best highflyers in the world!

Chess Maniac.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

CHESS MANIAC vs FLYING JIMMY FOXX

It was all about storytelling. Flying Jimmy Foxx started the match full of energy and fueled by an enthusiastic crowd. The Foxx showed some of his best moves in the first minutes like a 450º splash that brought the crowd on its feet and was widely celebrated as one of the best spots of the night. Chess Maniac never got confused by the atmosphere of the match and stayed cold, slowing down The Foxx little by little. The Foxx hit Chess Maniac with his finisher the Flying Foxx... 1, 2... NO! Chess Maniac survived to the disbelief of The Foxx. More than 15 minutes into the match and Chess Maniac rolls up The Foxx but he kicks out at 2. Later the Foxx was diving for a senton when Chess Maniac puts his legs and The Foxx crashes, then Chess Maniac tries to submit The Foxx with the Checkmate. The Foxx had no option but to tap out.

Chess Maniac def. Flying Jimmy Foxx via submission (Rating: 59, Time 18')

Cueball Lynch: Flying Jimmy Foxx had an excellent debut in my opinion and despite this he couldn't defeat Chess Maniac.

Mac Smith: Chess Maniac is probably in the best form of his career.

lapbanner.png

Alfonso Garcia: Time for another Title Match, LAP Parejas champion Perez Xtreme make their fourth defence against Segunda Generación in a Tables Match!

Mac Smith: This is one of the longest and strongest rivalries in LAP history. These tag teams have met 4 times in 2vs2 matches and they are 2-2. They've already been in a Table Match at last season's finale event Lucha Fest where Segunda Generación defeated Perez Xtreme in one of the best matches in LAP history.

Cueball Lynch: There's so much story behind this match. Segunda Generación should have faced Perez Xtreme at Venganza II but Frankie Perez got injured and he said that it was Mustang Blanco who caused this injury but Mustang denied the accusations. Accidental or not, Frankie's injury heated up this Title Match even more.

Alfonso Garcia: Will the Tables Match stipulation be decisive?

Mac Smith: I think it will play its part in the match but in terms of favoring a team I don't think so, these tag teams are so even that it's very difficult to predict the winners.

LAP PAREJAS CHAMPIONSHIP (Tables Match)

Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpegvst copia.pngNeutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg

PEREZ XTREME (FRANKIE PEREZ & JONNIE PEREZ) (c) vs SEGUNDA GENERACIÓN (EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON & MUSTANG BLANCO JR)

Absolutely a car crash match Mustang went for the Acceleration in the second minute of the match but Frankie dodged it, though his expression changed and Segunda Generación took control of the match and cleared the ring. Neutron hit a brilliant springboard leg drop and then looked at Mustang for their combined finisher. Mustang ran as fast as possible to hit Jonnie with the Acceleration and then Neutron simulated a gun as usual to hit him with the Neutron Gun (running seated meteora). The Neutron Accelerator was completed and Jonnie was out. Neutron climbed to the top turnbuckle with Jonnie and launched him to break a table but Frankie caught his brother's body in the air. Segunda Generación went after Frankie but he, instead of leaving Jonnie on the ground decided to launch him against them with no regard of his brother's body. Frankie caught them completely off-guard and then hit Mustang with the P-Clutch. Frankie put Mustang on a table and then he broke it with and elbow drop.

Perez Xtreme def. Segunda Generación by Table Finish (Rating: 63, Time: 15')

Clueball Lynch: Oh man, Frankie has no respect for his brother. He treats him like trash.

Mac Smith: He sacrificed Jonnie to win the match.

lapbanner.png

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event guys, LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye vs Frederique Antonio Garcia.

Mac Smith: Remmy Skye is making his fifteenth defence of the LAP Lucha championship in this match. This streak is ridiculous, plus he is still undefeated in singles competition in LAP with a 20-0-1 record.

Cueball Lynch: It's a sensational mark. Frederique Antonio Garcia is in this Main Event with just two singles matches where he defeated Remmy's ally Magnifico at LAP x FCW Forbidden Gate and then El Toro De Oro Jr. Grace Harper's ability to showcase her clients has helped Frederique to get to the top of the card so quick, although to be fair Frederique has won all the matches he's been involved in: 1vs1, 2vs2 and even 4vs4. Frederique has performed at a really high level and obviously we can't forget that this is a match every single fan wants to see because Frederique is one of our most recognizable wrestlers...

Frederique Entrance Solsticio.png

Frederique Antonio Garcia makes his entrance accompanied by his manager Grace Harper and Jagged.

Alfonso Garcia: Let's face it guys, this is how a superstar looks like!

Rating: 66

Main Event: LAP LUCHA CHAMPIONSHIP

Remmy Skye.jpgvst copia.pngFrederique_alt1.jpg w/image.jpegimage.jpeg

REMMY SKYE (c) vs FREDERIQUE ANTONIO GARCIA (w/ Grace Harper & Jagged)

It was all about storytelling. Frederique had a strong start and that put Remmy on guard. Frederique hit Remmy with a DDT and then he hit the champion with a curb stomp. Remmy was in problems and the crowd chanted "Remmy, Remmy!". Skye regrouped and then hit Frederique with a meteora, but the challenger replied with a tremendous back breaker. Jagged was about to interfere in Frederique's favor but Grace Harper made a negative signal to him, as she looked confident in Frederique's odds. Anyway Jagged was left out of the equation later when Remmy sent Frederique out of the ring with a flying kick and he accidentally landed badly on Jagged. Back on the ring, Frederique regained the advantage and went for the Romeo Is Bleeding but Remmy reversed it and hit him with another flying kick before heading to the corner. The champion hit Frederique the Skye Diver to retain while Grace Harper put her hands on her head. Tied for Match Of The Night.

Remmy Skye def. Frederique Antonio Garcia via pinfall (Rating: 64, Time: 16')

Alfonso Garcia: And still LAP Lucha champion, Remmy Skye! What a night at the iconic Lucha Underground Temple. Thank you for watching us! This was Lucha, this was Lucha America Productions!

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-23 a las 10.15.25.png

Live On

• Like 5

PREDICTIONS CONTEST FOR SOLSTICIO II

@Charasmatic Enigma 5/6 + 5.5 accumulated point = 10.5 points

@HiPlus 4/6 + 6 accumulated points = 10 points

@John Lions 4/6 + 5.5 accumulated points = 9.5 points

@KyTeran 3/6 + 4 accumulated points = 7 points

Thank you for participating, as I said before I added all the accumulated points to Solsticio II predictions.

It was really a close contest, congratulations @Charasmatic Enigma you won by half a point. I'll send you a private message with your reward soon.

On 11/23/2023 at 8:50 AM, Charasmatic Enigma said:

Jagged vs Magnifico

Jagged is still floating around the top of the card and needs a win to build back his momentum

On 11/23/2023 at 9:29 AM, John Lions said:

Jagged vs Magnifico
Magnifico has had a fun role as Remmy's #2 ally, but of all the lucha guys at the tail end of their careers you've brought in, I feel like he's never really had a strong match unless matched up with a great opponent. I lean towards Jagged getting the win here

16 hours ago, HiPlus said:

Jagged vs Magnifico

Jagged is coming out of his feud with Remmy. I think he needs a win back to keep momentum up, but could see if easily going the other way. 

I thought a victory for Jagged was necessary too. It's always difficult to bounce back from an important feud where you don't finish on top, but Jagged is still very young and I think has shown he is already incredibly talented in-ring in this feud. I think I need to work much more on his character but it won't happen overnight.

Should be a great match, but Amazing Fire Fly has been a tag guy so far.

This has MOTN potential - I hope Pantera Roja gets a good PPV win since he's always felt like the bridesmaid in all of his big moments. I could see Fire Fly getting the win if you want to get behind a babyface lucha singles guy, as you don't really have any in your singles division that aren't on the backswing of their careers other than Sunburst. 

Amazing Fire Fly vs Pantera Roja

I want to see Fire Fly break away from the tag scene and this could be his chance to do so. 

I just can say that this match was the shortest way that I found to do what I want to do with each one of them.

On 11/23/2023 at 3:24 AM, KyTeran said:

Chess Maniac vs ???

Chess Maniac vs ???

Chess Maniac is one of your top guys

Chess Maniac vs ???
Am I crazy for thinking Chess Maniac's opponent is going to be Teresa Perez??? I can't see him losing to any babyface on your roster not occupied other than Axxis, who you would definitely announce for a match going into an event.

Chess Maniac vs ???

Respect Chess Maniac. If any name was written down I would back Chess Maniac. I think a sudden/shock debut or match up can lead to an upset against Chess Maniac 

I like that all of you rate Chess Maniac so high because it was the first time that I decided that a big new signing would lose in his debut and to beat Flying Jimmy Foxx I think it's a big deal.

I loved your guess @John Lions hahaha. It made sense but the truth is Chess Maniac interacted with them to turn heads to their story, if I ever break the men's/women's division I think it will be for a bigger match.

Frankie to get revenge for his injury

Perez Xtreme (Frankie Perez & Jonnie Perez) ©️ vs Segunda Generación (El Hijo Del Neutron & Mustang Blanco Jr)
Time for Frankie to move on to Remmy

Let's go Mustang get the title on him and Hijo and move Perez on after the injury. 

I really wanted to give Segunda Generación the title at Solsticio II and that's why it seemed like there were winning but the stars didn't align for them. I've been thinking a lot about the new schedule without a TV show and in fact it was the new schedule which determined this result. I think you'll find out in a few weeks in-game.

If we talk about reasoning, it made sense that Segunda Generación won this match, they had everything in their favor this time (stipulation, Frankie's injury...), I could justify Segunda Generación's victory in a million ways without hurting Perez Xtreme, but another big reason was that Perez Xtreme were my only heels holding titles. To have 5 out of 5 titles with babyface champions was too much in my opinion.

Frederique is popular, but I think you'll go for a younger guy to dethrone Remmy

Remmy Skye ©️ vs Frederique Antonio Garcia
If one of Grace's clients is ending Remmy's increasingly impressive streak and title reign, it sure as hell won't be Frederique

This is so close. I could see Frederique being the one to dethrone Remmy. It makes sense to a degree his teammate was in a burner feud to get Remmy primed for it. God I want Frederique to win but can't not back Remmy. He has been the guy for so long and him vs Chess Master or Axxis would be amazing

Frederique was the most popular guy in FCW, so I thought that an opportunist like Grace Harper who wants to dethrone Remmy at all costs would want to work with him. Frederique is performing well in the matches so far. There was no reason for me to give Frederique the belt so fast because I want the ratings Remmy vs Frederique can produce, so *spoiler alert* he will have another shot and then it will depend on what path I want the story to follow.

• Like 2

image.jpegimage.gif

FLYING JIMMY FOXX IS LAP!

Flying Jimmy Foxx has been hired by LAP on a 2-year exclusive contract worth $1700 per show.

"As soon as his contract with TCW expired, The Foxx became our priority. He's one of the most important home-grown talents from the West Coast in the past decades and we knew our fans would love his addition to the LAP roster. His debut match against Chess Maniac was wonderful by the way" said Lucha America Productions owner Joaquin Soler.

• Like 3

What can I say, it seems like a great time to start following the diary! Solsticio has been a fun event, and with only one show followed you were good at getting different wrestlers and their nuances well known.

Frederique indeed looks like a star, but it seems like Skye is having the run of his career. As a TCW guy, it was great to see Foxx in here! But I have to admit that I expected a W out of him lol.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Wrestling Machine
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 8:50 PM, Wrestling Machine said:

What can I say, it seems like a great time to start following the diary! Solsticio has been a fun event, and with only one show followed you were good at getting different wrestlers and their nuances well known.

Frederique indeed looks like a star, but it seems like Skye is having the run of his career. As a TCW guy, it was great to see Foxx in here! But I have to admit that I expected a W out of him lol.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your nice comments, I hope you enjoy the next events and it will be great to have you predicting too.

I always intend to recap rivalries to preview matches to make it easier to start to follow the diary at any point. It's an interesting period where LAP is moving back to an event schedule without a TV show.

one night of lucha mini.png

ONE NIGHT OF LUCHA 2021

Sunday, Week 4, June 2021. Coliseo Emilio E. Huyke, Humacao, Puerto Rico. Attendance: 1235

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to Puerto Rico, welcome to One Night Of Lucha!

Mac Smith: We have not seen the Coliseo like this in our previous visits to Puerto Rico!

Cueball Lynch: It's nice that LAP continues the tradition of FCW One Night Of FREEDOM with this event. I've never seen more than one thousand people in one of our events in Puerto Rico. The combination of FCW tradition and the LAP product has produced this success.

Alfonso Garcia: There's only one week left until Noche De Estrellas II. In our first match tonight, a Four Way Tag Team Match where Juggernightmare, The Hammers, The Puerto Rican Boys and Star Spangled Scramble fight for a Title Shot at the LAP Parejas titles.

Cueball Lynch: Kip Keenan and USAce form this new patriotic tag team, Star Spangled Scramble, and it's also USAce's debut in LAP. It's an interesting union, we'll see how they work together. All of these tag teams are formed by former FCW wrestlers and one of them will face LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme at Noche De Estrellas II.

LAP Parejas Title Shot Match

Joffy Laine.jpgimage.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Island Boy Apollo.jpgKid San Juan.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpeg

THE HAMMERS (JOFFY LAINE & OX MAXTADON) vs JUGGERNIGHTMARE (JUGGERNAUT JONES & MARTYR) vs THE PUERTO RICAN BOYS (ISLAND BOY APOLLO & KID SAN JUAN) vs STAR SPANGLED SCRAMBLE (KIP KEENAN & USACE)

These tag teams did a good job to work the crowd. Kip Keenan had a strong start of the match, although the Puerto Rican fans were supporting more the other babyface teams, The Puerto Rican Boys and The Hammers. Martyr tried to submit Kid San Juan with a mandible claw in one of the moments were Juggernightmare dominated the ring. In terms of pure strength The Hammers were superior and after cleaning the ring they hit USAce with the Double Hammer before Joffy Laine pinned him to win the match.

The Hammers def. Star Spangled Scramble, Juggernightmare and The Puerto Rican Boys via pinfall (Rating: 55, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: The Hammers will face Perex Xtreme for the LAP Parejas titles at Noche De Estrellas II. 

Phenomenal E_alt1.jpg image.jpeg

In the locker room we see Flying Jimmy Foxx approaching Pantera Roja.

Flying Jimmy Foxx: What's up, bro? You know, at Solsticio I got off with the wrong foot. But I'm planning something. I need a tag team partner, bro. I'm new here but I noticed everyone is talking about your change in attitude. Panther & The Foxx, just think about it. Panther & The Foxx.

(Flying Jimmy Foxx leaves and we see a close-up of Pantera Roja thinking)

Rating: 60

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Ricochet Ramone faces Máscara Roja Jr.

MÁSCARA ROJA JR vs RICOCHET RAMONE

They tried to steal the show but they fell short. Ricochet Ramone hit Máscara Roja Jr with the Ricochet Senton.

Ricochet Ramone def. Máscara Roja Jr via pinfall (Rating: 44, Time: 8')

Cueball Lynch: Ricochet Ramone is the perfect example of a successful transition from FCW to LAP. I'm very happy for everything that he's accomplishing...

image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

Suddenly Samael The Executioner surprises Ricochet Ramone attacking him from behind. Samael hits him with The Execution and Ramone lies on the ground motionless. The crowd boos him loudly and Samael's manager Raven Nightfall takes a microphone. 

Raven Nightfall: The Executioner made your FCW revolutionary leader Bradford Peverell leave LAP. The Executioner defeated your idol Kip Keenan. The Executioner finished Rob Reynolds' career in LAP. And The Executioner will destroy your 'pretty boy' Ricochet Ramone!

(The Puerto Rican crowd chants "Samael sucks, Samael sucks!" and Samael laughs maliciously)

Rating: 56

Cueball Lynch: I still don't understand the reason behind their animosity against everything related to FCW and Puerto Rico. Why all this hate?

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, LAP People's champion Sunburst makes his fifth defence against Rudy Velasquez.

Mac Smith: Sunburst is on the rise and Rudy Velasquez takes part in a singles match in LAP for the first time.

Sunburst.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

SUNBURST (c) vs RUDY VELASQUEZ

It was a car crash match. After they were even in the first minutes, Rudy Velasquez put a finger in Sunburst's eye and it was just the first of dirty tricks he used in the match. The crowd chanted "Sunburst, Sunburst!" frequently during the match and the champion started to take over. The champion put the crowd on its feet with a Sunsault and a Shooting Sun Star Press. Sunburst hit Rudy Velasquez with the Sun-Spot to retain.

Sunburst def. Rudy Velasquez via pinfall (Rating: 57, Time: 13')

Alfonso Garcia: And Sunburst is still the LAP People's champion!

Chess Maniac.jpg Sunburst.jpg

Chess Maniac comes out to confront Sunburst.

Chess Maniac: Sunburst, it's time to make my final move. You will have to face me at Noche De Estrellas II. The sun won't shine for you after I apply my Checkmate to you. That belt of yours will be mine very soon.

Rating: 43

Alfonso Garcia: Wow, what a match for Noche De Estrellas II! And now it's time for another match, Fire Attack vs Los Rubios Canadienses.

Mac Smith: Fire Attack are 6-4-0 in 2vs2 matches in LAP, while Los Rubios Canadienses have a 2-4-0 record. They met one time this year and Fire Attack won.

image.jpegimage.jpegvst copia.pngFlash Savage.jpgOzzie Goldstein.jpg

FIRE ATTACK (AMAZING FIRE FLY & RAPIDO) vs LOS RUBIOS CANADIENSES (FLASH SAVAGE & OZZIE GOLDSTEIN)

Match Of The Night. It was full of dangerous aerial moves. Amazing Fire Fly, coming off a very prestigious win against Pantera Roja at Solsticio II, was unsurprisingly the start of the match. Los Rubios Canadienses were close to win the match when Flash Savage pinned Rapido with the Flash Roll-Up, but Amazing Fire Fly saved his partner. Later Amazing Fire Fly surprised the fans with a wonderful frog splash and then he hit Flash Savage with the Sky High Fire Fly to win the match.

Fire Attack def. Los Rubios Canadienses via pinfall (Rating: 58, Time 14')

Mac Smith: Solid win for Fire Attack.

Alfonso Garcia: In our next match, Axxis Jr faces Davis Wayne Newton.

Mac Smith: Last Supercopa De La Lucha winner Axxis Jr is 12-0-0 in 1vs1 matches in LAP.

Cueball Lynch: "The Triple Threat" DWN is still looking for his first win in LAP.

Axxis Jr.jpgvst copia.pngDavis Wayne Newton.jpg

AXXIS JR vs DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON

They tried to steal the show but it was only a decent match. The crowd supported Axxis Jr during the entire match, showing his status as one of the fan favorites in Puerto Rico. Axxis Jr hit Davis Wayne Newton with the Gravity Axxisault.

Axxis Jr def. Davis Wayne Newton via pinfall (Rating: 51, Time: 10')

Ultimate Phoenix.jpg

Ultimate Phoenix takes a microphone.

Ultimate Phoenix: I have something to say. My friend Eléctrico had an outstanding last match in LAP at Eléctrico La Leyenda. But there's one thing that I can't forget. All the LAP roster gave Eléctrico a hallway after his last match. Even Pantera Roja, who was his archrival, congratulated Eléctrico. Except one man, and that man was Hijo Del Relampago! He had the honor to face Eléctrico in his last match and he just left without saying a word after the match. I can't forget your disrespectful action, Relampago!

Hijo Del Relampago.jpg

Hijo Del Relampago comes out to listen to Ultimate Phoenix.

Ultimate Phoenix: I want to face you at Noche De Estrellas II, Relampago.

Hijo Del Relampago: Sorry Phoenix, but I'm not interested.

Ultimate Phoenix: You're not interested in facing me? What the hell you want?

(Hijo Del Relampago smirks)

Hijo Del Relampago: I will only face you if you put your career on the line, Phoenix.

(Some people in the crowd shout "NOOOO!" while Phoenix makes a pause to think about it)

Ultimate Phoenix: Ok Relampago, we have a deal.

Rating: 43

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event, LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye and Magnifico take on Grace Harper's clients Jagged & Frederique.

Mac Smith: Remmy Skye will defend the LAP Lucha title vs Frederique Antonio Garcia again at Noche De Estrellas II. This match is a great opportunity to warm up for a big match like this and obviously there are many long time rivalries involved here.

Main Event:

image.jpegRemmy Skye.jpgvst copia.pngjagged_alt copia.jpgFrederique_alt1.jpg w/image.jpeg

MAGNIFICO & REMMY SKYE vs JAGGED & FREDERIQUE (JAGGED & FREDERIQUE ANTONIO GARCIA w/ Grace Harper)

In this match they made references to their previous confrontations meaning storytelling was the key in this match. Remmy Skye dominated Jagged to kick off the match and then Magnifico looked good facing Frederique, who only seemed to have a slight advantage over him. But Grace Harper had an ace up her sleeve and she took a pack of thumbtacks out of her pocket and proceeded to throw them into the ring. The ref saw the thumbtacks and began to remove them with his foot, but Frederique used the distraction to enter the ring to attack Magnifico with the Romeo Is Bleeding. The ref didn't notice the dirty trick and Jagged pinned Magnifico to win the match. Grace Harper celebrated their clients victory in a big way.

Jagged & Frederique def. Magnifico & Remmy Skye via pinfall (Rating: 56, Time: 18')

Alfonso Garcia: Don't miss Noche De Estrellas II this Sunday! Thank you for watching us tonight. This was Lucha, this was Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 58

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-25 a las 22.24.33.png

Live On

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 3