SZW - Sydney Zone Wrestling (CVerse 2020)

Just want to pop in and say I'm absolutely loving this.

Love Aussie CV. Brings me back to my YEPW diary run in 16 I think it was.

I'm not quite caught up yet as I haven't been on the boards in quite awhile (only popped on yesterday for a gander and saw some diaries I wanted to check out, this one caught my eye). I'll catch up soon and look forward to joining the discussion. 

• Like 1

e5e338b3bacd71a5ec27432ef00df38b.png

Backstage

Nothing, no drama. Great times.

@619 @John Lions @Aura Interesting to see everyone talk so highly about Dizzy G, he is certainly one of the guys I enjoy writing more on promo time and I love his different appeal to being a more cocky talker in the ring. As John mentioned he is small and would look better with a heater at his side, which was meant to be "Worldwide" but in kayfabe he put an end to that idea. He is definitely someone I didn't expect to have a big role in the diary at all and end up being enhancement talent so the fact he is getting this reception is great. 

@DAVEFAN95 Pleasure to have you here mate, always love more guys seeing the Aussie CVerse, can't wait to see what you deliver now that you're back. 

• Like 4

Pinnacle

image.jpeg e2BX96L.jpg ~ CsUkZ96.jpg

Lone Rider & Taniko Jo ~ Paul

Lone Rider was in the back once again talking to his father about the chance of him having a match for the SZW Australian Championship. Paul unfortunately broke the news that the new champions schedule has already filled up very quickly with the Adrian McGhee already having matches booked, something that Adrian had taken upon himself.

Lone Rider would be getting a shot at Adrian McGhee at SZW Fully Loaded in three months, and if he was still champion then it would be for the SZW Australian Championship. When Lone Rider asked what he meant by “if”, Paul explained that Adrian McGhee will be putting the SZW Australian Championship on the line against Blackwell Bush at Sydney’s Finest after Bush’s comments last month. An bothered looking Lone Rider stormed out of the locker room area as Taniko Jo followed trying to calm him down.

2FzKieE.jpg vs WV9Zke2.jpg

Armando Guerrero vs Johnathan Wesker

To start things off for the night we saw the Mexican Patriot himself Armando Guerrero in the ring against Johnathan Wesker. The plan was simple and just keep Armando relevant in the midcard by picking up a win while working with a junior act in Johnathan Wesker. This was a good start to the show with Armando putting in some work.

Winner: Armando Guerrero

Rating: 36

QJsl0hY.jpg

Blackwell Bush

Blackwell got an incredible brief moment on the microphone saying he was getting exactly what he deserved, he had earned the title shot and was glad he would be getting it at Sydney’s Finest. Next month at Recipe for Disaster he would be having a “tune up” match so the fans should all “tune in”.

(I don’t think he realises we aren’t actually broadcasting anywhere, but still you “tune in” to DVDs right? Man... he isn't good on the mic.)

1tYm8Ph.jpg vs DaNOVJD.jpg

Lee Bawes vs Banky Bremner

Bawes continued his winning ways, this time against the other half on Wild Youth when he took on Banky Bremner. There wasn’t anything special leading into this match up. This was another solid match building on the previous one with Lee Bawes having a better partner to work with.

Winner: Lee Bawes

Rating: 38

tMvBC5T.jpg ~ iu5oWQK.jpg

The Kipper ~ Delbert DeGeorge

The Kipper found himself in the ring being interviewed by Delbert DeGeorge. The Kipper said it wouldn’t matter if Adrian McGhee was the champion, or if Lone Rider was champion. In four months when he challenges for the SZW Australian Championship, there is only one guy leaving the ring with the gold around his waist. He planned to become a two-time champion.

Delbert reminded The Kipper he would have a match the month before at Fully Loaded against Adgee Cross, which The Kipper reminded him he had already beaten once before, and when it is an Aussie Rules match, where there has to be a winner.

ETfkxnV.jpg vs Ro2HPi1.jpg

Adgee Cross vs Michael Rheur

A match between a man who acted as the gatekeeper of the division and a man who looked to continue his winning streak. After listening to the comments made by his future opponent The Kipper, Adgee came out full of energy riding the high of his Main Event win last month. This match struggled a little due to Michael Rheur being tired by the midway point, but Adgee Cross was able to come out looking like a champion.

Winner: Adgee Cross

Rating: 37

1E5XSp9.jpg

Vortex

Previously the montage ended with Vortex showing a clip of his injury and the voice over talking about the sacrifice he had made for this sport. Now for the first time in SZW Vortex made his way out in front of the crowd.

“I am here in the flesh. To show you all I have overcome my injury.”

Without further elaboration or discussion or even taking a moment to soak in the crowd Vortex leaves the ring, leaving everyone in the crowd as perplexed as the commentary team.

buZEmzm.jpg   image.jpeg vs g8xzi6z.jpg  5kBJS1p.jpg

The Runway vs Smokers & Suplexes

A match set from last month between two teams who showed some respect for one another, but also felt like they were both teams ready to step up and challenge for the SZW Tag-Team Championship. This match featured four extremely talented individuals with a lot of expectation on the match. This match delivered in spades with everyone performing well, and Michel Bernard showing exactly why I have begun to rely on him so much.

Winners: Smokers & Suplexes

Rating: 49

g8xzi6z.jpg  5kBJS1p.jpg

Smokers & Suplexes

Brown Snake gets on the microphone while Fuzzy Freeman ends up along the barricade with the crowd. Brown Snake says this should solidify them as a tag-team they have beaten Two-Faced Bombers, they have beaten The Runway. The only other people they haven’t beaten besides the champions would be Wild Youth. This was their official challenge to Wild Youth, they wanted to take on Wild Youth to show they can beat any tag-team in the company.  

SZW Sydney Championship Match

image.jpeg vs image.jpeg

Peril vs Dizzy G

This was the match promised from last month and saw me take on the SZW Sydney Champion Dizzy G. Now this was a chance for me to solidify myself as a guy in the company and step out of Adrian McGhee’s shadow to an extent. In the main event of SZW. The match struggled to compete with the previous one as they put on a great performance but I still had a good outing against Dizzy G and I was able to capture my first solo title in the history of my career and become the SZW Sydney Champion.

Winner: Peril

Rating: 42

image.jpeg image.jpeg

The Devoted Souls

Adrian McGhee came out to join me in the ring and held my hand high as I clutched the SZW Sydney Championship and the SZW Tag-Team Championship in either hand. Before eventually getting his own titles so we could pose with all the gold in SZW. Adrian McGhee then got on the microphone as the celebrations continued.

“We are undefeated in this company, we have defeated every team in the back, we have defeated every champion that stood before us. Hell, we even beat two people from the crowd one month. Next month we want a real challenge, an actual challenge. Maybe we should face someone from another company, hell we will put our tag-team titles on the line next month against a premier tag-team from elsewhere.”

Adrian McGhee laid down the statement and hyped up our match for next month in a tag-team contest that would see us take on a “big name” tag-team in the Main Event at Recipe for Disaster.

• Like 8

On 9/24/2023 at 1:12 PM, John Lions said:

Agree with the comments on Dizzy G, but I think he's missing something to be a top tier heel - he's such a small guy running his mouth that I think he could benefit from having a heater in his corner, or else he's going to find he bit off more than he can chew.

First-time commenter here, but here's my thought on this...

This Dizzy G sounds a lot like Eddie Gilbert back in his Mid-South/UWF, Continental and USWA days IRL - but if Dizzy G is anything like Gilbert was, he'll make a mighty effective loudmouth heel on the mic and a major annoyance (with some muscle-for-hire for backup) to the top babyface stars in SZW.  😎

Edited by Old School Fan
Info added
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, HiPlus said:

@DAVEFAN95 Pleasure to have you here mate, always love more guys seeing the Aussie CVerse, can't wait to see what you deliver now that you're back. 

Thanks. Enjoying this and glad Aussie CV is getting love. I actually don't have any plans to write anything. Been playing an East Coast Wars game in CV97 might do something with that. Though, after I talked about YEPW, I revisited it and I really loved that project, might restart that in 20. We'll see. 😊

All caught up. 

Now for thoughts... I love Adrian McGhee. He's an under-rated worker in the aussie indy scene. So, I'm glad he's getting some glory here. The Devoted Souls Storyline... I like the idea, but one guy is the booker. I see egotistical booking. Maybe Paul gets involved and we see some more clashes backstage. Interested to see where it goes. 

In terms of Dizzy G, I could see him as a top guy, but he needs people around him to make him seem like a big deal. The issue that he's small and has a big mouth isn't really a problem. That being said with him beltless, let's see what he does. 

Edited by DAVEFAN95
  • Like 1

You've really got your long-term booking in place with matches set up for the next four shows. I particularly love the stacking of Australian Championship matches with Bush challenging in two months, Lone Rider in three and Kipper or Cross in four. After what happened with McGhee, I won't make the mistake of looking past Bush. I even wondered if Kipper not mentioning him could be a deliberate misdirect.

What a rating for a tag match that didn't even feature the champions, while I like that you're taking Vortex in a unique direction. With so much else set up, it feels like you have the luxury to take it fairly slowly with him if you want.

It's always good when your midcard title match and its participants are built well enough to carry a main event, and it made sense to go all in on The Devoted Souls' unbeaten record driving them to all the gold. I look forward to seeing who comes in to face them: it sounds like a main event so I figure it's going to be quite a good team.

• Like 1

Glad to see my boy Blackwell getting a title shot, and even getting some mic time (knowing how much work he needs in that department). If you give him and Adrian over 15 minutes, I could see it being your best match up to this point.

I can see the arguments for the head booker having himself go undefeated and now holding two titles, but for smaller companies it's a tale as old as time - the worker you can rely on in a pinch the most is yourself. Also, I'd wager Peril was a pivot from Dizzy G's planned storylines which all went up in smoke with his mentor announcing his retirement. Now the Devoted Souls will go down in the record books of SZW and likely be the only two men to hold two titles at once. Your locker room of heels was pretty much empty of credibility with the veterans you brought in not panning out, and now you have two big bad guys who fill that spot.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Not sure how I feel about Peril winning the Sydney Championship. It definitely solidifies the Devoted Souls as the dominant mega heels of the promotion, but I really liked what Dizzy G has been doing with the championship and him dropping it so suddenly is kind of a bummer. I kind of figured him losing the title would be built off his growing ego, but him losing clean to another heel makes me wonder what's next for him. On the plus side the match itself delivered better than I thought given neither has been at the highest level when it comes to in ring performances. That being said we haven't seen the follow through yet, so I really shouldn't judge it yet.

Other random thought I had on the card:

• Lone Rider's anger about Blackwell Bush potentially winning the title before him are interesting. I could see him "accidently" cost Bush the match to ensure he gets his title shot and potentially build to a heel turn.
  • I loved Blackwell Bush's awkward promo and hope he gets more chances to flub lines in the future.
  • Lee Bawes is on quite the winning streak. Adrian's title defense schedule seems to be pretty well booked out, but I could see him suplexing Peril in the near future.
  • If I were Adgee Cross I might be a bit annoyed Kipper is already looking past their match to hype up a title match for three months out.
  • I have no idea where Vortex's weird vignettes are going, but now I kind of hope he just keeps making cryptic statements and never actually wrestles.
  • That tag team match certainly delivered. I like Smokers & Suplexes, and I'm hoping that they can put an early end to the Devoted Souls monopolization of the belts. I could certainly see the champions forray as singles competitiors resulting in them losing a bit of focus when it comes to their tag team wrestling.
  • I hope the big name team that Devoted Souls wrestle is Crazy Train and Sulphur; aka Hell on Wheels.
  • Like 2

I didn't see this Lee Bawes push coming, but I'm all for it. I'm a fan of the idea of this old-school wrestler showing up out of nowhere and suplexing everyone in sight. He's been a fun, unexpected addition to the company.

I said that I thought that Dizzy G has what it takes to be a big star, and I still believe it even after he lost his belt. Granted, I'll agree that him being smaller than most of the roster does hurt him a bit. I'm still convinced that he can be huge down the line if none of the other companies doesn't snatch him up, though. I'm eager to see where he goes next.

Also, there's the very notable point that all of the championships in the company are the property of one tag team now. I wonder how long The Devoted Souls will be able to keep themselves at the top of the mountain, especially with there being a good amount of solid contenders waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

Backstage

No backstage incidents two months in a row! Let’s go!

@619 I can assure you it was a deliberate misdirect, more that I looked over the challenge of Bush when preparing the scripts in essence lol. That was all me. Definitely doing a slow burn build on Vortex for now as you're right there is more than enough going on elsewhere on the shows. 

@DAVEFAN95 I am also a big fan of Adrian McGhee as well @Old School Fan I love all the talk about Dizzy G, he was someone I didn't rate when starting the diary but to see him getting so much attention makes me feel bad for pulling the trigger on his title reign just as he was building up. Definitely see how he needs to have a heater so to speak to just increase him as a threat as he does the other things well.

@Tiberious @Aura I didn't actually realise that Lee Bawes was on a streak to be honest. Good to see him apparently getting over without doing too much at this stage. Again so many thoughts on Dizzy G and they all sort of align with the reasons why he lost the title more due to the Devoted Souls storyline than him doing anything wrong himself sadly. I also wish I bought in the team of Sulphur and Crazy Train. In fact that may definitely happen even if it is as enhancement talent because that is just too good not to use. 

• Like 4

Recipe for Disaster

QJsl0hY.jpg vs 7KwsJ3c.jpg

Blackwell Bush vs Lloyd Banks

Straight into the action tonight with the first match of the night. Blackwell Bush had promised a “tune up” match ahead of his upcoming SZW Australian Championship match with Adrian McGhee. Everyone had expected it to be a bigger name, but it was a man who went by the name Lloyd Banks getting a chance to show his stuff on the show. Because it was a tune up match, I let Blackwell Bush dictate it and he wanted a long match with a slow build. Damn did he prove to handle that well carrying the match to an amazing level, and producing the best match in company history.

Winner: Blackwell Bush

Rating: 52

mZQLZmt.jpg    DaNOVJD.jpg 

Wild Youth

Wild Youth hit the ring next as we tried to hype up the crowd. Wild Youth wanted to address a few things, starting with how The Devoted Souls sought to bring in outside talent to compete against them and put their titles on the line. Wild Youth said sure they may have lost before, but they were more than willing to fight The Devoted Souls every day of the week until they beat them. Speaking of beating people Wild Youth would like to formally accept the offer extended by Smokers & Suplexes and will challenge them next month at Sydney’s Finest with the winner earning a shot at the SZW Tag-Team Championship in the future.

HtqS0MY.jpg vs tMvBC5T.jpg

Trehawke Phillips vs The Kipper

It had been some time since Trehawe and The Kipper had faced off against one another in a one-on-one match, in fact it was over a year since The Kipper had successfully defended his title against Trehawke Phillips when he was the inaugural SZW Australian Champion. This match was on par with their previous title match, but Trehawke Phillips certainly looked exhausted out there.

Winner: The Kipper

Rating: 37

ETfkxnV.jpg vs iu5oWQK.jpg

Adgee Cross ~ Delbert DeGeorge

Adgee Cross got an interview with Delbert DeGeorge this week to talk about the fact in two months he would face off against The Kipper with the winner going on to challenge for the SZW Australian Championship at Final Chapter. Adgee Cross said he hoped the champion heading into the match would be Lone Rider as he had always pictured in his head “The Boss” Adgee Cross picking up the win against Lone Rider to capture his first SZW Championship, somewhat brushing over the fact he would be facing The Kipper the month before. Adgee Cross and Delbert DeGeorge put on a great segment out there.

2FzKieE.jpg vs 3AwNKEX.jpg

Armando Guerrero vs Austin Tahere

Armando Guerrero looked to continue his winning ways once again facing off against a much less experienced opponent. This time he got a chance to tussle with Austin Tahere in one-on-one action. I wasn’t expecting much from this match. Which ended up being a decent showing, while Austin struggled being center stage instead of the pre-show.

Winner: Armando Guerrero

Rating: 36

z2ighlG.jpg

Dizzy G

A dejected Dizzy G makes his way out in front of the fans. There is a lot less insulting and rapping going on by the usually high energy Dizzy G tonight who is without the SZW Sydney Championship. Dizzy G came out here for a short statement, saying he will be getting his title back next month at Sydney’s Finest when he takes on Peril in his rematch for the title.

MSDJXZV.jpg vs 4LRN8lg.jpg

Lone Rider vs Two-Face Tucker

Lone Rider came out in his first match post losing the SZW Australian Championship facing off against a man so far down the totem pole he had only one match this year on the main card Two-Face Tucker. Lone Rider didn’t get a good opponent to showcase his abilities against, but he worked well with what he had before him and delivered a strong match in what was a convincing win.

Winner: Lone Rider

Rating: 45

image.jpeg   image.jpeg ~ VzTbpNm.jpg   rufdlYA.jpg

The Devoted Souls ~ The 3AM Boys

Adrian McGhee and I came out sporting championships across our shoulders made our way down to the ring. The SZW Tag-Team Championships, SZW Sydney Championship and SZW Australian Championship were all in our possession proving that we had dominated everyone in this company. Which brings us to tonight. We wanted something different. We wanted what we labelled as "real" opponents, someone with credibility before announcing the 3AM Boys from Revolution Australia Wrestling (RAW) would be our opponents. The duo of Marcus Kerr and Matt Stoppard made their way out to a lot of cheers from the crowd as they performed their entrance.

SZW Tag-Team Championship Match

VzTbpNm.jpg   rufdlYA.jpg vs image.jpeg   image.jpeg

The 3AM Boys vs The Devoted Souls

Preparing for this match was big, after all when we started talking to Marcus Kerr and Matt Stoppard, I thought that RAW would instantly refuse to let these guys even show up on our roster. They allowed us to grab them for the night which was a big get and showed that people in other companies are open to working with us. Opening the flood gates in my mind.  I thought they may have a problem with letting myself and Adrian McGhee pick up the win. Which it looked like Matt was going to speak up when I told him the plan for the finish of the match, but Adrian McGhee made it clear where this match was going and Matt seemed to keep his mouth shut. Normally this would have been a great match, but much like the match before it was overshadowed by the opening contest.

Winners: The Devoted Souls

Rating: 45

• Like 5

Wow, what a harmonious workplace now that Kelly is outTahere. I enjoyed seeing Lloyd Banks show up and an opening match between @John Lions' favourite TEW overachiever and the man who has possibly been mine on TEW2020, especially that it delivered such a great rating, though it seemed from the write-up that Bush contributed to that more than Banks.

I feel like you hinted previously that one of Kipper, Cross or Lone Rider may turn heel over the course of this current title pursuit. I think you've provided sufficient shades of grey to the story so far for it to feel like a plausible development for any of them, so I really like the uncertainty over who will end the year as champion, how they get there and how the people who miss out might react. It's being very nicely built.

It was a great show of SZW's growth to be able to get a RAW act on the card and rightly have them put The Devoted Souls over, while Lone Rider matching the main event rating with an unremarkable opponent is a positive marker of his progress.

• Like 2

Not often that you see the opening match show up everyone else on the card, but I guess that you can never underestimate Blackwell Bush. That does make me wonder if Lloyd Banks will get invited back for another show on the main card. On one hand, Bush probably did a lot of heavy lifting in that match, but on the other, having the best match in company history sounds like a pretty good audition to me.

Edited by Aura
  • Like 1

Backstage

image.jpeg   1E5XSp9.jpg

Adrian McGhee ~ Vortex

Backstage Adrian McGhee and Vortex showed up insanely late to the venue stating some clearly made-up excuse, the pair were travelling to the show together. I didn’t want to rock the boat too much with my tag-team partner so a stern warning for both guys resulted in no issues.

@Voeltzwagon He definitely has the air of being the best bout machine for the company, similar to Michel Bernard vein where he can mix it up with anyone and just deliver in a stunning performance. 

@619 I appreciate the Tahere pun, but yes such a more pleasant place without him there. Even Adrian and Saul had been good for a couple of months post the firing of Kelly. It is nice to know Lloyd Banks has been overachieving in your own TEW game. He is a guy who I just like seeing around, though it was certainly Bush that carried the match. I've definitely tried to build the main title as a anyone could be leaving Final Chapter as champion with both Adrian McGhee being the champion and Bush, Lone Rider, Adgee/Kipper all getting matches in the lead up and during the final show. Lone Rider has grown so much in my books by getting solid performances which I love seeing I can have faith in him. 

@Aura You aren't wrong having the best match ever in a throw away match in essence certainly has done big things, more so where Bush is concerned. But I always need folks to eat a pin. 

• Like 5

Sydney's Finest

ETfkxnV.jpg ~ tMvBC5T.jpg

Adgee Cross ~ The Kipper

The two men who had both been picking up wins now that they had gone their separate ways were a month away from their own Aussie Rules match which would ensure that one of the men would be walking out of the ring as a winner. No disqualification, no count outs the only way to win was for one man to pin or submit the other. This would ensure there is a winner and set the stage for Final Chapter where they would go on to face the SZW Australian Champion. 

Finally standing in the ring with one another for the first time since they were both in the New Year Riot Rumble at the start of the year seven months ago the duelling chants from the crowd were a strong opener but it was clear The Kipper chants were a little louder before both men got their chance to hype themselves and one another on the microphone until there was nothing left to say and a close stand off and handshake to end the segment.

SZW Sydney Championship Match

z2ighlG.jpg vs image.jpeg

Dizzy G vs Peril ©

The opening contest was a rematch between Dizzy G and Peril for the Sydney Championship. Coming off what was a major win last month I had become the most over talent alongside Adrian McGhee in the company, which was surreal to think about, but with everyone picking up their game recently it may be short lived. My undefeated streak continued with me picking up another big win against the former champion Dizzy G, using my size to my advantage during the match. This was a good opening match for the show, and only slightly down on our last match against each other.

Rating: 41

1E5XSp9.jpg ~ image.jpeg

Vortex ~ Peril

Vortex came out after the match with a microphone in hand to address Peril (Me) as much as he was going to address the entire crowd.

“I have shown that I overcame my injury, now I want to show I am a champion.”

I looked to grab the microphone to reply to Vortex but as I turned back to face the potential challenger, he had already left the stage leaving myself and the crowd once again bewildered by the enigmatic character.

lNHvBDC.jpg vs image.jpeg

Jake D’Angelo vs Michel Bernard

I hate to use the term a throw away match when Michel Bernard was in the ring, but that is exactly what this was. I needed a match to split up the segments and with everyone else involved in storylines or matches tonight. This was a chance to get Michel Bernard on the card in a short match. Jake D'Angelo came away with a surprising win when he grabbed the tights of Michel Bernard for a quick roll up finish. Even more surprising was the performance Michel Bernard was able to pull out of Jake D’Angelo putting on a great match.

Winner: Jake D’Angelo

Rating: 48

image.jpeg e2BX96L.jpg

Lone Rider & Taniko Jo

Lone Rider came out after a win last month was demanding for another match against anyone backstage. He didn’t care who is the champion at the end of the night, next month he was going to recapture the SZW Australian Championship. He didn’t care who won between The Kipper or Adgee Cross he would beat the winner at Final Chapter. He heard everyone backstage talking about Blackwell Bush last month and what a performance he had put on, he wanted a strong opponent to show just how good in the ring he is.

image.jpeg vs 2FzKieE.jpg

Lone Rider vs Armando Guerrero

The Mexican Patriot was the one to answer the call of Lone Rider and he was my pick to pull out an impressive match from Lone Rider. In the back Lone Rider wanted to show he could put on one of the best matches in the company history and he had his chance tonight against one of the veteran talents in Armando Guerrero. This did exactly that and was easily a Top 5 match for the company with both men doing extremely well.

Winner: Lone Rider

Rating: 49

g8xzi6z.jpg  5kBJS1p.jpg

Smokers & Suplexes

Smokers & Suplexes came out to the crowd with the usual act of Fuzzy Freeman lounging around the ringside area as the more confident on the microphone Brown Snake got in the ring to declare the partnership as the number one contenders for the SZW Tag-Team Championships, stating that Wild Youth wouldn't be challenging them tonight. Even though they had accepted the match, for whatever reason Wild Youth are ducking them.

The Devoted Souls claimed to have beaten every team in the company, but they hadn’t beaten Smokers & Suplexes since their formation in the company and come Final Chapter they will end the reign of terror that is The Devoted Souls. Still they wanted a match tonight and welcomed any opponents to come out and face them. 

g8xzi6z.jpg  5kBJS1p.jpg vs HtqS0MY.jpg  FaVHFiO.jpg

Smokers & Suplexes vs Trehawke Phillips & Saul Rubennick

The newest tag-team were looking to pick up some momentum as they are two months away from their first ever title match and this time they got to face off against Trehawke Phillips & Saul Rubennick who had teamed a few times before and teamed up once again out of the blue, something I wanted to avoid. Still a good match carried by Smokers & Suplexes

Winner: Smokers & Suplexes

Rating: 38

SZW Australian Championship Match

QJsl0hY.jpg vs image.jpeg

Blackwell Bush vs Adrian McGhee ©

This match had a significant amount of hype around it as Blackwell Bush pulled out an amazing match last month and Adrian McGhee is coming off a win against one of the most popular acts he had faced in his career. This match delivered on all fronts with both Adrian McGhee and Blackwell Bush putting on performances on the exact same level as one another and it was able to become the new best match in company history and rightfully so having two men actually on the roster holding that title. Adrian McGhee picked up a big win as he heads into Fully Loaded next month.

Winner: Adrian McGhee

Rating: 54

image.jpeg   image.jpeg

The Devoted Souls

This time it was my chance to come out and join my tag-team partner after his title defence to close out the show. With Adrian McGhee and I standing tall once again with all the gold in the company. Still the challengers were rising as Adrian was set to face off against Lone Rider next month for the SZW Australian Championship and would then face off against one of Adgee Cross or The Kipper at Final Chapter if he won. While we were both going to take on Smokers & Suplexes at Final Chapter for the SZW Tag-Team Championship and who knows when I would face the mysterious Vortex for the SZW Sydney Championship. All of that could not take away what has been the most dominant tag-team and individual performances for the past two years by the both of us.

• Like 5

Backstage

Another month with no issues, although I would like to address one thing. I definitely forgot I had pre-booked Smokers & Suplexes vs Wild Youth last month, but I had forgotten about that by the time we planned the show and no one chose to speak up. Hence Wild Youth not making it, but I plan to use that as a storyline prompt down the line now. 

• Like 5

Fully Loaded

QJsl0hY.jpg ~ buZEmzm.jpg

Blackwell Bush ~ XS

One half of The Runway ran into Blackwell Bush backstage who seemed to be in an upset mood after his loss last month. XS told Blackwell he has a look, and he could certainly improve it if he lost the piercing in his eyebrow. Blackwell took a slight to that and asked if XS had plans next month at Final Chapter to which XS said no. Blackwell Bush said he did now as he challenged XS to a one-on-one matc. XS only accepted on the condition that if he wins Blackwell Bush must lose the piercing.

z2ighlG.jpg vs HtqS0MY.jpg

Dizzy G vs Trehawke Phillips

The first match to kick off the show and Dizzy G was out and one a mission as he took on the veteran Trehawke. It was clear a more aggressive Dizzy G was here tonight, with a lot less trash talking in between moves and take downs from Dizzy G and he barely interacted with the crowd after his back-to-back loses to Peril. Dizzy G struggled showing the more aggressive and less trash talking persona in the ring and Trehawke Phillips exhausted by the end leading to a poor match.

Winner: Dizzy G

Rating: 29

SXDdIzE.jpg ~ z2ighlG.jpg

Toasty Bonnar ~ Dizzy G

Toasty Bonnar made a surprise return tonight and he wanted to voice how upset he was that Dizzy G wasn’t the SZW Sydney Champion. He wanted to challenge Dizzy, to avenge the fact his old mentor had injured him and put him on almost the entire year. Dizzy G told Toasty to shut the hell up basically telling him that he isn’t worth his time. Still not deterred Toasty challenged Dizzy G to a match next month, before delivering a line to get a clear rise out of Dizzy G “after all it isn’t like you have a championship to defend next month. Dizzy G was left speechless after that comment for a moment before telling Toasty he is going to wish he stayed injured.  

image.jpeg vs image.jpeg

Peril vs Michel Bernard

Another match for me to get some in-ring time as a solo act to build some momentum heading towards Final Chapter. Not that it was something I needed with how the last year has gone for me. Expecting a strong performance from Michel Bernard he delivered like always with an incredible strong match, helping myself to deliver in the ring putting on the best match of the night.

Rating: 48

image.jpeg

Peril

My first chance on the microphone without my tag-team partner or anyone else carrying the performance and I called out the man known as Vortex who had been hyping up his debut, declaring if he wants a match, he can have it. Next month at Final Chapter the SZW Sydney Championship will be on the line, Peril vs Vortex. The fans really bought in with me on the microphone allowing me to deliver what was an impressive segment if I do say so myself.

mZQLZmt.jpg    DaNOVJD.jpg  vs WV9Zke2.jpg   4LRN8lg.jpg

Wild Youth vs Two-Face Bomber

A throwback match between two teams that have hadn’t had many matches between each other. In fact, their last 2 on 2 match was in Two-Face Bomber’s very first-time teaming together.  The two teams were pitted against one another for no real reason, and the match itself only set to show how far both teams had come since their first match over a year ago. Wild Youth ended up coming away with the win here to the surprise of no one, but it certainly wasn’t a match that blew the crowd away.

Winners: Wild Youth

Rating: 32

g8xzi6z.jpg  5kBJS1p.jpg

Smokers & Suplexes

Brown Snake once again led the charge on the microphone to talk about how next month it doesn’t matter how many matches Peril or Adrian McGhee have that they would be having at least one match against Smokers & Suplexes where they would lose their undefeated streak in the tag-team division. Proving they are one of the best teams in SZW.

The Kipper vs Adgee Cross

tMvBC5T.jpg vs ETfkxnV.jpg

This match had quite a bit of build. The Kipper had a win over Adgee Cross in their very first match ever, but since then both men had taken each other to the limit without a decisive winner between either guy. Even in a battle royale they eliminated each other at the same time.

The two men had always delivered in matches with each other, and when it came to in-ring performance and tonight looked to be no different. It was labelled as the deciding match, finally one man would prove to be better than the other and was the culmination of their feud. Upsettingly it wouldn’t get the Main Event which in many ways a match of this magnitude deserved as they competed hard against one another.

It was a good match, but not great compared to matches in previous months. It still was able to put an end to the feud that had been ongoing since before Final Chapter last year and both men did well. Adgee Cross came away with the victory.

Rating: 42

tMvBC5T.jpg ~ ETfkxnV.jpg

The Kipper ~ Adgee Cross

Both men exhausted after their effort in the ring rested on the mat as the crowd chanted for the pair. Eventually being able to pull themselves up against the ropes the two men could only look across the ring at one another. Staggering to the center to face off, just like they had last month. It looked as if whatever energy they had left they were going to take out on each other before both men embraced in the ring leading to the crowd erupting in cheers. 

The Kipper gestures to a belt around the waist of “The Boss” Adgee Cross and can be heard verbally saying it is his time. His shot at the title, and next month he would be getting just that, but the question remained of who he would get to face off against. Luckily Adgee wouldn’t have to wait long to find out his opponent for next month as he remained at the ring side to watch the entrances of both the SZW Australian Champion Adrian McGhee and his opponent Lone Rider.

SZW Australian Championship

image.jpeg vs image.jpeg

Lone Rider vs Adrian McGhee ©

Both were coming off excellent matches from last month with Adrian McGhee coming out of the best match in company history. This match was set to do the same, and was going to build upon the already impressive matches that Lone Rider and Adrian McGhee had put on their resume this year. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be as both men were off their game leading into the match. It was still definitely a good match, but a "what could have been" moment between the pair unfortunately. 

The end saw Lone Rider rally as Taniko Jo cheered him on ringside to encourage him to his feet and come firing out towards Adrian McGhee hitting the Dusty Trail Takedown which is a punishing discus clothesline to pick up the victory and become a two-time SZW Australian Champion. 

Rating: 44

• Like 5

Final Chapter Match Card

SZW Sydney Championship

Vortex vs Peril ©

Toasty Bonnar vs Dizzy G

Michel Bernard vs Lee Bawes

Blackwell Bush vs XS

SZW - APW Exhibition Match

The Kipper vs Warren Lydecker

SZW Tag-Team Championship

Smokers & Suplexes vs The Devoted Souls ©

SZW Australian Championship

Adgee Cross vs Lone Rider ©

Quick Picks:

Vortex vs Peril ©

Toasty Bonnar vs Dizzy G

Blackwell Bush vs XS

Smoker & Suplexes vs The Devoted Souls ©

Adgee Cross vs Lone Rider ©

(Tie-Breaker) Who has the highest rated angle of the night?

(Tie-Breaker) Who are the top 3 rated matches?

I tried a new thing with the last two matches of not revealing the winner as clearly, essentially not spoiling the finish as you read down through the match, let me know if you think it works well or you like the winner being clear and visible for the matches. 

Second thing, there are a few extra additions in the match card predictions to help break up potential draws after last years one.

• Like 2

Happy to see my prediction was correct that Bush and McGhee would put on your best ever match. It shows how much your roster has grown, where a year ago Adgee and Kipper's match would have propped up a whole show and now it's just smack average. I don't know if I can see Adgee or Kipper keeping a hold on their spots near the top of the card with all the new guys pushing for it and with the performances to back it up. I'd be interested in seeing Adgee and Kipper teaming up, potentially.

Vortex vs Peril ©
The classic debut title win, I think Peril was always going to be a transitional champion here to fill in the gap where the Pit Bull/Dizzy G storyline would have taken place. Vortex is amazing and has a long list of fresh match ups, while Peril's time would always be split between tagging and singles.

Toasty Bonnar vs Dizzy G
I didn't think Toasty could beat Dizzy G when he was champ, and I don't see it happening now. Bonnar comes back from injury to a new locker room full of younger, better wrestlers, and even a better wrestler with virtually the same gimmick (Fuzzy Freeman). Not sure what's next for Dizzy but hopefully a match with Vortex.

Interesting match up, I think Bernard has some time to grow and with him working tag team and losing to Jake D'Angelo of all people, I think he drops a match to Bawes, who has been on a hot streak. Bawes is a perfect veteran to slot into the role that Trehawke/Rubennick/Rheur/Pit Bull all failed to hold on to.

Blackwell Bush vs XS
Blackwell Bush has been a part of how many of your top 5 matches? Let him cook.

The first ever top champ losing to a bottom card worker from competition isn't something I see happening. A good exhibition for a workhorse I think is a bit underrated, but I don't think Lydecker walks away with the win.

I think there's a world where the Devoted Souls go from 4 titles to 0 in the span of two months, but I don't really know who would step up to challenge S&S if they were to win. I think this feud has some legs on it, and I think McGhee comes into this one with a big chip on his shoulder after losing the Australian title.

Lone Rider and his new finisher make quick work of Adgee and push us forward to a new era of SZW. I can't see Adgee winning this one, just given the other guys you have kicking around the top of the card right now and with a quick title exchange happening already, I don't think another one happens here.

Going to guess The Devoted Souls - per you, they are the most over guys on the roster which doesn't have any particular stand outs on the mic. You just had a great segment and I don't see you guys not getting a chance to talk after losing one (or maybe both) of your singles titles.

1) Smokers & Suplexes vs The Devoted Souls
2) Michel Bernard vs Lee Bawes
3) Blackwell Bush vs XS

Quick Picks:

Vortex vs Peril ©

Vortex probably should win, but until proven otherwise I see no reason to bet against the booker. From a storyline perspective having Peril, the "lesser" team member keep his title while Adrian lost his could lead to some interesting storyline stuff as well.

Toasty Bonnar vs Dizzy G

Could go either way, but Dizzy G has reached higher heights than Toasty even if he's been on a bit of a slump as of late.

It's time for the Suplex Master to go to work.

Blackwell Bush vs XS

Bushwell has shown himself to be a top level performer and I can't fathom a reason for him to lose here.

Kipper is established as a top guy while Warren is just a guy.

I think Peril doing double duty costs him here.

I think Lone Rider losing would mean you're hot-shotting the title around a bit too much.

I'll gamble and guess Delbert DeGeorge will interview someone and it'll be your best angle.

Blackwell Bush vs XS, Vortex vs Peril, Adgee Cross vs Lone Rider

Edited by Tiberious

Vortex vs Peril ©

Considering the hype I think that Vortex wins the title in his debut.

Toasty Bonnar vs Dizzy G

Dizzy G regains some momentum and Toasty is toast.

Considering past shows I see Michael helping get another good match out of a young talent.

Blackwell Bush vs XS

No offense to XS, but I have no confidence in him beating Bush.

Kipper regains momentum from his loss to Adgee on the last show.

I think the Devoted Souls can keep the hold onto the tag titles despite Peril doing double duty.

I don't see the champ losing on his first defense.

Adrian McGhee

Blackwell Bush vs XS

Adgee Cross vs Lone Rider

Peril ©

Very much against booker bookinh themselvs strong, but I can imagine Vortex comes in and wins a belt straight away

Dizzy G

Dizzy has been built up more

Michel Bernard

Personal preference

Blackwell Bush

personal preference again

The Kipper

Kipper has been solid, let's give him a w

The Devoted Souls ©

I can't imagine Peril and McGhee losing the tag belts here.

Lone Rider ©

He just won it.

(Tie-Breaker) Who has the highest rated angle of the night?

I'll go Dizzy G

(Tie-Breaker) Who are the top 3 rated matches? Guve me Bush/XS, Bernard/Bawes and Rider/Cross

Sydney's Finest

I was surprised to see Peril is now the joint-most over wrestler in the company ahead of Lone Rider and the others in the Australian Title picture. It goes to show the fans are on board with the push you've given yourself, rather than the booker elevating himself higher than anyone wants to see him.

You know things are going well when even the thrown together match scores a 48. I like that you're turning the tag match you forgot about into an angle rather than just disregarding it. And wow, Blackwell Bush taking the company to new heights two shows in a row. I've never had a chance to use him before, but I'm very much believing the hype at this stage.

Fully Loaded

I like that Bush has a chance to shine at Final Chapter after his recent great form, and a nice simple angle to add extra stakes to the match.

Good stuff with Dizzy G: first in selling the impact of his downturn in fortune, and then Toasty Bonnar's return coming at the perfect time to give you another attractive Final Chapter undercard match. Peril v Vortex too: we're eating good that night.

As you say, unfortunate for Kipper and Cross to not get to main event after such a long build, but ultimately a positive that you've got so much going on at the hottest part of the year that you didn't need them in that spot. It probably made sense for Cross to win as the one with more years ahead of him, and the post-match has me wondering if we could see them challenge the Devoted Souls in future.

I love how unpredictable the main event felt. I initially thought McGhee was just a bump in the road for Lone Rider, but the unbeaten record, the Devoted Souls taking all the gold and finding out he was more over than Lone Rider all created the sense this could go either way. I'm just sorry for you that they both had an off-day to not get the rating the build deserved, but better that it happened on this show than at Final Chapter I guess.

Final Chapter thoughts

All three title matches carry an air of unpredictability to me.

You wouldn't expect Lone Rider to lose the title immediately after regaining it, but Cross' rematch story has been around a year in the making, and he went through a long rivalry just to earn it, so I don't think he can be discounted.

Likewise, I get Vortex being a popular pick for the Sydney Championship after the hype he's received (and Peril pulling double duty would protect him in defeat). however, I think there's enough mystique and story around Vortex to have losing his debut add to his aura where it could instantly undermine others so, with Peril unbeaten and so over, I think he could retain.

Then with the Tag Titles, nobody has been on Devoted Souls' level yet, and there's that possibility of Kipper and Cross as future challengers, but this is the reign I think might be in most jeopardy. Peril has double duty, McGhee may be in a bad headspace after his first loss and they face an unbeaten team. As the Tag Titles have never changed hands, this is the perfect stage for history to be made on. I don't think you can go wrong either way though, as extending a record run and keeping the gold on your most popular act, with Wild Youth's story still to play out, is certainly an attractive option too.

It should be a great show.

Edited by 619