AI Generated Cornellverse Content

Chat GPT seems to be down after doing a couple more of these (at least it's telling me it can't complete my requests.) I switched to Bing for the Luchadors, and Bing is definitely superior for creating the Lucha Masks. I redid the previous 300 ZX based upon the results I got. 

300 ZX

sHAADkI.jpg aNRAybL.jpg RM46B4F.jpg

Agent 69 (Zoe Ammis)

eeyOiok.jpg 2hkGVYK.jpg Oq5Y1jR.jpg

Aguila

jVibHQr.jpg esIC7L6.jpg

Aguila Jr.

jVibHQr.jpg K0C8u2L.jpg

Aiji Meshizuka

R8GqFKB.jpg u5LW15A.jpg

• Like 8

On 11/13/2023 at 7:57 AM, willr0ck said:

Honestly I can see both sides of the AI thing.

On the side of making graphics from scratch/renders in DAZ etc. it really can be soul crushing when you've invested 100's of hours into making graphics for the community only to have all of your work getting replaced by AI stuff. I've been making graphics for you guys on here for a long time and it doesn't motivate me too much to keep doing it knowing that it will just get passed over for AI generated stuff.

On the flip side, this is the new, awesome thing that everyone is super into. It's like a brand new toy at Christmas, it's just too much fun to not play with it despite still loving your old toys. It's addicting to me as well and I want to play with the shiny new toy! So I understand the love it's getting on the boards. Plus not everyone can make logos, belts or renders. It takes a lot of patience and a lot of practice and in the render department it takes a lot of money to acquire the assets needed to make cool stuff. With AI everyone who wants to be creative can be, and that is awesome. So if this is the direction that TEW goes moving forward then that works for me. 

I understand why AI has appeal and why people use it. Renders and logos take a TON of time and skill and AI can step in and let you create graphics for a mod or creator in minutes. It democratizes the game and helps a lot of people. I'll probably use it at some point.

Things with less detail, like trophies or belts, sometimes do come out really good particularly if further edited and messed around with in GIMP.

As someone who has both made and requested logos for TEW, AI cannot  compete with either human-made logos or renders. For me at least, there's a level of craftsmanship in human-made work that AI cannot duplicate. For example, there's a huge problem with stylistic variety, line consistency and text alignment in logos and in renders a lack of contrast and a lack of consistent lighting source among other things.

After you've seen a couple threads of AI generated images, (right now at least) the images do appear a bit samey. And given that AI works as a composite image based on prompts, I don't know if a future version will address the lack of variety and options.

I can't speak for everyone involved but for me it doesn't appear the same.

(Going to just say my general opinion of AI is that overall it isn't capable of replicating creative pursuits to a professional degree and may never be).

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

I understand why AI has appeal and why people use it. Renders and logos take a TON of time and skill and AI can step in and let you create graphics for a mod or creator in minutes. It democratizes the game and helps a lot of people. I'll probably use it at some point.

Things with less detail, like trophies or belts, sometimes do come out really good particularly if further edited and messed around with in GIMP.

As someone who has both made and requested logos for TEW, AI cannot  compete with either human-made logos or renders. For me at least, there's a level of craftsmanship in human-made work that AI cannot duplicate. For example, there's a huge problem with stylistic variety, line consistency and text alignment in logos and in renders a lack of contrast and a lack of consistent lighting source among other things.

After you've seen a couple threads of AI generated images, (right now at least) the images do appear a bit samey. And given that AI works as a composite image based on prompts, I don't know if a future version will address the lack of variety and options.

(Going to just say my general opinion of AI is that overall it isn't capable of replicating creative pursuits to a professional degree and may never be).

I just started playing with the AI stuff yesterday. It's to my chagrin as I have a fundamental dislike for it. I do agree that currently the AI can't compete with human artists. The text generation alone does give a good basis, but the lettering often looks... non-Euclidean? I don't think that's the right word, but basically, it retains the same shape but is an unreadable mess.

Still, I did have some fun last night, I guess. I do feel bad for folks like will that spend tons of time handcrafting something, though, even if they are ok with the AI-generated content. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wrenegade said:

MorganaShadowcaster.jpg.5f33b1aac5a4128d9f21faace36a1248.jpg

Morgana Shadowcaster

RavenHex.jpg.b732ca1d5d8deaa485a45f888e5c9c31.jpg

Raven Hex

LilithMoonspell.jpg.d9b891092f6cc88cad60584f530ebf9b.jpg

Lilith Moonspell

SeleneStarweaver.jpg.e4a92af114bc4c221efa2ce320654b8d.jpg

Selene Starweaver

The Coven of Shadows emerge from the convergence of four mystical forces, drawn together by an ancient prophecy that foretells their union in the wrestling realm. Each member brings her unique talents in the arcane arts, forming a sisterhood that captivates audiences with their enchanting personas.

1. Morgana Shadowcaster
Morgana, the enigmatic leader of the Coven, possesses an aura of mystical elegance. With obsidian-black hair adorned by moon-shaped charms, she epitomizes the essence of a sorceress commanding dark magic. In the ring, Morgana's persona embodies calculated precision and a touch of mysterious allure. Her in-ring style blends elements of agility with sudden bursts of dark power, often mesmerizing opponents with her bewitching moves and cunning strategies.

2. Raven Hex
Raven, a cunning enchantress, has an uncanny knack for casting ancient hexes. Her long flowing auburn hair and piercing emerald eyes add to her enigmatic allure. In the ring, Raven's persona exudes an aura of ominous foreboding. Her in-ring style leans heavily on manipulating opponents' thoughts and movements, often leaving them entranced and disoriented. Raven weaves spells through her wrestling, making each match a calculated dance of dark enchantment.

3. Lilith Moonspell
Lilith is a seeress, gifted with cosmic visions that transcends time and space. Her silver hair shimmers like the stars she's connected to. In the ring, Lilith's persona exudes an ethereal and cosmic energy. Her in-ring style is fluid and graceful, as if she anticipates her opponents' every move through cosmic premonitions. She often incorporates dazzling, almost hypnotic maneuvers, captivating audiences with her celestial grace.

4. Selene Starweaver
Selene, an enchantress attuned to celestial energies, radiates a cosmic presence. Her hair is an iridescent tapestry of cosmic hues, reflecting her connection to the heavens. In the ring, Selene's persona channeles the energies of the stars. Her in-ring style is graceful and fluid, often incorporating dazzling aerial acrobatics that seem to defy gravity. Selene's performances are celestial spectacles, leaving audiences in awe of her cosmic prowess.

The Coven of Shadows, bound by their shared devotion to the mystical arts, captivates wrestling audiences with their collective aura of mystery, each member contributing a unique facet of witchcraft to their enchanting performances. As a quartet, they weave spells of fascination and wonderment, embodying a balance between darkness and cosmic illumination within the wrestling realm.

CovenofShadows.jpg.b9cba0d1125ee3bfe7d58fcb72e5976e.jpg

_4a75fa02-3ddd-48c0-9797-236e1d9f87ec-removebg-preview.png.e23adc88123ad5d60880dead729563f3.pngIMG_3964-removebg-preview.png.a9078a8b97dad0c35af8f5a04ded298a.png

_da3006fb-2064-4a08-b985-883e1acc60d0-removebg-preview.png.c4124b352a8001ea6b7d804de774d023.png

IMG_3991-removebg-preview.png.410ca2b113b2a13382bc95a3208589bb.png

Really like this “Charmed” stable of wrestlers.  While I am not a fan of the teleportation and super natural power things (save for Taker), it has a lot of possibilities in a good diary.  They will definitely have a future in women’s Cverse wrestling 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Idolized said:

A couple more re-renders for to finish out the day

Akihiro Hisato (The Great Hisato II)

tPCGUWX.jpg HO5q8zp.jpg

Akihiro Ishikawa

RUzG7tT.jpg J7qePsi.jpg

Akikazu Miyagi (He looked rough for early 20s 😝)

DmNJd4Y.jpg Vyol5gW.jpg

The Great Hisato

883AkIG.jpg kkee6AZ.jpg

Are those Hisato images supposed to be flipped? The top on looks older, with a more intricate mask. The bottom one, for the original Hisato, looks younger.

9 minutes ago, ElChorizo said:

Are those Hisato images supposed to be flipped? The top on looks older, with a more intricate mask. The bottom one, for the original Hisato, looks younger.

They could be used like that. Since I'm rendering the list of workers from The 70's mod, The Great Hisato begins the game young in the 90's so I felt his mask would be the simpler design. Similar to how if you take Rey Mysterio Sr.'s mask, it's pretty basic compared to Rey Jr's current masks. By the time his son comes around in 2020, his mask would bare the semblance (the shape of the eyes and mouth) but look newer/more evolved.

9 minutes ago, Idolized said:

They could be used like that. Since I'm rendering the list of workers from The 70's mod, The Great Hisato begins the game young in the 90's so I felt his mask would be the simpler design. Similar to how if you take Rey Mysterio Sr.'s mask, it's pretty basic compared to Rey Jr's current masks. By the time his son comes around in 2020, his mask would bare the semblance (the shape of the eyes and mouth) but look newer/more evolved.

Fair enough. They each also had inverse directions, the ones I had pegged as younger were both facing straight on, while the ones I deemed old had the half turn profile. But yeah, I get what you're saying about the more basic mask for the older dude. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ElChorizo said:

I just started playing with the AI stuff yesterday. It's to my chagrin as I have a fundamental dislike for it. I do agree that currently the AI can't compete with human artists. The text generation alone does give a good basis, but the lettering often looks... non-Euclidean? I don't think that's the right word, but basically, it retains the same shape but is an unreadable mess.

Still, I did have some fun last night, I guess. I do feel bad for folks like will that spend tons of time handcrafting something, though, even if they are ok with the AI-generated content. 

I mainly do logos and alts (which I'm most known for) but with logos, it feels like you get only a couple of fonts for the ai-generated text. They're well-shaded and relatively well-rotated fonts put in an expressive, but for a guy who actually prefers to hand draw his logos (to varying levels of success), it just doesn't scratch that itch for me!

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 2:24 PM, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

I can agree with this, especially the samey part. I've noticed this particularly with the female renders. Unless Vince McMahon is booking every women's division on the planet, I need more variety is face and body types before I'm convinced on AI's benefits there.

However I will give dues to the logos, noting the event logos in particular. Well done!

13 minutes ago, Mecha Kaji said:

I can agree with this, especially the samey part. I've noticed this particularly with the female renders. Unless Vince McMahon is booking every women's division on the planet, I need more variety is face and body types before I'm convinced on AI's benefits there.

However I will give dues to the logos, noting the event logos in particular. Well done!

I will say this - it definitely puts the power in the player’s hands to flesh out their game world if they want to. How many times have you gotten a regen whose photo doesn’t match their stats or bio? Look at how many C-Verse renders are still floating around untouched from 2004-2005. I’d personally take “samey” high definition updated pics over those, especially when I have an idea for someone in my game.

• Like 5

AshleyBlackheart.jpg.795882ded68bc5188a9f30153dd5b1ec.jpg

Ashley Blackheart

In the realm of professional wrestling emerges the enigmatic newcomer, Ashley Blackheart, an embodiment of darkness and intrigue. Standing at 5 feet 6 inches, Ashley captivates audiences with her haunting allure and striking appearance.

Her defining features are accentuated by long, jet-black hair streaked with vibrant yellow highlights, cascading down her shoulders like shadows in the night. Her captivating gaze, intensified by yellow contacts, pierces through the darkness she embodies. Adorned with bold and meticulously designed black makeup, Ashley's face exudes an enigmatic aura that echoes her mysterious persona.

Ashley's in-ring persona as is a testament to her calculated prowess and agility. Despite being a newcomer to the wrestling world, her rapid ascent is driven by an uncanny ability to blend technical finesse with an ominous presence. Her style is a fusion of calculated strikes and breathtaking acrobatics, often catching opponents off guard with her unexpected agility and mastery of the ring.

Clad in a wrestling attire that harmonizes with her dark persona, Ashley's gear merges the hues of black and yellow, symbolizing her dominance and the mysterious depths of her character. Her presence is a captivating mix of shadows and flashes of eerie yellow light, drawing the audience into her mysterious world.

Ashley Blackheart's ascent as a newcomer to wrestling is swift and impactful. Her ability to weave a spellbinding narrative within the squared circle, coupled with her relentless determination and unique in-ring style, has swiftly earned her admiration and a dedicated following among wrestling enthusiasts. As a promising newcomer, Ashley Blackheart's enigmatic presence and unparalleled skill-set signify her potential to become an iconic figure in the world of professional wrestling.

MadisonVogue.jpg.cb9f677ebbeb85c31b7c5588fc0d66c4.jpg

Madison Vogue

Madison Vogue is a flamboyant and captivating wrestling sensation of the current era. Standing tall at 5 feet 8 inches, she exudes confidence with her long, flowing platinum blonde hair and dazzling smile that radiates charm. Her striking blue eyes are often accentuated with glamorous makeup, enhancing her captivating presence inside and outside the ring.

In the world of professional wrestling, Madison is known for her extravagant persona and unapologetic love for glamour and fashion. Her wrestling attire is a spectacle itself—sequined bodysuits, adorned with feathers, sparkling with rhinestones, and accessorized with gaudy jewelry. She showcases an air of superiority, exuding confidence and sophistication with every move she makes.

Madison's wrestling style is as flamboyant as her personality—she incorporates graceful agility with cunning techniques, often underestimating her opponents due to her focus on appearance. Her matches are not just about winning; they're also about showcasing her style and captivating the audience with her glamour.

Off the mat, Madison Vogue is an enigmatic figure, regularly gracing the covers of fashion magazines and making appearances at high-profile events. Her charisma extends beyond the wrestling ring, earning her a fan following that admires her confidence, style, and undeniable showmanship.

As a leading figure in the wrestling world, Madison Vogue continues to reign supreme with her glitzy persona, making a lasting mark with her extravagant fashion-forward approach that sets her apart in the realm of sports entertainment.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Idolized said:

I will say this - it definitely puts the power in the player’s hands to flesh out their game world if they want to. How many times have you gotten a regen whose photo doesn’t match their stats or bio? Look at how many C-Verse renders are still floating around I touch from 2004-2005. I’d personally take “samey” high definition updated pics over those, especially when I have an idea for someone in my game.

Glad you've got such use. Each to their own I guess.

4 hours ago, Dave Mac said:

image.jpeg.edaf314c64b0f5ac66dc2c6e82919f96.jpeg

My Tommy Cornell.

This style I much prefer, doesn't look as "painted" as some of the others. Excellent job!

Edited by Mecha Kaji

26 minutes ago, Mecha Kaji said:

Glad you've got such use. Each to their own I guess.

This style I much prefer, doesn't look as "painted" as some of the others. Excellent job!

I used an AI website where I could use the picture as the base but add my own commands. So I’ve gone photo realistic. I’ll post some more up later. I’m playing as 21CW so probably a lot of characters people don’t know. 

• Like 1

Bit of a long one and spoilers as I'm doing a diary and youtube series on this.  But I'm fairly pleased with what I've done. I found using AI generators needing word prompts almost impossible.  I was unable to get them looking anyhwere close. So found AI generators where I could use the CVerse pics and then could use word prompts to adjust.  At first I found one with an anime filter which I liked.  The problem was ultimately any man with long hair it made look like a girl and almost every male character had a beard of some sort.  So got quite samey.  I eventually found one where it seemed to react to word prompts and simply adding male or female was coming out better.  

Also another challenge I found was face paint and masked characters.  Some tried to make the mask part of the face, rather than being a mask. So again was harder getting round this.  Ultimately I hate the Cverse  pics so find it hard to get into a game when they look so bad.  So this is purely a vanity project to make the game better for me. I'm Vince McMahon with how I book. If i like your look then you're getting pushed. If I don't then you're getting ditched.  21CW I play as is very heavy on the big bald guys, so some I've completely changed.  And others I've tweaked just to suit how I want them to look.  One problem I have found is with the pics being head shots it was almost impossible to get them wearing clothes.  So most are just topless headshots, which annoys me 1% but much less annoying than the CVserve pics as it.  

Anyways I started with the logo

image.jpeg.9f021bbf2027602a1f87f5bad25f44b9.jpeg

As a British company I wanted more Union jack, more Lions and just generally more edgy, less meh.

image.jpeg.7e8cdc3c4ab2b058c24f3dfa82ae5e85.jpeg

And one of those rare occasions AI managed to spell the word 21CW.  But got hints of AEW black and gold, but overall I prefer it.  

From the roster some of the highlights which I enjoy the most are 

image.jpeg.8f60460c531ef27f21c4c1e8bb0822f9.jpegimage.jpeg.161983e9c9e7c739de2777445b608938.jpeg

Steve Smith a commentator I think his CVerse pic is actually ok, but so pleased with how close it came out.

image.jpeg.de67123b1037427394b13e9cbcf69752.jpegimage.jpeg.f787eb75cb15c0d549b28d70e1c253bd.jpeg

Tommy Cornell THE Cverse man has gone from fluffy haired chump, to a bit more gritty.  Thats AI's attempted a purple leather jacket with the collar turned up.  Not great, but we move! 

image.jpeg.d3de11bd031a56147096feff57ef0620.jpegimage.jpeg.fe7d2d08671c65c29c0dca14c75f44c1.jpeg

Antithesis.  It struggled with the make up for this as went more clown.  I think the mast in the AI looks more sinister so overall liked that.

image.jpeg.78377725b45d7427c636198897282b1c.jpegimage.jpeg.b4a86bafc5a1f0a01e8732535d365a16.jpeg

Daniel Francis looks unique, so think his worked out well.  Also found alot of AI struggles with hair texture, so the fact they look like dreadlocks is a winner.

image.jpeg.73819378d441d7659b331c8aa9396bd5.jpegimage.jpeg.b80ea2520b0270d8bbd2a3c66f4f50ca.jpeg

Kathleen Lee. I found the AI did a REALLY good job on the women.  I find the CVerse characters have a sex appeal of 90 and look like a chewed up sweet.  But found the AI was able to bring alot of them to life much better.

image.jpeg.070a9cb32db382ad2ab22bbc7082573a.jpegimage.jpeg.1ea15927fbe5167fa2f5e471bdcdeccf.jpeg

Phoebe Plumridge for example has a very unique look and felt it dealt with that well.  I was also able to add prompts to change the make up a bit and found that useful.

image.jpeg.a0551cd54d0f99322a60c1c124ba3e68.jpegimage.jpeg.2f045baa75a8ac6728a7f922d70e9a4f.jpeg

Vicki Company is another one I was pleased with.

image.jpeg.233a7213c409f81ff76e7fbb20f80c4f.jpegimage.jpeg.7f440e1b968a163437f015687631e51d.jpeg

Mark Misery.  One thing it struggled with was holding things and hands.  this was the best I could get.  And a shame the Union Jack glove is missing. 

image.jpeg.fcdb609a06b61f3b46648ccf4bc1ee0c.jpegimage.jpeg.d8504335dfbcb3a4d71ed84478a1418d.jpeg

One of the first I did was Welsh Dragon just to see how it coped with masks and was pleased with the results.

image.jpeg.a07aee01dde4a788798afef6de82407e.jpegimage.jpeg.d257d5e53639621aa2a85854d9e8a368.jpeg

Sifu.  One I completed changed as 21CW really is the land of bald heads.  So just tried to mix it up for some.

image.jpeg.227cdb9d1472a3f637069031f0cd31f2.jpegimage.jpeg.9c516132be82b68aeadd95285136a348.jpeg

Jonathan Faust, I just wanted something a bit more to pop with him.  he's a cult leader in the game, I just felt better with him looking this way.

image.jpeg.2cb7d2e795e7bec1ccb530a0bc216554.jpegimage.jpeg.02987f1509ca70b1bff1331c44a3e983.jpeg

Rich Money.  I'm working through the bigger names as well outside of the UK.  Again a tricky one holding the money, AI seems to get a bit confused.  But is harder as it might get the face right, but the money botched, then the money looks good but the face not right. So one thing with AI i found is less is more.  The more "stuff" it needs to recreate is essentially more elements it can fail on.  So try to keep it simple.

image.jpeg.c414b9797b2dfbe083c94d157bb0eb24.jpegimage.jpeg.05d76aa2641386bd73143cc1aee4b704.jpeg

Wolf Hawkins

image.jpeg.d458b640c0713d8cc78b1eb11fa60426.jpegimage.jpeg.d676689c6589cbda70d4582176e82f32.jpeg

Sensational Dragon.  For a massively weird mask I was pleased how this turned out.

image.jpeg.6e9882c3c25a9f52e3abf7202fd84808.jpegimage.jpeg.fc5a4168146439fdf1ade51de4d7f4a2.jpeg

Landon Mallory is a great example of someone with a unique look, but quite a basic unique look.  So able to really nicely translate into AI.  I could also change the facial expression to angry or sad etc.  So quite nice to change things up in that way.

image.jpeg.3a22eb1e67fac645e83a0eacdaa7a4d3.jpegimage.jpeg.ca28ebefdb0d53c96f79f78eb859e05e.jpeg

Finally my usercharacter is a made reality TV star.  I felt the 21CW needed more females just to mix it up.  So the CVerse pic I actually think is one of the best and baffled its one of the free pics and not assigned to someone.  But felt the AI done an amazing job with this one.  I've put the small pics up here.  But bigger the detail is brilliant on.  

Still got loads more but don't want to bore people.  As I say for me its not about recreating the Cverse perfectly.  But more about making it more palatable for me.

image.jpeg

Edited by Dave Mac
  • Like 5