All Elite Wrestling League

Posted (edited)

PRE SHOW
Jake Hager beat AR Fox in 7:08 by submission with a Patriot Lock. 54

AEWSaturdayNight.jpg.d01721c78b4c4f6f5fdb97b7a3f12339.jpg
COLLISION
Saturday, week 1, June 2024
Webster Arena, Bridgeport, Connecticut (6,000 capacity)
Announcers: Nigel McGuinness, Taz and Tony Schiavone

We start tonight in the entrance to the parking lot. Jack Perry and Jake Roberts emerge from a rental car, carrying two familiar bulging bags... However, Steve Austin meets them straight away and says they aren't coming into the arena with snakes. Perry and Roberts protest but Austin is steadfast... You're not coming in... and that's the bottom line... cos Steve Austin said so... Perry and Roberts try to go in any, so Austin attacks Perry, hitting him with a flurry of rights to drop him, then stomps a mud hole in him... before he turns to Roberts and says he kicked his ass way back at King of the Ring, he'll do it again if he doesn't leave... Roberts whispers to Perry and it seems he has decided that a tactical retreat is the right move right now as Perry and Roberts go back to their rental car and leave. 71

AnnaJay5.jpg.563401ace3c802d2d0e0ab74a07d04b4.jpgDiamante.jpg.2b7351ab62d9dcbe956b7ba46153fb1f.jpg v JuliaHart.jpg.9e14332c54b3cb1e1f5b82f16c47772d.jpgAbadon1.jpg.cb205749f6dacb2210a46645fae2bbc9.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
Team WooItsNathan (Anna Jay & Diamanté) v The Spooky Club (Julia Hart & Abadon)

Not a good match and the crowd didn't get invested in it either. Spooky Club picked up the points in 6:26 when Hart pinned Diamanté. 41

Renee Paquette is backstage with the FTW champion Hook... Renee asks Hook what is on his mind... "World Championship" is Hook's succinct reply... Renee asks if he wants to challenge Bryan Danielson... Hooks replies yes, he's number one ranked... Renee says you heard it, Hook wants a World Championship match with Bryan Danielson. 69
Hook benefitted from public support.

MarkDavis12.jpg.3c0974d2021933ba890136f902c151e8.jpg v ChrisJericho17.jpg.5d5b18a316cf5bc52b7a6c995f75ad67.jpg
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND
Mark Davis v Chris Jericho

Davis makes his return from a long injury layoff and is in at the deep end with a First Round match against former World champion Chris Jericho. Davis looked very good, he was causing Jericho a lot of trouble and looked to have him beat. Jericho managed to pull it out of the bag though to win in 9:23 by pinfall after a Judas Effect. 57
Davis benefitted from being in amazing form (how, in his first match in months?!)

Alex Marvez is backstage with CMLL star Hechicero... Marvez says he has a scoop from The Alchemist... Hechicero speaks in both English and Spanish, he says he is going to come with two other CMLL stars to Forbidden Door and challenge Blackpool Combat Club for the World Trios Championship... Marvez says it's a scoop indeed, the challenge has been made. 39

HiromuTakahashi8.jpg.94179d614eb76f1bf048db925d17501a.jpg v AkiraTozawa4.jpg.34153f21be699136f647b528b7606312.jpg
Hiromu Takahashi v Akira Tozawa
Next through the Forbidden door is Takahashi, who takes on somebody who recently became All Elite in Tozawa. Tozawa has been impressive since arrive and here he was good again, but Takahashi was clearly better and won in 11:06 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex. 67
Takahashi out performed Tozawa 72-59
Takahashi has debuted with a Ticking Time Bomb gimmick, rated great.

It's Lexy Nair's AEW League Report again and tonight she's with The Peak of Perfection. Drew Galloway is very happy they are equal first, with a match in hand, saying that extra match they still have will be vital... Jay White says he is proud of the team and proud of the women, as Thunder Rosa and Deonna Purrazzo have been doing all the women's work themselves... Rosa and Purrazzo are pleased with White's comments... MJF finishes by saying The Peak of Perfection are better than the rest... and the rest know it. 73

RubySoho4.jpg.6f8cf6975099be6c0b65ddfa576f1264.jpgWillowNightingale9.jpg.178372d7c2d7fc52bb61bf404647cbe5.jpg v ToniStormTimeless.jpg.675f3318283d75665b2780d184670636.jpgBrittBaker.jpg.37c2232b227fdf61790f83b1a11c6e3d.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
The Golden Lion Club (Ruby Soho (TBS champion) & Willow Nightingale) v Timeless Ensemble ('Timeless' Toni Storm (with Luther) & Dr Britt Baker D.M.D. (with Rebel))

A decent enough match but avid fans would probably have expected more. Surprisingly, Storm and Baker struggled as a pairing and this allowed The Golden Lion Club to scoop up three points in 12:13 when Nightingale pinned Storm with a Fisherman's Suplex. 54
Storm and Baker don't work well as a team, their timing is all over the place.
Baker was penalised for being in extremely poor form.

Renee Paquette is backstage with Minoru Suzuki and Tomohiro Ishii... Renee acknowledges them as two legit tough men and ask them what they are doing together... Suzuki says "World Tag Team Championship... Ishii says "Lucha Brothers... Big Bill and Ricky Starks... whoever wins, Forbidden Door"... Renee says that sounds like a challenge. 60

WillOspreay.jpg.402e7d2156f9950f1648d372b0726525.jpg v EddieKingston3.jpg.db036385c30023dcd2dca6fcef3fb0bb.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
TV Network (Will Ospreay) v The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society (Eddie Kingston)

Two contrasting styles though Ospreay and Kingston matched up against together very well and put on a good match. Ospreay just about edged it throughout and duly came out with the win in 12:38 by pinfall with a Storm Breaker. 70

The TBS champion Ruby Soho is backstage, celebrating her AEW League win with Willow Nightingale when they get interrupted...
MickieJames.jpg.8d69c24f8e5fe5787220c1d75691ef88.jpg
Mickie James appears and congratulations them on their win tonight... but she's here to speak to Ruby Soho... more specifically she challenges Soho to defend the TBS Championship next week... Soho says it will be an honour not only to defend the title against a legend... but also retain it. 64

KonosukeTakeshita5.jpg.0c30349db05b8df0536e7250212909b4.jpg v SwerveStrickland(2).jpg.4d9c1529754fed90e0adf4a3d8138657.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
Black Lotus (Konosuke Takeshita) v Team Swerve (Swerve Strickland (with Prince Nana))

Some great action in this one between two guys who could well be top stars in the years to come in AEW. Strickland was too good on this particular night, winning in 13:40 by pinfall with a Swerve Stomp. 74
Strickland out performed Takeshita 79-66

Adam Copeland starts talking about the TNT Championship and the Cope Open where anybody can step up and challenge him for the belt when...
JeffCobb11.jpg.9c4b1c7c990d89324be6a95ee3d045eb.jpg
Jeff Cobb walks up to Adam Copeland and tells him he wants in the Cope Open next week... Copeland says he has his match. 67

AEWTagTeamChampionship.jpg.df5b388371a68e4dcd8cdff07cb9a1f6.jpg
PentaEl0M1.jpg.3306367b1709d44c644423135825a351.jpgFenix10.jpg.55686ca07c64845df06b1a3bf3fca74e.jpg v BigBill.jpg.479522f05e529efe22913eecd84a51dd.jpgRickyStarks4.jpg.e2cea669b0b5e9bcaeed99cae705adb3.jpg
WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
L
ucha Brothers (champions, with Alex Abrahantes) v Big Bill & Ricky Starks
Another outstanding display from the champions who showed why they are currently the best in the world. Big Bill could not keep up with their speed, especially Fénix. The champs retained in 14:37 when Penta pinned Starks after an Assisted Fear Factor. 78 - match of the night
Penta 87, Fénix 92, Bill 46, Starks 67

Show rating: 75
AEW increased popularity in 12 regions
Attendance: 5,208
TV rating: 1.32 (993,240 viewers and 1,403,317 overall)

Collision was AEW's 6th best show in 2024.
Lucha Brothers v Big Bill & Ricky Starks was AEW's 11th best match in 2024.
Collision drew AEW's 14th biggest crowd in 2024.
Collision drew AEW's 9th highest TV rating in 2024.

QUICK RESULTS
Lucha Brothers beat Big Bill & Ricky Starks to retain the World Tag Team Championship (2 defences, 42 days reign)
Swerve Strickland beat Konosuke Takeshita (league match)
Will Ospreay beat Eddie Kingston (league match)
Ruby Soho & Willow Nightingale beat Toni Storm & Dr Britt Baker D.M.D. (league match)
Hiromu Takahashi beat Akira Tozawa
Chris Jericho beat Mark Davis in Owen Hart Foundation Men's Tournament First Round
Julia Hart & Abadon beat Anna Jay & Diamanté (league match)

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 4

NEWS

Toni Storm, Abadon and Dr Britt Baker D.M.D. returned clean drug tests at Collision.

DPW have switched to a High Flying Hardcore style of wrestling.

Athena has won the vacant ROH Women’s World Championship for the second time.
Mitch Waterman has won the MCW World Heavyweight Championship for the second time.
Mikey Broderick & Jimmy Townsend have won the MCW Tag Team Championship, defeating The Parea.
Jonathan Gresham has won the GCW Tournament of Survival 8.
Bully Ray has won the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, defeating EC3.
Ricky Knight Jr has won the RevPro Undisputed British Cruiserweight Championship, defeating Leon Slater.
Da Pope & Rhett Titus have won the NWA Crockett Cup.
Senza Volto has won the GWF Berlin Championship for the third time.
Amy Heartbeat has won the GWF Women’s Championship, defeating Jessy Jay.

• Like 2

FORBIDDEN DOOR
Sunday, week 4, June 2024
Current card

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Bryan Danielson (c) v Zack Sabre Jr
WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Jamie Hayter (c) v Maki Itoh
WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Lucha Brothers (c) v Minoru Suzuki & Tomohiro Ishii
WORLD TRIOS CHAMPIONSHIP - Blackpool Combat Club (c) v Hechicero, ??? & ???

ALL IN LONDON
Sunday, week 4, August 2024
Current card
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Bryan Danielson or Zack Sabre Jr (c) v Sami Zayn
WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Jamie Hayter or Maki Itoh (c) v Mercedes Moné

• Like 1

LEAGUE TABLE
After 20 weeks

1. The Peak of Perfection - 36 matches, 77 points (25-9-2)
1. Black Lotus - 38 matches, 77 points (25-11-2)
3. The Golden Lion Club - 36 matches, 70 points (23-12-1)
4. Timeless Ensemble - 36 matches, 67 points (22-13-1)
5. The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society - 35 matches, 59 points (19-14-2)
6. Team Swerve - 35 matches, 54 points (18-17-0)
7. TV Network - 35 matches, 37 points (12-22-1)
8. The Spooky Club - 33 matches, 28 points (9-23-1)
9. Team WooItsNathan - 36 matches, 6 points (2-34-0)

(wins-losses-draws)

The transfer/signing window has now closed. Wrestlers cannot be signed until the end of the season unless one of your wrestlers becomes unavailable.

• Like 1

Well there are a lot of wrestlers coming through the Forbidden Door on short term deals. It will be probably they could be signed long term so they can join teams in Season 2, assuming at least six teams will be in the league for a second season.

It terms of when that will be... The Spooky Club has had fewest matches at 33, which means there will be at least 4 more game weeks to go in Season 1. There will then be an off season period. If any new teams join (which is possible as there will be at least 2 spaces, and 2 people did express an interest/enquire earlier in the season), then they will have be allowed to sign 5 wrestlers to their teams (without going over 4 male and 3 female) to their teams before the signing/transfer window opens for current managers. This is to be fair to new managers to be able to build a team of some quality rather than current managers taking all the best available wrestlers and leave new managers scrambling with those not really wanted.

Full new rules and tweaked rules will be announced in due course when Season 1 has finished. Some of these will be rules I will bring in, some will be proposed rules I will put out to a vote. Two rules I will definitely introduce are new signing cannot be released in the same signing/transfer window they are signed (unless they become unavailable) and also I will introduce a rule where a wrestler has to compete in a minimum number of matches for their team otherwise they will automatically be released from that team at the end of the season.

• Like 2

Ruby Soho & Willow Nightingale beat Toni Storm & Dr Britt Baker D.M.D. (league match)

Nah man, the two more popular women on the roster (Mone excluded) teaming up and losing after I won the first match is indicative that my team is cursed.

Both new rules are definitely good additions for the next season. Swapping Adam Page for Drew definitely felt a bit cheap, while I constantly forget Tay Melo is actually on my team.

Looks like I need 7 points in my next 4 to seal the league title, so going to be an interesting next few weeks.

17 hours ago, Dawn said:

Nah man, the two more popular women on the roster (Mone excluded) teaming up and losing after I won the first match is indicative that my team is cursed.

I don't go by overness numbers, I go by the perception levels when assigning percentages figures for the random number generator, though the two do loosely tie together. Regarding this match, Soho and Nightingale are well known and recogniseable respectively while Storm and Baker are both well known, so that swung the percentage in your favour. Soho though is the current TBS champion so that swung it back even. If I remember correctly I ended up giving both sides a 48% chance of winning with 2% for a draw.

Although to top it off with your pairing, it was discovered in that same match that they have zero chemistry teaming together, which makes it worse for you percentage wise for future tag matches involving these two.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DinoKea said:

Both new rules are definitely good additions for the next season. Swapping Adam Page for Drew definitely felt a bit cheap, while I constantly forget Tay Melo is actually on my team.

Looks like I need 7 points in my next 4 to seal the league title, so going to be an interesting next few weeks.

Tay Melo still has not returned from maternity leave (though she is imminently). So you signed her for your team and you've never been able to use her.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I don't go by overness numbers, I go by the perception levels when assigning percentages figures for the random number generator, though the two do loosely tie together. Regarding this match, Soho and Nightingale are well known and recogniseable respectively while Storm and Baker are both well known, so that swung the percentage in your favour. Soho though is the current TBS champion so that swung it back even. If I remember correctly I ended up giving both sides a 48% chance of winning with 2% for a draw.

Although to top it off with your pairing, it was discovered in that same match that they have zero chemistry teaming together, which makes it worse for you percentage wise for future tag matches involving these two.

Why does the number generator hate me so much? 😭

@Martel123 @christmas_ape @AURELIA @DinoKea @stratusfaction @Dawn @PH71 @KyTeran @Wrestling Machine

WEEK 21 FIXTURES

DYNAMITE
The Spooky Club v The Golden Lion Club - men singles
Timeless Ensemble v Team Swerve - men tag
The Peak of Perfection v TV Network - men singles
The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society v Team WooItsNathan - women singles

COLLISION
The Spooky Club v The Peak of Perfection - men tag
Black Lotus v Team Swerve - women tag
The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society v TV Network - women tag
Timeless Ensemble v The Golden Lion Club - women singles

The deadline for selections is 21:30 UK time 16:30 US East coast time on Tuesday 6 August.

UNAVAILABLE
Tay Melo (maternity leave)
Tenille Dashwood (maternity leave)

POSSIBLY UNAVAILABLE - Depends if working elsewhere
Emi Sakura (Collision only)

Posted (edited)

SHOW PREVIEWS

DYNAMITE
The Spooky Club (Sting - random selection) v The Golden Lion Club (Claudio Castagnoli)
Timeless Ensemble (Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega) v Team Swerve (Santana & Nick Nemeth - random selection)
The Peak of Perfection (MJF) v TV Network (Matt Cardona)
The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society (Serena Deeb - random selection) v Team WooItsNathan (Anna Jay - random selection)
TNT CHAMPIONSHIP - COPE OPEN - Adam Copeland (c) v Jeff Cobb
TBS CHAMPIONSHIP - Ruby Soho (c) v Mickie James
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND - Alex Reynolds v Scorpio Sky

RAMPAGE
OWEN HART FOUNDATION WOMEN'S TOURNAMENT SECOND ROUND - Diamanté v Serena Deeb
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND - Mark Briscoe v Brandon
Red Velvet v Willow Nightingale
Anthony Ogogo v Miro

COLLISION
The Spooky Club (Satnam Singh & Danhausen - random selection) v The Peak of Perfection (Drew Galloway & Jay White
Black Lotus (Jamie Hayter & Kris Statlander) v Team Swerve (Mercedes Moné & Rosemary - default selection)
The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society (Serena Deeb & Riho - random selection) v TV Network (Trinity & Tessa Blanchard)
Timeless Ensemble (Dr Britt Baker D.M.D.) v The Golden Lion Club (Ruby Soho)
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Bryan Danielson (c) v Hook
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND - Keith Lee v Chris Hero
The Patriarchy v Team TNA (trios match)

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 2

PRE SHOW
Megan Bayne beat Riho in 6:50 by submission. 50

AEWDynamite.jpg.caafe0290b82cbf6981e7c865b811ba8.jpg
DYNAMITE
Wednesday, week 2, June 2024
accesso ShoWare Center, Kent, Washington (7,141 capacity)
Announcers: Excalibur, Taz and Tony Schiavone

We start in the parking lot where The Elite arrive in a limo and have Jack Perry and Jake Roberts with them. The Elite are all smiles and act like they are better than everyone, while Perry and Roberts just look pissed off... The group head off inside the arena and as they do so, a screeching of tyres is heard... The camera pans round and a large black pick up truck is hurtling and accelerating towards the limo. The pick up slams into the side of the limo with a very loud crash, almost causing it to topple over and leaving a massive dent in the side and some broken windows... The truck reverse a bit and has minor damage to the front and as the cameraman moves closer, a large smoking skull is seen on the hood/bonnet... It comes as no surprise as Steve Austin gets out of the truck... though Drew Galloway and Eddie Kingston get out too... The three look at the damage to the limo, laugh loudly and head off into the arena. 78

SerenaDeeb.jpg.b2915bce26a444ae9dedb2bf19fa70c0.jpg v AnnaJay5.jpg.36872e9eb78647572c40346c45a36d3a.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society (Serena Deeb) v Team WooItsNathan (Anna Jay)

A decent match and one in which Deeb was in full control off. Then out of the blue, Jay pulled off one of the biggest upsets in the AEW League since it started, winning in 7:49 with a roll up. Deeb is furious, shouting at Deeb and referee Paul Turner that it wasn't three... but Jay wins and Team WooItsNathan have only their third victory of the season. 51
Deeb far out performed Jay 63-37
Deeb benefitted from being in amazing form.

Backstage and we see the World Trios champions, Blackpool Combat Club standing in front of Hechicero. They try itimidation but the masked Alchemist doesn't back down... nor does persuasion work when they try and get him to reveal his Forbidden Door partners... Hechicero says he knows what the BCC are like, they will beat down his team if he tells them who they are... so they can wait like everyone else and find out at Forbidden Door. 44

AlexReynolds.jpg.5d09e5f193b4109a75533a39604fea09.jpg v ScorpioSky7.jpg.8404b050d0921472eea10ed01c1d103b.jpg
Alex Reynolds v Scorpio Sky

Not the best action, though the crowd were generous towards it. Sky edged quite an even match in 9:03 by pinfall with a Blackout. 52

Alex Marvez is backstage with the International champion Roderick Strong and a special guest...
KENTA2.jpg.3bb7c60e07840fa2255c8c382b14b752.jpg
KENTA appears! KENTA says he wants the International Championship... Forbidden Door... Roderick Strong mock laughs as other members of Undisputed Kingdom join him... he tells KENTA he has his match... and he will get his ass kicked. 53

Sting2.jpg.1a8beeb6703a274d0e3d248fde71d3ac.jpg v ClaudioCastagnoli17.jpg.0be5b3de1f5fdf69342fd77c4209fead.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
The Spooky Club (Sting) v The Golden Lion Club (Claudio Castagnoli (World Trios champion))

Sting rolled back the years somewhat as he and Castagnoli put on a decent show. He no sold chops, he hit a Stinger Splash and a Scorpion Death Drop. And at the end he locked in the Scorpion Death Lock in 9:40 to win by submission. The bottom two teams have both won tonight. 63
Castagnoli out performed Sting 66-49

Lexy Nair is here with her AEW League report, he guests this time are Black Lotus. Adam Copeland isn't with them as he is preparing for his Cope Open later on... So Don Callis speaks to a lot of people's displeasure... he says that Konosuke Takeshita is the reason this team are top of the table (joint top with The Peak of Perfection but he conveniently misses that out) and he will be the reason they win the first AEW League title. 62

AEWTBS.jpeg.fd6e71e4c6f552010595f9d6f56b076f.jpeg
RubySoho.jpg.a9209b7a8ece916eac4708067fcee8b9.jpg v MickieJames1.jpg.35ef62a749888672ca388362f313c155.jpg
TBS CHAMPIONSHIP
Ruby Soho (champion) v Mickie James

A bona fide legend and many time World champion and current TNA star challenges for the TBS Championship in her first ever AEW match. As expected she provided stiff opposition for Soho. Soho managed to retain in a decent and even match in 13:21 by pinfall with a Destination Unknown. 59
Ruby Soho has won 10 singles matches in AEW.

Renee Paquette is backstage with Kenny Omega and Hiromu Takahashi... the two talk about Japan, wrestling and NJPW more specifically... before Takahashi says he wants to wrestle Omega at Forbidden Door... Omega agrees to the match, shakes Takahashi's hand and says "let the best man win". 65

MJF7.jpg.1f96c2695c590463d065ec701e948d36.jpg v MattCardona(2).jpg.a00f0d89aa4fd0da3f304447782110a1.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
The Peak of Perfection (MJF) v TV Network (Matt Cardona)

A good match, mainly thanks to the reliable and very good MJF. He played with Cardona at times during the match and while it nearly cost him once when he barely escaped from a roll up, he took the win with some to spare in 12:01 by pinfall with a Heat Seeker. 71
MJF far out performed Cardona 79-53

After the match, MJF gets the mic and says how easy that was and that he wants a challenge at Forbidden Door... a match that will test his skills... a match where his opponent... MJF is cut off by...

Matt Riddle comes out to the ring to a big reception from the AEW crowd... He says he heard MJF wants a match for Forbidden Door... a worthy opponent... Riddle's your bro bro... MJF looks on in part disbelief and part annoyance... and tells Riddle if he wants to show if he is anywhere near MJF's level, then show up to Forbidden Door. 71

AEWTNT.jpg.a94ec48c832cc182a3b4ba6abf674cc5.jpg
AdamCopeland.jpg.ecfc29896625d6833f47627ab2ca2145.jpg v JeffCobb11.jpg.27e856096974d40f1fc32b7fe2cca4c1.jpg
TNT CHAMPIONSHIP
COPE OPEN

Adam Copeland (c) v Jeff Cobb
A good match. Cobb is a tough, powerful opponent and because of this, Copeland had trouble putting him away even though he out wrestled the challenger for a large chunk of the match. He did finally close the match out in 13:54 by pinfall with a Spear. 72 - match of the night
Copeland out performed Cobb 74-60
Cobb benefitted from being in amazing form

Zack Sabre Jr and the World champion Bryan Danielson are backstage. Danielson tells Sabre he is looking forwards to another all time classic on Forbidden Door... Sabre tells Danielson he's not bothered about a classic, though it will happen because he's in the ring... Sabre says he only wants the AEW World Championship... though he also warns Danielson he's not bothered if he fights Danielson or Hook at Forbidden Door, and points out that Danielson has to defend the title against Hook on Collision this week to even make it to Forbidden Door. 72

SamiZayn12.jpg.66d030cb118cdffe17a41fee8726fce2.jpgKennyOmega3.jpg.cc9f107ec42cffd8d402097df8d01705.jpg v Santana4.jpg.a67fc2e5e275d6758935c50d4e35c34c.jpgNickNemeth(1).jpg.66c207c9ad6bcb2464ea442ef40ccc83.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
Timeless Ensemble (Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega) v Team Swerve (Santana (with Konnan) & Nick Nemeth)

A good match, but too one sided and predictable to make it particularly stand out or even be better than matches before it. Timeless Ensemble took the expected win in 13:16 when Zayn pinned Nemeth with a Brainbuster. 69
Zayn 78, Omega 78, Santana 59, Nemeth 58
Konnan did good work at ringside.

Show rating: 70
AEW increased popularity in 9 regions
Attendance: 6,295
TV rating: 1.38 (1,042,048 viewers and 1,843,093 overall)

Dynamite drew the 4th highest AEW crowd in 2024 and the highest for a non pay per view
Dynamite drew the 4th highest AEW TV rating in 2024

QUICK RESULTS
Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega beat Santana & Nick Nemeth (league match)
Adam Copeland beat Jeff Cobb to retain the TNT Championship (5 defences, 46 days reign)
MJF beat Matt Cardona (league match)
Ruby Soho beat Mickie James to retain the TBS Championship (4 defences, 78 days reign)
Sting beat Claudio Castagnoli (league match)
Scorpio Sky beat Alex Reynolds in Owen Hart Foundation Men's Tournament First Round
Anna Jay beat Serena Deeb (league match)

• Like 4

PRE SHOW
Private Party beat Gates of Agony in 6:51 when Quen submitted Kaun. 49

AEWRampage.jpg.89c69f60fcd67b754ed6738731e43173.jpg
RAMPAGE
Wednesday, week 2, June 2024
Broadcast on Friday, week 2, June 2024
accesso ShoWare Center, Kent, Washington (7,141 capacity)
Announce team: Don Callis, Excalibur & Paul Wight

Red Velvet starts Rampage with Renee Paquette, where she says in the main event tonight she’s going to stir it up, mix it up and serve up a beating to Willow Nightingale. 50

OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN’S TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND
Mark Briscoe v Brandon
Not the best of matches, though the crowd that were bothered were firmly behind Briscoe. He easily advanced in 7:49 by pinfall with a Froggy Bow. 50
Briscoe far out performed Brandon 58-38
Briscoe benefitted from public support

Hechicero is backstage where he is with one third of the World Trios champions, Wheeler Yuta… Hechicero says they fight for the titles at Forbidden Door… but next week on Rampage he wants to fight one on one… Yuta agrees and tries to find out who Hechicero’s partners will be at Forbidden Door, but without any success. 32

Anthony Ogogo v Miro

A decent match that surprised some how good it was, though in all honesty, Miro was the reason it was as good as he was. Ogogo is a tough dude, but he was mismatched against Miro who won in 7:33 by submission with Game Over. 57
Miro far out performed Ogogo 68-32

The ever happy Willow Nightingale is now backstage with Renee Paquette… Willow remarks she’s not somebody you can mess around with in the kitchen… behind the smile is a top wrestler… a top wrestler who can fight… so tonight Red Velvet will find out that Willow is on the way up in AEW. 60

OWEN HART FOUNDATION WOMEN’S TOURNAMENT SECOND ROUND
Diamanté (with Konnan) v Serena Deeb

This was a really good match as well, with Diamanté having probably her best outing in an AEW ring. She still came up short though as Deeb reached the Quarter Finals and put behind her shock loss to Anna Jay on Dynamite in 7:43 by pinfall with a Spear. 61 – match of the night
Deeb out performed Diamanté 63-48
Diamanté and Deeb have pretty good chemistry.
Konnan did good work at ringside.

Dark Order are backstage where they challenge Best Friends to a match on Rampage next week. Orange Cassidy is with Best Friends so we assume it will be a trios match. 49

RedVelvet.jpg.ea788bc6b50111d5b1d0e6ed1f01d5d9.jpg v WillowNightingale7.jpg.07e6c89259361fc593deb6f9edfb74ea.jpg
Red Velvet v Willow Nightingale
Velvet was really disappointing in the main event and it spoiled the match to a fair degree. Willow ended up with a comfortable victory because of it, in 10:23 by pinfall with a Fisherman’s Suplex. 52
Nightingale far out performed Velvet 62-27
Velvet was really off her game

Show rating: 54
Attendance: 6,295
TV rating: 0.07 (58,123 viewers and 85,853 overall)

QUICK RESULTS
Willow Nightingale beat Red Velvet
Serena Deeb beat Diamanté in Owen Hart Foundation Women’s Tournament Second Round
Miro beat Anthony Ogogo
Mark Briscoe beat Brandon in Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament First Round

• Like 3

NEWS

Sami Zayn, Kenny Omega, Scorpio Sky and Bishop Kaun returned clean drug tests at Dynamite and Rampage.

TNA held Against All Odds 2024 at Alario Center (South East USA) and it was received very well. 2,048 fans attendance and 43,379 bought the pay per view. In the main event, Trinity beat Mickie James to retain the Knockouts World Championship and performance of the night went to Jonathan Gresham.

Tyson T-Bone has won the TNT Extreme Championship, defeating Clint Margera.
Leon Slater has won the vacant TNT IGNition Championship.
Christi Jaynes has won the AAW Women’s Championship for the second time.
Emi Sakura has won the DPW National Championship.

Sandra Moone and Adriel Noctis have split up.

Jordynne Grace has hit back at social media trolls by posting pictures of herself in the gym and promoting body positively, winning a lot of admiration and support in the online community, especially with young women, and seen her follower count explode.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

PRE SHOW
Top Flight beat The Butcher & The Blade in 8:17 when Darius pinned The Blade with a Red Eye. 58

AEWSaturdayNight.jpg.af923719d4c707db5847d8b34763d63f.jpg
COLLISION
Saturday, week 2, June 2024
Alaska Airlines Center, Anchorage, Alaska (5,000 capacity)
Announcers: Nigel McGuinness, Taz and Tony Schiavone

The Elite and Jack Perry are in the ring to start Collision and to say they look annoyed would be a big understatement. There is no welcoming the fans or faux happiness... and they don't tell Steve Austin to come to the ring, they demand he does... It doesn't take long for glass to shatter and Steve Austin strides to the ring, along with Kenny Omega, Drew Galloway and Eddie Kingston... Austin gets in the ring and straight away gives the middle finger to Matthew and Nicholas Jackson, and right in their face too... At first Austin says nobody demands Steve Austin to do anything... but Austin says he came out here to ask them a couple of questions... where is their limo tonight? ... has it been in an accident? ... to which the crowd laugh... The Jacksons aren't laughing though and they demand that Steve Austin resigns as Chief of Staff and leaves AEW... Austin says nah ah, not going to happen... but it's given him an idea... Blood and Guts next month... five on five... The Elite versus Team Austin... If The Elite win and Austin says he will step down as Chief of Staff and leave AEW... When Team Austin wins, Matt and Nick (Austin's words) Jackson have to step down as EVPs and become rank and file wrestlers... The Elite and Jack Perry confer... and agree, Matthew saying only so they can get rid of Austin and "get our Kenny back"... Austin says he will have five of the toughest SOBs on his team... and that's the bottom line... cos Steve Austin said so. 79

SatnamSingh.jpg.4d9841b13e14b494c465ca4da2bb6961.jpgDanhausen18.jpg.bc0cd4d8f9f2771f8ad55ac99f62b826.jpg v DrewGalloway15.jpg.8e585e0ab391a783860c75a45e840f01.jpgJayWhite.jpg.dbc31a2287914f8ec59f0b0e56e56f69.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
The Spooky Club (Satnam Singh (with Sonjay Dutt) & Danhausen) v The Peak of Perfection (Drew Galloway & Jay White)

Galloway stays in the ring for the night's opening match, a one sided league match where The Peak of Perfection moved to within one point of winning the inaugural AEW League. The win came in 4:53 when White pinned Singh with a Blade Runner. 50
Galloway out performed everyone else (71, next best White 57)
Singh was far worse than everyone else (28, next best Danhausen 53)
Singh was really off his game.
White seemed off his game.
Galloway and White don't work well as a team.
Galloway benefitted from a hot new move.
Danhausen benefitted from public support.

Alex Marvez is backstage with Mercedes Moné, where Moné says she has her Women's World Championship match at All In London and can't wait to win the title in front of the biggest crowd ever... when Alex Marvez says it's Forbidden Door season and he has a special guest...
MaceyEstrella6.jpg.62dcf55d22996c780d538da33ca72e51.jpg
It's Macey Estrella, who tells Moné not too look too far into the future and be careful not to open the wrong door... because the Forbidden Door has opened and she's walked through to show Moné some Southern sass... Moné accepts Estrella's challenge for Forbidden Door, adding the only business this CEO is in is gold. 59
Macey Estrella has debuted with a Southern Belle gimmick, rated great.

SerenaDeeb3.jpg.f5443beb9bf91131fc2ec12add90f575.jpgRiho.jpg.eabd7703f678b5a58b25a82359ec62f8.jpg v Trinity3.jpg.ac8a353a9dfcd851d66c41ee80ac1718.jpgTessaBlanchard.jpg.e3546d304c45a645be7626dfc4594531.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society (Serena Deeb & Riho) v TV Network (Trinity & Tessa Blanchard)

A decent match, far more entertaining than the opener because the wrestling was better and it was a keenly fought contest. BDAS left with three points in 8:13 when Riho pinned Trinity with a Northern Lights Suplex. 51
Trinity was really off her game.
Trinity benefitted from public support.

Renee Paquette is backstage with Daniel Garcia and Ethan Page... both Garcia and Page say they are trying to get themselves noticed in AEW but every new arrival pushes them back another step... so Garcia says he has an idea... Page says yes, let's tag... Garcia says no, we have a match next week, then one of us gets to take a step forward... Page, seemingly having little other option for matches at the moment, agrees. 54

KeithLee6.jpg.e7be3bc7a50a788f557edef3b4bd6fdb.jpg v ChrisHero2.jpg.f6ea79efa3d6f2b8257c9d6091a2b76f.jpg
Keith Lee v Chris Hero

Hero comes out of retirement to enter the Owen Hart Foundation Tournament and to give him credit, he gave a good account of himself and provided a test for Lee. He couldn't overcome his much larger opponent though as Lee advanced in 9:02 by pinfall with a Spirit Bomb. 59
Lee out performed Hero 64-53

It's AEW League Report time as Lexy Nair is with Team WooItsNathan. The league's smallest and officially worst team is in a relatively bouyant move, especially Anna Jay who is very happy she shocked Serena Deeb on Dynamite on Wednesday night to pick up the team's third win of the season. 37

BrittBaker.jpg.8b234d0183acf6d93385db6f9518dba8.jpg v RubySoho4.jpg.5edb5a9f9f17661e08838923e7c46edb.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
Timeless Ensemble (Dr Britt Baker D.M.D. (with Rebel)) v The Golden Lion Club (Ruby Soho (TBS champion))

A decent match though it remains evident that Baker has been struggling somewhat since her return from her latest injury. It led to her being beaten as Soho scored the pinfall in 13:03 with Destination Unknown. 56
Soho out performed Baker 59-48
Baker was really off her game.
Baker was penalised for being in extremely poor form.

Jim Ross conducts a sit down interview ahead of the World Tag Team Championship match at Forbidden Door between the champions Lucha Brothers (who are with Alex Abrahantes) and the challengers Minoru Suzuki and Tomohiro Ishii... it makes for an interesting interview as one team is Mexican and one Japanese, so of course English is neither team's first language... To give JR a lot of credit he did a masterful job of linking everyone together in the interview and Abrahantes also helped his team out with their answers... to make it concise, the champions say they will retain and the challengers says they will win the titles. 66

Christian3.jpg.7ea16743d55e487868b72278d03d057a.jpgKillswitch(1).jpg.05df50b5e43a155850bec15d14af9e9f.jpgNickWayne.jpg.4bc5e0a250f6ca07c9f4834a8c464e17.jpg v AlexShelley14.jpg.690705f823fef5914e5ed2717bd90801.jpgEddieEdwards.jpg.10e27285b84bae957b969115b1060023.jpgMoose.jpg.60ac146a95fe8906edb36fb7f99c4dd4.jpg
The Patriarchy v Team TNA (Alex Shelley (TNA World Heavyweight champion), Eddie Edwards & Moose))
Even though The Patriarchy were wrestling a team from outside of AEW, Tony Schiavone still couldn't bring himself to support Christian Cage for the win, which led to Taz telling Tony to get a grip, he should want AEW to win. Nigel McGuinness of course was fully behind Cage and his Patriarchy.
What happened stunned the Alaskan Airlines Center into silence as Team TNA did pick up the victory in 10:45 when Edwards pinned Killswitch with a Cross-Legged Fisherman's Buster. 61
Shelley debuted with a Made in Detroit gimmick, rated adequate.
Edwards debuted with a Die Hard gimmick, rated very good.
Moose debuted with a Wrestling God gimmick, rated very good.
Cage benefitted from being in amazing form.

MJF is backstage and he storms into a locker room that has a name plate of Matt Riddle on the door. The camera man follows him in where MJF berates Riddle for interrupting him on Wednesday night and tells him if he does it again he will knock his head off... Riddle tells MJF to chill bro... which throws MJF into a rage and he launches at Riddle, laying into him with punches before arena security and AEW officials arrive to pull MJF off. 70

JamieHayter.jpg.641c766d92d254b36522a4749cbc7910.jpgKrisStatlander20.jpg.8362cfe914f05ed4d39290b53446c7fa.jpg v MercedesMon(6).jpg.4eb388d522d5fa5250c3f3fbccef3bba.jpgRosemary(13).jpg.bea1fd59ba89503a3f35939fd3a1e50d.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
Black Lotus (Jamie Hayter (Women's World champion) & Kris Statlander) v Team Swerve (Mercedes Moné & Rosemary)

A really good match and Hayter and Moné both looked very good in the ring, and when they faced off against each other it was top notch, boding very well for their All In London title match. Rosemary struggled to match the others in the ring and this led to defeat in 10:55 when Hayter pinned Rosemary with a Falcon Arrow. 67
Rosemary was worse than everyone else (44, next worst Statlander 59)
Hayter and Statlander benefitted from public support

After the match finished, as Jamie Hayter was having her arm raised by Mike Posey, Maki Itoh rushed to the ring and attacked Hayter ahead of their Forbidden Door title match... Itoh with the element of surprise and the fact that Hayter had just been in a match in her favour, left the Women's World champion prone in the middle of the ring before standing over her holding the title belt aloft. 60

AEWWorld.jpg.de7db922c821fd10b040a1cc857ac4bd.jpg
BryanDanielson14.jpg.03473025285ba2984dbd726e5894c325.jpg v Hook3.jpg.03052df20647bfd03b5f5411649fe02a.jpg
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Bryan Danielson (World champion) v Hook (FTW champion)

With Danielson and Hook in the ring ready to start the match, Zack Sabre Jr's music hit and he walked out to take a seat at ringside, scouting whoever will be champion ahead of his challenge at Forbidden Door.
The match was good, but Hook's limitations at the top level were on show, understandable given he is still so young. He proved a tough test for Danielson, but Danielson was too good, too clever and too experienced. He retained in 19:19 by submission with a Cattle Mutilation. 73 - match of the night
Danielson 87, Hook 46
Hook benefitted from public support.

Show rating: 71
AEW increased popularity in 3 regions
Attendance: 5,000 (sell out)
TV rating: 1.31 (987,789 viewers and 1,399,730 overall)

Collision drew AEW's 12th highest TV rating in 2024.

QUICK RESULTS
Bryan Danielson beat Hook to retain the World Championship (2 defences, 49 days reign)
Jamie Hayter & Kris Statlander beat Mercedes Moné & Rosemary (league match)
Team TNA beat The Patriarchy
Ruby Soho beat Dr Britt Baker D.M.D. (league match)
Keith Lee beat Chris Hero in Owen Hart Foundation Men's Tournament First Round
Serena Deeb & Riho beat Trinity & Tessa Blanchard (league match)
Drew Galloway & Jay White beat Satnam Singh & Danhausen (league match)

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 2