TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

Made an excel that automated basic data from cagematch dot net into what I believe will be the proper format for TEW IX. (I also have different formats for DOB, Height and Weight). 

So far it has date of birth, height and weight for the top 1000 rated workers in cagematch. 

https://1drv.ms/x/c/f72d992529930389/ER6UnFTrC0RJiiDDw7s9DVgBRbV2dd2GRFCKuwJZNxDwKg?e=NWgJKh

Obviously will make a thread once the TEW IX Mods section opens up but feel free to use the data for any real world mod making and may do data pull requests too there. Will also be trying to add all of the cagematch database but as you get more obscure there is less confirmed data (as expected). Will probably also make a csv download once I feel it is more complete in case you don't have excel.

PS This should be view only. If not and I see people editing Ill delete the whole thing. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

I'm very very thrilled about the addition of two new language options and the revamp of European regions! Paired with the geo tagging of locations, this will feel a lot more realistic. The one addition I'd like to see: a lingua franca setting for each region that lessons the 'feeling isolated' effect if a worker doesn't speak the main language (i.e. a British or Australian worker could still communicate in many parts of Europe despite not speaking 'Central European').

44 minutes ago, Astil said:

Made an excel that automated basic data from cagematch dot net into what I believe will be the proper format for TEW IX. (I also have different formats for DOB, Height and Weight). 

So far it has date of birth, height and weight for the top 1000 rated workers in cagematch. 

https://1drv.ms/x/c/f72d992529930389/ER6UnFTrC0RJiiDDw7s9DVgBRbV2dd2GRFCKuwJZNxDwKg?e=NWgJKh

Obviously will make a thread once the TEW IX Mods section opens up but feel free to use the data for any real world mod making and may do data pull requests too there. Will also be trying to add all of the cagematch database but as you get more obscure there is less confirmed data (as expected). Will probably also make a csv download once I feel it is more complete in case you don't have excel.

PS This should be view only. If not and I see people editing Ill delete the whole thing. 

Nice one Astil! This is exactly the kind of stuff the outside editor ability is going to be golden for and you are a gem for doing that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jose13 said:

I know that has always been available, that's why I ask if there's anything stopping us from doing it. :)

I imagine bigger companies could do that, but a small local company that only has popularity in Japan wouldn't have that luxury, unless they want to perform in front of like 10 people outside of Japan.

13 hours ago, snowjorden said:

I almost feel like this should be a relationship type, after all the MeToo stuff.

Tbh I think it would be kinda dark for a TEW game. I feel like this is adequately represented with making workers toxic and having other workers hate them without getting into the horrible stuff they did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astil said:

Really good work! The ability to use an external editor gets me really excited because spreadsheets like this could potentially cut down hours of work that would've needed to be done in TEW2020.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Idolized said:

It's been confirmed as feet and inches a few pages back IIRC

I was hoping for an option that would allow us to choose between cm/kg or ft/in, as a French I am completely unfamiliar with feet and inches.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jose13 said:

I know that has always been available, that's why I ask if there's anything stopping us from doing it. :)

My guess it's there mostly for realism. Let's say you wanna do WM in Florida but a hurricane is coming in, so you'd have to hastily rebook the show in a different location. Would make more sense if you had to "prebook" venues for shows and occur a cost penalty for moving them though.

Reminds me of how WWE did the Pirate theme two WM's in a row because Covid made them have to do WM in the PC instead of in Florida.

The biggest impact will likely be on smaller feds who rely on one region for growth. Say if Tokyo gets hit by a massive monsoon right in the middle of your tour. Either you run the shows anyway to dismal crowds/show ratings or you move the shows and risk doing even worse if you're not popular in that region.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Teldil said:

I can't actually believe that in 2024 the NEW game is going to be using the same, tiny, antiquated, tedious, ugly UI in low resolution that has been used for all the previous games. This is mind boggling stuff and will prevent me from buying the game.

No support for modern 1080p resolution AT THE LEAST is just sad and simply unacceptable for a game coming out in 2024. Sigh.

I have a 2260 x 1600 display, and adjusting the scaling to 185% in Windows 11 makes TEW fill about 95% of the screen.

image_2024-07-17_001420646.png

Edited by chase317
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Morti said:

Eyy Scandinavia changed to northern europe like I suggested for tew 2020 😎

I don't understand the difference? Is it just that this allows Iceland to be included?

Edited by d12345

Optional Oversaturation

By request, oversaturation penalties (where a company gets penalised for running too many shows in the same region in a short space of time) have now been made optional.

Hell yeah! Finally I can run a proper national promotion in any European country

Really, really, really happy with the spillover updates. Will these be applied at game start (so, say, Burning Hammer's top stars having more pop in the U.S. at the start of a save than they did in 2020 even if they lack a TV deal) or will that have to wait? 

Also the loyalty change is great! The spillover and loyalty changes together may finally make my dreams of TCW Champion Kozue Kawashima reality. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SomeDude03 said:

Really, really, really happy with the spillover updates. Will these be applied at game start (so, say, Burning Hammer's top stars having more pop in the U.S. at the start of a save than they did in 2020 even if they lack a TV deal) or will that have to wait? 

Also the loyalty change is great! The spillover and loyalty changes together may finally make my dreams of TCW Champion Kozue Kawashima reality. 

Spillover is automatically always applied when a new game starts; it's an ongoing process, not a one-off event.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Vinsmoker said:

And Finland, Estonia, Latvia & Lithuania

The Baltics are in the new region, "Eastern-Central Europe (Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, The Baltic States)". I think the change is because Finland and Iceland are not 'Scandinavian'. They are 'Nordic' countries. Finnish is also not a Scandinavian language.

• Like 2

Pretty dang hyped for both ultra spillover and new products!  One feature request that makes me think of, is to add an editor button to automatically set (or even just show) the spillover for us, so like I could put somebody as 90 in the US and have it autofill (or just show us) stuff that makes sense for the rest of the world.

Edited by Yuzu Adagio
  • Like 6

I'm loving all the "Role Playing" features announced so far. Anything that makes the game world feel more alive (and having the UC more a part of that world) is a good thing in my book. However I am a little disappointed that promotion products are seemingly hard coded again. While I don't necessarily want to go back to the system used in 2016, there are potentially other ways to implement customization.

• Like 4

Not a big fan of how the spillover system is implemented if I'm reading it right. 74 wouldn't get you the bonus but 75 would? It's a very arbitrary number. Something with increasing gains as you climb higher and higher rather than a switch being flipped at 75+ would be better imo

Edited by Questlove
  • Like 8

53 minutes ago, Questlove said:

Not a big fan of how the spillover system is implemented if I'm reading it right. 74 wouldn't get you the bonus but 75 would? It's a very arbitrary number. Something with increasing gains as you climb higher and higher rather than a switch being flipped at 75+ would be better imo

Its a switch at 75,80,85,90 and 95. That seems like what your saying no?

Edited by Astil