TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, Astil said:

At the bottom of the PA huh. So Id never see it because of the 45 messages about my roster being mad at me ;)

this. I used to give bonus then I stopped (More fun) but half my guys are mad at me. Sorry you got hurt by a botch move from Asstil not really my fault. but ok

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ShaunGBD said:

this. I used to give bonus then I stopped (More fun) but half my guys are mad at me. Sorry you got hurt by a botch move from Asstil not really my fault. but ok

Oh im just ignoring when people complain about losing then making them lose more lol.

The child companies thing is very big for me personally as it allows me to leave say forbidden door and not have my child company shipping my workers to japan still

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluestillidie00 said:

for all the talk about resolutions and processing speed, this is the deal breaker for me. I haven't used QLM so it could be different, but if need to unlicense the game when i want to play in bed on my laptop, then it's a firm skip for me

It takes seconds to change the license. But if that's an issue, why not just play it on your laptop anyway?

We’re getting close to the end.

im really REALLY hoping for a change to the regions required for a promotion to move up in size. Right now the regions are really problematic for wcw or nwa based on being based in south east. 

38 minutes ago, justtxyank said:

We’re getting close to the end.

im really REALLY hoping for a change to the regions required for a promotion to move up in size. Right now the regions are really problematic for wcw or nwa based on being based in south east. 

Did you post this in the suggestions forum? I don't see anything related to this.

1 hour ago, Undertaker666 said:

It takes seconds to change the license. But if that's an issue, why not just play it on your laptop anyway?

The game is also optimised for laptops. On a widescreen monitor is looks really small, and upscaling the font makes it look a lot worse, with it still not taking up the screen. But it's true that - with a few shortcuts on your taskbar - even with E-license it takes just tens of seconds to make the switch. I'd be more concerned about you having to put your savefile on a stick/OneDrive and transfer it. That would take more time. You should know how many skip these games because they are not on Steam... Hard to grasp how that's a dealbreaker.

Today's announcements seem irrelevant for me personally, but it's hard to oppose any QoL change at all, even though the impact of some of these seems minor. I'll still be happy to play this game instead of my scheduled TEW20 play, with the supposition that it will be a strictly better game than TEW20.

• Like 1

While I agree the announcements today aren't "gobsmacking amazing" or anything, the logos getting their own folder, and the agers being changed to just gimmicks in general is a neat idea. I thought TEW2020 was pretty great all around until Adam unveiled TEW IX so, I appreciate any update and improvement nonetheless.

17 hours ago, ShaunGBD said:

sure. but what can it possible be? 

As long as people keep posting how they are willing to give Adam their money no matter what, don't be shocked if the price tag has increased since 2020.

• Haha 1

Super excited about all the changes. I got the game about 4 months ago and am still excited to see the new game and feel even more immersed in the game world. 

I know it's late to the party to suggest things, but if maybe for TEW X, can we suggest wrestlers to start wearing a self-own mask? It sometimes feels weird that I can force most wrestlers to just wear a random company-owned mask and, (at least for me,) never have them say anything about the mask, they just accept it. My family is from Mexico and I try to make a mask-required company in the C-verse for some background. 

Thank you again! 

I'm very excited about the new TEW game!

In the last version I tried to build a European federation. One thing that annoyed me was that The British Isles and Europe didn't influence each others very much. Since UK is a part of Europe you would think that there would be more spillover. Companies in UK and Europe should be fighting for the same talents and also more TV-stations should have both UK and Europe as their target audience. I hope that this can be adjusted in the new game.

Keep up the great work! 

18 minutes ago, xxerikxx said:

I'm very excited about the new TEW game!

In the last version I tried to build a European federation. One thing that annoyed me was that The British Isles and Europe didn't influence each others very much. Since UK is a part of Europe you would think that there would be more spillover. Companies in UK and Europe should be fighting for the same talents and also more TV-stations should have both UK and Europe as their target audience. I hope that this can be adjusted in the new game.

Keep up the great work! 

I'm not sure there should be too much spillover? As a casual wrestling fan from the UK I can name exactly 0 real world promotions on the continent 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kingster said:

As long as people keep posting how they are willing to give Adam their money no matter what, don't be shocked if the price tag has increased since 2020.

I have invested more hours into TEW since the original then all other games combined.  I would gladly pay more.  I know people complain about a hefty price tag for a text based games but personally I play hours and hours of this game and feel its worth every penny

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Undertaker666 said:

It takes seconds to change the license.

Agreed, but in a world where I can close a game like Football Manager, then open my laptop in bed, load the save from the cloud and continue exactly where I left off with no work needed from me in between, having to remember to do this every time feels incredibly archaic.

Then there's also the issue of if hardware dies, forgetting to unlicense all the greydog games between windows installs and so on, it's an awful experience as a user. TEW is very much a "phase" game for me, where times i forget it exists, other times its top priority. Reinstalling windows I've forgotten to unlicense on more than one occasion. Sure its resolved by an email, but the system feels straight out of 2007.

4 hours ago, Undertaker666 said:

Because sometimes I want to use the expensive computer that I've built. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

Did you post this in the suggestions forum? I don't see anything related to this.

Adam I would have typed “yes” to this but after searching I can’t find really any of my old posts in the suggestions forum so I don’t know. Honestly I’ve played this game so long and had so many conversations i don’t know what was posted or said to someone in discord!!!

16 minutes ago, Markw said:

I'm not sure there should be too much spillover? As a casual wrestling fan from the UK I can name exactly 0 real world promotions on the continent 😅

Well I'm creating one with base in Scandinavia and we're going to steal all the UK-talents  :)

6 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

I've changed the inactive title message to be after a month.

I do think some of you are misunderstanding the entry though - it's a single line of text at the bottom of the personal assistant. It's very easy to ignore if you're not interested in it and it's explicitly not saying that you need to book the title now, it's just reminding you to maybe take a look at it next time you book a show.

That makes more sense. Can I suggest maybe in a future update tying each titles message into the AI instructions on how often a title should be defended?

1 hour ago, justtxyank said:

Adam I would have typed “yes” to this but after searching I can’t find really any of my old posts in the suggestions forum so I don’t know. Honestly I’ve played this game so long and had so many conversations i don’t know what was posted or said to someone in discord!!!

OK - I'm not seeing anything related to what you've said, so I think you must have posted it elsewhere. I'm happy to consider patching something in post-release, but you'd need to make a post giving details as I can't tell from your earlier post what the issue is or what you're looking to have it changed to. I'd recommend you wait for the IX suggestions forum to open btw, as otherwise it'll likely get removed when the old forum gets closed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluestillidie00 said:

Then there's also the issue of if hardware dies, forgetting to unlicense all the greydog games between windows installs and so on, it's an awful experience as a user. TEW is very much a "phase" game for me, where times i forget it exists, other times its top priority. Reinstalling windows I've forgotten to unlicense on more than one occasion. Sure its resolved by an email, but the system feels straight out of 2007.

This isn't the case with QLM. Users can unlicense and license via the website, so you don't need access to the machine in question and therefore hardware issues or Windows reinstalls won't affect it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I do think some of you are misunderstanding the entry though - it's a single line of text at the bottom of the personal assistant. It's very easy to ignore if you're not interested in it and it's explicitly not saying that you need to book the title now, it's just reminding you to maybe take a look at it next time you book a show.

Absolutely not a criticism as I love this small detail whether it's two weeks or a month, but maybe it could be user defined or editable by company in the editor to replicate WWE being content with Reigns going months without defending, for example, assuming the AI also factors this into their booking.

2 minutes ago, azzak said:

Absolutely not a criticism as I love this small detail whether it's two weeks or a month, but maybe it could be user defined or editable by company in the editor to replicate WWE being content with Reigns going months without defending, for example, assuming the AI also factors this into their booking.

I think people are overthinking this. I'll try and clarify. On your office screen, you'd be seeing a line of text that says "The title name belt hasn't been defended in X days". It doesn't have any impact on booking (or anything else), it's just a little reminder. You could completely ignore it and let it get into thousands of days, it still wouldn't affect anything.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

I think people are overthinking this. I'll try and clarify. On your office screen, you'd be seeing a line of text that says "The title name belt hasn't been defended in X days". It doesn't have any impact on booking (or anything else), it's just a little reminder. You could completely ignore it and let it get into thousands of days, it still wouldn't affect anything.

Yeah my bad, I had misunderstood! Still a great and much welcome addition though. As are all the other announcements - I hadn't got round to posting on this topic yet but very excited for the release. 

Hero

I am really impatient !

Can we filter the "match history" of a wrestler to only see 1vs1?

Because with the Japanese companies I find myself with hundreds of 5vs5s and struggle to see the "real" clashes between two wrestlers.

Edited by The Frenchy
  • Like 3

Maybe a drop down menu with different match types, 1v2, 2v2, 3v3, All, etc.?  Seems like the 1v1s would be easy to pick out anyway, but if you're going down that road....