TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, The Frenchy said:

I am really impatient !

Can we filter the "match history" of a wrestler to only see 1vs1?

Because with the Japanese companies I find myself with hundreds of 5vs5s and struggle to see the "real" clashes between two wrestlers.

I tend to keep a separate Excel with just the 1v1 matches where I figure a player will want to get a win back or whatever.

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered previously.. but are we able to make the game full screen this year? I don't care if the resolution stays "poor", I just get far too distracted with icons and such showing in the back. 

23 minutes ago, natey2k4 said:

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered previously.. but are we able to make the game full screen this year? I don't care if the resolution stays "poor", I just get far too distracted with icons and such showing in the back. 

he said no

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, natey2k4 said:

Right click on your desktop > View > uncheck "Show Desktop Icons" and you can hide them

You can also play with display resolution and the scale settings in Display settings to get the game to take up more of the screen.

• Like 1

I hope touring in general works better overall. As it was, it was just better to schedule the shows as regular events and run them that way to maximize attendance and profit. If you did tour shows you'd draw 25% of your maximum or so regardless of what you put on the card and your popularity gains were virtually nil. They were shows just to run shows and totally meaningless.

I personally never ran into the "too many shows in the same location" thing that people bring up and I'd book anywhere between 3 to 10 shows per month playing as a Japanese company. If I ever ran into the penalty, it wasn't severe enough to be too noticeable. And now that restriction has been lessened even more so. 

Hopefully now there's a *reason* to run a tour schedule. 

Edited by Hawk1665
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Adam Ryland changed the title to TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

AI Talent Hunters

By request, the AI hiring has been upgraded to make them significantly better at identifying and actively going after young talent with excellent potential rather than primarily sticking to going after established workers. This makes the AI more competitive and helps keep the game world fresh as young stars are much less likely to get stuck working the independents

Tears of joy in my eyes with the chicken that Adam is offering us for the new TEW.

• Like 1

Improved AI hiring, ring announcers, celebrities, and the new angle system are the biggest additions for me. Was hoping to get a new game area though to be able to run Saudi shows for blood money, but I understand I can't have it all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The lack of new regions is a little disappointing, but the new celebrity feature is definitely a welcome addition! I'm excited to see all the new attributes as well as seeing how all the new adjustments feel once I play the full game next week.

• Like 2

Does this mean worker popularity will be handled differently?  I mean, obviously big time celebrities like The Rock and Donald Trump and various others of their like would have to be pretty much a hundred, no?  It'd be hard a wrestler, even maybe a Stone Cold Steve Austin to get too close to that.  Just wondering what it'll be like, is all.

Edited by dvdWarrior
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dvdWarrior said:

Does this mean worker popularity will be handled differently?  I mean, obviously big time celebrities like The Rock and Donald Trump and various others of their like would have to be pretty much a hundred, no?  It'd be hard a wrestler, even maybe a Stone Cold Steve Austin to get too close to that.  Just wondering what it'll be like, is all.

Adam specifically stated, 

"To take a real world example, you probably wouldn't want to be setting The Rock as a celebrity - if you did, he'd be subject to all the special bonuses and restrictions and you'd end up with behaviours that you probably don't want."

So you probably shouldn't list him as a celebrity in this case. Either way, celebrities on his level should easily be 90+, but we haven't found out the full restrictions of booking celebrities in TEW IX just yet.

• Like 3

Some good updates today. I just wanna say thanks for making the beta version run for 3 months again. Iirc, it used to be a 1 month run, then right after the launch of TEW2020 it was extended to 3 months. Nice to see this is the new norm, we get a decent offering of the new game and coupled with figuring out all the new changes and how the Cverse has evolved, it should keep us quite busy till the full release.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheDeep5ix said:

Adam specifically stated, 

"To take a real world example, you probably wouldn't want to be setting The Rock as a celebrity - if you did, he'd be subject to all the special bonuses and restrictions and you'd end up with behaviours that you probably don't want."

So you probably shouldn't list him as a celebrity in this case. Either way, celebrities on his level should easily be 90+, but we haven't found out the full restrictions of booking celebrities in TEW IX just yet.

Ahh, sorry about that.  Somehow missed that one.  

37 minutes ago, d12345 said:

Improved AI hiring, ring announcers, celebrities, and the new angle system are the biggest additions for me. Was hoping to get a new game area though to be able to run Saudi shows for blood money, but I understand I can't have it all!

Ring announcers? When was that announced?

Edited by Puroresu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Puroresu said:

Ring announcers? When was that announced?

He brought them up when saying that announcers will be changing to play-by-play, but nothing else was ever said about them, AFAIK. So I'd say it's 50/50 whether they're in the game or not.

Looking forward to the beta release & loving all of the new additions for this iteration of TEW, especially all of the new options to do a not-so-serious save to play as the worst owner imaginable, such as mocking workers to try to get them to improve their mic skills.

Question on the celebrities addition: How would it be best to implement someone like Logan Paul into a real world mod? He has a huge following on Youtube, yet he's been willing to work more WWE shows than your average celebrity.

21 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

Oh man I don’t know if anyone else is excited about this feature but I’m thrilled about the minis classification! 

I always struggled having them in databases in the past. So glad this was added.

celebrity classification sounds like a perfect addition as well. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Spoons said:

He brought them up when saying that announcers will be changing to play-by-play, but nothing else was ever said about them, AFAIK. So I'd say it's 50/50 whether they're in the game or not.

He was just giving a reason for the change - he didn't want people getting play-by-play announcers confused with ring announcers. He was not saying that ring announcers had been added to the game (although that would be a nice feature).

• Like 6