Which Workers do You Think are Going to Have Major Jumps from 2020-2022

With the recent announcement of the game, I was just interested in seeing some of your ideas on who may go from obscure to underground favorite, or from underground favorite to star. Stuff like that.

Whether it be a massive increase in qualities, or just getting more popularity, who do you think are taking the big jumps in the next database? 

• Like 1

If I had my way:

Masa Kurata (my cverse #1) will either be leading WLW to the promised land or running the BHOTWG junior division. If WLW is still around, Nichiren Amagawa and Naoji Azumi will be big stars in Japan too. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pentagon said:

The PSW 4 (Campbell, Logan, Youngman, Callum) will all be in major promotions doing well

James Diaz is on his way to becoming the big gaijin star of PGHW (poor Matt Blackburn)

I'm really hoping James Diaz doesn't have the Young Lion tag on him when the game starts. He was someone I almost always signed no matter the size or location of the company and I would love to be able to start games in Japan where I don't have to book around him being a Young Lion.

49 minutes ago, SomeDude03 said:

I'm really hoping James Diaz doesn't have the Young Lion tag on him when the game starts. He was someone I almost always signed no matter the size or location of the company and I would love to be able to start games in Japan where I don't have to book around him being a Young Lion.

I could see him being either fast tracked and surpassing the Young Lion system and being the Historical Japan champion or succeeding on excursion in VWA

1: Alina America will become a huge star, in either USPW or another major companies women's division.

2: Swoop will become an Internationally known household name. Basically like 85-86 Hogan or 98-99 Austin.

3: Angry Gilmore, Big Cast Brandon, and Rich Money have already retired

4: Nicky Champion becomes a massive Roman Reigns type of heel (not sure if this fits the prompt or is more for the predictions thread)

5: Poor Ernest Youngman is still on the indies waiting for a call back from the big 3.

• Like 1

1: Electric Dreamer is simply too good to remain a local star. Either OLLIE will grow, or she'll out-grow OLLIE.

2: High Flying Hawaiian will be in the world title mix in SWF.

3: Eddie Howard will be a top singles star in the US.

4: Aldous Blackfriar will lead a version of the Dark Watch in a major company.

5: Crimson Ghost will either have won either the Best of the Super Juniors or the Burning Junior Heavyweight Championship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nob0t said:

1: Alina America will become a huge star, in either USPW or another major companies women's division.

2: Swoop will become an Internationally known household name. Basically like 85-86 Hogan or 98-99 Austin.

3: Angry Gilmore, Big Cast Brandon, and Rich Money have already retired

4: Nicky Champion becomes a massive Roman Reigns type of heel (not sure if this fits the prompt or is more for the predictions thread)

5: Poor Ernest Youngman is still on the indies waiting for a call back from the big 3.

Swoop jumping ship ala Okada would make so much sense lol. Maurice Jackson or Loxley Robbins filling his spot would be cool. 

I agree on retirements wouldn’t hate if there was more. Rocky Golden turning heel before Nicky Champion IMO. No way Ernest is still in PSW. He’d have to develop a drug problem, regressed, or has a MASSIVE attitude problem to justify it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, JrSquared said:

Swoop jumping ship ala Okada would make so much sense lol. Maurice Jackson or Loxley Robbins filling his spot would be cool. 

I agree on retirements wouldn’t hate if there was more. Rocky Golden turning heel before Nicky Champion IMO. No way Ernest is still in PSW. He’d have to develop a drug problem, regressed, or has a MASSIVE attitude problem to justify it. 

Oh yeah I can see that too. I don't think RAW will suffer badly if Swoop leaves, they'll just have a small cooling down period. The Swoop revolution will be broadcasted and televised worldwide

I put that Ernest thing in as a joke because he's a big fan favourite and everyone is predicting that he's going to be signed to one of the big 3 or 2. In all honestly the mod will probably start as soon as he gets signed up.

Idk Rocky just seems too clean cut for me. A lifelong babyface type. Champion has always given me the "Oh he'll kill it as a heel too" and he reminds me more as Roman Reigns in the sense that he was Sam Strong's pet project like Reigns was Vince's. Also yes there needs to be more retirements in CV22 to truly establish the new generation of workers

Edited by nob0t

1. As others have stated, a Native American Bloodline with Champion, Wolf, and maybe bring in the two indy Native Americans would go hard. 

2. Big Indy signings would be Ernest to SWF, Logan and Nelson to TCW (similar to how they signed Gauge and Remus back to back) and some combo of Blaze/Tennessee Williams/Ali/Blackfrair go to USPW

3. CZCW start making a big name for themselves, maybe become a AEW type promotion with Pee Wee finally using some of that money (or they bring in a Tony Khan like character) 

4. MAW finally start rotating names (get Josh Jacobs and Deuce out of there) and start making new stars again. The Architect finally gets the big push I've been hoping for since 2016 lmao. 

5. The big signing...Wolf Hawkins to USPW. AA takes on the AJ Styles like role sticking with the company way longer then expected, and Jay Chord firmly takes the lead heel spot. 

6. CWA get there own performance center going since House Of Stone is now independent. Maybe we can get more canonized DeColt/Stone/Bloodstone/McFly kids 

7. Champange Lover is back and building up to a big match with whoever EILL firmly puts themselves behind as the next big face. 

8. I could see the British/European scene finally getting more deep. Maybe a mid tier promotion/exodus from some 21CW guys to get things moving

9. I've always been a bit annoyed that Yoshimi and Koiso retire right at the start of the game, I could see either or starting a whole new promotion (akin to NOAH/BCG on a bigger scale) and maybe they could come out of retirement to bring legitimacy (probably not.) 

10. Moonchild changes his gimmick to Epitaph and goes on a killer run in RAW 😁

• Like 3

Either KC Glenn or Matthew Keith (or both!) return to America for one of the big 3. 

And a personal one, but Charlie Corner is signed to NYCW, pushed hard, and is either the Empire champion or challenging for the belt at the beginning of the save. NYCW is a throwback promotion and Charlie Corner feels like rookie Hulk Hogan. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Martel123 said:

3. CZCW start making a big name for themselves, maybe become a AEW type promotion with Pee Wee finally using some of that money (or they bring in a Tony Khan like character) 

I've been planning a diary based around this Pee Wee concept off and on for years but have only gotten as far as creating logos and writing an intro, so I'd love to see it implemented into the canon.

• Like 1

Fuyuko Higa should be one that gets a big one since in 2020, she was just about to break out. Will be interesting to see how she does with how good she is. Having a 5SSW as a medium company is probably too much but I want to dream.

• Like 1

I think Matty Faith makes a major leap as a worker and in SQ given the constant comparisons to his dad.

Phoenix IV seems destined to be a main eventer in OLLIE but was still starting from the bottom last time we saw him. He’s probably in the midcard by now. 

Same goes for Marco Gonzalez in FCW.

SUKI seemed like he was still getting his footing in BCG. Should be a no brainer as a top star. 

Sayeed Ali and Ash Campbell should be two of the top guys in PSW if they haven’t been poached.

I can see someone like Cowboy Buck Winchester (or The Outlaw, Bradley Blaze) be taken by TCW/SWF and given a decent mid card push. Sal DiMeo will be a main eventer type in NYCW. His character will take off in the region. Spencer Spade will be this games Jay Chord where its right before his main event run. Austin Smooth will be upper mid carder in PSW. Fro Sure will be huge star but because his music and on hiatus as a wrestler. 

Contrary I feel like there will be a drawback on someone like Rich Money's "protege" Sterling Whitlock will get main event push that backfired. 

Kinda related to this, has there ever been something like a C-Verse wiki or something that might cover major events? I'm intent on playing a C-Verse game this time around, but would love to delve into a bit of history before it's out.

2 hours ago, mrwright86 said:

Kinda related to this, has there ever been something like a C-Verse wiki or something that might cover major events? I'm intent on playing a C-Verse game this time around, but would love to delve into a bit of history before it's out.

Tommy Cornell | TEW Games Wiki | Fandom

Theres pages on big companies and stars that have been around for years. 

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow I can see Youngman ending up in Canada. Fed up with a lack of big opportunities in the US. Playing to his strengths by wrestling for a more performance-heavy promotion. True to his whole Bret Hart vibe. And still close enough to the States if any player wants to snatch him.

• Like 1

Probably time for Greg Gauge to be on top of the card in whatever American promotion he's in.

If Landon Mallory hasn't been poached out of Europe it's malpractice.

Gino Montero in Mexico as the biggest star in Lucha.

In puro, I'm thinking Suki, GIdayu Katou, and someone random like Big Boss Emperor as upper midcarder/stars

In Joshi, Fuyuko Higa is probably a star in a big promotion terrorizing a locker room.