General Gameplay Questions Thread

Which note is worse on the bodies of the workers?:

- "The intensely physical style (...)" from the Pseudo Sport product (for instance)

- "This style is hard on the workers (...K) from Fast & Furious product

I'd imagine Fast & Furious would be the worst on wear & tear, but I have no idea how it is in-game.

How do you get someone's popularity to grow from angles? I have a worker who has 0 Pop (Mellow Flasheart) and I want to get her over and then use her as a manager because she has very good entertainment skills. So I gave her the Obsessive Fan gimmick and have put her in a few angles with the wrestler she's a fan of, but it hasn't grown her pop at all. I know that once I make her a manager and give her a client her pop will grow from there, but I was hoping to get her off to a better start and have her grown from the angles.

16 hours ago, Seanaxel01 said:

Not sure if this has been asked before, but how do I get my Child Company to hire their own workers? Do i have to remove the "Accept Developmental Deal" under Relationship?

Update on this as I asked this when I wasn't able to play the game.

So yes Child Companies just like in 2020 will hire workers if you remove "Accept Developmental deal" under relationship and you could also adjust the hiring rules in the in-game editor.

Is there such a thing as wrestler beat in the game? I want to emulate Dominick mysterio with a character from the C-verse and I’m interested if he can generate heat by doing scumbag things. Excuse me if this is in the in game manual but I am currently away from my laptop and I cannot seem to find the answer online

19 minutes ago, Mr_Hendrix said:

So, I look at my dirt sheet notes and a lot of my PPV matches get penalized for "low storyline heat" but then I go check the storyline and it says "extremely hot"

So what gives??

So I'm pretty sure that there is a number "under the hood" with regards to storyline heat, and the text like "extremely hot" is relative to your company's pop (or size).

If you put on a match or segment that has a higher rating than the hidden one for the storyline heat, you'll get a note that the storyline is getting hotter but get dinged in the dirt sheet because the segment was better than the storyline is perceived. Conversely, if the segment/match rating is worse than the storyline heat, you get a note saying the storyline is getting colder but you will get a dirt sheet bonus because of the storyline's heat.

I'm not 100% if that's how it works, but that's my understanding of it. From my experience the positive and negatives never seemed to make that big of a difference.

• Like 1

Going off of its description, I think All-In Nirvana should be neutral to sponsors instead of attractive because of how deathmatches are perceived/ not penalized and the fact that they will be more common then Wrestling Nerd Nirvana does. Also it fits more with the current system every other product that's attractive to sponsors has Deathmatches at least penalized. 

11 hours ago, moststay said:

Going off of its description, I think All-In Nirvana should be neutral to sponsors instead of attractive because of how deathmatches are perceived/ not penalized and the fact that they will be more common then Wrestling Nerd Nirvana does. Also it fits more with the current system every other product that's attractive to sponsors has Deathmatches at least penalized. 

The thing is, All-In Nirvana was created specifically to be closer to AEW, which does have the occasional deathmatch, but doesn't overuse them, so I feel like it's still fine.

Silly question, but is there a way to bring back wrestler who has left the business? On 2020 there was a workaround by becoming a user avatar then leaving the game, but it doesn't seem doable now.

If not I've buggered myself up a bit as was expecting to be able to do this and marked a worker having "left" with the idea they make a grand return in a couple of years time.

26 minutes ago, leezel101 said:

Silly question, but is there a way to bring back wrestler who has left the business? On 2020 there was a workaround by becoming a user avatar then leaving the game, but it doesn't seem doable now.

If not I've buggered myself up a bit as was expecting to be able to do this and marked a worker having "left" with the idea they make a grand return in a couple of years time.

Adam responded to this topic in the suggestion forum:

https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/58920-left-the-business/#comment-1515693

What role would you give an Authority Figure in an angle? I'm running a thing where a guy makes a challenge and then the authority figure comes in to stick his oar in and I'm not sure if that counts as character development or cutting a promo. 

2 minutes ago, 1PWfan said:

What role would you give an Authority Figure in an angle? I'm running a thing where a guy makes a challenge and then the authority figure comes in to stick his oar in and I'm not sure if that counts as character development or cutting a promo. 

Could be either depending on what he's actually doing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Crunch said:

Could be either depending on what he's actually doing.

Good point- I have him basically saying 'no, you can't just have this match, if the other guy agrees then fine but right now I'm not just making a match 'cos your mate got beat up'- naturally that plays into the main event finish. Writing it down I figure it's character development, setting up the commissioner as kind of a douche, but maybe it's cutting a promo for just general mic work?

4 minutes ago, 1PWfan said:

Good point- I have him basically saying 'no, you can't just have this match, if the other guy agrees then fine but right now I'm not just making a match 'cos your mate got beat up'- naturally that plays into the main event finish. Writing it down I figure it's character development, setting up the commissioner as kind of a douche, but maybe it's cutting a promo for just general mic work?

I'd say character development. Generally I save cutting a promo for things where the text is the important bit.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Doctor Crunch said:

I'd say character development. Generally I save cutting a promo for things where the text is the important bit.

Does the choice in the angle actually make a difference? Cuz I usually pick "cutting a promo" whenever someone is talking

1 hour ago, Mr_Hendrix said:

Does the choice in the angle actually make a difference? Cuz I usually pick "cutting a promo" whenever someone is talking

The role affects how well a given worker will fare on the angle you're booking. You can find a lot of helpful info on the handbook (question mark top right, section 15). 

For the given case:

Cutting a promo is rated primarly on Microphone and popularity. 

Character Development uses Charimas, Microphone and popularity. 

You can try to optimize angles for workers, which is a more game-y approach, but honestly you will be fine if you just choose whichever role best fits your vision for the angle.

2 hours ago, 1PWfan said:

I consider cutting a promo to be more monologues, for lack of a better term.  Like one person speaking for 2 minutes, then another person speaking for 2 minutes, or an interviewer asking a singular question, and the person speaking on it without interrupting for a couple of minutes.

22 minutes ago, Veenetor said:

The role affects how well a given worker will fare on the angle you're booking. You can find a lot of helpful info on the handbook (question mark top right, section 15). 

For the given case:

Cutting a promo is rated primarly on Microphone and popularity. 

Character Development uses Charimas, Microphone and popularity. 

You can try to optimize angles for workers, which is a more game-y approach, but honestly you will be fine if you just choose whichever role best fits your vision for the angle.

Thank you! I remember it being much easier to find these breakdowns in prior games, so for this game I wasn't sure how these roles were calculated. I'm gonna try using Character Development instead of Cutting Promos and see if it helps my ratings.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spoons said:

The thing is, All-In Nirvana was created specifically to be closer to AEW, which does have the occasional deathmatch, but doesn't overuse them, so I feel like it's still fine.

Yeah, that's why I think it should  neutral to Sponsors. Favorable to Sponsors is something that would widely appeal to casual fans, I don't feel that any product that utilizes Deathmatches in real life is popular with casuals.