Mod Preview, Questions & Resources Thread

Trying out something new for TEW IX since the additions announced should hopefully lead to a more prosperous modding community. Much like in the diary/dynasty section, this thread will be for any smaller or more general modding questions but also a place for any previews of mods for anyone who isn't quite ready to open up a full thread.

• Like 1

Useful modding resources will be edited into this post as and when they come up so that there is an easily accessible place to find them.

Mod Conversion ChecklistUseful information for turning a TEW2020 mod into a TEWIX version.

How to Install a Mod: A step by step guide for installing a mod.

Total Extreme Maps: A series of maps and discussion about how the game world is divided up.

[Guide] Mass Renaming Images to Merge Picture Packs: A guide on how to mass rename images to use your preferred file type.

Mega Match Mod - A smorgasbord of matches available to import into any mod.

For real world modders

Freeware Worker Resource for Real World Modders

Real World General Information

Real World Employment History (as of August 1996)

• Like 2

In the editor under events you can set an event to be in December and the Third Saturday Of The Month. But then lower down it says Next Scheduled, do I then have to go through the calender to find out what date the Last Saturday in December actually is? Also how does Position shift work?

event.jpg.97d2e2193c508f3419181ee0a0771e73.jpg

31 minutes ago, Callum07 said:

In the editor under events you can set an event to be in December and the Third Saturday Of The Month. But then lower down it says Next Scheduled, do I then have to go through the calender to find out what date the Last Saturday in December actually is? Also how does Position shift work?

event.jpg.97d2e2193c508f3419181ee0a0771e73.jpg

There are buttons are the bottom that say something like "Move Schedule Forward/Backward". Just use those to get the date for the year you want and the game will do the next one automatically once you've held this one.

Positioning shift works by look at the positioning and, well, shifting the event date from that. So if you said Third Saturday of the Month and positioning shift of -2 days then you'd get the date two days prior. It's not really useful for single events except things like Black Friday (as per the dev diary) but looks to be super useful for tours because you can set the tour ender and the tour shows to have the same positioning and then just use the shift to move the individual tour events back to space them properly and ensure you don't get any random things like night 11 taking place after the main show.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jhd1 said:

There are buttons are the bottom that say something like "Move Schedule Forward/Backward". Just use those to get the date for the year you want and the game will do the next one automatically once you've held this one.

Positioning shift works by look at the positioning and, well, shifting the event date from that. So if you said Third Saturday of the Month and positioning shift of -2 days then you'd get the date two days prior. It's not really useful for single events except things like Black Friday (as per the dev diary) but looks to be super useful for tours because you can set the tour ender and the tour shows to have the same positioning and then just use the shift to move the individual tour events back to space them properly and ensure you don't get any random things like night 11 taking place after the main show.

Thanks, the next scheduled event date still confuses me. Some companies events are set to 2022 and some are set to 2020

9 minutes ago, Callum07 said:

Thanks, the next scheduled event date still confuses me. Some companies events are set to 2022 and some are set to 2020

Pressing the buttons at the bottom just finds the event date for the year after the currently scheduled date (or before if you move it backwards). Or is it default events that are wrong? If so, stick it in the tech support thread.

3 minutes ago, jhd1 said:

Pressing the buttons at the bottom just finds the event date for the year after the currently scheduled date (or before if you move it backwards). Or is it default events that are wrong? If so, stick it in the tech support thread.

Yeah the default events for a lot of promotions, I posted it in the tech support earlier

• Like 1

I plan to make a "Comprehensive" C-Verse Mod from the CornellVerse 2022 database but incorporate many concepts from my Cornell-Verse 2025 fan mod. This mod will:

• Take the C-Verse up to 2025
  • Add more broadcasters
  • Add more venues
  • Add more companies (similar to the C-Verse XL)
  • Add more female wrestlers, women's companies (like the C-Verse "Women's Revolution" (?) mod did)
  • Add Women's Brands and Women's TV shows for large companies with Women's Divisions.
  • Add low-level independent workers
  • Add future dojo graduates and workers

Ideally, the venue and broadcaster mods will be functional with 2024 RW mods.

Like the Cobra-Verse, I'll release a US & Canada mod first, followed by a Mexico one.

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker
  • Like 2

I'm trying to migrate CVs 2020 db to IX, is there a simple way of getting IX's db default heights that I'm not seeing? My best idea so far is turning back everyone's name that has been changed between versions and then using external editing to copy and paste the height column. That still leaves issues with body type changes and weights, which I imagine I'd have to individually consider, which isn't realistic at all for my ambitions. So I'm just thinking about going with the converter values.

1 hour ago, GenMaximo said:

I'm trying to migrate CVs 2020 db to IX, is there a simple way of getting IX's db default heights that I'm not seeing? My best idea so far is turning back everyone's name that has been changed between versions and then using external editing to copy and paste the height column. That still leaves issues with body type changes and weights, which I imagine I'd have to individually consider, which isn't realistic at all for my ambitions. So I'm just thinking about going with the converter values.

You'd be better up doing a lookup in Excel and then you're really clear where the gaps are. Otherwise you risk pasting them in to a dataset that doesn't match and while the first 1000 might be correct, everyone else's will be out of place.

• Thanks 1

Question for people, trying to work out a American territories type system for guys and would you do exclusive handshakes to mimic the territory contracts or just handshake? When I do exclusive it just seems to make the AI make em non-exclusive so they can keep guys, so someone like Flair works JCP, GCW and WWF and obviously I want to avoid that happening.

And has anyone tested out Freelancers for Japanese and non-Japanese companies? Got Brody as one and the most he does is 2 tours with AJPW then a quick 2 months in Stampede, should I just leave him as a regular worker and mess with attributes and career goals to make that mercenary type of employment method?

• Big Roguey changed the title to Mod Preview, Questions & Resources Thread
12 hours ago, traveler825 said:

Is there a particular order I should do things when building a mod?

Depends what type of mod you are building and whether it is a conversion or from scratch. Assuming it's from scratch, once you've created the new db import match types and show names from somewhere or you can't start a game to test how things are going. You'll also need to create at least one company and one worker to start a game. I'd also recommend adding a user character to the mod so that when you start a game to test things you're not taking the place of someone who needs to be in the mod for the testing to be accurate. From there it really depends how you want to go about it. Some people block in the companies and then start on the workers, others do a promotion at a time. If you're doing a RW mod then sometimes a company at a time can be helpful because you can complete a company and run a watcher then add the next one etc. If you'd added all the companies in first then they'll try and hire all the workers you've completed so the testing isn't very effective. Not as much of an issue now that you can remove promotions from a new game though I admit.

• Like 3

If I am creating a new real world mod, how do you guys prefer the names?  Indy Names Ex. Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, Kevin Steen, Bryan Danielson, WWE Names Ex. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan, or Current Name Ex. Seth Rollins, Jon Moxley, Kevin Owens, Bryan Danielson?

5 hours ago, Texas_Forever said:

If I am creating a new real world mod, how do you guys prefer the names?  Indy Names Ex. Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, Kevin Steen, Bryan Danielson, WWE Names Ex. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan, or Current Name Ex. Seth Rollins, Jon Moxley, Kevin Owens, Bryan Danielson?

I would have their Indy Name be the main name and any name changes would be Alter Egos attached to that specific company. That would mean Jon Moxley could show up anywhere on the Indies but if he ever went back to WWE he'd be Dean Ambrose.

Edited by The Inquisition
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Texas_Forever said:

Agreed with The Inquisition, completely. I like to ask myself, "Which names do they own?" and "When given the choice, which name do/would they use?" Any name owned by a company should be limited to that company only, imo.

• Like 3

I’m working on/updating a 98 real world mod. I’ve been investing time in the narratives as of late, trying to make the game world feel more alive. 

ive added such events like Promo Azteca money issues after wcw locked down the luchadore talent they were using, The ROH/Rob F scandal, the economic crash of 2008, etc. things that shaped the wrestling world and the world in general of the late 90s/early 2000s. 

Here’s where I get alittle iffy. I’ve removed/decided not to add the events that affect particular wrestlers and/or any you have to manually manipulate through the in game editor. For example Shawn Michaels injury at rumble 98/his retirement after WM, His getting clean and return, Owen harts death, Brock Lesnar leaving the WWE, Matt Capatoli (spelling) Brain tumor, etc. I believe this doesn’t shape the game world but limits me (you) as you know not to invest any time in these guys as they have a shelf life.

we all know how things worked out when these situations happened. So now we (I) have the chance to play that era and beyond by letting things play out how they will, according to the game. Thoughts? Opinions?

Edited by RealHeelBCFlynn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RealHeelBCFlynn said:

I’m working on/updating a 98 real world mod. I’ve been investing time in the narratives as of late, trying to make the game world feel more alive. 

ive added such events like Promo Azteca money issues after wcw locked down the luchadore talent they were using, The ROH/Rob F scandal, the economic crash of 2008, etc. things that shaped the wrestling world and the world in general of the late 90s/early 2000s. 

Here’s where I get alittle iffy. I’ve removed/decided not to add the events that affect particular wrestlers and/or any you have to manually manipulate through the in game editor. For example Shawn Michaels injury at rumble 98/his retirement after WM, His getting clean and return, Owen harts death, Brock Lesnar leaving the WWE, Matt Capatoli (spelling) Brain tumor, etc. I believe this doesn’t shape the game world but limits me (you) as you know not to invest any time in these guys as they have a shelf life.

we all know how things worked out when these situations happened. So now we (I) have the chance to play that era and beyond by letting things play out how they will, according to the game. Thoughts? Opinions?

Mods are hopping into the world at a specific point in time with the goal of rewriting history, not playing through our own history. So not including future wrestling-related events is crucial in my opinion. 

• Like 3

Question about changes to a broadcaster.

ive been working on a 97 mod and in the early days TNN is a broadcaster, in early 2000s they change to Spike TV then in 2018 they change to Paramount Network.

ive set it up for TNN to change to spike tv. Is there a way to do the next change from spike tv to paramount network?

im Guessing not. Tnn is goin to turn to spike tv but spike tv isn’t an active broadcaster so I can’t set it up to change to paramount and I’m guessing I can’t set up tnn to change to paramount because it’s set up to change to spike tv so it won’t be active to change to paramount.