The American Cobras [vs] The Bruisers (Nick Booth & Dominic Rizzoli)

Bart Biggins [vs] ‘The Stud’ Chris Flynn

‘Dynamic’ Duke Freeman [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

Greg Gauge [vs] Joshua Taylor

Troy Tornado [vs] Quentin ‘The Drama’ Queen

Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] Wolf Hawkins & Doc Hammond

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

Hey, everyone.

I've been reading diaries from afar from a while now, and I love what you're all doing. With the new game out, I plan on following the new dynasties that come along and commenting accordingly. Lloyd, you've been one of my faves for a while and inspired me to write my own SWF diary for the first time ever, but I can't wait to see what you do with TCW.

Here are my predictions (from a C-Verse newb):

American Cobras

Chris Flynn

Flint Slater

Greg Gauge 

Troy Tornado

Wolf & Doc

• Like 1

The American Cobras [vs] The Bruisers (Nick Booth & Dominic Rizzoli)

• Like 1

• Like 1

Excited for this, TCW was the game I started in TEW IX too, and so it'll be interesting.

Edited by alliegolem
  • Like 1

The American Cobras [vs] The Bruisers (Nick Booth & Dominic Rizzoli) - Cobras will be rising in the ranks, no doubt

Bart Biggins [vs] ‘The Stud’ Chris Flynn - Bart doing his role in building up the future

‘Dynamic’ Duke Freeman [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate - At least it's not Elliot Thomas who gets killed this time

Greg Gauge [vs] Joshua Taylor - Greg's in an active storyline for the World championship, he has to win here

Troy Tornado [vs] Quentin ‘The Drama’ Queen - Troy doing the same as Bart here, Quentin has a lot of upside

Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] Wolf Hawkins & Doc Hammond - Doc's the fall guy

• Like 1

Happy to get on board from the beginning for once Lloyd, looking forward to this. 

I don't have the game in front of me but I think I'm paper the Cobras are a much more exciting team.

Bart Biggins in 2022 is Matt Hardy in 2022...

Not dynamic enough

In 2022 Josh Taylor I feel is firmly in that main event gatekeeper role

This might be my miss since I have no idea how over Queen is, but I can only imagine Troy is a shell of himself but he has the pop I'd figure for one last story to put someone over

Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] Wolf Hawkins & Doc Hammond

Coin flip for me, but my logic is if you are teasing Doc potentially leaving the Syndicate then him losing here would be a start to that

• Like 2

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Guys, massive thank you for the response to this so far :) I've been excited for the new game, and hope this project can do a wonderful company justice.

Welcome to all new readers, and welcome back to you guys who know me! Should be a fun ride.

Apologies for the delay, I was waiting for @EdJames's new pic pack Found Here comes out, and he's released the ones he has finished. It's got some great updates in it, and I think I'm switching my pics over to all of his - so I could have a show ready to post today, but it might also be tomorrow! In the meantime, some responses:

15 hours ago, alliegolem said:

Excited for this, TCW was the game I started in TEW IX too, and so it'll be interesting.

Thank you thank you! Great company, with a truly exceptional roster. Did you get any injuries early on? Freddy Huggins is out for 12 months (surgery brought it down to 10), so that was a blow.

On 8/2/2024 at 4:14 AM, Kieran_Lives said:

Hey, everyone.

I've been reading diaries from afar from a while now, and I love what you're all doing. With the new game out, I plan on following the new dynasties that come along and commenting accordingly. Lloyd, you've been one of my faves for a while and inspired me to write my own SWF diary for the first time ever, but I can't wait to see what you do with TCW.

Welcome along and thank you for your kind words. So nice to know I've inspired you in some way! Let me know if I can ever help, I do have a few tips and tricks that have helped me over the years. One is, to always write up a bunch of shows before you post anything... I have the first 3 episodes of TV in the can, ready to post, and I tend to stay 3-6 weeks ahead of where I'm posting... that way, you can take breaks when you're busy, or when you have a block, but you still get to post and get feedback etc. it takes a lot of pressure off.

On 8/2/2024 at 12:17 AM, newbiezness said:

Unexpected Main Event, I thought we wouldn't see Andrews and Hawkins in the same match so quick.

Great point, but I like to book in this way... Andrews and Wolf aren't in a feud, so whilst they will always have hatred, this is a match where they're just 're-igniting' their beef... Ace has his own thing going on (you'll see), and Wolf's busy with T-Bone Bright for now. If they were deep in a feud, I might not have them touch on TV, or certainly not off the bat.

On 8/1/2024 at 9:49 PM, angeldelayette said:

This looks like a great one and I'm glad to get in here on the ground floor.  Hopefully, I'll be able to do a little more predicting on this one than I have in the past.

Thank you my friend! Always great to see you on the boards!! I was so close to doing a USPW vs TCW invasion story on TEW 2020 (right before the new game was announced!!) I dropped it in favour of a new TCW project instead! :) 

10 hours ago, Crym said:

Troy Tornado [vs] Quentin ‘The Drama’ Queen - Troy doing the same as Bart here, Quentin has a lot of upside

Glad you said that - Quentin is excellent! For me, he almost has 'it all' (although strangely for 'The Drama', not acting!!) - He's 28, brawling, technical, flying, flashiness, plus charisma, mic, and brilliant fundamentals. He's primed for a big career, and this diary could see the start of his rise. There's gaps above him for him to slip into too, so expect to see him used well and 'pushed'.

10 hours ago, John Lions said:

This might be my miss since I have no idea how over Queen is, but I can only imagine Troy is a shell of himself but he has the pop I'd figure for one last story to put someone over

Hey man, good to hear from you! I really hope you like what I have planned for Troy! When I've looked at TCW from a distance in the past, he's been one I've struggled to come up with ideas for. The rest of the roster looks fun, but he's one I've always thought 'eh'... how is he so high up the card? In most 2020 saves, he was released with his 70+ popularity! I have a good idea, and he has a strong showing in the first few weeks, so keep an eye on his story ;)

Edited by The Lloyd
  • Like 5

The American Cobras [vs] The Bruisers (Nick Booth & Dominic Rizzoli)

Bart Biggins [vs] ‘The Stud’ Chris Flynn

‘Dynamic’ Duke Freeman [vs] ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate

Greg Gauge [vs] Joshua Taylor

Troy Tornado [vs] Quentin ‘The Drama’ Queen

Sammy Bach & Aaron Andrews [vs] Wolf Hawkins & Doc Hammond

TCW Presents:

image.png

Tuesday, January 4th, 2022

Shawn Doakes 2.jpgKyle Rhodes 2.jpgJasmine Saunders 2.jpg

Calling the action: Shawn Doakes, Kyle Rhodes and Jasmine Saunders

Overall Rating: 73

image.jpeg

‘Show Opening / Year Opening’

Shawn Doakes: “It’s Shawn Doakes, Folks… and it is 2022… TCW looking to take the world by STORM this year…”

Jasmine Saunders: “And we have got a packed show to kick us off, Shawn… We’re going to see the Main Event… Wolf Hawkins and Doc Hammond of The Syndicate, taking on ‘The Ace’ Aaron Andrews and his partner… ‘The Elation Sensation’ Sammy Bach…”

Aaron Andrews 2.jpgSammy Bach 2.jpg Wolf Hawkins 2.jpgDoc Hammond 3.jpg

Shawn Doakes: “Going to be an interesting 2022 for Aaron, Sammy and Wolf…”

Kyle Rhodes: “That’s right Shawn… And there is a New Year Party kinda feel backstage… Benny Benson and Flying Jimmy Foxx doing what they do best, and providing drinks, food, and alllll the entertainment… But first… THE AMERICAN CORBAS are here…!!”

The newest members of the tag team roster in TCW… Four months into their first run with a ‘major’ promotion… Marvel Malloy and Storm Spillane stomped to the ring to a huge ovation…

Marvel Malloy 2.jpgStorm Spillane 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgNick Booth 2.jpgDominic Rizzoli 2.jpg

They may be small, but Marvel Malloy and Storm Spillane are fun to watch. They fly around the ring, but have a solid technical base with which to stretch and hurt their opponents. For the finish, Spillane locked in his Kneeling Boston Crab on Rizzoli, and the big youngster tapped out!

Winners: The American Cobras
Rating: 52

After the match, Malloy and Spillane couldn’t celebrate for long… because Floyd Goldworthy arrived, with his two huge clients - Former TCW World Tag Team Champions: Killer Shark and Titan…

Marvel Malloy 2.jpgStorm Spillane 2.jpg Nick Booth 2.jpgDominic Rizzoli 2.jpg Killer Shark 2.jpgTitan 2.jpgFloyd Goldworthy 2.jpg

Floyd pulled a microphone to his mouth, but then pointed to the ring with both hands instead of saying anything… and ordered his troops to attack!! The two huge men began by knocking Dominic Rizzoli down with a double shoulder tackle… They actually knocked him UP, and then he fell down… The American Cobras decided to take the fight to The Behemoths… and flew through the ropes to hit stereo suicide dives… but they were both caught by Shark and Titan…!! They were also both thrown and slammed like bugs…!! As they made it to the ring, Titan grabbed Floyd’s microphone, and spoke to a scared looking Nick Booth, who was a former stablemate of the group in the group: The Sinner Society…

Titan: “It’s okay ‘Little Titan’… You can run…”

Titan and Shark let Booth run, and he didn’t look back… Floyd then got hold of the mic again…

Floyd Goldworthy: “SOMEONE in TCW, Is in our sights…!! I can’t say who… I won’t… But the locker room out there, is on NOTICE…!!”

image.jpeg

Bart Biggins 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgChris Flynn 2.jpg

Chris Flynn looked dominant in this one, using all of his 45lb weight advantage to smother Bart Biggins. Eventually, ‘The Stud’ put the veteran away with his ‘Flynn Lock’ (Single-Leg Boston Crab).

Winner: ‘The Stud’ Chris Flynn
Rating: 61

image.jpeg

The announce team touched on it earlier, but we cut backstage next, with the New Year Party that Benny Benson and Flying Jimmy Foxx were hosting in the locker room…

Benny Benson 2.jpgFlying Jimmy Foxx 2.jpg Darryl Devine 2.jpgChance Fortune 2.jpg Tana The Mighty 2.jpg image.jpeg Bradley Blaze 2.jpg

Things were jovial, with lots of shared laughter and people eating snacks… Some other wrestlers were there, such as big Tana The Mighty and his former tag team partner Mighty Mo… The two shared a laugh, as Mo proudly held his TCW Television Title over his shoulder… Bradley Blaze, known as ‘The Dallas Cowboy’ was explaining to some backstage workers, and the tag team Devine Fortune, that he was celebrating ONE YEAR in TCW…!! Everyone seemed happy for him, but the mood of the ‘event’ changed dramatically, when the TCW World Tag Team Champions arrived…

Freddy Huggins Champ.jpgMatt Hocking Champ.jpgRoderick Remus 2.jpgLaura Hocking 2.jpg

Freddy Huggins: “Oh wow… If it isn’t Darryl Devine and Chance Fortune… Remind me… Why are they important to us again Matt…?!”

Matt Hocking: “Brooooo…!! They’re the number one contenders for OUR, TCW World Tag Team Titles…”

Freddy Huggins: “Oh wow… Must be slim pickings in the tag division around here… Now that… Is ‘Shocking’…”

Matt Hocking: “Yeah, you boys really shouldn’t be partying… when you have a big match against US… at Malice In Wonderland…”

With that, Roderick Remus slapped a bowl of potato chips from Bradley Blaze’s hands… and a brawl almost broke out… Remus smirked and sarcastically congratulated his former rival in MAW, on one unsuccessful year as a TCW star…!!

image.jpeg

Duke Freeman 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgFlint Slater 2.jpg w/ Jaylon Martins 2.jpgDoc Hammond 3.jpg

Two young stars of the future battling it out here. Freeman is new around here, but at just 24 he has world class fundamentals. However, nobody can match Flint Slater’s toughness, or his stamina. Despite also being new, Slater never looks tired out there, and hit a FAST spear reminiscent of a certain Son of a Steiner. He then finished Freeman off with a brutal Ankle Lock, making him tap and hold his ankle after the match like it may have been broken!

Winner: ‘The Rottweiler’ Flint Slater w/ The Syndicate
Rating: 55

image.jpeg

We went straight into another match when we came back from commercial, and a mouth-watering contest between Greg Gauge and Joshua Taylor…

Greg Gauge 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgJoshua Taylor 2.jpg

An amazing showcase of the top-level talent that TCW currently boasts. Greg Gauge gets his first World Heavyweight Title shot at Malice In Wonderland, and the crowd have been hugely behind him for years now! On the other side of the ring, Joshua Taylor never quite lived up to the enormous potential he showed in his 20s. Now in his 13th year in TCW, and at the age of 39, the time for him is now (or never). He showed his ring IQ here, using all kinds of sneaky tactics to slow Gauge’s momentum down. However, Gauge has been around the business for his whole life, and has seen every trick in the book. The Proton Lock did for Taylor in the end, as he was unable to get to the ropes and had to tap out!

Winner: Greg Gauge
Rating: 80

After the match was over, TCW World Heavyweight Champion Jay Chord, arrived on the stage…

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Jay Chord: “A strong win Greg, congratulations… Nobody knows the business like you, right? Your Dad… Sam Keith… You’ve been around the business your whole life… but let me explain something to you… I… Have been around the business MY whole life, too… My Dad… Is Rip Chord… They never went 1 on 1… but whether it was in their prime… or now… My Dad could kick your Dad’s ass…!!”

Gauge looked a little angry, but he mostly rolled his eyes at Chord’s comments… He shouted that he’d see Chord at Malice In Wonderland… and intimated that he’d get his hands on Chord’s coveted Championship…

image.jpeg

Troy Tornado 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgQuentin Queen 2.jpg
Troy Tornado [vs] Quentin ‘Drama’ Queen

Troy Tornado is beloved by the fans, and gets a big reaction when he comes out to the ring. The well-travelled Quentin Queen is the complete opposite. He overdramatises everything, and the fans hate him. After a good back and forth match, the cooler and calmer veteran Tornado hit his ‘Star Maker’ flying forearm, and Queen was done.

Winner: Troy Tornado
Rating: 61

image.jpeg

After a commercial break, we were due the Main Event, featuring two members of The Syndicate: Wolf Hawkins and his most trusted general: Doc Hammond… taking on Aaron Andrews and Sammy Bach… As Doc got ready to make his entrance from backstage, he was approached by his former best friend One Man Army… and an old rival, in the form of Human Arsenal…

One Man Army 3.jpgHuman Arsenal 3.jpg Doc Hammond 3.jpg

In recent months, One Man Army has been trying to convince Doc to LEAVE the Syndicate… questioning Wolf Hawkins’ morals and motivation… plus the way he treats a veteran like Doc…

One Man Army: “Listen, I’m not gonna stop, man… Come ‘home’… We got one more shot at this… The New Wave can still ride… can still hang with the best o’ them… Orr… you could just carry on bein’ Wolf’s BITCH…!!”

Just as he said that, Wolf walked around the corner, flanked by Flint Slater and Jaylon Martins…!! The other three members of The Syndicate…

Wolf Hawkins 2.jpgJaylon Martins 2.jpgFlint Slater 2.jpg

Wolf clearly heard what One Man Army had to say, but he arrogantly told Doc to ‘come along’… and they headed to the ring…

Aaron Andrews 2.jpgSammy Bach 2.jpg00 Vs.jpgWolf Hawkins 3.jpgDoc Hammond 3.jpg w/ Jaylon Martins 2.jpgFlint Slater 2.jpg
Aaron Andrews and Sammy Bach [vs] Wolf Hawkins and Doc Hammond w/ The Syndicate

Solid Main Event, once again showcasing the talent available in TCW. There was something ‘off’ about Andrews and Bach’s chemistry tonight, where they were there to help each other because they hate The Syndicate, but they didn’t fully get along with one another. The finish came though, when Wolf Hawkins ordered Doc Hammond to grab a steel chair. He hesitated, and was slammed into by a flying cross body from the top rope by Sammy Bach, to the outside, onto Doc, Jaylon Martins and Flint Slater! Wolf was furious, and he was soon put down by Aaron Andrews’ ‘Gamma Drive’ (Top Rope Tornado DDT).

Winners: Aaron Andrews and Sammy Bach
Rating: 72

With Wolf down in the middle of the ring, young Jaylon Martins and Flint Slater took it upon themselves to slide into the ring and attack Aaron Andrews…

Aaron Andrews 2.jpgSammy Bach 2.jpg Wolf Hawkins 3.jpgDoc Hammond 3.jpgJaylon Martins 2.jpgFlint Slater 2.jpg

They took the boots to ‘Ace’, but they didn’t get long to show their initiative to the recovered Wolf, and dominate Andrews… because this man arrived to make the save…

image.jpeg

Wielding a steel chair, the 6’ 6”, 280lb beast, T-Bone Bright ran to the ring, and then inexplicably slid the chair IN to the ring, to Jaylon Martins… The Syndicate were confused, and looked at each other…

Was Bright about to JOIN The Syndicate...?!

But Bright, undeterred, continued ploughing forwards!!

He slid into the ring and SPEARED Flint Slater out of his boots, before turning his attention to Martins...

Martins came at him with a chair… Bright punched the chair out of Martins’ hands, and then hit his ‘T-Bone Lariat’, to the shock of Wolf Hawkins…

Doc Hammond pulled his leader out under the ropes!!!

The show ended there… and we now look forward to next week, where we’ll see T-Bone Bright battle Jaylon Martins 1 on 1…

image.jpeg

**News and Notes** - ‘Big Bad Dom’ Dominic Rizzoli and ‘Nasty’ Nick Booth showed poor chemistry as partners tonight… Dom is the weaker of the two, so I decided to send the 25 year old to MAW to sit under their awesome learning tree… This has left Booth without a partner, and so he’ll go into the singles ranks…

• Like 21

That was a fun show, nice balance of face/heel victories (always a personal bugbear of mine) and some compelling storyline development. I'll have to go back into the game and study up on TCW, though, there were a few faces there I didn't recognise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

Great first show. Liked the length in particular, was an easy read. 

Favourite wrestler so far is definitely Daddy Titan the very merciful monster. 

Haha, thanks man... Uncle Titan getting over is always nice. I think he and Shark are going to take you on a bit of a rollercoaster over the next few weeks.

12 minutes ago, 1PWfan said:

That was a fun show, nice balance of face/heel victories (always a personal bugbear of mine) and some compelling storyline development. I'll have to go back into the game and study up on TCW, though, there were a few faces there I didn't recognise. 

Thank you buddy. I have so many bugbears! Haha!! :D  But I agree with yours. I like to do between a 2/4 and a 4/2 face/heel split on a six match card. Sometimes I go full 3/3. - Even if it means changing my booking plans slightly, by changing a winner I had planned...

I should point out, I'm using EdJames' DAY ONE UPDATE (Found Here) for my roster pics. He did the pack that came with the game, and then listened to feedback around lighting, etc, and has come back with an amazing second pack!! Worth checking out.

A quick update... Malice In Wonderland is FULLY written, so that's January squared off already... Planning War To Settle The Score as we speak :) 

• Like 1

image.jpeg

Tuesday, January 4th, 2022

**Quotes taken directly from Vibert’s Podcast**

Phil Vibert coming at you LIVE, and what a show we just witnessed from TCW… Total Wrestling has been a solid 3rd show… an ‘alternative’ if you will, for years… but 2022 could be a pivotal year for them, and their impressive roster… As SWF and USPW continue to duke it out for the Number One spot, TCW have been slowly building a roster of incredible talents… Sammy Bach… Wolf Hawkins… Aaron Andrews… Jay Chord… Greg Gauge… T-Bone Bright… The list goes on and on…

This week on Total Wrestling, we saw a brilliant moment to end the show, where T-Bone came running to the ring to ‘save’ Bach and Andrews… but he slid a chair in to Jaylon Martins… and the crowd… and me… believed he was JOINING The Syndicate… I was disappointed… I like T-Bone… I like to cheer him as a dominant big babyface… but then we found out, he only gave the chair to Jaylon so he could smash it out of his hands, and smash Jaylon to show just how dominant he can be!! Great segment…

Greg Gauge versus Joshua Taylor stole the show, and I’m looking forward to seeing what the year brings for both of these guys… Greg’s on the cusp of winning a World Championship… Taylor on the other hand… He turns 40 in April… He’s always been right at the top of the card, and able to put on excellent matches… Can he make 2022 a banner year as well…?!

The most interesting story for me this week though, is One Man Army, with help from Human Arsenal, trying to convince Doc Hammond to ‘Come Home’… and quit The Syndicate… Arguably, Hammond is the reason he and Wolf lost their Main Event this week… due to his hesitation… but will he be tempted to take up the former Guide’s offer of one last run as The New Wave…!?

image.jpeg 

• Like 7

Greg PWR.jpg

Monday, January 10th, 2022

Pro Wrestling Reporter – An Article by Greg Sluchinski

Coming up this week, on TCW Total Wrestling…

We’re going to see T-Bone Bright in action, against ‘The J Train’ Jaylon Martins… Plus a Main Event featuring Greg Gauge and Jay Chord on opposite sides of a tag team match!! Gauge will partner with the fan favourite Texan veteran Dazzling Dave Diamond… While Chord’s partner, is going to be the dangerous, dynamic and versatile brawler Joshua Taylor…

Elsewhere on the show, we’re going to hear from Troy Tornado… The 44 year old veteran has a chequered past, and as he closes in on a potential retirement, he’ll detail the struggles he went through in his youth, and how he overcame them…

Greg Gauge will respond to Jay Chord’s comments about their legendary Fathers…

The American Cobras return, after being destroyed by Killer Shark and Titan last week…

PLUS… The Syndicate will open the show, fresh off the back of their defeat at the hands of Aaron Andrews and Sammy Bach last week… How will Wolf Hawkins react to Doc Hammond’s hesitation…?! Will Doc be approached by his former best friend: One Man Army, and his former rival: Human Arsenal again…?!

Get your Prediction Picks in below!!

Predictions for: TCW Total Wrestling - Tuesday, January 11th, 2022

T-Bone Bright [vs] ‘The J Train’ Jaylon Martins w/ The Syndicate

‘The Dallas Cowboy’ Bradley Blaze [vs] Roderick Remus w/ The Main Event

Benny and The Foxx [vs] Marc Speed & Seth Whitehead

Bart Biggins & Tana The Mighty [vs] The Elite (Chandler & Johnson)

‘Hands Of Stone’ Bradford Peverell [vs] Maverick

Greg Gauge & Dazzling Dave Diamond [vs] Jay Chord & Joshua Taylor

Greg PWR Close.jpg

• Like 2