[RELEASE] Here Comes The Money - Real World What If? Database May 2001

I've gone with a similar headcanon idea but I didn't wanna do Shane owning WCW as it seems a little too hard for me envision. 

I went with the idea that the Jerry Jarrett bid won. Turner pulled the TV coverage, the Fusient idea falls through. Recently departed, and pissed off, Jerry Lawler teams up with Jerry Jarrett and a bit of money from Ric Flair. The trio buys out WCW with a decision to try and return it to its more Southern roots. All the other big named contracts are still sitting it out, being paid by AOL. So the roster is identical to this one except with Flair and the Jarretts. Still no TV deal. No Sting. No Goldberg or Hogan etc. 

So far so good with the mod! Appreciate the work. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrCanada said:

If you read the first post in the mod, you can see that I did not intend to make a what if Fusient Media bought WCW mod.

Shorter description of this mod:

WCW is for sale like it was in real life, TimeWarner announces they wont be offering any tv time to WCW anymore. (This is all true, this is why the Fusient deal falls apart). TimeWarner turns to WWF as they are the only real interested buyers. Shane approaches his father and asks permission to buy WCW instead to form his own legacy, Vince agrees. In kayfabe, all the storyline takes place as it did in real life up until WrestleManiaX7 where Shane leaves to run WCW after beating his father in a worked match. Shane now has the task of running WCW because he is the owner. I used what WWF acquired as part of their purchase with some small creative liberty as I feel that makes the game more fun and challenging.

TL;DR: WWF does kind of buy WCW, but instead gives it to Shane to run as a separate promotion.

The good news for everyone, is this mod is very "accurate" in my opinion besides this fantasy scenario of WCW. Its very easy to kill WCW and add all the workers on their roster to WWF to make a pure "Real World May 2001" data. Its very easy to remove Shane back to WWF, remove some hiatuses and add workers back to WCW (Hogan, Sting, Flair, Stiener, Jarrett, Ernest Miller, ect) and have a "what if Bisfhoff bought it" mod. I may one day do this myself as stated above in the second post, but its not my goal at tihs moment. Feel free to use the editor yourself to make the mod work in a way you want it, its the beauty of TEW.

EDIT:

The old mod thread for 2020 has more walls of text you can feel free to read that explain lots of stuff. I've very heavily researched this period of wrestling as I honestly believe 99% of people really do not understand the nuances of what exactly happened and why the whole WWF/WCW Invasion/selling played out like it did.

Just to add to this, as an avid fan of the time period, I concur that the data (workers especially) are very good and accurate in this MOD.

It also only takes a very small amount of self editing to change things to be historically accurate, a quick company relationship to make WCW owned by WWF and accept development workers and then change all the WCW contracts to Development pretty much puts everything to rights

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, s7eve_s said:

Just to add to this, as an avid fan of the time period, I concur that the data (workers especially) are very good and accurate in this MOD.

It also only takes a very small amount of self editing to change things to be historically accurate, a quick company relationship to make WCW owned by WWF and accept development workers and then change all the WCW contracts to Development pretty much puts everything to rights

And it's also incredibly easy to edit the database to make WCW completely independent and run the company as a shell-of-its-former-self with the same depleted roster, under new ownership outside of the McMahons. That's how I've always played.

• Like 3

Something else I've noticed. Bryan Danielson is in as American Dragon, with American Dragon Mask as an alter ego. I think it should be Bryan Danielson with American Dragon and American Dragon Mask as alters.

Prince Justice doesn't have Abyss as an alter ego. 

The logos for TNA are in the folder but they aren't in the database as a future company.

• Like 1

All the props in the world - You're a hero for getting this out so quickly @MrCanada

I never really got into a good game with this in 2020, but maybe now is the time. While I personally don't enjoy the idea of Shane running WCW all that much, I had a brief game in 2020 with the Jarretts buying WCW (complete with WCW Total Nonstop Action as the TV show...). I also actually recently started a little bit of fantasy booking a better, yet still realistic version of the Invasion (outside of TEW completely in an Excel sheet - I'm a weirdo like that) and I just might re-tool your terrific database for that purpose...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Speedy2332 said:

Really enjoying this release of the mod so far! I noticed that everyone is missing their Hall of Fame except for ECWA

Hall of Fames are done in two ways. 1) If the company had a hall of fame, anyone they inducted already I have inducted, regardless if they meet TEW's standards for Hall of Fame induction. This is why ECWA has inductees already and no one else does. While WWF had a Hall of Fame, most of the people in it at this point were dead and are not in the mod. However, I did realize Kowalski, Patterson, Johnny Rodz should be in, so I did change them.

2) I have the HOF records set up already, people simply are not inducted yet. If you go to each company and hit "check hall of fame" most have a handful or more of workers who already qualify but are just not inducted. Let alone any title victories/other criteria that happen during the game making more people eligible.

1 hour ago, franticloser said:

Something else I've noticed. Bryan Danielson is in as American Dragon, with American Dragon Mask as an alter ego. I think it should be Bryan Danielson with American Dragon and American Dragon Mask as alters.

Prince Justice doesn't have Abyss as an alter ego. 

The logos for TNA are in the folder but they aren't in the database as a future company.

I included TNA logos just because I did, I dont think TNA would have existed had WCW stayed open so I didnt want to put them in.

All worker names / default identities are based on what they were called or doing in May 2001. Danielson didnt start working as Bryan Danielson until a few shows into the ROH run in mid-late 2002. He was unmasked American Dragon at this point.

Prince Justice did not become Abyss until he went and worked in Puerto Rico in in mid-2002. He actually worked the first TNA show as "Justice."

Look at the data again as if it was made in May 2001. No one would know what an Abyss is, so if I included that as an alter ego, people would say "Why does Prince Justice have a weird alter ego?"

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, HamKing said:

what about adding more future workers.  Its quite lacking especially if you like women's wrestling

I'm always adding new workers, but its not the focus at the moment.

But if you like womens wrestling and are not aware of how womens wrestling was in the US until just recently, you are really going to dislike historical mods.

SHIMMER didnt show up until 2005 I think, and I'd argue it was 2014 before womens wrestling sort of got taken seriously in mainstream American wrestling wich is 13-years after this mod starts.

That said, I imagine there are more women in the mod, not in WWF then people realize, not even counting Joshi's in Japan:

Alexis Laree (Mickie James)
Angel Williams (Angelina Love)
Beth Phoenix
Cheerleader Melissa
Daffney
Dawn Marie
Jazz
Kyra (Melina)
La Felina (Gail Kim)
Miss Kara Slice (Cherry)
Natti Neidhart
Nikita (Katie Lea Burchill / Winter)
Precious Lucy (LuFisto)
Simply Luscious
Tracy Brooks

and there are 22 women set to debut.

The truth is, womens wrestling sucks in America in 2001. Hell it sucks until 2005-2006 until SHIMMER is around for a while, and the truth is, I dont tend to focus to heavily on post-2005 stuff i the data since most people, I feel, dont play 5+ year games.

Here's my rough list I keep of people to add.

TO ADD:

Big Guido
Bob Armstrong
Brad Armstrong
Tito Santana
Brutus Beefcake
Nikolai Volkoff
Demolition Ax
Demolition Smash
Cham Pain
Steve Boz
Qenaan Creed
Ali Stevens
Jacey North
Brandon K
Jason Rumble
T. Rantula
Biggie Biggs
Shorty Smalls
Preston Quinn
Kasey Geyer
Frank Parker
JR Ryder
Boomer Payne
Danny Inferno
Brody Steele
Hartley Jackson (1999)
Kevin Matthews (2000)
Mikey Nicholls (2001)
Pat Buck (2001)
Alexander Wolfe (2001)
EC3 (2002)
Chuck Taylor (2002)
Mike Bennett (2002)
MASADA (2002)
Raymond Rowe (2003)
Shane Matthews/Matt Menard (2003)
Scott Parker/Angelo Parker (2003)
Shane Haste (2003)
Bryan Kelly (2003)
Wolfgang (2003)
Player Uno (2004)
Nick Aldis (2004)
Plazma/Trent Beretta (2004)
QT Marshall (2004)
Shiima Xion (2004)
Nick Aldis (2004)
Johnny Gargano (2005)
Tommaso Ciampa (2005)
Punishment Martinez (2005)
Austin Creed (2005)
Johnny Gargano (2005)
Jonathan Gresham (2005) POWER PLANT
Stupefied/Stu Grayson (2005)
Brian Cage (2005)
Tony Nese (2005)
Michael Nakazawa (2005)
Brandon Cutler (2005)
Kofi Kingston (2006)
Jake Hager (2006)
Joe Gacy (2006)
Ethan Page (2006)
Jordan Devlin (2006)
Ariya Daivari (2006)
Vincent (2006)
Pentagón Jr. (2007)
Rush (2007)
Jey Uso (2007)
Jimmy Uso (2007)
Pete Dunne (2007)
Bronson Reed.Jonah Rock (2007)
Buddy Matthews (2007)
Adam Cole (2008)
Adam Page (2008)
Miro (2008)
Taylor Rotunda (2008)
Ludwig Kaiser (2008)
Tama Tonga (2008)
Tanga Loa (2008)
Windham Rotunda (2009)
Big Bill (2009)
Roman Reigns (2010)
Dominick Mysterio (2020) POWER PLANT

WOMEN:
FMW:
Miss Danyah
Cherry Bomb
AKINO (1998)
Chaparita ASARI (1992)
Kaori Yoneyama (1999)
Misae Genki (1994)
Jillian Hall (1998)
Amber O'Neal (1999)
Mercedes Martinez (2000)
Krissy Vaine (2000)
Rain (2001)
MsChif (2001)
Candice LeRae (2002)
Daizee Haze (2002)
Nikki Roxx (2002)
Christie Ricci (2002)
Shantelle Taylor (2003)
Portia Perez (2003)
Josie (2003)
Kana (2004)
Tiana Ringer (2004)
Serena (2005)
Riho (2006)
AJ Lee (2007)
Ashley Lane (2007)
Iyo Sky (2007)
Dakota Kai (2007)
Viper/Piper Niven (2007)
Bayley (2008)
Hikaru Shida (2008)
Nikki Cross (2008)

Edited by MrCanada
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, MrCanada said:

I'm always adding new workers, but its not the focus at the moment.

But if you like womens wrestling and are not aware of how womens wrestling was in the US until just recently, you are really going to dislike historical mods.

SHIMMER didnt show up until 2005 I think, and I'd argue it was 2014 before womens wrestling sort of got taken seriously in mainstream American wrestling wich is 13-years after this mod starts.

That said, I imagine there are more women in the mod, not in WWF then people realize, not even counting Joshi's in Japan:

Alexis Laree (Mickie James)
Angel Williams (Angelina Love)
Beth Phoenix
Cheerleader Melissa
Daffney
Dawn Marie
Jazz
Kyra (Melina)
La Felina (Gail Kim)
Miss Kara Slice (Cherry)
Natti Neidhart
Nikita (Katie Lea Burchill / Winter)
Precious Lucy (LuFisto)
Simply Luscious
Tracy Brooks

and there are 22 women set to debut.

The truth is, womens wrestling sucks in America in 2001. Hell it sucks until 2005-2006 until SHIMMER is around for a while, and the truth is, I dont tend to focus to heavily on post-2005 stuff i the data since most people, I feel, dont play 5+ year games.

Here's my rough list I keep of people to add.

Great stuff

One thing if you haven't already done her is to include Madison Eagles who is essentially the keystone to Womens Wrestling as we know it today.  She debuts in 2001 and is essentially one of the greatest influences on the Revolution that is to come.  Over 6 foot and incredibly athletic who could actually wrestle and still trains people.  SHIMMER was largely built on her and a few of the others on that list and her influence and or training gives us the people who would become Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Dakota Kai, Emma (Tennille Dashwood), Shazza Mckenzie and many others and ultimately Toni Storm and Rhea Ripley.  She ended up becoming number 1 in PWI's list in 2010 despite the WWE not really thinking she was pretty enough (she's actually pretty good looking but not Vince's model type) and the average wrestling fan in the West not realising SHIMMER or SHINE existed and that Womens Wrestling could actually be sort of taken seriously (as much as wrestling can ever really be taken seriously).  Vince never particularly liked the look of people like her or Ms.Chif but Paul and Stephanie realised there definitely was a place for Womens Wrestling and pushed it in NXT resulting in Charlotte, Bailey, Sasha and Becky getting their Main Roster chance in 2015.    

For anyone wanting to Fantasy Book Womens Wrestling becoming a thing a decade and a half earlier she's sort of crucial.  People could legit bring her and a few others into say WCW in 2001 and have the opportunity to change history.

And Yeah I am a total Eagles mark ... any sane person should be. 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alpha2117 said:

Great stuff

One thing if you haven't already done her is to include Madison Eagles who is essentially the keystone to Womens Wrestling as we know it today.  She debuts in 2001 and is essentially one of the greatest influences on the Revolution that is to come.  Over 6 foot and incredibly athletic who could actually wrestle and still trains people.  SHIMMER was largely built on her and a few of the others on that list and her influence and or training gives us the people who would become Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Dakota Kai, Emma (Tennille Dashwood), Shazza Mckenzie and many others and ultimately Toni Storm and Rhea Ripley.  She ended up becoming number 1 in PWI's list in 2010 despite the WWE not really thinking she was pretty enough (she's actually pretty good looking but not Vince's model type) and the average wrestling fan in the West not realising SHIMMER or SHINE existed and that Womens Wrestling could actually be sort of taken seriously (as much as wrestling can ever really be taken seriously).  Vince never particularly liked the look of people like her or Ms.Chif but Paul and Stephanie realised there definitely was a place for Womens Wrestling and pushed it in NXT resulting in Charlotte, Bailey, Sasha and Becky getting their Main Roster chance in 2015.    

For anyone wanting to Fantasy Book Womens Wrestling becoming a thing a decade and a half earlier she's sort of crucial.  People could legit bring her and a few others into say WCW in 2001 and have the opportunity to change history.

And Yeah I am a total Eagles mark ... any sane person should be. 😉

Most of the people you just named wont debut until 2009 or later. If I see people showing me saves that went 9-years, I'll maybe focus on people like that, but for now, probably not.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MrCanada said:

Most of the people you just named wont debut until 2009 or later. If I see people showing me saves that went 9-years, I'll maybe focus on people like that, but for now, probably not.

I wasn't worried about the others just pointing out if you haven't added Madison Eagles thats sort of a must for a 2001 mod.

Looking forward to seeing the end result of your hard work (and it is hard work - anyone who does mods has my respect)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bladee said:

There's currently only one arena in Japan, just the Tokyo Dome. Is this intentional?

First post…

WHAT'S BEING WORKED ON FOR 2.0:
Venues -
 I deleted all venues and started re-adding from scratch, its very bare bones right now, its what I've been working on mostly in recent days. I decided to release the database since I'm sure many people dont really care about venues and can just use the "generic" option for now. I figured I might as well just release the data as I work on venues.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

just a small update. Lots of American venues added, mainly focusing on venues ran by WWF/WCW/ECW in 2001-2000. I think its just shy of 200 venues, with some being Canadian and even a few from the rest of the world that they happened to run in those years.

Mainly this is to make WCW playable without having to use generic venues. I hate generic venues for larger shows. I think they work well to simulate the thousands of Legions/Halls/Bars used for <500 sized shows, but in my opinion the second you start having 1000+ people or so, those venues should be in the data. The next focus is likely on filling out North American venues and then getting Japan & Mexico done. At which point I may tinker a tad bit and likely have a 2.0 release. Its major change will simply be the venues as well as a limited number of workers added or changes.

Venues are surprisingly time consuming. It requires finding the venue via results, looking up a corresponding wiki page to get info on it, adding said info, then making narratives to change the names of venues, since that matters to me. I do wish there was an easier "Venue Name" feature directly on the venue page where you could make a whole list of name changes with corresponding dates, but I digress.

Edited by MrCanada
  • Like 2

On 8/18/2024 at 9:13 PM, Tmgaming said:

I've started a save on this today and enjoying it so far but seeing as I'm controlling WCW is there a way to change Mania from going dormant in a save that's already been started?

Sorry to ask again but I'm a couple months into a WCW save so don't really want to restart the save if it can be helped so is there any way to stop mania from going dormant as someone who is running WCW?

1 hour ago, Tmgaming said:

Sorry to ask again but I'm a couple months into a WCW save so don't really want to restart the save if it can be helped so is there any way to stop mania from going dormant as someone who is running WCW?

Add a new player. Select Vince McMahon, take control of WWF as owner. Switch to Vince using user select. Remove the dormant date in events and save. Go to settings and click Leave Game.

Backup your save first just incase but there shouldn't be any issues.

Edited by jaymeetee
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Tmgaming said:

did you download 1.0 or 1.1? he already had it fixed by the time I downloaded it

19 hours ago, Idolized said:

First post…

WHAT'S BEING WORKED ON FOR 2.0:
Venues -
 I deleted all venues and started re-adding from scratch, its very bare bones right now, its what I've been working on mostly in recent days. I decided to release the database since I'm sure many people dont really care about venues and can just use the "generic" option for now. I figured I might as well just release the data as I work on venues.

ahaha my bad