[HYPE] Thunderverse 9

Big Roguey

teaser.png

THUNDERVERSE 9 MISSION CONTROL [Hype thread and eventual release thread]

The ninth iteration of the Thunderverse mod originally created by jhd1 & Shmoe in 2010

What is a Thunderverse?

The Thunderverse is a long running fictional database for TEW akin to the default Cornellverse. It has seen many releases over the years (and one abandoned project) which means that, through happenstance, we're able to match the number of this mod up to the number of TEW.

What is the purpose of the Thunderverse?

As jhd said some *checks notes* nearly twelve years ago (!), choice. The Thunderverse aims to give the player as much as freedom as possible with a variety of promotions operating different styles and ethos being available to use or a wide free agent pool to allow players to create their own promotions. We understand that jumping into a long running mod might be daunting if this is your first time and in this thread we'll be posting various "in universe" pieces that will showcase areas of the mod - additionally, a supportive fanbase who have been following the mod throughout its various forms have been more than happy to help fill in at times.

What can I expect from this version's Thunderverse?

Seven playable regions. We've taken the decision as a team this version to not include India and instead focus on the six "original" regions of the Thunderverse. This doesn't close the door to India being added down the road, it is a case that it will not be in the first release. 

Additionally, this mod will have a start date of 2025 and is not a converted copy of last TEW's mod.

Can I get involved?

We appreciate anyone offering to be involved with the mod but with as many moving parts to the mod, the team is pretty much at capacity. I, personally, would like to extend an apology to anyone who has asked over the recent months and that I've unintentionally blanked on answering.

CREDITS

The Thunderverse team at this time includes the below (in order of when they joined the team);

@jhd1, @Big Roguey, @Eastwood, @Markw, @TLLK, @Dalton, @foolinc, @Pteroid and new to TVerse9 @Shianne_EB and @Mammoth

We hope you enjoy the various updates and pieces we'll post throughout the remainder of the development cycle and the mod when it releases.

One more thing before I close out this post.....

Render Showcase.jpg

Who says you can't re-render an entire mod in six months?

Renders by jhd1, Markw and Shianne.

• Like 33

Follow Up FAQs (and where links will be added when the mod is live)

"When will this be released?"

No date yet. We still have work to do on it but we've done enough of the busy work to get to the point of being able to bring the thread to life.

"Oh those renders look different, wassupwitdat?"

They have! As of this mod, the Daz model used now is the Genesis model - Genesis 8 to be exact. This has allowed us far more scope to create/reshape characters. Whilst we've aimed to stick to the "true" look of characters where possible, there will be existing characters with wildly different looks.

Additionally, we are only doing gif renders for this mod and going forward. Maintaining two picture packs is ultimately going to be too much work for us to keep up with and a lot of R&D went into finding the best cutout shape for how we wanted the graphics to be presented.

"Will you use AI renders?"

Absolutely not. They go against the spirit of what we set out to do as a team. We'll also not be championing threads created to "redo" the renders through any GPT process. If you have Daz installed, the Genesis 8 models and a want to render in our style, keep your eyes open. Additionally, there is absolutely zero permission granted for any of the renders for this mod or previous Thunderverse mods to be ran through GPTs for public release as an alternate pic pack.

"When is the mod dropping?"

HEY, I ALREADY ANSWERED YOU! SHOO!

"Can I convert this to another game?"

This mod and any Thunderverse mods are only to be used with TEW. Please do not convert these and release these for any other game. A lot of work goes into this collectively across the entire team, if we wanted this to be available on another game we'd develop for that game.

"Where can I download this when it is available?"

It will most likely only be made available through the GDS forums or Discord. There is no permission granted for this mod to be hosted by any other websites without contact being made to myself. If you are a non GDS forum website host who wants to host this, please get in contact either on here or through Discord.

"OH BOY, I HOPE MY FAVOURITE WORKER IS IN!"

That's a statement, not a question. We'll be upfront now and say that there has been a large culling of workers who we either decided weren't suited to the new era or have moved down to the level of worker who we don't include in TEW. If your favourite hasn't made the cut, we hope you find a new one in amongst the new cast.

"New Thunderverse?"

New Thunderverse.

"release date king?"

THAT'S IT! BACK TO WINNIPEG release is delayed by one day. This rule is now in effect any time it's asked, think of your fellow Thunderverser!

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, Evilman said:

So happy this is happening. Not a fan of gifs though but hopefully there will be some workaround even if I have to do it myself. 

With how the images are backgrounded, they're backgrounded to always include the shape for the cutout so that it's not covering anything in the render - we've went through at least three versions of how we wanted them to be presented before settling on this format. If that doesn't particularly fuss you then converting to jpg should be easy but then would require the mass editing of the mod to have all the file names be jpgs. The optimal version of the mod is set up solely for gifs though.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, alpha2117 said:

Good luck guys and always remember - have fun with it.  It's a game and what you are doing needs to stay fun for you all. 

Not sure of you're referring to the re-rendering or modding in general, but the former was completed a while ago and we had a great time doing it (except when we all tried to avoid rendering the last boring referee). If the latter, I've been doing this for 13 years this week and Roguey has done at least a decade. If it wasn't fun we'd have given up before mod number 9.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Evilman said:

OOOH YEEAAAH! 

So happy this is happening. Not a fan of gifs though but hopefully there will be some workaround even if I have to do it myself. 

Also nice leap to year 2025. 

As Roguey said, the GIFs are cutouts with the renders at full size. The only thing the GIF allows is for a promotion, stable or brand logo to show in the bottom right. It's also a pretty clean edge so you're not going to see any jankiness usually associated with GIFs in these games.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jhd1 said:

Not sure of you're referring to the re-rendering or modding in general, but the former was completed a while ago and we had a great time doing it (except when we all tried to avoid rendering the last boring referee). If the latter, I've been doing this for 13 years this week and Roguey has done at least a decade. If it wasn't fun we'd have given up before mod number 9.

I'll have you know that night I spent churning out as many referees as I could at maximum speed was, in fact......

.....One of the most absolutely mind numbing experiences I've ever had. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, jhd1 said:

Oh I know - what I was meaning was I know how much work something like this involves and how even though you are all doing it for the joy of doing it that it can also become tedious as you fiddle around with the minutae of getting things right and to try to remember to have fun with it as much as you can.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jhd1 said:

You finished the re-rendering "a while ago"? Holy smokes! How did you guys re-render an entire modification in such a small time?!!??1!?!??!!!one??!!!questionmark!!!??!! 👀 😇

• Haha 10