BBCF Open BETA 1.49

OK, I just ran a couple seasons and see some issues regarding 2 and 3-loss non-BCS conference teams struggling to break the top 25. I also noticed that the spots 6-14 in the polls after the bowl game can be a little odd. I will make a couple minor tweaks (although the non-BCS thing is something I actually messed up with the last update). Hopefully, this will be better now.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I finally found the problem. I have two PCs - one for testing and the other for coding. The reason being I can run some sims while I am coding a solution. Well, I made the 1.49 polls fix on my test PC but didn't move the code over to my other PC. So, the version I compiled did not have that fix. And, I didn't catch it at first since the sim I ran on my test PC had the correct code. A big thanks to galaril for making the comment.

OK, I finally found the problem. I have two PCs - one for testing and the other for coding. The reason being I can run some sims while I am coding a solution. Well, I made the 1.49 polls fix on my test PC but didn't move the code over to my other PC. So, the version I compiled did not have that fix. And, I didn't catch it at first since the sim I ran on my test PC had the correct code. A big thanks to galaril for making the comment.

Hey, when coaching a game, BBCF uses 100% cpu even when waiting for user input. This is problematic for laptop users (heat, battery drain). Blocking and waiting for user input is best, but some ms of sleep in the UI loop would at least help.

Hey, when coaching a game, BBCF uses 100% cpu even when waiting for user input. This is problematic for laptop users (heat, battery drain). Blocking and waiting for user input is best, but some ms of sleep in the UI loop would at least help.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;159386]OK, I finally found the problem. I have two PCs - one for testing and the other for coding. The reason being I can run some sims while I am coding a solution. Well, I made the 1.49 polls fix on my test PC but didn't move the code over to my other PC. So, the version I compiled did not have that fix. And, I didn't catch it at first since the sim I ran on my test PC had the correct code. A big thanks to galaril for making the comment.[/QUOTE] That makes sense. I really had no issues with the polls before 1.49 and it just didn't seem right. Now I don't feel like I am crazy;) And thanks to you Arlie for actually taking a look at this. And you are welcome.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;159386]OK, I finally found the problem. I have two PCs - one for testing and the other for coding. The reason being I can run some sims while I am coding a solution. Well, I made the 1.49 polls fix on my test PC but didn't move the code over to my other PC. So, the version I compiled did not have that fix. And, I didn't catch it at first since the sim I ran on my test PC had the correct code. A big thanks to galaril for making the comment.[/QUOTE] That makes sense. I really had no issues with the polls before 1.49 and it just didn't seem right. Now I don't feel like I am crazy;) And thanks to you Arlie for actually taking a look at this. And you are welcome.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;159429]I should have the final 1.50 out by Monday.[/QUOTE] I thought I was seeing the "Same" poll problems as before, glad to see you just forgot to move it over to the new compile. I have a 2 loss Michigan team win the National Championship over an unbeaten Purude team that beat Michigan. A couple things that I would like to request but am sure will not make it this late in the process. A couple more postseason options. A plus 1 game, and an 8 team playoff. Also I am ready for you to put up the pro game forum. I am not a huge pro fan at all, but I have really enjoyed shooting you ideas and help iron out issues as you create these incredible games. Thanks Tc

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;159429]I should have the final 1.50 out by Monday.[/QUOTE] I thought I was seeing the "Same" poll problems as before, glad to see you just forgot to move it over to the new compile. I have a 2 loss Michigan team win the National Championship over an unbeaten Purude team that beat Michigan. A couple things that I would like to request but am sure will not make it this late in the process. A couple more postseason options. A plus 1 game, and an 8 team playoff. Also I am ready for you to put up the pro game forum. I am not a huge pro fan at all, but I have really enjoyed shooting you ideas and help iron out issues as you create these incredible games. Thanks Tc

Arlie, I know you are set for final release so this is just a suggestion and I think it may have been mentioned. PLease for the next version next year or whenever it comes make it so we can choose the type of offense and defense our team starts out with. This is a huge pain to get a team with a option offense and a 4-3 or 3-4 to generate. I it will usuually take me 25 times restarting a new association to get a Air Force team that starts a s a option to team let alone one with a 4-3 or 3-4 d. Just a suggestion.

Arlie, I know you are set for final release so this is just a suggestion and I think it may have been mentioned. PLease for the next version next year or whenever it comes make it so we can choose the type of offense and defense our team starts out with. This is a huge pain to get a team with a option offense and a 4-3 or 3-4 to generate. I it will usuually take me 25 times restarting a new association to get a Air Force team that starts a s a option to team let alone one with a 4-3 or 3-4 d. Just a suggestion.

Guest Nukester
If we are 10 games into the season, and the few latest polls were created using 1.49, will the polls fix themselves with 1.50, or is the new poll logic only something you will see over the course of an entire season ?

Guest Nukester
If we are 10 games into the season, and the few latest polls were created using 1.49, will the polls fix themselves with 1.50, or is the new poll logic only something you will see over the course of an entire season ?

Archived