BBCF Open BETA 1.49

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arlie I posted abug report in the tech support forum related to the gameplan error for OR plan not equaling 100%. It was mentioned before and I suppose it slipped by when you were fixing things since you had mentioned you would clean it up. Just wanted to let ya know befor eyou send out 1.50.

Arlie I posted abug report in the tech support forum related to the gameplan error for OR plan not equaling 100%. It was mentioned before and I suppose it slipped by when you were fixing things since you had mentioned you would clean it up. Just wanted to let ya know befor eyou send out 1.50.

I've encountered a bug with simming in 1.47 (just installed 1.49 so if the patch clears it up I don't know yet). Occasionally when the program is about to sim my game, that game and all games after it will not be simed. The week is advanced and all of those games are treated as if they were never played. Closing the program and loading the last save has allowed me to continue, but when I've just loaded the last save without closing bbcf, the problem presists. Otherwise, loving the patch.

I've encountered a bug with simming in 1.47 (just installed 1.49 so if the patch clears it up I don't know yet). Occasionally when the program is about to sim my game, that game and all games after it will not be simed. The week is advanced and all of those games are treated as if they were never played. Closing the program and loading the last save has allowed me to continue, but when I've just loaded the last save without closing bbcf, the problem presists. Otherwise, loving the patch.

One thing I've noticed still happening is the conference usa schedule just repeats. I know its somewhat complex but when UCF still hasnt played UTEP except in title game for 15 years thats not good. Not sure if there is anything you could do there. But thanks for this update. It has made me even more addicted. Great work!

One thing I've noticed still happening is the conference usa schedule just repeats. I know its somewhat complex but when UCF still hasnt played UTEP except in title game for 15 years thats not good. Not sure if there is anything you could do there. But thanks for this update. It has made me even more addicted. Great work!

[QUOTE=somapopper;159126]I've encountered a bug with simming in 1.47 (just installed 1.49 so if the patch clears it up I don't know yet). Occasionally when the program is about to sim my game, that game and all games after it will not be simed. The week is advanced and all of those games are treated as if they were never played. [/QUOTE] I had the same problem in 1.47, but I haven't run into it in any later version.

[QUOTE=somapopper;159126]I've encountered a bug with simming in 1.47 (just installed 1.49 so if the patch clears it up I don't know yet). Occasionally when the program is about to sim my game, that game and all games after it will not be simed. The week is advanced and all of those games are treated as if they were never played. [/QUOTE] I had the same problem in 1.47, but I haven't run into it in any later version.

[QUOTE=galaril;159081]Arlie I posted abug report in the tech support forum related to the gameplan error for OR plan not equaling 100%. It was mentioned before and I suppose it slipped by when you were fixing things since you had mentioned you would clean it up. Just wanted to let ya know befor eyou send out 1.50.[/QUOTE] You need to do one of the following: 1. advance to camp with 1.49 or start a new career with 1.49 2. manually edit the %s as shown with the one line edit in the tech support thread (I think it was 1st 3 quarters/no pref/own 20 to FG range -> 2nd and < 3). But, this has been fixed for new careers or any career that goes through the camp stage.

[QUOTE=galaril;159081]Arlie I posted abug report in the tech support forum related to the gameplan error for OR plan not equaling 100%. It was mentioned before and I suppose it slipped by when you were fixing things since you had mentioned you would clean it up. Just wanted to let ya know befor eyou send out 1.50.[/QUOTE] You need to do one of the following: 1. advance to camp with 1.49 or start a new career with 1.49 2. manually edit the %s as shown with the one line edit in the tech support thread (I think it was 1st 3 quarters/no pref/own 20 to FG range -> 2nd and < 3). But, this has been fixed for new careers or any career that goes through the camp stage.

Ok, first off thanks Arlie for all your hard work. Now to this. I think we as agroup have been to picky ont he polls and may from what I am seeing pushed Arlie to partially screwing up the polls. I will try to post my last season results but what I am now seeing with 1.49 is not promising. I for one was overall very happy with thepolls. Sure they need some fine tuning but now? I finished off 11-2 second in the WAC and one my bowl game and was not ranked. But 4 other teams 3 whom I beat were ranked and they all had 4 losses:eek: Another example, #7 Oklahoma plays #6Notre Dame and wins. Oklahoma finished #6 Notre Dame is #5! That is the media poll. In the coaches poll Oklahoma was #13 and after the bowl win moved up to #12. I don't ever remember seeing such a discrepancy before in the game or real life. Last one Notre dame goes into the bowl game against Oklahoma, Fiesta Bowl with a record of 11-0 but are ranked # 6. Missouri is 8-3 and is #5? They finish 8-4 and finish #7. These are very disapointing results and have not seen anything this severe until now.

Ok, first off thanks Arlie for all your hard work. Now to this. I think we as agroup have been to picky ont he polls and may from what I am seeing pushed Arlie to partially screwing up the polls. I will try to post my last season results but what I am now seeing with 1.49 is not promising. I for one was overall very happy with thepolls. Sure they need some fine tuning but now? I finished off 11-2 second in the WAC and one my bowl game and was not ranked. But 4 other teams 3 whom I beat were ranked and they all had 4 losses:eek: Another example, #7 Oklahoma plays #6Notre Dame and wins. Oklahoma finished #6 Notre Dame is #5! That is the media poll. In the coaches poll Oklahoma was #13 and after the bowl win moved up to #12. I don't ever remember seeing such a discrepancy before in the game or real life. Last one Notre dame goes into the bowl game against Oklahoma, Fiesta Bowl with a record of 11-0 but are ranked # 6. Missouri is 8-3 and is #5? They finish 8-4 and finish #7. These are very disapointing results and have not seen anything this severe until now.

I just ran a season where 11-2 Utah finished 18th overall (after winning their bowl). Depending on SOS, I could see an SEC or Big 10 team at 9-4 finish above a lower team with 3 losses. SOS matters here and teams like Toledo and Nevada have finished with 3 losses and not made the top 25. But, a team with 2 losses should make the top 25. I will take another look, but I can't promise anything. At this point, making any more changes will probably cause just as many negative effects. I've run around 20-25 season tests in the past 24 hours and most look very good. Now, are there instances where a #15 team might have instead finished at #11? Probably. But my focus has been the top 10 and the 20-30 range as those were the areas where most teams have been impacted (and most complaints have been made). Yet, when I look at the data for the entire top 25 in the media, coaches and BCS, I think the results are about as good as they can get unless I simply start over from scratch and put in a ton of time.

I just ran a season where 11-2 Utah finished 18th overall (after winning their bowl). Depending on SOS, I could see an SEC or Big 10 team at 9-4 finish above a lower team with 3 losses. SOS matters here and teams like Toledo and Nevada have finished with 3 losses and not made the top 25. But, a team with 2 losses should make the top 25. I will take another look, but I can't promise anything. At this point, making any more changes will probably cause just as many negative effects. I've run around 20-25 season tests in the past 24 hours and most look very good. Now, are there instances where a #15 team might have instead finished at #11? Probably. But my focus has been the top 10 and the 20-30 range as those were the areas where most teams have been impacted (and most complaints have been made). Yet, when I look at the data for the entire top 25 in the media, coaches and BCS, I think the results are about as good as they can get unless I simply start over from scratch and put in a ton of time.

Guest Nukester
Just a fairly cosmetic thing that I noticed. I just recruited a JuCo player in Gridiron Glory who's school is listed as Hudson Valley CC in Massachusetts. Hudson Valley CC is actually in Troy, NY Also, Cornwall High School in NY is listed as being in New Windsor. Its close to New Windsor but is actually in Cornwall NY

Guest Nukester
Just a fairly cosmetic thing that I noticed. I just recruited a JuCo player in Gridiron Glory who's school is listed as Hudson Valley CC in Massachusetts. Hudson Valley CC is actually in Troy, NY Also, Cornwall High School in NY is listed as being in New Windsor. Its close to New Windsor but is actually in Cornwall NY

OK, I just ran a couple seasons and see some issues regarding 2 and 3-loss non-BCS conference teams struggling to break the top 25. I also noticed that the spots 6-14 in the polls after the bowl game can be a little odd. I will make a couple minor tweaks (although the non-BCS thing is something I actually messed up with the last update). Hopefully, this will be better now.

Archived