BBCF Open BETA 1.49

This is with version 1.47, so maybe it's not valid, but it is rather humorous. Texas ball, Q1, 1-10-TEX2 (01:08) 0-0 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-RB-corner-WR4-str Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-Man-B5 QB R. Carter completes a 43 yard in to WR S. Hickerson (SS V. Nelson). He fumbles the ball after a hit by V. Nelson. It's recovered by R. Carter of Texas. R. Carter with the great pass. SS V. Nelson allowed the big play. Threw it, then ran down and recovered the fumble 43 yards downfield to keep the ball. Just...eh...well, okay... Tell

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is with version 1.47, so maybe it's not valid, but it is rather humorous. Texas ball, Q1, 1-10-TEX2 (01:08) 0-0 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-RB-corner-WR4-str Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-Man-B5 QB R. Carter completes a 43 yard in to WR S. Hickerson (SS V. Nelson). He fumbles the ball after a hit by V. Nelson. It's recovered by R. Carter of Texas. R. Carter with the great pass. SS V. Nelson allowed the big play. Threw it, then ran down and recovered the fumble 43 yards downfield to keep the ball. Just...eh...well, okay... Tell

[QUOTE=Tellistto;158161]This is with version 1.47, so maybe it's not valid, but it is rather humorous. Texas ball, Q1, 1-10-TEX2 (01:08) 0-0 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-RB-corner-WR4-str Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-Man-B5 QB R. Carter completes a 43 yard in to WR S. Hickerson (SS V. Nelson). He fumbles the ball after a hit by V. Nelson. It's recovered by R. Carter of Texas. R. Carter with the great pass. SS V. Nelson allowed the big play. Threw it, then ran down and recovered the fumble 43 yards downfield to keep the ball. Just...eh...well, okay... Tell[/QUOTE] That's a player who never gives up until the whistle is blown. hilarious.

[QUOTE=Tellistto;158161]This is with version 1.47, so maybe it's not valid, but it is rather humorous. Texas ball, Q1, 1-10-TEX2 (01:08) 0-0 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-RB-corner-WR4-str Defense: Normal, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-norm-Man-B5 QB R. Carter completes a 43 yard in to WR S. Hickerson (SS V. Nelson). He fumbles the ball after a hit by V. Nelson. It's recovered by R. Carter of Texas. R. Carter with the great pass. SS V. Nelson allowed the big play. Threw it, then ran down and recovered the fumble 43 yards downfield to keep the ball. Just...eh...well, okay... Tell[/QUOTE] That's a player who never gives up until the whistle is blown. hilarious.

There are two issues I have noticed with the box scores. The first is that for stats like yards per carry and yards per catch there are two decimal places but the number is only calculated to one decimal place so the second decimal is always zero. Also, with games played at neutral sites (conference championships, bowl games) the box score seems to base attendence on the stadium of the team that is in the slot where the home team normally is listed in the box score. For example if California is playing Michigan in the Rose Bowl and Michigan is the second team listed the attendence in the box score would be listed at 107,501. The weather in the box score does seem to conform to where the game is being played and not the team in the home slot.

There are two issues I have noticed with the box scores. The first is that for stats like yards per carry and yards per catch there are two decimal places but the number is only calculated to one decimal place so the second decimal is always zero. Also, with games played at neutral sites (conference championships, bowl games) the box score seems to base attendence on the stadium of the team that is in the slot where the home team normally is listed in the box score. For example if California is playing Michigan in the Rose Bowl and Michigan is the second team listed the attendence in the box score would be listed at 107,501. The weather in the box score does seem to conform to where the game is being played and not the team in the home slot.

Here's the list for 1.49: 1. Fixed the final poll issue. 2. Fixed the MP import skipping teams. 3. Fixed some PBP grammar issues. 4. Fixed the FC and TD reversal issue on awards screen. 5. Fixed decimal issue on box scores (2 digits now on some stats). 6. Fixed bowl games to now have bowl game attendence (not home team attendence). [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/downloads/BBUpdate149.exe[/url] Outside of new errors that may pop up, this will be the final version for additions/changes. I want to thank everyone for their help with this BETA and I hope everyone continues to enjoy this game for a while.

Here's the list for 1.49: 1. Fixed the final poll issue. 2. Fixed the MP import skipping teams. 3. Fixed some PBP grammar issues. 4. Fixed the FC and TD reversal issue on awards screen. 5. Fixed decimal issue on box scores (2 digits now on some stats). 6. Fixed bowl games to now have bowl game attendence (not home team attendence). [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/downloads/BBUpdate149.exe[/url] Outside of new errors that may pop up, this will be the final version for additions/changes. I want to thank everyone for their help with this BETA and I hope everyone continues to enjoy this game for a while.

Thanks a lot Arlie, i really think this game is underated right now due to the initial bugs and the 400ss and TPF fiasco from where some ppl will always judgue you, but the current game state makes it one of the best text sims ever, and you know i play them all :)

Thanks a lot Arlie, i really think this game is underated right now due to the initial bugs and the 400ss and TPF fiasco from where some ppl will always judgue you, but the current game state makes it one of the best text sims ever, and you know i play them all :)

[quote='[Icy];158454']Thanks a lot Arlie, i really think this game is underated right now due to the initial bugs and the 400ss and TPF fiasco from where some ppl will always judgue you, but the current game state makes it one of the best text sims ever, and you know i play them all :)[/quote] True. I got back into this with 1.47, and I'm having a blast with it. I can't wait for the pro version. :D

[quote='[Icy];158454']Thanks a lot Arlie, i really think this game is underated right now due to the initial bugs and the 400ss and TPF fiasco from where some ppl will always judgue you, but the current game state makes it one of the best text sims ever, and you know i play them all :)[/quote] True. I got back into this with 1.47, and I'm having a blast with it. I can't wait for the pro version. :D

Cosmethic issue Arlie, in the deep chart screen, if you mouseover the DSC column for the OLine men it says "route running" instead of discipline.

Cosmethic issue Arlie, in the deep chart screen, if you mouseover the DSC column for the OLine men it says "route running" instead of discipline.

Guest DirkGildun
Arlie, Do you have a target date yet when the final official (1.50?) update patch and complete game with the official update included will be available on the Downloads page? By Thanksgiving, maybe?

Guest DirkGildun
Arlie, Do you have a target date yet when the final official (1.50?) update patch and complete game with the official update included will be available on the Downloads page? By Thanksgiving, maybe?

Archived