BBCF Open BETA 1.49

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the polls still need a bit of work to them. My team started off 7-0 and became the #1 ranked team in the media and coaches. Then the next week i won, but fell to #2. Another undefeated team jumped to #1 which i was ok with. Then i won again to go 9-0 and fell down to 6th in both polls. In the media poll, 3 teams that have lost one jumped in front of me and one team that has lost 3 games. My SOS was 92, as the 3 team loss was 84 and one team loss was 75. In the coaches poll 2 one loss teams and 2 two loss teams jumped in front of me. I don't understand how i can drop from #1 to #6 without losing a game.

I think the polls still need a bit of work to them. My team started off 7-0 and became the #1 ranked team in the media and coaches. Then the next week i won, but fell to #2. Another undefeated team jumped to #1 which i was ok with. Then i won again to go 9-0 and fell down to 6th in both polls. In the media poll, 3 teams that have lost one jumped in front of me and one team that has lost 3 games. My SOS was 92, as the 3 team loss was 84 and one team loss was 75. In the coaches poll 2 one loss teams and 2 two loss teams jumped in front of me. I don't understand how i can drop from #1 to #6 without losing a game.

Hi Arlie: I realize that the update is about finalized. I think that another possible issue is quarterback fumbles on sacks. In my most recent completed season, my QB's were sacked about 35 times; yet I don't think one of these sacks resulted in a fumble. I think the overall team fumble totals are a tad on the low side. Most QB fumbles are caused during sacks; I think incorporating this into the game would bring the totals up to more realistic levels. Can this issue be looked at before the final 1.50 update is released? Regardless, great game! Thanks for your updates.

Hi Arlie: I realize that the update is about finalized. I think that another possible issue is quarterback fumbles on sacks. In my most recent completed season, my QB's were sacked about 35 times; yet I don't think one of these sacks resulted in a fumble. I think the overall team fumble totals are a tad on the low side. Most QB fumbles are caused during sacks; I think incorporating this into the game would bring the totals up to more realistic levels. Can this issue be looked at before the final 1.50 update is released? Regardless, great game! Thanks for your updates.

Guest Nukester
I also think defenses are still not calling enough time outs, and when they do call them, they need to be before there is only 20 seconds left in the game. They should probably be calling them closer to the 2:00 mark if they are behind. Again, Im looking at the gamelogs only, through the BBViewer, so if they are being called, they only show up in the gamelogs every once in awhile. Here, Air Force was down by 8 points (I am Army). They didnt use a time out until there was 20 seconds left in the game (and notice that it shows twice in a row in the gamelog) and that one was the only one they used (again, this is based on the gamelog only. I watch my games through the BBViewer) [quote]Army ball, Q4, 2-7-ARMY45 (00:20) 31-23 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-straight-RG Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-Man RB I. Olsen runs right guard for 4 yards (CB W. Grasmanis). Air Force Timeout! Air Force Timeout! Army ball, Q4, 3-3-ARMY49 (00:12) 31-23 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-draw-RT Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-DZ The QB takes a knee.[/quote]

Guest Nukester
I also think defenses are still not calling enough time outs, and when they do call them, they need to be before there is only 20 seconds left in the game. They should probably be calling them closer to the 2:00 mark if they are behind. Again, Im looking at the gamelogs only, through the BBViewer, so if they are being called, they only show up in the gamelogs every once in awhile. Here, Air Force was down by 8 points (I am Army). They didnt use a time out until there was 20 seconds left in the game (and notice that it shows twice in a row in the gamelog) and that one was the only one they used (again, this is based on the gamelog only. I watch my games through the BBViewer) [quote]Army ball, Q4, 2-7-ARMY45 (00:20) 31-23 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-straight-RG Defense: Normal, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-Man RB I. Olsen runs right guard for 4 yards (CB W. Grasmanis). Air Force Timeout! Air Force Timeout! Army ball, Q4, 3-3-ARMY49 (00:12) 31-23 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-draw-RT Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-DZ The QB takes a knee.[/quote]

Guys, the update was finalized last night. I could look at small issues from now until next October and still have an "odd issue with the poll" or "stats a little off on fumbles". Most poll issues that may crop up from time to time end up working themselves out by weeks 14-15 or so. I did, however, make one more adjustment on defensive TOs based on some other feedback (much like Nukester here). So, that should be a little better for 1.50. Right now, I am going to spend this weekend updating the demo and then shift to pro football. I will probably be opening a pro forum in the next couple weeks to start getting some ideas. I really appreciate all the feedback and I think that BBCF has greatly benefited from the time and effort you guys have put in. It's gotten to the point where I have a hard time remembering that this is still only a "first version" sports sim and I think the future is very bright for this football line.

Guys, the update was finalized last night. I could look at small issues from now until next October and still have an "odd issue with the poll" or "stats a little off on fumbles". Most poll issues that may crop up from time to time end up working themselves out by weeks 14-15 or so. I did, however, make one more adjustment on defensive TOs based on some other feedback (much like Nukester here). So, that should be a little better for 1.50. Right now, I am going to spend this weekend updating the demo and then shift to pro football. I will probably be opening a pro forum in the next couple weeks to start getting some ideas. I really appreciate all the feedback and I think that BBCF has greatly benefited from the time and effort you guys have put in. It's gotten to the point where I have a hard time remembering that this is still only a "first version" sports sim and I think the future is very bright for this football line.

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;158815]I agree--looking at this game does not give one the feeling of a first edition game. Its very tight and I'm ready for you to get to the pro version as well.[/QUOTE] I agree 100%. Fantastic game as it is. Get that pro game going ! Just make sure we can go from the college game to the pro game with our players :)

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;158815]I agree--looking at this game does not give one the feeling of a first edition game. Its very tight and I'm ready for you to get to the pro version as well.[/QUOTE] I agree 100%. Fantastic game as it is. Get that pro game going ! Just make sure we can go from the college game to the pro game with our players :)

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;158822]Gridiron Heroes already in the works![/QUOTE] Im in ! Gridiron Glory is the most fun Ive had in an online league of any kind in a long time

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;158822]Gridiron Heroes already in the works![/QUOTE] Im in ! Gridiron Glory is the most fun Ive had in an online league of any kind in a long time

Archived