BBCF Open BETA 1.49

[QUOTE=galaril;157943]When does this occur week 2? I have used in the previous season and have had the team set to option offense/ 4-3 defense. But, I see in the new season expectations that my team is vertical passing and a 4-4 defense:confused: This is during week 1. So does that mean my gameplans are screwed up for the coming season even if I select the option and 4-3 in week 2 of the season?[/QUOTE] Did you have the AI set to handle gameplans? If so, it would have chosen a new offense for you during camp. Are you in week 2 of camp or the season?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;157985]Did you have the AI set to handle gameplans? If so, it would have chosen a new offense for you during camp. Are you in week 2 of camp or the season?[/QUOTE] It was week 1 before you pick the offense and defense philosophies for the coming season. And no I didn't have the AI handling it. I do everything myself. It just seemed odd so I thought to mention it. And actually the AI was correct in that the personel on my team was better suited to the Vertical passing philosophy but I was in the process of converting the team into an option team. I had just started a new association with an option team and after one season was continuing on when the AI changed the philosophy.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;157985]Did you have the AI set to handle gameplans? If so, it would have chosen a new offense for you during camp. Are you in week 2 of camp or the season?[/QUOTE] It was week 1 before you pick the offense and defense philosophies for the coming season. And no I didn't have the AI handling it. I do everything myself. It just seemed odd so I thought to mention it. And actually the AI was correct in that the personel on my team was better suited to the Vertical passing philosophy but I was in the process of converting the team into an option team. I had just started a new association with an option team and after one season was continuing on when the AI changed the philosophy.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;157984]OK, I'm really going to need to get the saves and exact files that cause this and just struggle through it. I've tried creating this situation on my own and been unable to get it. Would you mind sending me an email with the location of the save and coach files that cause this (again, I know)? Thanks[/QUOTE] Info sent. It happened when, as we discussed, I did NOT get rid of old files. There are no old files in the directory now, so hopefully it'll happen for you, but there's a chance that it won't--all the coach's files in the directory have been uploaded since the last sim was done.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;157984]OK, I'm really going to need to get the saves and exact files that cause this and just struggle through it. I've tried creating this situation on my own and been unable to get it. Would you mind sending me an email with the location of the save and coach files that cause this (again, I know)? Thanks[/QUOTE] Info sent. It happened when, as we discussed, I did NOT get rid of old files. There are no old files in the directory now, so hopefully it'll happen for you, but there's a chance that it won't--all the coach's files in the directory have been uploaded since the last sim was done.

[QUOTE=galaril;157990]It was week 1 before you pick the offense and defense philosophies for the coming season. And no I didn't have the AI handling it. I do everything myself. It just seemed odd so I thought to mention it. And actually the AI was correct in that the personel on my team was better suited to the Vertical passing philosophy but I was in the process of converting the team into an option team. I had just started a new association with an option team and after one season was continuing on when the AI changed the philosophy.[/QUOTE] The AI will default to "the best" philosophy for all teams. To change it back, simply choose "Option" and your default gameplans will update.

[QUOTE=galaril;157990]It was week 1 before you pick the offense and defense philosophies for the coming season. And no I didn't have the AI handling it. I do everything myself. It just seemed odd so I thought to mention it. And actually the AI was correct in that the personel on my team was better suited to the Vertical passing philosophy but I was in the process of converting the team into an option team. I had just started a new association with an option team and after one season was continuing on when the AI changed the philosophy.[/QUOTE] The AI will default to "the best" philosophy for all teams. To change it back, simply choose "Option" and your default gameplans will update.

Hi Arlie. For my preferences, one of the best computer games of any genre I have played! I'd like to mention a few issues. Let me first state that I have not installed either of the recent beta's. If these anomalies have been addressed I apologize for not keeping current. 1) Kickoffs that go out of bounds are charged as a 40 yard penalty to the RECEIVING team. 2) In the "Team Leaders" section, under "Kicking", the team net punting averages are all 0.0. 3) In the same section, under "Returns", the team punt return averages are all 1.0. 4) In the "Player Leaders" section, under "Punting/Kickoffs", the "Ret" and "Yds" columns are all zeros. 5) It would be a great (and realistic) addition if some form of "squib" kickoff could be implemented in the dying seconds of a half or game. (or perhaps having it always available for that matter). Great game Arlie; thanks!

Hi Arlie. For my preferences, one of the best computer games of any genre I have played! I'd like to mention a few issues. Let me first state that I have not installed either of the recent beta's. If these anomalies have been addressed I apologize for not keeping current. 1) Kickoffs that go out of bounds are charged as a 40 yard penalty to the RECEIVING team. 2) In the "Team Leaders" section, under "Kicking", the team net punting averages are all 0.0. 3) In the same section, under "Returns", the team punt return averages are all 1.0. 4) In the "Player Leaders" section, under "Punting/Kickoffs", the "Ret" and "Yds" columns are all zeros. 5) It would be a great (and realistic) addition if some form of "squib" kickoff could be implemented in the dying seconds of a half or game. (or perhaps having it always available for that matter). Great game Arlie; thanks!

[QUOTE=Puppy Chow;158060]Hi Arlie. For my preferences, one of the best computer games of any genre I have played! I'd like to mention a few issues. Let me first state that I have not installed either of the recent beta's. If these anomalies have been addressed I apologize for not keeping current. 1) Kickoffs that go out of bounds are charged as a 40 yard penalty to the RECEIVING team. 2) In the "Team Leaders" section, under "Kicking", the team net punting averages are all 0.0. 3) In the same section, under "Returns", the team punt return averages are all 1.0. 4) In the "Player Leaders" section, under "Punting/Kickoffs", the "Ret" and "Yds" columns are all zeros. 5) It would be a great (and realistic) addition if some form of "squib" kickoff could be implemented in the dying seconds of a half or game. (or perhaps having it always available for that matter). Great game Arlie; thanks![/QUOTE] Are these all occurring with the 1.48 update?

[QUOTE=Puppy Chow;158060]Hi Arlie. For my preferences, one of the best computer games of any genre I have played! I'd like to mention a few issues. Let me first state that I have not installed either of the recent beta's. If these anomalies have been addressed I apologize for not keeping current. 1) Kickoffs that go out of bounds are charged as a 40 yard penalty to the RECEIVING team. 2) In the "Team Leaders" section, under "Kicking", the team net punting averages are all 0.0. 3) In the same section, under "Returns", the team punt return averages are all 1.0. 4) In the "Player Leaders" section, under "Punting/Kickoffs", the "Ret" and "Yds" columns are all zeros. 5) It would be a great (and realistic) addition if some form of "squib" kickoff could be implemented in the dying seconds of a half or game. (or perhaps having it always available for that matter). Great game Arlie; thanks![/QUOTE] Are these all occurring with the 1.48 update?

[QUOTE=markprior22;158092]Are these all occurring with the 1.48 update?[/QUOTE] As mentioned, I have not installed either beta, as I am awaiting the finished version. These are all issues in the 1.11 version. Again, I do apologize if these have been addressed/rectified in the betas.

[QUOTE=markprior22;158092]Are these all occurring with the 1.48 update?[/QUOTE] As mentioned, I have not installed either beta, as I am awaiting the finished version. These are all issues in the 1.11 version. Again, I do apologize if these have been addressed/rectified in the betas.

[QUOTE=Puppy Chow;158100]As mentioned, I have not installed either beta, as I am awaiting the finished version. These are all issues in the 1.11 version. Again, I do apologize if these have been addressed/rectified in the betas.[/QUOTE] Cool...I would highly recommend trying 1.48. I don't see anyone complaining about stability issues and Arlie has added some nice features/tightened up some existing issues.

[QUOTE=Puppy Chow;158100]As mentioned, I have not installed either beta, as I am awaiting the finished version. These are all issues in the 1.11 version. Again, I do apologize if these have been addressed/rectified in the betas.[/QUOTE] Cool...I would highly recommend trying 1.48. I don't see anyone complaining about stability issues and Arlie has added some nice features/tightened up some existing issues.

Has some of the awards display issues been fixed? Like for the Olineman award, it'll sometimes not show the winner's stats. You could see them when you open up the player card but it wouldn't show in the end of year awards section. The special teams award winner has the Fair Catch and TDs numbers reversed. The numbers for Fair Catches would appear under TDs and TDs would appear under FC, so you could see something like 0 FCs and 9 TDs. The player card is correct, it is just listed wrong in the awards section.

Has some of the awards display issues been fixed? Like for the Olineman award, it'll sometimes not show the winner's stats. You could see them when you open up the player card but it wouldn't show in the end of year awards section. The special teams award winner has the Fair Catch and TDs numbers reversed. The numbers for Fair Catches would appear under TDs and TDs would appear under FC, so you could see something like 0 FCs and 9 TDs. The player card is correct, it is just listed wrong in the awards section.

Archived